• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Exotic Treasures

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Does it has to be in Fel Destard???
Shoot naw.. I was in Tram but this was the very first day they hit. The spawn rate does seem to have slowed some since then though imo.

btw... anyone heard of some kind of dang skullcap or something that makes maps drop more frequently??? A friend (who is rarely misinformed) said he was told about it a while back.. have been looking around to find some kind of info on it but have came up with nothing...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just killed somewhere around 60 dragons and GDs in destard, plus who knows how many drakes and wyverns, with a disco tamer so they go down pretty fast - and got 2 clever maps - that is a lot slower than yesterday - so fun's over already?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix doesn't want us geting too much of this stuff...strain on the servers and all

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just killed somewhere around 60 dragons and GDs in destard, plus who knows how many drakes and wyverns, with a disco tamer so they go down pretty fast - and got 2 clever maps - that is a lot slower than yesterday - so fun's over already?
Go to the Balrons in Hythloth. Dragons have terrible drop % Or kill Drakes there.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pillar that shoots up when the guardians appear!
who's crazy NOW!
or who's less crazier..... crazy light..... the Diet Coke of Crazy?

Well, the ambushers are coming from Zeala (Pagan) after all, so why couldn't the obelisk guardians? They're beaming through the Void. Just don't let them get to our strategic cow reserves...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
another color.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There should be 3... the one you have above here is the green disk... there is a blue and a void looking disk as well.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There should be 3... the one you have above here is the green disk... there is a blue and a void looking disk as well.
Kinda like these? ;)

(Can't share the rest or you'll figure out my secrets!)

diskcs.jpg

I have been told that these are from the original game...hence the beams of fire and light coming from the mysterious obelisks.....I never was a history buff but this stuff is fascinating!

Oh yeah I did a few trade orders this evening..was only ambushed 3 times and no items...got pinks though! Pfft...for those of you who say you do this for hours and get nothing...my chest full of resources and pinks say otherwise! If you're JUST doing it for the elusive drop...you're doing it wrong! Fill those city coffers and collect your rewards!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those would be the things that the pillars you are noting shoot out from they spawn when the chest is dug up.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
better pic of the fire one and a blue one.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
what the heck are we looking at here?
Doorways!

Thanks for the screen grabs...was gonna attempt to do a few in the EC to get a good zoomed-out shot but.....I just can't do it :/

Maybe someone else would be so kind?? :) Thought maybe they would look cooler in the EC.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doorways!

Thanks for the screen grabs...was gonna attempt to do a few in the EC to get a good zoomed-out shot but.....I just can't do it :/

Maybe someone else would be so kind?? :) Thought maybe they would look cooler in the EC.
I haven't seen any portal above the obelisks in EC, maybe the graphic effect is missing (or maybe I wasn't paying attention )

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I haven't seen any portal above the obelisks in EC, maybe the graphic effect is missing (or maybe I wasn't paying attention )
No those are actually from Ultima VIII, the portals to Pagan. Since they are giving a shout out to Ultima VIII for this event, they used the same colors and similar particle effects for the chests, which I think is prettty neat.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kinda like these? ;)

(Can't share the rest or you'll figure out my secrets!)

View attachment 71215

I have been told that these are from the original game...hence the beams of fire and light coming from the mysterious obelisks.....I never was a history buff but this stuff is fascinating!

Oh yeah I did a few trade orders this evening..was only ambushed 3 times and no items...got pinks though! Pfft...for those of you who say you do this for hours and get nothing...my chest full of resources and pinks say otherwise! If you're JUST doing it for the elusive drop...you're doing it wrong! Fill those city coffers and collect your rewards!
Well, I've filled up an entire pink book and have 175 in another, so I guess I'm "doing it right" ;)

Oh, I've been doing a few maps too but I can't seem to get those cute items of yours to spawn. Any hints, I've tried everything I can think of but can't figure out how you got those. I'd really love one!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well, I've filled up an entire pink book and have 175 in another, so I guess I'm "doing it right" ;)

Oh, I've been doing a few maps too but I can't seem to get those cute items of yours to spawn. Any hints, I've tried everything I can think of but can't figure out how you got those. I'd really love one!
Make sure you are killing things in Destard, Deceit or Hythloth, those are the 3 ~special~ places where the unique maps are spawning. Once you get a map from those places, it will spawn a mysterious obelisk and not a regular treasure chest.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make sure you are killing things in Destard, Deceit or Hythloth, those are the 3 ~special~ places where the unique maps are spawning. Once you get a map from those places, it will spawn a mysterious obelisk and not a regular treasure chest.
Oh, haha, yes, I know that and already have all the normal goodies. I was talking about the colored circle (doorways?) in your post above. I can't seem to get them to appear - they're so cool!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh, haha, yes, I know that and already have all the normal goodies. I was talking about the colored circle (doorways?) in your post above. I can't seem to get them to appear - they're so cool!
Well...see...that's what happens when new stuff comes out and you go to Test Center to hang out with the Devs and give feedback and stuff....sometimes you get rewarded :)

Little sneak peek, nothing more. Expanded my knowledge of Ultima Lore just a little bit and got to see some cool graphics :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how are we supposed to open the Cleverly map chests? Magic Unlock doesn't work on those.
Destroy the fancy-looking top part by bashing it with physical force (earth eles work well). When the top part's been destroyed, use a lockpick to pick the lock of the stone base just as if it were a treasure chest.

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Destroy the fancy-looking top part by bashing it with physical force (earth eles work well). When the top part's been destroyed, use a lockpick to pick the lock of the stone base just as if it were a treasure chest.
thank you! Peeps in chat just told me too. :D This is much better than ambushes, I have a treasure hunter already. yay!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This particular level 5 map was a bit insane. My 5-slot beetle died twice. SIX Blood elementals (one of the red spots is 2 BE corpses) and a lich lord, and the beetle kept running off in kamikaze attacks before I could heal it after rezzes.

2017-08-26.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This particular level 5 map was a bit insane. My 5-slot beetle died twice. SIX Blood elementals (one of the red spots is 2 BE corpses) and a lich lord, and the beetle kept running off in kamikaze attacks before I could heal it after rezzes.

View attachment 71242
I had one that had 4 poison eles, 2 Lich Lords and a Demon... was NASTY! Killed my poor Cu...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Level 5 chest 3... 2 on the level 1 chests... so IMO it's best just to do those ..... easier too I only need my T-Hunter no Dual Clienting with a tamer.
Tamer T-Hunter - no need to dual client.
5 Slot pack beetle for the win!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tamer T-Hunter - no need to dual client.
5 Slot pack beetle for the win!
Sadly my poor T-Hunter isn't that good... he's got
GM Cart
GM Lockpicking
GM Mining
GM Magery
115 I think Music
115 Provo...
No eval...
Med

I think that's it... my other T-Hunter has Peacing instead of Provo...
I think I might have another T-Hunter but I can't say what skills that one might have...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I actually turned my mage tamer into my T-Hunter and have had no problems at all..invis when the chest pops up, all kill..easy peasy.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sadly my poor T-Hunter isn't that good... he's got
GM Cart
GM Lockpicking
GM Mining
GM Magery
115 I think Music
115 Provo...
No eval...
Med

I think that's it... my other T-Hunter has Peacing instead of Provo...
I think I might have another T-Hunter but I can't say what skills that one might have...
i stoned off my Eval and fishing, can swap cart and fishing when the urge to fish takes me.

105 tame (118 with suit)
105 lore (118 with suit)
100 cartography
100 lockpicking
110 magic
100 meditation (110 with scrapper)
100 mining

like mentioned above, pop a invis when the chest pops, take a step or 2 back and then off the beetle and let it chew through the spawn.
so far ive had to problem with chests all the way up to level 5, havnt required Vet and havnt had a pet die yet.

for 6 and 7 chests i probably would not do solo, those are guild events with at least 2 or 3 of us.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i stoned off my Eval and fishing, can swap cart and fishing when the urge to fish takes me.

105 tame (118 with suit)
105 lore (118 with suit)
100 cartography
100 lockpicking
110 magic
100 meditation (110 with scrapper)
100 mining

like mentioned above, pop a invis when the chest pops, take a step or 2 back and then off the beetle and let it chew through the spawn.
so far ive had to problem with chests all the way up to level 5, havnt required Vet and havnt had a pet die yet.

for 6 and 7 chests i probably would not do solo, those are guild events with at least 2 or 3 of us.
Dual Clienting with my Tamer and T-Hunter I can do 6's alone... 7's are a bit more than I can handle.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, my T-Hunter is a plain old mage with a luck suit and I have no problems dealing with lvl 5 maps. Just drop EVs and invis. It does get tricky with lvl 6 and up though.

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's the loot from this stuff? Anything worthwhile?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did four Level 1 maps and got the following from the Plains:

Red Candle
Black Candle
Blackmoor
2 Pumice
Executioner's Cap
Grant Peace scroll
2 Intervention scrolls
I was just going to ask if you can get the candles from level one chests. I got unlucky, and got none in 10 tries.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its randomness is...... random.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Level 5 chest 3... 2 on the level 1 chests... so IMO it's best just to do those ..... easier too I only need my T-Hunter no Dual Clienting with a tamer.
heh cool, I don't need to work my carto up any higher then. :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
heh cool, I don't need to work my carto up any higher then. :p
Nope but after seeing now no less than 2 dozen obelisks about the lands I would ask people to PLEASE be a responsible T-Hunter and clean up your trash... those Obelisks do NOT vanish with the chest if you don't destroy them and use magic unlock to get into the chest ... please destroy the Obelisk... Seeing those things littering the landscape is ugly...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nope but after seeing now no less than 2 dozen obelisks about the lands I would ask people to PLEASE be a responsible T-Hunter and clean up your trash... those Obelisks do NOT vanish with the chest if you don't destroy them and use magic unlock to get into the chest ... please destroy the Obelisk... Seeing those things littering the landscape is ugly...
Also it's proper etiquette to click on the chest (stone base in this case) when you're done and choose "remove chest" to demolish it - or else the next person has to click through layers of old chests to get to the new one

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not a great shot of it but this is the final disk and color:

upload_2017-8-30_3-23-7.png