• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone been successful with the healthbars at Travesty?

Our guild hunt today was Travesty and it was a mess for healthbars.
Is there a secret to setting them so that they show up?

I do one with guild and we go back to do another (we usually do 5 or so in a row) and NO Travesty morph bars, none, and the control/shift bars are bouncing around so bad no way I can use them. Even completely logging out of the game between instances does not fix it.

Oh and you have to set your targets so that you can kill blues cause that's evidently what her aliases are, other wise you cannot even target them.

Totally frustrating.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pin hers as soon as we go in and haven't had a problem. Last time I did it was about a month or so ago.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco a few weeks ago I asked about changing the text color of the Runic Atlas but indicated it couldn't be done, yet you do change it. Here's a pic of the same Runic Atlas in both Pinco's and the Default:
upload_2019-5-12_12-44-45.png
Pinco's on Left and Default EC on the right. As you can see the default is a lot easier to read, so can you change it back? Thanks

Attachments

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco a few weeks ago I asked about changing the text color of the Runic Atlas but indicated it couldn't be done, yet you do change it. Here's a pic of the same Runic Atlas in both Pinco's and the Default:
View attachment 97747
Pinco's on Left and Default EC on the right. As you can see the default is a lot easier to read, so can you change it back? Thanks
if you want to keep the functions (not included on default) in the new runebook I can't change it back.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco not sure if this is something with your UI or the UO client in general but as a Governor I'm having an issue seeing the information on the stone:
upload_2019-5-14_11-35-21.png

On the right is what I "should" see when I hover over the town stone... This flashes on the screen for about a millisecond and then is gone... and what I see is the image on the right most of the time. I can't seem to find the "sweet spot" for seeing what I need to see... and can only read the stone information for about a millisecond... I have to actually take a screenshot of the screen to read what the balance of the treasury is. Not sure what exactly is going on but it's extremely frustrating.

After going to the Default UI I can say it is clearly a problem with your UI... when I hover over the stone in the default I see things just fine... your UI seems to be putting the two together for some reason... when I hover over the stone I get NOTHING ... somewhere in between the stone and the Herald I get some combo of the two but only for a millisecond and then it's just the Herald...

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is how I see it in the default client:

upload_2019-5-14_11-47-8.png

Clearly, I can select both of the items separately... but for some reason, I can't at all using your UI.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is how I see it in the default client:

View attachment 97780

Clearly, I can select both of the items separately... but for some reason, I can't at all using your UI.
check for errors, maybe there is a clue there....

The problem might be related to the reset that sometime fails when moving between 2 world objects too fast... basically it loads the ID of the second object with the properties of the first one. Just move the mouse from the object to nothing to the other object and it will show the right stuff :D

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No the stone will not show anything at all at any time but if I move towards the Herald then it takes on both properties.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco I found the problem... it's the CoT... with that on I can't see the town stone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Pinco! Tritans are hideously ugly but useful.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there still no setting or any possible way to stop shooting Rising Colossus and EV's from friends/parties?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there still no setting or any possible way to stop shooting Rising Colossus and EV's from friends/parties?
There is no way to determine the owner of a pet/summon, is not like they are doing anything new to the client... what's broken is still broken and I doubt they'll ever add new features (or fix the current problems)...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no way to determine the owner of a pet/summon, is not like they are doing anything new to the client... what's broken is still broken and I doubt they'll ever add new features (or fix the current problems)...
Thank you for checking --- again. I know it's not your fault but just thought I'd ask again.
It's just a horrible annoying action to hit your friends and party summons and say "Sorry - again".
I suppose it's been turned into the "bug report" area many times but I'm gonna do it again.
Note all the "agains", it seems the game is full of that word anymore, bug fixes that never get fixed and grinding grinding grinding.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco thanks for letting me know about the Runic Atlas. I think most people would want you to keep the functionality changes you made to it. I just zoom in on them now to fill the whole screen to read them lol

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new pet rating system does not seem to work for the pets that have been tamed, including Tritons (that are never wild). Is that intentional?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where does the Khaelor rating show on the animal lore page? I can't find it.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinco having a little problem Loring pets in magincia stables... Only way I can lore is the view pet and wait till it disappears then hit lore from vendor... Also if you lore a frost mite then a cold Drake it thinks the drake is a mite... Love the new rating system though! Saves so much time getting the intensity

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, I saw that, I was looking for the 1 to 100 rating but I guess that's not on there huh?
Move the mouse over the stars for details...

Pinco having a little problem Loring pets in magincia stables... Only way I can lore is the view pet and wait till it disappears then hit lore from vendor... Also if you lore a frost mite then a cold Drake it thinks the drake is a mite... Love the new rating system though! Saves so much time getting the intensity

If the pet is immortal, that could be the problem, the target protection system prevents that, I'll see if there is a way around...
About the drake and mite I need to check out why :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

try now, the targeting will surely work, the loring of invulnerable pets at magincia it could still have some issues, just let me know if you find any :D

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
try now, the targeting will surely work, the loring of invulnerable pets at magincia it could still have some issues, just let me know if you find any :D
Will do! Thank you for your awesome work for the EC !

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinco you can now lore pets in magincia but sometimes pets have no ratings and they show as 0 pet slots... Even pets in my stables

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco you can now lore pets in magincia but sometimes pets have no ratings and they show as 0 pet slots... Even pets in my stables

ok, the pet slots now should work again.
About the rating not showing: Khyro said that his rating system doesn't work on trained pets so I had to enable it only on wild and freshly tamed creatures...

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Looks like the issue with Magincia Stable Vendors is when you are trying to lore the pet using the "lore" button on the vendor. The type shows up as Unknown, so it doesn't know which base pet to derive the rating from:

upload_2019-5-19_9-10-9.png

However, if you "View" the pet and lore it in the stables, it rates correctly:

upload_2019-5-19_9-10-53.png

Also as Pinco said, the rating in the UI will only on untrained pets. It gets a lot more complex to rate a trained pet (there is info that can't be derived from the lore screen, such as points remaining and if the pet is a legacy, etc.), so I would suggest to use the website for that still.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like the issue with Magincia Stable Vendors is when you are trying to lore the pet using the "lore" button on the vendor. The type shows up as Unknown, so it doesn't know which base pet to derive the rating from:

View attachment 97934

View attachment 97935

Also as Pinco said, the rating in the UI will only on untrained pets. It gets a lot more complex to rate a trained pet (there is info that can't be derived from the lore screen, such as points remaining and if the pet is a legacy, etc.), so I would suggest to use the website for that still.
that can't be fixed because the only way to determine what type of pet you are looking at is by checking the body id... no body no id...

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you pinco and khyro for all your hard work!

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

View attachment 97934

View attachment 97935

ok, I managed to get the pet type from the vendor gump so at least the creature type is correctly recognized (even if the color will be 0) :D

The saber-toothed tigers now are correctly rated too.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since I was there I've also fixed the cap for stats and skills for tamed creatures. Now you'll see the real cap after being reduced to 90% for skills and the halved stats (for the pet that has half stats after tame). :)

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
since I was there I've also fixed the cap for stats and skills for tamed creatures. Now you'll see the real cap after being reduced to 90% for skills and the halved stats (for the pet that has half stats after tame). :)
Your awesome!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco is there any way to copy Waypoints from one char/acct on one shard to another on a different shard? Specifically from a Prod shard to TC. My t-hunter has Waypoints in Tram & Fel to all the runes I marked in his t-hunter rune books (60 or so on each of the facets). Thanks

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check for errors, there must be an error somewhere...
<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:4192: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'imbue' (a nil value)

This is the only error I see relating to animal lore.

This is all the errors for today back to the 29th:

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:4192: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'imbue' (a nil value)

Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~

<string>: NO PLAYER ID!!!

Error in function call 'WindowRegisterCoreEventHandler': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonTwoButton does not exist

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/QueryWindow/QueryWindow.lua"]:92: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'y' (a nil value)

Error in function call 'WindowGetDimensions': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowText does not exist

Error in function call 'WindowRegisterCoreEventHandler': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonOneButton does not exist

Error in function call 'ButtonSetStayDownFlag': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonTwoButton does not exist

Error in function call 'ButtonSetStayDownFlag': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonOneButton does not exist

Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonOneLabel does not exist

Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonTwoLabel does not exist

Error in function call 'WindowClearAnchors': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindow does not exist

Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowText does not exist

Error in function call 'WindowSetDimensions': Window MainQueryWindow does not exist

ERROR: Unable to create window: ScannedLegacyMacrosWindow, parent window MainQueryWindow is invalid

Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MapWindowBig does not exist

Script Call failed - Error while calling [AnimalLore.RatingTooltip]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:3002: attempt to index field 'Total' (a nil value)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco is there any way to copy Waypoints from one char/acct on one shard to another on a different shard? Specifically from a Prod shard to TC. My t-hunter has Waypoints in Tram & Fel to all the runes I marked in his t-hunter rune books (60 or so on each of the facets). Thanks
the waypoints are saved in global variables and you can try to copy the one of the character you need if you can find the right one in there :D

This is the only error I see relating to animal lore.

This is all the errors for today back to the 29th:

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~

<string>: NO PLAYER ID!!!

Error in function call 'WindowRegisterCoreEventHandler': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonTwoButton does not exist

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/QueryWindow/QueryWindow.lua"]:92: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'y' (a nil value)

Error in function call 'WindowGetDimensions': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowText does not exist

Error in function call 'WindowRegisterCoreEventHandler': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonOneButton does not exist

Error in function call 'ButtonSetStayDownFlag': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonTwoButton does not exist

Error in function call 'ButtonSetStayDownFlag': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonOneButton does not exist

Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonOneLabel does not exist

Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowButtonTwoLabel does not exist

Error in function call 'WindowClearAnchors': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindow does not exist

Error in function call 'LabelSetText': Window ScannedLegacyMacrosWindowText does not exist

Error in function call 'WindowSetDimensions': Window MainQueryWindow does not exist

ERROR: Unable to create window: ScannedLegacyMacrosWindow, parent window MainQueryWindow is invalid

Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MapWindowBig does not exist

[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:3002: attempt to index field 'Total' (a nil value)
it seems one of your advancements is an ability not weighted in khyro's rating system.... what do you have in advancements exactly?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found the waypoint data but couldn't figure out how to modify it for the right shard. Looks like test is #54 but after several attempts the waypoints didn't show up and one time I lost the ones on Legends (#14?). Fortunately I backed it up before doing anything.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found the waypoint data but couldn't figure out how to modify it for the right shard. Looks like test is #54 but after several attempts the waypoints didn't show up and one time I lost the ones on Legends (#14?). Fortunately I backed it up before doing anything.
maybe just change the shard id when you need the waypoints then change it back :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, that pet has this for abilities:

Chivalry
Armor Ignore
Mortal Strike
Conductive Blast
Healing (Native)

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:4197: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'imbue' (a nil value)

Last edited: