• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma PvP Thread **Read Disclaimer Before Posting!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Razeial

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm anxious to see what TMI says... All his chars are built around some of the gimpest templates... He won't know how to keep it strictly mage only spells...

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how you say that Trin.

So let me get this right...

<font color="red">Necro shouldn't use Necro spells.

<font color="blue"> No, They just shouldn't go, Strangle, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike. Why don't you and DR.DOOM team up and run protection and chug on your necro mages? </font>

Mages should only be Pure mage which is Inscribe and Wrestling.
<font color="blue"> Pure mage is wrestling and inscribe, atleast if you played pre-trammel, but you wouldn't know about that now would ya TMI? </font>

Archers shouldn't use running shot.
<font color="blue"> easily combated </font>

Stealth archer shouldnt hide.
<font color="blue"> who said that? </font>

Chiv dexers shouldn't use Holy Light
<font color="blue"> again with spam </font>

Gimp Templates aren't part of the game they don't exist. </font>
Someone throws out a figure lets say 10 mil to duel and then makes all these rules up what is that telling you about them? <font color="blue"> Generally, if you enter into an agreement that yields a reward, you have to play by the payer's rules. but since you never leave the home, you wouldn't know......it's ok we forgive you
</font>

Your living a warped life to think people duel how you tell them to duel. Its not a true test. <font color="blue"> Atleast we have lives =/ </font>

What game are you playing? It isn't UO. This isn't WOW. I am not a self proclaimed "Best Mage Ever" no where has this been typed.

<font color="blue"> Please don't flatter your self, no one said you were the best mage ever. </font>

Why don't you take your rules and shove them up your a$$?
<font color="blue"> you're quite familiar with that action, no? </font>

If you want to duel I pick my template and play it how I want. Not how you tell me. I pick my template you pick yours we meet you die simple?

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

I agree with flaps, lets go get our tamers and have a duel! Can i bring my pikachu? ^_^

Basically Apple, your absolutly right, you can use annnnnnnyyyyything you want in the game. But when you run around w/ protection and spam the same spell over and over, you lose the ability to call yourself good. you wanna win a free 10m? Duel ron 1v1 pure mage (which means wrestle and inscription for the intellectually impared). Take it or leave it. if you want the gold you'll learn to play a pure mage. Your about as good as King Kyrite in a duel.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm anxious to see what TMI says... All his chars are built around some of the gimpest templates... He won't know how to keep it strictly mage only spells...

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone throws out a figure lets say 10 mil to duel and then makes all these rules up what is that telling you about them?

Your living a warped life to think people duel how you tell them to duel. Its not a true test.

What game are you playing? It isn't UO. This isn't WOW. I am not a self proclaimed "Best Mage Ever" no where has this been typed.

If you want to duel I pick my template and play it how I want. Not how you tell me. I pick my template you pick yours we meet you die simple?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha I knew it wouldn't take him long to excercise his "opt out" clause... hahahaha

Since the beginning of UO, duels have always been set in stone as pure mage... plain and simple... no questions asked bout the way it is done... No precasting bless before the battle none of that nonsense that goes on now days...

We're all sorry u weren't raised in the old days when true skill was tested via PURE mage duels...

I'm sure good ol' Ron won't mind fighting u either way...

T

TrustMeInc

You guys are like "Three Blind Mice"

Live in your dream world. Since the days of old. lol

Yea lets all run around in "Magic Plate Armor"
and kill people with Magic Arrows get with the times.

10 MILL ANY TEMPLATE ANYTIME RON NO RULES IN AN AREA YOU CANT RUN!!!

Who's opting out now?

R

Razeial

No one ran around in "magic plate armor" casting magic arrows and killing people. If you ran around in armor as a mage, you were a newb, cuz it served little purpose. It's ok TMI, just admit it, you'd never be able to last without arties. Hug AoS more plz.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol any template?

I thought we were talking about magery, not some no skill point and click template that EA made so you were able to go to felucca.

You are right half way I suppose. The gimp templates that allow people with almost no hand eye coordination or sense of timing to be good at pvp is in fact what UO has become.

I just remembered why I quit.
Template &gt; Skill

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just remembered why I quit.
Template &gt; Skill

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to actually HAVE skill for a template to be greater than your skill Ron. THATS why you quit.

S

slipperywhenwet

Balinor and Some noob i dont recognize talking about skill, what is the world coming too. In case you are curious (this is for you Balinor and that other no name) a duel is MAGERY, not gimp templates. MAGERY requires skill. Although unfortunately it seems like anyone with any skill has pretty much left the game (except for a few die hard waka and a few others names i recognized). All that is left is people who were terrible till all the good people left talking about how they now own. Congrats on owning the last bit of a game that most of the skilled people have left!!!!

R

Razeial

well said slip. just to clarify, that no-name newb is applejacks from cop, a "good mage" born out of AoS. sad part about balinor is that he doesnt even own a mage. its been known since the dawn of pvp in uo that MAGERY has been the true test of skill because it requires actual thought process and timing. its real easy to say "all kill" and then press F1 to prep a dismount, double click, and then call your self good. skill comes from experience. you can always judge how long a person has been pvping based on thier temp. balinor reminds me of lil flip and absque odium, all three are annoying and ignorant as hell.

H

Hermetic

<blockquote><hr>

Lol Lefty is still crying about wands. If I recall correctly, waka was at its largest and most powerful after wands were nerfed.
Unless your Sunrise Adams, (the only good COP mage in the past 2 or so years) you really don't know how to play a mage and don't understand how we were killing you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol Sunrise Adams? as in Princess Ultima! Hah.

Somebody get Vian on the phone, i want confirmation.

M

Madchild

DR DOOM this is for you lmao one of the few times ima addmit to agreeing .

i got on dooms cast abt protection and chugin one day in game
and for once he made sence

he basicly said if its in my spell book if EA says i can then i will .

face it the game lets ya spam lets ya chug on most all templates

you guys and your bull$hit mage fights it stupid ya think that helps ya gain skill then ya come here and pancake at ppl cuz they Killed you on a so called "gimp" template or they hit pain spike 5 times while a rev was on ya big effin deal it can be done so it is done .

if ya dont like pain spike then hahaha get this chug a effin pot .
ya lil dexers dont like revs? get a damn dispel weapon
all the lil things you guys pancake abt can be combated .

if cop/mofo/moo arnt doing $h!t then why can we pop a harry mid day on a saturday and leave it for 2 hours come back to it at full health (happened before P's arival) oh it was in destard .

if we did that now we know P will show up at least someone will come out

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

"Congrats on owning the last bit of a game that most of the skilled people have left!!!!"

Funny, How these so called skilled people leave the game the same time a PvP nerf is applied.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

"that no-name newb is applejacks from cop, a "good mage" born out of AoS"

Apple was here way before you poked your head out in UO:R.

btw did you visit destard last night? How did you fair?

R

Razeial

<blockquote><hr>

"Congrats on owning the last bit of a game that most of the skilled people have left!!!!"

Funny, How these so called skilled people leave the game the same time a PvP nerf is applied.

<font color="red"> The skilled pvpers left when AoS came out, don't act like they left just recently. Infact the recent pvp changes have brought some older players back. </font>

<font color="red"> Lefty, i've been playing this game longer than you have. Don't tell me when i began. </font>

btw did you visit destard last night? How did you fair?

<font color="red"> Actually no i didn't, but thanks for trying. Moron. You should go "enhance" your computer some more, because what you've done so far hasn't helped much where pvp is concerned. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Just tossing this out there....dispel weapons for some reason are bugged and always have been. Im almost 100% sure the dispel effect is checked with your eval int and if you have none (or 20 from JoT) it says you fail to dispel......just throwing that out there.

BTW nothing against gimp temps or whatever just that if your dueling its USUALLY pure mage or pure dexxer.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

" The skilled pvpers left when AoS came out, don't act like they left just recently. Infact the recent pvp changes have brought some older players back. "

Then where does that leave you?

" Lefty, i've been playing this game longer than you have. Don't tell me when i began. "

You started in UO:R. The fact is I booted you from my Order guild long, long ago. You were a major dexer and you only took up magery when Flood was running around with 5/6 casting... AOS..

"
Actually no i didn't, but thanks for trying. Moron. You should go "enhance" your computer some more, because what you've done so far hasn't helped much where pvp is concerned."

Well then just to inform you someone is using your name, showed up and I owned him up in a good 3 seconds.

M

Madchild

"Apple was here way before you poked your head out in UO:R.
Lefty, i've been playing this game longer than you have. Don't tell me when i began"

Message from the deep dark pit:

Funny, Razeial that you should say that you played longer than someone that made a better pvp name for himself with his mule (Tim the Toolman) and was ranked on the bounty system when it was still around.

I don't remember you, nor do I care. Watch flaming my pops dude, he's done more for sonoma, pvp wise, and helping people with their connection problems if anything. You're just dead weight, and simply cannot hold a candle to him, not even on the darkest of nights. Thumping your chest like you're something, talking about pvp like you was/are something.

I don't remember seeing you in UO:R, or before that, maybe you was a 1337 bank sitter at BWB sitting on your pure black mare, who knows?

You're not a name that sticks out from the past, tree from the xroads has more of a history than you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

sad part about balinor is that he doesnt even own a mage. its been known since the dawn of pvp in uo that MAGERY has been the true test of skill because it requires actual thought process and timing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad part of everyone who is making comments like these is that a: I have killed you. b: I can still kill you. c: I use a non gimp template to do it. How on earth are you going to call a 120 fencing with no parry, no resist and HIDING template gimp? Comon already... if you die to it, its cause you aren't GOOD. Period. And about the mage comments... Anyone who's been around a while KNOWS I have mages, and KNOWS I can play them well in the field, which is all I care about. Dueling with mages is about the most boring thing on earth. You can sit and mash your buttons all day in duels if that makes you feel like a man, then come to any spawn and I'll kill you on my mage k? We've already figured out that Bigworm has no real skill beyond dueling. Anyone else? Talk is cheap, bring it to the field where it matters girls. Also, about the WAKA comment... them being good and all...? HAHAHAHA That is all.

R

Razeial

Lefty, i was never in your order guild, ever. You got me confused with somone else. I can think of 5 Razeial chars off the top of my head. I stopped going by that name a long, long, long time ago, before UO:R. So think again before you try to [censored] tell me when I started playing this game, because according to UO, my account was created in august of 1997. So take it and cram it. And just for the record, i did leave after AoS came out. I quit for 2 years. Now where does that leave you asshat?

Suicidal Gnome

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raz shut up and leave lefty alone. He is probably one of the only cool cop members. Funny I should make my return in the pvp thread. If you want to talk about old school we can talk all night and all day, facts are pvp has changed. If you can't adapt, you can't overcome.

You should all stop whining about gimp templates because until this game is shut down there will always be something that's broken. It's just a flaw in the developers of this game. They dont think well enough into how the new stuff will merge with the old stuff. It happens with EVERY game.

The way I see it and you probably dont care anyways but I'm gonna [censored] tell you anyways, you can either play the gimp template, or figure out a way around it. For instance when I last played everyone was running nox/bush dexxers. I [censored] hate bushido, it's a waste of skill points imo. So I figured out a way around it that would still school the new gimp templates.

If you want to talk old school, I can always go naked back with a short spear if anyone recalls those days...

G

Im not saying you cant im saying whenever i have used one since AoS release it almost always says you fail to dispel.......either way i could care less if someone is casting a rev then 5 pain spikes cuz ill counter his spells and drop him........just stating my experiences.

M

Madchild

flaps
i like how ya put that

"either way i could care less if someone is casting a rev then 5 pain spikes cuz ill counter his spells "

would be nice if a few other ppl stoped bitchin abt it and over came/counter it

R

Razeial

Look, all im sayin is, Don't call your self good or say owned when you had a rune beetle/mare kill somone else. Very VERY rarely do i hear the words, "good fight" being said anymore. You don't have to like the person but atleast have a little respect.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red"> Lefty, i've been playing this game longer than you have. Don't tell me when i began.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been playing since Beta. That is why you didn't know about "Magic Plate Armor" and Magic Arrows.

This was the gear everyone wore back in the day.

I just cant believe people who left the game still troll in here. If you left the game get on with your life stop coming in here and crying about stuff. Maybe when you bought the game you should have listened to the intro.

"The Ever Changing World of Ultima Online"

Not the: "I am a Mage Game"
or "Cry Baby Cry Game"
or "Hand me a tissue Game"

Quit your crying, grab a tissue and move on. Jesus.

A

Avril/McNasty

Duels are pure mage (scribe focus) wearing a nox ranger crossbow with no bolts on you so there is no melee disrupt. Which btw I will duel anyone.

Field fight is any template with rules agreed to before hand. Can be anything you want. Which I will also fight anyone as long as there are no pets involved.

So if you are tossing out duels TMI understand what a duel is. No one wants to fight your runebeetle and nightmare, they want to fight YOUUUUU.

ICQ 311379045

D

DR DOOM

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone throws out a figure lets say 10 mil to duel and then makes all these rules up what is that telling you about them?

Your living a warped life to think people duel how you tell them to duel. Its not a true test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finnally someone sees what I have been saying for years. As the game changes so does dueling. If you want to fight with all means necessary do it. All the Atari noobs are out skilled and out dated. All they can do is have a char that cant fight without making it where you change your fighting style so much that you dont even know what you can and cant do anymore. Then they say you didnt duel correctly.

All pure mage duels do anymore is what? Nothing but hender your ability to duel in todays UO Fighting Style. All the cry babies that say "dont do this dont do that" other then fight 1 on 1 are just the trash of uo. Because if you think a pure mage is the best, you should try another template because pure mage is retired son. No one plays that way on the field. No one that is any good I should say. So dont expect someone to play a pure mage when they havent played that way in 100 years ppl. Get up dated and get skilled or be looked at as some retired noob fighter that can only fight the way ppl use to fight. Who makes asumptions that because they mastered the art of basket weaving that it means something.

Just face it ppl you cant fight in todays UO so you say fight me the way you use to fight because thats the only way you know how to fight. Then you die to noobs like Melchor and say you need more speed and more cheats to over come the simple skill of Todays Uo Fighting styles.

D

DR DOOM

Jack keep talking smack. WE ALL KNOW all you do is gank son. And you wonder why you die 1 on 1. I dont know how ppl like you have any respect for yourself to even talk smack. Get a real char son. One that actually can kill someone. If you cant fight on your "PURE MAGE" then maybe a dexer will help you out. Because you just dont win saying "Duel Me, Duel Me 100mil, Pure Mage" and when you die like that. It just makes you look really really bad son. Just some advice.

A

Alistor

Wasn't that Kronus guy in OSG not too long ago? Is he still or did he quit?

K

King_Ky

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> No, They just shouldn't go, Strangle, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike, Pain spike. Why don't you and DR.DOOM team up and run protection and chug on your necro mages? </font>

<font color="blue"> Pure mage is wrestling and inscribe, atleast if you played pre-trammel, but you wouldn't know about that now would ya TMI? </font>

<font color="blue"> easily combated </font>

<font color="blue"> who said that? </font>

<font color="blue"> again with spam </font>

Someone throws out a figure lets say 10 mil to duel and then makes all these rules up what is that telling you about them? <font color="blue"> Generally, if you enter into an agreement that yields a reward, you have to play by the payer's rules. but since you never leave the home, you wouldn't know......it's ok we forgive you
</font>

Your living a warped life to think people duel how you tell them to duel. Its not a true test. <font color="blue"> Atleast we have lives =/ </font>

<font color="blue"> Please don't flatter your self, no one said you were the best mage ever. </font>

<font color="blue"> you're quite familiar with that action, no? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

I agree with flaps, lets go get our tamers and have a duel! Can i bring my pikachu? ^_^

Basically Apple, your absolutly right, you can use annnnnnnyyyyything you want in the game. But when you run around w/ protection and spam the same spell over and over, you lose the ability to call yourself good. you wanna win a free 10m? Duel ron 1v1 pure mage (which means wrestle and inscription for the intellectually impared). Take it or leave it. if you want the gold you'll learn to play a pure mage. Your about as good as King Kyrite in a duel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to Be on sonoma right now on a alt.. If you want to duel for 10 mil pure mage

G

I know this E^^E guild isn't too hot, but i thought i'd post some pics of a nice 3v10 fight that was goin on. its like 10 pics or something.

enjoy.

on a side not, the guild \P/ invented the spell wall of stone, so stop trying to be good and use it.

A

Alistor

... are you actually bragging about being good at using stone walls? YAAY stone walls.

P.S. it's actually a fun spell and very useful but not really worthy of being bragged about...

T

Trinsauce

LOL... ROOFLE...

Did u juss say u "invented" the spell Wall of Stone???

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Guess you forgot to include the screenshots of COP/MOO owning your Raid yesterday. You all went down like a ton of bricks....fast..

A

Alistor

Actually Lefty it wasn't a raid, we all just happened to be in Despise and Terra Keep at the same time... And it was three cop members (Me, TMI, and a stealth archer who's name eludes me... i've been gone forever, i dont remember anything lol in fact this was my first encounter with \P/) against three of P

Very good mages and awesome teamwork on their part. We ended up killing all of them at least once each in terra keep and fire with i think 2 deaths on our side. Then one gated out to rez the others and we followed. Turns out they live right next to TMI lol. Well we fought there for a bit, killed one of them. They killed our stealth archer and i think TMI had switched to his dexxer and he got killed. Once the \P/ guys got out in the open air they pretty much owned all over us.

Way too many houses around there to be able to move with all the lag. But i saw them lagging a bit too so i cant blame the lag
anyways that was lots of fun. Very hard to kill mages running those templates. It's like having 3 duplicates of Charlene running around
crossing healing eachother lol. So basically they are like DRDOOM, only they have friends

EDIT: I just realized Lefty could have been talking about a completely different encounter lol. Well i'll just leave this up anyways

G

pretty much all of us run the pure mage wrestle scribe build.

some of us are considering doing parry because this shard is 95% dexxers.

we only roll with 2 dexxers max. kek

A

Alistor

Hmm, the three we were fighting seemed to have the parry mage/pot chugging template...

And most of the dexxers on this shard are left-overs from before the bushido/ninjitsu nerf. Including my own dexxer who hardly gets to see battle anymore

H

Hermetic

<blockquote><hr>

Once the \P/ guys got out in the open air they pretty much owned all over us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for Truth.

<blockquote><hr>

Did u juss say u "invented" the spell Wall of Stone???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he did say that, and yes we did invent it. What's so confusing about that?

D

DR DOOM

Good job though btw on killing my archer both of you. To bad jalisco cant stop from going in his house to do it. Reg good job. The blood oath works for you.

D

DR DOOM

I like how this game has changed to those that know how to fight and fight solo to all gank or nothing. You weak ars ppl in WAKA and E^^E and cop moo BOO all trash. Keep it up kids because the ganking is what you do best.

R

Razeial

<blockquote><hr>

I like how this game has changed to those that know how to fight and fight solo to all gank or nothing. You weak ars ppl in WAKA and E^^E and cop moo BOO all trash. Keep it up kids because the ganking is what you do best.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's in the game, therefore we use it. Don't tell me how to play MY characters. If EA didn't want ganking to happen it wouldn't. Blah blah blah blah. Sound familiar doom?

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha we were all laughin at u cause u were talking to urself in game as a ghost after we smoked u countless times... BTW I worked u by myself with a simple explosion/fs/pain spike combo and u were taking a nap... only to get on ur badass archer and die yet again inside ur house no less...

U really shouldn't talk about ganking cause u have ganked and will gank again in the future... U make urself sound very hipocritcal...

BTW u think Waka has no skill as a guild yet u fail to accept anyone's duels or even a 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 to prove that u or ur guild is better than Waka...

P.S. How many times did u die to the "line of Waka" (we invented that one right there....We can all be like \P/ and think we invent [censored] too)... U died 3 times to 4 flamestrikes before u learned to stay by the gate and stay alive in gzone...

I

imported_JoO

ACTUALLY we invented inventing things. Edison was a fraud.

Side Note: This shard is a bit more fun than I expected, frustrating at times for us due to mass wither and the high concentration of melee. But that will get better as the 3 year old coat of rust begins to thin and the newbs who sold their accounts get gear.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Completley different encounter. Both sides had numbers.

Cyrus16

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha we were all laughin at u cause u were talking to urself in game as a ghost after we smoked u countless times... BTW I worked u by myself with a simple explosion/fs/pain spike combo and u were taking a nap... only to get on ur badass archer and die yet again inside ur house no less...

U really shouldn't talk about ganking cause u have ganked and will gank again in the future... U make urself sound very hipocritcal...

BTW u think Waka has no skill as a guild yet u fail to accept anyone's duels or even a 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 to prove that u or ur guild is better than Waka...

P.S. How many times did u die to the "line of Waka" (we invented that one right there....We can all be like \P/ and think we invent [censored] too)... U died 3 times to 4 flamestrikes before u learned to stay by the gate and stay alive in gzone...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not forget my 1 v 1 with him in the guard zone with others around where I beat him down while he tried to turtle with Protection, 50% pots, pedals, and Blood Oath. I mean you know since we're all gank.

Status
Not open for further replies.