• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, that pet has this for abilities:

Chivalry
Armor Ignore
Mortal Strike
Conductive Blast
Healing (Native)
try now, there was an error in the db for the triton... I tested with the same abilities on tc and it was showing all of them correctly :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a different account and character from before but has same problem.
Specials on this Triton pet is Chivalry, Armor Ignore, Conductive Blast, Mortal Strike and Healing.
I just finished putting the last of the training points on and as soon as I used all the points, the info at the bottom went away.

Screenshot (175).png

Script Call failed - Error while calling [AnimalLore.RatingTooltip]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:3002: attempt to index field 'Total' (a nil value)

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:4197: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'imbue' (a nil value)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a different account and character from before but has same problem.
Specials on this Triton pet is Chivalry, Armor Ignore, Conductive Blast, Mortal Strike and Healing.
I just finished putting the last of the training points on and as soon as I used all the points, the info at the bottom went away.

View attachment 98638

Script Call failed - Error while calling [AnimalLore.RatingTooltip]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:3002: attempt to index field 'Total' (a nil value)

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:4197: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'imbue' (a nil value)
I've added an error that says "missing ..." to find out the cause, can you see it anywhere?
Also what's the exact order you used on training?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the problem was related to a trained pet and the rating doesn't work with trained pet, I've just improved the way it determines if a pet is trained or not so the problem should be fixed :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the problem was related to a trained pet and the rating doesn't work with trained pet, I've just improved the way it determines if a pet is trained or not so the problem should be fixed :p
It works fine now on all the pets I've had out.
As usual, you come thru like a champ for our problems, thank you so much for being so receptive to our woes.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, how do you use the "Sell" Agent. The link to Agents in the 1st post doesn't work and I haven't figured out how to use it.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never mind. I clicked on the stack of coins on the gump. I really need to get my eyes checked lol

Tabain

Visitor
Hey, I just started playing a few days ago and wanted to throw a thank you. Didn't care much for the classic client and the enhanced client was so buggy it was practically unplayable. This custom UI pretty much fixes the Enhanced Client so it's usable.

So that said, I play on an EJ account at the moment while I get settled and poke around and the bank on an EJ account is unusable with the current windows. There is a second window that pops up that you have to use to deposit gold and items into the bank, and with the Pinco UI there is no way to do that currently. All you can do is withdraw items. It's not that hard to relog to the classic when you want to use the bank, but it'd be nice if it got fixed.

Also, this may be a complete newbie concern but the Chivalry book calculates the chance of success on the spells very wrong.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, I just started playing a few days ago and wanted to throw a thank you. Didn't care much for the classic client and the enhanced client was so buggy it was practically unplayable. This custom UI pretty much fixes the Enhanced Client so it's usable.

So that said, I play on an EJ account at the moment while I get settled and poke around and the bank on an EJ account is unusable with the current windows. There is a second window that pops up that you have to use to deposit gold and items into the bank, and with the Pinco UI there is no way to do that currently. All you can do is withdraw items. It's not that hard to relog to the classic when you want to use the bank, but it'd be nice if it got fixed.

Also, this may be a complete newbie concern but the Chivalry book calculates the chance of success on the spells very wrong.
You don't need the stupid second window for the bank on my UI, I made so you can simply drag and drop stuff into the bank box like a normal container :)

Unless it's changed, the success chance for Chivalry is min skill + 30.0 for 100% chance... or are you getting something weird? :D

Tabain

Visitor
Could have sworn I tried drag/drop on the bank and it didn't work. It does now though, so thanks!

The chivalry success chance in the book is much lower than expected. Currently at 68 Chivalry, the success chance listed is 0% on most spells despite obviously being able to cast a number of them perfectly fine.

Attachments

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the last publish, the masts on the ships are not showing the health of the ship. Is this something you can fix? It works great in CC, ours has always been hard to find the right spot.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could have sworn I tried drag/drop on the bank and it didn't work. It does now though, so thanks!

The chivalry success chance in the book is much lower than expected. Currently at 68 Chivalry, the success chance listed is 0% on most spells despite obviously being able to cast a number of them perfectly fine.
I don't know what factors there are involved there, maybe check for errors because it's working fine for me...

Since the last publish, the masts on the ships are not showing the health of the ship. Is this something you can fix? It works great in CC, ours has always been hard to find the right spot.
As said before, there is no properties for the mast in EC, so nothing that can be done there in my part :(

Dino

Visitor
Since the last patch i have the problem that all the marked waypoints from SoS bottles disapear when i relog. It works normal when i play with custom ui. Is it possible that there is an issue with Pincos UI ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the last patch i have the problem that all the marked waypoints from SoS bottles disapear when i relog. It works normal when i play with custom ui. Is it possible that there is an issue with Pincos UI ?
You can't switch ui and expect everything to work perfectly, in fact the more you switch, the more your character profile gets messed up... check for errors just in case, I'll do some tests and let you know :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, I think I found a possible cause for the sos waypoint not getting saved, try now :)

Dino

Visitor
Thx for the fast fix. It works. I dont change the UI often. I only tried it because an other player told me that he does not have this problem. Maybe i should have written that in my question, sorry.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx for the fast fix. It works. I dont change the UI often. I only tried it because an other player told me that he does not have this problem. Maybe i should have written that in my question, sorry.
np, the important thing is that is fixed :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco I have a request. I currently have a macro to heal (bandage) injured party members:
Heal Macro.jpg

I would like to make it for healing non-party members, but the Target Severely Injured Mobile (circled in Red above) targets the mob we are fighting and of course I don't want to hear that lol. Is there a way to modify it (or add) Target Severely Injured Friendly Mobile? Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco I have a request. I currently have a macro to heal (bandage) injured party members:
View attachment 99691

I would like to make it for healing non-party members, but the Target Severely Injured Mobile (circled in Red above) targets the mob we are fighting and of course I don't want to hear that lol. Is there a way to modify it (or add) Target Severely Injured Friendly Mobile? Thanks
mmm I think that adding a way to select the notoriety in the action itself might be more useful (and more customizable) in the long run...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco works for me. Anyway you can do it would be great. Right now I just use the target Injured Party and if no one in the party is injured I get the target cursor.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco works for me. Anyway you can do it would be great. Right now I just use the target Injured Party and if no one in the party is injured I get the target cursor.
now the action has the "filters" option where you can pick the notoriety to use. This settings is per slot, so each instance of this action will have different settings.
Just be careful because neutral animals and summons can still be picked unless you disable them from the user settings.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco works great. Thanks so much :)
I think this concept can be expanded to smart next and nearest and I can add the option to filter neutrals, summons, bosses, players and other players pet to the list, making the actions completely indipendent from the healthbars system and from each instance (so you can use the same action for different stuff) :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, I've done it! :D
Now the smart next/nearest and injured mobile, uses their own custom filters (every instance of those actions have indipendent filters), so now you can do a lot more stuff with that :)
The filters in the user settings are now only for the overhead healthbars (if you have them enabled).

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish I understood all these settings for mobiles, friends etc. I still hit my guildmates Colossus and EV's. Isn't there any way I can stop this?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish I understood all these settings for mobiles, friends etc. I still hit my guildmates Colossus and EV's. Isn't there any way I can stop this?
if you use the smart next/nearest now you should be able to set the filters correctly (by right-clicking the action itself). But it's quite possible that the client fail to detect a summon since with all the bugs there are, is a miracle the client is playable at all :lol:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since we're speaking about targeting for healing... what about a filter to target poisoned mobiles? :p
like smart next (poisoned only in filters)

and what about a filter to ignore mortal striked people?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that with the tmap change the whole system is not working properly anymore, so I'm going to rework that system.
Here is the plan:
- Show the facet location of the treasure on the map
- The facet name will be a button, and if you click it you'll get the "where to dig" cursor
- Right click the facet name to get the map current target
- If the facet name button is disabled, the map is completed
- I'm going to remove the map scaling and replace it with a zoom button that allows you to scale the map without making the window huge
- Possibly an option to replace the "x" with 2 lines to pin-point the location more precisely

If you have other ideas let me know :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, now you'll have by default this as marker for the treasure location (and only for treasures):
upload_2019-7-13_23-52-44.png
If you want the X, you can disable the lines from the user settings :)

And you can also use the mouse wheel (or the +/- buttons on the top-right) to zoom the map instead of the whole window. You'll go from the normal view (that you can see in the picture above), to the following level:
upload_2019-7-13_23-55-53.png

You can still use the scale mode on the map borders if you want an even bigger view :D

The zoom is only available for the treasure map, NOT the ship course maps.

In addition to this, the map name in the bottom is clickable:
- Left click gives you the cursor to dig where you want, or you can enable (from the user settings) the option to dig at your position, so you don't have to click anything else.
- Right click target the map in your backpack (in case you have the shovel in your hotbar and you want a quick way to target it).

The course map for the ships should also work better, you can click the map to place the waypoints and drag them around to correct the position (dragging them out of the map will delete them).

Let me know if you get any problem :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since this change all my grid containers are black blank nothing in them for me to see but others have.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having the same issue on all containers except my backpack when in Grid Mode & the Item Sort is active. List view also doesn't work, just the legacy view does.
14-07-2019 00-20-14 <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:4136: attempt to index field 'TreasureMaps' (a nil value)
14-07-2019 00-17-39 Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.ToggleView]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:4136: attempt to index field 'TreasureMaps' (a nil value)
14-07-2019 00-09-56 Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.ToggleView]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/ItemPropertiesInfo.lua"]:2836: attempt to index field 'TreasureMaps' (a nil value)
14-07-2019 00-09-41 Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.UpdateContainerTimer]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/ItemPropertiesInfo.lua"]:2836: attempt to index field 'TreasureMaps' (a nil value)
14-07-2019 00-06-28 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MapWindowBig does not exist

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW I do love the changes to the map. Just did one and love the zoom in and out without the map taking up the whole screen. Also like the clicking on the facet to get the target cursor. Haven't tried the option to dig where I stand yet, but will tomorrow. Midnight here and time for bed. Thanks for the great work :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are you getting any error?
These are all from today I think, no idea which one pertains to the pack prob.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSound.log' because it is being used by another process.

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:4136: attempt to index field 'TreasureMaps' (a nil value)

Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.ToggleView]:

Script Call failed - Error while calling [PaperdollWindow.OnPaperdollTextureMouseOver]:
Invalid Parameter passed to 'error()'

Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.UpdateContainerTimer]:

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Interface.lua"]:6320: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.Initialize]:

Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~

<string>: NO PLAYER ID!!!

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\33712473_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\6100473_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\Volume.log' because it is being used by another process.

Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string a

<wstring>: NO HUE DATA!!! (0) bane chosen guard

Script Call failed - Error while calling [Hotbar.ItemRButtonUp]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:2010: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (wstring expected, got string)

Script Call failed - Error while calling [MacroEditWindow.MacroActionRButtonUp]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:2010: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (wstring expected, got string)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's some more errors:

Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.UpdateContainerTimer]:

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Interface.lua"]:6320: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Script Call failed - Error while calling [WindowUtils.Scale]:

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSound.log' because it is being used by another process.

[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:4136: attempt to index field 'TreasureMaps' (a nil value)

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:4136: attempt to index field 'TreasureMaps' (a nil value)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
MOBs on treasure hunts appear blank when in grid mode. If I switch the MOB corpse to classic mode I can see the gold and look, but I can't right-click to loot. I have to drag the gold manually to my backpack.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having the same issue on all containers except my backpack when in Grid Mode & the Item Sort is active. List view also doesn't work, just the legacy view does.
14-07-2019 00-20-14 <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:4136: attempt to index field 'TreasureMaps' (a nil value)
14-07-2019 00-17-39 Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.ToggleView]:
14-07-2019 00-09-56 Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.ToggleView]:
14-07-2019 00-09-41 Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.UpdateContainerTimer]:
14-07-2019 00-06-28 Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MapWindowBig does not exist
Here's some more errors:

Script Call failed - Error while calling [WindowUtils.Scale]:

MOBs on treasure hunts appear blank when in grid mode. If I switch the MOB corpse to classic mode I can see the gold and look, but I can't right-click to loot. I have to drag the gold manually to my backpack.
The problem with the containers should be fixed now :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
next idea is to color the map to easily recognize the facet, and make the map a bit transparent if it's completed.
The colors I have in mind are:
- Felucca: blood red
- Trammel: light blue
- Ilshenar: ranger green
- Malas: ninja black
- Tokuno: pretty pink
- Ter-mur: violet courage purple
- Eodon: yew wood

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And it's ready :D

Ok, now you're going to see something like this in the containers:
upload_2019-7-14_18-54-59.png

In list view you'll see the map type and level and [Not Decoded] if you haven't decoded it yet.
In grid view, you'll see the level and ND if the map has not been decoded yet

and the colors are:
- Felucca: blood red
- Trammel: light blue
- Ilshenar: ranger green
- Malas: ninja black
- Tokuno: pretty pink
- Ter-mur: violet courage purple
- Eodon: yew wood

Completed maps will have no colors in both grid and list. In grid view they won't show the level either if they are completed, while in list view, they'll show "Completed" instead of the map name.

The treasure map itself now also show the map type on top (ex. Mage's Stash), in case you forget what the map was :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinco,

Can you make suppress the taming mastery barks? They are said by the player for all to see, even though they have no need be (and thus are just spam).

They are:

"You guide your pet's behaviors, enhancing its skill gains!"

"You ready your pet for combat, increasing its battle effectiveness!"

I'd suggest letting the tamer who said it see the text, but not everyone else.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco,

Can you make suppress the taming mastery barks? They are said by the player for all to see, even though they have no need be (and thus are just spam).

They are:

"You guide your pet's behaviors, enhancing its skill gains!"

"You ready your pet for combat, increasing its battle effectiveness!"

I'd suggest letting the tamer who said it see the text, but not everyone else.
try like this, they won't show overhead at least :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking about the game map, as it is now it doesn't feel very good tbh...
So here is what I think it should be:
- Map toggle action:
- Add an option to the action that allows to swtitch between map on and off and map big and small, so you can have 2 buttons to do that (or just 1 if you want the map always on)​
- Split the features between mini map and atlas:
- The minimap will always follow the player and be stripped by most of the buttons, so you can just check the coordinates and zoom (since it's too small to do anything anyway).
- The atlas will carry all the other features to search around, create/delete/edit waypoints, etc...​
- I think that it could also be useful a way to toggle certain waypoints.
- I think I've found a way to draw the server lines too

Anyway before starting this I'll need some feedbacks or I won't even start... I don't want to end up like for the healthbars where everyone had something against it...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, I use the mini map to create waypoints since I always have it up. I just name the WP and put in the Long/Lat for it. I also use it to switch facets when adding the waypoints. I don't think I'd have any issue just doing that on the big map tho :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, I use the mini map to create waypoints since I always have it up. I just name the WP and put in the Long/Lat for it. I also use it to switch facets when adding the waypoints. I don't think I'd have any issue just doing that on the big map tho :)
a button to add a waypoint can be available on the minimap even if you can't see it :D

Here is a radical idea for the minimap:
Instead of having a toggle for the map, I was thinking about a map anchored to the top-right of the game area (without borders so it won't take much space), with a handle on the botton that works like a curtain. If you click the handle the map closes upwards and only the handle remains (to re-open it). Maybe even an option to auto-close it when you are in combat...
This way the map action will be just to open/close the big map.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds great to me, but hard to imagine until we see it. I sure like what you've done so far, I hated that GIANT map to find the exact chest spot.
I have to say though, I'm not fond of "anchored" stuff over the game window. I use that upper right hand corner for lifebars and the new lifebar system takes so much space anyhow. Just let it be movable if you can?
But the recent stuff you've done has been terrific!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds great to me, but hard to imagine until we see it. I sure like what you've done so far, I hated that GIANT map to find the exact chest spot.
I have to say though, I'm not fond of "anchored" stuff over the game window. I use that upper right hand corner for lifebars and the new lifebar system takes so much space anyhow. Just let it be movable if you can?
But the recent stuff you've done has been terrific!
I ment top-right outside (where is placed by default), but is probably better to do something like what certain gumps do on cc, where the parchment just get rolled on the corner and then you can move it around... :D
Maybe I could even remove the compass and add it to the map somehow so it's one less gump to have around :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was digging chests a bit ago and noticed that the small map didn't enlarge to the same size as the TMap. Makes it a bit hard for me, old eyes ain't what they used to be.

Edit: It's working fine now!!

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I like the big tmap, but I'm having difficulties dragging it out of the way when it's time to dig.