• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81 Comes to Origin and Izumo

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, I only tested these changes out in pvp because that is what affects me. The changes to the sampire are really not important so whether they got a nerf or boost it doesn't impact me at all.

I have to retest the changes made to the deflection plate/leather to see the overall gain from each piece. From the newer info if you're increasing 1 DCI piece of armor while loosing x amount of resists, the most you can get out of the 6 pieces is 6 DCI if you do all 6. Head, gorget, sleeves, gloves, tunic, and legs. (Using the lowest refinement)

Whether they changed the cap, I don't know.
it is not 1 per piece of armor, it is 1 per resist. It was previously two per resist. So if you dropped each of your resists down by 1 on a piece, your dci would go up by 5. If you did this on 5 pieces, your cap would be increased by 25 (70) while you resists would be 5 lesser for each (65/65/65/65/65)

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I've read all of the posts on this topic but I could have missed someone. Are we aware that refined armor negates the stone form resist cap boost? So in stone form on an elf I am 75/75/75/75/80. If I put on a piece of refined armor that gives me +5 DCI and -1/-1/-1/-1/-1 my caps become 69/69/69/69/79. If I put on a piece of refined armor that gives me -5 DCI and +1/+1/+1/+1/+1 my caps become 71/71/71/71/76.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I admit I'm a little confused on what was changed in todays Patch/Publish. After reading the announcement a few more times and logging on to my home shard (Legends) I see that the weapon speed/damage changes were put in, that the CC character sheet changes were (was told so by guildies on vent but I use EC so have already had that plus a whole lot more). The Origin publish only had one additional special move change and the addition of the new Armor Refinement system, but is that all that was changed? Did they not roll out the rest of the Armor changes (Stamina Loss, Mage Armor removal from Imbuing, etc)?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Confused as well a bit then.

Are the additional resist enhancements then in as well?

Sure wish a dev would look here and get the notes made clearer.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, the updated resists on armor are not live

the upgraded intens of bows and two handed weaps is not on either

*shrug*

not sure what is all live and what isn't

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confused as well a bit then.

Are the additional resist enhancements then in as well?

Sure wish a dev would look here and get the notes made clearer.
Yes, doubtlessly they should have done the note clearer.

However in the meanwhile: My reading of the notes was that the first batch of things, the ones labeled Publish 80, were going live immediately, and the next batch of things, the ones labeled Publish 81, were going live on Origin and Izumo. Tina Small appeared to confirm that the Japanese version of the Publish Notes conforms to my reading of the English Publish Notes. (Tina's post is in this very thread so you can see if I understood her correctly.)

The only things, therefore, that should be everywhere now are the weapon damage/speed changes and the status bar changes.

Everything else we've been hearing about, including the other weapon changes you mentioned in your other post, should be on Origin and Izumo and then live everyplace when Publish 81 goes live.

If those who can log in before I can can see the new status bar, then it's increasingly likely I was reading things correctly.

-Galen's player

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can confirm the weapon changes and the status bar change are live on production shards. Well, Great Lakes is the only one I know of but I don't see why it would be there and not anywhere else.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, doubtlessly they should have done the note clearer.

However in the meanwhile: My reading of the notes was that the first batch of things, the ones labeled Publish 80, were going live immediately, and the next batch of things, the ones labeled Publish 81, were going live on Origin and Izumo. Tina Small appeared to confirm that the Japanese version of the Publish Notes conforms to my reading of the English Publish Notes. (Tina's post is in this very thread so you can see if I understood her correctly.)

The only things, therefore, that should be everywhere now are the weapon damage/speed changes and the status bar changes.

Everything else we've been hearing about, including the other weapon changes you mentioned in your other post, should be on Origin and Izumo and then live everyplace when Publish 81 goes live.

If those who can log in before I can can see the new status bar, then it's increasingly likely I was reading things correctly.

-Galen's player
Refinement components are spawning in some of the Fel shops on Origin (haven't been able to check many shops yet though). The city stones are in place in the Trammel towns on Origin that will have elections come June. I'm not sure they are usable for anything yet. The one I clicked while using a character who has no town loyalty just told me elections happen in March, June, September, and December. The new status bar shows up in CC. Haven't had a chance to do much of anything else there yet other than a little bit of running around. Looked through Castle Blackthorn to see if there was anything noticeably new there and didn't see anything. Someone was doing a champ spawn somewhere, based on one utterance I heard in general chat. Haven't seen or heard chat from any other people around though, other than a guildmate who was carefully examining a new suit of heavy metal armor.

Last edited:

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just logged into Origin, rolled around for a few minutes in my old suit and didnt notice a difference.
i got a couple stray LMC points added onto my total but other then that i didnt notice any differences.
didnt notice any stamina loss either when fighting.
the new gump bar is handy.
can see everything at a glance now.
course its HUGE!
but handy.

i dont think ill worry about remaking any suits till i get to try some pvp maybe tonight and see if anything is different.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my DCI is over 45 so all it shows is 45/45
so im guessing when someone with HLD attacks me that will drop..... ??????
i have 30 HLD on my suit and it dosnt show anywhere, also have some on my weapon and it dosnt show anywhere.
the status bar shows your resists as XX/70
so you can see what your at and what your cap is, for refinement im guessing.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my DCI is over 45 so all it shows is 45/45
so im guessing when someone with HLD attacks me that will drop..... ??????
i have 30 HLD on my suit and it dosnt show anywhere, also have some on my weapon and it dosnt show anywhere.
Last Friday's publish notes say, "Hit lower defense now scales 35% of the player's Defense Chance Increase and remains -25 DCI versus non players. Hit lower defense now ignores over-capped DCI."

There's nothing in the announcement form yesterday that talks about HLD, so I'm assuming that what was in last Friday's notes is what we should be seeing in effect on Origin/Izumo today.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the updated resists on armor are not live

the upgraded intens of bows and two handed weaps is not on either

*shrug*

not sure what is all live and what isn't
Yeah man wtf. They are doing a realllllly terrible job with communication here and during this whole testing phase.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, everyone, for repeating this question, but I'm not sure the devs are still following the previous thread this was in.

Can we get confirmation from Kyronix or Bleak as to whether the cost to add or remove the Mage Armor property from nonmeddable armor on Siege and Mugen will be 750,000 gold (3 times normal price), or will it only be 250,000 gold as on the other shards?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, everyone, for repeating this question, but I'm not sure the devs are still following the previous thread this was in.

Can we get confirmation from Kyronix or Bleak as to whether the cost to add or remove the Mage Armor property from nonmeddable armor on Siege and Mugen will be 750,000 gold (3 times normal price), or will it only be 250,000 gold as on the other shards?
It's 250k on Siege.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This game's dev team turns over every couple years. I'm officially in "giving up, waiting and hoping the next batch are better" mode after this whole mess.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmed the following on Origin:
  • The ability to imbue Mage Armor is gone from the Imbuing gump on Origin.
  • The Convert Mage Armor option shows up on mage guildmaster/mistress gumps.
  • The "Balanced" option shows up for imbuing 2-handed weapons.
Here is what I saw for imbuing caps for various items:

• Crafted quarter staff or axe (2-handed weapons): 600
  • Looted crook (2-handed weapon): 550
  • Crafted or purchased bracelet: 500
  • Crafted armor: 500
  • Crafted boomerang or katana (1-handed weapons): 500
  • Crafted or purchased bow: 500
  • Looted bracelet: 500
  • Looted heavy crossbow or composite bow: 500
  • Crafted shield: 450
  • Looted 1-handed weapon: 450
  • Looted armor: 450
  • Looted shield: 400
Seems like there's something else I should check for an imbuing cap, but I can't think of what it is....

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • The Convert Mage Armor option shows up on mage guildmaster/mistress gumps.
  • The "Balanced" option shows up for imbuing 2-handed weapons.
Here is what I saw for imbuing caps for various items:

• Crafted quarter staff or axe (2-handed weapons): 600
  • Looted crook (2-handed weapon): 550
  • Crafted or purchased bracelet: 500
  • Crafted armor: 500
  • Crafted boomerang or katana (1-handed weapons): 500
  • Crafted or purchased bow: 500
  • Looted bracelet: 500
  • Looted heavy crossbow or composite bow: 500
  • Crafted shield: 450
  • Looted 1-handed weapon: 450
  • Looted armor: 450
  • Looted shield: 400
Seems like there's something else I should check for an imbuing cap, but I can't think of what it is....
Is that part about "Crafted or purchased bow - 500" Right? Crafted is supposed to be 550 - base 500

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for putting in the smelting change for blacksmiths that don't also have mining skill. It's nice to get back a decent amount of ingots from smelting trial/extra stuff, especially when I forget to use the salvage bag.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that part about "Crafted or purchased bow - 500" Right? Crafted is supposed to be 550 - base 500
I checked it a couple of times. Will make and buy more and check them again. Do they have to be exceptionally crafted? My fletcher's not that good yet.... Or do they need the "Balanced" property on them to get an increased cap. Don't have any bows handy with Balanced on them and no essence to waste making one on Origin, if so.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screen shots of gumps for the bows I checked on Origin (none are balanced):

Crafted bow - shows cap of 500.
crafted bow imbuing gump.jpg

Purchased repeating crossbow - shows cap of 500. (Interesting difference in the success chance vs. the bow above. Is it because of the difference in the durability? There was no change in her imbuing skill. It stayed locked at 0.)
purchased repeating crossbow imbuing gump.jpg

Looted composite bow - shows cap of 500.
looted composite bow imbuing gump.jpg

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Screen shots of gumps for the bows I checked on Origin (none are balanced):

Crafted bow - shows cap of 500.
View attachment 13724

Purchased repeating crossbow - shows cap of 500. (Interesting difference in the success chance vs. the bow above. Is it because of the difference in the durability? There was no change in her imbuing skill. It stayed locked at 0.)
View attachment 13725

Looted composite bow - shows cap of 500.
View attachment 13726
You know what i think it is? Your crafted bow isn't exceptional

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what i think it is? Your crafted bow isn't exceptional
Well, if I get time to work her skill up a bit and if no one else has posted about it by then, I'll check later with a crafted exceptional bow. I think her arms lore is only 85ish, but that shouldn't matter except for the actual success chance, right?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if I get time to work her skill up a bit and if no one else has posted about it by then, I'll check later with a crafted exceptional bow. I think her arms lore is only 85ish, but that shouldn't matter except for the actual success chance, right?
Correct. I am not able to test exceptional bows on Origin but on TC they were 550 imbuing weight when exceptional.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

• So wait, I can no longer craft a medable mage suit out of bone or plate for RP purposes, even if I want to expend the slot and the stupid amount of points to make it happen?!!?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

• So wait, I can no longer craft a medable mage suit out of bone or plate for RP purposes, even if I want to expend the slot and the stupid amount of points to make it happen?!!?
You can still make bone or plate medable, you just need to leave a slot open and "purchase" mage armor from a NPC Mage Guildmaster. So it takes zero imbuing weight but the piece you are putting it on can have no more than four mods.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You can still craft nonmeddable armor and add the Mage Armor property to the pieces. But you have to pay 250,000 per piece to a mage guildmaster/mistress to put the property on the armor. (Note that the Mage Armor property will still show up automatically on exceptionally crafted samurai platemail armor when it's made by your smith. Just confirmed it on Origin.)

This is how the information on this change reads in the publish notes from last Friday: "Mage armor has been removed from imbuing, reforging, and enhancing. Armor now can be converted to and from Mage Armor by paying a Mage guild master 250,000 gold. Applying mage armor is still subject to the armor not having more than four properties or not being an artifact. Mage Armor now has an imbuing weight of zero."

From my testing a few moments ago on Origin, it looks like the Mage Armor property on exceptionally crafted samurai platemail armor counts as a property but has no imbuing weight.

These shots show the freshly crafted samurai platemail mempo, no more Mage Armor option on the Imbuing gump, and what I see if I pick the option to imbue LRC.

crafting samurai platemail on origin.jpg no more mage armor imbuing property.jpg imbuing lrc on samurai platemail.jpg

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to keep filling up this thread with posts and screen shots, but thought this might be of interest to folks who use weapons that have the Bladeweave special move. I caught a glimpse of something come up as I was using the butcher's war cleaver in my tamer's backpack on Origin a few minutes ago and had to investigate further. Looks like there's a context menu for it now, because it has Bladeweave as its secondary special move. You can pick either Offensive Mode or Defensive Mode for it now and that must affect how it performs. The mode option seems to be a toggle. If you put it in Defensive Mode, you get a message "Defensive Mode enabled." Then when you check the context menu, the only available option is to pick Offensive Mode. If you do that, you get a message "Offensive Mode enabled," and so on. You can either be in war mode or not when you pick the mode and the weapon can be equipped or in your backpack (there's no context mode for it when it's not equipped or is located outside of your backpack).

I just checked on another shard (LA) and can't seem to get the context menu to come up on a BWC there, so this is probably just active on Origin, Izumo, and TC now. I don't have any characters that I'd feel comfortable testing it further with to see what you get with each of those modes, but maybe someone else might want to check it out further on those shards and report what happens with weapons that have Bladeweave.

bladeweave mode options.jpg

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have a couple 120 sword characters with Bladeweave weapons. I'll check it out...as soon as the client patches...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something was nagging at me on that option to remove the Mage Armor property and have it not take up any imbuing weight. Looking back at my earlier screen shots, it seemed like there should have been a much higher success chance for putting LRC on the samurai platemail mempo with Mage Armor property on it. So, I had my "moneybags" character spend the 250k gold to take the Mage Armor property off that crafted mempo to see what it would do to the imbuing process. Of course it made a big difference, which leads me to think that the publish notes are NOT accurate in saying that Mage Armor no longer has an imbuing weight. I understand it still taking up one of the 5 properties, but it seems to be still counting against you for imbuing weight too....

Sorry I'm so slow on the uptake on this one. And maybe this particular piece was wacky because it was crafted with Mage Armor on it. Unfortunately, I just don't have the gold on Origin to horse around with taking useless pieces of armor to the mage shop and dropping 250k each time to knock off or add Mage Armor property just to see how this turned out on Origin.

I'm hoping Kyronix or Bleak can clarify what it means when the publish notes say that the Mage Armor property "has an imbuing weight of zero." Maybe I'm just looking at this all wrong.

Okay, more screen shots.

Step 1: Imbuing gump when you take an exceptionally crafted samurai platemail mempo with Mage Armor property on it and pick the LRC option (an arbitrary choice just to see the piece's weight).

imbuing LRC on mage armor platemail mempo.jpg

Step 2: Having Ms. Moneybags ask the mage guildmaster to remove the Mage Armor property.

Removing Mage Armor Step 1.jpg Removing Mage Armor Step 2.jpg

Step 3: Looking at the imbuing gump again to see the effect of removing the Mage Armor property.

imbuing LRC on platemail mempo.jpg

I'm thinking that in step 1, what I should have seen instead of a 161% chance to imbue 1% LRC as a second property was a 290.4% chance to put it on as a second property (the same chance I had to put on 1% LRC on the same piece with no Mage Armor on it at all).

Does this make sense? Or am I just thoroughly confused now???

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS. suit building has already begun here, just need to enhance and imbue, but a base pieces have already been made (it sucks how many runics i burned through, getting mage armor that ended up in the trash, that wouldn't of happened if i was patient lol)
The one disadvantage of the new material bonuses is the percent chance of failure will be higher across the board. The net effect could be an increase of Origin purchases, or maybe just a lot of angry people who smash their faces into their keyboards.

Don't forget that some of your Trammel bank runes might need to be changed because of the newly placed city stones.
You do too much work. Mesanna should present you with something. :p

To make it clear, all shards get the Pub 80 changes after maintance and patching tomorrow.
Yep, that's how I read it.

Already got picked as lead game designer at another EA studio but decided not to go through with it. You are aware that they're not hiring people for the UO team eh, likely because UO is in maintenance mode with a skeleton crew, with many of the devs working on other projects as well.
Uh...that's not true. EA Jobs has had a Senior Product Manager open hire since February. I mean, maybe it's up and they aren't really looking, but it's up there. There is also a Software Engineer III position as of 4/2.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I've read all of the posts on this topic but I could have missed someone. Are we aware that refined armor negates the stone form resist cap boost? So in stone form on an elf I am 75/75/75/75/80. If I put on a piece of refined armor that gives me +5 DCI and -1/-1/-1/-1/-1 my caps become 69/69/69/69/79. If I put on a piece of refined armor that gives me -5 DCI and +1/+1/+1/+1/+1 my caps become 71/71/71/71/76.
Sounds like a bug to me, I don't recall reading it and I didn't test it myself.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm hoping Kyronix or Bleak can clarify what it means when the publish notes say that the Mage Armor property "has an imbuing weight of zero." Maybe I'm just looking at this all wrong.

[...]

I'm thinking that in step 1, what I should have seen instead of a 161% chance to imbue 1% LRC as a second property was a 290.4% chance to put it on as a second property (the same chance I had to put on 1% LRC on the same piece with no Mage Armor on it at all).

Does this make sense? Or am I just thoroughly confused now???
I'd have to test it on Chesapeake, but Step 1 should be the same as Step 4. I'm forgetting right now as I patch, but 290.4% seems crazy redundant. But if that's what it should be, it should be 290.4% in Step 1.

The fact that it shows up as 2/5 mods shows you there is something wrong there, regardless.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd have to test it on Chesapeake, but Step 1 should be the same as Step 4. I'm forgetting right now as I patch, but 290.4% seems crazy redundant. But if that's what it should be, it should be 290.4% in Step 1.

The fact that it shows up as 2/5 mods shows you there is something wrong there, regardless.
I think with the change they still want it so that Mage Armor counts against the maximum of 5 properties that you can normally have on items that we modify with imbuing. But the notes say Mage Armor won't have any weight for imbuing. So it kinda makes sense to me that it would take up a property slot but also have a weight of 0 for purposes of adding the other properties. But if that's the case, then I would expect the available weight for imbuing 4 more properties to be same as if the Mage Armor wasn't even on the piece at all and that the imbuing success chance would reflect that extra wiggle room in the available weight.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I checked it a couple of times. Will make and buy more and check them again. Do they have to be exceptionally crafted? My fletcher's not that good yet.... Or do they need the "Balanced" property on them to get an increased cap. Don't have any bows handy with Balanced on them and no essence to waste making one on Origin, if so.
sorry, just got home from work.
read this, logged in, made bow.
GM Exceptional Bows are 550, non-exceptional ones are 500.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
600 weight on a 2 handed weapon.
what the heck am i gonna add onto my waffle bats to eat up that much weight!!!!

someone is gonna be rolling around with a axe sporting max HCI/DCI/SSI/FC/UBWS FTW!

so if i take my waffle bat (Testubo or whatever it is) and i imbue it up to 600 weight then take my ancient forged metal thing and enhance it with some flavored wood ill be pressing that bad boy well over 600.

there are gonna be some MONSTER waffle bats popping up at yew gate soon i think!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, I just don't have the gold on Origin to horse around with taking useless pieces of armor to the mage shop and dropping 250k each time to knock off or add Mage Armor property just to see how this turned out on Origin.
Hi Tina,

I tried to PM you but it said your mailbox was closed and to ICQ you. I checked your profile but do not see your ICQ number listed. My ICQ is 795598. Send me a message and I can give you some gold on Origin to continue testing with.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So does this list of imbuing caps look correct now, for shards that have received Publish 81?

Exceptionally crafted 2-handed weapons: 600

Looted, purchased-from-NPC or non-exceptionally crafted 2-handed weapons: 550
Exceptionally-crafted bows: 550

Exceptionally crafted 1-handed weapons: 500
Looted, purchased-from-NPC, or non-exceptionally crafted bows: 500
Looted, purchased-from-NPC, or crafted jewelry (may be exceptional or non-exceptional): 500
Exceptionally-crafted armor: 500

Looted, purchased-from-NPC or non-exceptionally crafted 1-handed weapons: 450
Looted, purchased-from-NPC or non-exceptionally crafted armor: 450
Exceptionally-crafted shields: 450

Looted, purchased-from-NPC or non-exceptionally crafted shields: 400

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have no idea what you are talking about with the 6 dci thing.

also, stam pots never had a timer... ever..

No you dont have to pay for mage armor on leather... what the heck. and yea.. leather can still be 70s with mana regen...

and sampires got a mild nerf witht he stam leech change, but the stam loss change evens it out and makes other non-sampire melee pvm templates more viable.. pretty solid change, hardly a sampire boost, more of a boost to melee with an alteration to the sampire to make them not get as much boost.

Just seems like you didn't dive into this stuff very far... but what are you asking about really, with the "6 dci" thing?
I have not been following the pvm aspect too closely.

My current and longtime very powerful Sampire wears all maxxed out non-med woodland pieces. He does not chug pots or have parry and uses a leafblade.

Will he be fouled up after the patch?

Will I have issues keeping up my critical ssi?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not been following the pvm aspect too closely.

My current and longtime very powerful Sampire wears all maxxed out non-med woodland pieces. He does not chug pots or have parry and uses a leafblade.

Will he be fouled up after the patch?

Will I have issues keeping up my critical ssi?
If character copy is still working (I have not checked recently), you might want to copy him to Test Center and see how he does there. Might be the fastest way to find out if he'll be okay or if you'll have to change up his suit a bit.

Edited to add: Forget what I said about the leafblade...had the wrong weapon in mind.

You'll want to look at last Friday's publish notes here (http://www.uo.com/Publish-81-Notes ) and then the notes from Tuesday here ( http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-81-Comes-Origin-and-Izumo ) . All the weapon changes from Friday's notes got pushed out to all shards yesterday (plus a few buggy things, like Consecrate Weapon borked until tomorrow's maintenance), and Tuesday's publish modified the mortal strike effect duration on Origin, Izumo, TC (if the defender's using pots or talismans) and modified the relationship between number of modified resist caps and the DCI cap to be 1:1 (last Friday's notes will say it's 1:2).

I tried to put all the weapon changes that every shard got yesterday into this spreadsheet (yeah, I know you hate looking at them) here on Google in case you decide to experiment with some different weapons ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj2lpjetLFwwdGpQSW4wWWtkaHRqakp5LWJsN192c1E&usp=sharing ).

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
600 weight on a 2 handed weapon.
what the heck am i gonna add onto my waffle bats to eat up that much weight!!!!

someone is gonna be rolling around with a axe sporting max HCI/DCI/SSI/FC/UBWS FTW!

so if i take my waffle bat (Testubo or whatever it is) and i imbue it up to 600 weight then take my ancient forged metal thing and enhance it with some flavored wood ill be pressing that bad boy well over 600.

there are gonna be some MONSTER waffle bats popping up at yew gate soon i think!
You're gonna have to have a non-exceptional one then which I would assume would be less than 600 weight.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some screen shots from TC of city stone gumps and messages after the completion yesterday of the expedited election cycle. There are new governors in most of the cities, with a couple still vacant for now.

vesper city stone stuff.jpg skara city stone stuff.jpg jhelom city stone stuff.jpg

With regard to the buff messages for the City Trade Deals, the publish notes say, "Citizens may utilize the trade deal for 24 hours by visiting the City Stone and selecting “Utilize Trade Deal” from the context menu." However, there's no timer showing when I mouse over the buff icons on my characters that have elected to use the trade deals in Skara Brae and Jhelom. I'm assuming that means the buff will probably just disappear at the next maintenance cycle and not 24-hours after electing it via the city stone.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some screen shots from TC of city stone gumps and messages after the completion yesterday of the expedited election cycle. There are new governors in most of the cities, with a couple still vacant for now.

View attachment 13750 View attachment 13751 View attachment 13752

With regard to the buff messages for the City Trade Deals, the publish notes say, "Citizens may utilize the trade deal for 24 hours by visiting the City Stone and selecting “Utilize Trade Deal” from the context menu." However, there's no timer showing when I mouse over the buff icons on my characters that have elected to use the trade deals in Skara Brae and Jhelom. I'm assuming that means the buff will probably just disappear at the next maintenance cycle and not 24-hours after electing it via the city stone.
I'm going to create a character called 'Vacant' and become a governor. That will really mess with people's heads!

Thanks for all your hard work in testing Tina.