• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81 Comes to Origin and Izumo

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I just post as I read them.
Ok. Well, at least your honest about it I guess.

My response was in reference to the 75 resists 20 dci, he was trying to make the point that rolling around with 75 resists and 20 dci was an advantage against a mage. Sure, but who in their right mind is going to roll around with 20 dci?

Someone rolling around with 70 Dci is more likely even though they have 65 resists.

I guess I don't subscribe to the idea just to wait and see the end result and hope for the best. Especially without reasoning or an explanation when bringing up a valid concern or point.

If they would address the justification I imagine I'd be more satisfied, but few Devs ever address PVP directly.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. Well, at least your honest about it I guess.

My response was in reference to the 75 resists 20 dci, he was trying to make the point that rolling around with 75 resists and 20 dci was an advantage against a mage. Sure, but who in their right mind is going to roll around with 20 dci?

Someone rolling around with 70 Dci is more likely even though they have 65 resists.

I guess I don't subscribe to the idea just to wait and see the end result and hope for the best. Especially without reasoning or an explanation when bringing up a valid concern or point.

If they would address the justification I imagine I'd be more satisfied, but few Devs ever address PVP directly.
I read it all hence, I occasionally just jump the gun, especially if I had just checked the post recently, and didn't expect 10 new posts since I had last looked. *shrug*

Personally my guess is the number of people who will run around with 20DCI and 75 results is about the same number as will roll around with 70DCI and 65 Resists. A person with 75 Resists and 20DCI is just as vulnerable to a warrior as someone with 65 resists and 70DCI is to a mage. Either choice is at best extremely risky.

What I personally would do is if I were running around and I ran into someone I couldn't hit for the life of me, I would simply get on chat and alert people of it.

Clearly the idea behind it was to give people more options, for good or bad. And like it or not I fear we will just have to let the chips fall as they may at this point.

I do really agree though the communication in this publish was flat out horrible.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh?

1) Most pvpers are currently not all 70's imo. On all different templates.

2) Even assuming everyone was all 70's(and no way they all were)the small amount of extra damage at 65 is nothing when the huge amount of extra whiffs are factored in. Damage over time calculations would quite easily prove this out imo.

I think the DCI change is going to be a huge nerf to warriors fighting mages.

But I just have not had the patience or inclination to sort through everything so I will just keep playing and hope I am wrong :)
1) Any PvPer that's not rocking all 70's in a FULLY imbued suit is a newbie. Now if they have a GOOD reason (Clean legendary arties / 6 Mod Eater pc's that you cannot make etc) then presumably what they gain outweighs the loss in Resist

2) If you assume NO HLD... 45 HCI vs 70% DCI = The DCI guy will be hit 40% of the time. I'm again going to assume that the hit ratio was 50 / 50 before pub 81 so effectively it's a 20% Reduction in your chance to hit. (0.8 x 50 = 40) 65% Resist instead of 70% Resist is an increase of 16.6 % Damage (If base dmg is 100 w/ 70 resist you take 30 with 65 Resist you take 35. 35/ 30 = 1.166) So Basically YEA your Damage per Second will decrease but honestly if you PvP you KNOW everyone isn't rocking the highest DPS weapons. It's all about SPIKING enough dmg to kill someone & LOWERING your resist makes Spiking a combo (weapons / spells / whatever) up to say 150 HP for example that much EASIER. There's a reason they capped AI's at 35 dmg & it's bc 2 hit kills were lamesauce. Well, the same analogy works with 3, 4, 5, 6 hits kills etc. The less shots it takes to kill em the better! For a dexxer winning usually comes down to when the Random Generator favors you with a string of hits & thus allows you to dump an insane amount of dmg.... sure that combo will be less likely, but the extra dmg your doing almost off sets it. A MAGE on the other hand who cursed 65 resist down to 55 should EAT that person if they know what they doing.....

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Any PvPer that's not rocking all 70's in a FULLY imbued suit is a newbie. Now if they have a GOOD reason (Clean legendary arties / 6 Mod Eater pc's that you cannot make etc) then presumably what they gain outweighs the loss in Resist

2) If you assume NO HLD... 45 HCI vs 70% DCI = The DCI guy will be hit 40% of the time. I'm again going to assume that the hit ratio was 50 / 50 before pub 81 so effectively it's a 20% Reduction in your chance to hit. (0.8 x 50 = 40) 65% Resist instead of 70% Resist is an increase of 16.6 % Damage (If base dmg is 100 w/ 70 resist you take 30 with 65 Resist you take 35. 35/ 30 = 1.166) So Basically YEA your Damage per Second will decrease but honestly if you PvP you KNOW everyone isn't rocking the highest DPS weapons. It's all about SPIKING enough dmg to kill someone & LOWERING your resist makes Spiking a combo (weapons / spells / whatever) up to say 150 HP for example that much EASIER. There's a reason they capped AI's at 35 dmg & it's bc 2 hit kills were lamesauce. Well, the same analogy works with 3, 4, 5, 6 hits kills etc. The less shots it takes to kill em the better! For a dexxer winning usually comes down to when the Random Generator favors you with a string of hits & thus allows you to dump an insane amount of dmg.... sure that combo will be less likely, but the extra dmg your doing almost off sets it. A MAGE on the other hand who cursed 65 resist down to 55 should EAT that person if they know what they doing.....
45 HCI vs 70 DCI is 32% assuming they're both 120 skill.

But the common theory is, oh they're not going to use it.

Why are we subscribing to the idea its ok for either extreme?

29 DCI after HLD or 55 Resists after curse. This sucks either way you look at it, but hey as long as it gives trammel a boost lets push it through.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Again.

1) Not all good pvpers were/are all 70's for a variety of reasons. Right or wrong it is just a fact.

2) Not everyone imbued every piece. Some peeps simply reforged desired mods and did not want to imbue. Most of the absolute best pieces around today are reforged and not imbued. Whats your point again about rocking FULLY imbued?

3) In your own words warrior "Damage per Second will decrease" in the DCI scenarios we are talking about.
Talk about spiking and burst all you want but anything that reduces average damage is a GIGANTIC nerf any way you slice it.

4) If a warrior hits less he disrupts less. If he disrupts less and does less damge(in your own words)he dies

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woah woah... are you telling me that each item is SPECIFIC to a type of armor not just an material type??? If so no one will ever use this system ever. That is one horrrrrrible design choice! Do they not realize that we have limited storage space?!

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong somehow!
I already asked about this on Sunday: http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-publish-81-updated-on-tc1.297486/page-5#post-2259935 .

You'll have 40 types of stealable components for tailoring and 40 types of threads that you made out of those components. You'll have 20 types of stealable components for carpentry/masonry and 20 types of resin made from those. And for blacksmithing, there will be 60 types of stealable components and 60 kinds of plating made from them. None of these 240 items will stack with each other, so when you get multiples, you just keep using up more storage. You won't be able to deed up the components you've collected and don't need if you want to sell them. You'll have to sell each item individually. The only things in the refinement system that stack are the braid for making threads, the alloy for making plating, and the flasks for making resins. That's it.

Here's what the few non-stacking stolen/lootable refinement components I've got on Origin so far look like (found another one in the bank that I missed), as well as the stackable materials you have to buy from NPCs. (You use 20 of those per thread/plating/resin you make and they cost 50 gp each. Don't know if they'll cost 150 gp each on Siege or not.) I haven't turned anything into thread, resin, or plating yet on Origin.

stolen refinement components and purchased materials.jpg

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Refinement's PvP implications are far harder to effectively theorize or explain, as each player's experience in pvp is unique. Cetric's comments are not entirely wrong, but neither are Berethrain's, there are many situations where both views can be pictured with varying degrees of accuracy. Refinements definately affect dexxers more so than mages, I do believe that will almost always be the case based on a dexxers reliance on chance to do damage. It will only be a matter of time before the majority of pvpers decide how Refinements will effect the PvP metagame, and we all see if it will be a positive experience or a negative one soon enough. I have my own ideas and theories in this case.
I think this is well said. I have stated many times before and support Ber's view on the imbalance of 70 DCI vs 45 HCI. I also agree with Goldberg's view of mages vs dexxers. Time will tell and if there are major imbalances nerfs will come and whining will occur by those who benefitted.

I'm not sure that the refinement components are going to drop in sufficiently large quantities and for the armor styles and in the intensities desired for refining to really have a huge impact right away.
You have been going to bed early - Lets get some materials tonight :) Looks like there is no way I can gather theses things solo either?

-Lore Player

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already asked about this on Sunday: http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-publish-81-updated-on-tc1.297486/page-5#post-2259935 .

You'll have 40 types of stealable components for tailoring and 40 types of threads that you made out of those components. You'll have 20 types of stealable components for carpentry/masonry and 20 types of resin made from those. And for blacksmithing, there will be 60 types of stealable components and 60 kinds of plating made from them. None of these 240 items will stack with each other, so when you get multiples, you just keep using up more storage. You won't be able to deed up the components you've collected and don't need if you want to sell them. You'll have to sell each item individually. The only things in the refinement system that stack are the braid for making threads, the alloy for making plating, and the flasks for making resins. That's it.

Here's what the few non-stacking stolen/lootable refinement components I've got on Origin so far look like (found another one in the bank that I missed), as well as the stackable materials you have to buy from NPCs. (You use 20 of those per thread/plating/resin you make and they cost 50 gp each. Don't know if they'll cost 150 gp each on Siege or not.) I haven't turned anything into thread, resin, or plating yet on Origin.

View attachment 13761
So what you are saying is that if you have an 18x18 you would have to dedicate over 7% of your TOTAL storage to these items... THAT IS IF THEY STACKED!!!. Man, I thought it was bad when I thought it was just for material types. This is literally 40 times worse, and somehow, in some impossible universe, a billion years from anything that could resemble reason... like types don't stack. For christ's sweet sake, this is probably THE most moronic design decision that this game has ever seen.

Just imagine how long it could take you to make a single suit! You have a 1 in 120 shot to get the item you need... and you need 5 of them. You could be crate humping for weeks. And since they don't stack, you can't store them up to trade or sell unless you have a whole friggin house dedicated to it!

Well I don't think anyone has to worry about these items effecting pvp one way or another. No one will ever use them.

I mean I am SURE these will eventually be stackable, but even then that is an absurd amount of new items. Honestly This whole idea could have boiled down to at MOST 15 new items, and have almost exactly the same effect. One item for each material type (Wash, Plating, Varnish), with 5 strengths. Done. If you wanted to get real minimalist you could cut out the power levels and leave it at 3. Sheesh.

Just... just what are they thinking. I seriously don't understand what the argument FOR this nonsense could possibly be.

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
45 HCI vs 70 DCI is 32% assuming they're both 120 skill.
Hmm where is that 32% number coming from? I just used the stratics combat calculator but it doesn't like DCI over 45% so I was reasonably certain that HCI & DCI basically cancel each other out and that 0 HCI vs 25% DCI was the same as 45% HCI vs 70% DCI. Anyway I just put it in excel & 45% HCI vs 70% DCI appears to be more like 42% chance to hit the DCI guy. I could have messed up but if so pls show me where...

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again.

2) Not everyone imbued every piece. Some peeps simply reforged desired mods and did not want to imbue. Most of the absolute best pieces around today are reforged and not imbued. Whats your point again about rocking FULLY imbued?

My point that I was trying to make was exactly what you stated about the best pieces being 6 Mod powerful reforges or clean-ish shame drops. These days you should at the very least be using an all imbued suit that's all 70's & if your not that should ONLY be because your using some other CRAZY pieces that make a few lost resists still worth using them.

3) In your own words warrior "Damage per Second will decrease" in the DCI scenarios we are talking about.
Talk about spiking and burst all you want but anything that reduces average damage is a GIGANTIC nerf any way you slice it.

LoL..... So if I was a DEV and decreased all warrior DPS by say 50% but gave them a 10% to do a CRITICAL for say 80 damage that would be a nerf eh? DPS isn't that important. DPS is nice yes..... If you can honestly get your DPS above someone's ability to heal your in good shape but HPS (Healling per sec) is WAY higher usually. It's not who did the most damage over a 10 min fight that wins, but who did say 150 dmg in a burst... I could do 10x dmg that someone else did in a fight & still lose the fight...

4) If a warrior hits less he disrupts less. If he disrupts less and does less damge(in your own words)he dies
In my words... I said "So Basically YEA your Damage per Second will decrease but" You can have lower DPS & still do more Damage per Hit. Anyway you never answered my question for awhile ago. Are you the same Goldberg that played on Sonoma? SCAM guild?

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what you are saying is that if you have an 18x18 you would have to dedicate over 7% of your TOTAL storage to these items... THAT IS IF THEY STACKED!!!. Man, I thought it was bad when I thought it was just for material types. This is literally 40 times worse, and somehow, in some impossible universe, a billion years from anything that could resemble reason... like types don't stack. For christ's sweet sake, this is probably THE most moronic design decision that this game has ever seen.
I told them this directly on test server and they replied "Well we thought of making them stackable but we have reasons not to make them" (not clarifying what those reasons are).

I'm telling you, these people don't seem to have any game designer on the team. Someone just piled up some bad ideas, they started building it, when the poop was flung in from they players they took off a few of the most offensive things (remember that manaphasing and swingspeed reduction bull we had in the beginning? how the hell can anyone in their right mind come up with that? And remember them ****ing up the daisho and leafblade for no reason?), but left the overall core 'vision' standing even though that was the problem to begin with. When I saw them testing on test server, I saw them testing cases of suits that would never be worn by anyone on the live server... Up until the last 3 days, they kept to 95% DCI no matter what the community told them since day 1, and then we had an emergency update right before release to bring this back to 70% and the whole thing is rushed out of the door... just because 70% magically feels good or something, not because it is based on any actual testing or maths.

While we screamed about the next most offensive thing (95% DCI) everyone forgot about all the other problems, such as mage armor, the non-stacking nature of the items, (yellow) dragons scales (lol?), material rebalance not being cool, the re-made weapon special moves still sucking, etc etc etc.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I told them this directly on test server and they replied "Well we thought of making them stackable but we have reasons not to make them" (not clarifying what those reasons are).
If this is indeed true...

I'm telling you, these people don't seem to have any game designer on the team.
Then you are absolutely correct. It takes like 20 seconds of imagining the situation in a live setting to realize how terrible not letting them stack would be. Thats ignoring the fact that even without stacking there are 240 new items to keep track of.

Mystifying.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
General question about refinements...how often are they dropping? I tried a champ spawn for awhile on Origin but didn't have any luck. How are people getting them? I don't have a good thief or tmapper on Origin so I can't try a lot.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But the common theory is, oh they're not going to use it.

Why are we subscribing to the idea its ok for either extreme?
Because UO isn't about 1v1 specific template vs. specific template. If you want that, Mortal Combat or street fighter might be the game for you.

Its been mentioned several tiems that by overbuffing yoruself against a dexer leaves you vulnerable against a mage, and vice versa. There really isn't much more to it than that. Keep in mind - You will see people experiment with lower DCI cap boosts, but i severely doubt you will see the extreme cap.

Berethrain, if it puts your mind at ease, the first three new templates/suits im building with the publish are new melee chars. As someone that pvps a lot and is very detail oriented, i am not worried about this.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just imagine how long it could take you to make a single suit! You have a 1 in 120 shot to get the item you need... and you need 5 of them. You could be crate humping for weeks. And since they don't stack, you can't store them up to trade or sell unless you have a whole friggin house dedicated to it!

Well I don't think anyone has to worry about these items effecting pvp one way or another. No one will ever use them.

I mean I am SURE these will eventually be stackable, but even then that is an absurd amount of new items. Honestly This whole idea could have boiled down to at MOST 15 new items, and have almost exactly the same effect. One item for each material type (Wash, Plating, Varnish), with 5 strengths. Done. If you wanted to get real minimalist you could cut out the power levels and leave it at 3. Sheesh.

Just... just what are they thinking. I seriously don't understand what the argument FOR this nonsense could possibly be.
Yeah its just dumb, they fixed most of the issues with refinements now they just need to reduce the amount of crap you need to make them and make it all stackable! Otherwise yeah it will be too much of a pain to bother with.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because UO isn't about 1v1 specific template vs. specific template. If you want that, Mortal Combat or street fighter might be the game for you.

Its been mentioned several tiems that by overbuffing yoruself against a dexer leaves you vulnerable against a mage, and vice versa. There really isn't much more to it than that. Keep in mind - You will see people experiment with lower DCI cap boosts, but i severely doubt you will see the extreme cap.

Berethrain, if it puts your mind at ease, the first three new templates/suits im building with the publish are new melee chars. As someone that pvps a lot and is very detail oriented, i am not worried about this.
Yep and as another pvper I agree with you! No pvper in their right mind is going to go with either extreme of refinements in this case. Both might make you extra strong against one type of character but they also make you extra weak against another! Someone running 70 dci might really enjoy it fighting dexxers but the moment a mage comes along they are going to be hurting!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm where is that 32% number coming from? I just used the stratics combat calculator but it doesn't like DCI over 45% so I was reasonably certain that HCI & DCI basically cancel each other out and that 0 HCI vs 25% DCI was the same as 45% HCI vs 70% DCI. Anyway I just put it in excel & 45% HCI vs 70% DCI appears to be more like 42% chance to hit the DCI guy. I could have messed up but if so pls show me where...

Just redid the formula in my excel spreadsheet to match % in a different set of numbers with the stratics calc, and you're right it is a percentage instead of a whole number.

So it is 42%, not 32%, which seems more palatable.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

PVP should be about balance. Not big advantages over either template.

Didn't you say your first three melee templates were for sampires etc for pvm? That doesn't relate because refinement does not affect RNG in pvm.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PVP should be about balance. Not big advantages over either template.

Didn't you say your first three melee templates were for sampires etc for pvm? That doesn't relate because refinement does not affect RNG in pvm.
I don't pvm very often..., they are melee templates for pvp

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
General question about refinements...how often are they dropping? I tried a champ spawn for awhile on Origin but didn't have any luck. How are people getting them? I don't have a good thief or tmapper on Origin so I can't try a lot.
The notes say they come from champ spawn bosses. I there's no way I can solo a champ spawn on Origin. Haven't made it to the Abyss yet to find out if they drop on the renowned's that spawn at the end of a mini champ spawn.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There never seems to be a lot of information coming out of Origin before the rest of us get a publish. I guess we will find out what the drop rate is like in the first few days of refinements on all shards. I've been hanging out with Grizelda for maps, picked up fishing and got some mibs and been busy hacking away at massive globs of ancient bird poo for gunpowder. I'll soon find out what the drop rate is like when it comes to my shard.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only had time to do 2 of the Abyss mini champ spawns on Origin and neither one had refinement components on the corpse of the renowned. That's not really a conclusive test, but I wasn't really expecting to see anything on them either.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why the hell put them on Bosses!!! Origin has enough porblems with keepinga working shard now they want so few to do what?
Yes Yes I know this is just for making it hell to get any....
Tina you have done alot... thank you
btw the items you showed are they off critters or stealables off in the dungeons?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Tina: I'd be willing to help out on any spawns you do this weekend. Hit me up at 199889122

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just redid the formula in my excel spreadsheet to match % in a different set of numbers with the stratics calc, and you're right it is a percentage instead of a whole number.

So it is 42%, not 32%, which seems more palatable.

Thanks.
Your Welcome... I'm guessing that the difference I'm seeing between the stratics calculator & excel is probably just some rounding that isn't listed in in the posted stratics formula. I think "Bleak_Mythic Likes This' is enough of an endorsement to just use the excel sheet though... = )

So basically a 16% decrease ( 42 / 50 = 0.84 where 50 / 50 would be 1 so 16%) in 45% HCI hitting 70% DCI but the drop in resist of 70-->65 increases damage by the same 16% (over all no DPS change) You'll just wiff more & hit harder when you do.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
havent really seen much on this but, how do ya get 5 refined armor pieces on gargys? they only have 4 armor style slots then necklace and earrings (medable so no refine)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
havent really seen much on this but, how do ya get 5 refined armor pieces on gargys? they only have 4 armor style slots then necklace and earrings (medable so no refine)

Necklace and Earings counts as armor for gargoyles.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your Welcome... I'm guessing that the difference I'm seeing between the stratics calculator & excel is probably just some rounding that isn't listed in in the posted stratics formula. I think "Bleak_Mythic Likes This' is enough of an endorsement to just use the excel sheet though... = )

So basically a 16% decrease ( 42 / 50 = 0.84 where 50 / 50 would be 1 so 16%) in 45% HCI hitting 70% DCI but the drop in resist of 70-->65 increases damage by the same 16% (over all no DPS change) You'll just wiff more & hit harder when you do.
Yeah there is slight rounding in theirs but only give or take 1%. The calc i had did not have DCI/HCI as a percentage, just a whole number.

WHen changed it matched correctly, even though it is still an 8 percent drop.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just spent a good amount of time testing only 65 dci with parry and literally no dexer could touch me even after HLD. At best they were hitting me 1 out of 5.

Looks like 4/6 chiv is making a comeback.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just spent a good amount of time testing only 65 dci with parry and literally no dexer could touch me even after HLD. At best they were hitting me 1 out of 5.

Looks like 4/6 chiv is making a comeback.
I found similiar results to what Ber is reporting closer to 1-4 then add in a 30-35% parry but if you asked me I'd say the normal hit percentage is in the low 40's not 50%. I saw the formula and if that's it, that's it but whenever I do testing I rarely hit 5-6 times out of 10 and its conssitently 4-5 times.

-Lore's Player

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found similiar results to what Ber is reporting closer to 1-4 then add in a 30-35% parry but if you asked me I'd say the normal hit percentage is in the low 40's not 50%. I saw the formula and if that's it, that's it but whenever I do testing I rarely hit 5-6 times out of 10 and its conssitently 4-5 times.

-Lore's Player
Yeah that high dci will be rough against dexxers you won't like it so much fighting a mage I bet though! In pvp you want to be balanced against both type of classes.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah that high dci will be rough against dexxers you won't like it so much fighting a mage I bet though! In pvp you want to be balanced against both type of classes.
Dont know, give yourself mana with a 4/6 curse isn't an issue and I won't mind rolling around with 65 resists in this case.

I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Though with studded armor, my stamina barely moved when i was hit.

Last edited:

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, when I read the bit about them not stacking I assumed they bound whether the ultimate refinement would jump up a level to that first drop rather then determining it at the combination time of the materials. It's possible they've given the resource a seed value which goes into determining if it will give a bump at combine or apply time too.

...You'll have 40 types of stealable components for tailoring and 40 types of threads that you made out of those components. You'll have 20 types of stealable components for carpentry/masonry and 20 types of resin made from those. And for blacksmithing, there will be 60 types of stealable components and 60 kinds of plating made from them. None of these 240 items will stack with each other...
How do these stealable components and threads work out? Is there a distinct stealable component for each piece of armor (1 for plate gorget, 1 for plate arms, etc) at each of the levels?

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do these stealable components and threads work out? Is there a distinct stealable component for each piece of armor (1 for plate gorget, 1 for plate arms, etc) at each of the levels?
No, it's per Armor Type.

So you can have an "Varnish of Invulnerability[Woodland Armor]", which when combined with 20 Solvent Flasks turns into an "Deflecting Resing of Invulnerability [Woodland Armor]" or something, and a "Polish of Hardening [Chainmail Armor]" which turns into a "Reinforced Plating of Hardening [Chainmail Armor]" once you use 20 mallable alloy on it. Or something of that nature, don't remember the exact naming conventions with so many different types and properties.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Woah woah... are you telling me that each item is SPECIFIC to a type of armor not just an material type??? If so no one will ever use this system ever. That is one horrrrrrible design choice! Do they not realize that we have limited storage space?!

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong somehow!
Told you so... But you were too busy telling me I'm so full of XXXX and to just not use it..... because we don't need it. Now... if I'm any bit of crafter I now need to keep another 500 in storage just for this crap because you guessed it...... XXXT don't STACK!

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont know, give yourself mana with a 4/6 curse isn't an issue and I won't mind rolling around with 65 resists in this case.

I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Though with studded armor, my stamina barely moved when i was hit.
Yeah I guess we will see I still think that going to the extreme in either way will not be a good thing in pvp.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to still wondering about whether or not Mage Armor still has a weight for imbuing purposes (should be zero, according to the publish notes, and I think it still takes up a slot), I am also still wondering if the lootable/stealable refinement components with a level of Hardening or Fortification are still making only plating/thread/resin at the Invulnerability level. They were buggy that way on Test and I haven't yet gotten any stealable components on Origin other than Defense or Protection (which I haven't yet tried to turn into plating, thread or resin). I hope these two bugs are being fixed because I have a feeling this will probably go live to the other shards with tomorrow's maintenance.

The City Election stuff's pretty much moot at this point, as the next election period is about 80 days away still. The Armor Inherent LMC totals seemed to be adding up correctly on various types of nonmeddable armor. Refinement components are spawning in some Fel shops, except that carpentry components seem to be exceptionally rare. Resist totals using enhanced materials seem to be correct. Was able to pay 250k to remove mage armor from exceptional samurai platemail. Mage Armor property no longer shows on imbuing gump. Balanced property shows on imbuing gump for 2-handed weapons. Imbuing caps increased for 2-handed weapons and bows. Noticed fewer characters on friends list of the house because other characters from the same accounts are co-owners. Noticed the better chance to smelt if your blacksmith has no mining skill.

Haven't had a chance to personally test any of the following other changes on Origin or Test, so hopefully other people who have will be speaking up soon if they are seeing problems:
  • Armor Stamina Loss protection
  • Spawning of armor refinement components in treasure and MIB chests, on pirate and merchant ships, and on champ spawn bosses.
  • Application of armor refinement components to actual pieces of armor on Origin. Seemed to work on Test okay. The runes marked in some of the armor bonus regions don't all say that's where you are when you mark the rune, but don't know if that's an issue or not, as long as you can still do the refining there (not tested on Origin).
  • Is the application of resist bonuses spread out as noted in the publish notes?
  • Is the addition/removal of mage armor property working properly on all the items it should work on?
  • Is dragon scale reforging working properly?
  • Looting rights threshhold lowered for all mobs. Has anyone tested this with a group of other players?
  • Gargoyle HCI cap lowered to 45.
  • HLD scaling.
  • Ninjitsu special moves ignore over capped DCI
  • Animal form interruptable while casting and FC no longer affects animal form
  • Throwing sweet spot hit chance and damage reduction penalties
  • Evil omen reduces stone form immunity by 30
  • Total refresh pots converted to greater refresh pots, no more cool downs on refresh potions
  • Hit stamina leech now subject to diminishing returns based on max player stamina
  • Cleansing winds changes
  • Divine Fury stamina regen reduction
  • Can't immediately remount after using Riding Swipe, nor can attacker or defender immediately use animal form after riding swipe is used
  • Vendor changes
  • Change to allow you to ignore trade offers (I see it on the context menu but haven't tested it yet)
  • Pets go to safe place if they're out in the world after maintenance starts or if a revert happened
  • Demonic jailer in Wrong destroys items in his path
  • New dyes in cleanup system

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looting rights threshhold lowered for all mobs. Has anyone tested this with a group of other players?
Well I'd like to test that but the only time I never get looting rights is at EM events..... and I'm not doing those anymore.... I can't test that. Don't think it'll change the way the drop system is MAJORLY broken anyway.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Told you so... But you were too busy telling me I'm so full of XXXX and to just not use it..... because we don't need it. Now... if I'm any bit of crafter I now need to keep another 500 in storage just for this crap because you guessed it...... XXXT don't STACK!
Well I admit, I was confused about this bit. See I thought it was for every material, not every type. Like I assumed that it was just each of the 6 different items in 5 strengths (for like 60 new items), which is, I agree, and did agree before, an unnecessary lot of stuff, but this. Its 4 times worse.

So I'm sorry I misunderstood, and I never said you were "full of xxx"!

Still, after getting over being shocked by how horrible a design choice this is (I mean... really, really, horrible) I stand by what I said more than ever. No one will use this system. People will start looking for the bits, realize its really hard to find what you are looking for, realize the items don't stack, so you can't stockpile, and give up. Only crazy people would bother.

I gotta say though, design this ugly kinda makes me want to quit. Not because the system is going to have any kind of effect on me, but with whoever came up with this idea designing for the game I think its probably doomed. It's really that bad.

Also! Why does my text keep randomly getting tiny?!

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has absolutely nothing to do with the Publish 81 notes, but I'm going to post it anyway. Just pulled this as a piece of loot in Shame on Origin. I thought some people could use the reassurance that "elemental" weapons should indeed still spawn there after this publish goes in.

100 fire shame weapon.jpg

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just confirmed a post made by LadY Storm earlier today. All the addons in my keep held by a 1-2 year old account had to be reset to co-owners for them to be accessed by the characters on my other accounts that placed them.

This includes the trees, ore carts and treasure map table (forgot name).

StonewallGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The notes say they come from champ spawn bosses. I there's no way I can solo a champ spawn on Origin. Haven't made it to the Abyss yet to find out if they drop on the renowned's that spawn at the end of a mini champ spawn.
For what it's worth I did a baracoon spawn at Humility on Origin and did not get any refinements. All that tells me is that there is not a 100% chance at getting a drop from a champion spawn boss.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did some checking on the Mage Armor issue that Tina brought forth.

had 2 mempo's
1 had mage armor on it
1 Tina had the NPC take it off.

took both of them and put up the imbuing gump and went to put 100 LRC onto them (which carries a weight of 100)

the one with the mage armor on it showed
2/5
100/500
105.4%

the one with the mage armor removed showed
1/5
100/500
179.3%

so Tina was right, by taking off the Mage Armor your chance at imbuing still is effected by the invisible mage armor that was there.
so not only is it still blocking 1 of the 5 slots (which is as they said it would) it is still counted against the success % like its weight was still there.

so they literally just took off the weight of it, nothing else.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Tina, I missed that bit. Shoot. Well, the easiest thing to do is a Rat spawn, but there's no way I would farm spawns just for a % chance when I could do something easier like steal from towns at 100%. Am I right in thinking they spawn in the gold strong boxes? I stole a slab of bacon the other day then had to call it a night to sleep ;D.

There never seems to be a lot of information coming out of Origin before the rest of us get a publish. I guess we will find out what the drop rate is like in the first few days of refinements on all shards. I've been hanging out with Grizelda for maps, picked up fishing and got some mibs and been busy hacking away at massive globs of ancient bird poo for gunpowder. I'll soon find out what the drop rate is like when it comes to my shard.
For Maps, also consider Doom. You get guaranteed maps drops off of the Guardian (lich) things. Just make sure you mark before you go in because often you try to run in and get teleported out. I go in w/ protection, invis, cast an EV, run, invis, cast an EV, profit. Cause I was lazy. The maps are also worth 100 turn-in points if you realize you don't have a Carto and so it doesn't matter that you have 110 magery and can Magery unlock the chest.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still wish that there had been a better discussion on the diminishing returns for Stamina leech. At least the math or something. I asked a few times but nothing came of it. I understand that I'm a thorn and it's easy to skip over thorny people but for the game the information would have been handy to have.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my words... I said "So Basically YEA your Damage per Second will decrease but" You can have lower DPS & still do more Damage per Hit. Anyway you never answered my question for awhile ago. Are you the same Goldberg that played on Sonoma? SCAM guild?
Sorry, never saw the question.

I never played Sonoma.

I am the original 'blessed longspear' Goldberg/STRIDER from when Chessy was created. My crafter is also well known as Goldberg Inc.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My one new character is also a dexxer post 81 and my sampire. Would be interested to hear what you've come up with so far.