• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Spoiler) NEW Vet Rewards & 12 Anniversary Items

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While the new crystal teleporter is awesome and I assume the house teleporter(s) are awesome too, I have a nagging thought in the back of my mind about whether or not they are a signal for upcoming changes. That "wild, wild West" comment Cal Crowner made has had me wondering now for almost two months about whether we're going to lose Recall/SJ/Gate spells and have to walk everywhere. Or lose insurance. Or be forced to pick a "side"/"loyalty grouping" and be subject to attack by anyone in a different loyalty group, regardless of where we are.
I sure hope not... Seeing as how that stuff is available on Siege, and the majority of people who do not play Siege would view these changes as a MAJOR aggravation and NOT a fun addition... I doubt they would make such a change. At least, I sure hope not.
You and me both. If I am able to play for an hour a night I'm happy. I don't want to spend 15 minutes of that time running around between banks and my houses to get what I need.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the range for these teleporters? Do the houses have to be within viewing distance of each other? If not, will they allow for travel between facets?

This is a very cool and unexpected addition. Thank you! :thumbup:
I sure hope they will allow between facets. Man, I cant wait to buy a pair and link my houses!!!

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the range for these teleporters? Do the houses have to be within viewing distance of each other? If not, will they allow for travel between facets?
No range limit. You can travel between facets as long as you meet requirements like murderers, young, entitlement etc.

G

guum

Im curious to see weather the mailboxes will only allow the owner to retrieve items out of them as some others have posted. This would be IDEAL. I am also curious to see if they will be accessable from private homes. For example... If I place a Bullitin Board on my door step and set the security to "Anybody", but set my house to private... strangers cannot leave me messages. This will probably work the same way, but I hope they have found a way to make it work for those in Fel who keep their houses private for safety.
Although I think it's a cool idea, I wonder how long mailboxes are going to last. It sounds to me like it could quickly turn into a tool for griefing or avenue for exploits. Just idle speculation though...could be great.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No range limit. You can travel between facets as long as you meet requirements like murderers, young, entitlement etc.
So am I reading this right? I can put a teleporter in my house in Tram, Destard, and step onto/into it and pop out at my keep in Fel, Skara Brae?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what does the mailbox do? Does it allow people to leave things for you and only you can access it or what?
Yes.
Hmm.....I had a co-owner on the house set down a mailbox inside the house and put the access to anyone. Any character in the house, even those on accounts different from the co-owners and house owner's account, could place things in the mailbox AND remove items placed in the box by another character. In other words, with the access set to "anyone," it is functioning just like any other secure container with access set to "anyone."

Don't have room on the keep's front steps to try putting it out there and experiment with characters that have had their house access removed. Anyone else try doing that yet?

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although I think it's a cool idea, I wonder how long mailboxes are going to last. It sounds to me like it could quickly turn into a tool for griefing or avenue for exploits. Just idle speculation though...could be great.
Good point... You know what would be cool... is if they had some kind of log... like "Left by "So & So" so that if somebody was griefing you by filling your box with unwanted trash you could simply ban them. Just like the bullitin feature where you can ban a poster right from the board weather or not the person is even there or in game.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Whats the difference between a mailbox and a secure container?
Set to "anyone" the mailbox is supposed to allow items to be dropped off by anyone but claimed only by the account that placed it?

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Set to "anyone" the mailbox is supposed to allow items to be dropped off by anyone but claimed only by the account that placed it?
That is our hope... and it sounds like that was the intention. But so far the only person who has tried it says that is not how it is working. Maybe they will fix it, or maybe we just dont know how to properly set it up yet?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried setting the mailbox on the steps of my keep (in Fel, on Origin). Set the access to "anyone." Then I removed a character's access to the house and threw her outside. She could SEE the mailbox, how many items were in it and their total weight, but she could not open the mailbox. She got the message that it was a "secure container." Once I restored her access to the house, she could open the mailbox and remove stuff from it, although she didn't place the mailbox or put the contents in it.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The difference is anyone can put items in the mailbox, regardless of security settings as long as they are not banned from the house. To retrieve items, the owner can set the security level as he pleases. So if you only want the owner to be able to retrieve the mail, set the security to owner only.

Whereas with a secured container, only the people with proper security can add items to it which also allows them to retrieve items.

With a mailbox, the only way to prevent someone from leaving you something is by banning them from your house. But you fully control who can retrieve the items.

W

wrekognize

I thought the same thing. someone will probably run around putting 125 ore in every mailbox.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will flagged players be able to use the House Teleporter? And obviously, red players will not be able to travel to a linked house in Tram, right?

If a person isn't accessed to the linked house, will they still be able to use the teleporter before being booted outside? Or will they not be able to use the teleporter at all?

Will the teleporters have individual access lists?

Will there be a cooldown period, or charges that refresh over a period of time?

I can see the potential for much abuse already in the PvP realm.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the same thing. someone will probably run around putting 125 ore in every mailbox.
I'll take ore in my mailbox any day, but I know what you are saying. I don't think it will be a big issue.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple of questions about the teleporters. (If I missed the answers, I apologize in advance).

First off, after they have been claimed... can any age place them or only 12 year accounts?

Second one, when you redeem a house teleporter, do you get a pair of them?

The last question since we can use them to teleport between houses ...

Let's say I place them in House A...

An' then the other at House B...

Let's say something happens to that second house... either it belongs to a friend who turns out to be a jerk, gets hacked or whatever... Is one of the teleporters considered the 'primary' one that we can use to get back the other half of the pair or are we just out of luck?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay...did more testing. Set access on the mailbox to owner only. Other characters with access to the house (i.e., characters that can actually get IN the house) can drop items into the mailbox but cannot open it to see the contents or to take items out.

The mailbox is sitting on the front steps. A character with NO access to the house cannot drop items into the mailbox, or of course open it or view the contents.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Endrik for the mention at the top! *hugs* An' thanks to everyone for all the good questions and help sorting the in's and out's of these new toys.

Thank you EA for some very thoughtful and wonderful anniversary gifts as well as veteran rewards. I love the mailbox and there is a huge amount of potential for it in the RP world.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***Retouching Tool***
Target the ethereal mount you wish to retouch.
Your ethereal mount's body has been solidified.
Your ethereal mount's transparency has been restored.

You do not have to be 11 or 12 year old to be able to use the retouching tools or house teleporters. You only have to be that old to claim them. After that, you can freely trade/buy them with/from others.
Question will this work like a dye tub? Lock it down and people can use it?

All very nice, the teleporter comes away as the huge winner. Do we have more info coming on how the tiles are distributed, get placed, security levels etc?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay...did more testing. Set access on the mailbox to owner only. Other characters with access to the house (i.e., characters that can actually get IN the house) can drop items into the mailbox but cannot open it to see the contents or to take items out.

The mailbox is sitting on the front steps. A character with NO access to the house cannot drop items into the mailbox, or of course open it or view the contents.
So this is on a private house? Anyone test it on a public house yet?

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok My day is officaly made... so where do I get the address for the Devs office I need to send them gold stars =)

[Edit]
Although I'm not super excited about making the Retouching Tool usable by any way maybe like a 5th year use limit but oh well. The Rp Community will Love it =) Ya for completing my collection of ethys!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok My day is officaly made... so where do I get the address for the Devs office I need to send them gold stars =)
I agree. Very well done in my opinion. I will admit I was a bit worried we'd get a cake, card and a fireworks wand. Thank you again.

M

Mark Knotts

I have simple question:

1. Can anyone use these tickets? I noticed there's no names on the tickets so can we freely trade these unlike last years Christmas presents (had to redeem first)?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will flagged players be able to use the House Teleporter? And obviously, red players will not be able to travel to a linked house in Tram, right?
The teleporters follow the same rules as normal teleportation. You cannot travel if:

1. You're in heat of battle
2. Flagged criminal
3. Your character's weight exceed his capacity
4. You are dragging items
5. You aren't allowed access to that facet (reds in Tram, Youngs in Fel, no entitlement)
6. You aren't allowed access to the destination house

So if you are friended to Player A's house that has a teleporter to Player B's house, but Player B's house is private and you're not friended to it, you will not be able to teleport into Player B's house from Player A's teleporter. But if both houses are public, and the start teleporter is at a security setting to which you are allowed, you will be able to travel back and forth.

*hopes that explanation was clear* :eyes:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The teleporters follow the same rules as normal teleportation. You cannot travel if:

1. You're in heat of battle
2. Flagged criminal
3. Your character's weight exceed his capacity
4. You are dragging items
5. You aren't allowed access to that facet (reds in Tram, Youngs in Fel, no entitlement)
6. You aren't allowed access to the destination house

So if you are friended to Player A's house that has a teleporter to Player B's house, but Player B's house is private and you're not friended to it, you will not be able to teleport into Player B's house from Player A's teleporter. But if both houses are public, and the start teleporter is at a security setting to which you are allowed, you will be able to travel back and forth.

*hopes that explanation was clear* :eyes:
So when we redeem a House Teleporter... do we only get one or a 'pair'? How are they linked together?

M

Mairut

Those are awesome!!! I wonder how much the teleporters will cost when someone decides to sell o.0

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when we redeem a House Teleporter... do we only get one or a 'pair'? How are they linked together?
You only get one pair and they are bound to each other. Tile A will ALWAYS teleport you to Tile B of that set. You can't mix them with another set. So if you get multiple sets, it can become a little confusing. A player made the wise suggestion of being able to mark them somehow. It is too late for this publish, but we will provide you guys with a way of identifying 2 tiles of a set. Maybe with the engraving tool or something in an upcoming publish.

Can anyone use these tickets? I noticed there's no names on the tickets so can we freely trade these unlike last years Christmas presents (had to redeem first)?
Yes, anyone can use them. We took note from last year :lick:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. Very well done in my opinion. I will admit I was a bit worried we'd get a cake, card and a fireworks wand. Thank you again.

actually, I would have liked a fireworks wand that still works in 2D.... right now, all the old ones send up a spark, but there is no display :(

and really, can ya have too many fireworks in your life? :)

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if the inter house teleporters work like normal teleporters ...you step on them and whooosh.... is there a confirmation gump for tram to fel houses? If not can I secure a chest with "OMG FREE ARTIES!!!" engraved on it in front of a covered teleporter to my fel house. Then I can just wait there to slaughter trammies and collect their uninsured goodies. I just found a new use for my Luna shop.

O

olduofan

you think maybe we could buy the House Teleporter's from uo/codes some day ?

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually, I would have liked a fireworks wand that still works in 2D.... right now, all the old ones send up a spark, but there is no display :(

and really, can ya have too many fireworks in your life? :)
LoL, My box of 125 says "yes, you can have too many". Now, if only I could bring myself to just throw them away... Im such a pack rat!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quick question:

Say player A places one half of their teleporter set in player B's house. Say both players have a falling out, and player B removes house acces to player A. How does player A retrieve that teleporter back? Unless I'm not following the same logic here, which is usually the case, hehe.

V

Vyal

Gheed stop bringing these things up to this dev I bet it'll get fixed now....:twak::twak::twak:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last question since we can use them to teleport between houses ...

Let's say I place them in House A...

An' then the other at House B...

Let's say something happens to that second house... either it belongs to a friend who turns out to be a jerk, gets hacked or whatever... Is one of the teleporters considered the 'primary' one that we can use to get back the other half of the pair or are we just out of luck?
We still have no answer to this part

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only get one pair and they are bound to each other. Tile A will ALWAYS teleport you to Tile B of that set. You can't mix them with another set. So if you get multiple sets, it can become a little confusing. A player made the wise suggestion of being able to mark them somehow. It is too late for this publish, but we will provide you guys with a way of identifying 2 tiles of a set. Maybe with the engraving tool or something in an upcoming publish.

Yes, anyone can use them. We took note from last year :lick:
Okay, so additional questions.
Btw, this has a lot of potential for guilds and rp towns!

You get a pair of teleporters and put one in your house and give the other to a friend. Months later, they get hacked or whatever... have you permanently lost that teleporter or can you somehow recover it using the primary teleporter (teleporter A)?

Are the teleporters only one way or can you teleport also from teleporter B to teleporter A?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question:

Say player A places one half of their teleporter set in player B's house. Say both players have a falling out, and player B removes house acces to player A. How does player A retrieve that teleporter back? Unless I'm not following the same logic here, which is usually the case, hehe.
Write a prenup? :blushing:

On a more serious note, really not a whole lot that can be done there. You will need to work it out or both lose. We considered that issue before release but as there would be no way for us to establish who deserves to get the set over who, we have to leave that one in your hands. So obviously, you will want to make sure whoever you give the other half to is someone you implicitly trust. But we expect most players will use it for another house they personally own or to connect malls, libraries, etc.

Are the teleporters only one way or can you teleport also from teleporter B to teleporter A?
2-way teleporters

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***Retouching Tool***
Target the ethereal mount you wish to retouch.
Your ethereal mount's body has been solidified.
Your ethereal mount's transparency has been restored.

Can you use this then to make a polar bear mount transparent?

M

Mr X

CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THE CRYSTAL PORTALS OFF SIEGE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE AND YES I KNOW I TYPED IN CAPS BECAUSE I AM SCREAMING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if the inter house teleporters work like normal teleporters ...you step on them and whooosh.... is there a confirmation gump for tram to fel houses? If not can I secure a chest with "OMG FREE ARTIES!!!" engraved on it in front of a covered teleporter to my fel house. Then I can just wait there to slaughter trammies and collect their uninsured goodies. I just found a new use for my Luna shop.
There are no confirmations since you need to be accessed to the destination house in order to teleport there. There are very few Fel houses that are public. So if you are teleporting into a private house (with the owner's intent of ganking your for your loot) then you would need to be accessed to that house in order for the teleport to work to begin with. So if you're getting PKed by a friend, this would have happened regardless of teleporters.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good points all Sakkarah, thank you for hanging with us in this thread.

After losing some nice items in days past, it's not a mistake I'll be making again but wanted to give a heads up to others.

*big grins*

G

guum

There are no confirmations since you need to be accessed to the destination house in order to teleport there. There are very few Fel houses that are public. So if you are teleporting into a private house (with the owner's intent of ganking your for your loot) then you would need to be accessed to that house in order for the teleport to work to begin with. So if you're getting PKed by a friend, this would have happened regardless of teleporters.
Set the fel house public for ganking? I agree that there should be a confirmation for this if I'm understanding its use correctly (maybe I'm not).

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before it goes live... public fel house with teleporter in blocked spot (prison cell). So you must use context menu to leave it. You'll get ganked before you realize this.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Write a prenup? :blushing:

On a more serious note, really not a whole lot that can be done there. You will need to work it out or both lose. We considered that issue before release but as there would be no way for us to establish who deserves to get the set over who, we have to leave that one in your hands. So obviously, you will want to make sure whoever you give the other half to is someone you implicitly trust. But we expect most players will use it for another house they personally own or to connect malls, libraries, etc.
Is it possible in a later publish that they might be made to have one recognized as primary and possibly when it is axed that it gives you back both teleporters? I know it would be a pain to get with the secondary person to have it replaced if you moved the primary one around, but I think many might agree that the safety feature of it outweighs the inconvenience.

I know it would be a headache code wise, but the teleporters could have a lot of potential if there was a safer way to use them.

I could see vendor coalitions linking their shops together or having a town center with teleporters to all the different shops. Cooperative rune libraries interlinking and such.

If the teleporters were a 1st year, it wouldn't be as big of a deal as feasibly they'd be replaceable likely for a 6 million or so and there are enough younger accounts to get a decent presence of them. However, being 12 yr rewards, there will be fewer and far more expensive to replace should something go wrong.

An' please don't take these as criticism, I do love them. I just would like to see if it might be possible to tweak them later on to make them even more useful to the community.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But If both houses are public you are going to die? Public/private access can be changed very quickly. If all I have to do for a few hours of easy kills is temporarily set my fel house to public... well I'm sure you'll hear more on this later. Maybe allow teleporing to fel for friends only?

*edit* oh you need to be accessed ><. Even at the "anyone" level of security?

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is much better than anything I could have imagined!!

However, instead of Gold stars lets send them...... Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!

and BEER!!

and what the heck....MORE BEER!!

After all the work they've put in lately I bet they could use both!!

Seriously, I really really love the gifts and rewards! I can't wait to link my 3 homes on Napa and 4 homes on Cats with Teleporters! HMMM I wonder......... LoL ;)

O

olduofan

:eyes:you think maybe we could buy the House Teleporter's from uo/codes some day ?:thumbup:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to x-shard one of teleporters and keep them working between shards?

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya the whole no menu to fel thing is gona be a BAD thing real quick... LOL I don't even kill people and part of me wants to do it... haha =) and I already know exactly how to design the house so there is no escape... but really that should be looked into. I also agree with the primary idea one primary tele if you click it menu pops up and u can get the second deed back problem solved...

I don't think these would even bee that much of a nightmare to code...
If fel menu yes no... type deal...
and
on click you get a menu with option to get it back. If the deed itself were also the tele wouldn't be hard at all, make it like the new rugs put deed down 2 click and it turns into the tele. no changing of ids, they would stay the same so then with the original u click it and it teles the first id to you and changes it back into a deed...

I'm sorry I just hope this gets addressed before its abused because if its abused your gonna take um all away form us =( and will take for ever to fix um....