• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Exotic Treasures

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Summon Perihelion, Intervention, Great Peace, Blackmore, Pumice. Havent seen the candle yet does it say quest item as well

And the scroll wont go into the Ritual Tome.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Summon Perihelion, Intervention, Great Peace, Blackmore, Pumice. Havent seen the candle yet does it say quest item as well

And the scroll wont go into the Ritual Tome.
They shouldn't. The Ritual Tome is just deco.

The book they go into comes later.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most of these items don't stack because we aren't supposed to hoard them.

:lol:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
... Are we going to summon effing Pyros?
And why are we getting Pagan spell scrolls?
Battlin was never seen around Sosaria. Why are we jumping to Pagan before even having the Fellowship mentioned? :(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
... Are we going to summon effing Pyros?
And why are we getting Pagan spell scrolls?
Battlin was never seen around Sosaria. Why are we jumping to Pagan before even having the Fellowship mentioned? :(
Bringing in the Guardian, who was the power behind Batlin, would be like bringing in Thanos, Galactus or Darkseid.

While they could use him in UO as a puppetmaster pulling the strings of the other big bands behind the scenes, it would have to be handled very carefully and the events surrounding it be epic beyond all measure. I'd settle for his involvement if it were played off as his attempt to corrupt the shards with the goal of weakening Sosaria Prime and/or the Avatar. But, really, it would be the pinnacle of UO's plot. Hard to go forward from there...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bringing in the Guardian, who was the power behind Batlin, would be like bringing in Thanos, Galactus or Darkseid.

While they could use him in UO as a puppetmaster pulling the strings of the other big bands behind the scenes, it would have to be handled very carefully and the events surrounding it be epic beyond all measure. I'd settle for his involvement if it were played off as his attempt to corrupt the shards with the goal of weakening Sosaria Prime and/or the Avatar. But, really, it would be the pinnacle of UO's plot. Hard to go forward from there...
But they are bringing Pagan, a world The Guardian controls completely, so much he banished The Avatar there after the events of Serpent Island.
This has Guardian written all over it. :(

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Went to Deceit second level killed lichs got 12 adept maps in an hour and half

killed 120 lick, so seems like you get 1 map every 10 kills on average

My character has zero luck

I also got an old world my and 10th luck statue drop

Now time to dig them up....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Went to Deceit second level killed lichs got 12 adept maps in an hour and half

killed 120 lick, so seems like you get 1 map every 10 kills on average

My character has zero luck

I also got an old world my and 10th luck statue drop

Now time to dig them up....
I think the spawn type determines map or never a map.

Drakes get Adept

Dragons Clever

Wyrems Expert

Gazer and gargoyle Plain

Daemons Clever

Lich Adeptly

snakes water eles Hell hound Imps Nada

Thats what my small sample size found.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But they are bringing Pagan, a world The Guardian controls completely, so much he banished The Avatar there after the events of Serpent Island.
This has Guardian written all over it. :(
It's possible they're bringing him in, I just don't see him as being a major player outside being an interdimensional puppetmaster.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so im assuming you CANT DO THIS in FEL?
im assuming this because i was killing dragons and greaters in fel and after 52 of them i finally got a map (for fel) and went and dug it up and got nothing.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im assuming this because i was killing dragons and greaters in fel and after 52 of them i finally got a map (for fel) and went and dug it up and got nothing.
Correct.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Right tried it on TC1 it's a no.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
would have been nice if it said somewhere in the write up, "oh, and by the way, not on the dark side"

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone help me out

I haven't done tmaps in years not sure if something has changed

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't find any treasures I have been try to dig up the chest for over 3 hours I tried 2 spots
Dropped maps in davies locker to get cords it only gives two one was 71N 23E I was on that spot looked exactly like map nothing
Is the spot on the red dot or the end of the needle
I have shovel tried clicking on map then dig tried the gump on the map then dig
Did this with two different maps

Also is there a way to set up a macro to dig of the map in the CC

3 hours of nothing is not fun at all I'm sure I'm ding something wrong lol

Thanks in advance !

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone help me out

I haven't done tmaps in years not sure if something has changed

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't find any treasures I have been try to dig up the chest for over 3 hours I tried 2 spots
Dropped maps in davies locker to get cords it only gives two one was 71N 23E I was on that spot looked exactly like map nothing
Is the spot on the red dot or the end of the needle
I have shovel tried clicking on map then dig tried the gump on the map then dig
Did this with two different maps

Also is there a way to set up a macro to dig of the map in the CC

3 hours of nothing is not fun at all I'm sure I'm ding something wrong lol

Thanks in advance !
Do you have mining by chance? GM mining will let you dig the chest up when you're close enough, instead of exactly on the X.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do but it's not on this character I dropped vet for cartography not sure what other skill I can drop on my tamer to fit it in

It seem strange to make it so difficult to find these treasures

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can decode with carto and then stone carto and put on another skill while digging up the maps - and you don't need lockpicking for the lower level maps (below clever), since they open with magic unlock

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
FYI, it seems once you remove the unique item from the chest and close it, you can't open it again to loot anymore
Edit: This only happens about half the time

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The maps are adept and I read them on onther character but then I had to transfer the skill over to open it on my tamer

Or are saying read the map leave it open stone skill add mining ?

I am still trying to find the same spot for hours I thinking this has to be a bug ?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Only the character that decoded the map can dig it up, but you don't have to leave the carto skill on after you decode the map

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I'm screwed lol I read them all on anther character transfered skill over to a different character and re-read it

The first character has no scrolls added he's just a crafter

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just have to say @Kyronix... this part of the Story is like 100X more fun... Doing those Trade Deals since you almost never get an item is like tedium and I want to /wrists... but this... where I gather maps go dig them up and GET SOMETHING EVERYTIME!!!!! Is WAY more fun and rewarding... I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've not tried that, two characters decoding the same maps. If the second character was able to open the maps, that character should also now be able to dig them up. In other words, whatever character last decoded the map will be the one who can open it again to dig it up

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just have to say @Kyronix... this part of the Story is like 100X more fun... Doing those Trade Deals since you almost never get an item is like tedium and I want to /wrists... but this... where I gather maps go dig them up and GET SOMETHING EVERYTIME!!!!! Is WAY more fun and rewarding... I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something.
+1
I got a quest item candle, quest item spell scroll or new reagent (pumice, blackmoor) out of all eight chests I did tonight (expert through devious, all from destard)
Also, I got a blue scroll out of 7 of the 8 chests; I usually one blue scroll out of every six chests. Not sure if that's just a very unusual run of luck or a trend.
Edit: Updated numbers

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for your help I'll try swapping cart for mining tomorrow almost 4 hours of digging to not find it is nvm ......

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you for your help I'll try swapping cart for mining tomorrow almost 4 hours of digging to not find it is nvm ......
ya but thats T-hunting not the event.
your trying to hobble through a profession that most people who do have a dedicated player that does it and have the skills tailored to do it.
myself i can look at a map (or put in the Davies Locker) and go to the site and usually hit the chest on the first hit.
but sometimes it take s a bit - even with GM mining.

a lot of it is being able to figure out that damn pin on the map.
the treasure is not where the pin goes into the ground, its not even where the big red bulb on the end of the pin is.
you have to draw an imaginary line from the base of the pin and go to the right, then another down from the red part of the pin.
where those meet is where the chest is.

why they couldnt put the chest where the pin actually is is anyone's guess.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any tips for digging up chest? I decode the map, put it dave jones locker got the coordinates. Using the EC went to the exact coordinates dug all around the place and nothing. This Arc has not been fun but frustrating to me.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They a cycle behind. Still on trade deals.

View attachment 71109
Am I the only one who thinks it is a huge flavor fail to have the HERALD give out a paper called TOWN CRYER and the acutal town cryers? Never mind that it would have been less confusing to talk about, if the newspaper wouldn't have the same name as a common NPC. Oh well... *sighs*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
:confused:

Ummm... was @MalagAste hacked? :p

Heheheeee... just kidding around with ya. Am glad you are having fun with this part of the arc! Great to see you :cheerleader: a lil :)

Any tips for digging up chest? I decode the map, put it dave jones locker got the coordinates. Using the EC went to the exact coordinates dug all around the place and nothing. This Arc has not been fun but frustrating to me.
Once I get the map out of the locker I go to the area and place a bandage at every corner of the area it says so I can see where the full grid is. Once I do that I just go one tile at at time and dig until I hit it. There is no rhyme or reason to where the actual dig site is in the box. At times it is close to one of the "lines" at times in the center, just completely random.

Just for a little more info on the bandage deal for anyone that needs/wants it....

(first for those who don't know the numbers that are displayed in the Locker are the 'minutes')
if the coordinates from Davie's Locker says something like 61N 59E.. I go until I find there the 61N and closest to 0 seconds line is by using a sextant

- note: the coordinates displayed are X minutes and Y seconds for both compass points- there will be 2 different displays of numbers when you hit the sextant but you are looking for the same type coordinates that are on the map

then I walk that straight line until I hit the 59E and closest to 0 seconds then I stick a bandage there. Once I do that I continue along the 61N line and watch for the number closest to 60 seconds and stick a bandage there. Once I find the line that is closest to 60 seconds I continue along that line towards where the 59E line increases in number to where it is closest to the 60 and stick a bandage there... Once I have the 3 corners marked the 4th one is easy to see where it goes to complete the square so I place one there. Then I walk a single tile, dig.. walk another single tile, dig... and keep on until I find it.

I am sure there are probably easier ways out there (like UO Cartographer) but I try not to stick a lot of accessory type stuff on my comp. The Client and UOAssist is more than enough for me.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use spellweaving Summon Reaper then invis when guardians pop. Has anyone found any other necro regs besides Blackmore Obsidian and Pumice?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got an Executioner's Cap (as well as the other 3 reagents), both candles, and 3 different scrolls (Summon Perhelion, Grant Peace & Intervention).

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And they really need to make maps either different or clickable in trade as I can see the scams running already.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2.5 hours and 3400 scrolls got me to 71.0 cart I was then able to find 1 out of 5 chests with no mining and got 2 of the new content items. So I will be training some mining tonight, hope that goes as quick as the cartography did. 50+ mining should minimize my flailing around a bit lol. Minimal effort so far but I knew all those years ago I should have made a t-hunter instead of a fisherman.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2.5 hours and 3400 scrolls got me to 71.0 cart I was then able to find 1 out of 5 chests with no mining and got 2 of the new content items. So I will be training some mining tonight, hope that goes as quick as the cartography did. 50+ mining should minimize my flailing around a bit lol. Minimal effort so far but I knew all those years ago I should have made a t-hunter instead of a fisherman.
Who knows, maybe for stage 3 we'll have to fish up something special!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kylie Kinslayer I give credit where it's due when it's do....

I do find gathering maps slaughtering things here and there and going to find them digging them up and actually finding an item each and every time fun and rewarding... I do work I get a reward... seems far more enjoyable than doing hours and hours of work and having nothing to show when your done.

As for the map locations I had ONE so far that quite honestly I went and must have tried 100 times to find the "spot"... checking rechecking and checking again... actually put it in a davies locker and tried to find it even... I almost gave up but then managed to hit it finally.... even with GM Mining on it seemed VERY illusive... but I did find it... perseverance pays off I guess.