• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Baby it's cold outside, lets stay indoors and babble" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Tiny bit of hail, but at the same time it's sunny.... typical Dutch weird weather.
Unexpectd early home today. Quiet day at work.

G

I don't think we had any snow this morning (I didn't get up till late though
).
It was pretty cold though

G

g'morning

gotta go out in a few minutes, walk the dog etc. Looks cold out there, maybe I should get him a treadmill instead?

I

imported_Wishbone

'Tis cold out there but nice in the sun and the fresh air will do ya good.
Don't forget the dog
*runs*

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

lol! Good afternoon funny fellow babblers!
The dragons can bond today!

G

ello.

been reading the proposed changes to pet balls and pet AI. I'll have to do some experimenting when they make it as far as test centre.

I have reservations about the AI changes. I've a feeling they're OTT as usual.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Typical whiny Tamer.................

Does this mean my Fire Beetle won't attack Mongbats through walls anymore?

G

That's the theory.

However, as it stands, he will stand in the middle of a brigand spawn and let them beat the hell out of him too. Which is why I have reservations about it.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If he's in the middle of a Brigand spawn he'll be stood next to me so I'll mount him

No problem there

I

imported_Wishbone

<blockquote><hr>

If he's in the middle of a Brigand spawn he'll be stood next to me so I'll mount him

No problem there

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that legal?

G

afternoon all. i've had a very boring day. i decided that i really should have a go with this kr thing, so i downloaded it last night, and spent this afternoon waiting for it to download and install patches. after 5hrs straight, it finally sorted it all out and i was able to log in. urgh, argh, bleugh, etc etc etc. it was horrible. slow, chuggy, and poor cail couldn't seem to stop running around. hubby was in my house - he was moving around and watching on my screen and his. it was taking a good 5 seconds for his char on my screen to catch up to his char on his screen. i then logged into 2d, stabled the swampie, then logged back into kr and tried to recall to haven. at which point it completely froze up and i gave up. it's very pretty etc etc, but no thank you, i'll stick to my good old 2d. i can at least move freely and quickly in that, and it only freezes if i need to run a disc clean and defrag. all in all, big thumbs down.

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Thx for sharing your latest experiences Cail! Think we'll delay trying more of it for a while longer then, hehe. Is it still stick figures with tiny heads in KR?

Yesterday read abt those pet ball changes, not so nice for stealth tamers... Unhiding AND long animation, and somehow they still say it won't affect PvM much??!! Bizarre...
(Not that we have a stealth tamer, but were thinking of training one, for things like Citadel.)

G

good morning.

I can run KR, but I have to make quite a few changes to the settings to do it. The default loads with everything at high, which won't work unless you've got an uber pc.
Here are my settings if anyone wants to try them:

Settings for KR:

Graphics card/monitor - 16 bit colour

KR -
Sound:
Music off
Graphics:
windowed
show frame - unchecked
flexible desktop - checked
show shadows - unchecked
particle detail - low
mob animation cache - 8
disc cache 128
minimum free system memory 5
no idle animation - checked
Options:
object handle filter - dynamic - 50
Interface:
All chat delay settings 5 sec.

I'd play it more if the freeform back pack was more useable and the targetting system allowed me to specific - target my pets for vetting.

G

<blockquote><hr>

good morning.

I can run KR, but I have to make quite a few changes to the settings to do it. The default loads with everything at high, which won't work unless you've got an uber pc.
Here are my settings if anyone wants to try them:

Settings for KR:

Graphics card/monitor - 16 bit colour

KR -
Sound:
Music off
Graphics:
windowed
show frame - unchecked
flexible desktop - checked
show shadows - unchecked
particle detail - low
mob animation cache - 8
disc cache 128
minimum free system memory 5
no idle animation - checked
Options:
object handle filter - dynamic - 50
Interface:
All chat delay settings 5 sec.

I'd play it more if the freeform back pack was more useable and the targetting system allowed me to specific - target my pets for vetting.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks petra, i'll give those a go and see what happens. tho i'm not optomistic. the basic fact that i can't pull my spells out of my book means that it's not attractive to me.

I

imported_Seasseragh

<blockquote><hr>

tho i'm not optomistic. the basic fact that i can't pull my spells out of my book means that it's not attractive to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s what the hotbars are for. Uh... create macro tab in options, I think (been a while). And you can make more of the hot-bars too.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all

Any Babbler wanting a Keep?

Trammel, Ice Island........just in front of my Castle

G

I'd say yes, I would love a keep, but I prefer my 18x18's...

Otherwise, 'morning all!

G

My sleep pattern was a little off, so I forced myself to sleep for about 14 hours

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was working

Feel free to Babble without me..................

G

I got no excuse.

Been working my new dragon, watching his skill points go up in total fascination, wondering when they'll stop! His wrestling hit GM and just kept going, it's a fraction over 114 now.

K

Kayne

Wow thats some dragon you got there petra. Is the control % for the new dragons any different to normal ones?

G

Taming requirement for the 'greater' dragons is 104.7, so yes, they do take more to control. I think something like 110/110 tame/lore.

Since I'm a glutton for punishment and took both skills to 120, I didn't realise till I read it posted.

K

Kayne

Oh well no greater drags for me. Not going to reach 120 in this millenium

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

How much is that keep? Guess we'd need 3 milleniums to get aything near such prices, hehe.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever the deed costs.......it's an empty space

Or it was this morning

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HELP!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know of any decent pubs / restaurants in Farnborough, Hampshire?

I'm stuck here for the week, and I've only been here 3 hours and I'm bored already.

I

imported_Wishbone

Wrong end of the County for me, but you are quite welcome to drive south for 40 mins and I'll buy you a pint or three and put you up afterwards

G

<blockquote><hr>

Seem to be missing the storm......

[/ QUOTE ]

it's missed us completely so far. beautiful sunshine again today, with a breeze, but nothing spectacular

G

afternoon

We seem to have been getting spells of it hammering it down, inter spaced with sunshine.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The weather has certainly improved since the weekend. Bright, but chilly today, whereas on Sunday...

I arrived at the "Hotel Been There Before - Rather Pleasant" in Farnborough, to be greeted by a worried-looking hotelier who said "Sorry, you can't stay here as the roof's blown off and the rooms are filing with rain. Don't worry though; I have managed to get you booked in to "Hotel Skanky" which is on the other side of town."

It's almost a pleasure to have "homework" to do in the evenings, as struggling to learn new software packages is taking my mind off fretting about my surroundings. (Beer also helps
)

**please note**

Names have been changed to protect the innocent (and the not-so-innocent)

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Good luck during your stay there Fluffi!! Hang in there!!!

And as usual..... gaaaah, NEED MORE TIME!!

G

g'morning.

Not sure if this zoo project idea is going to fly, I'm hopeless at organising stuff. Wouldn't be the first time I'd had an idea that flopped cos I couldn't get people together in the right place at the right time.

I

imported_Wishbone

Morning, I had a thought, might be good job for a stealth herder, luring the big Drags away or bringing drakes to the tamers in a safe ish spot

Status
Not open for further replies.