• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Spoiler) NEW Vet Rewards & 12 Anniversary Items

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-------Thanks to Assia, Tina Small, and R Traveler for helping collect all this great info so far------
I dont play on Origin, so all I have is a list of the items...

New Vet rewards...
- Ethy Reptalon (Ethy Mount) (11th Year)
- Ethereal Hiryu (Ethy Mount) (12th Year)
- Wall Banner Deed (House Add-On) (11th Year?)
- Crystal Portal (Misc) (1st Year)
- Retouching Tool (Misc)
- House Teleporter (Misc) (12th Year)
- Fire Ant(12th Year) and Terathan Matriarch(11th Year) (Statues)
- Clothing Colors Forest Green(11th Year) and Royal Blue(12th Year) (Including Gargish Robes)

12th Anniversary Ticket Choices...
- Codex of Virtue
- Silver Sapling Replica
- Ultima Banner
- Mailbox

***Mail Boxes***
-Anybody can place items in the Mail Box as long as your house is set to Public, or they have access to your house.
-By adjusting the security option you can choose who has access to take items out of the box. So If you set the security to Owner... then anybody can put stuff in the mail box, but only the house Owner can take items out.
---The only way to prevent someone from leaving items in the box is to Ban them from your house---

***Crystal Portal***
This crystal portal allows you to teleport directly to a bank or a moongate.
For Trammel ruleset, say the city's name followed by "mint" (e.g. "minoc mint").
For a moongate, say the gate's name and "moongate" (eg. "minoc moongate").
For Felucca, say "fel" then same rules as above. So "fel minoc mint" or "fel minoc moongate"

***Retouching Tool***
Target the ethereal mount you wish to retouch.
Your ethereal mount's body has been solidified.
Your ethereal mount's transparency has been restored.

***House Teleporter***
Allows you to teleport from one location in a house to another
Works between different houses!!!
Also works between facets. So you can teleport from your Tram House to Your Fel House if you like.
You do not have to be 11 or 12 year old to be able to use the retouching tools or house teleporters. You only have to be that old to claim them. After that, you can freely trade/buy them with/from others.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crystal portal and the retouching tool are the only interesting sounding ones. Maybe just because I don't know what they are.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya im interested to see some screen shots and details on these

W

woody_cats

now ender you know you should not admit to not knowing what those items did and that was what made you curious. my husband off today refuses to log in to check for me hehe.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adding additional spoilers for veteran rewards (I think):

Clothing colors - Forest Green and Royal Blue

Ethereal Hiryu and House Teleporter

Edit: Oh! An Order-Chaos Banners

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted some quickly made screen shots in the other thread. Sorry I didn't have time to crop them.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adding additional spoilers for veteran rewards (I think):

Clothing colors - Forest Green and Royal Blue

Ethereal Hiryu and House Teleporter

Edit: Oh! An Order-Chaos Banners
Thanks Assia, I just updated my OP with that new info... Guess some of those much be 12 year ones since I dont show the option and am only about 11 1/2

K

katherinepgoh

Anyone have any idea WHAT a retouching tool does?

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have any idea WHAT a retouching tool does?
And also Crystal Portal? The house teleporter would also be nice to know more about (even though I guess it sounds self explanatory - can't wait to get one for my castle! :))

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious as to how that mail box works.
Also are 11 and 12 year the only new rewards or did they stick some new ones in for the younger accounts too?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious as to how that mail box works.
Also are 11 and 12 year the only new rewards or did they stick some new ones in for the younger accounts too?
Most of the rewards are at the end of the list with the exception of the Crystal Portal.. I think that might be the first year they referenced. Other than that, I believe all are 11 or 12 year rewards.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My account is not yet 12 years old, and I did not see the option for the Hyru Ethy, the Fire Ant Statue, or the House Teleporter. So it looks like castle owners are going to need to wait a little while unless they are 12 years old.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My account is not yet 12 years old, and I did not see the option for the Hyru Ethy, or the House Teleporter. So it looks like castle owners are going to need to wait a little while unless they are 12 years old.
The Royal Blue clothing options are also 12 year I believe. Forest Green, I'm pretty sure is 11 yr.

S

Sweeney

Why do useful rewards only go to the 10-12 year players? I don't want to have to wait for UO's 23'rd anniversary to get nice things.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I show the option for the Green but not the Blue... thanks for catching that... ***Updated OP***

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my 12 year account I see everything... on my 9 year I only see the wall banner and the crystal portal. On my 7 year account I only see the crystal portal. So that definitely puts the wall banner at either 8 or 9 so I assume folks are correct in assuming the crystal portal is the new 1st year.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do useful rewards only go to the 10-12 year players? I don't want to have to wait for UO's 23'rd anniversary to get nice things.
because veterans should get the best and most useful things for their dedication to the game, my acct is only 9 yrs but i still think that 12 yr vets should get the best things, hell they should actually get things that matter like a weapon that has a 10% chance of instantly killing someone or something, make it really worth it to be a vet !

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And also Crystal Portal? The house teleporter would also be nice to know more about (even though I guess it sounds self explanatory - can't wait to get one for my castle! :))
This crystal portal allows you to teleport directly to a bank or a moongate.
For Trammel ruleset, say the city's name followed by "mint" (e.g. "minoc mint").
For a moongate, say the gate's name and "moongate" (eg. "minoc moongate").
For Felucca, say "fel" then same rules as above. So "fel minoc mint" or "fel minoc moongate"

O

onthefifty

i'm with sweeny here. i'm going on 3 years, and already have the llama ready to go. i'm not saying that the long term guys should'nt be rewarded but sheesh.

not like i'm into deco but does a fire ant statue really need to be 12 year reward. i mean who cares?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not have to be 11 or 12 year old to be able to use the retouching tools or house teleporters. You only have to be that old to claim them. After that, you can freely trade/buy them with/from others.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow... GREAT to know... Thanks Sakkarah!!!:thumbup:

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what does the mailbox do? Does it allow people to leave things for you and only you can access it or what?

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like this approach! Younger players who want them badly enough just have to find a seller and pay the presumably steep price, and the older players are rewarded with having a monopoly on the market. Seems like a good balance!

N

Nastia Cross

Can someone please post what the House Teleporters are?? THANKS!

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what does the mailbox do? Does it allow people to leave things for you and only you can access it or what?
I hope so! I've always thought a secure drop-box of some kind would be extremely useful. Nice way to submit things for auctions, return borrowed items, etc.

K

kokopelli

What about the crystal portal?
Can "younger" players/house visitors use it too?

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope so! I've always thought a secure drop-box of some kind would be extremely useful. Nice way to submit things for auctions, return borrowed items, etc.
That is what I was thinking. Would make my life easier for auctions on Origin.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here, I really hope thats how they work!!! This would be extreemly helpful with returning items you borrowed and at Auctions likeyou said... and also a GREAT way for guild donations as well.

As for the House Teleporters... Im about 90% sure that they work just like the teleporters in normal customizable houses (Would be good to know how many you get... a set of 2, 4 8, 10?) But I kind of hope that it allows you to link it between houses... that way if you pay for 2 accounts you can teleport between them instantly. Now that would be AWESOME! ***Dares to dream***

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While the new crystal teleporter is awesome and I assume the house teleporter(s) are awesome too, I have a nagging thought in the back of my mind about whether or not they are a signal for upcoming changes. That "wild, wild West" comment Cal Crowner made has had me wondering now for almost two months about whether we're going to lose Recall/SJ/Gate spells and have to walk everywhere. Or lose insurance. Or be forced to pick a "side"/"loyalty grouping" and be subject to attack by anyone in a different loyalty group, regardless of where we are.

Then again, if there really are housing locations in the Abyss, maybe these things were made primarily to make life easier for the individuals lucky enough to win those locations for their house.

T

Tay M'real

While the new crystal teleporter is awesome and I assume the house teleporter(s) are awesome too, I have a nagging thought in the back of my mind about whether or not they are a signal for upcoming changes. That "wild, wild West" comment Cal Crowner made has had me wondering now for almost two months about whether we're going to lose Recall/SJ/Gate spells and have to walk everywhere. Or lose insurance. Or be forced to pick a "side"/"loyalty grouping" and be subject to attack by anyone in a different loyalty group, regardless of where we are.
if that's the case - welcome to the real UO

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sure hope not... Seeing as how that stuff is available on Siege, and the majority of people who do not play Siege would view these changes as a MAJOR aggravation and NOT a fun addition... I doubt they would make such a change. At least, I sure hope not.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

...whether we're going to lose Recall/SJ/Gate spells and have to walk everywhere. Or lose insurance. Or be forced to pick a "side"/"loyalty grouping" and be subject to attack by anyone in a different loyalty group, regardless of where we are.
Definitely no.

As for the House Teleporters... Im about 90% sure that they work just like the teleporters in normal customizable houses (Would be good to know how many you get... a set of 2, 4 8, 10?) But I kind of hope that it allows you to link it between houses... that way if you pay for 2 accounts you can teleport between them instantly. Now that would be AWESOME! ***Dares to dream***
Yes to both the assumption and the hope.

Aislin*SP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Great idea... Could you please make this true for all vet rewards? You know - so anyone can dye armor and rune books and ride ethys?

Thanks!

N

Nastia Cross

O
M
G

Teleporting between houses!! Finally!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

...whether we're going to lose Recall/SJ/Gate spells and have to walk everywhere. Or lose insurance. Or be forced to pick a "side"/"loyalty grouping" and be subject to attack by anyone in a different loyalty group, regardless of where we are.
Definitely no.

OUT-FREAKIN'-STANDING!

I must say, between all of the cool stuff that happened with the SA expansion and the quality of the new gifts, the current group of devs and designers is doing a tremendous job! We've had good teams in the past at times, too, but there seems to be a deluge of really cool stuff being released lately. Way to go!

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That "wild, wild West" comment Cal Crowner made has had me wondering now for almost two months about whether we're going to lose Recall/SJ/Gate spells and have to walk everywhere. Or lose insurance. Or be forced to pick a "side"/"loyalty grouping" and be subject to attack by anyone in a different loyalty group, regardless of where we are.
That will never happen, especially given how unpopular Siege is. I can't see Mythic being this foolish; it would be a death blow to an already ailing game. That'd be a SWG/NGE-level mistake!

That said, color me impressed at these various rewards. They, along with a surprisingly decent expansion, really help make up for the last few years of shiftiness and neglect. What, anniversary "gifts" I don't have to pay real cash for?! :D Nicely done, EA-Mythic.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely no.
Woot! Thank you for the quick reaction, Sakkarah. I've been deeply concerned about these possibilities for quite a while now and am glad you were able to confirm these particular things won't be happening. Time to think about some other possibilities now, I guess. (Or you could just get Cal to please give us some kind of clarification or at least tell us WHEN we can expect the other shoe to drop.)

:p

K

katherinepgoh

Anyone placed a crystal portal yet? Or a house Teleporter? I'd like to see the graphics

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody know how many House Teleporters you get with each "claim"? Is it a set of 2? Or do you get more?

K

kokopelli

I like the mailbox!
The idea behind it that is - but I mean really... "Mailbox"?
Couldn't you come up with a name a little bit more fitting into the UO theme?
Anyways - I assume the mailbox content does count against the house storage limit?
And the mailbox can hold up to 125 items like most containers?

G

guum

Sigh...just hit 7 years a couple months ago and claimed all my rewards. :/

Ahh well...guess I'll be buying some things on the second-hand market. Looks good.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the range for these teleporters? Do the houses have to be within viewing distance of each other? If not, will they allow for travel between facets?

This is a very cool and unexpected addition. Thank you! :thumbup:

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im curious to see weather the mailboxes will only allow the owner to retrieve items out of them as some others have posted. This would be IDEAL. I am also curious to see if they will be accessable from private homes. For example... If I place a Bullitin Board on my door step and set the security to "Anybody", but set my house to private... strangers cannot leave me messages. This will probably work the same way, but I hope they have found a way to make it work for those in Fel who keep their houses private for safety.