• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Balancing Proposal 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hehe, you know what the funny thing is about this? even if it wasn't true, you're still defending cheating by automatically assuming it doesn't matter.
When did I say it doesn't matter? Please quote me.

Just because you think it's ok like your friend does, doesn't mean I'm ok with it.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL in all the voice chats ive been in over the years, I asked everyone new if they used outside programs. That doesn't mean I went and downloaded the crap, all it told me was without those programs those players weren't very good. I can give a long list of these so called pvpers that run illegal programs. Ive been UOA in OSI since like 6 months after I started playing. But hey stratics is like twitter where people like to spread rumors and nonsense and believe it cause its on the internet. One of best buddies for years I played with used a program and tried for 6-7 years to get me to use it and I never did. So much immaturity on here its ridiculous.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When did I say it doesn't matter? Please quote me.

Just because you think it's ok like your friend does, doesn't mean I'm ok with it.
What's worse than a cheater? A hypocritical cheater
I never said it was ok, I'm very much against it btw, I just don't like to argue with people I know are cheating because they either don't believe they are or they're unwilling to admit it...
but most of the people bickering about DC are in fact using cheats. Context is important.

I like when I can use the oppositions posts against them in their own argument btw, jsut goes to show you what kinda s*** we're dealing with here.

see screenshot 2 in Learn Me's post clearly not UOAssist or Default Classic Client. (I'll quote it for you)

I If I record showing my entire screen, loading uoassist, and killing you then there would be no excuse right?
As if he uses UOAssist. :eek:

Moderators removed the HP % above his head =/ such a shame.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like how you assumed I'm ok with cheating no evidence whatsoever....

I just find it ridiculous that the guy who has been most vocal with the cheating accusations since page 1 of this thread is also guilty of using them

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you read what he said "I failed to cure 10x with potions being chased by 5 people" where was his group?

Btw, It doesn't matter what the numbers are in that situation, Cures can fail regardless of how many people are outnumbering you or not. Hence why I said it's a poisoning issue.... is it not?
And I followed it with another scenario with his group. Hence why I suggest putting a cooldown on cure pots is an issue...because as your own group admits, there is no 1v1 pvp.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yet you assume I cheated with no evidence whatsoever. The pot calling the kettle black much.
So it's ok for you to play with players you know multi client, loot script, afk farm (I can think of one or two folks we played together with that we know did these things), use speeders and whatever else you want to complain about, but it's not ok to play against them?

Shortly after you raged on me in gen chat, you died to Aeyko and raged on him for cheats. Then you got on GL and people in the GL discord said you were raging in gen chat on there about cheats. Seems like if you have an issue with running around crying cheats with no evidence and aren't bothered by it enough to not play with people who have openly admitted it to you.

Would be a little weird to be a mother against drunk driving, sitting passenger seat in a car with a drunk mom.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I followed it with another scenario with his group. Hence why I suggest putting a cooldown on cure pots is an issue...because as your own group admits, there is no 1v1 pvp.
Yea, this is why posoning should be easy to cure and a cooldown be implemented.. You're very good at conveniently leaving out key points.... I'd appreciate it if you stop doing it.

I'd like to see it become easier to cure, but there would have to be some cooldown on cure potions because auto-cure with potions has always been f***ing stupid.

IMO, the only potion that doesn't need a cooldown is Refresh, because if dexers don't have that they don't have a snowballs chance in hell at killing anything in pvp.

Edit: It's rare, but it is possible to fail with Arch cure at 120mage/eval too, pretty lame.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL your like a desperate person grasping at straws Learn Me cause you got wrecked yesterday in a mage duel. How come the screenshot got edited to remove proof of your cheating program? How come in the previous screenie of the journals in the top right it says mage vs mage only and you agreed to it? Then you hit with a nerve strike with is clearly obvious in the following screenshot. How embarrassing can it get for you kid? This is by far the most laughable thing I ever seen by a desperate fool

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Later in the evening, we had 6, Legion fielded 6, LLTS had 7-8, F8 fielded roughly 8-9. Is this gank pvp or is it group pvp? Is it gank pvp because one guild had more than the other and it was at Yew town? Your perspective is not wanting to play with a group so everything at Yew becomes a gank, but then you suggest spawn pvp (based around group pvp since aos came out) is real pvp where nobody plays with parry.
That's not what I said though? In fact, here it is:

Yew Gate, ultimately, is anything but group pvp: random blues and OJs will jump in at the first opportunity they get for a kill shot; if they don't have the opportunity, they won't venture out of the gate/guardzone.
I've been Red at Yew Gate on Atl. Do you know how many times Draken-Korin has jumped in while other people were attacking me? I, quite honestly, lost count. That happened years ago too, when the entire game was a lot more active than it is now.

That, to me, is pointless and not fun. If you can't tell the difference Yew Gate ganking and ACTUAL group fighting (i.e. at champ spawns), I don't know what to tell you.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it's ok for you to play with players you know multi client, loot script, afk farm
Multi-clienting isn't cheating btw, I'll assume you're referring to me by that part. I rarely play UO without mutli-clienting, speaking of which I have 3 clients open right now (only one logged in atm though)

Who would be the loot script/afk farmer?

there's a big difference between controlling your character(s) and having automated programs do it for you.

Edit: Feel free to PM it to me if you don't feel like dropping names =]

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you expect me to believe you asked about these programs but didnt download?

That is like Bill Clinton saying he smoked but didn't inhale
Cause having information is paramount to killing people in pvp. I know how to take advantage of people using speeders and such by taking small turns and U-turns and making them overshoot me by almost a screen. Why would you not want to collect information, its no different then researching ways to battle cancer irl.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yea, this is why posoning should be easy to cure and a cooldown be implemented.. You're very good at conveniently leaving out key points.... I'd appreciate it if you stop doing it.
I've been overly thorough in every point I've made. You would rather go back to how it was where 100 points in poisoning is becomes less effective just so you can put a cooldown on cures for your 1v1's that don't exist. Make parry weaker, make poisoning weaker, make mages weaker if they have parry. Trend.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been overly thorough in every point I've made. You would rather go back to how it was where 100 points in poisoning is becomes less effective just so you can put a cooldown on cures for your 1v1's that don't exist. Make parry weaker, make poisoning weaker, make mages weaker if they have parry. Trend.
That isn't only about one vs one, it's also very very consistant with posts I've made on these very forums over 5 years ago...

Let me ask you a question.
You know poisoning was buffed up, and nerfed several times over the last 20 years, at least 3 that I recall off the top of my head.

Why do you think it was consistently re-buffed to become more difficult to cure?

you don't fix or break something that doesn't need adjusting, when adjusting something else would solve the problem.

Edit: I'm not in favor of making poisoning useless, I never have been... but sometimes there has to be a compromise. It's better to have one skill (poisoing) become useless, than it being the the best option for the same amount of investment.

Balance is key, it's not balanced enough to where other choices are right.

you can gather that much by posts you & cetric have made btw.

Last edited:

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's not what I said though? In fact, here it is:

I've been Red at Yew Gate on Atl. Do you know how many times Draken-Korin has jumped in while other people were attacking me? I, quite honestly, lost count. That happened years ago too, when the entire game was a lot more active than it is now.

That, to me, is pointless and not fun. If you can't tell the difference Yew Gate ganking and ACTUAL group fighting (i.e. at champ spawns), I don't know what to tell you.

I quoted exactly what you said. I asked you to explain why a 6v6 fight at yew gate is labeled as ganking and not group fighting. Just because you choose to run around by yourself on a red does not mean group pvp doesn't exist. It means you don't have a group.

In UO, Parry is currently a similar concept, although basing pvp on Yew Gate is also part of the problem. Learn Me and Cetric can claim "group pvp" all they want, but Yew Gate, ultimately, is anything but group pvp: random blues and OJs will jump in at the first opportunity they get for a kill shot; if they don't have the opportunity, they won't venture out of the gate/guardzone. They did the same thing years ago too. If people actually pvp'd at spawns (even on Atl, you can do Despise frequently, because people don't leave Yew Gate), you'd see other mage templates, almost none of which would be a Bushido/Parry Mage: mystic, spellweaving, and necro are quite common at spawns, whether for working the spawn or defending.
Right here you SPEFICIALLY SAY at spawns you do not see parry. You have also SPECIFICALLY SAID Yew gate is for ganking. Then in your last post you SPECIFICALLY SAY champ spawns are ACTUAL group fighting. Where are the 1v1's at champ spawns you want to balance pvp around? Who is running in parry in despise that makes mages OP to dexxers?

But you can't base your entire pvp argument on one small aspect of the game's pvp. I know Learn Me will fight at spawns, and I'm pretty sure Cetric will too, if they're still in the same guild. But Paith? He (and his guildmates) literally never leave Yew Gate. He's not worth listening to.
Your group says no dexxers 1v1 and few mages do, but that pvp should be based around 1v1's. Then in this quote YOU SPECIFICALLY SAY you can't base your entire pvp argument on one sall aspect of pvp.

Please directly answer the questions I've presented instead of just saying nuh uh. You complain you show up at the gate on a red and get ganked by blues and randoms. What is going to happen at a spawn (you deem real pvp) if you're alone on a red? Think you'll get ganked? Yes...

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you don't fix or break something that doesn't need adjusting, when adjusting something else would solve the problem.
You realize you could say the same about cure pots? You don't fix or break poisoning when adjusting pots to be stronger would solve that problem.

Also, wasn't referring to you doing any of those things. I do know who was abusing double drops in shadowguard though. You know who was loot scripting. He named names himself saying he's played with plenty of people in the past, but had no issues with it. Knows everyone cheats because everyone admits it, but it doesn't sound like he refused to play with those people. He "got the information he could so he'd know what he's up against" and then continue playing with them. Must really hate cheaters.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
if parry is so OP, why does nobody use it at spawns where the real group pvp happens (because yew is not real group fighting according to some ppl)?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your group says no dexxers 1v1 and few mages do, but that pvp should be based around 1v1's. Then in this quote YOU SPECIFICALLY SAY you can't base your entire pvp argument on one sall aspect of pvp.
We're not saying pvp should be based around 1v1. We're saying PVP BALANCE should be based around it. Am I talking to a brick wall here? I'll even pull up where I said it (it wasn't the only time, but it was the first in my post history.) This time I'll even bold it for you:

And I've explained the opposite. Do I need to repeat it for you? Since I do: Things that WORK IN GROUPS won't necessarily work in a 1v1 setting. The ONLY thing the pvp'ers agreed on in the old Discussing Balance thread was that. Which I'd guess they would STILL agree on.

Sure, I know 1v1's are a thing of the past in UO...but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be the standard for pvp balance. Dismount is utterly worthless 1v1, but it's AMAZING for a group
You even mention me wanting to balance pvp around 1v1:

Right here you SPEFICIALLY SAY at spawns you do not see parry. You have also SPECIFICALLY SAID Yew gate is for ganking. Then in your last post you SPECIFICALLY SAY champ spawns are ACTUAL group fighting. Where are the 1v1's at champ spawns you want to balance pvp around? Who is running in parry in despise that makes mages OP to dexxers?
If random people like Draken-Korin showed up at a Champ Spawn, do you know what would happen to them? They'd drop instantly, no matter who was doing the spawn. At Yew Gate, he (and players like him) can sit in a guardzone, wait for their kill shot, then go back to sitting in the guardzone. What part of that is fun to you? It has nothing to do with running solo/in small groups, btw. The no-skill pvp'ers will do that no matter what.

To address the bolded: Is there anything at champ spawn pvp that's ridiculously overpowered? No, there isn't. But do you really think a pure (read: non-parry) mage can't, in a 1v1, beat a mystic/mage or necro/mage? Because they can. Just as a mystic or necro can kill the pure mage. On the other hand, what can kill a parry mage, especially one running Bushido/Evasion? A group of people, most of whom will be mages as well.

if parry is so OP, why does nobody use it at spawns where the real group pvp happens (because yew is not real group fighting according to some ppl)?
Because Parry (a defensive skill) isn't used for KILLING groups? Did you really need to ask that?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What most of pro-parry people cant seem to grasp is the concept of basing pvp on 1v1. We don't mean every fight in UO is going to be a 1v1 fight.

Its about leveling templates versus each other using that concept. Like If I come out to fight on a pure swords warrior and fight a mage with a weapon skill, there should be a comparable balance in the fight where one template doesn't just demolish the other 10 out of 10 times. It should come down to player skill not what skills you have on your template.

Don't get me wrong there is always going to be a few exceptions to where one template is specifically better versus another specific template, but as a whole you should be able to compete with anything you can come up with. Right now with people playing mostly evade mages, or wrestle parry mages, chivalry parry templates, there is no template to fight back against it other then running the same setup as them. That's why parry when used with a casting school should have its parry chance reduced in half at least. (other then bushido/ninja). I also would like to see all LMC bonuses removed to bring down the massive special spamming on dexxers as well as mana pools on mages some. Bring back timing your attacks instead of just spamming things. Hopefully this makes it clearer for those of you who cant understand what we mean by base concept of 1v1.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do know who was abusing double drops in shadowguard though. .
I absolutely abused shadowguard the double bosses/drops, the belfry, the fountain... I even opened up another account (10 total) to get more for my time.

only one I haven't personally used was feeding apples to fruit eating pets in the orchard (debatable, untill officially stated, whether or not this is a bug btw)... I personally found it much faster to just run around and use process of elimination... no illegal programs are required to do that, I also have done shadowguard several times after those things were fixed.

I even have video recording of the entire shadowguard process with and without the in-game exploits mentioned above. most of which are fixed at this point.

exploit via game-mechanic much different than exploit via third-party program. Both are still wrong, I guess it's a matter of opinion on which one is wronger, personally, I believe third-party methods are worse.

I and others are guilty of derailing this thread many many times already, I'm surprised it hasn't been locked yet.

Honestly, I'd rather get back to discussing balancing issues. cheating is off-topic (though it's important) and we have no idea when or even if the new "list of approved programs" will ever be finished.

Apologies.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We're not saying pvp should be based around 1v1. We're saying PVP BALANCE should be based around it. Am I talking to a brick wall here? I'll even pull up where I said it (it wasn't the only time, but it was the first in my post history.) This time I'll even bold it for you:
I don't think parry is even that great in a 1v1. I'm talking about a parry mage vs dexer. Sure it can help the mage last a little longer against a good dexer before the RNG streak happens, but that is about it. A half decent dexer isn't going to stand there after they miss a few times and you're full dumping on him. It does't matter if they have under 50% chance to hit. RNG will eventually swing their way (most likely with a splinter proc so you can't run)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think parry is even that great in a 1v1. I'm talking about a parry mage vs dexer. Sure it can help the mage last a little longer against a good dexer before the RNG streak happens, but that is about it. A half decent dexer isn't going to stand there after they miss a few times and you're full dumping on him. It does't matter if they have under 50% chance to hit. RNG will eventually swing their way (most likely with a splinter proc so you can't run)
RNG will eventually swing your way, as the dexer.

How many times does a dexer typically have to run from a parry mage before that happens? How many times is reasonable?
and if the mage gets the dexer trapped in an enclosed area with E-fields? RNG either swings the dexers way or they die. just about every template in pvp right now has the same offense a dexer has access too, but Also the offense of magery/eval.

Tactics reduction, Focus spec changes, & Powercreep together are responsible for those things being better than they should be.

we knew these things were coming, because it was discussed back when those changes were on TC1.

I also don't see how it's even debatable that Evade/Nerve-Mages aren't the best template in over-all Damage, Defense, & Recovery.

Disarm is their only weakness? really? Disarm is much more than that against a dexer btw... especially considering the mage has access to that as well, if they so choose to use it.
big balance issue there.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When I see an old school warrior character in pvp killing those so called OP bushido/parry mages, it is difficult for me to agree with you.

Just the fact that there are ppl having success as an old school warrior should show things are fairly balanced now.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think parry is even that great in a 1v1. I'm talking about a parry mage vs dexe
Then you haven't fought enough dexers with it. I've stood still and gotten multiple Death Ray ticks off on an archer (this was back when Masteries were new, and the guy had no idea what it was.) If I weren't a Parry Mage, I couldn't do that - that's not the only time where I've just stood on one tile, because they can't do anything to me. If I start doing heavy damage (because I will, without really having to worry about timing my spells), they start running (but that's not just limited to dexers, who can, unlike non-Bushido mages, heal on the run.)

When I see an old school warrior character in pvp killing those so called OP bushido/parry mages, it is difficult for me to agree with you.

Just the fact that there are ppl having success as an old school warrior should show things are fairly balanced now.
But what Learn Me's vids don't show is everything that led up to the kill: all of the misses, the dexer running when they get damaged, etc.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
TBH the majority of the programs that aren't on the "approved program list" should be included, they just aren't because it is outdated and not thought about. Uoa is a dinosaur, it works "barely". It crashes constantly, and on some machines it just flat out doesn't run anymore. It hasn't been touched by a developers hands since god knows when. Crap 32 bit coding with a memory leak.

I can only think of one thing any if these "programs" do that EC doesn't do right out of the box, and ec can do it with enough modding anyways. And that one thing isnt getting people kills.

Having % of life above a char is a weak client mod in comparison to the amazing things EC can do. Give everyone the EC client user interface and speed but with slight mods and cc graphics and all talk goes away.

The fact they are just now trying in 2018 to add a cc dress macro, 21 years later, tells you how behind uo is with cc client. And the built in targeting system is archaic. It works, but it flags enemies and friendlies alike. EC at least has a mechanism around that.

People that cry cheats are just crying to cry. There is virtually no substance to it.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People that cry cheats are just crying to cry. There is virtually no substance to it.
And people that are saying this are likely using said illegal programs/clients. Funny how that works, isn't it?

I had a quick 1v1 with a guy at Yew who was running some of said programs. I told him to turn one off and there was a VERY noticeable difference in how he fought after he did so. But you're right, there's no substance to the anti-cheating argument.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't even get how anyone is still trying to defend parry being op. Unreal.

And Bushido mages are a really good template, one of the best. Id hardly say it's op though. It's just a good well rounded template.

It has high defense and enough offense to do things. You take bush off for poison or scribe and an ai weapon and now ur a higher offense version of it with less defense. I just don't see a big problem with it

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And people that are saying this are likely using said illegal programs/clients. Funny how that works, isn't it?

I had a quick 1v1 with a guy at Yew who was running some of said programs. I told him to turn one off and there was a VERY noticeable difference in how he fought after he did so. But you're right, there's no substance to the anti-cheating argument.

I dunno what ur referring to, but I'm referring to the client mods like uoa but more updated. There's also a graphics altering mod that is heavily used, that makes the game not feel so Skippy/sporadic. People sometimes call it a speedhack but it actually doesn't, if you measure ur speed from a to b it actually isn't any faster, it just makes the game smoother.

One true cheat that I've ever seen is a japaneese mod that came out and it was unreal. And it was recognised and caught permanent bans because of the speed.

EC is faster than any real mod, with a better UI just a crap graphic. But ignorance is better for the rhetoric right?

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL in all the voice chats ive been in over the years, I asked everyone new if they used outside programs. That doesn't mean I went and downloaded the crap, all it told me was without those programs those players weren't very good. I can give a long list of these so called pvpers that run illegal programs. Ive been UOA in OSI since like 6 months after I started playing. But hey stratics is like twitter where people like to spread rumors and nonsense and believe it cause its on the internet. One of best buddies for years I played with used a program and tried for 6-7 years to get me to use it and I never did. So much immaturity on here its ridiculous.
So you're good friends with Zedd and Chris yet abhor cheaters...lol that makes sense.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
But what Learn Me's vids don't show is everything that led up to the kill: all of the misses, the dexer running when they get damaged, etc.
and you're point is what? that's exactly how you play a dexer. In the end, he was able to stay alive while killing the bush parry mages.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I played an archer yesterday for the first time in prolly 6 months.

My first 1v1 was a bush parry mage. Never had to run, had to chase him down with moving shots to finish tho.

Second was against a scribe parry wrestle mage (sedric). And gunned him down. But yes parry is op continue.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its about leveling templates versus each other using that concept. Like If I come out to fight on a pure swords warrior and fight a mage with a weapon skill, there should be a comparable balance in the fight where one template doesn't just demolish the other 10 out of 10 times. It should come down to player skill not what skills you have on your template.
I mean I get that, but I also feel like everything should have a counter. If someone wants to run a basic swords dexxer I think it should struggle against certain things. A necro struggles against a mystic, a pure dexxer will probably struggle against a disarm archer. It's just tough for me to say a dexxer should be stronger when items have given them endless mana and they can put out damage that there's just no control over.

I'm on board with lowering lmc bonuses and stuff like that. Lowering caps even? Item mods and skill increase are my main issue with pvp, but I don't know how you take a step backward without causing a **** storm with all the work (and ridiculous amounts of gold) some players have put into their suits.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I also don't see how it's even debatable that Evade/Nerve-Mages aren't the best template in over-all Damage, Defense, & Recovery.
I agree with this as well. They have great defense, good offense (with rng assuming people aren't quick on their boxes), and get the bonuses of refinements n such. At the same time, in a 1v1 setting, it's really the only template that kills people anymore aside from LP splint. I'm hesitant to say a mages offense should be hurt anymore as long as refinements and pies are the norm. Like I've referenced over and over, a nerve strike will do 35-45? but I have to have someone cursed to be able to do an 18 damage explosion.

My pvp wish list:

Change pies to have a substantial disadvantage and something with refinements, I'm just not sure what. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone that doesn't use refinements because it just doesn't make sense not to.

Maybe everything just needs a damage bump to combat 150 hp, max resists, max hp, max regens. Defensive capabilities have shot through the roof and sdi for most mages has gotten a 5% increase and ai damage has been capped for years. Maybe the answer is in buffing offenses again? Honestly haven't thought this one out very well, but it makes sense when I first think about it. Pvp in small groups used to be fun because you could two man sync people to death. Now you need 4+ perfect dumps. Just blah

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't even get how anyone is still trying to defend parry being op. Unreal.

And Bushido mages are a really good template, one of the best. Id hardly say it's op though. It's just a good well rounded template.

It has high defense and enough offense to do things. You take bush off for poison or scribe and an ai weapon and now ur a higher offense version of it with less defense. I just don't see a big problem with it
Considering the majority of people are playing evade/nerve-mages.... you play one, you want evasion nerfed...

you also mention, you can switch Bushido for Poisoning or Scribe and use AI

but you know people won't do that... because parry would be useless to them potions are better.... What kind of mage runs Parry & a weapon skill without bushido ?

I'm 100% positive this brought up in the discussion in the "combat changes (publish 96) thread" That's why Wrestling/Anatomy + Parry was OP at the time. it would still be if something stronger didn't come along.

for reference: Combat Changes

We all seemed to be much more agreeable in those discussions.

Here I am, saying the same things I was saying there (there's much much more where that came from) as I'm saying here.

What happened?

Verim of all people actually made a post, It could be sarcasm, but IMO it wasn't. here...at least it's good for a laugh, even if you don't view it the same way that I do.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Considering the majority of people are playing evade/nerve-mages.... you play one, you want evasion nerfed...

you also mention, you can switch Bushido for Poisoning or Scribe and use AI

but you know people won't do that... because parry would be useless to them potions are better.... What kind of mage runs Parry & a weapon skill without bushido ?

I'm 100% positive this brought up in the discussion in the "combat changes (publish 96) thread" That's why Wrestling/Anatomy + Parry was OP at the time. it would still be if something stronger didn't come along.

for reference: Combat Changes

We all seemed to be much more agreeable in those discussions.

Here I am, saying the same things I was saying there (there's much much more where that came from) as I'm saying here.

What happened?

Verim of all people actually made a post, It could be sarcasm, but IMO it wasn't. here...at least it's good for a laugh, even if you don't view it the same way that I do.

lol that post is funny. and ya i do play some evade mages, because evade is supppper nice - and yes i think evade should be nerfed. past evade probably needing a nerf of some sort, i dont see a problem with a bok/evade mage

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As the op of this thread I'd say this bs has gone on long enough. We get ancouple people supporting their cases with proof, facts, video and knowledge, and others who just keep spouting the same random rhetoric without any experience to back it up. These types of posters are the kind that hold constructive discussion back.

@Captn Norrington or whoever else moderates here. I think the cases have been made, the information has been laid out, and from here it's up to the devs to regurgitate the mess if desired. Plz lock my thread.

I simply intended this post to pic off pieces like fire pies and shatter pots which have a massive effect on PvP, and could be safely nerfed with no effect to pvm or other game play. Evade would be tougher but may be worth discussion. But instead we have a few trolls who want to tip the game a wrongful direction with a misguided, uninformed point of view on the topic

Whether or not you believe parry is op or not is irrelevant imo. You reduce parry in any measurable way and what is close to balanced tips horribly towards dexers "ps because of pies weaps are the only worthwhile way of pushing burst damage to a reasonable level".

Fish pies are a major problem in how they reduce damage, and shatter pots are quite simply a troll tactic that reduces "fun" PvP. They should both be heavily nerfed, to the point fish pies aren't usable in PvP and shatter pots are barely even noticable. Make them break 5 pots with a 5 min cooldown or worse.
This thread has been locked. It is a shame that topics that people are interested in turn into trolling, personal attacks, and off-topic arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.