• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Baby it's cold outside, lets stay indoors and babble" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The tinfoil hat brigade won, the files have been removed, pending triple checking the legality of offering them.

G

pah, pah and thrice pah.

Afternoon all.
I'm being reminded of why I hate computers at times - I got the bits through for my first new machine in 4 years yesterday and it all went brilliently.
Right up until about 11pm when I went to put in the second ram module and started having problems, problems that have continued after I removed the module.
It looks like it's a motherboard or cpu problem as it's crashing in the bios

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Good luck getting the thing to work Nilrem!!

and to be honest i didn't fully understand the tinfoil hat brigade posts... I can see it is pah! but didn't quite catch what exactly is pah... Has to do with UOAM? Another post?

I

imported_Seasseragh

While upsetting Petra surely is reason enough, a more elaborate answer might be in order?

I don´t use UOAM, so I didn´t follow the matter to close, but I think it was that Stratics hosted the Update-files and took them down again to check if they´re safe. People worried about comp security = tinfoilhat-brigade

G

I provided the files. They're safe. Problem lies in the legality of offering them. The New Haven maps are fine, the new version of the common.map is fine, it's the fix for ML that's a possible problem.

It seems likely that although it was ok to post how to change the .exe file using a hex editor back in 2005, it might not be ok to offer the actual changed .exe. Zigzag is following up on it to make sure.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all.............................................

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Good morning!! Still recovering from the filled Zoo party?
Well, off to tame more drakes, hehe. Should get 10 before we need to catch our train to Apeldoorn for birthday celebrations.
Have a great weekend all!!!

G

Morning!

...and welcome back to the board, John (haven´t seen you posting for a while) Does this mean that Scrumpy Jack will continue to do scrumpy things now
?

Blueberry has just woken up with a slight headache, but with good memories from the party last night. Hopefully she´ll be up and running and taming unicorns in a few hours...

G

Afternoon all:)

Does anyone have any pics of the beer garden?
I've posted in UOHall about the loss of it, but cannot find any pics of what it looked like (I've got several of the edge of it from inside the inn. but none of it in full).

G

I've seen piccies of it lots of times, but I can't find one now.

Took Locrian to play with white wyrms this afternoon, get some scales.

So, I send him in to start on the next one while I loot the one he just finished, look up and there's 2 red dragons coming towards me! Total confusion for a moment, then I realise that one of the 'red dragons' is actually a blackrock infected white wyrm, coming at me full tilt with Locrian in hot pursuit.

I put the blackrock for tonight in Piper's bag way too early.

G

good morning

Plan for tonight is:
Empty all superfluous items from back pack
Taking: One musical instrument, 5 orange petals, 500 bandages, 1 insured talisman of bandage summoning, 5 pieces blackrock. 1 very large red dragon.
Wearing: Crafted dull copper resist armour, fully charged, insured, arcane boots, cloak and robe. This trip the luck armour stays home.

G

i too will be emptying my pack - then i'll be filling it up again! hubby made a char to go and watch on the american shards last night, which has prompted me to post on the Saor forum that i'll be setting up a rallying/first aid point in one of the buildings after the start of the event. we'll have basic supplies with us, so if anyone is running short of anything, grab someone with a Saor guild tag and ask for directions to the building we're set up in

H

Hoody

30 Greater Healing 30 Greater Cure 30 Str - Berserker Scythe - Pixie Swatter - 10 Orange petals - 10 Trinsic petals - 5 pieces of blackrock - mixed temp for high damage output - i want a cloak

G

According to Draconi's most recent posts even non-spellcasters can use armageddon on the ethy shadowlords.

For those that don't know it, this is the spell

Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym

G

Welcome to babble central!

PS. Your name sounds familiar. Do you happen to be the guy Blueberry met in Destard a while ago (when she took a break from taming drakes and got megawhacked by greater dragons)?

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Yes, give him cake I saye!! Welcome aboard hellbrass!! Was a relaxing weekend at our folks, lovely!

G

Garrison Darker

Good evening

Tried to log in today and seems my account is frozen, I think I may have cancelled the card I use to pay for UO.
Have seriously thought about not bothering setting it up again, especially with the limited time I have, but decided I will make an effort to come back to UO (just to break up the monotony of all those WoW dailies)

Hope everyone is well, see you in Sosaria soon(ish)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

pfft, any excuse for cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Morning all............................

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning Wishy

We'll be due a new Babble Thread soon

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Good evening

Tried to log in today and seems my account is frozen, I think I may have cancelled the card I use to pay for UO.
Have seriously thought about not bothering setting it up again, especially with the limited time I have, but decided I will make an effort to come back to UO (just to break up the monotony of all those WoW dailies)

Hope everyone is well, see you in Sosaria soon(ish)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh!

Mr D is coming back.

UO needs more NMA fans.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Just popped here to say that, I'm new here! So, Hi everybody!

[/ QUOTE ]

Go away. You're not wanted here.

Sorry. I'm just trying to keep-up my reputation as "the embarrassing one that everybody else would like to keep locked-up, out of sight, in a deep cellar."

G

Another April Fools Day behind me... Thank god...

I don't hate it...
Well, I do. But not as much as I do, say, a Salmonella/Appendicitis combo.

I can, however, appreciate a good, witty April Fools joke.
Legend of Zelda movie? Tauren Space Marines? Battle of Amon Hen? Google and Virgin teaming up to settle on Mars? Flying Penguins?
All fine. I even got a few laughs out of them, which is saying something.

Far too much emotional coercion, in most April Fools, these days.
If someone messages me, saying that they have a particular medical condition. I'm left either being sympathetic to their plight, as anyone who is a caring human being should do, and thereby being the fool. Or, not falling for the joke, and coming across as an insensitive jerk.

Allow me to introduce you to Kimi; insensitive jerk du jour, who has grown sick and tired of believing practically every announcement she's read today is a lie, and more so, being right every time.

G

99% of April Fool jokes quite simply aren't funny.

Trying to sort my vendors out, I've got 3 black boxes from blackrock infected creatures to sell. Do you think I could charge a bit extra for the one from a white wyrm? I sell them empty though.

G

Afternoon all

Kimi I tend to dislike most april fools as well, largely because most of them are pretty badly done, and usually not very funny.

I'm in a slightly better mood today than recently, I think i've got my new PC running ok

It looks like Crucial have several revisions of the RAM I used, from different factories - the ram that was made in the States didn't work properly, but the replacement made in Singapore seems to work ok (it also has a slightly different part number and a couple of other minor differences in appearance).

I've also managed to get the shell of my new DVD storage units/chest of drawers finished, after much cursing when I realised (after applying the glue) that i'd put the biscuits in the wrong side of the joints. Now i've "just" got to make the drawers to go in it (that should should be slightly easier).

*See's Carpentry go up 0.1%*

G

hehe - where we used to live, there was a man who was so bad at flatpack assembly, he'd pay someone else £100 per day to do it for him! i've also seen a competant engineer reduced to sheer gibbering frustration at his inability to take the hungry hippo game out of the box and put it together for the kids to play. frustration moved to rage and the need for a stiff whiskey when his pregnant girlfriend looked at it, then put it together in about 3.5 minutes flat!

G

Flatpack furniture is evil when it comes from certain retailers

I remember my dad's face when I got a Dungeons and Dragons (cartoon) castle when I was about 8 or 9, and he's pretty handy

I personally believe a lot of instructions for toys and furniture are written by the Gibbers of the Amazon and then translated word by word first to Japanese, then German and finally to English.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning babblers and bableresses!

<blockquote><hr>

Morning Wishy

We'll be due a new Babble Thread soon

[/ QUOTE ]

I am back on the boards after a looong break. Do I get cake, too?

Anyway, what do I see after not visiting for ages? Still the same old babble thread! Slow start for the new year .... so what's the babble these days?

G

Xorartep has one new song, she's not tried it out in public yet.

it's called 'Do you know the way to Skara Brae?'

[title and idea unrepentantly nicked from the advert on UOA]

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

so what's the babble these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow...........

G

<blockquote><hr>

I personally believe a lot of instructions for toys and furniture are written by the Gibbers of the Amazon and then translated word by word first to Japanese, then German and finally to English.

[/ QUOTE ]Or from him east decoder comes he to him, but the execution for me is the average price, the one in charge exceeds with them does not finish
to work of a well-educated supposed way in the whole end in gibbers the Amazon to it.

Hoowah!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Or from him east decoder comes he to him, but the execution for me is the average price, the one in charge exceeds with them does not finish
to work of a well-educated supposed way in the whole end in gibbers the Amazon to it.

Hoowah!

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're the one that wrote the instruction manual for my sisters wardrobe;) (that is scarily like some of the instructions i've come across, not to mention some of the bootlegged anime i've seen clips of).

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hoowah!

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're the one that wrote the instruction manual for my sisters wardrobe;) (that is scarily like some of the instructions i've come across, not to mention some of the bootlegged anime i've seen clips of).

[/ QUOTE ]Thank MultiBabel.
The joys of a page that automatically runes a given sentence through a number of translations.
Or... as it would say:
Report/ratio that the affirmation, that one the pagination contents is automated, worked was determined of some conversions.

I had a mainboard that was made in Taiwan, some time ago...
It came with "ANTI-CRUSH", which promised that you would "never loss data".
That's just from the sticker on the chip... I never figured out what it was supposed to be, since the technical details were indecipherable... I think it was supposed to be IDDQD for my PC :/

Status
Not open for further replies.