• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 100 Comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce the first of several TC1 Publish 100 releases will be available for testing on TC1 by 4pm ET May 16, 2018. Publish 100 is full of bug fixes, so head over to TC1 to check out the latest update. Be sure to check the notes for full release details. As always, we look forward to your feedback. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The following changes have been published to TC1 as of the latest release date,

• Resolved issue where players could have access to certain masteries after soul stoning a skill.
  • Players can no longer use soulstones with an active mastery.
  • Mastery passives will be removed on login if a player does not have the correct skill or active mastery.
  • Fixes issue where pet attacks would not proc the fiendish calling AI.
  • Covetous resource maps will now indicate when they are located in the Lost Lands.
  • Artifacts will preserve their max durability when exchanged with the Legendary Artificer.
  • Harbingers can now only be summoned in a cemetery.
  • Cannonballs can now be smelted.
  • Mannequins and stewards can now equip talisman.
  • You can now specify an amount of seeds to remove from the seedbox.
  • “Owned by” items can no longer be quipped on mannequins, stewards, or vendors.
  • Time of Legends items can now be dyed with natural dye.
  • Revenants spawned in doom will no longer endlessly pursue their victims outside of the dungeon.
  • Fixed issue where the New Magincia gardening contract would not work between years.
  • NPC mage guildmasters will always accept gold for training.
  • Fixed issue where the Silver Sapling would erroneously work outside of the Stygian Abyss.
  • Fixed issue where players could get stuck on the Spirituality shrine while on a trade quest.
  • Fixed the skill requirement for entering the City of Wind.
  • Level 5 & 6 treasure maps have been added to the Hag Quest.
  • Endless Journey players will receive a warning gump on login when mounted on a mount that contains items (This is currently live in Publish 99)
  • Fixed issue where guards would instakill red players participating in a VvV city battle.
  • Fixed issued where Global Chat presence would not be properly updated when players go offline.
  • Fixed issue where the exit locations for the Primeival Lich spawn could be blocked with items.
  • Fixed issue where Bard Mastery Despair would not deliver the correct damage.
  • The Gorgon Lens should now work on all equipment that fits in the head and neck slot.
  • The Cu Sidhe is now considered a wolf with regard to slayer damage.
  • There is now a delay when toggling acceptance of trades in the trade window.
  • Fixes issue where a number of skills could get stuck on a player. This issue will be resolved on player login.
  • Fixes issue where players purchasing City Banners would receive tokenization errors.
  • The Palomino Horse & Lasher can now be trained.
  • Gnarled Staves that do not have any “charges” associated with any magical spell item properties can now be reforged.
  • Fixed issue where ML artifact drops would not occur.
  • Pets duplicated by Medusa will no longer have positive karma.
  • Fixed issue where Messages in a Bottle would become erroneously named when used with the Davies’ Locker.
  • Sapphires have been added to the ore cart spawn.
  • Skeleton keys can now be combined up to 100 charges.
  • Yarn made on a spinning wheel will now properly stack in a player’s backpack.
  • The “wight” corpse will no longer be erroneously named.
  • Fixed issue where magic reflect buff icon would display erroneous information when logging in.
  • Adjusted Travesty’s wrestling skill
  • The Jewelry Box can now be secured with contents if the house has available storage.
  • Adjusted Despise Island Champ Spawn to reduce lag.
  • Cleanup Britannia points can now be exchanged between characters on an account by visiting the Cleanup Exchange Stone located at the Britain Commons.
  • The Britain Cleanup Officer will now spawn in the Britain Commons.
  • Amethysts spawned in Exodus Chests will now stack with those purchased from the Jeweler.
  • Sugarcane & Flax will now produce seeds.
  • Daemons, Ogre Lords, Silver Serpents, and Wisps will no longer be associated with factions, resulting in odd results while trying to bard them.
  • Flax will now produce flax instead of cotton.
  • Spellweaving spell “Word of Death” will now have the correct minimum skill requirement displayed in the spellweaving book.
  • Slayer damage will now impact Magery Mastery Death Ray.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At bloody last.

Not a bad effort. :)

• I like the Hag Quest maps, that's a nice touch, a way to bring something cool back that had got obsolete - I still have the runes.
  • Mervyn will like the VVV guards not killing reds.
  • Bealank will like the Travesty having it's wrestle points fixed.
  • The Masteries bugs were causing an issue in PvP, nice fix.
  • I like the cleanup points being exchanged between characters.
  • Despise Lag fix - OMG.

Not bad at all.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Level 5 & 6 treasure maps have been added to the Hag Quest.

Skeleton keys can now be combined up to 100 charges.

Cleanup Britannia points can now be exchanged between characters on an account by visiting the Cleanup Exchange Stone located at the Britain Commons.

The Britain Cleanup Officer will now spawn in the Britain Commons.

Sugarcane & Flax will now produce seeds.

those are my favorites, I love the Hag quest and seeds from Sugarcane yes! My thunter will be happy about the keys now, and my blacksmith will be so happy about that exchange stone.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cannon Balls can now be smelted !!! Why fix only a single thing in High Seas and not....nvm....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No more harrys at idocs yay! I bet those crystal prices drop now.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Mannequins and stewards can now equip talisman.
2. “Owned by” items can no longer be quipped on mannequins, stewards, or vendors.

How funny is this!!!! Guess what items spawn with "owned by" on them?? TALISMANS LOLOLOLOLOL

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fixes issue where pet attacks would not proc the fiendish calling AI? Can someone explain that to me?
It is probably an internal name for either:
  • Pulling the pet owner to the mob for a potential melee attack (or other such attacks)
  • The summoning of add mobs

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sweet!
Now I will be able to chain Travesty like I did with Dreadhorn till I get what I want! :D

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Now tamers cant cant do the Roof, Doom, or PvP. There will be many accounts closed. I hope they think it is worth it. Sampires online again.

Yay for the sugar.

Is there a use for Flax?

• The Jewelry Box can now be secured with contents if the house has available storage.
What does this mean? If it has 10 items it still needs 10 storage to secure? It already did that.

• Fixed issue where the Silver Sapling would erroneously work outside of the Stygian Abyss.
Cant plant seeds beneath Eodon. No more resses at Kotl city or Zippy.. Did that really need fixed?

• Cleanup Britannia points can now be exchanged between characters on an account by visiting the Cleanup Exchange Stone located at the Britain Commons.
This is nice.

Yay

Thought this was ok. Till I saw the Fey slayers I have bought with turn in points. Damnit!

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
  • Fixed issue where ML artifact drops would not occur.
I wonder if this means getting a crimmy or a travesty mask will be easier now. Because sometimes it felt like their drop rate was 0.01% or something like that.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Artifacts will preserve their max durability when exchanged with the Legendary Artificer."

What?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Now tamers cant cant do the Roof, Doom, or PvP. There will be many accounts closed. I hope they think it is worth it. Sampires online again.

Yay for the sugar.

Is there a use for Flax?

What does this mean? If it has 10 items it still needs 10 storage to secure? It already did that.

Cant plant seeds beneath Eodon. No more resses at Kotl city or Zippy.. Did that really need fixed?

This is nice.

Yay

Thought this was ok. Till I saw the Fey slayers I have bought with turn in points. Damnit!
Flax makes Thread... which in turn makes cloth...

As for the now Tamers can't do anything again I agree. VERY Unhappy to hear that since I HATE Sampires.

As for trading my clean up points why would I??? I fail to see the usefulness of that... If I get stuff on my one character I throw it in a box and the character I bought it for picks it up and uses it??? In what sense is this even necessary???

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran

As for the now Tamers can't do anything again I agree. VERY Unhappy to hear that since I HATE Sampires.

As for trading my clean up points why would I??? I fail to see the usefulness of that... If I get stuff on my one character I throw it in a box and the character I bought it for picks it up and uses it??? In what sense is this even necessary???
You want a Mystic's Memento. You have 150k points on one character, 25k on another, 100k on a third, 37k on a fourth. None of these character can purchase the item. With this change you can consolidate your points onto one character and buy the item you want.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

If you have small number of points on multiple characters, you can combine them to get a reward.

And I am also very disappointed in another tamer nerf. I realize that pets not generating spawn on the roof was a bug, but by now the tamers are pretty much nerfed out of every PvM activity worth doing. What was the point of doing the pet revamp again?

And while they took the time with this "fix", the things that were truly broken like cold wind and poisoning are still unfixed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You want a Mystic's Memento. You have 150k points on one character, 25k on another, 100k on a third, 37k on a fourth. None of these character can purchase the item. With this change you can consolidate your points onto one character and buy the item you want.
I guess I never had that problem because I ONLY throw stuff on ONE character and ONE character only... EVER... over a dozen accounts and I am always sure to only throw stuff in the trash on just ONE character.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you have small number of points on multiple characters, you can combine them to get a reward.

And I am also very disappointed in another tamer nerf. I realize that pets not generating spawn on the roof was a bug, but by now the tamers are pretty much nerfed out of every PvM activity worth doing. What was the point of doing the pet revamp again?

And while they took the time with this "fix", the things that were truly broken like cold wind and poisoning are still unfixed.
To get us to keep subscribing for the 4 years it took them to put it out only to have them nerf it back into uselessness after only 1 year.

Tell me again why I should keep subbing? Can't get scrolls for the pets anyway so I guess it just doesn't matter anymore. I am with you and I rather fail to see why I spent that much money for the last 4 years just so I could enjoy my Dread Spider for about 1 week before it was squashed with the nerf bat.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Yeah if they go through with that they need to tweak the dragon down.

It's bad enough.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously? I, for one, am going to continue doing Shadowguard with my current group, bringing 3 tamers along to do it. And we won't have any problems. We'll simply adjust our tactics and templates a bit further to accommodate for the spawn that's going to be generated - the only really threatening spawn happens with Juo'nar anyway. The stuff Virtuebane spawns isn't necessarily a threat, given how easily they go down. The problem is the massive amount of spawn combined with his 3x dmg ability against pets.

Tell me again why I should keep subbing? Can't get scrolls for the pets anyway so I guess it just doesn't matter anymore. I am with you and I rather fail to see why I spent that much money for the last 4 years just so I could enjoy my Dread Spider for about 1 week before it was squashed with the nerf bat.
You say you can't get scrolls for the pets, but you legitimately don't even try to get them. Furthermore, they aren't even needed. Why bring it up at all?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Seriously? I, for one, am going to continue doing Shadowguard with my current group, bringing 3 tamers along to do it. And we won't have any problems. We'll simply adjust our tactics and templates a bit further to accommodate for the spawn that's going to be generated - the only really threatening spawn happens with Juo'nar anyway. The stuff Virtuebane spawns isn't necessarily a threat, given how easily they go down. The problem is the massive amount of spawn combined with his 3x dmg ability against pets.

You say you can't get scrolls for the pets, but you legitimately don't even try to get them. Furthermore, they aren't even needed. Why bring it up at all?
It's already pretty grindy imo, not sure the tweak was necessary.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's already pretty grindy imo, not sure the tweak was necessary.
I know the Shadowguard grind all too well. But "the sky is falling" attitudes don't help. It hasn't even gone live on TC1 yet. The spawn generation rate is completely unknown - if it's too overwhelming, the devs can adjust it.

edit: nvm, apparently it is live? Unless this thread has the date wrong - I did forget today was the 16th, but it said live at 4 PM Eastern. This was posted here an hour later.

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
  • Harbingers can now only be summoned in a cemetery.

Thus ending the easiest non-PEC way to throw an event with a non-static fight that isn't a Scalis. Sigh.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A well deserved taming nerf err i mean FIX, hats off to the dev team real good changes :)

Ani

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh, I just want to know what will happen to my unicorn.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
New

Explain this to me? I have no idea what the fiendish calling AI is :/ Yes I'm a tamer, I guess I'm a dumb tamer lol, I say All Kill, they kill, I'm happy lol...is this where they said that if you attack the roof bosses with pets they will spawn mobs? if so...that happens a lot anyway and we have no problems at all so to say Tamers can't do anything is just silly....control the spawn...we've done it for how long?

Not everyone does that. I have clean-up points on all of my characters...either because I forget, I'm lazy and just wanna throw something away etc. so yes this is necessary.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Explain this to me? I have no idea what the fiendish calling AI is :/ Yes I'm a tamer, I guess I'm a dumb tamer lol, I say All Kill, they kill, I'm happy lol...is this where they said that if you attack the roof bosses with pets they will spawn mobs? if so...that happens a lot anyway and we have no problems at all so to say Tamers can't do anything is just silly....control the spawn...we've done it for how long?
Depends how they do it. Do the roof with EVs and see what happens. Will be same for pets. Knowing Kyronix it will be worse. There is a reason nobody wants a mage in a Roof run.

Then go do Doom with a group of tamers and see how fun that is. Drakelord showed pics. Doom and the Dark Father’s spawn The roof could look like that.

If tamers are so OP why are Halos and Hawkwind Robes so expensive still?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If tamers are so OP why are Halos and Hawkwind Robes so expensive still?
Because they aren't - there's a reason most people do pvm content on dexers. You just think they are because of all those 120's you use, that don't really do anything for the pet. Hawkwind's Robe is down to about 50 mil now, if not lower, and has been there for a while.

Not 100% sure, but I'd guess it's the spawned monsters thing that the Dark Father and Abyssal Infernal do. But they do it no matter what attacks them - in Shadowguard, pets don't trigger it for whatever reason. If that's the ability, they'll trigger it now. but it's not that big a deal.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because they aren't - there's a reason most people do pvm content on dexers. You just think they are because of all those 120's you use, that don't really do anything for the pet. Hawkwind's Robe is down to about 50 mil now, if not lower, and has been there for a while.
You are not supposed to help me make a point! You gonna lose some street cred. But I'm ok with it. Ill give you a ride on my Rainbow Unicorn later.

The robe was 35M when the revamp came out. It is still around 35M, but the supply is actually lower, you would see 5 or 6 a year ago on a search now you see one or two.

If tamers are so OP on the roof why did the price not drop because we have so many?

The price of a Tangle has dropped because we do have a ton of those.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've been in worse situations....things spawn..you run...re-group..kill the spawn....doom on a tamer is a PAIN! lol but still fun :)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are trying to argue price data to the wrong person.
you mean yourself? Just checked the Hawkwind's Robe prices on Atl. 28.5m, 30m, 33m, 45m. Scholar's Halo is 175m+, just like the Slither and a couple slayers on Cameos (Demon/Repond.) I still have a decent stockpile of Shadowguard drops on Atl from when I heavily farmed it, plus a couple I got the other day that I can have someone xfer. Including the Elemental Cameo, that's easily at least 250m.

Not bad for someone who doesn't know prices...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Yay for the sugar.

Is there a use for Flax?

This is nice.

Yay

What is a wolf slayer item? Vermin slayers?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

I think they mean you can combine different chars's cleanup points in sam account ..That is useful to max cleanup points..From Loot, nor necessarily from bought items..

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is a wolf slayer item? Vermin slayers?
Wolf Slayer was initially only on one item, Misericord, the dagger you get from the quest to kill the blacksmith's werewolf wife. During the Titan invasion, it could also spawn on Spellbooks. Wolf Slayer is classified as a Lesser Slayer, so +200% Damage. Both Fey Slayer (+100% Damage) and Wolf Slayer (+200% Damage) will work against Cu Sidhes.

What i'm wondering is, when are they gonna fix the Poisoning bug with pets? If you add the Poisoning ability to a pet that doesn't have it innately, it'll only inflict Lesser Poison, even when trained to GM Poisoning skill.
Also, are they ever going to fix Necro pets? Pets with Necromagery cast Conduit, but it doesn't work for them. Pets with Necromancy cast Corpse Skin on their opponent, even if Corpse Skin causes them to deal less damage due to their Damage Type (Tsuki Wolves and Shadow Wyrms get hit with this hard).

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Players can no longer use soulstones with an active mastery."

what exactly does that mean? is there even a way to turn off all masteries?
unfortunately I can't copy to TC from Siege, could someone test this for me and post their findings please?

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So they fixed four or five bugs I actually cared about, and use the publish to propagate another nerf stick.
I don’t like playing a sampire even though I have one. It’s repetitive and monotonous. I agree sampire city is going to be ridiculous. At least with tamers you get variety. You get the grind of training pets. Sampire you grind out the skills in 3 days, imbue yourself some half decent armor and boom, instakill machine. It’s dumb. The only reason I have one is because Medusa can be killed easy by one which is nice considering the absolute negligible drop rate of a slither.

I’m over the devs. I’ll stick out to the end of the publish but you guys might honestly be coming to my houses idocs come october.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

What?
From what i read at uo.com IT uses one lockdown No Matter how much You Put in.

Do now every piece in need one lockdown?

Can someone explain this to me?