• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Baby it's cold outside, lets stay indoors and babble" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Apologies in advance... >.<

<center>

The quake is a lie...</center>

G

<blockquote><hr>

Am I the only one who likes mining?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i quite like mining too. and lumberjacking. and my 4yr old son loves to mine for mummy. i get him all set up with a 'use last' macro and let him go

G

<blockquote><hr>

Apologies in advance... &gt;.&lt;

<center>

The quake is a lie...</center>

[/ QUOTE ]
That is terrible, I should send you to your room, without your companion cube

G

<blockquote><hr>

...my 4yr old son loves to mine for mummy. i get him all set up with a 'use last' macro and let him go

[/ QUOTE ]How long does it take, after spawning, for an infant to mature to become an autonomous MMO drone?
This is relevant to my interests.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That is terrible, I should send you to your room, without your companion cube

[/ QUOTE ]Yes.
Yes, it is.

But, a laptop and WLAN mean that won't be rid of me

G

There's a paragon dragon by the mountain North West of the Valor champ spawn with 9000+hp! I'm not tackling that!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

...my 4yr old son loves to mine for mummy. i get him all set up with a 'use last' macro and let him go

[/ QUOTE ]How long does it take, after spawning, for an infant to mature to become an autonomous MMO drone?
This is relevant to my interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll let you know when he gets there - he'll be 5yrs next week, so a little while yet i think.

my only serious worry is - what happens if i nip off to the loo or to make some coffee or something? he's in gaelic medium, so although he speaks english, he only recognises words in gaelic. if a gm comes along, i'm probably gonna get suspended for unattended macroing!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tell him to respond in Gaelic to any questions..........

G

lo all

well, I am now officially an 'articulated granny'. We bought a shopping trolly to carry the shopping home in.

I

imported_Seasseragh

<blockquote><hr>

Why would she take a duck shopping?

[/ QUOTE ]

They know all the good shops?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That can be faintly amusing, but an awful lot of hard work.

When I got paged-on for having an "offensive" name for my thief, I told the GM what the name meant, but he wouldn't believe me. I had to find an online translation service, and direct him there, to convince him otherwise.

G

Options &gt; macro &gt; say - 'hello, can I help you?'

(or something else appropriate)

Tie to handy hot key

Instruct son, if anyone comes, press that key and shout for mommy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That can be faintly amusing, but an awful lot of hard work.

When I got paged-on for having an "offensive" name for my thief, I told the GM what the name meant, but he wouldn't believe me. I had to find an online translation service, and direct him there, to convince him otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure they'd have a problem with gaelic, as one of the devs clearly knows his/her celtic myths. cu sidhe (pronunciation, in gaelic, would be, i think cooshid or cooshi) cu is gaelic for dog, the word sidhe is used to refer to 'the old ones' or the faeries. they don't seem to have a problem with the guild name being gaelic, or some of the guild titles either.

what was the name yours they had a problem with fluffi?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Options &gt; macro &gt; say - 'hello, can I help you?'

(or something else appropriate)

Tie to handy hot key

Instruct son, if anyone comes, press that key and shout for mommy.

[/ QUOTE ]

good idea, i'll do that. i'm normally with him, but sometimes nip off for a few mins. eldest does some bod filling, keg runs and poisoning training for me sometimes, but that's hidden, in the house, so no worries

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Good evening all!! Found a simple job, so less UO time soon again... But stopping the savings dropping.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lleidr Gneiwisch... "Sneak Thief" in Welsh / Yiddish.

I stole from someone, who responded by paging on me using the "it's foreign, so it's bound to be just a way to circumvent the naming ToS" argument.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I stole from someone, who responded by paging on me using the "it's foreign, so it's bound to be just a way to circumvent the naming ToS" argument.

[/ QUOTE ]Ah, yes... The unwritten PvP special attack...
Summon GM

Anyway, 'morning all.
I have to clear a drain at some point today.
I was supposed to do it yesterday, but I fell asleep

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, so a sore loser, rather than a real problem. there's been one of those down in fel despise yesterday. some people just whine. sad, but true.

G

noes babbles for 11 hours?! *is shocked* what have people been up too today to equate to no babbles?

G

awww no fair!

*humpf*

i didnt want to go to a party and have stupid cake anyways!

G

good morning people.

Am now surfing with Firefox........both our boys have been trying to persuade Terry to use it for years!

G

What do you think of it?

Personally, I could never go back to IE, if I had a choice in the matter. If I didn't have a choice, it would be a difficult transition.

Also, *Yawn*
Morning

G

Not that much different tbh up to yet, spellchecker's nice though.

What else can it do that ie doesn't, that I might have a use for?

G

I don't know about the latest IEs, but firefox has add-ons, that can do all sorts of stuff, for example:
DownThemAll is a download manager, with resumption and all. Since I've started using it, I've never needed to look at another manager.
Adblock Plus is an ad-blocker, which allows subscription to maintained lists of advertisers, plus manual addition. It can also be used to block images, like sigs you may not appreciate, etc.

There's the tabbed browsing, which I gather was in the latest IE. Middle-click on a link to open it in a new tab, and middle-click on a tab to close it.
Live bookmarks, which I think you already have one at install, for BBC news? Basically, a drop-down list of links, taken from an RSS feed.
There's also the search box in the upper right (which may have been in IE, I don't know). You can add search engines to it, which you can then select to use, and perform searches with the selected one, by typing the search in that box. It doesn't sound that useful, but I couldn't live without it.

A downside would be that it adheres to the W3C standards, moreso than IE. So pages that may have looked fine in IE might not in Firefox, due ti IE creatively interpretting the code.
Plus, there are some sites that have functionality that flat-out won't work in Firefox. But that's thankfully rare.

G

oh, ta. The adblock sounds useful. Sometimes there's a siggie on here I'd rather not be subjected to, but I don't want to turn them all off.

G

it also has an irc plug in, chatzilla and ones for using message boards (bbcode extra, which adds options for things like img tags, pasting as images, urls etc when on message boards).

G

morning all

i started using firefox the year before last and i'll never use ie again. it was crashing all over the place and took an age to load. firefox is just soooo much better.

seen on a button badge - 'the day microsoft makes something that doesn't suck, it'll be a hoover'

G

Oooh Firefox plugins, I love 'em. In particular NoScript (lets webpages run only those scripts you want to allow), Foxmarks (bookmark scynchronizer, particularly useful if you have more than one machine you want to have the same bookmarks on), and, for dealing with those IE-only sites, IE Tab, which allows you to pretend you're running IE when you're not, at the click of an icon. Plus so many more

G

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!! kimikimikimikimi!!! best vid on youtube eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMGOOSES!

*wets himself and searches for a download of the mp3*

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Never looked into firefox actually... not that clever with comps here...

Goodnight all!! Was a fruitful and satisfying day!

G

good morning.

Xorartep got the hanging studded tunic last night!
Only the second time I've found that. First one is hanging on the workroom wall at the tavern.

Only one problem, haven't the faintest idea what to price it at on the vendor.

K

Kith Kanan

Good morning and grats on the loot , cant help you on the price there , the few I have are from idoc's

"still tirred goes back to sleep"

I

imported_Wishbone

Morning babble peeps of Europa

Well done to Xorartep, sneaky little beggar

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Morning all... *yaaaaawn!* Wish we could go back to sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.