• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Spoiler) NEW Vet Rewards & 12 Anniversary Items

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ty i was hoping it wasnt just me :twak: tell you the truth i think they both are lol
the 2 angles look different to me, and looking at both them at roughly the same angle, they look to be correct but that is my odd sight

T

Trebr Drab

Crysta, some screen shots I made earlier. Sorry I didn't have time to crop them.

Codex of Virtue and the potted version of the Silver Sapling Replica.

Mailbox. Shows the mailbox and also a view of what the container "inside" looks like in the 2d client.

Ultima Banner

is just me of the angle isometric view way off on this look at arcane circle and look at the Codex of Virtue looks way off imo :drool:
That's why they call UO's view "broken". Ya see, the square tiles are all square, but the angle in a 3D view would have them slightly reducing in size at the rear. But if they built the tiles that way, the farther NW you ran the smaller they would get, until you can't fit into the world of Sosaria anymore.

The one circle is made to simulate that 3D view, but as you can see it doesn't line up with the floor tiles. Where the other circle does line up with the floor tiles, it doesn't look like the right view angle.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VOTE NO to Buying ANY VET REWARD from UO CODES

:eyes:you think maybe we could buy the House Teleporter's from uo/codes some day ?:thumbup:
No no no no no no no no no no .. get the idea?? No no no.. O .. WAIT......lets see how has anyone else get it ---- OMG they have had to pay for that account month by month EVERY MONTH for 12 YRS .. rotfl .. NOW IF you are saying your willing to do that??

Lets see 12x lets just say $13 to round it off ( and lets not count the higher fee to those people who do not live in the USA) so $13x12 = thats $156 or thereabouts.. now that would be $156 for ONE year - now multiple THAT x 12 comes to $1882.00 dollars

too late now

Siabra
Catskills:fight:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are devs and programmers taught to disregard siege and its players or does it come natural?

Faction arties
Faction runes
tram bleed for 10 years
And now we get more instant escape items.

Some people in this game still pk, like me. It would be nice to go to the abyss and pk somebody and not let them use a faction rune to escape or a stupid tree that resses them with all their stuff. Or compassion resses, or blessed spellbooks, etc, etc, etc, etc etc, etc, etc, etc.

After ten years you still do not get it, nor I guess will you ever get it. Every publish you ruin siege just a little more. Now that there is nobody left to complain about it, you take it as nobody cares anymore and we want this crap. Thanks for ruining the game for me.

You seriously need to put a dev devoted to siege on your payroll. I know EA is cheap as hell and it will cost a few extra shekels a year, but then we can avoid these problems and make the players happy. I mean stimulate the economy by giving someone a job. Make them part time so you can screw them out of benefits, right now you will probably get 1000 applications for it and whoever gets will be happy as hell. And well so will the siege player base.
Dude, if you ask me we're lucky to have Siege. The low population hardly justifies the cost of maintenance and upkeep of the hardware much less a new Dev just for Siege.

Seriously, when you compare the 40-50 players online on Siege on a busy day how can you say they should focus on it vs the numbers on some of the populated Prodo.

You want Siege to get attention, then start finding a way to get people to Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Can someone confirm the Crystal Gates are 1st year rewards and not 11th or 12th? It's not marked on the OP.
I really hope it will be 1 years reward as it will be a very unfair to new players if it is 12 years.

Sure it may not be a big deal on normal shards where all can recall with zero skills but on Siege we really need a form for transport that do not need skills.

Let it be 1th years reward and add a delay to it so it can't be used as escape from PvP.

G

guum

is just me of the angle isometric view way off on this look at arcane circle and look at the Codex of Virtue looks way off imo :drool:
IMO it's the arcane circle that looks wrong. The codex looks right.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dude, if you ask me we're lucky to have Siege. The low population hardly justifies the cost of maintenance and upkeep of the hardware much less a new Dev just for Siege.

Seriously, when you compare the 40-50 players online on Siege on a busy day how can you say they should focus on it vs the numbers on some of the populated Prodo.

You want Siege to get attention, then start finding a way to get people to Siege.
The players are on Siege, you just can't see them as all do stealth around. Nerf stealth on Siege and you will see alot more life.

Also most of us pay for more than one account as we only have one char on an account, I pay for 6

Count the houses and you will know how how many paying accounts we have.

M

maroite

The players are on Siege, you just can't see them as all do stealth around. Nerf stealth on Siege and you will see alot more life.

Also most of us pay for more than one account as we only have one char on an account, I pay for 6

So there are 50 accounts and 10 players? :thumbsup:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Are devs and programmers taught to disregard siege and its players or does it come natural?

Faction arties
Faction runes
tram bleed for 10 years
And now we get more instant escape items.
I agree factions items was a bad move as they force PvP'ers to join Factions to complete in PvP but maybe Imbuing will balance it, at least I hope it will.
Let us magic unraw factions items when we loot them and problem is solved. (not sure if we can it, had not tryed)
Factions runes is a kind of recall, it need to have a delay so you can't use it as escape. 20 sec where you can't move, take or deal damage will do.

The crystal portals sounds like a gate so I don't see a problem with them as you can follow your target unless you are flaged. Maybe give them 20 sec delay too.

Some people in this game still pk, like me. It would be nice to go to the abyss and pk somebody and not let them use a faction rune to escape or a stupid tree that resses them with all their stuff. Or compassion resses, or blessed spellbooks, etc, etc, etc, etc etc, etc, etc, etc.
Who said a PK's life should be easy :)
I do agree about the ressing with all your stuff. This ways to res would be ok if the stuff dropped on the body.

We all have different ideas for what do ruin Siege. In my opinion, stealthers is a big problem, they need to get nerfed or we need tracking back to only need 20.1 skills and need field spells to unhide stealthers again.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

How many of those houses are owned by "Occasional" Siege player. You know those who mainly play Prodo but now and then play Siege and maintain an extra account to have a house there?

I'm not saying Siege is a barren wasteland, but the active population is so low it doesn't justify giving the shard much thought.

When you've got 70k players over all the shards except Siege with it's different rules and ways it's hard to justify catering to the couple of hundred that do play there.

M

maroite

Whoa! Danger! Danger! This sounds very easy to create a grief-trap. Open a vendor house, drop runes everywhere, funnel traffic through an obscured tile containing the teleporter ... set up a murder zone on the other end of the teleporter.

(as you know, some of us are very touchy about the idea of ever ending up in Fel)

Although the mailbox is a very exciting idea, I am also a little concerned about it being used as a way of griefing the next time there is a dupe. Obviously, if you get home and some random stranger has placed 125 ornies in your mailbox, you know something is wrong, but there may be cases of gray, especially if a guild uses this as a drop box for loot.

Is it just me? Or did I read his statement completely different.

He said you need access to the house to be able to use the teleporter. I took this as you need to be on the houses friends/co-owners list.

Of BOTH houses...

No friend, no teleport, no gank...

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

He said you need access to the house to be able to use the teleporter. I took this as you need to be on the houses friends/co-owners list.

Of BOTH houses...

Public houses (both houses) and teleporters set to anyone (both teleporters).

:fight:

M

maroite

Public houses (both houses) and teleporters set to anyone (both teleporters).

:fight:
Public housing and being on the access list are different.

Do we even know if the tiles have settings? Or do they just work based off names on the access list?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Public housing and being on the access list are different.

Do we even know if the tiles have settings? Or do they just work based off names on the access list?
As for the House Teleporters... Im about 90% sure that they work just like the teleporters in normal customizable houses (Would be good to know how many you get... a set of 2, 4 8, 10?) But I kind of hope that it allows you to link it between houses... that way if you pay for 2 accounts you can teleport between them instantly. Now that would be AWESOME! ***Dares to dream***
Yes to both the assumption and the hope.
:thumbsup:

M

maroite

And where does it say you don't have to be on the access list? That says you can link to two houses... Doesn't clarify if you have to be on the access list for the linked houses.

Doesn't NOT say you have to be on the access list of the house AND have access to the teleporter.

For example, someone could link a house for personal use only, so they make the teleporter owner only. But if they make it public, you still have to be on the access list (friends list/co-owners list) in order to use the teleporter. If you're not, regardless of if the teleporter is public, you can't use it.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And where does it say you don't have to be on the access list? That says you can link to two houses... Doesn't clarify if you have to be on the access list for the linked houses.

Doesn't NOT say you have to be on the access list of the house AND have access to the teleporter.

For example, someone could link a house for personal use only, so they make the teleporter owner only. But if they make it public, you still have to be on the access list (friends list/co-owners list) in order to use the teleporter. If you're not, regardless of if the teleporter is public, you can't use it.
"They work just like the teleporters in normal customizable houses."

Start at the teleporters and work from there. If a house is public and teleporters are set to anyone, it teleports the person. Any other assumptions you make have to have some shred of proof. "Work just like the teleporters in normal customizable houses" is how they work by default unless stated otherwise. Don't know where you're coming up with the rest of it unless its wishful thinking.

Unless Sakkarah clears it up, it's safe to say that teleporters work "just like the teleporters in normal customizable houses."

Until then, this is a circular argument where the default says I'm right and you're wrong. I don't know why you're still questioning it with assumptions.

In other words, the burden of proof is on you, not me. I don't know why you keep presenting it like its the other way around.

:grouphug:

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone confirm the Crystal Gates are 1st year rewards and not 11th or 12th? It's not marked on the OP.

This is a picture of my two year account's vet reward options (under misc).

So the Crystal gates are definitely 2 year or less.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is one thing to have interesting items for veterans.. but does anyone seriously think an online game will be around for 23 years? I'm just saying...

Did anyone think back in 1997 that in 2009 Ultima Online would have still been up and running and a new expansion just released ?

R

RichDC

I can see the no warning thing being a bad idea too!

Use the same gump as access to the new spawn areas, by that include yes and dont ask me again option.

I know of many fel houses that are public access with locked doors. (meaning once your in your screwed in this scenario)

Put in one of these as previously stated a 1tile "cell" of low fences (giving line of sight) lay down a poison field...and wait, do this in front of a vendor with an uber expensive item on it(as they are all uninsured) and if the person steps the wrong way...good night vienna and goodnight lots of gold!!!

F

Fink

Regarding teleporters..

There's nothing to stop someone stuffing the destination house with aggressive spawn, owner or otherwise, so I would treat them with the same caution as a normal gate. We don't need any warning gumps or other hand-holding game mechanics.. just use discretion.

R

RichDC

Regarding teleporters..

There's nothing to stop someone stuffing the destination house with aggressive spawn, owner or otherwise, so I would treat them with the same caution as a normal gate. We don't need any warning gumps or other hand-holding game mechanics.. just use discretion.
I think the issue will come in by "covering" the teleporters so they are unable to be seen, i have a feeling a well placed goza or carpet will cover these if intended for griefing purposes.

Cannot use discretion if you cannot see what your walking on.

R

RichDC

Of BOTH houses...

It was said earlier ill find the post if i can be bothered.

So long as you have access to both houses and the security settings on the teleporter(the one you teleport from) allows you access...just like a normal teleporter, you can use it.

Key word..ACCESS, not friending, not co-owned, ACCESS. If you can walk on it...you can teleport from it.

U

UOKaiser

With the house teleporters ya making a mountain out of mole hill.We have insurance after the first time it happens the house will be marked and word will spread it's not like we have a million players per shard. Siege well siege -players are always careful well I hope they are and ya be fine to word will spread even faster by now everyone knows each other enough that they can kindof figure out who would pull something like thatand who won't. So don't worry it's not even a issue unless you look for it.

F

Fink

I think the issue will come in by "covering" the teleporters so they are unable to be seen, i have a feeling a well placed goza or carpet will cover these if intended for griefing purposes.

Cannot use discretion if you cannot see what your walking on.
Depends what you're doing in someone else's house.

If you're a guest and the owner is upstanding I'm sure they would point out any such hazards. If you're poking around in someone's house uninvited, or you're colluding with nefarious types, it's your own folly.

M

maroite

If you're a guest and the owner is upstanding I'm sure they would point out any such hazards. If you're poking around in someone's house uninvited, or you're colluding with nefarious types, it's your own folly.
/agree lol

Since win do you have to enter most houses to look at vendors? And if someone asks you to come to their house without good reason, wouldn't that put up flags?

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While the new crystal teleporter is awesome and I assume the house teleporter(s) are awesome too, I have a nagging thought in the back of my mind about whether or not they are a signal for upcoming changes. That "wild, wild West" comment Cal Crowner made has had me wondering now for almost two months about whether we're going to lose Recall/SJ/Gate spells and have to walk everywhere. Or lose insurance. Or be forced to pick a "side"/"loyalty grouping" and be subject to attack by anyone in a different loyalty group, regardless of where we are.

Then again, if there really are housing locations in the Abyss, maybe these things were made primarily to make life easier for the individuals lucky enough to win those locations for their house.
I see people in Fell abusing this as a way to escape while pvping from houses. I'm sure the flagging rules apply to them, but most hous hiders dont flag anyway, and now they will have another way to get away.

S

slavoie

My goodness people.

You do not have to enter a house to look at the vendors.

Even when the vendors are burried inside the house, you can ctl shift to get their tags and use the context menu from their tags....

Stop whining about the .0001 % chance that you have to randomly walk onto a house transporter and get funneled into a gank session.

Now with that being said, BUYING house transporter on ATL!!

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey you, stranger(1st Red Flag)... You like artifacts? I have a whole ton of artifacts Im giving away for free(2nd Red Flag)... come with me to my house(3rd Red Flag)... I keep them in a box in the basement because I don't like paying vendor fees(4th Red Flag)... Dont mind all the goza mats covering the floor, just walk over them(5th Red Flag)... You're doing good... just walk a little further(6th Red Flag)... Ok, step up one more tile, and as you hear the teleporter sound charging up stand still(At this point you deserve to be killed and lose all of your stuff).

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop whining about the .0001 % chance that you have to randomly walk onto a house transporter and get funneled into a gank session.
It's an axiom, not a whine.

Crossing rulesets without a confirmation gump is broken behavior no matter what the odds or somersaults involved.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Crossing rulesets without a confirmation gump is broken behavior no matter what the odds or somersaults involved.
Bingo! Just look at all the complaints that cropped of from the lack of warning to the new SA champs. For those of you that think it's so obvious you are being scamed, I invite you to read through the PvP thief forum to see just how clever our thieves are at manipulating others. It isn't so cut and dried that you are being decieved. They don't wear "bad guy" hats.

S

slavoie

Ok me sorry, please people try to understand that further "fussing" (is that better maplestone) about this possibility that has clearly been heard and replyed to by EA is just wasted breath...

or as I said much simpler

stop whining people. Has this game really deteriated into a hand holding session.

But your right maplestone, its just the way I see it. Not trying to pick a fight with anybody.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't trust someone, then don't go blindly walking around their house. It really is that simple. There really is NO REASON you would ever HAVE to go into a strangers house. If 3rd graders can understand that you don't follow a stranger into their house... even if they promise you free candy... then you should be able to as well.

If for some reason you feel like taking a risk and going into a strangers house... then just dont walk on any goza mats. If you feel like taking a bigger risk and following a stranger into their house, and walking on their goza mats, then dont stop on one when you hear the teleporter sound charging up. (This sound gives you PLENTY of warning that you are about to be teleported)

And if you are so foolish as to follow a stranger into their house, walk on their goza mats, and stop on one that is making a teleporter sound... then I have some free artis I would love to give you... I keep them in a chest in my basement, let me know when your on and you can come to my house to pick them up.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

/agree.

I mean are so many ppl poking around other peoples("strangers") houses that this is an issue? Really?

W

Wilde1

RE house teleporters...why not have a gump pop up asking if you agree to go to the other house (like a gate gump)?

Overall, this is a way cool addition to vet rewards, esp the part where you can use items even if you can't claim em (I'll be buying some teleporters on the secondary market). Also, house teleporters I'd purchase at the UO store if they were available (hint, hint)

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean are so many ppl poking around other peoples("strangers") houses that this is an issue? Really?
Yes actualy some of us do. As one of the mods on the homes and castles forum I consider it part of my job to look at houses =) and housing is the only reason I still play this game. I know that may make me a minority to some of you but I also know enough history about this game that I can see how this will play out.

Something like this, New house Teles implemented, People start complaining about getting ganked in horrible ways with no escape possible, Devs remove our new toys form working order, and we don't get them back for a long time if ever.

I for one don't wish to see that happen. I think the Idea is fantastic all it needs is a gump that says, Your about to leave this house. Do you wish to continue. Yes, No?

Problem solved at least then you will know when your about to fly off to a diff place even if it doesn't tell you its fel. Id rather it say Tram of Fel or Malas Tok or Ter, but some heads up would be useful.

If you play on Siege though I don't see why you are even responding to this concern it doesn't effect you in nearly the ways it effects the rest of us. Sure you don't go in strangers houses its not safe... People on normal shards do.

And just for example sake My house which isn't in a prime location its in the woods in malas has 2344 visitors since the last time I cleared that which was about 4 months ago, I have NO vendors people make chars on Atlantic to come see my houses and people bring there friends to come see and I give tours when people ask. It does happen.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is one thing to have interesting items for veterans.. but does anyone seriously think an online game will be around for 23 years? I'm just saying...
Did anyone think an online game would be around 10 years, 12 years, etc?

One never knows, but I agree with Popps. :pint:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have alot of people stroll through my houses. They are designed to be looked at. I could tele-trap them easily.

But it isn't the passer by folks will scam for. As stated before who would stand around their fel linked house for hours hoping someone passes by. It's the seemingly innocent scams that will be more effective. Someone advertising a sale or posing as a recruit for a guild then giving a guided tour of HQ or offering a group hunt where "the rune is just inside my house here" "Follow me I'll gate!" What are we suposed to do? Play the game in constant paranoia else "we get what we desrve"? "No way I'm not going in there you could be trying to tele-trap me!"

Tram is there for a reason. Agree or disagree, no one steps foot into a fel ruleset for any reason without some sort of warning. This potentially takes away the ability to be warned and will be abused. But now there has been pages of back and forth about it with dev comments specifically on this issue. If it is possible to scam someone... and nothing is done about it... then it must be a sanctioned action. Consider it a 12 yr reward for veteran asshats.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have alot of people stroll through my houses. They are designed to be looked at. I could tele-trap them easily.

But it isn't the passer by folks will scam for. As stated before who would stand around their fel linked house for hours hoping someone passes by. It's the seemingly innocent scams that will be more effective. Someone advertising a sale or posing as a recruit for a guild then giving a guided tour of HQ or offering a group hunt where "the rune is just inside my house here" "Follow me I'll gate!" What are we suposed to do? Play the game in constant paranoia else "we get what we desrve"? "No way I'm not going in there you could be trying to tele-trap me!"

Tram is there for a reason. Agree or disagree, no one steps foot into a fel ruleset for any reason without some sort of warning. This potentially takes away the ability to be warned and will be abused. But now there has been pages of back and forth about it with dev comments specifically on this issue. If it is possible to scam someone... and nothing is done about it... then it must be a sanctioned action. Consider it a 12 yr reward for veteran asshats.
Gheed, I see where you're coming from, and I understand your concern. It is "possible" that something like this could happen. But it is extremely unlikely. Very few houses have their floor covered in goza mats. If you go into a strangers house, just don't walk on goza mats, stay to the normal floor tiles and your safe. And if you absolutely need to go to a strangers house and need to walk on gozas or carpets... just listen for the teleporter sound. That really does give more then enough warning. I would have absolutely NO fear of this even if i was on my naked crafter and I knew for a fact that the guy was trying to get me teleported to a fel house to gank me and his floor was covered in gozas. I would walk around without hesitation, because when it comes down to it, the teleport sound is more then enough warning. Just don't stand still if you hear it go off. These things don't work instantaneously. The devs have already loaded us with safety measures.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Anybody know what a "virtual floor deed" is?

D

DarkVoid

Write a prenup? :blushing:

On a more serious note, really not a whole lot that can be done there. You will need to work it out or both lose. We considered that issue before release but as there would be no way for us to establish who deserves to get the set over who, we have to leave that one in your hands. So obviously, you will want to make sure whoever you give the other half to is someone you implicitly trust. But we expect most players will use it for another house they personally own or to connect malls, libraries, etc.

2-way teleporters
Why not just make the teleporters work exactly like communication crystals? Link/unlink them yourself. Each reward pick gives a pair, unlinked.

If: teleporter is in backpack, can be left clicked, pops up context menu selection, one selection gives target cursor, asking for other teleporter to link to. BOTH teleporters must be in your backpack for this to work.

Else: Teleporter says you must have this item in your backpack in order to use link/unlink commands, but if stepped on teleports to destination according to rules stated elsewhere in this thread.

It should work exactly like pet balls, bracelets of binding, comm crystals, etc, do now.

Even if it's for a future publish, this definitely should be considered.

Also please tell us what happens if these teleporters are in a house when it decays? I would assume that either the teleporters would get turned into an expensive deco item if they remained behind, or that they would vanish. But does this leave us with unlinked and unusable teleporters?

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about just not stepping on a teleporter you don't know where it goes to? Seriously people, I don't see this as being such a huge thing. If you don't want to take the chance or being pked, just don't step on the teleporter (no one is forcing you or holding a gun to your head making you go into houses and stepping on unknown teleporters)... If you must go wandering around random houses, just make sure all your stuff is insured and you don't have anything you wouldn't want to lose on you. Then if you die it's a bit of insurance and who really cares that much about 2k gold or so? curiosity and the cat...

I do like the idea of one being a master teleporter, but I'm also not that concerned with the issue since I just won't give one to someone I don't trust.

And YES polar bears turn see through if you use the tool on them!!!

Kudos on all of the lovely UO crack you have lately been feeding us :)

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Write a prenup? :blushing:

On a more serious note, really not a whole lot that can be done there. You will need to work it out or both lose. We considered that issue before release but as there would be no way for us to establish who deserves to get the set over who, we have to leave that one in your hands. So obviously, you will want to make sure whoever you give the other half to is someone you implicitly trust. But we expect most players will use it for another house they personally own or to connect malls, libraries, etc.

2-way teleporters
You could make one teleporter primary in the coding ( color coded for easy identification ), so if the other one is lost to decay in an unnoticed IDOC, thrown in the trash in an argument, or whatever have you, you could redeed the primary and place again, generating another secondary tile... the coding is already in place, just borrow it from ship keys... just dont make the new secondary appear in bank box.

K

kokopelli

We only need a confirmation gump for teleporters that are set to "anyone".
If you step on a teleporter as owner/co-owner/friend of the house and land in a Felucca trap: your own fault.
If you step on a teleporter as "anyone" and land in a Felucca trap its most likely intended griefing and should be prevented.

Another solution would be a different appearance of the teleporter - not only a simple floor tile that can be hidden very easily... add some animation (like sparkles or something) that help you to spot the teleporter.