• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Spoiler) NEW Vet Rewards & 12 Anniversary Items

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
But If both houses are public you are going to die? Public/private access can be changed very quickly. If all I have to do for a few hours of easy kills is temporarily set my fel house to public... well I'm sure you'll hear more on this later. Maybe allow teleporing to fel for friends only?

*edit* oh you need to be accessed ><. Even at the "anyone" level of security?
:wall:
Maybe you just shouldn't use a teleporter from someone you don't know or if you are unsure of where it goes. :twak:

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to x-shard one of teleporters and keep them working between shards?
I imagine it will work the same as runes that are xfered. They will take you to the coordinates its linked to, but on your new server, not back to the linked house, on the different server.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imagine it will work the same as runes that are xfered. They will take you to the coordinates its linked to, but on your new server, not back to the linked house, on the different server.
Nah, what will most likely happen is nothing will happen. Once you transfer one to another shard the link between teleporters will be broken, so then won't work at all.

Would be really cool if it did tho ;)

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone on origins want to try to retouch a polar bear mount and see if you can make it transparent? Im dying to know if you can.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont really think it wil be a problem with people teleporting to fel and getting killed... sure it will happen... but not often.

Waiting all day hoping that someone steps onto and stays on a hidden teleporter long enough to bring them to you will get very old, very fast.

Public houses in luna that try this will get a bad rep really fast.

People that are snooping around others houses trying to find containers they can access and steal from DESERVE this to happen to them.

After it happens once you can call in your buddies with all their dragons to use the teleporter and drop whoever is waiting.

Its also pretty obvious that something is not right when someone trys to get you to their house with bad intentions..
- "Hey stranger, come see something cool in my house... ya, come on in... just a little further... ok, now stand RIGHT THERE"
Any 5 year old should know not to take candy from strangers and this is the same concept.

Ya, there will probably be a few cases where this will be abused. But we also need to remember, these are 12th year vet rewards, and not many people will have them... even for years to come. Use a little common sense and you will be fine.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you just shouldn't use a teleporter from someone you don't know or if you are unsure of where it goes. :twak:
Goza mat and you don't notice it...
Yeah I can see a couple ******* doing this. What will wind up happening is a GM will be called, it'll be classified as an exploit and a few people will get banned. Then they'll come on these boards crying about being unfairly treated.

After a couple ******* are banned, the abuses will die down and life as we know it will continue ;)

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone on origins want to try to retouch a polar bear mount and see if you can make it transparent? Im dying to know if you can.
Yes they will become transparent with it. Same with the Charger of the Fallen.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I should set up a mid floor completely of gozas with a missing tile dropping to a teleporter so you are instantly zaped to the fel house with no time to move off the teleporter or "leave house". Really there are tons of ways to trap someone anywhere you wish in a public house. There just hasn't been a real use for it until now.

Free travel for friend and above level access and confirmation gump for Tram/Fell access or below.

O

olduofan

:eyes: can we plz buy the House Teleporter's from uo/codes some day ?:thumbup:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so with the retouching, if you retouch your horse... then it wont be ethy huded?
it will be a solid color?

am i understanding this correctlly?

K

katherinepgoh

Are the House Teleporter graphics the same as the custom house design teleporters?

Has anyone got a graphic for the order/chaos banner yet?

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As one of the homes and castles forum mods I am constantly poking around housing looking at deco. And I also agree there are a TON of ways to trap people another helpful thing would be a verbal command to exit a house. And people can vary easily stick a tele in a house without stairs and you try and go upstairs and get the wrong tele and bam... I really see this being abused. I wanted this added quite a bit but I was hoping it would be a moongate so a context menu would be involved and so they would be obviously visible... Guess we gotta wait and see now...

M

Mr X

Yes they will become transparent with it. Same with the Charger of the Fallen.
Are devs and programmers taught to disregard siege and its players or does it come natural?

Faction arties
Faction runes
tram bleed for 10 years
And now we get more instant escape items.

Some people in this game still pk, like me. It would be nice to go to the abyss and pk somebody and not let them use a faction rune to escape or a stupid tree that resses them with all their stuff. Or compassion resses, or blessed spellbooks, etc, etc, etc, etc etc, etc, etc, etc.

After ten years you still do not get it, nor I guess will you ever get it. Every publish you ruin siege just a little more. Now that there is nobody left to complain about it, you take it as nobody cares anymore and we want this crap. Thanks for ruining the game for me.

You seriously need to put a dev devoted to siege on your payroll. I know EA is cheap as hell and it will cost a few extra shekels a year, but then we can avoid these problems and make the players happy. I mean stimulate the economy by giving someone a job. Make them part time so you can screw them out of benefits, right now you will probably get 1000 applications for it and whoever gets will be happy as hell. And well so will the siege player base.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing is keep in mind the 12 year vets all remember times of old pking and being pked... There the ones who will want to relive the glory days the most haha =)

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing is keep in mind the 12 year vets all remember times of old pking and being pked... There the ones who will want to relive the glory days the most haha =)
Eh maybe... Im 135 months old... and I used to love being a PK. These days I have kind of grown out of it. Even if I had these to spare... and didnt mind gettin a bad rep at 2 of my houses... and had the inclination to relive past glory days... I would NOT have the patience to wait for someone to wonder on to my hidden teleporter.

This really is not ging to be as big of a problem as people seem to think. You would have to wait eagerly at your keybord for weeks before someone just happened to wonder onto your hidden trap, and people just dont have that kind of time these days. Or you would have to lure someone onto it, which can be done... but unless your doing it to a friend it is VERY suspicious. See my previous post.

Its also pretty obvious that something is not right when someone trys to get you to their house with bad intentions..
- "Hey stranger, come see something cool in my house... ya, come on in... just a little further... ok, now stand RIGHT THERE"
Any 5 year old should know not to take candy from strangers and this is the same concept.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no confirmations since you need to be accessed to the destination house in order to teleport there.
Whoa! Danger! Danger! This sounds very easy to create a grief-trap. Open a vendor house, drop runes everywhere, funnel traffic through an obscured tile containing the teleporter ... set up a murder zone on the other end of the teleporter.

(as you know, some of us are very touchy about the idea of ever ending up in Fel)

Although the mailbox is a very exciting idea, I am also a little concerned about it being used as a way of griefing the next time there is a dupe. Obviously, if you get home and some random stranger has placed 125 ornies in your mailbox, you know something is wrong, but there may be cases of gray, especially if a guild uses this as a drop box for loot.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think these would even bee that much of a nightmare to code...
If fel menu yes no... type deal...
I *think* the point is, you buy a set of teleporters, and give one to a friend to put in his Fel house. IF you teleport into your "friends" Fel house and get ganked...make better friends, instead of making more coding :)

I mean, if they are sold in pairs, and you have to give one to someone to place, just watch who ya giving it to, fer cryin out loud...surely no one's gonna be just giving out their teleporters to strangers...Altho, this is UO :p

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh maybe... Im 135 months old... and I used to love being a PK. These days I have kind of grown out of it. Even if I had these to spare... and didnt mind gettin a bad rep at 2 of my houses... and had the inclination to relive past glory days... I would NOT have the patience to wait for someone to wonder on to my hidden teleporter.

This really is not ging to be as big of a problem as people seem to think. You would have to wait eagerly at your keybord for weeks before someone just happened to wonder onto your hidden trap, and people just dont have that kind of time these days. Or you would have to lure someone onto it, which can be done... but unless your doing it to a friend it is VERY suspicious. See my previous post.
You are not thinking it through thoroughly enough. This relates back to the days when runes didn't have facet annotations tied to them. When runebook dye tubs came out there were a ton of fel runes dyed to look like tram runes and droped at all the popular locations. When folks recall on them they were placed instanlly in fel wither grinders w/no chance for escape.

Same thing applies to this. One fella at luna bank shouting "leaving UO! 10 gp arties EVERYTHING must GO!" and gating to his 8x8 tram tele-traped to fel house wil net enough suckers to make the scam worthwhile. Now the one plus to this is the rewards will be few and far between at first. But one public event and moods will turn sour fast.

I'm not trying to ruin this for anyone or bust the devs chops. Just making sure a good thing doesn't go bad. Cause I really want these teleporters too.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heheh, Maplestone,that won't work but about once, and then they are busted and out of business...for good.
And besides, most of us do our shopping from outside the houses anyway :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One concern no one has mentioned...our scribes are about to go the way of the old time smith.
Hard enough to sell recalls/gates/ etc now...Since Chiv is so easy to use and with a very low skill to SJ around.
Scrappers are seldom purchased anymore, sounds kinda like the deathknell for scribes...Only reason to keep it on a char now is for the SDI.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are not thinking it through thoroughly enough. This relates back to the days when runes didn't have facet annotations tied to them. When runebook dye tubs came out there were a ton of fel runes dyed to look like tram runes and droped at all the popular locations. When folks recall on them they were placed instanlly in fel wither grinders w/no chance for escape.

Same thing applies to this. One fella at luna bank shouting "leaving UO! 10 gp arties EVERYTHING must GO!" and gating to his 8x8 tram tele-traped to fel house wil net enough suckers to make the scam worthwhile. Now the one plus to this is the rewards will be few and far between at first. But one public event and moods will turn sour fast.

I'm not trying to ruin this for anyone or bust the devs chops. Just making sure a good thing doesn't go bad. Cause I really want these teleporters too.
I dont know... I think Im thinkin it through. But I do see where your coming from... I have been there. But have you ever fallen victim of a setup like this? I have. Whats the first thing you do? Go tell everybody else to go so you can see them loose their stuff to the guy that just killed you? No. The first thing you do is go warn everybody. Ya, this may work once, but then its done... and both the tram and fel house get a bad wrap and nobody will every want to step foot inside again.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I was a victum of the recall rune scam. It was actually the first thing I thought of when I read about the teleporters. I went back and trashed all the suspect runes. I didnt tell everybody about it though. Would have been futile to stand there all day warning that it was happening.

I think scams like that don't last long and aren't designed to. They are not set up to make money or really even to grief. I think folks do it because they want to see if they can.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I agree, they dont last long. Im not saying it wount happen, Im sure it will... but not to the extent people seem to be worried it will.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mailboxes,

I'm assuming that if I don't want people to fill my box with 125 items and block up my house I could put 100 items in it and leave them in there.. there by restricting items to 25.

Kinda concerned about the space I have out front of my Keep and Castle... Isn't a whole heck of a lot of room for a big mailbox to hang out. Not much for space there to begin with and no flat surfaces just steps... *frowns a bit*... what we really, really need... is a revamp of castles and keeps to make them more "user" friendly.

Teleporters!

Wow! What a wonder that would be... with 8 accounts and 8 houses this would be awesome... Which to link first would be the biggest question for me.

As for the Fel problem... Perhaps before teleporting to fel it should give you the warning gump...

Crystal Portal... not bad. This will certainly help and a great addition for a Rune Library. Also not bad for an auction house and other public buildings.

As for my Ethy mounts.. I think I'll keep them etherial.... that's half their charm.

I'll be excited to see the new cloak colors.

Awesome job DEVS!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the Fel problem... Perhaps before teleporting to fel it should give you the warning gump...
A lot of these problems would be solved with warning gumps whenever you would cross rulesets combined with a setting for 3 levels of preferences: always agree, always prompt, always refuse.

(I don't want to get in the way of there being ways to more smoothy weave the rulesets together for people who like to play that way, I just want to set my characters to "true blue" - the reverse of the restrictions on reds)

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of these problems would be solved with warning gumps whenever you would cross rulesets combined with a setting for 3 levels of preferences: always agree, always prompt, always refuse.

(I don't want to get in the way of there being ways to more smoothy weave the rulesets together for people who like to play that way, I just want to set my characters to "true blue" - the reverse of the restrictions on reds)
This in my opinion is the best and most logical compromise.

O

olduofan

"Re-textured the death shroud"

can someone post a pic of the new shrouds plz ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do useful rewards only go to the 10-12 year players? I don't want to have to wait for UO's 23'rd anniversary to get nice things.

Well, personally I think that from a business point of view, Veteran Rewards should be interesting enough to motivate players to keep their account active even at times that they might temporarily want to deactivate them.

So, it makes all sense to me that high end Veteran Rewards might be highly desirable.
This way, some players may want to keep their account active thus maintaining revenues to the game, in order to eventually qualify for those cool rewards.

D

Deb

Popps for once I wholeheartedly agree with you. I have been playing since
Sept 97 and feel anyone that has paid that long should get alittle better
reward especially if they are deco :) and not game unbalancing which they
usually are not.
Oh and a Great big THANK YOU for all these goodies in addition to
SA to the Dev Team and all involved.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I show what the saplings look like

and the bag I received

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please post pics of the other gifts? I really wanna see the codex...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crysta, some screen shots I made earlier. Sorry I didn't have time to crop them.

Codex of Virtue and the potted version of the Silver Sapling Replica.

Mailbox. Shows the mailbox and also a view of what the container "inside" looks like in the 2d client.

Ultima Banner

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL.... god I wish we had gotten that a few weeks ago... the EM reward house on LS needs one now (the codex symbol). Was honestly hoping for the book itself though...

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow that stuff looks cool. Is the banner dyeable? Is there anyway to place it w/o the UO logo on it?

Valsu

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet. That banner looks awesome. Can't wait for this to come to the rest of the shards.

D

Deb

Is there a gate somewhere on test that allows us to get the new gifts and rewards like before?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone confirm the Crystal Gates are 1st year rewards and not 11th or 12th? It's not marked on the OP.

S

Sweeney

Well, personally I think that from a business point of view, Veteran Rewards should be interesting enough to motivate players to keep their account active even at times that they might temporarily want to deactivate them.

So, it makes all sense to me that high end Veteran Rewards might be highly desirable.
This way, some players may want to keep their account active thus maintaining revenues to the game, in order to eventually qualify for those cool rewards.
It is one thing to have interesting items for veterans.. but does anyone seriously think an online game will be around for 23 years? I'm just saying...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shakes head* Some of this will get ugly fast.

S

Sweeney

I can't wait for UO's 50th anniversary.. yeah this game will definitely be around, then maybe I can claim the 25th year vet rewards.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont double click your 12th anni cakes if you plan on saving or collecting them. LOL I ate mine on Orgin.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Dont double click your 12th anni cakes if you plan on saving or collecting them. LOL I ate mine on Orgin.
Follow it up with some blessed bacon! Good eating!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmmmm Mailboxes........I wonder if i just ask my boss later if i can have a round in UO instead of on in RL and still get payed. ;)

Then i could be in UO 24/7 and still do the same work as in RL. :)

Ofcourse... instead of getting chased by a dog when delivering mail i'll be chased by a Greater Dragon...... Coool! ;)

O

olduofan

Crysta, some screen shots I made earlier. Sorry I didn't have time to crop them.

Codex of Virtue and the potted version of the Silver Sapling Replica.

Mailbox. Shows the mailbox and also a view of what the container "inside" looks like in the 2d client.

Ultima Banner

is just me of the angle isometric view way off on this look at arcane circle and look at the Codex of Virtue looks way off imo :drool:

M

maroite

New Vet rewards...
- Ethy Reptalon (Ethy Mount) (11th Year)
- Ethereal Hiryu (Ethy Mount) (12th Year)
Although cool there was nothing in the vet rewards to promote the new expansion race, which is considered by many to be rather... lacking.

Ethies are cool, but its a waste of a choice for anyone who converted their main to a gargoyle.

Why isn't there some type of equally useful/interesting gargoyle option? :thumbdown: