• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SUPERNOVA NERF POLL

Should Supernova potions now activate with a one second delay at the use location?

• Total voters

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@drcossack and @CovenantX

Why do you guys keep saying novas are unavoidable? It is mind boggling. You need to be within 4/5 tiles for them to go off. Therefore, they are very avoidable. I have had people near red lined and they just ran away and I could not catch up to blow the nova and finish them off as they healed up to full via pots/bandaids.

If someone can get out of the small range it has- that is avoiding it. And it is not hard to get out of range and stay out of range. Period.

I am not saying I don't think Novas could use a tweak. I rather liked chads idea of base 10 damage (I would have gone with 12). And then 1 point for every 10 alchemy.
That's because they are thinking about when someone is standing next to you and using a supernova potion, at that point it is unavoidable. And yes, they have a point. If your opponent is standing next to you and uses a supernova, you can't avoid it, it's instant. But they fail to grasp that you can avoid that situation entirely by anticipating and avoiding it- which smart pvp'ers do when they are low/half life/etc.

Like one side usually does on these forums, they are zero'ing in on one detail, and negating the big picture.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
2 days ago the SDI for parry mages would have been 25 SDI. At current it is 20SDI.
I thought they were including parry in the list of "non-focus mage skills"? Are they doing that AND also increasing the base sdi cap?

Can you give me a link to where they discuss these changes. I've just been going by what people have been saying.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone can get out of the small range it has- that is avoiding it. And it is not hard to get out of range and stay out of range. Period.
If they can get out of the small range it has, chances are it's because they're already out of its range.

But EVERYONE can use them. What makes supernovas overpowered?
You just made my case for me. If they weren't that good, they wouldn't be so widely used. But they are.

When you look at the big picture, you will see that templates are incredibly defensive now a days. Archers not only have healing and potions but bushido heals as well. Mages not only have potions and parrying, but healing as well. Melee Dexxers have bushido, parry, and usually a whole bunch of other defensive skills. When you look at the big picture, you will see that supernovas help EVERYONE (not just people with alchemy) overcome the overly defensiveness and the template miss-matches of today's game.
And there it is, your favorite phrase. Ok, Dexers can't usually fit Alchemy, although I'm sure there are a few out there that do have it, whether it's the rare melee or the more common Archer. I'll give you that. But when a single consumable is so good that it's used by nearly everyone, wouldn't you, potential bias aside, think it's a problem? Others either have a timer (heal pots/apples), aren't the best option (cure for higher levels of poison), or are only situational (Refresh.)

I thought they were including parry in the list of "non-focus mage skills"? Are they doing that AND also increasing the base sdi cap?

Can you give me a link to where they discuss these changes. I've just been going by what people have been saying.
It was a -5% drop the other day. Yesterday was a cap of 20 for all casters - In Testing: Combat Changes, Doom Artifact Upgrade – Ultima Online

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't say something is OP because people use it. Between the price per potion and damage done, I don't use novas on non-alchy characters, which are half of my PvP characters.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
@drcossack You should have @Captn Norrington re post them. He should also post my message to him in regards to your report. You insult pvpers by calling them "cheaters" with no reasoning behind your accusations and drop subtle jabs to why someone wouldn't see your spellbook... Well we wouldn't see your spell book, not because of cheats, but because you do not live long enough for us to notice. Your insults go un-reported because we're not cry babies. You believe someone called you a child molester and reported it as such. When all I referenced was your van and putting Covenants corpse in it. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen. You do this quite often in game as well. You attempt to get people banned constantly and it's extended to stratics as well. I'm appealing the mark on my account name and plan on exposing you for what you really are. (@Captn Norrington if he reports this, this is NOT me making ANY personal attack)

This is the type of thing the community needs to understand. The people who do not pvp and only support changes that will hurt pvpers more than help them. Why do they do this you might ask? Just look at @drcossack ANYTIME he's online in general chat. He's spouting out cheater insults and dying in a matter of seconds at every single fight. He's thinking a potion is what killed him and calling cheats because people have macros set to use them... What dafuq? This is a guy that challenged me to a pure mage duel on a character he did not recognize and got cycled from full life to death by meteorswarm in 30 seconds. This should not happen in today's pvp if you understand the GAME mechanics. It's as simple as a new player to pvp trying to make changes to benefit his weaker playstyle. No one changed the rules of basketball so people could catch up to Michael Jordan. I do not see why we are constantly trying to make changes to benefit the "once a week" pvper that refuses to evolve. I encourage @Bleak to really take the caliber of player into consideration when reviewing feedback and making changes. While all paying players have a voice, the voice of the established pvper should have far more weight in pvp changes than the voice of the bottom tier pvper that complains about dying rather than learning the game mechanics to not only survive but to win fights.

Kudos to @Revan123 for making valid points and contributing to the cause. Mic Drop on all counts. One can only hope @Bleak see's your posts and takes them into consideration for the greater good of UO.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If they can get out of the small range it has, chances are it's because they're already out of its range.
No... not necessarily. Most people save novas for when their opponents are low. But even then, yes. Most nova kills don't happen when you start in it's range. They happen when your opponent runs into you or you run in to them. Mages dump afar and then run into you and nova. If you are out of the range, you have to anticipate that, and not allow yourself to get in range.

You just made my case for me. If they weren't that good, they wouldn't be so widely used. But they are.
So the fact that EVERYONE can use them makes them overpowered? And the fact that they are so widely used makes them overpowered? Well by that standard, isn't parry over-powered? Or how about using mounts. Everyone uses mounts right? Are mounts overpowered? People wear armor. Is armor over-powered? Something being widely does not mean that it is over-powered.

Your argument is invalid (haha, just trolling :D).

And there it is, your favorite phrase. Ok, Dexers can't usually fit Alchemy, although I'm sure there are a few out there that do have it, whether it's the rare melee or the more common Archer. I'll give you that. But when a single consumable is so good that it's used by nearly everyone, wouldn't you, potential bias aside, think it's a problem? Others either have a timer (heal pots/apples), aren't the best option (cure for higher levels of poison), or are only situational (Refresh.)
Ummm... you are aware that Supernovas have a timer right...? Lol And no, just because it's a consumable that's used by everyone, it does not mean that it is overpowered. If that is the case, then aren't heal potions overpowered?

I mean, let's think about it right... Heal potions are INSTANT aren't they? There's no delay on them! Outrageous! And they also heal for a lot of damage! don't they? As a matter of fact, they heal for far more than supernova potions do! So yeah.. I think Healing potions are over-powered... Wouldn't you agree? I mean think about it:

1. They're instant.
2. Everyone uses them.
3. They heal for a lot of damage

Yeah. As a matter of fact, I think we should just remove heal potions from the game altogether... Or at LEAST put a delay on them of one second. They're clearly over-powered. **** the big picture. Sheesh, amiright? Tons of people agree with me, that means I must be right! We can even make it where the person using the heal potion will have a little potion float over their head before it goes off, that way their opponents can prepare for it. And **** it, while we're at it, let's increase the cool down to however long a supernova potion cool down is. Yeah... That's what I want to see!

Last edited:

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
For anyone that hasn't done this yet, please go and view the list of Yes votes and a list of the no votes. Two pvpers in the Yes column whereas the No column is the people that will actually be effected by these changes and as a majority reflects the pvp community. I hope the DEV's are paying attention to this.

Make UO Great Again!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@drcossack and @CovenantX

Why do you guys keep saying novas are unavoidable?
if you're within 5 tiles, it cannot miss (it's instant, so if you miss, it's the User's fault) not the defender.

The damage they do 20-27 it's ridiculous to have something be instant for damage like that. especially something that can't really even be compared to any Cast-able spells.

I don't necessarily think this is the best nerf for them, but if they stay instant with 20+ damage, they need to do that without gaining benefit from alchemy at all. (for any template)

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes. You have to follow the new threads they are creating (daily?) now. As of today they took away focused mages and all mages have an sdi cap of 20.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
if you're within 5 tiles, it cannot miss (it's instant, so if you miss, it's the User's fault) not the defender.

The damage they do 20-27 it's ridiculous to have something be instant for damage like that. especially something that can't really even be compared to any Cast-able spells.

I don't necessarily think this is the best nerf for them, but if they stay instant with 20+ damage, they need to do that without gaining benefit from alchemy at all. (for any template)
THIS I can agree with. I specifically like chad's idea of base dmg being set from 10 - 13 and adding 1 hp per 10 points in alchemy. That is the change that needs to be made to nova's in my opinion. Gives us an actual reason to have alchemy and not just everyone running around with nova's.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol calling people biased is so inapplicable for this argument. We all get hit with novas on a regular basis. I don't even use them on all my chars.
Considering just about everyone has Alchemy, that's not hard to believe.

You live by the nova, you know it's OP, you don't want anything with it changed? that's a bias.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL after all of Banes posts, your only argument is still that you need them to kill people. If you had player skill above average you would see that it is not needed to kill someone. All the bane did was drone on and not make any sense and didn't even have a point but to say other people aren't good enough. Just to clarify @Aeyko , I was the one who reported your ignorant posts. There is a reason people like you should be banned, your not being constructive in any way whatsoever. All you keep doing is saying people suck and cant use things. Ive personally killed you solo about a hundred times over the years, your not that good. Its a game not a RL audition. When you have a real argument other then I cant kill anyone without nova come back in here and post it.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

No, if you make it where EVERYONE does that much damage, then you heavily nerf the Alchemy skill in pvp.

And as far as it missing goes, Healing potions also can't "miss." So aren't Healing Potions OP too? Should we make healing potions "miss"?

Yeah! Let's do it! We can change healing potions like we changed bolas. Let's make it where the chance of a healing potion succeeding will be determined by HCI, and when it fails it will give a little *miss* message above your players head. That would just be fantastic.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THIS I can agree with. I specifically like chad's idea of base dmg being set from 10 - 13 and adding 1 hp per 10 points in alchemy. That is the change that needs to be made to nova's in my opinion. Gives us an actual reason to have alchemy and not just everyone running around with nova's.
Yea that's all I'm getting at, I don't want novas to be useless, I want Alchemy to NOT be the ONLY USED SKILL. if novas aren't for everyone, they need to be toned down a lot... OR just remove them.

either way is fine with me.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First, It doesn't do max damage at 5 tiles.

Also, I have stated multiple times how it IS avoidable. If anyone used them other than to disrupt a spell, get a kill shot, or reveal someone- they are using novas incorrectly. And as far as a kill shot goes- you CAN run away from it. That is just a pure and simple fact.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

You live by the nova, you know it's OP, you don't want anything with it changed? that's a bias.
"Live by the nova"? You act like it's some mysterious art, like he's training bushido irl and "lives by the katana." Most people use novas in 2016. They don't "live by the nova." You just "live in the past."

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, if you make it where EVERYONE does that much damage, then you heavily nerf the Alchemy skill in pvp.

And as far as it missing goes, Healing potions also can't "miss." So aren't Healing Potions OP too? Should we make healing potions "miss"?

Yeah! Let's do it! We can change healing potions like we changed bolas. Let's make it where the chance of a healing potion succeeding will be determined by HCI, and when it fails it will give a little *miss* message above your players head. That would just be fantastic.
Alchemy would still get conflags 7-11 damage ticks, small bonus to heals, Cures, stat-pots....

Tell me you're not biased with this post.... c'mon. has it ever been more obvious?

You guys treat the supernova nerf like it's taking way the only thing Alchemy has, 100% not the case, even if novas were completely removed. Alchemy would still be very useful. even more so than scribe. especially.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Alchemy would still get conflags 7-11 damage ticks, small bonus to heals, Cures, stat-pots....

Tell me you're not biased with this post.... c'mon. has it ever been more obvious?

You guys treat the supernova nerf like it's taking way the only thing Alchemy has, 100% not the case, even if novas were completely removed. Alchemy would still be very useful. even more so than scribe. especially.
You're calling me bias when you don't even play with potions. Unlike you, I use AND die to novas. You only die to them. You calling me bias is outrageous lol

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure if I am in the "you guys" generalization. I am all for nova taking a nerf.

I just want it to be a nerf that actually makes sense. Adding 10 extra damage every 2 minutes for alchemy on the pot is a pretty fair trade off (the proposed solution by king chad).

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're calling me bias when you don't even play with potions. Unlike you, I use AND die to novas. You only die to them. You calling me bias is outrageous lol
LOL I play with potions on a few characters (the only ones I run with alchemy) um, all my dexers use potions.

Sorry man, not every one of my characters has alchemy.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets not forget that you cant use alchemy to craft supernovas, they are a VVV item only. So why does supernova potion even get a buff from alchemy in the first place? Every other potion in the game is crafted by alchemists which makes sense that they get benefits from it. Just more reason why its OP.

Lets face another fact, all the so called "real pvpers" only play the best cookie cutter damage template which is what is OP at the current time. Which means that all of you are using alchemy for a reason, and that's cause its OP. Pretty simple.

LOLOL at running away to avoid a supernova being a game mechanic. Its funny watching you guys grasp for straws as to why it should remain OP just for your small group of people who apparently cant get kill shots without it

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

2 of my 7 PvP characters use alchemy. I don't think it's OP. I wouldn't be opposed to Chad/Paith's change.

gg.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets not forget that you cant use alchemy to craft supernovas, they are a VVV item only. So why does supernova potion even get a buff from alchemy in the first place? Every other potion in the game is crafted by alchemists which makes sense that they get benefits from it. Just more reason why its OP.

Lets face another fact, all the so called "real pvpers" only play the best cookie cutter damage template which is what is OP at the current time. Which means that all of you are using alchemy for a reason, and that's cause its OP. Pretty simple.

LOLOL at running away to avoid a supernova being a game mechanic. Its funny watching you guys grasp for straws as to why it should remain OP just for your small group of people who apparently cant get kill shots without it
Supernova potions get an alchemy buff because it's a potion.

"real pvpers" prefer to play really varied templates, actually. The whole reason this PvP change is coming, is because "real PvPers" want template variety. Not parry mages vs archers online, which is honestly what the current mechanics promote.

Running away to avoid a supernova is clearly a way to avoid it. Saving your heal potion chug for when you get low is another. Anticipation and field awareness is what separates a good PvPer from a bad PvPer. Grasping at straws? We already have a reasonable change proposed in reaction to this unreasonable change that's presented to us.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
LOL after all of Banes posts, your only argument is still that you need them to kill people. If you had player skill above average you would see that it is not needed to kill someone. All the bane did was drone on and not make any sense and didn't even have a point but to say other people aren't good enough. Just to clarify @Aeyko , I was the one who reported your ignorant posts. There is a reason people like you should be banned, your not being constructive in any way whatsoever. All you keep doing is saying people suck and cant use things. Ive personally killed you solo about a hundred times over the years, your not that good. Its a game not a RL audition. When you have a real argument other then I cant kill anyone without nova come back in here and post it.
Not one person here believes you've killed me solo. Your trolling is weak.

I'm with @Critical Gaming on the point that we have already put a reasonable solution in this thread. The solution is MORE than fair.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Until someone starts posting PvP videos using the EC, I won't give a crap about any of this.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the suggested "nerf"

changes it from 20 fire damage, to 20 direct damage (direct damage isn't reduced or increased by resistances of the target).

Dexers with alchemy will not see a difference.
mages will lose the extra 7 points that comes from curse.

IMO that is not enough. it will not change the meta at all, won't even add more too it.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL a 5 point reduction in damage is not a solution if its still instant. The potion can still be buffed by omen and corpse skin to well over 30 damage instantly. What a joke it is even trying to have an argument with someone that doesn't even reason at all.

Shatter pots are a potion too and they don't get alchemy buffs, why doesn't it destroy more potions.

Anyway im done attempting to reason with brick wall mentalities. I might as well just be talking to my cat at this point.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
@CovenantX You're leaving out AT THE SPOT OF DETONATION.... So 1 second to move from the spot that the caster hit the potion button. This will eliminate the use of this potion completely. That is the main issue with this change. The damage portion, we can all agree on.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@CovenantX You're leaving out AT THE SPOT OF DETONATION.... So 1 second to move from the spot that the caster hit the potion button. This will eliminate the use of this potion completely. That is the main issue with this change. The damage portion, we can all agree on.
I'm not leaving that out, it just means you're going to have to arm the potion and stun the target, otherwise you'd have to arm the potion before the target starts running.

I do think they could remove the "warning" if they stick with the current setup on TC though.

It's the instant-use that's the problem... if it was the damage portion, don't you think explosion potions would be talked about, instead of novas?

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I'm not leaving that out, it just means you're going to have to arm the potion and stun the target, otherwise you'd have to arm the potion before the target starts running.

I do think they could remove the "warning" if they stick with the current setup on TC though.

It's the instant-use that's the problem... if it was the damage portion, don't you think explosion potions would be talked about, instead of novas?
Explosion potions are not talked about bc they have a 3 second timer and quite honestly suck unless you are stuck in a small area with enough separation that you do not take dmg from them while damaging your opponent. Super nova's were put in place to bridge the gap between conflags and explosion potions. If they are going to add a timer, they should just delete the potion all together. I believe adjusting the damage is the solution, I can and more often than not do, move out of the way of nova damage. It's quite easy, making it easier with a timer is just pointless IMO.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ask and you shall receive...
Pure PvP! - YouTube

Not the best or greatest.. but I do pvp almost daily while using the EC =) .
So basically, no one dies from EC pvp...lol. I guess what I meant earlier was, I need to see EC videos from the hard core pvprs that keep asking for changes to be made, while insulting others by saying they don't pvp. I wanna see EC videos from them :) Oh, and that moment you realize that no matter what the name, the odds that it's a dude are still very high . :)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Explosion potions are not talked about bc they have a 3 second timer and quite honestly suck unless you are stuck in a small area with enough separation that you do not take dmg from them while damaging your opponent. Super nova's were put in place to bridge the gap between conflags and explosion potions. If they are going to add a timer, they should just delete the potion all together. I believe adjusting the damage is the solution, I can and more often than not do, move out of the way of nova damage. It's quite easy, making it easier with a timer is just pointless IMO.
you can throw them when they're at 2-sec btw, anticipation is everything. no such need to anticipate with novas when it only takes you being close enough when you "use" it.

If novas froze you in-place or had a delay, sure. but they don't. that's what is making them OP, when you can do a full combo with a scribe mage

This is with 40% SDI 30+scribe (most recent update would be 20 SDI + scribe = 30%.
Curse - Explode - FS - Lightening = 35+45+22 = 102 damage

and replace Lightening with nova and dropping scribe for alchemy.
Curse - Explode - FS - Nova = 34-43-25 (25 is at max range with 100.0 alchemy & 50% EP) = 102 damage (since nova is instant with more damage by itself than what you get from scribe alone it's the better option.. that's not even factoring any other potions alchemy applies too)

Then, nothing stops you from picking up scribe & alchemy, and stacking the potion on to pretty much any combo you can do.
because a "focus mage" is one of the very few templates that has room for 2-3 skills.

If novas aren't changed, everyone that didn't have room (due to tactics) will just be picking up alchemy. -it needs fixing.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
you can throw them when they're at 2-sec btw, anticipation is everything. no such need to anticipate with novas when it only takes you being close enough when you "use" it.

If novas froze you in-place or had a delay, sure. but they don't. that's what is making them OP, when you can do a full combo with a scribe mage

This is with 40% SDI 30+scribe (most recent update would be 20 SDI + scribe = 30%.

Curse - Explode - FS - Nova = 34-43-25 (25 is at max range with 100.0 alchemy & 50% EP) = 102 damage (since nova is instant with more damage by itself than what you get from scribe alone it's the better option.. that's not even factoring any other potions alchemy applies too)

Then, nothing stops you from picking up scribe & alchemy, and stacking the potion on to pretty much any combo you can do.
because a "focus mage" is one of the very few templates that has room for 2-3 skills.

If novas aren't changed, everyone that didn't have room (due to tactics) will just be picking up alchemy. -it needs fixing.
Fitting scribe with alchemy will be impossible for any mage with parry and wrestle. Which due to the changes, this will still be the defensive go to mage template. The combo you mentioned will rarely go off all at once without interruption. No player with half a brain would let all of that hit them. Exp FS lightning... Another mage isn't getting the exp and fs off on me period, much less the lightning following that. Against a dexer, if you're using a weapon in hand, the chances of getting that off are just as bad if not worse. I don't believe you're looking at the whole picture here.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fitting scribe with alchemy will be impossible for any mage with parry and wrestle. Which due to the changes, this will still be the defensive go to mage template. The combo you mentioned will rarely go off all at once without interruption. No player with half a brain would let all of that hit them. Exp FS lightning... Another mage isn't getting the exp and fs off on me period, much less the lightning following that. Against a dexer, if you're using a weapon in hand, the chances of getting that off are just as bad if not worse. I don't believe you're looking at the whole picture here.
You won't need parry man. you killed an archer in the arena without parry.... you don't need parry now, you most definitely won't need it after moving shot is nerfed (if that stays as is)

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You could only do the second combo every 2 minutes... not really that often.

I have seen you argue trigger vs this a lot. I think a 5 minute cool down for trigger is a bit excessive. I think that should be dropped to 2, 2.5 minutes as well.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's interruptible so it won't go off...

Against a dexer, if you're using a weapon in hand, the chances of getting that off are just as bad if not worse. I don't believe you're looking at the whole picture here.
I'm confused by this, because it looks like you're saying it's just as difficult if not more difficult to get the combo off against a dexer... which is not even remotely close. you don't need parry to get explode-fs off. lightening you can cast between 1.25s attacks.... and um, if you have parry. a dexer won't be interrupting you but ~32% of the time unless they're also casting things on you.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could only do the second combo every 2 minutes... not really that often.

I have seen you argue trigger vs this a lot. I think a 5 minute cool down for trigger is a bit excessive. I think that should be dropped to 2, 2.5 minutes as well.
you only need to do the nova once. 2mins = less time than it takes for one to restock and get back into the fight. And... stat-loss is 5mins alone.

If the person isn't low enough, you don't use your cooldown... same with trigger, but trigger is delayed and it's Oh so easy to get a mini heal off before the damage is done via trigger>bombard.

If they shorten the cooldown to 2-2.5min on trigger, supernovas still remain better, because they take less skill points & they will still do more damage.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you only need to do the nova once. 2mins = less time than it takes for one to restock and get back into the fight. And... stat-loss is 5mins alone.

If the person isn't low enough, you don't use your cooldown... same with trigger, but trigger is delayed and it's Oh so easy to get a mini heal off before the damage is done via trigger>bombard.

If they shorten the cooldown to 2-2.5min on trigger, supernovas still remain better, because they take less skill points & they will still do more damage.
I have killed many a people with bombard as a kill shot when they were running away (more than 5 tiles). I am not really comparing the two other than saying it should reduce its cool down.

Its silly to argue alchemy vs mystic/focus. It is not even in the same park. One is a school of magic and the other is a few extra hps on pots.

But since the *instant* part is what you seem to be most caught up in. Then it feels like you would be on board if someone hits their nova macro and you hear a noise and have the same time to react as a bombard? Less than a second (and it would go off where the player is not at the spot he hit it).

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
You won't need parry man. you killed an archer in the arena without parry.... you don't need parry now, you most definitely won't need it after moving shot is nerfed (if that stays as is)
Really? You don't need parry now? Go to yew gate on Atlantic and see how long you survive with any of the main guilds online. 2 dexers will kill you relatively quickly if you do not run away constantly or pray to get off a good combo inside of 4 seconds to counter their bandage heals, pots (Gheals, seeds of life, etc) and chiv if they have it. The parry argument is just as silly as the nova nerf. Why not give us a nova where we can use as a targeting potion with a sound and range like a bombard and you'll really have something to nerf.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have killed many a people with bombard as a kill shot when they were running away (more than 5 tiles). I am not really comparing the two other than saying it should reduce its cool down.

Its silly to argue alchemy vs mystic/focus. It is not even in the same park. One is a school of magic and the other is a few extra hps on pots.
and when parry is not needed Alchy-mystics will get bombard + nova. (they get enough mana regen from their suit + focus to give up med), mage-weapons aren't a problem... the reason less people use them now, is because you can't have parry with them and chug potions.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and when parry is not needed Alchy-mystics will get bombard + nova. (they get enough mana regen from their suit + focus to give up med), mage-weapons aren't a problem... the reason less people use them now, is because you can't have parry with them and chug potions.
I am not sure what your point is?

I have seen mystic alchys. I have played one. It is fun to have two finishing moves on one template. But that was not my question. I said if a nova made a noise when hit (so you could react), then go off 1 second later (where the user is standing)- you should not have a problem with it because then it is not instant. Correct?