• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 100 Comes to TC1

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like Doom all over again. Crosses another thing to do in game off my list. We usually do the Roof with 4 or 5 people and enjoy it. We've gone to Doom with 10 people and 4 DF's popped and between all the adds we ended up leaving after 20 death robes each. 4 DF's bouncing all over the place and dropping adds was not fun. Now it looks like the Roof will be the same. I've done the Roof over 100 times and have probably gotten 10-12 drops and of course getting the frigging Earrings 3 of those times. Who the hell came up with that "Artifact" what a POS.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like Doom all over again. Crosses another thing to do in game off my list. We usually do the Roof with 4 or 5 people and enjoy it. We've gone to Doom with 10 people and 4 DF's popped and between all the adds we ended up leaving after 20 death robes each. 4 DF's bouncing all over the place and dropping adds was not fun. Now it looks like the Roof will be the same. I've done the Roof over 100 times and have probably gotten 10-12 drops and of course getting the frigging Earrings 3 of those times. Who the hell came up with that "Artifact" what a POS.
The difference is that the Dark Father has a leash...and pets aren't meant to deal with all of that spawn anyway. Shadowguard will likely be similar, although I haven't looked at the new changes...but then again, if it's "Doom all over again", won't have any problems. For one reason: we bring a dexer. Sometimes two.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OK, so I went to test to do the roof on a tamer. A guild mate and Iwent in with a fire beetle and a dimatapp (the poison one from Eodon). Guildie was a provo/disco/tamer I was on a tamer/T-hunter. After multiple deaths each, we somehow managed to get through Anon, Virtuebane, and Ozymandius. At one time I saw 57 spawn corpses when doing Virtuebane. OUCH! But we got him. Then came Jou'nar. He ate our lunch!!!!!! The skeletal dragon's agroed to us continually. Combine that with the fact we kept getting "sucked in" to Jou'nar and there was no way to control the spawn. We finally both died at the same time and got kicked out. If Jou'nar would have been the first champ "up", we wouldn't have made it to any of the others. :(
This does not mean tamers are useless...just means you need more then just tamers in there to help control spawn and cross-heal.

My guild has been in that situation many many times and yes there are deaths but we manage just fine...just have to adjust game play a bit and it's fine...also remember that's why this is on Test Center...I will be copying over my tamer there later this evening and hope to find a group to go in with to test further and report back to Kyronix...if the spawn needs adjusting he'll adjust it as long as he has comprehensive feedback on the system and not just ZOMG THIS SUCKS.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This does not mean tamers are useless...just means you need more then just tamers in there to help control spawn and cross-heal.

My guild has been in that situation many many times and yes there are deaths but we manage just fine...just have to adjust game play a bit and it's fine...also remember that's why this is on Test Center...I will be copying over my tamer there later this evening and hope to find a group to go in with to test further and report back to Kyronix...if the spawn needs adjusting he'll adjust it as long as he has comprehensive feedback on the system and not just ZOMG THIS SUCKS.
@Larisa Contact me if you want. I plan to be on TC later tonight to do some more testing on the roof with some guildies. Just PM or ICQ me. My ICQ is 676858841

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Larisa Contact me if you want. I plan to be on TC later tonight to do some more testing on the roof with some guildies. Just PM or ICQ me. My ICQ is 676858841
Will do!

Kyronix also said that he would remove the need to do the rooms so we can just go straight to the roof with the next publish to TC1 so that will help a lot.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will do!

Kyronix also said that he would remove the need to do the rooms so we can just go straight to the roof with the next publish to TC1 so that will help a lot.
Me too, 310788258. If needed, I can copy my sampire as well (once I get my weapons together), since that char never finished the Roof.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If it's during the week let me know I'll bring a tamer or two or three and a mass of pets to test out... though I have a feeling it'll be just like doom... A cluster...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Do you guys use Discord? It's a lot easier to do stuff when you can talk..maybe we can set up a TC1 Discord Channel?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't done Doom in years. I'm down to copy my warrior (not a sampire) over to Test & do some runs :)

If ya'll get a date/time set up plez post here or PM me & I'd love ta join the fun !

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you guys use Discord? It's a lot easier to do stuff when you can talk..maybe we can set up a TC1 Discord Channel?
There is an "Ultima Online" Discord server, I'd suggest using that.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There is an "Ultima Online" Discord server, I'd suggest using that.
There is no Test Center Channel there

I guess we could use the general channel

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As long it is not in nonsensical numbers, I am okay with pets causing the roof bosses to call their extra spawn.
Just make it so that it is a reasonable number of mobs, like no more than 3 per player, and that the interval of such summoning isn't aggravating. Twice or thrice per boss would suffice. More than that it becomes a boring, senseless grind that will suck all the fun and excitement of doing the roof for a drop, a chance of a decent artefact and some insurance gold.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who in the world asked for cannon balls to be smeltable ? How game breaking was that ? Who's going to smelt cannon balls ? Light ones, yeah I get that. But if it was a bug fix to make a use for light cannon balls, why didn't you make the same allowances for light powder charges and grapeshot ? Makes absolutely no sense.
Makes plenty of sense Garth, I asked on the official forums if it was intended that we couldn't smelt down big old iron balls and huge iron cannons into iron ingots. Kyronix i believe it was replied that they could see no reason that we shouldn't be able to smelt the big iron balls back into ingots. He then said that since cannons were made from multiple items and in deed form that it likely wouldn't be possible. I started this because i have a horde of cannon balls and cannons from doing literally thousands of merchants/pirates, just like you.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As long it is not in nonsensical numbers, I am okay with pets causing the roof bosses to call their extra spawn.
Just make it so that it is a reasonable number of mobs, like no more than 3 per player, and that the interval of such summoning isn't aggravating. Twice or thrice per boss would suffice. More than that it becomes a boring, senseless grind that will suck all the fun and excitement of doing the roof for a drop, a chance of a decent artefact and some insurance gold.
Another player and I did the roof (as much as possible anyway) and I counted 57 spawn corpses at one time while fighting Virtuebane. That did not include the corpses that had already disappeared, or the spawn that was still alive at that time.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Another player and I did the roof (as much as possible anyway) and I counted 57 spawn corpses at one time while fighting Virtuebane. That did not include the corpses that had already disappeared, or the spawn that was still alive at that time.
That is just stupid and means they just killed another fun thing to do in the game and make me wonder why I keep playing it.
They better fix that thing before it goes live because too much spawn on 200+ ping is no fun for anyone.
I can think of many better things to do with my weekend if they keep killing the fun activities to do on UO like this.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes plenty of sense Garth, I asked on the official forums if it was intended that we couldn't smelt down big old iron balls and huge iron cannons into iron ingots. Kyronix i believe it was replied that they could see no reason that we shouldn't be able to smelt the big iron balls back into ingots. He then said that since cannons were made from multiple items and in deed form that it likely wouldn't be possible. I started this because i have a horde of cannon balls and cannons from doing literally thousands of merchants/pirates, just like you.
I have a horde of cannon deeds also but I sure don't have an overabundance of cannon balls, I use em for scuttling the ship and I still have to make some to keep up with the usage. They sure could get rid of the light cannons tho, those and their ammo are totally worthless.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a horde of cannon deeds also but I sure don't have an overabundance of cannon balls, I use em for scuttling the ship and I still have to make some to keep up with the usage. They sure could get rid of the light cannons tho, those and their ammo are totally worthless.
I saved the light cannon balls from the ships hold. I used any heavy ones I looted.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I'm fine with the recycling aspect of it, it just didn't make sense to not make other ammo also recyclable .

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We did 2 runs of the roof tonight on test. Thanks @Larisa for joining us. @Kyronix was there, was able to see as we fought, and I believe he cut back the spawn a bit on the first run. It wasn't too bad except for Jou'nar. The second run, I think was spawn at "full force". More deaths but we got through it. Jou'nar's spawn, however, in my opinion, still needs to be cut back some. Overall it wasn't as bad as I expected, and I really didn't notice much/any more spawn than when 2 of us went in the night before.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We did 2 runs of the roof tonight on test. Thanks @Larisa for joining us. @Kyronix was there, was able to see as we fought, and I believe he cut back the spawn a bit on the first run. It wasn't too bad except for Jou'nar. The second run, I think was spawn at "full force". More deaths but we got through it. Jou'nar's spawn, however, in my opinion, still needs to be cut back some. Overall it wasn't as bad as I expected, and I really didn't notice much/any more spawn than when 2 of us went in the night before.
Yes it was fun!

Very much a pleasure Keith! And it was fun! Yes the spawn got a bit crazy at times.....Kyronix said he cut the spawn down by half for our first run...he had to go do something on our second run so couldn't manually adjust it and oh my gosh.....it was CRAZY insane! A LOT more deaths, a LOT more spawn but we managed lol.

If he cuts the current spawn rate by half like he did for us, and adjusts the streakiness then I think it would be just about perfect.

Most of our party members had issues with Jou'nar's spawn.....skele dragons and lich lords oh my! lol but he didn't spawn any more then the other bosses, it's just WHAT he spawns makes it hard but we muddled through and finished both runs with very little issues...so before everyone starts crying about how tamers are useless now....go and actually test it....hopefully Kyronix will be around later this evening again because I sure will be :)

The hardest part was with Anon because with all the spawn it was hard to tell what form he was in so we could pull pets if needed...that and the second run final boss was Ozzy and we couldn't find his corpse at ALL because there were so many corpses around it and we got booted out before we could loot it and lost out on whatever legendaries and whatever else might have been on it :/

Screenshot_5.jpg Screenshot_6.jpg Screenshot_9.jpg Screenshot_12.jpg

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the point if there so many bodies you can't loot the final boss? Kind of defeats the purpose, since the artifact drop rate isn't very high and most people are looking at the boss loot to make up for the time spent doing the rooms and the roof. Sorry not a fan.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The hardest part was with Anon because with all the spawn it was hard to tell what form he was in so we could pull pets if needed...that and the second run final boss was Ozzy and we couldn't find his corpse at ALL because there were so many corpses around it and we got booted out before we could loot it and lost out on whatever legendaries and whatever else might have been on it :/
Just an FYI, in EC you can filter corpses by name. Does not help, ofc, if all you were on CC.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
in CC you can make all the other corpses just magically disappear using 3rd party programs - just sayin'
(which one do you think is easier? - hehe)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The trouble comes when the devs are continuously forced to thwart AFK scripters... which then they overkill and make things only playable by the most elite of players... this leaves the casual players with less and less they can do and what they can do is often not rewarding...

So they play less and less until you are where a lot of us are which is starting to evaluate if it is really worth paying to play anymore... there are less and less things I enjoy in the game... dying dozens of times isn't something I find fun... being pulled into a boss with dozens of AoE mobs like Lich Lords is NOT fun... it's frustrating and annoying.

I've already had a near impossible time getting friends to do the roof... they hated it before spending ages grinding the rooms to have another person want to join and having to take them through the rooms and another and another... until that part has taken most the day ...... to then finally getting to the roof and then getting little to nothing in return for all that time wasted in getting there... and now to have to have several deaths on top of that making it a grind to get pets back up to full after they lose so much when they die... topped off with many "Legendary" Artifacts I get aren't really that "Legendary" IMO... Like getting spellcaster jewels that don't have FC/FCR on them.... rendering them useless... or getting dexer type jewels missing HCI... or "antique" so they are basically good for one fight and then garbage. I don't think with this change I'll ever be able to convince anyone to do the roof again... they will all have visions of doom or Zippy... and won't want to bother... the return on the time investment will be too low or the damage taken to pets and property too high for the low reward rate.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New The trouble comes when the devs are continuously forced to thwart AFK scripters... which then they overkill and make things only playable by the most elite of players... this leaves the casual players with less and less they can do and what they can do is often not rewarding...
Most elite of players? Are you serious? I am FAR from elite and I have zero problems with the Roof, Doom, Zippy, etc. Do you know why? Because I (and my group) quickly learned the mechanics of each fight and the optimal setups for each one.

The "Casual" player can learn how to do the fights the same way. They just choose not to because of their misguided definition of "fun." I tailor my gameplay around more optimized strategies, for one reason: The end result is what I'm interested in, and that's a faster kill that allows me to get a higher volume of w/e encounter done, which in turn allows for more chances at drops.

You bring up the time it takes to do the roof. Before I farmed it heavily, I'd have agreed with you. But I've learned how to do the ENTIRE thing in roughly an hour - the places that take the most time are the Bar (due to the larger # of pirates with a larger group), Orchard (sometimes), and the Roof itself. Yes, it requires a group...but is that such a bad thing? Not everything in this game should be able to be done with one character.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most elite of players? Are you serious? I am FAR from elite and I have zero problems with the Roof, Doom, Zippy, etc. Do you know why? Because I (and my group) quickly learned the mechanics of each fight and the optimal setups for each one.

The "Casual" player can learn how to do the fights the same way. They just choose not to because of their misguided definition of "fun." I tailor my gameplay around more optimized strategies, for one reason: The end result is what I'm interested in, and that's a faster kill that allows me to get a higher volume of w/e encounter done, which in turn allows for more chances at drops.

You bring up the time it takes to do the roof. Before I farmed it heavily, I'd have agreed with you. But I've learned how to do the ENTIRE thing in roughly an hour - the places that take the most time are the Bar (due to the larger # of pirates with a larger group), Orchard (sometimes), and the Roof itself. Yes, it requires a group...but is that such a bad thing? Not everything in this game should be able to be done with one character.
Glad you have a group that is willing to do that and all.... but for the most part many of those I play with aren't going to do that.... they did the roof... a few times.. but after investing all that time and effort and getting nothing but a few death robes they won't do it again... with the add mobs and such now and the opportunity to acquire even more deathrobes the likelihood of convincing any of them to do it again is ZERO.

NO I don't want to go to another shard. NO, I don't want to join yet another group... I'm already in plenty of guilds and such... who seem to play less and less all the time. Summer is now here and there will be even fewer people on playing... I tried doing the roof before with just 2 of us and half the time we'd fail at Jou'nar ... his constant pulling you in to your death got pretty darn old... now pulling you in with a dozen mobs spawned that do AoE... I don't call that fun.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
One thing is for sure: people complaining that they can't solo group content, or that it isn't convenient or easy to do so... are absolutely silly. If group content can't be done solo, then it's working as intended. End of story.
Did you even listen a thing Mal said? I’m not complaining that I can’t do it solo. The pets procs never stopped me from taking two boards and a sampire soloing the roof time and time again. But that takes practice and a lot of skill.
No one wants to do the group content in groups anymore because it’s gotten ridiculous trying to do it. Everything is either Sampire only or can be done AFTER you’ve spent hundreds of hours grinding out what needs to be done in what order.
Not all of us have the time or energy to spend all that time learning how to do it without dying 15 times on the same boss. 15 years ago, they might be able to convince me. But we’re playing a dying game that the devs break further with every publish, ignore us, and publish out content they want. I simply at this point am so tired of the Devs BS that this is just a leisure game for me now. If I want to grind for something, I’m gonna play a game where I know the Devs aren’t running it further into the ground.
Some of us just want fun. There’s very little content anymore that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I've come to believe "Casuals" are not people with limited game time but people who play the game quite extensively but refuse to take the time to learn basic mechanics of the game they have played for 20 years and just continuously throw themselves at encounters and then complain when it doesn't work out how they FEEL it should work.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...what is it people?

It doesn't take all this work, just a basic understanding and using that understanding to guide the characters play.

Also the people who haven't tested it on test center, do you really have a right to complain? We've been on TC off and on since last night, the only other people we've seen around the roof, drcossacks group. What does that say? (missed keith's and larisa group last night)

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have tested it. And out of my 8 taming templates, only my archer tamer survived, and just barely. I was at work till late so I couldn’t do it with a group, but everything else the spawn drowned my pets and I. Juonar gave me a gift of about 50 death robes. Only reason I didn’t get kicked was I had a second character hiding in a corner dealing rezzes. I’m willing to admit, if they cut the spawn rate, it isn’t going to be AS bad.
But, at this point, who wants the grind anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you have a group that is willing to do that and all.... but for the most part many of those I play with aren't going to do that.... they did the roof... a few times.. but after investing all that time and effort and getting nothing but a few death robes they won't do it again... with the add mobs and such now and the opportunity to acquire even more deathrobes the likelihood of convincing any of them to do it again is ZERO.
...so your group died a few times in the Roof and refuse to do it now? Really? Sounds like they're the problem. Only time my group has deaths on the roof now is Juo'nar and that's not guaranteed. We won't have too many problems after - if deathrobes happen, it's either because of our mistakes (unlikely, due to having everything down to a science) or bad RNG.

Also the people who haven't tested it on test center, do you really have a right to complain? We've been on TC off and on since last night, the only other people we've seen around the roof, drcossacks group. What does that say? (missed keith's and larisa group last night)
I haven't actually tested it yet, haha - those guys were all me. I got screwed by the fountain last night (Hurricane Ele yoinked me into an enclosed area), but it wouldn't take me too long to do it again. I am kinda curious how one guy on 3 clients can handle it though.

Not all of us have the time or energy to spend all that time learning how to do it without dying 15 times on the same boss. 15 years ago, they might be able to convince me. But we’re playing a dying game that the devs break further with every publish, ignore us, and publish out content they want. I simply at this point am so tired of the Devs BS that this is just a leisure game for me now. If I want to grind for something, I’m gonna play a game where I know the Devs aren’t running it further into the ground.
Do you know how long it took for me to learn how to do Zippy? One encounter. Doom? The same.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have tested it. And out of my 8 taming templates, only my archer tamer survived, and just barely. I was at work till late so I couldn’t do it with a group, but everything else the spawn drowned my pets and I. Juonar gave me a gift of about 50 death robes. Only reason I didn’t get kicked was I had a second character hiding in a corner dealing rezzes. I’m willing to admit, if they cut the spawn rate, it isn’t going to be AS bad.
But, at this point, who wants the grind anymore?
So you are saying you were attempting to solo it on a tamer? And you actually had a template survive, even if barely?

Sorry but I don't see this as a bad thing. These were your first attempts at a change of mechanics.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The current publish notes look like a mixed bag to me: some good and obviously needed changes, and some frustrating and/or frivolous ones. I had a much longer post written up, but I just don't see the point. I think I'm just not the target audience. So be it.

This is supposedly just the first of multiple releases. I'll just say I hope that they address the following:
  • EC vs CC books
  • the governor meeting room in Blackthorn castle--you can't hear both sides of the room because of the pillar behind the king
Seriously. That's it. Throw the RP crowd those little bones, please.

On a positive note, I have to say the yarn finally stacking pleases me. That's always been annoying.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
  • the governor meeting room in Blackthorn castle--you can't hear both sides of the room because of the pillar behind the king
That is actually pretty annoying and I would love for them to change that.

(this post was actually posted while 2 manning shadowguard on tc~)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The current publish notes look like a mixed bag to me: some good and obviously needed changes, and some frustrating and/or frivolous ones. I had a much longer post written up, but I just don't see the point. I think I'm just not the target audience. So be it.

This is supposedly just the first of multiple releases. I'll just say I hope that they address the following:
  • EC vs CC books
Seriously. That's it. Throw the RP crowd those little bones, please.

On a positive note, I have to say the yarn finally stacking pleases me. That's always been annoying.
I've been harassing them about the books, not holding my breath though.

The Royal Council room is neat looking in theory, but a terribly impractical design in functionality. I would have gone with a conference style table with Blackthorn at the head, audience seating in rings around it. Keeps the sightlines easy and would use significantly less space.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an FYI, in EC you can filter corpses by name. Does not help, ofc, if all you were on CC.
I was there in EC Pincos but by the time I killed the leftover spawn from the last boss the corpse was old and by the time I found out what his corpse name was and got my filter switched to human corpse I barely got in it before it went public and after they go public in Pinco's I have no idea how you get the corpse names back so all was lost to me also.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Managed to get to the roof, thanks to @Kyronix. Took 3 tamers, using my usual tactics. One had a White Wyrm, one a fire beetle, and one a giant beetle.

Ozymandias: I did have 3 pets on him, but the volume of spawn was greater than anything else. It's nothing to worry about though, so I just went about my business until someone in vent announced a dungeon fight.

Anon: Had one tamer attacking it with Fire Beetle. White Wyrm and Giant Beetle tamers were dealing with the summoned spawn.

Virtuebane: Didn't see him before the aforementioned dungeon fight. But I would guess using an approach similar to what I did for Anon will work, in addition to keeping him e-fielded...and healing my pets.

Juo'nar: For a single person this is ridiculous (as is currently the case now), but for a group it won't be too bad; my usual approach with multiple clients is keeping the other tamers far out of range, command pets to guard, friend them to one tamer, then "all kill" - the other two will aggro as soon as he uses an AoE. The spawn can be a bit hard to handle (the tamer will likely die to all of the AoE's, and Skeletal Dragons do have their 3x dmg on pets ability), but I would recommend a dexer with Whirlwind to deal with it.

Next time I go down I'll bring a Sampire just for the Lich.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The trouble comes when the devs are continuously forced to thwart AFK scripters... which then they overkill and make things only playable by the most elite of players... this leaves the casual players with less and less they can do and what they can do is often not rewarding...

So they play less and less until you are where a lot of us are which is starting to evaluate if it is really worth paying to play anymore... there are less and less things I enjoy in the game... dying dozens of times isn't something I find fun... being pulled into a boss with dozens of AoE mobs like Lich Lords is NOT fun... it's frustrating and annoying.
I feel ya. It really is annoying. Basically 9 out of 10 people I meet are like "Never been there" or "No interest going there" when it comes to these super grindy encounters where you have to bring specific templates instead of what you like to play.

Just like you said: Not fun.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's the access quests that seem to put people off, so many times I hear 'What? I have to do this part EVERY time??' Shadowguard and Zippy both have this effect...
It can quickly become a chore, especially for people that don't have a lot of play time anyway.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's the access quests that seem to put people off, so many times I hear 'What? I have to do this part EVERY time??' Shadowguard and Zippy both have this effect...
It can quickly become a chore, especially for people that don't have a lot of play time anyway.
There are reasons why Navrey (despite not very good loot) and Scalis or even the Ilsh champ spawns (at least when I played more actively) are very popular among casual players. It's a mystery to me why the Dev team does not pick up on that concepts, but then I as well already said so like 100 times :)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh yes we all like a trip to Navrey, it's much less of a second job! I know what you mean, having access quests that are more trouble than the Boss encounter they lead to, seems to lack in logic somehow. :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh yes we all like a trip to Navrey, it's much less of a second job! I know what you mean, having access quests that are more trouble than the Boss encounter they lead to, seems to lack in logic somehow. :(

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very pleased they fixed the bug i submitted about the fiendish AI at shadowguard. Anyone who dislikes it, is basically being fairly selfish, putting their own play-style above that of the community benefits. It's a fairly sorry state where I (a tamer myself) was the one who had to submit the bug report, and even then came across resistance from some people who actually believed that it was working as intended. Just goes to show how easy people brainwash themselves.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am very pleased they fixed the bug i submitted about the fiendish AI at shadowguard. Anyone who dislikes it, is basically being fairly selfish, putting their own play-style above that of the community benefits. It's a fairly sorry state where I (a tamer myself) was the one who had to submit the bug report, and even then came across resistance from some people who actually believed that it was working as intended. Just goes to show how easy people brainwash themselves.
Great You Just ****ed yourself are You are Happy about it

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a fairly sorry state where I (a tamer myself
No, it's a sorry state when this kind of thing (if a bug) can go this long and it has to be pointed out to the team...who evidently dont play their product, or only do it in God mode...