• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 100 Comes to TC1

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
*searches forums for date of next meet and greet in preparation to take off work and grill the devs*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • The Jewelry Box can now be secured with contents if the house has available storage.

What?
From what i read at uo.com IT uses one lockdown No Matter how much You Put in.

Do now every piece in need one lockdown?

Can someone explain this to me?
Yeah right wtf. I thought it used 1 lockdown even if it was loaded.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
A lot of the TC patch notes seem a bit confusing, I have no idea what some of it actually means.... :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So my question is did they fix the Jewelry box so that when you pick it up it isn't 500 items which won't go in your pack? So you have to empty the stinking thing to move it? Or did they fix that? Because I for one refuse to use the thing until that glaring bug gets fixed.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*searches forums for date of next meet and greet in preparation to take off work and grill the devs*

Chesapeake 7 pm ET May 21st, 2018

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well for me its a simple Thing... Iam Using EC... So the actually only benefit of that ugly Thing is saving lockdown... If thats Not doing IT i will simply Go Back Go Chests as There is at least a search....

No Idea what they we're thinking in the Beginning to Not have those with search in the First place

North_LS

Journeyman
  • Fixes issue where pet attacks would not proc the fiendish calling AI.
Now tamers cant cant do the Roof, Doom, or PvP. There will be many accounts closed. I hope they think it is worth it. Sampires online again.
chain roof runs this weekend? i still havent been to one! I was hoping to try one solo before they "fixed" the spawning, but i had trouble getting fountain done in time on my own.

doom is doable with 2-4 tamers, its just critical to control the spawn with df and i havent been able to manage it solo. also if a sampire shows up, youre screwed - they do damage at a rate that causes df to spawn adds way too fast for tamers to manage. I'd imagine roof will be similar - a group of tamers properly managing their pets should be able to get it done... at about a quarter of the speed a couple sampires could.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Adjusted Despise Island Champ Spawn to reduce lag.
How was this fixed, you reduced spawn rate again?

Also can we train Windrunner?
The Windrunner can already be trained.......but......it's bugged and will only gain 1 level (should be able to do 2 levels) before the pet train gump vanishes leaving the pet still saying slots 2 of 3.
Also don't see a fix for this so my guess is the horse and unicorn will soon join the ranks of bust vanity pets :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Players can no longer use soulstones with an active mastery."

what exactly does that mean? is there even a way to turn off all masteries?
unfortunately I can't copy to TC from Siege, could someone test this for me and post their findings please?
I am guessing there is a way to turn on a mastery, then put the required skill on a soulstone while the effect of that mastery continues.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Finally a trade window fix for the exploit. Hopefully that fixes it. Seems they finally admit it was real after we showed them videos and all that.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am guessing there is a way to turn on a mastery, then put the required skill on a soulstone while the effect of that mastery continues.
the bug you mention would be adressed by the very first line then:

"Resolved issue where players could have access to certain masteries after soul stoning a skill."

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"Resolved issue where players could have access to certain masteries after soul stoning a skill."
I still dont see the point in this "fix" whatever they do you can only have 1 mastery active at a time so i fail to se the big issue in this one?

Me thinks there was more to it than they can tell us ;)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who in the world asked for cannon balls to be smeltable ? How game breaking was that ? Who's going to smelt cannon balls ? Light ones, yeah I get that. But if it was a bug fix to make a use for light cannon balls, why didn't you make the same allowances for light powder charges and grapeshot ? Makes absolutely no sense.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who in the world asked for cannon balls to be smeltable ? How game breaking was that ? Who's going to smelt cannon balls ? Light ones, yeah I get that. But if it was a bug fix to make a use for light cannon balls, why didn't you make the same allowances for light powder charges and grapeshot ? Makes absolutely no sense.
Well they had to fill the page up somehow and actual bug fixes are far to complicated to try and fix ;)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still dont see the point in this "fix" whatever they do you can only have 1 mastery active at a time so i fail to se the big issue in this one?

Me thinks there was more to it than they can tell us ;)
Poisoning Mastery's passive. You could stone the skill off and keep the bonus from Potency

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poisoning Mastery's passive. You could stone the skill off and keep the bonus from Potency
That sounds suspiciously like an exploit to me.....who knew the "people who like killing each other" would find another way to hijack a publish..... *rolls eyes*

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They work together :D. Players will not be able to have access to certain masteries after soul stoning a skill, because they will not be able to soul stone a skill.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds suspiciously like an exploit to me.....who knew the "people who like killing each other" would find another way to hijack a publish..... *rolls eyes*
When saying "any way you want to win" goes horribly wrong :rolleyes2:

Wasn't me for sure though. I refuse to use the poisoning skill.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guess is that the soulstone/mastery fix that is confusing people is that you can't use a soulstone to take off the still that has the active Mastery.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • The Jewelry Box can now be secured with contents if the house has available storage.
What?
From what i read at uo.com IT uses one lockdown No Matter how much You Put in.

Do now every piece in need one lockdown?

Can someone explain this to me?
I hope he means you just need one lock down to hold it when full.

I think we all know it would need 1 lockdown. So they could have left that part out. Unless they are not fixing it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well for me its a simple Thing... Iam Using EC... So the actually only benefit of that ugly Thing is saving lockdown... If thats Not doing IT i will simply Go Back Go Chests as There is at least a search....

No Idea what they we're thinking in the Beginning to Not have those with search in the First place

It was just something people were asking for, and the devs rushed and last-minuted one up just to put something out. You know, kinda like when that birthday party slips up on you and you just run to the dollar store and buy something quick and cheap...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same thing with the pet revamp publish and the mastery publish. They weren't on test long enough to find all the bugs and were released with the possibilities of being exploited. Funny how now people are upset about it when a lot of people were knowingly taking advantage of these exploits for the past couple years to make themselves gold. I was there on TC for most of the pet revamp and pointed out a lot of issues that did get corrected but I also knew there was gonna be issues due to massive change that would bring to the game. There is some people though that will go there to test possible exploits and not let them know about it cause it favors their bank box. If only we could get rid of these selfish greedy players and have a community that would actually work together to make the game better. Maybe then we can get our population back up and people enjoying their gameplay.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who in the world asked for cannon balls to be smeltable ?
that would be me...not really. If it gives ingots back I am all for this. How many cannon balls do I have from paintings that I will never use. Sweet!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is the Travesty wrestling skill change a nerf or a buff?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is the Travesty wrestling skill change a nerf or a buff?
I suppose you could call it a nerf, but it's more of a re-balance. I'm not sure when it happened, but Trav's Wrestling was changed to 300, and I believe Parry is a similarly high value. I believe the Nightmare Fairy from Halloween had a similar skill level.

Does anyone know when this is going to go live? Thread said yesterday at 4, and it's nearly 25 hours later. I can't char copy to test the Shadowguard change.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  • Harbingers can now only be summoned in a cemetery.
Thus ending the easiest non-PEC way to throw an event with a non-static fight that isn't a Scalis. Sigh.
Actually, I was thinking cool, no more Harbingers disrupting people trying to fight Scalis

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OK, so I went to test to do the roof on a tamer. A guild mate and Iwent in with a fire beetle and a dimatapp (the poison one from Eodon). Guildie was a provo/disco/tamer I was on a tamer/T-hunter. After multiple deaths each, we somehow managed to get through Anon, Virtuebane, and Ozymandius. At one time I saw 57 spawn corpses when doing Virtuebane. OUCH! But we got him. Then came Jou'nar. He ate our lunch!!!!!! The skeletal dragon's agroed to us continually. Combine that with the fact we kept getting "sucked in" to Jou'nar and there was no way to control the spawn. We finally both died at the same time and got kicked out. If Jou'nar would have been the first champ "up", we wouldn't have made it to any of the others. :(

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
one less tool for griefers at idocs.
I suspect this was closer to the reason for this change.

Personally, I find it disappointing as I found the crystals very useful for hosting events, but they were getting harder to find and more expensive anyway. This move does make me wonder what, if anything, they will allow in the player-generated quest system they mentioned at the party though.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it was asked above, how do you turn off a mastery.
you click your mastery book and hit "change mastery' then when the list comes up you click the one you are already on.
hitting it since you are already in that mastery will turn it off, leaving you with no mastery on.

hope that helps.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, so I went to test to do the roof on a tamer. A guild mate and Iwent in with a fire beetle and a dimatapp (the poison one from Eodon). Guildie was a provo/disco/tamer I was on a tamer/T-hunter. After multiple deaths each, we somehow managed to get through Anon, Virtuebane, and Ozymandius. At one time I saw 57 spawn corpses when doing Virtuebane. OUCH! But we got him. Then came Jou'nar. He ate our lunch!!!!!! The skeletal dragon's agroed to us continually. Combine that with the fact we kept getting "sucked in" to Jou'nar and there was no way to control the spawn. We finally both died at the same time and got kicked out. If Jou'nar would have been the first champ "up", we wouldn't have made it to any of the others. :(

To be fair, it's probably meant to be 10 man content, not 2 man content so you did extremely well.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be fair, it's probably meant to be 10 man content, not 2 man content so you did extremely well.
The roof? Yup. I've done 2-man with a guy on Atl, and also by myself after the pet revamp (with 2 accounts) - the hard parts of the latter were Virtuebane (I had to alternate e-fielding/healing duties between my two chars) and Juo'nar (set one pet to guard and had it follow other tamer. When Tamer A went down, logged both pets, res'd him with Tamer B, then continued.) Ozy I just killed offscreen (was before the consume damage range limit) and Anon wasn't much of a problem.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it changes with Pub 100.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Putting the leash on harbingers is kind of lame. It always brought about some uncertainty and dynamic interference at otherwise super static happenings.

#makeharbingersgreatagain

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to me the roof changes mean you took away a fun time and made it probably close to impossible for a small group to do. But wow, the drops that we get, how many roofs do you have to do to get a drop, 10? 15? 20? It's not like you got a drop every encounter for cryin' out loud.

wow devs, you are rapidly taking the fun out of the game in case you didn't realize it. Evidently it's not that easy now or the prices for talis and all the other stuff sure have held up. And not just the roof, you put in a fun encounter, we do it, we love it, drops come at a reasonable pace, then a few weeks after it starts the drops get nerfed into oblivion and the same now has happened to the roof, now the monsters are out of control and we are now on step 3. To me it's just sad.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Well to me the roof changes mean you took away a fun time and made it probably close to impossible for a small group to do. But wow, the drops that we get, how many roofs do you have to do to get a drop, 10? 15? 20? It's not like you got a drop every encounter for cryin' out loud.
I pretty much do. Benefits of guys taking multiple characters.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The fiendish calling is pretty much only counterbalanced by the sampire.

Which is stupid.

I’ve tested it, and from what i ran into, if there aren’t significant changes made to it, that will be it for me. Two bites in on a cusidhe and the entire area flooded by mages. All three characters dead in 25 seconds.