• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Balancing Proposal 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
and evasion is used to block spells?

Hey, if dexers are soo OP, why aren't people refining their suits for DCI?
Quote me saying dexxers are OP. I'm saying dexxers very well should be support players. I'm saying you standardize them as being equals with mages regardless of player skill level, you open ******** to being more prevalent like someone eating 6 ai's in a row with 3 splinters to which a mage can do nothing about.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm a pure mage, I still have meditation...
(Or I'm SW if I swap Scribe off).
I find 55% LMC and 30 MR is not enough mana regeneration for me, I'm a mage who likes to actually cast spells, I play in long and large-scale fights.

I maybe old-school, but so are you and the other guy, and quite frankly, Learnme and PC Millenial are saying it how I see it every night.

You seem to be the one out of touch with current day PvP with your views on Dexxers.

I may play an out of date character, but I play it well, and have fun. I see the same stuff as them.

Have you completed Felucca Khaldun Boss Champ yet with your guild?
(Since yesterdays full content drop with powerscrolls).
I have. ;)
Exactly this. Believe me, with the skill increase available now I'd have much more fun playing a variety of possible necro characters if evasion and refinements weren't a necessity.

Some of the guildmates were fighting each other at farms the other night. Showed up on my bok mage out of boredom. Fought another bok mage and we both ran out of mana in about 2 minutes. Sat and stared at each other for another 3 minutes to get our mana back and decided it was stupid. Good use of durability on my jewels though.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and lol... you just said it in this post. "if parry wasn't so good, it wouldn't be so widely used." I hope you get where I'm about to go with this. If evasion wasn't so good, it wouldn't be so widely used. If splinter wasn't so good, it wouldn't be so widely used. Too easy.
But Evasion DOESN'T WORK without Parry - I said that before too.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So what I've gotten is this:

-Quit posting videos that support your argument. Post some to support our side.
-1v1 is dead but base the game around 1v1.
-The pvpers shown in the videos are bad even though it's a direct representation of full bush parry, without telling me what players qualify to be used as "good players."
-A dexxer can't kill a mage 1v1, but no explanation of how a parry mage kills a dexxer with 18 damage exp's and 11 damage lightnings.
-People shouldn't use consumables, but lol that mage didn't heal pot when splintered so doesn't count lol?
-Mages should parry less, but dexxers shouldn't hit more. <--liked that one a lot tbh
-We don't actively pvp, but this is how things are and what the issues are.
-Splinter disarm was never an issue.
-Everyone has parry so they don't get hit, even though nobody plays dexxers.
-A dexxer is RNG based and can string together 6 ai's in a row, but shouldn't miss 6 hits either.

Am I missing anything here?

Waiting on anyone besides the two of you from your own clique to support your arguments, while people who play nightly give real examples and experience.

Until I receive valuable input and something besides, nope nope doesn't count, here's my take on the OP:

1. Splinter- I don't know exactly how I'd approach it. I don't think it's an overwhelming issue anymore since fixing disarm splinter. I don't know that it walks long enough that nerfing it being used with specials would hurt dexxers too much. Basically, a dexxer couldn't take advantage of it going off really.

2. Evasion needs an adjustment. I've attempted playing an archer mage in recent months and the difference in survivability is 100% night and day when I take nearly double the damage in spells and don't evade 60% of the damage. Nearly every single player has evasion because of how insanely useful it is, especially in conjunction with refinements and pies.

3. Pies are laughable. 5 less damage per spell with zero consequence. There has to be a trade off with something that beneficial. There either shouldn't be a way to get more than 75 effective resist, meaning you have to choose refinement or pie, or you get a reduction in another resist. The no brainer to me would be if you eat a fire pie you lose poison resist, but I don't even know if that's enough. Maybe a +5:-10 ratio sort of thing.

4. Shatters are a troll tactic. That is how they are used. If they are used in a fight, I can almost guarantee the player will just leave to restock. Don't care about anyone's honorable combat ideals, that is how the game is played.

I forget the rest. Pvp is pretty well balanced right now. Oh ya shotgunning darts and shurikens just by having multiple belts doesn't seem intended. The items had a timer for a reason.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just got home from vacation and read this completely sad pages of crap. All I read in 3 pages of post is that only people advocating that things are balanced or that parry is ok are the massive EGO players in the same three zerg guilds on ATL. None of these people can hold their own solo versus anyone which is why they want easy button pvp. By the way when the same three zerg guilds only fight at yew gate versus each other for bragging rights only is a sad state of todays pvp. People should be fighting more away from the gate then at it. I personally havnt bothered pvping much due to lack of a challenge out there. Parry needs to be nerfed for any attempt of balance to come into play, its not the only thing buts its currently the top problem. I would also remove all the lmc bonuses gained by any means whether it be gear or combat bonus. I also think a skill point cap should be put in place for pvp. These things would balance a lot of mage OP issues and dexxer OP issues and put things on more even playing field.

I love the reference that we only pvp on LS, LOLOLOLOL. There is no pvp in UO period, even ATL has hardly any pvp in comparison to prior global loot. I show up on atl every once in a while and have no issues killing people still without having uber gear and refined suits and NO PARRY. Only time I die is when I get ganked by ten plus then they smack-talk like theyre good or something. Its completely sad whats become of pvp in UO and what these talentless EGO players think is balanced. Learn to pvp instead of downloading 3rd party programs and maybe youll be able to compete without easy buttons.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm a pure mage, I still have meditation...
(Or I'm SW if I swap Scribe off).
I find 55% LMC and 30 MR is not enough mana regeneration for me, I'm a mage who likes to actually cast spells, I play in long and large-scale fights.

I maybe old-school, but so are you and the other guy, and quite frankly, Learnme and PC Millenial are saying it how I see it every night.

You seem to be the one out of touch with current day PvP with your views on Dexxers.

I may play an out of date character, but I play it well, and have fun. I see the same stuff as them.

Have you completed Felucca Khaldun Boss Champ yet with your guild?
I have. ;)
a pure-mage with meditation huh? me too, never had a problem fighting dexers. I even played with a suit that had 44 all resist just to make pvp interesting.

Current pvp is a joke unless you play a mage variant template... I play mages almost exclusively since Parry-mages have become more and more prominent, but it's become boring because everyone's so close to the same template you're not fighting anything else really. big difference. between what you seem to be insinuating and the current state of pvp.

I have fun playing out-of-date characters at times... would be nice if it were actually balanced fairly to where these templates weren't so useless though (I'm talking about mage templates here btw), a parry-mage doesn't give up anything that allows it to compete with any template offensively. really.

yea, 2-manned the spawn a couple times. it's irrelevant to this conversation as well.

1. It says eliminate chance and rng. Guess what a dexxer is based around? Chance and rng. You're right though, you just said there were no quality players in the video. No quality players, just players that have won plats off 1v1 tournaments.
Do me a favor, point out where I said Dexers didn't rely on RNG, and show me any example of Casting focus being part of dexer pvp?

2. Duh. You omit the fact people were forced to play parry mages or they would get disarm splintered and hit by 40 damage moving shots at 1.25. There was no choice.
Where did I say that?

3. People don't 1v1 because the game is awful for it. Why the hell would I want to mage v mage when everyone has 150hp, max eaters, max hpr with refinements and pies? 18 damage explosions and 11 damage lightnings. I don't care who plays a dexxer. I play a mage 90% of the time I'm on uo and always have and have zero desire to fight another mage 1v1 because my spells do nothing. Dexxers not being the best option to 1v1 has nothing to do with the state of UO pvp. Period. Not once have you touched on the fact that mage v mage is total **** because of damage like that or have you recognized how a mage is supposed to kill a dexxer with a damage output like that. <-------------touch on this please.

It's called burst damage. Do you combo? =/ should have been obvious. I know you play mages the majority of the time... so do I, dexers aren't worth playing because they're not reliable enough.

Who is asking for a hit chance increase? Is this a real question? You understand that dropping someones defense chance via lesser parry chance inherently means you're increasing a dexxers chance to hit right? You can't lessens someone defense without them getting hit more.
There's a difference between increasing a dexers hit chance and reducing the chance Mages can parry... one would obviously make dexers "force" mages to have parry... and no one is asking for that. you're wasting much time posting things that no one said, that are completely irrelevant to this discussion.

I realize you don't group pvp so you don't understand how stupid evasion is. People will not engage while their evasion is on cooldown. So guess when you can dump them? Uhhhhhh when they can evade. Sweet my flamestrike didn't get evaded and it did 23 whole damage. And in the 1v1 aspect you only care about, you think another mage won't keep you from doing substantial enough damage for 12 seconds while they have apples, confidence, mage heals, possibly weapon hits and your lightnings do 11 damage? Give me a break.
I do prefer small group or one vs one pvp, sure... that's probably why there isn't much (any) one vs one pvp anymore though right?
that's a shocker, why are you saying I'm ignoring all these defensive options you're laying out here? If you read my posts you'd see all of it is factored... one vs one is a joke anymore, that's exactly why pvp is getting less and less popular. Defense is too high, if you don't have the ability to Curse or corpse skin, you can barely kill anyone good.

I was in the LS guild with you when some of the players began to dabble in atl pvp. 95% of the time nobody wanted anything to do with it because they couldn't play uo the way they wanted without pots, parry, and actually putting in some type of effort. Plain and simple.
You know, simple logic says when you play without potions you need to put in MORE Effort.... Obvious much?

Besides, I've exposed the over-reliance on consumables many times, it doesn't mean potions shouldn't be used. I use potions on dexers far more than I do on mages, because dexers offense lacks enough to where they actually need consumables in order to stay on screen longer most of the time anyway, even more so when everyone has parry.

I am glad you said you have no intention of one vs one fighting, essentially because people have become too hard to kill. This is why one vs one fighting doesn't really exist anymore btw. pvp won't be getting more popular if it becomes more and more group oriented, like some of you suggest.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There is no pvp in UO period, even ATL has hardly any pvp in comparison to prior global loot.
Thanks for agreeing with the issue. Feel free to continue standing at the gate on a blue, talking in all caps in gen chat and refusing to fight anyone.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok? Dexxers have bush parry as well. I don't hear you guys crying about dexxer vs dexxer pvp. Sounds like you're biased.
Hey, if dexers couldn't miss with their attacks, you might have something there. Mages can't miss, but they also have the highest chance to be missed by anything that's not a mage. lol

Who's biased?

keep grasping man. pretty much everything you're saying at this point has been refuted by earlier posts.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for agreeing with the issue. Feel free to continue standing at the gate on a blue, talking in all caps in gen chat and refusing to fight anyone.
LOLOLOL. I like you as a person learn me more then any other ex Hi-5 member I played with but you cant handle yourself in solo pvp. You've only been a group a player and anyone can group and kill people. I love how you posted another typical EGO-post on here to prove my point. Ill fight anyone playing legal clients anytime for gold, but we all know no one that uses your pvp discord has the sack to do that, hence why I was kicked from that discord for saying that. FS/HI-5/whatever else you guys have been in UO, you guys were never even close to competitive without having more numbers. Keep pounding that chest though versus all the garbage players that are left in UO. Its one dumpster fire group fighting another dumpster fire, none of you are good enough which is why you want easy button pvp.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Do me a favor, point out where I said Dexers didn't rely on RNG, and show me any example of Casting focus being part of dexer pvp?
So you want skill based pvp, but want an increase in players that rely on rng and kill literally AI someone to death. Can you quote this and just say that's correct for me?

Where did I say that?
Omit means to leave out. Meaning you failed to mention. Meaning you didn't say it. Meaning you don't want to admit people had to do it.

It's called burst damage. Do you combo? =/ should have been obvious. I know you play mages the majority of the time... so do I, dexers aren't worth playing because they're not reliable enough.
Burst damage is 6 ai's in a row with 3 splinter's hitting. Explain for the audience what burst damage a full mage dumping exp fs for 42 damage is? A full sixth and seventh circle dump doesn't even do a third of the dexxers HP and takes 5 uninterrupted seconds to get off. So by your own logic of evasion cooldowns, that's 15 seconds uninterrupted seconds to do 136 damage. Then account for apples, heal pots, evasion, bandages, confidence. Can you really see how this doesn't add up? Fill me in on how to play a mage when the math doesn't exist.

There's a difference between increasing a dexers hit chance and reducing the chance Mages can parry... one would obviously make dexers "force" mages to have parry... and no one is asking for that. you're wasting much time posting things that no one said, that are completely irrelevant to this discussion.
If my chance with parry to be missed is 67% and you change it to 50%, do I get hit more or not? If yes, then the dexxer has a higher chance to hit. Truly doesn't get more simple than that.

essentially because people have become too hard to kill. This is why one vs one fighting doesn't really exist anymore btw. pvp won't be getting more popular if it becomes more and more group oriented, like some of you suggest.
You're right. People have become too hard, meaning everyone including dexxers. It is really silly for an MMO to be based around groups of players doing something. Completely off base for me to suggest it.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
LOLOLOL. I like you as a person learn me more then any other ex Hi-5 member I played with but you cant handle yourself in solo pvp. You've only been a group a player and anyone can group and kill people. I love how you posted another typical EGO-post on here to prove my point. Ill fight anyone playing legal clients anytime for gold, but we all know no one that uses your pvp discord has the sack to do that, hence why I was kicked from that discord for saying that. FS/HI-5/whatever else you guys have been in UO, you guys were never even close to competitive without having more numbers. Keep pounding that chest though versus all the garbage players that are left in UO. Its one dumpster fire group fighting another dumpster fire, none of you are good enough which is why you want easy button pvp.
I talked you into dueling me one time on catskills probably 8 years ago. Pinging 120 from the west coast, on a mage tamer with no med, I dismantled you pure mage.

How about I record myself loading up UOassist, logging in, and fighting you start to finish for that gold offer?

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey, if dexers couldn't miss with their attacks, you might have something there. Mages can't miss, but they also have the highest chance to be missed by anything that's not a mage. lol

Who's biased?

keep grasping man. pretty much everything you're saying at this point has been refuted by earlier posts.
Yet your guild of three men are the only ones who can't seem to understand it. I've laid out probably the most detailed argument in a pvp thread here with damage numbers, videos of actual gameplay, numbers of other folks in here agreeing and you want to argue that a dexxer who can miss 6 times but hit 6 times in a row at 1.25 seconds is underpowered to a mage doing 42 damage full dumps. You are looking to every possible excuse.

List names of players who qualify as good pvpers I can use as examples please. You discredit the videos, but can't counter with anything.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So what I've gotten is this:

-Quit posting videos that support your argument. Post some to support our side.
-1v1 is dead but base the game around 1v1.
-The pvpers shown in the videos are bad even though it's a direct representation of full bush parry, without telling me what players qualify to be used as "good players."
-A dexxer can't kill a mage 1v1, but no explanation of how a parry mage kills a dexxer with 18 damage exp's and 11 damage lightnings.
-People shouldn't use consumables, but lol that mage didn't heal pot when splintered so doesn't count lol?
-Mages should parry less, but dexxers shouldn't hit more. <--liked that one a lot tbh
-We don't actively pvp, but this is how things are and what the issues are.
-Splinter disarm was never an issue.
-Everyone has parry so they don't get hit, even though nobody plays dexxers.
-A dexxer is RNG based and can string together 6 ai's in a row, but shouldn't miss 6 hits either.
These are the arguments you've presented suggesting they refute my earlier posts. l o l

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a pure-mage with meditation huh? me too, never had a problem fighting dexers. I even played with a suit that had 44 all resist just to make pvp interesting.

Current pvp is a joke unless you play a mage variant template... I play mages almost exclusively since Parry-mages have become more and more prominent, but it's become boring because everyone's so close to the same template you're not fighting anything else really. big difference. between what you seem to be insinuating and the current state of pvp.

I have fun playing out-of-date characters at times... would be nice if it were actually balanced fairly to where these templates weren't so useless though (I'm talking about mage templates here btw), a parry-mage doesn't give up anything that allows it to compete with any template offensively. really.

yea, 2-manned the spawn a couple times. it's irrelevant to this conversation as well.
If you are playing with 44 resists, on a pure, with no parry, against current day dexxers and having no problems you are amazing.

If you also knocked off a couple of 2 man Feluccan Khaldun Champ spawns since the powerscrolls dropped yesterday in the face of your servers PK's, you are also pretty amazing.
{This was relevant, because you asked the last time I played UO - I mentioned I have completed pretty difficult brand new 1 day old content as a response).

I think overall, whilst I consider myself a very decent field mage, I am confronted by a godlike UO player, and maybe I need to up my game. :)

Who's biased?
Mages may not be able to miss but;

Mages can have their spells resisted or weakened by resist spells.
Mages can have their poison attack nullified by orange petals.
Mages can be interrupted,
Mages need space, and time, to stand still and cast a spell,
Mages can have the spells reduced massively by dexxers with Evade,
Guess I'll throw in Fish Pies as well, wow I'm so topical. :D

For someone who says he knows so much about mages, you seem to overlook an awful lot.
But I forget you are godlike, and don't actually need to do any of this maybe? ;)

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I talked you into dueling me one time on catskills probably 8 years ago. Pinging 120 from the west coast, on a mage tamer with no med, I dismantled you pure mage.

How about I record myself loading up UOassist, logging in, and fighting you start to finish for that gold offer?
First, I have never played a pure mage in my pvp career, so that's an obvious lie.
Second, you claim to have used a mage with a pet to fight me solo, LOLOLOLOL.
This obviously never happened, and like I said anytime on legal clients. I would destroy you and I havnt played more then four-five times in the past year. I would crush anyone in your guild solo. And I thought you were a decent person, guess I was wrong. maybe your just influenced by the garbage players your always around.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
First, I have never played a pure mage in my pvp career, so that's an obvious lie.
Second, you claim to have used a mage with a pet to fight me solo, LOLOLOLOL.
This obviously never happened, and like I said anytime on legal clients. I would destroy you and I havnt played more then four-five times in the past year. I would crush anyone in your guild solo. And I thought you were a decent person, guess I was wrong. maybe your just influenced by the garbage players your always around.
I know you have a tougher time following concepts than most. When I say pure mage, I mean only using basic magery skills. I added that I was a tamer mage, to explain why I had no med or other supplementary skills. Means I didn't use a pet and you didn't use necro or anything else. Understand?

Offered you a fight where I would record myself loading uoassist and fighting you start to finish because you said you would fight anyone with a legal client for gold. If I record showing my entire screen, loading uoassist, and killing you then there would be no excuse right? @Aeyko @Cetric I'm sure would also take you up on that. Let's see you dodge for awhile.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You've never fought me solo where I didn't kill you or you ran ever. I also love how you throw other names of known cheaters out there to back your story of nonsense. Noone believes anything they say either cept for other trash players and known cheats. Give me a break learn me, Your just a stamblocker to me in pvp nothing more. I love how I pop in a make a post what needs to be fixed and I all I get in return is bs smacktalk from trash players that cant handle if pvp were actually balanced to take away your easy button mode you love so much. Ill gladly fight anyone on legal clients like I said a million times, but none of your egos will ever let that happen. End of discussion.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are playing with 44 resists, on a pure, with no parry, against current day dexxers and having no problems you are amazing.
Just so you know, if a dexer uses armor ignore, it doesn't matter what resistances you have, they're doing less damage with that than they would with an auto attack if you're running anything less than ~60%. I wasn't fighting many 210 stamina archers at the time, and the ones that were 210 stamina, were sacrificing other things like HP mostly (reforged & imbued items were top-tier gear at the time) I had more difficulty killing any "decent" mages because if I f***'d up with any of my heals it could be game-over literally to just magic-arrow fireball spam.

If you also knocked off a couple of 2 man Feluccan Khaldun Champ spawns since the powerscrolls dropped yesterday in the face of your servers PK's, you are also pretty amazing.
{This was relevant, because you asked the last time I played UO - I mentioned I have completed pretty difficult brand new 1 day old content as a response).

I think overall, whilst I consider myself a very decent field mage, I am confronted by a godlike UO player, and maybe I need to up my game. :)
I'm glad you specified why it was relevant (to me asking you the last time you played UO), but it doesn't matter if you or I did the new spawn in fel... not a single person showed up to try and raid us, I'm sure most shards had a similar experience because there simply isn't pvp on most shards anymore. You do need other people to pvp after all.

Mages may not be able to miss but;

Mages can have their spells resisted or weakened by resist spells
Mages can have their poison attack nullified by orange petals.
Mages can be interrupted,
Mages need space, and time, to stand still and cast a spell,
Mages can have the spells reduced massively by dexxers with Evade,
Mages don't miss with spells - the majority of their offense. I'm not asking for nor do I want them to be able to miss either.

Mages can have their poison attack nullified by orange petals? you mean, when the mage doesn't have poisoning, right? dexers without poisoning have the same issue. -irrelevant.
Mages can be interrupted. yea, as long as they're hit & Casting focus doesn't proc. mages don't miss each other with spells, this is why mage-duels were always more popular than dexer duels.... far less rng involved. (until recent years) now there really isn't much dueling anymore, go figure.

Dexers need at least reasonable RNG, or the mage doesn't need space and can cast freely for the most part.

Mages can use evade against other mages too, but Evasion isn't needed against typical dexer attacks because they're not spells. -though it does increase your overall block chance for the duration.

For someone who says he knows so much about mages, you seem to overlook an awful lot.
But I forget you are godlike, and don't actually need to do any of this maybe? ;)
What have I overlooked? as far as I know, everything relevant to the discussion regarding dexers vs parry mages is somewhere in one or more of my posts. and many responses & other things that aren't relevant to it. How is it different from others? Perhaps logic & reason? if that's the case, I agree.

You seem to be upset because I stated most people don't play with meditation therefore play with refine-able armor, it just so happens the majority of players do play this way... even the people on the other side of this argument have acknowledge it.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You seem to be upset because I stated most people don't play with meditation therefore play with refine-able armor, it just so happens the majority of players do play this way... even the people on the other side of this argument have acknowledge it.
I'm not upset in the slightest. :)

I have no real horse in this race even, I'm the guy who was ok with all of the points that were considered issues.
Fish Pies - I didn't care, don't bother me, good for the fishers/cooks who go out and get them.
Shatter Potions - I completely agree are a troll tactic, still don't care, doesn't bother me, I believe part of the fun of Felucca is trolling.
Evade - doesn't bother me, I get why people say the stuff they do about it, I can see the issues, but personally, not bothering me.
Splinter - not bothering me - again I see why people say what they do about it.

Dismount ganks, yep, bug the hell out of me.
Are we using too many consumables in general - yep - but I live with it, and play how I want to play.

I think you seem a very logical guy, and come across well, but I really don't get how you get to your viewpoint, that's what I don't get about your dexxer/mage viewpoint.

I have to admit on balance, Learnme, is saying it exactly how it is, how I see it.
You are saying it the opposite of how I see it, I don't get it. That's really my only point.

Last edited:

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
How many fights did the guy have that ended with him running away until RNG was finally in his favor? How many deaths did the guy have that were obviously edited out? all it really shows is that RNG can be favorable to dexers at times. Edit: and mages can play like poop. I guess that's what happens when you get so used to having parry? when the RNG isn't going your way you die to things you shouldn't die to.
But isn't that how you're supposed to play a dexer? They can keep running off screen whenever they are in danger. Even if they hit less than 50% of the time, they can just keep doing this until the RNG is in their favor. And when that happens, the mage cannot run away like the dexer can. Then the mage gets hit with multiple AI's they couldnt run from and dies.

From that point of view, I would say the dexer is not underpowered at all.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
but it doesn't matter if you or I did the new spawn in fel... not a single person showed up to try and raid us, I'm sure most shards had a similar experience because there simply isn't pvp on most shards anymore. You do need other people to pvp after all.
So you need other people to pvp, but it should only be one other person in your view right? Both other members of your guild and crew in this argument are saying gate pvp is stupid and that we should be spawn fighting. Curious how many spawn raids you've been to where everything is 1v1. By the way, each time I've gone to Khaldun on Atl I've found at least one group working it and it's turned into a fight each time.

Mages don't miss with spells - the majority of their offense. I'm not asking for nor do I want them to be able to miss either.
You do understand how evasion works don't you? Would you like me to provide a video demonstrating mages missing spells or would a screenshot of UO's evasion description suffice?

ust so you know, if a dexer uses armor ignore, it doesn't matter what resistances you have, they're doing less damage with that than they would with an auto attack if you're running anything less than ~60%. I wasn't fighting many 210 stamina archers at the time, and the ones that were 210 stamina, were sacrificing other things like HP mostly (reforged & imbued items were top-tier gear at the time)
How about a double shot from a 100% poison yumi? How about frenzied whirlwind with splinter proc'ing? You say my video examples don't count because they are low skilled players (which isn't true) but you think you fighting dexxers that you can survive against in an all 44 resist suit is proof of anything? Must have been some really talented dexxers.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You've never fought me solo where I didn't kill you or you ran ever. I also love how you throw other names of known cheaters out there to back your story of nonsense. Noone believes anything they say either cept for other trash players and known cheats. Give me a break learn me, Your just a stamblocker to me in pvp nothing more. I love how I pop in a make a post what needs to be fixed and I all I get in return is bs smacktalk from trash players that cant handle if pvp were actually balanced to take away your easy button mode you love so much. Ill gladly fight anyone on legal clients like I said a million times, but none of your egos will ever let that happen. End of discussion.
I love your fantasy land. Sounds like a wonderful place. Your LS group consists of the only 2 players in the game, over several shards, that considers you tolerable or even within reaching distance of a competent player. Referencing this thread, looks like several people believe what I say.

I've offered you this and I will offer it one more time. Would you like to set up a specific time to log in and fight me? I will record everything from booting up assist, logging in, demolishing you on whatever mage you'd like to play and collecting your gold. A simple yes or no and a gold amount is all we need to get going with this process.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not upset in the slightest. :)

I have no real horse in this race even, I'm the guy who was ok with all of the points that were considered issues.
Fish Pies - I didn't care, don't bother me, good for the fishers/cooks who go out and get them.
Shatter Potions - I completely agree are a troll tactic, still don't care, doesn't bother me, I believe part of the fun of Felucca is trolling.
Evade - doesn't bother me, I get why people say the stuff they do about it, I can see the issues, but personally, not bothering me.
Splinter - not bothering me - again I see why people say what they do about it.

Dismount ganks, yep, bug the hell out of me.
Are we using too many consumables in general - yep - but I live with it, and play how I want to play.

I think you seem a very logical guy, and come across well, but I really don't get how you get to your viewpoint, that's what I don't get about your dexxer/mage viewpoint.

I have to admit on balance, Learnme, is saying it exactly how it is, how I see it.
You are saying it the opposite of how I see it, I don't get it. That's really my only point.
I see, but you're also viewing from the perspective of a mage, just so happens, learn me is viewing it the same way. no one's putting themselves in the dexers shoes, they say things like, how hard is it to toggle Armor ignore and follow your target? how hard is it to base your timing around 1.25s or slower attacks? it won't get any faster unless the dexer is casting spells.

I don't play dexers anywhere near as often as I'd like, I play mage templates, because off-screening is actually important for a dexer, that is boring.
If you want to argue the opposite of that, all you have to do is ask why dexers are so hard to kill, it's because they run away, and their offense only matters if they can land a hit at least an average of 50% in order to survive what mages are able to unload on them..

I get it, all the defensive Items & Consumables contribute to that, I've never disputed that either... I'm simply saying, that even without the consumables refinements etc, a parry-mage would still beat a dexer far more often than not, unless the dexer has a reliable (non-weapon based) interrupt. I would even argue that a non-parry mage could beat a melee dexer more often than not, but that is at least reasonably balanced for the most part (hit chance wise, it is.. Damage, not so much)

evade doesn't bother me either, people running does bother me though. but even more, it's when one side doesn't have much a choice but to run. Why do you think people were crying about moving shot before it was nerfed? It's because you can't Run from it. I mean, all of this is pretty damn obvious.

Well, when people admit to not wanting to pvp because they don't have a full stock of consumables, it's not a debatable issue, it's a simple fact.
But isn't that how you're supposed to play a dexer? They can keep running off screen whenever they are in danger. Even if they hit less than 50% of the time, they can just keep doing this until the RNG is in their favor. And when that happens, the mage cannot run away like the dexer can. Then the mage gets hit with multiple AI's they couldnt run from and dies.

From that point of view, I would say the dexer is not underpowered at all.
Sure, it's the only way to play a dexer when RNG is so unreliable.

you say the mage cannot run away like the dexer can, What stops the mage from running away? Splintering Weapon proc remedied by bandages (no healing required) ?
mages can run and heal with confidence (people said everyone has bushido now?) just as good as a dexer can. or is the story going to change again, now that it doesn't suit the argument anymore?

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you say the mage cannot run away like the dexer can, What stops the mage from running away? Splintering Weapon proc remedied by bandages (no healing required) ?
mages can run and heal with confidence (people said everyone has bushido now?) just as good as a dexer can. or is the story going to change again, now that it doesn't suit the argument anymore?
you mean like those bushido parry mages in the video?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love your fantasy land. Sounds like a wonderful place. Your LS group consists of the only 2 players in the game, over several shards, that considers you tolerable or even within reaching distance of a competent player. Referencing this thread, looks like several people believe what I say.

I've offered you this and I will offer it one more time. Would you like to set up a specific time to log in and fight me? I will record everything from booting up assist, logging in, demolishing you on whatever mage you'd like to play and collecting your gold. A simple yes or no and a gold amount is all we need to get going with this process.
LOLOL and all those people are known cheats from your pvp discord that any real pvper I ever talked to doesn't consider good. You've always ran in a big group to make for your lack of talent. I played everywhere from solo to decent size groups on almost every shard. Only challenge I ever found was when I was outnumbered and that hasn't changed in ten years. Literally no one pvps anymore except for those three zerg guilds and you call that balanced good pvp. The things my small group is suggesting to help balance the game would bring a lot more people in pvp but apparently you don't want that. Youd rather the game die off completely in pvp before you admit to being wrong about anything, hence the EGO comment over and over. Enjoy your dead game that no one pvps in cept for the cheaters. Stop trying to personally attack others and wake up to the fact that pvp is completely broken. P.S. I cant stop laughing at how you guys think pvp is balanced, yet no one pvps at all except at yew gate on ATL. (which isn't real pvp)

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
LOLOL and all those people are known cheats from your pvp discord that any real pvper I ever talked to doesn't consider good. You've always ran in a big group to make for your lack of talent. I played everywhere from solo to decent size groups on almost every shard. Only challenge I ever found was when I was outnumbered and that hasn't changed in ten years. Literally no one pvps anymore except for those three zerg guilds and you call that balanced good pvp. The things my small group is suggesting to help balance the game would bring a lot more people in pvp but apparently you don't want that. Youd rather the game die off completely in pvp before you admit to being wrong about anything, hence the EGO comment over and over. Enjoy your dead game that no one pvps in cept for the cheaters. Stop trying to personally attack others and wake up to the fact that pvp is completely broken. P.S. I cant stop laughing at how you guys think pvp is balanced, yet no one pvps at all except at yew gate on ATL. (which isn't real pvp)
So you're afraid of a mage playing from the west coast with triple or more your ping. That's all you have to say pal.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you're afraid of a mage playing from the west coast with triple or more your ping. That's all you have to say pal.
LOL. I know you wont fight me, but Im glad to see that you wont respond to the post but to make another troll attempt on me.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sure, it's the only way to play a dexer when RNG is so unreliable.

So you say consumables shouldn't be in pvp, but your answer to splinter is a 6-8 second bandage consumable for a mage. Just posted video examples of exactly what stops a mage from running away, but you choose to disregard it because it shows the dexxer winning and that hurts your argument.

Waiting for your example of a mages burst damage with 18 damage explodes and 11 damage lightnings still.

Also played a dexxer for awhile, still have one. 4/6 chiv throwing evading macer. I can hold a fist while waiting for splinter to proc WHILE casting holy light. So by the time the splinter proc's the weapon has hit for about 28-30 with hit spell, the fist does 35, I disarm you and you're still splintered. Better hope you weren't 3/4 life or less when the splinter hit. Good luck killing me 1v1 on your mage with refinements, pies, evasion, 4/6 chiv. Only a matter of time until RNG swings my way, right?

By the way, a mage can't miss spells if someone is unable to evade, sure. They can be disrupted by shatters, darts, hits, conflags, novas, bleed ticks after splinter, etc. So being hit completely stops a mages offense. A dexxers offense is uninterruptable. It can take 149 damage and still dish out more than that in the same exact time.

Last edited:

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
LOL. I know you wont fight me, but Im glad to see that you wont respond to the post but to make another troll attempt on me.
You regurgitate the same nonsense year after year on every shard. Everyone cheats except you, you're better than everyone, nobody plays uo and reducing parry is the key to saving the game!

I asked you for a simple yes or no. You complete avoided the question because you know better. Even with ping limitations I'm still a better mage than 90% of players on the east.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the reference that we only pvp on LS, LOLOLOLOL. There is no pvp in UO period, even ATL has hardly any pvp in comparison to prior global loot. I show up on atl every once in a while and have no issues killing people still without having uber gear and refined suits and NO PARRY. Only time I die is when I get ganked by ten plus then they smack-talk like theyre good or something. Its completely sad whats become of pvp in UO and what these talentless EGO players think is balanced. Learn to pvp instead of downloading 3rd party programs and maybe youll be able to compete without easy buttons.
Whenever I see you on ATL and flag you.. .you immediately run back into your house. lol.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You regurgitate the same nonsense year after year on every shard. Everyone cheats except you, you're better than everyone, nobody plays uo and reducing parry is the key to saving the game!

I asked you for a simple yes or no. You complete avoided the question because you know better. Even with ping limitations I'm still a better mage than 90% of players on the east.
Umm go back and read my response to you the first you personally attacked me and read it. Maybe you need glasses. I said I'd anyone anytime on legal clients for gold, question only remains can you handle fighting me without your programs. And all you have done is troll me ever since like a typical EGO player that wont show to fight legally. get a grip kid. You HI-5 people didn't like me cause I was better then you, that's why you joined us on LS. Thanks for being our meatshields.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When we went to LS during the fisting era... you would log in with 10+ guildies and get demolished by our group with 4-6 people. This happened to the point where you guys stopped fighting us. lol

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Decided to see if anything was going on at the gate just now and look what I see:

upload_2018-10-2_14-12-28.png

That is the great DC sitting in guards on a blue, as he spends 99% of his time. There are two archers right there! People don't play dexxers anymore though.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Umm go back and read my response to you the first you personally attacked me and read it. Maybe you need glasses. I said I'd anyone anytime on legal clients for gold, question only remains can you handle fighting me without your programs. And all you have done is troll me ever since like a typical EGO player that wont show to fight legally. get a grip kid. You HI-5 people didn't like me cause I was better then you, that's why you joined us on LS. Thanks for being our meatshields.
HI-5 was a very brief period of my UO time. We demolished your guild and NWO or whatever they were called with 4 of us and later allied because fighting 18 people constantly lost its fun.

I want an answer so we can set a time before I bother getting a video recorder. Find someone outside of your three man guild that considers you half decent. You're the guy sitting in guards on a blue, talking in gen chat in all caps about how you're the best and don't fight anyone. You're a clown.

One more question for you. I'm sure @PaithanTheElf or anyone in his guild and I know anyone in my guild would be willing to fight you at farms so you can showcase your dominance. I can't speak for Paith, but that's probably a 15 person open challenge. Will you fight any of us?

Or the three of you can fight on whatever templates of your choosing (pick parry please) against three dexxers from my guild.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, I don't even hardly play more due to how broken the pvp is. You don't dictate when I play or don't play the game. I like how you showed up there attempted to gank someone and they gate hopped. Your character was a evade mage obviously which is what we are talking about being unbalanced, so congrats posting that to prove all of our points and how you cant solo. They might as well lock this thread since you EGO kids cant have a discussion about trying to make the game better without turning it into attacks and trolling nonsense. Good job not asking me to fight you while you were there too, must of been scurred.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This was your first post since I started posting in this thread. You attacked us saying everyone ganks and are ego players that just use programs. YOU began the attack.

LOL, I don't even hardly play more due to how broken the pvp is. You don't dictate when I play or don't play the game. I like how you showed up there attempted to gank someone and they gate hopped. Your character was a evade mage obviously which is what we are talking about being unbalanced, so congrats posting that to prove all of our points and how you cant solo. They might as well lock this thread since you EGO kids cant have a discussion about trying to make the game better without turning it into attacks and trolling nonsense. Good job not asking me to fight you while you were there too, must of been scurred.
I walked out of the gate to see what there was. I didn't cast a spell, but you're known for lying nonstop so I expect you to keep going. Just continually proving my point. You guys say nobody plays archers and 1 tile dexxers anymore. Oh look, one casual glance and there are two archers right there.

You said my character is an evade mage and that's what you're complaining about being unbalanced, even though your guys have repeatedly said evasion is fine. I have 80 necro and 120ss so all of my offense comes from pure mage spells, with a debuff from corpse.

Thank you for avoiding the offer to fight any of 15 active players on the shard you sit in the gate as a blue on, staring at the screen of a game you don't play.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was your first post since I started posting in this thread. You attacked us saying everyone ganks and are ego players that just use programs. YOU began the attack.

I walked out of the gate to see what there was. I didn't cast a spell, but you're known for lying nonstop so I expect you to keep going. Just continually proving my point. You guys say nobody plays archers and 1 tile dexxers anymore. Oh look, one casual glance and there are two archers right there.

You said my character is an evade mage and that's what you're complaining about being unbalanced, even though your guys have repeatedly said evasion is fine. I have 80 necro and 120ss so all of my offense comes from pure mage spells, with a debuff from corpse.

Thank you for avoiding the offer to fight any of 15 active players on the shard you sit in the gate as a blue on, staring at the screen of a game you don't play.
LOL I made a general consensus post of how todays pvp is, and you took it as a personal attack on you, feeling guilty much about how you illegally play the game. LOLOLOLOL. You make this too easy to prove my points over and over again. But yeah I should come out to gate in VvV solo versus 25-30 that want to gank me, that seems logical. Your a bigger moron then I thought.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course I would fight him. I usually only get to flag him when hes within 5 tiles of a house.

Anyways, fixes to splinter (would probably need to be tinkered with) but here's a few ideas to start (any of them would be better than current form):
1. Can't proc on ANY special.
2. Have it cost extra mana when it goes off with a special.
3. Give resistance to another splinter a la a glenda hit.

Shatter pot possible fixes:
1. Get a resistance to shatter pots after hit with 1 for 2-5 minutes.
2. Destroy 5 pots for every shatter
3. Make it so you have to be on mount and within 2-3 tiles to shatter pot someone. This should help with stealthing trolls or people that run on the edge of the screen and just throw them and run away.

Discuss.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As the op of this thread I'd say this bs has gone on long enough. We get ancouple people supporting their cases with proof, facts, video and knowledge, and others who just keep spouting the same random rhetoric without any experience to back it up. These types of posters are the kind that hold constructive discussion back.

@Captn Norrington or whoever else moderates here. I think the cases have been made, the information has been laid out, and from here it's up to the devs to regurgitate the mess if desired. Plz lock my thread.

I simply intended this post to pic off pieces like fire pies and shatter pots which have a massive effect on PvP, and could be safely nerfed with no effect to pvm or other game play. Evade would be tougher but may be worth discussion. But instead we have a few trolls who want to tip the game a wrongful direction with a misguided, uninformed point of view on the topic

Whether or not you believe parry is op or not is irrelevant imo. You reduce parry in any measurable way and what is close to balanced tips horribly towards dexers "ps because of pies weaps are the only worthwhile way of pushing burst damage to a reasonable level".

Fish pies are a major problem in how they reduce damage, and shatter pots are quite simply a troll tactic that reduces "fun" PvP. They should both be heavily nerfed, to the point fish pies aren't usable in PvP and shatter pots are barely even noticable. Make them break 5 pots with a 5 min cooldown or worse.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PS. I guess great DC just died to learn me, and cried that he got nerve struck. Guess he should of came with parry LOL.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'll try to report on what happened in a way that made sense. Great DC (one of the amazing pvpers that is against parry in pvp) says I wouldn't challenge him because he's a better player. So I go ask him at the gate for a fight and this is his reply: upload_2018-10-2_15-16-14.png

Basically, I show up on the 1v1 offensive oriented template of my choosing because I've read in this thread that splinter and poisoning aren't issues. He refuses to fight and understandably. He's on a mystic mage and I would completely have an advantage. So I offered to grab another mage. He dances around it without answer, I go grab it anyway.

When I show back up, he cries thinking it's a bandage mage. I assure him it's not. He can open my paperdoll to see I'm refined and holding a bokuto. Any pvper that plays now could probably guess I'm a bokuto mage. I get him to fight at wrong and this is what happens:

upload_2018-10-2_17-26-0.png

He immediately cries that I used a weapon even though we were both holding one. This is the quality of player that has free reign to give their input on pvp matters. He continued to rage in all caps that I nerve struck him ONCE and that he wins by default. He kept crying so after he rez'd and got mana, I walled it again and dropped him in quick fashion:
upload_2018-10-2_15-21-30.png

The entirety of this thread is about suggested pvp changes. They have chosen to suggest parry is the main key to pvp imbalance. I did not evade, I did not confidence, I did not splinter. Yet, when these players get the 1v1 they so desperately crave, they cry about everything that pvp is right now. That is killing the other player. Using pots, weapons, whatever the case. He cried about several templates, he cried about one weapon hit. Players that don't want to participate in the full aspect that is pvp shouldn't have a say in pvp matters. Period.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course I would fight him. I usually only get to flag him when hes within 5 tiles of a house.

Anyways, fixes to splinter (would probably need to be tinkered with) but here's a few ideas to start (any of them would be better than current form):
1. Can't proc on ANY special.
2. Have it cost extra mana when it goes off with a special.
3. Give resistance to another splinter a la a glenda hit.

Shatter pot possible fixes:
1. Get a resistance to shatter pots after hit with 1 for 2-5 minutes.
2. Destroy 5 pots for every shatter
3. Make it so you have to be on mount and within 2-3 tiles to shatter pot someone. This should help with stealthing trolls or people that run on the edge of the screen and just throw them and run away.

Discuss.
Splintering Weapon:

#1 - I don't agree with this one, because of mage-weapons. splintering is more than enough when your offense is spell-based damage... so over-all it'll hurt dexers more than mages.
#2 - +5 additional mana (not affected by LMC) that could be fair.
#3 - This is the one I can see making the most positive difference. 1 minute immunity. it makes "Bleed" more useful since you wouldn't be able to supplement it with splintering alone.

Shatter potions.

#1 - I agree with an immunity timer, I don't think you should be able to get shattered multiple times without some immunity. I'd say a 30-60 second immunity would be fair, but it shouldn't be limited to just this type of potion... every "offensive" consumable should have some type of immunity to it.
#2 - 5 potions isn't enough, unless you could set a priority list as to which potions are broken first. this would make them legitimately useless because of how many potions can be carried. 10-15 would be better imo
#3 - Perfectly reasonable. I'm 100% for this. it's the first potential solution to the main problem you guys post about -"A Trolling Tactic".

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Splintering Weapon:

#1 - I don't agree with this one, because of mage-weapons. splintering is more than enough when your offense is spell-based damage... so over-all it'll hurt dexers more than mages.
#2 - +5 additional mana (not affected by LMC) that could be fair.
#3 - This is the one I can see making the most positive difference. 1 minute immunity. it makes "Bleed" more useful since you wouldn't be able to supplement it with splintering alone.

Shatter potions.

#1 - I agree with an immunity timer, I don't think you should be able to get shattered multiple times without some immunity. I'd say a 30-60 second immunity would be fair, but it shouldn't be limited to just this type of potion... every "offensive" consumable should have some type of immunity to it.
#2 - 5 potions isn't enough, unless you could set a priority list as to which potions are broken first. this would make them legitimately useless because of how many potions can be carried. 10-15 would be better imo
#3 - Perfectly reasonable. I'm 100% for this. it's the first potential solution to the main problem you guys post about -"A Trolling Tactic".

Agreed on the mounted and stuff. Anything else than what they break now would be good. I've seen them break 50-70 before depending on what's being carried obviously (looted full) .5-15 MAX would be better. And being shattered should create a long immunity, like 2-5 minutes. This way the items can be used tactfully, or against each player in a group but not hammered on a single player.

Fish pies ... Are just too much. At one time they were blown off because they were a pain to make. But now that everyone has a massive stockpile of them and they are commonplace, and constantly used, it is way too much. A fire pie for instance takes 5 damage off every instance of fire damage. So say exp-fs-magic arrow... 15 damage reduced on top of potentially refined resists. That's alot... 10% of max char hps.

quovadis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
how fix pvp
1- dont lisen ls pvper
2-remove parry for pure mage restriction list
3-remove timer on supernove
4-raise the damage from pet in pvp
5-make healing remove splinter and heal at the same time
6-add timer on splintering that can proc 2 3 time in a row and cost a extra mana
7- fukiya/shuriken timer between uses should be based on the player, not the belt/gun.
8- Reduce evasion % max by 25% and scale in pvp only
9-remove shatter pot from the game or just add a long timer on it
10-if a shot get parry, we dont lose mana

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, splinter not going off with specials is too harsh on dexxers. I don't know that I see much of an issue with splinter as is. A few scenarios with LP mages can be much, but in groups it's whatever.

Shatters I'd like to see a chance for it to break your own pots.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how fix pvp
1- dont lisen ls pvper
2-remove parry for pure mage restriction list
3-remove timer on supernove
4-raise the damage from pet in pvp
5-make healing remove splinter and heal at the same time
6-add timer on splintering that can proc 2 3 time in a row and cost a extra mana
7- fukiya/shuriken timer between uses should be based on the player, not the belt/gun.
8- Reduce evasion % max by 25% and scale in pvp only
9-remove shatter pot from the game or just add a long timer on it
10-if a shot get parry, we dont lose mana

I think parry being on the restricted list for the extra sdi is ok. Nova having that timer is pretty important. When it didn't have it Nova's were pretty nasty, wouldn't change that

The more I think about splinter the more I don't see it as a major problem. Yeah it's pretty crazy compared to no splinter but splinter is almost s requirement for a 1 tile dexer, and it's walking ability really reigns in runners. Maybe it should have like a 3 secondimmunity , so u can't land successive hits with splinter proccing, I think that'd probably be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.