• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Exotic Treasures

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are pleased to announce that Part II of the Shattered Obelisk is now active on all shards. See the Shattered Obelisk page for more details, EM support events and the latest fiction!

Continue reading...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T-maps?!!?!?!?! i don't even have cartography......*sighs*
Who's thinking this quest arc up??? "Lets do it in 4 parts that only certain people can do certain parts, that will make everyone happy"....lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Anyone else getting "You must defeat the guardians of the chest before you can open it" even though all of the guardians are dead.... :/

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh is that what it means? I got nothing from that at all! :oops:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
so can we use old maps or do we need to go to the three dungeons to get maps??

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Need to find new maps...and look at the thing you dug up...click all over it....and check out the picture I posted on the other thread :) Lets try to keep all this in one place this time! lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No you just hunt stuff in one of those 3 locations and loot the maps

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that sucked!

Went to dungeon, killed and got a new map, dug map up, clicked it endlessly for 15 mins, base of it disappeared, had to physically beat the crap out of remaining part with char's fists (nothing else I tried did dmg) for another 15 mins. It redlined then just disappeared. Ya, that was worth it why? =/

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL..

talk about optimistic :p you know there are going to be 10 different threads again ;)
ERMRG!!!!!!!!

Okay so next topic...what are we all finding in our treasure chests ??? Anything interesting???? ;)

I have found a few interesting things in mine!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
what 3 locations to get maps? does t hunter need to get the map or can anyone get and give to t hunter?

so I guess u need to destroy chest
got obsidian from chest and 2 quest scrolls, grant peace and summon perihelion - clever map was used

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
ERMRG!!!!!!!!

Okay so next topic...what are we all finding in our treasure chests ??? Anything interesting???? ;)

I have found a few interesting things in mine!
So far I have..

Executioners Cap
Pumice
Scroll - Summon Perihelion
Scroll - Intervention

what 3 locations to get maps? does t hunter need to get the map or can anyone get and give to t hunter?

so I got map, dug up the chest/stone base, killed everything. tried to unlock map but says u must defeat the guardians. wth, broken?
Anyone can get map. Gotta kill the thing on top of the base.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The maps were actually the best part of what I tested on TC1. Sad to see the magic unlock bug is still there though o_O

Reactions: Poo

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I've gotten the Summon Perihelion, Intervention, and a Candle. I ran out of maps though, so I need to farm more :p

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
mmm..candle.....wonder what happens when you double-click it?? ;)

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't understand how you guys are piecing together the new lore on uo.com and figuring out where to go/what to do. I didn't think my reading comprehension was that bad... what am I missing?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand how you guys are piecing together the new lore on uo.com and figuring out where to go/what to do. I didn't think my reading comprehension was that bad... what am I missing?
Did you get today's newspaper from your local City Herald?

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmm..candle.....wonder what happens when you double-click it?? ;)
Well, it lights, but it also has a similar description as the stuff found in the ambushes. Requires magery.

"A rather unassuming candle, from what you understand it has some ritualistic use."

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Read the paper....you have to go somewhere and talk to someone....listen to what he says....well READ what he says lol

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have yet to get a single map in Destard. Guild mate had three so we went and did his. On the level 5 we got the message that we could not open the chest till we killed all the guardians, yet they were all dead, so we sat there waiting for the bodies to decay. Still nothing, then he had his pet attack the statue on top of the box, and it vanished leaving just the box, found we could now open the box. Since it was all his I passed any of the weird stuff to him keeping the gold and gems the rest we bag up for our 3rd member of the party to take home. He got some really really weird items in that one. I went back to Destard.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
T-maps?!!?!?!?! i don't even have cartography......*sighs*
Who's thinking this quest arc up??? "Lets do it in 4 parts that only certain people can do certain parts, that will make everyone happy"....lol
Uh..yeah pretty much...it's called team work....you know that extra M in MMO?? It's not a single-player game you know! ;)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This time I got some obsidian... Doesn't say quest item like the rest, or have any sort of description or anything I can see offhand.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This time I got some obsidian... Doesn't say quest item like the rest, or have any sort of description or anything I can see offhand.
Have you paid any attention to what level maps you get that from? Does not look like it spawns in plainly drawn maps.. did get some of the old regs from a Deviously though.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What spawns in the chests is random. You just get more of the new stuff in higher level chests.

So farming plainly drawn maps is one way to get everything, just slowly.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wonder if these are old reagents that were rare and people paid good money for. oh no

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I wonder if these are old reagents that were rare and people paid good money for. oh no
Yeah, they were.. but *shrugs* no biggie imo. That is the risk of collecting 'rares'... what is rare today could be plentiful tomorrow.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had no idea they even gave out newspapers... its not mentioned anywhere in the event arc lore. I guess that's something you're just supposed to know?
Hmm.. You're right... nothing on uo.com tells players to get a newspaper..

@Kyronix Might want to add that to the Shattered Obelisk page!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No because none of the town criers yell it out every time you walk by them.....even if they shout about an event it's still on there, just gotta pay attention!

Even my sherry the mouse statue in my house says it!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Has anybody noticed if the chest contents are related to the dungeons where the maps were found or not?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No because none of the town criers yell it out every time you walk by them.....even if they shout about an event it's still on there, just gotta pay attention!

Even my sherry the mouse statue in my house says it!
They a cycle behind. Still on trade deals.

upload_2017-8-23_18-19-45.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They still say visit the city herald to by a paper though....there is that!