• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81 Comes to Origin and Izumo

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so Tina was right, by taking off the Mage Armor your chance at imbuing still is effected by the invisible mage armor that was there.
so not only is it still blocking 1 of the 5 slots (which is as they said it would) it is still counted against the success % like its weight was still there.

so they literally just took off the weight of it, nothing else.
From my recent experiments on Test Center, this appears to have been fixed. After making some samurai platemail pieces and removing the mage armor property, I had 5 properties and a full 500 intensity to imbue.

It's great news for me, because I've been getting far more samurai platemail refinements than regular platemail.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be good news if true :)

Now we only need to be able to add mage armor (back) to whatever piece we want, and that not taking up imbuing slots either.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could go for that. Mage armor has the penalty of stamina damage, and I've picked up some nice pieces that I thought, oh, this would be perfect if only I could imbue it with mage armor.

atinycow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
A question no dev will ever go near:

Warriors don't want Mage Armor because it has no stamina protection or LMC bonus.
Mages don't want Mage Armor because it wastes a property slot compared to just using leather.

Why does Mage Armor still exist? It is now literally a property no one wants.

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A question no dev will ever go near:

Warriors don't want Mage Armor because it has no stamina protection or LMC bonus.
Mages don't want Mage Armor because it wastes a property slot compared to just using leather.

Why does Mage Armor still exist? It is now literally a property no one wants.
Only reason I could think of are artifacts with a shiny appearance.

Other than that, the whole mage armor 'solution' is pretty poorly thought out.