• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81 Comes to Origin and Izumo

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmmm I do like the Star Blue, but I'm not sure I have a character to make use of it. But then, I tend to like the dark, deep colors more as a whole.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
havent really seen much on this but, how do ya get 5 refined armor pieces on gargys? they only have 4 armor style slots then necklace and earrings (medable so no refine)
I said I was surprised no one was complaining about this But everyone was crying about the refinements, refinements aren't even bad...

Taken from pub-81 update thread.

So, what about Gargoyle characters, you can't get Non-medable Earrings/glasses Or a necklace, so refinements would only allow you to cap Resists at 74 (4 pieces refined to increase resistances)
or you could increase your DCI to 65 & 66 in all resistances.
or is mage armor going to beable to be removed from Med-able items, even though it doesn't show up as a property?
Otherwise gargoyles cannot gain the full benefit of refinements, in one direction or the other.
Less stamina protection & cap LMC bonus from non-med armor types as well.

Human/Elf LMC caps 40-45-55% Maximum of 5/5 non-med armor pieces.
Gargoyle LMC caps 40-44-52% Maximum of 4/5 non-med armor pieces.

At any rate, this needs to be addressed, hopefully before publish 82.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A note on publish/patch notes:

Please highlight/underline/set bold changes to the previous versions!

I'm commited to our game as a newser for the official german fan Forum Ultima Online Bibliothek. Translating, associating cryptic infos to known facts/mechanics, formating etc. is common duty.
But i feel personaly fooled when i have to waste my time on a version comparison of a 1xx-lines-wall-of-text (weapon revamp) full of small data pieces. Just to find out, that there is a single line only bearing different data:

War Mace, Base damage 15-19 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Classic client status window:

FC value is not updated to zero after casting protection on myself, while physic resist (61 -> 47 : -14) and resist spells (100 -> 66 : -34) do update. On the other hand: shouldnt protection lower phys. res. by 15 instead of 14 and resist spells by 35 instead of 34? (at 100 Resist Spells aka 1000 magicresist on TC1)?

(tested on TC1 in the past minutes)

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should be able to get them on Test pretty easy to see how they look
Yeah, it's VERY easy to get them. Just make or transfer a character to Test Center. On your second log-in there with that character, you'll see a message telling you that you have 1,000,000 cleanup points. So then all you have to do is just walk over to the cleanup NPC and select the dyes! I don't think it could be made much simpler than that.

cleanup points on tc.jpg

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

FC value is not updated to zero after casting protection on myself, while physic resist (61 -> 47 : -14) and resist spells (100 -> 66 : -34) do update. On the other hand: shouldnt protection lower phys. res. by 15 instead of 14 and resist spells by 35 instead of 34? (at 100 Resist Spells aka 1000 magicresist on TC1)?

if you are human that means itsl ike if you have 20% inscription so for each 20% it reduces the physical resist reduction by 1% I think so maybe its the same with magic resist reduction try with 0 scribe and gm scribe and see if theres a difference

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for testing and catching a display issue. In the case of protection and your physical resist, if you created a human to test remember that they technically have 20 Inscription which modifies the protection spell slightly. In general for testing purposes I always start as an elf unless another race is needed for testing.

Last edited:

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, thats the point, was a human, thanks! I thought of jack of all trades, mentioned eval at first and tried several values of it and the like, but forgot about the inscription thingy ;)

Last edited:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Also on TC for the cleanup points, if you simply get the pack of runic tools then toss away one of the higher end runics you'll get WELL over the max amount of point which will be enough to get as many of each color to test out as needed.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there mention anywhere of:

The new Stamina leech

Greater refresh, is it based on stamina cap or stamina available, or just a set amount per bottle?

There was mention of adding new things to the cleanup for points? Is there a list anywhere?

Nevermind, I found all of it except the list of items for turnin...

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I dusted the cobwebs off a treasure-hunter character that I had started to train on Origin a few years ago and after much fumbling around because I had no real clue what I was doing, used her to dig up two plain treasure maps in Trammel. There were no refinement components in either chest. Inconclusive testing, I agree, but not very promising either.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I dusted the cobwebs off a treasure-hunter character that I had started to train on Origin a few years ago and after much fumbling around because I had no real clue what I was doing, used her to dig up two plain treasure maps in Trammel. There were no refinement components in either chest. Inconclusive testing, I agree, but not very promising either.
Honestly, I see no way that refinement will not end up a nearly total wash. It looks like the only reliable way to get them is via crating, and you would probably have to sit there all day long IF you're lucky just to get enough ingredients (of ANY quality level let alone enough high quality) for a single suit. Very few people are so bored or crazy that they will do that on a regular basis, especially considering the fact that you can't easily store the ones you aren't looking for.

Until they allow stacking I think this is just a lost addition. Even then, I doubt many people are going to be willing to do the footwork.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just did an expert map in Trammel on Origin and also no refinement components. Will have to round up more maps. I've been pitching them in the trash for the longest time, but I guess it's time to get more and try to finish this t-hunter. This is kind of fun, but had to use up a vet reward on my oldest account to get one of the lockers because I just couldn't figure out where to dig using the classic client and with 51 mining. At least having the locker give me a better idea on the coordinates cuts off some of the time trying to figure out where to dig.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about fixing the Armore Ignore? I have two fencing weapons (kryss/spear) with hit lightning on them. When the lightning goes off there is no damage for the Armor Ignor. Its been like this for 4 days now.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did 3 more expert maps in Trammel on Origin with no refinement components in the chest. So that's 4 expert (level 2) and 2 plain (level 1) maps in Trammel that have not had refinement components. Not sure if the levels are too low or if I'm in the wrong facet. Maybe you have to do it in Fel.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did 3 more expert maps in Trammel on Origin with no refinement components in the chest. So that's 4 expert (level 2) and 2 plain (level 1) maps in Trammel that have not had refinement components. Not sure if the levels are too low or if I'm in the wrong facet. Maybe you have to do it in Fel.
They only spawn in lvl 3 or greater. You get them in Tram & Fel, just get better ones in Fel than in Tram.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They only spawn in lvl 3 or greater. You get them in Tram & Fel, just get better ones in Fel than in Tram.
Thanks for the clarification! Do you get the pirate and merchant ship drops and the champion spawn boss drops in all facets as well? And are there any limitations on those that we should know about too?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And while you're answering questions, can you clarify the what to expect with imbuing when an item has Mage Armor on it? It still takes up a property slot. But in spite of the notes saying that Mage Armor has 0 weight for imbuing, its presence on an item still significantly affects your chances to add other properties. Is that intentional?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, is there any chance at all that you'll be making the refinement components stackable?

And did you guys fix the bug where the top 3 levels of stealable/lootable components were all creating Invulnerability-level plating, thread, and resin? (In other words, if you used a Hardening-level or Fortification-level stealable/lootable component, you didn't get a Hardening-level plating or Fortification-level plating. You always got an Invulnerability-level plating.) The only stealable components I was able to find on Origin were Protection and Defense-level components, so I couldn't test this aspect of refinement to see if that bug had been fixed yet.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And while you're answering questions, can you clarify the what to expect with imbuing when an item has Mage Armor on it? It still takes up a property slot. But in spite of the notes saying that Mage Armor has 0 weight for imbuing, its presence on an item still significantly affects your chances to add other properties. Is that intentional?
Yes, the chance to add properties is based on actual intensity and not the weighted intensity.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the clarification! Do you get the pirate and merchant ship drops and the champion spawn boss drops in all facets as well? And are there any limitations on those that we should know about too?
Yes, all facets. Your chances of getting higher end items are better in Fel though.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix, is there any chance at all that you'll be making the refinement components stackable?

And did you guys fix the bug where the top 3 levels of stealable/lootable components were all creating Invulnerability-level plating, thread, and resin? (In other words, if you used a Hardening-level or Fortification-level stealable/lootable component, you didn't get a Hardening-level plating or Fortification-level plating. You always got an Invulnerability-level plating.) The only stealable components I was able to find on Origin were Protection and Defense-level components, so I couldn't test this aspect of refinement to see if that bug had been fixed yet.
The reason you can't stack the refinements is the same reason you can't stack power scrolls, runic hammers, and the like. Every single object needs to be exactly identical as far as the data is concerned for an object to stack, this is not the case with any of the refinement items.

The 2nd issue you describe is related to TC1 only and the means of distributing them through the barrels.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason you can't stack the refinements is the same reason you can't stack power scrolls, runic hammers, and the like. Every single object needs to be exactly identical as far as the data is concerned for an object to stack, this is not the case with any of the refinement items.

The 2nd issue you describe is related to TC1 only and the means of distributing them through the barrels.
Well how about some sort of refinement container like Davies locker... only not a vet reward.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
In other words you spent two months trolling the playerbase with this terrible system no one wanted, then hobbled it with so much grind/bloat/crap that no one will use it anyway.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you consider then, that It might not be a good idea to implement a system with 240 new non stackable items? Could you not have said "well since these won't stack and people will have to use a lot of space to store them, we should probably keep the overall item count to a minimum"?

First of all, why are there "raw" refinement items that must be cobbled together with the npc purchased items into useable refinement material? Why not just have them act like the aforementioned runic hammers? You find one in a chest or wherever, and you can use it. You don't have to take "runic hammer parts" and combine it with "magic ingots" to make "a runic hammer". I mean, it's nice thematically, but in the practical its just an pointless extra step that doubles the already hefty item count.

Secondly, and more confusingly, why have an item for every specific TYPE of armor? Why not just have one of each of the refinement types (reinforced/deflecting) for each of tailoring, Blacksmithing, and Carpentry? Even with that simplification you end up with 60 new non stackables. It's still a ton, but at least it's theoretically manageable without having to erect a new house the sole purpose of which is to sort and store refinement items.

The simplest execution of the idea with basically the same results would be to have condensed the refinement process into one item for each crafting type so a refinement tool could do either reinforcement or deflection. Just how we don't need a different hammer to make plate armor than we do to make chainmail. Keep the 5 quality levels and you have a grand total of a mere 15 items, and no superfluous raw item combination step in between the player and the content.

As it sits right now its a VERY hard system to even interact with. In order to simply make a single suit to test it out you have to go to a whole lot of trouble facing a lottery of getting the refinement parts for the armor you want to use (ignoring level of refinement quality concerns), and you can't even really keep many of the ones you don't want to use, because they don't stack, so you may well end up crate stealing or doing t chests for days, potentially tossing out extras you don't want, all to equip a single character. The prospect of outfitting a whole accounts worth of characters is a truly daunting one... and not in the fun way.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix/Bleak, would you guys consider increasing the drop rate for treasure maps and MIBs? I can't believe the amount of time it's taking to farm up just one or two level 3 maps to test them on Origin (2 hours of nonstop lich and arctic ogre lord farming with 1475 luck on the tamer to just get 2 maps??). And to think that there's a good chance there will be no components or they will be ones I'd never use is extremely discouraging.

Last edited:

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix/Bleak, would you guys consider increasing the drop rate for treasure maps and MIBs? I can't believe the amount of time it's taking to farm up just one or two level 3 maps to test them on Origin (2 hours of nonstop lich and arctic ogre lord farming with 1475 luck on the tamer to just get 2 maps??). And to think that there's a good chance there will be no components or they will be ones I'd never use is extremely discouraging.
Why don't you do Grizelda quest in Fel? Sure you will get level one and two maps, but you will get a lot more three and fours than monster farming would get you.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't you do Grizelda quest in Fel? Sure you will get level one and two maps, but you will get a lot more three and fours than monster farming would get you.
Thanks, Hen. I had forgotten that quest gave maps as part of the reward. Hopefully there wouldn't be too many that need a star chart!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the interests of helping Petra with making more updates to the refining article, I got the following refinement components from two Adept (level 3) Trammel maps just finished on Origin (my first time doing a map with a character logged on another client as backup...what a hoot): Polish of Hardening for Platemail Samurai armor and Varnish of Protection for Woodland armor.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few months back I was excited about the materials dropping on t-hunt loot. I planned to activate an account with a t-hunter on it and clear out some lvl 5 / lvl 6 maps collecting dust in my house. I've since lost that desire, mainly due to a few design decisions. Specifically, I'm not pleased that the materials don't stack and that you have so many different types of materials necessary.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we can set up some trading threads where people can exchange components, or maybe trade them through chat.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
How about fixing the Armore Ignore? I have two fencing weapons (kryss/spear) with hit lightning on them. When the lightning goes off there is no damage for the Armor Ignor. Its been like this for 4 days now.
Are you still seeing this issue? If you are would it be possible to post the specific mods on the weapons or perhaps a screenshot of the weapons? Also, is this occurring with any specific type of target (players, dragons, rabbits, etc.)?

Thanks

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the interests of helping Petra with making more updates to the refining article, I got the following refinement components from two Adept (level 3) Trammel maps just finished on Origin (my first time doing a map with a character logged on another client as backup...what a hoot): Polish of Hardening for Platemail Samurai armor and Varnish of Protection for Woodland armor.
Thanks Tina :) I'll try to do a few different levels from the stack in test center bank box tomorrow

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically what I gather is refinements are hard to get...so they are going to make the difference between the haves and have nots far too great...and the ones who put in a lot of work will end up with uber suits and the ones who don't will have to pay through the nose or stick with suddenly inferior equipment...I mean, it's one thing for +DCI cap to be ridiculous, but it's another if it's kept rather rare...hm. But I guess I have to look into what Tina has done a bit more, because I still haven't found any refinements in town chests.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I guess I have to look into what Tina has done a bit more, because I still haven't found any refinements in town chests.
Try blacksmith, carpenter, tanner, and cobbler shops in Fel. Tailor shops seem a bit iffy on whether or not they will have the components.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just went with Poo on Origin while he dug up an Ingenious (level 6) t-map in Trammel. There were 2 refinement components in the loot: Wash of Hardening for Hide armor and Gloss of Hardening for Woodland armor.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you consider then, that It might not be a good idea to implement a system with 240 new non stackable items? Could you not have said "well since these won't stack and people will have to use a lot of space to store them, we should probably keep the overall item count to a minimum"?

First of all, why are there "raw" refinement items that must be cobbled together with the npc purchased items into useable refinement material? Why not just have them act like the aforementioned runic hammers? You find one in a chest or wherever, and you can use it. You don't have to take "runic hammer parts" and combine it with "magic ingots" to make "a runic hammer". I mean, it's nice thematically, but in the practical its just an pointless extra step that doubles the already hefty item count.

Secondly, and more confusingly, why have an item for every specific TYPE of armor? Why not just have one of each of the refinement types (reinforced/deflecting) for each of tailoring, Blacksmithing, and Carpentry? Even with that simplification you end up with 60 new non stackables. It's still a ton, but at least it's theoretically manageable without having to erect a new house the sole purpose of which is to sort and store refinement items.

The simplest execution of the idea with basically the same results would be to have condensed the refinement process into one item for each crafting type so a refinement tool could do either reinforcement or deflection. Just how we don't need a different hammer to make plate armor than we do to make chainmail. Keep the 5 quality levels and you have a grand total of a mere 15 items, and no superfluous raw item combination step in between the player and the content.

As it sits right now its a VERY hard system to even interact with. In order to simply make a single suit to test it out you have to go to a whole lot of trouble facing a lottery of getting the refinement parts for the armor you want to use (ignoring level of refinement quality concerns), and you can't even really keep many of the ones you don't want to use, because they don't stack, so you may well end up crate stealing or doing t chests for days, potentially tossing out extras you don't want, all to equip a single character. The prospect of outfitting a whole accounts worth of characters is a truly daunting one... and not in the fun way.
Well described and broken down. The fact that this system change went live is insane. I use that word in a clinical sense, as in, the person behind this system, and those who supported him are insane, mentally unwell, etc. This type of complication is wonderful for tax law and home owner associations, but not so much for a game that people pay to play for fun.

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A least I have something new to do now! On origin I have got around 125+ materials from spawns/tmaps ect. Pretty easy to obtain but working to get a suit right takes time. nice pub

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't you also like that first hysterically bad set of stamina changes?
Good call.

Right from the get-go Goodman praised all the stamina/warrior nerfs lol. I believe he referenced that it wasnt right that all warriors could swing 1.25

Guess he was upset when the devs came to their senses and backed off the really crazy ones like refresh pot timers.

What does that say when even the devs figure something out before you do? Ouch

Last edited:

RioGrande

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please dont forget why we have Tram AND Fel.
Fel is empty because the players dont like Fel,please do not force the players to do things they dont want.
Most players want to play in Tram,and not with weaker Items,all player want the better ones.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please dont forget why we have Tram AND Fel.
Fel is empty because the players dont like Fel,please do not force the players to do things they dont want.
Most players want to play in Tram,and not with weaker Items,all player want the better ones.

I got 100's of refinements items already. Both from Trammel and Felucca. 90% i got in Trammel the other i got stealing in Felucca. I mostly play in Trammel but i don't mind that the stealing only one are in Felucca. If my thief is killed for stealing in Felucca then Justice was done. It is my thief's job not to get caught! ;)

There are just lots of ways to get refinements in Trammel. :)

Last edited:

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done two fel champs spawns in the past two days, and didn't get any refinements either time. I got one refinement three days ago in my first fel champ spawn since the publish, nothing since.`
Is this intended? You'd think there might even be a couple refinements in the chest for the time and effort put into it.
Customer Service
2013 Apr 09 20:33 GMT
We are taking down all shards tomorrow starting at 11:00 a.m. EDT (17:00 CEST). During this time we will be patching new clients in preparation for Publish 81 for all the shards. In addition, published 81 will be published to Origin and Izumo.

At the moment we anticipate the shards to be back online by 3:00 p.m. EDT (21:00 CEST).

Click on more to view a list of the changes.

Publish 80 Changes

Weapon Revamp

All weapons have now been normalized based on weapon speed and handedness.

Mace:

• Gargish Tessen & Tessen, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Wild Staff, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Quarter Staff, Base damage 11-14 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Glass Staff, Base damage 11-14 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Nunchaku, Base damage 12-15 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Tetsubo, Base damage 12-15 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Club, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Disc Mace, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Mace, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Shepherd's Crook, Base damage 13-16 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Wand, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Black Staff, Base damage 13-16 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • War Axe, Base damage 12-16 / Weapon Speed 3.0 seconds
  • Diamond Mace, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Gargish Gnarled Staff & Gnarled Staff, Base damage 15-18 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Sledge Hammer, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Smith's Hammer, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Gargish Maul & Maul, Base damage 14-18 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Serpentstone Staff, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Scepter, Base damage 14-18 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Hammer Pick, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Gargish War Hammer & War Hammer, Base damage 17-20 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • War Mace, Base damage 15-19 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
Fencing:

• Gargish Kryss & Kryss, Base damage 10-12 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Bloodblade, Base damage 10-12 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Gargish Tekagi & Tekagi, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Sai, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Assassin Spike, Base damage 10-12 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Gargish Dagger & Dagger, Base damage 10-12 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Short Spear, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Kama, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Shortblade, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Dual Pointed Spear, Base damage 11-14 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Double Bladed Staff, Base damage 11-14 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • War Cleaver, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Gargish War Fork & War Fork, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds 2.5
  • Pitchfork, Base damage 12-15 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Elven Spellblade, Base damage 12-15 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Spear, Base damage 13-16 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Leafblade, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Gargish Pike & Pike, Base damage 14-17 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Lajatang, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Gargish Lance & Lance, Base damage 18-22 / Weapon Speed 4.25 seconds
Axes:

• Hatchet, Base damage 13-16 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Gargish Axe & Axe, Base damage 14-17 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Dual Short Axes, Base damage 14-17 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Executioner's Axe, Base damage 15-18 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Double Axe, Base damage 15-18 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Battle Axe, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Gargish Battle Axe, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Two-Handed Axe, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Ornate Axe, Base damage 17-20 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • Large Battle Axe, Base damage 17-20 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
Swords:

• Bokuto, Base damage 10-12 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Butcher Knife & Gargish Butcher Knife, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Skinning Knife, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Cleaver & Gargish Cleaver, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Cutlass, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Gargish Katana & Katana, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Crescent Blade, Base damage 12-15 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Radiant Scimitar, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Wakizashi, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Glass Sword, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Elven Machete, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Daisho & Gargish Daisho, Base damage 13-16 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Bladed Staff, Base damage 14-17 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Pickaxe, Base damage 12-16 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Scimitar, Base damage 12-16 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Rune Blade, Base damage 14-17 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Bone Harvester & Gargish Bone Harvester, Base damage 12-16 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Broadsword, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Longsword, Base damage 14-18 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Gargish Scythe & Scythe, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • No-Dachi, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Dread Sword, Base damage 14-18 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Gargish Talwar, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Stone War Sword, Base damage 15-19 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • Viking Sword, Base damage 15-19 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • Bardiche & Gargish Bardiche, Base damage 17-20 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • Halberd, Base damage 18-21 / Weapon Speed 4 seconds
  • Paladin Sword, Base damage 20-24 / Weapon Speed 5 seconds
Bows:

• Repeating Crossbow, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Magical Shortbow, Base damage 12-16 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Yumi, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Elven Composite Longbow, Base damage 15-19 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • Bow, Base damage 17-21 / Weapon Speed 4.25 seconds
  • Composite Bow, Base damage 16-20 / Weapon Speed 4.0 seconds
  • Crossbow, Base damage 18-22 / Weapon Speed 4.5 seconds
  • Heavy Crossbow, Base damage 20-24 / Weapon Speed 5 seconds
Throwing:

• Boomerang: Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Cyclone: Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Soul Glaive: Base damage 16-20 / Weapon Speed 4.0 seconds
Weapon Special Move Updates*

• Sai – Primary: Dual Wield / Secondary: Armor Pierce
  • Dagger – Primary: Shadow Strike / Secondary: Infection Strike
  • Tessen– Primary: Feint / Secondary: Dual Wield
  • Nunchaku– Primary: Block / Secondary: Double Strike
  • Club – Primary: Crushing Blow / Secondary: Dismount
  • Gnarled Staff– Primary: Concussion / Secondary: Force of Nature
  • Maul - Primary: Double Strike / Secondary: Concussion
  • War Mace - Primary: Crushing Blow / Secondary: Mortal Strike
  • Skinning Knife - Primary: Shadow Strike / Secondary: Bleed
  • Daisho - Primary: Feint / Secondary: Doublestrike
  • Leafblade - Primary: Feint / Secondary: Armor Ignore
Weapon Special Move Mana Cost Changes

• Block mana cost decreased from 30 to 20.
  • Crushing Blow mana cost decrease from 25 to 20.
  • Concussion mana cost decreased from 25 to 20.
  • Dual Wield mana cost decreased from 30 to 20.
  • Defense Mastery mana cost decreased from 30 to 20.
  • Double Shot mana cost increased from 30 to 35.
  • Force Arrow mana cost increased from 15 to 20.
  • Force of Nature mana cost decreased from 40 to 35.
  • Frenzied Whirlwind mana cost decreased from 30 to 20.
  • Infectious Strike mana cost increased from 15 to 20.
  • Moving Shot mana cost increased from 15 to 20.
  • Mystic Arc mana cost decreased from 25 to 20.
  • Serpent Arrow mana cost decreased from 40 to 25.
  • Shadow Strike mana cost decreased from 30 to 20.
  • Talon Strike mana cost decreased from 30 to 20.
  • Riding Swipe mana cost decreased from 30 to 25.
  • Bladeweave mana cost decreased from 30 to 15.
Classic Client

• Character status window now displays maximum resistance values, lower mana cost, defense chance increase, hit chance increase, weapon damage increase, swing speed increase, spell damage increase, faster casting, faster casting recovery, and lower reagent cost.

Publish 81 changes (Origin and Izumo only)

• Mortal Strike, now grants an eight second effect reduction once removed by non consumables and talisman items. The next Mortal Strike duration will be scaled based on when they were reapplied in the eight second window.
Armor Refinement

• Reinforced - Increase max individual resist while lowering max defense chance increase by one.
  • Deflecting - Decrease max individual resist while increasing max defense chance increase by one.
Continue reading...
We have made some adjustments to our west coast servers as of this morning. Please let us know if you are still experiencing bad lag issues on those shards.
Still pretty bad for me at least:
Napa Valley Shard 2-23-13 10:00pm PST

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Jim>tracert 54.241.138.28

Tracing route to ec2-54-241-138-28.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com [54.241.138.2
8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms L100.LSANCA-VFTTP-111.verizon-gni.net [98.119.15
5.1]
3 17 ms 11 ms 19 ms G0-10-1-0.LSANCA-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.
138.64]
4 9 ms 9 ms 8 ms ae2-0.LAX01-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.209.
254]
5 26 ms 22 ms 31 ms 0.so-2-2-0.XL4.LAX15.ALTER.NET [152.63.10.121]
6 21 ms 25 ms 18 ms TenGigE0-5-4-0.GW4.LAX15.ALTER.NET [152.63.115.2
46]
7 16 ms 9 ms 18 ms teliasonera-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.21.42
]
8 27 ms 29 ms 27 ms sjo-bb1-link.telia.net [213.155.135.189]
9 36 ms 21 ms 28 ms a100us-ic-151265-sjo-bb1.c.telia.net [80.239.128
.134]
10 30 ms 28 ms 28 ms 205.251.229.163
11 160 ms 151 ms 147 ms 205.251.229.233
12 149 ms 148 ms 154 ms ec2-54-241-138-28.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.co
m [54.241.138.28]

Trace complete.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well described and broken down. The fact that this system change went live is insane. I use that word in a clinical sense, as in, the person behind this system, and those who supported him are insane, mentally unwell, etc. This type of complication is wonderful for tax law and home owner associations, but not so much for a game that people pay to play for fun.

While insane might be a little on the harsh side, I agree 100% that this system is too much for me and I haven't even read through everything necessary to get the total picture. Count me out. I realize there are many types of people out there, including people who do taxes for fun, accountants who love their job, people that have genuine joy for actuary tables and the like - more power to them - they'll love this. I, alas, don't even balance my checkbook, I hire an accountant to do my taxes and I definitely spend my time in much less statistic oriented ways when I want to have fun. ;)

The way I look at it is that UO is a game for everyone, of all types and I'm honestly ok with this publish since UO is for all types of mindsets, even ones COMPLETELY different from mine. As long as it hasn't interfered with my ability to play the game it doesn't bother me. Of course, I'm not the type of player who needs an uber suit! *Thank heavens!!!!!!!!!*.

-P.E.