• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Balancing Proposal 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
how fix pvp
1- dont lisen ls pvper
2-remove parry for pure mage restriction list
3-remove timer on supernove
4-raise the damage from pet in pvp
5-make healing remove splinter and heal at the same time
6-add timer on splintering that can proc 2 3 time in a row and cost a extra mana
7- fukiya/shuriken timer between uses should be based on the player, not the belt/gun.
8- Reduce evasion % max by 25% and scale in pvp only
9-remove shatter pot from the game or just add a long timer on it
10-if a shot get parry, we dont lose mana
Most of this I don't really have an issue with either. Losing mana on parried shots is a pretty big consequence for dexxers.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOL Learn me nerve struck me twice in a pure mage duel. Congrats on losing the fight by using bushido in a mage duel. I only had a basic mage wep in hand, not a weapon skill kid. You were getting destroyed mage versus mage and you decided to use nerve strike cause your horrid

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most of this I don't really have an issue with either. Losing mana on parried shots is a pretty big consequence for dexxers.

Yea, this and shield bash shouldn't take Mana unless it lands either. It's a pretty Mana intensive button to hit when ur losing all that Mana and Missing.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOL Learn me nerve struck me twice in a pure mage duel. Congrats on losing the fight by using bushido in a mage duel. I only had a basic mage wep in hand, not a weapon skill kid. You were getting destroyed mage versus mage and you decided to use nerve strike cause your horrid

Guess you should of brought parry. Also it wasn't pure mage, you tried to spell plague and heal stone on ur mystic lol.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess I should've figured he wouldn't mage duel for real, just like I sad over and over again. Lets also note that his screenshot shows him using a illegal 3rd party program that he said he wouldn't use to fight me. I must just be so amazing that even with cheats people cant beat me. LOLOLOL

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess I should've figured he wouldn't mage duel for real, just like I sad over and over again. Lets also note that his screenshot shows him using a illegal 3rd party program that he said he wouldn't use to fight me. I must just be so amazing that even with cheats people cant beat me. LOLOLOL

Ur a broken record. Why don't you type in all caps and whine, cry and hide every chance you get on the forums like you do in gen chat though? Kinda weird, are you trying to maintain 2 different personas?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess you should of brought parry. Also it wasn't pure mage, you tried to spell plague and heal stone on ur mystic lol.
I never used heal stone in the fight cetric, don't lie about what happened. And I accidentally precast plague but didn't use it. Teel the truth for once in your life. And he agreed to a pure mage duel before we went and then used nerve strike as I figured it happen. None of you FS guys are good enough

quovadis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I think parry being on the restricted list for the extra sdi is ok. Nova having that timer is pretty important. When it didn't have it Nova's were pretty nasty, wouldn't change that

The more I think about splinter the more I don't see it as a major problem. Yeah it's pretty crazy compared to no splinter but splinter is almost s requirement for a 1 tile dexer, and it's walking ability really reigns in runners. Maybe it should have like a 3 secondimmunity , so u can't land successive hits with splinter proccing, I think that'd probably be fair.
parry was add on restricted list went pure mage ave 30 sdi now its only 25 vs 20 sdi.nova was nasty and usefull.now why invest 100 skill for one conflag and useless nova
splintering alone is not a probleme its went he proc 3 time in row and the healing char that cant heal just remove the bleed.
not Losing mana on parried shots or not that much

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
parry was add on restricted list went pure mage ave 30 sdi now its only 25 vs 20 sdi.nova was nasty and usefull.now why invest 100 skill for one conflag and useless nova
splintering alone is not a probleme its went he proc 3 time in row and the healing char that cant heal just remove the bleed.

not Losing mana on parried shots or not that much

Well you don't need alchy for Nova's obviously, so you don't need to invest 100 skill for them. Agree on the Mana thing though, you shouldn't lose Mana on a parried shot, if someone tries to say you should AT most half Mana, but I don't see why UD lose Mana on a parry. Dumb mechanic.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now were back to all EGO posting and denial to what actually happened. Typical of what I expected, that's why I don't bother trying to go fight you guys cause you lie, cheat and deny truth like some kind of weird internet bullies or something. Its so sad its not even funny,

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now were back to all EGO posting and denial to what actually happened. Typical of what I expected, that's why I don't bother trying to go fight you guys cause you lie, cheat and deny truth like some kind of weird internet bullies or something. Its so sad its not even funny,

I guess ur upset that you didn't get to back up any of your claims. All you did was enforce what everyone's been trying to say.

Besides, like 5 people even care to pure mage these days. You are behind the times and your opinion on parry reflects that. Learn me came with extra skill built into defense and a weapon in his hand. Your brought mystic. You got smacked in the face because you chose not to invest skill into defense and paid the price. And you wonder why people feel the need for parry. Weapons are powerful, spells aren't as much anymore. Go back to all caps spamming gen chat, ur just a troll.

quovadis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well you don't need alchy for Nova's obviously, so you don't need to invest 100 skill for them. Agree on the Mana thing though, you shouldn't lose Mana on a parried shot, if someone tries to say you should AT most half Mana, but I don't see why UD lose Mana on a parry. Dumb mechanic.
for the extra damage yes

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed on the mounted and stuff. Anything else than what they break now would be good. I've seen them break 50-70 before depending on what's being carried obviously (looted full) .5-15 MAX would be better.
See, right there. This is the reason we won't find a good common ground.

You've seen shatters break 50-70 potions, you think they break too much at that point, clearly.

What I see, you carry ~180-230 or more potions? No one, (idgaf who you are), should be carrying anywhere near that amount of consumables under any circumstances whatsoever.

the part that's "not fun" is the process of leaving to restock consumables, right? I mean, it sure as hell can't be fun not getting any kills.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See, right there. This is the reason we won't find a good common ground.

You've seen shatters break 50-70 potions, you think they break too much at that point, clearly.

What I see, you carry ~180-230 or more potions? No one, (idgaf who you are), should be carrying anywhere near that amount of consumables under any circumstances whatsoever.

the part that's "not fun" is the process of leaving to restock consumables, right? I mean, it sure as hell can't be fun not getting any kills.
i carry about 33/33/20/15/15/10 at restock, which is more than most

thats 126 potions

ya i dont want to restock - ya ive failed 10+ cures on a dead run lethal poisoned before chased by 5 people so no stopping to cast arch. if i end up in a dungeon those refreshes are huge, etc.

But here again - a small handful of people have a strong opinion that potions dont belong when theyve been heavily prevelent and necessary for as long as i can remember. But theres your 1v1 balance thought again. 1v1 you can probably plan to and get an arch off on a lethal poison. group fight, probably not so much.

Take great dc as an example. he plays a mystic primarily and cries in gen chat that potions are cheating. He plays a mystic and he can use a heal stone, which mirrors or even is better than a heal pot, or atleast serves the same function.... yet because he cast it its "ok"

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But here again - a small handful of people have a strong opinion that potions dont belong when theyve been heavily prevelent and necessary for as long as i can remember. But theres your 1v1 balance thought again. 1v1 you can probably plan to and get an arch off on a lethal poison. group fight, probably not so much.
Where have we ever said potions don't belong? Point it out for us, and take as much time as you need to find it (but I can tell you right now: you won't find it, because it isn't there.) What we actually think is the issue is the OVER-RELIANCE on them (which is why your complaining about shatter pots began), to the point that people like Learn Me will LEAVE A FIGHT if they run out due to shatters, then go and restock.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I never agreed to duel pure mage. I even posted most of the journal of our conversation. You said I couldn't use poisoning and I obliged. I said I will fight you mage v mage somewhere you cannot run from me and the result is as expected. You think pure mage has anything to do with UO pvp? The entire point of what I've been saying is that players like you are stuck in 2005 refusing to adapt and come to terms. YOU cannot compete in today's uo, end of story. You will not try and you down right couldn't if you wanted to. You want everyone holding a lantern and cycling each other around spawn dungeons and if someone see's you, to just stand there and watch because you're DUELING BRO.

I nerved you once, did not chug, did not splinter, did not have poisoning (per your request), did not evade, did not use pies or apples. If you refuse to participate in today's pvp, then pipe down and let pvpers discuss CURRENT game mechanics and issues.
Can you explain what "programs" I used and where you see them? Or are you, surprise, talking out of your ass again?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think parry being on the restricted list for the extra sdi is ok. Nova having that timer is pretty important. When it didn't have it Nova's were pretty nasty, wouldn't change that

The more I think about splinter the more I don't see it as a major problem. Yeah it's pretty crazy compared to no splinter but splinter is almost s requirement for a 1 tile dexer, and it's walking ability really reigns in runners. Maybe it should have like a 3 secondimmunity , so u can't land successive hits with splinter proccing, I think that'd probably be fair.
A splinter lasts for like 3+ seconds. I don't think you should be able to keep splinter procing people over and over at a 30/60% clip with specials goin off. An immunity should be for at least 15-20 seconds (after the splinter ends).

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A splinter lasts for like 3+ seconds. I don't think you should be able to keep splinter procing people over and over at a 30/60% clip with specials goin off. An immunity should be for at least 15-20 seconds (after the splinter ends).
Whats disarm timer?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd say the 10 seconds from proc to over would be fine. Maybe a little long feeling for a dexer who really needs it.

Another idea would be to make the bleed tick function not disrupt or cause damage, making splinter a pure force walk ability.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never agreed to duel pure mage. I even posted most of the journal of our conversation. You said I couldn't use poisoning and I obliged. I said I will fight you mage v mage somewhere you cannot run from me and the result is as expected. You think pure mage has anything to do with UO pvp? The entire point of what I've been saying is that players like you are stuck in 2005 refusing to adapt and come to terms. YOU cannot compete in today's uo, end of story. You will not try and you down right couldn't if you wanted to. You want everyone holding a lantern and cycling each other around spawn dungeons and if someone see's you, to just stand there and watch because you're DUELING BRO.

I nerved you once, did not chug, did not splinter, did not have poisoning (per your request), did not evade, did not use pies or apples. If you refuse to participate in today's pvp, then pipe down and let pvpers discuss CURRENT game mechanics and issues.
Can you explain what "programs" I used and where you see them? Or are you, surprise, talking out of your ass again?
LOLOLOL. Are you really that slow!?!?! You asked me to come duel you on mages and then you used a non mage tactic after realizing you had no chance of beating me with just magery. The percentage number above your character in the picture proves your using a illegal 3rd party program, Id say what it is but stratics would delete it. You need to wake up and realize that pvp is dead in its current form and your just not good enough. Only bad players like say one thing then do another to try to save your own skin. You lost a mage duel to me cause your garbage and always will be. Stay hiding in your numbers and being a total UO loser with a EGO problem. People like you is why the game is in the state its in. Grow up for once in your life.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOLOL. Are you really that slow!?!?! You asked me to come duel you on mages and then you used a non mage tactic after realizing you had no chance of beating me with just magery. The percentage number above your character in the picture proves your using a illegal 3rd party program, Id say what it is but stratics would delete it. You need to wake up and realize that pvp is dead in its current form and your just not good enough. Only bad players like say one thing then do another to try to save your own skin. You lost a mage duel to me cause your garbage and always will be. Stay hiding in your numbers and being a total UO loser with a EGO problem. People like you is why the game is in the state its in. Grow up for once in your life.

Still living in the past. Maybe make a modern character, take a character orange, and participate in PvP.

All you do is spam gen chat, cry about literally anything and everything that could happen, sit on a blue in guard zone not flagging so u can run in your house. The only time you even consider flagging is to gank or because ur on your stealther and you think smoke bombs can bail you out.

You are the epitome of the type of troll that ruins the game. Keep trying to shrug it off on everyone else though.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still living in the past. Maybe make a modern character, take a character orange, and participate in PvP.

All you do is spam gen chat, cry about literally anything and everything that could happen, sit on a blue in guard zone not flagging so u can run in your house. The only time you even consider flagging is to gank or because ur on your stealther and you think smoke bombs can bail you out.

You are the epitome of the type of troll that ruins the game. Keep trying to shrug it off on everyone else though.
I don't need to buddy, I just pooped your buddy with an old school character in 30 seconds. Why do you keep changing what is really the truth here? He agreed to a straight mage vs mage in our conversation then used nerve strike cause he was losing badly. Only reason my one char on atl isn't in VvV is cause I don't have zerg to back me like you Cetric, I prefer skilled fighting over ganking. You were a nobody in CREW zerg years ago and a nobody still. Only difference between then and now is you guys all run illegal programs think your somebody. Maybe one day youll wake up, but I doubt it since your EGO wont take it.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the brief period I was allied to DC's guild on Catskills, DC would ask Zedd, myself, and every other member in our guild for advice on how to script and use a speeder. Thankfully, VIP and Calamity's guild came to Cats shortly thereafter and we dropped the alliance. DC then would follow us around at Yew and ask to be in the guild...and would be constantly rejected.

Goooooood times

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I never agreed to pure mage. Reference my screenshots to see how most of that conversation went. I said I had no healing, wouldn't use poisoning or splinter. You got hit with one nerve and flew off the handle in gen chat how you beat me. Don't know what program you think I use or how it would benefit me in a 20 second demolition of you. All I did was curse you, ma lightning you to half life, you ate a nerve and a lightning to die. What exactly do you think I did in 20 seconds that was unfair? Had four people watching you and making fun of you.

On top of me pinging 4x what you do playing from the west l o l

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In the brief period I was allied to DC's guild on Catskills, DC would ask Zedd, myself, and every other member in our guild for advice on how to script and use a speeder. Thankfully, VIP and Calamity's guild came to Cats shortly thereafter and we dropped the alliance. DC then would follow us around at Yew and ask to be in the guild...and would be constantly rejected.

Goooooood times
Were you in Over or R. with me? We've been poopin on this kid for 13 years now.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More denial of the truth. I can see its like talking to a wall trying to conversate with such losers with huge EGOS. I guess you edited the part that said straight mage vs mage and now wanna lie about it. Its ok learn me its only a game, no need to pound your chest over getting stomped. You tried to use just magery for twenty seconds and realized you were gonna lose then you equipped the bokuto that you didn't have on originally. Im done trying to back and forth with someone who wants to constantly lie and be trash over losing a pure mage fight in a dead game. Get over yourself and grow up.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Goooooood times
LOL who are you? Im still friends with Zedd and Chris and others that were in that guild. I do love all the name dropping you guys do though, im so hated by people unless im helping them out in pvp. ITs so funny how fast people turn on you when your not on their side, over a video game. How sad

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were you in Over or R. with me? We've been poopin on this kid for 13 years now.
Yeah, I was in Over while Cal and you guys were there. I kept a character in nme after Vip and Over left the shard but didn't play Cats much during the R. days, as I recall most of the nme folks stopped playing or x-ferred after that. I started playing Chessy and GL.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL who are you? Im still friends with Zedd and Chris and others that were in that guild. I do love all the name dropping you guys do though, im so hated by people unless im helping them out in pvp. ITs so funny how fast people turn on you when your not on their side, over a video game. How sad
I find that hard to believe seeing as how you were never in a guild with any of us or maybe they finally let you join their guilds. Kudos to your friendship either way.

To be clear though, It wasn't really turning on you guys. We were very straight up that we were only allying DR so we could have meatshields/numbers to compete with g@nk and db4 at the time. And again, once we allied you asked for scripts/3rd party tips, and were then rejected from joining nme after we dropped the alliance.

sacred fungus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I find that hard to believe seeing as how you were never in a guild with any of us or maybe they finally let you join their guilds. Kudos to your friendship either way.

To be clear though, It wasn't really turning on you guys. We were very straight up that we were only allying DR so we could have meatshields/numbers to compete with g@nk and db4 at the time. And again, once we allied you asked for scripts/3rd party tips, and were then rejected from joining nme after we dropped the alliance.
Hmmm. This explains quite a lot actually. Reading through this thread, I kept wondering why this guy keeps accusing everyone else of cheating. Someone who uses 3rd party programs is more likely to believe others are as well. Because if they are using it, then surely everyone else must be too right?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If anything I asked if to find out if you were cheating. Most of your kind that think your good are usually running something to make up for your lack of skill.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anything I asked if to find out if you were cheating. Most of your kind that think your good are usually running something to make up for your lack of skill.
LOL your detective and deduction skills are really just phenomenal...

I wouldn't think you would need to resort to such levels of cunning around your good friends Zedd and Chris either...

It definitely wasn't the case that you wanted to be better at PVP and have nme folks train DR people to be better at pvp and you specifically asked for third party tips, no that wouldn't make sense...

But yeah, totally most of "our kind" just can't be straight up better at a computer game than you are, ok.

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, you guys really went at it over the parry issue! It just shows how controversial the skill is combined with anat/eval, wrestle, bush/weapskill.

I understand that 3 archers syncing on a disarmed person without parry can drop in less than 3-5 seconds.

Let's go back to suggestions though shall we?

Pvp is dead and confined to yew gate atl because they haven't implemented cross shard features (what I listed on page 2 of the thread.) There should be a cross server for dungeons/certain facets: North America, Euro, Asia. We all can agree on this yes?

I'm willing to say that over 80% of all uo players, free shard or osi use these programs. You can also equip entire suits on the fly with enhanced client. So, which is more op?

Not many dexxers have 100 hit lower d
SURE if you focus attack you can get that.

In terms of amazing loot, I'm pretty sure they nerfed loot from putrif. TMAPS, Exodus, The Roof, Underwater still drop considerable stuff. But yes we all want more sick no name legendaries. UO screwed up when they nerfed the original intensities on items when time of legends dropped. A small percentage of folks have godlike looties.

A dexxer without parry vs a dexxer with parry. The good dexxers know if you need parry on your dexxer you're a wuss (looks at Broli and De Leet Ed. We know them parry boys are pendejos)

Mage duels? Go to "HI brid" and duel. Make sure you contact SoulWeaver to hold your plats.

I'm all for cross server battlegrounds. And cross server rewards.

Still reading much of this thread. You guys are making great points besides all the needless crap talk.

Make trapped pouches a thing, and paralyze spell should para you regardless of resist spells.

Splinter weapons... op or not op. Idk

Teh Trader Guy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Parry was broke a cpl years ago when i last played now it is worse everyone playing evade mages with super def and super dmg

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now i am just a trammy care bear but i am confused it seems other that 3 or 4 people talking about how they Pwn each other that the main argument is parry is broken because it works right??
If you're listening to the heavily biased pro-Parry group, who base their pvp solely on Yew Gate (which has always been where people go where they're bored and want a quick fix, not as the main source of pvp), yeah it's not broken. To put it another way, since I'm sure these are games everyone's familiar with: Motaro from Mortal Kombat Trilogy, who was playable on the PS1 version w/out a cheat code. As one of the game's two boss characters, he was freaking overpowered and could end a battle in 2-3 hits, reflect any projectiles at him (so they'd hit the user instead), etc. I'm sure there were competitive events even back in the 90's, and I'd imagine he was very much banned as a result (assuming the Playstation release was used for those events.)

In UO, Parry is currently a similar concept, although basing pvp on Yew Gate is also part of the problem. Learn Me and Cetric can claim "group pvp" all they want, but Yew Gate, ultimately, is anything but group pvp: random blues and OJs will jump in at the first opportunity they get for a kill shot; if they don't have the opportunity, they won't venture out of the gate/guardzone. They did the same thing years ago too. If people actually pvp'd at spawns (even on Atl, you can do Despise frequently, because people don't leave Yew Gate), you'd see other mage templates, almost none of which would be a Bushido/Parry Mage: mystic, spellweaving, and necro are quite common at spawns, whether for working the spawn or defending.

If you want to know the real reasons why pvp is so dead in this game, to the point that Yew Gate Atl is pretty much the only place to find it (and even then, it's not constant), here's why:

1) The dev team. People don't want to play a game where the devs say they want feedback, then ignore it just to push new content through (pet revamp, pvp publish)
2) Location. As I said before, Yew Gate is where people go when they're bored. That said, for people with limited time, Yew Gate is a good place to get a quick fix...and I'm not going to fault them for that. But you can't base your entire pvp argument on one small aspect of the game's pvp. I know Learn Me will fight at spawns, and I'm pretty sure Cetric will too, if they're still in the same guild. But Paith? He (and his guildmates) literally never leave Yew Gate. He's not worth listening to.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ya i dont want to restock - ya ive failed 10+ cures on a dead run lethal poisoned before chased by 5 people so no stopping to cast arch. if i end up in a dungeon those refreshes are huge, etc.
I know you don't want to restock, I don't enjoy it either, the other reason I don't like playing dexers very much you can't survive anything without potions on a dexer unless you just don't stay on screen lol

I really hate to do this to you, but you're referring to another outnumbered situation =p

I know what you mean though, I've failed to cure & have seen many others fail to cure with potions 8x+ in a row. that's a poisoning issue though, I'd like to see it become easier to cure, but there would have to be some cooldown on cure potions because auto-cure with potions has always been f***ing stupid.

IMO, the only potion that doesn't need a cooldown is Refresh, because if dexers don't have that they don't have a snowballs chance in hell at killing anything in pvp.

Edit: It's rare, but it is possible to fail with Arch cure at 120mage/eval too, pretty lame.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know you don't want to restock, I don't enjoy it either, the other reason I don't like playing dexers very much you can't survive anything without potions on a dexer unless you just don't stay on screen lol

I really hate to do this to you, but you're referring to another outnumbered situation =p

I know what you mean though, I've failed to cure & have seen many others fail to cure with potions 8x+ in a row. that's a poisoning issue though, I'd like to see it become easier to cure, but there would have to be some cooldown on cure potions because auto-cure with potions has always been f***ing stupid.

IMO, the only potion that doesn't need a cooldown is Refresh, because if dexers don't have that they don't have a snowballs chance in hell at killing anything in pvp.

Edit: It's rare, but it is possible to fail with Arch cure at 120mage/eval too, pretty lame.

What's wrong with fighting outnumbered again?

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the off topic. Anyone know what kind of drugs Mesanna, Bleak and Kyronix are taking?

They took khaldun, a fel spawn, added all these wonderful artifact's, quests etc, boxes, pixels - AND PUT IT IN TRAM!?

sigh

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's wrong with fighting outnumbered again?
Nothing.

But, when you try to ask for things to be balanced around group fights this is what you mean.

I don't know what it's like to not be outnumbered anymore, It's just a sign how bad pvp has become.

Last edited:

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I dont understand the complaint about resorting to run off screen as a dexer is somehow boring. Lot of ppl enjoy playing those type of characters. If you want to stay on screen as a Dexer then get a casting ability.

The Healing skill was made for healing on the run. That is where it shines.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In UO, Parry is currently a similar concept, although basing pvp on Yew Gate is also part of the problem. Learn Me and Cetric can claim "group pvp" all they want, but Yew Gate, ultimately, is anything but group pvp: random blues and OJs will jump in at the first opportunity they get for a kill shot; if they don't have the opportunity, they won't venture out of the gate/guardzone. They did the same thing years ago too. If people actually pvp'd at spawns (even on Atl, you can do Despise frequently, because people don't leave Yew Gate), you'd see other mage templates, almost none of which would be a Bushido/Parry Mage: mystic, spellweaving, and necro are quite common at spawns, whether for working the spawn or defending.
This is exactly what I mean when I say you're talking in circles. In a previous post you said you find vastly different templates at spawn fights. In this post I've quoted here, you say actual pvp is at spawns and you even go on to say how mystic, weaving and necro are common while parry mages are not. So which is it? Is spawn pvp real pvp, in which case nobody runs parry and therefore parry is not an issue? Not to mention nobody is playing a one tile dexxer at spawn successfully with choke points, spawn stam blocks and random fields? One minute pvp is supposed to be based around 1v1, the next you're posting that spawn pvp (AKA GROUP PVP) is real pvp.

To further explain, just last night we went to fight at Khaldun. 4 of us fought 6 legion around t2a. By your definition, this isn't group pvp because it's not even numbered so this entire fight does not count as pvp? Even though it is at a spawn...? You need to pick a direction and stick with it.

Later in the evening, we had 6, Legion fielded 6, LLTS had 7-8, F8 fielded roughly 8-9. Is this gank pvp or is it group pvp? Is it gank pvp because one guild had more than the other and it was at Yew town? Your perspective is not wanting to play with a group so everything at Yew becomes a gank, but then you suggest spawn pvp (based around group pvp since aos came out) is real pvp where nobody plays with parry.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Group pvp does not mean outnumbered fighting. Had one guy die fighting 6v6 around Yew bank last night to an LP tick. He went through 7 cure pots before a tick got him. I stood there looking stupid because I held a gheal thinking eventually a cure pot would go off. Even numbered fight, one LP took 7+ cure pots (never cured so who knows what it would've taken). If he begins a fight with 10 cure pots, how many poisons until he's out of cure pots and dies?

I get where you're coming from on reliance on consumables and wanting a cooldown on cure pots, but again if you base that around 1v1 pvp when people are shotgunning shurikens from 8 tiles that can take 3-4 cure pots and LP hits that can take 8+... a cooldown on cure pots is substantial.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Group pvp does not mean outnumbered fighting. Had one guy die fighting 6v6 around Yew bank last night to an LP tick. He went through 7 cure pots before a tick got him. I stood there looking stupid because I held a gheal thinking eventually a cure pot would go off. Even numbered fight, one LP took 7+ cure pots (never cured so who knows what it would've taken). If he begins a fight with 10 cure pots, how many poisons until he's out of cure pots and dies?

I get where you're coming from on reliance on consumables and wanting a cooldown on cure pots, but again if you base that around 1v1 pvp when people are shotgunning shurikens from 8 tiles that can take 3-4 cure pots and LP hits that can take 8+... a cooldown on cure pots is substantial.
If you read what he said "I failed to cure 10x with potions being chased by 5 people" where was his group?

Btw, It doesn't matter what the numbers are in that situation, Cures can fail regardless of how many people are outnumbering you or not. Hence why I said it's a poisoning issue.... is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.