• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
No reports for that problem... have you checked for errors? Also make sure the variables folder is not too big.
I deleted the variable folders. :/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
No errors, and I deleted the variables folder. :/ The sluggishness returns after about 5 minutes.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I deleted the variable folders. :/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
if you delete the variable folders you lose several settings (including stuff like the finders keepers), so you should not do that unless there is a problem.

No errors, and I deleted the variables folder. :/ The sluggishness returns after about 5 minutes.
if the errors log is empty, it can be literally anything, do you have active quests or something maybe?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
"The Great Ape" quest. I'll go ahead and resign.

I died on a t-hunt due to the sluggishness. (I didn't realize I was dead). After, I got numerous "You cannot do that while you are dead" in the journal. But no errors.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The Great Ape" quest. I'll go ahead and resign.

I died on a t-hunt due to the sluggishness. (I didn't realize I was dead). After, I got numerous "You cannot do that while you are dead" in the journal. But no errors.
have you tried with a clean profile? it's possible that something got scrambled somewhere...

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Got these errors -

2-12-2018 17-19-51 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 17-16-31 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSound.log' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 17-15-23 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 17-8-15 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playermod.txt' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 17-8-14 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\23503564_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 17-5-58 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\7387004_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 10-5-57 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\14027750_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got these errors -

2-12-2018 17-19-51 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 17-16-31 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSound.log' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 17-15-23 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 17-8-15 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playermod.txt' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 17-8-14 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\23503564_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 17-5-58 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\7387004_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.
2-12-2018 10-5-57 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\14027750_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.
Nothing here...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco There is another message that you can get when Krampus spawns, could you add this to the center screen alert?

*You sense Krampus has been spotted near ~2_where~ at ~1_coords~!*

Edit: Could the center screen stuff also trigger a sound file?

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco There is another message that you can get when Krampus spawns, could you add this to the center screen alert?

*You sense Krampus has been spotted near ~2_where~ at ~1_coords~!*

Edit: Could the center screen stuff also trigger a sound file?
it can play a sound file, but it would be better to use a sound that is already inside the game so it wouldn't require additional files :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, I cannot delete a skill off a full stoneston. Tried on Green and Blue ones. Added Med to it and went to delete it, typed DELETE and hit OK but nothing happens. Same with Focus.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will you be able to add the new Krampus event Cold Drake to the pet names list?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bad, it's officially called a Frost Drake and you will have to get somebody with much more taming knowledge to get other answers. I'm afraid if I answer it will be wrong.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, I'm a novice. Is that "Type ID"? If so,
upload_2018-12-29_11-38-39.png

upload_2018-12-29_11-39-42.png

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a friend that just started using the EC and I got him to download Pinco's, but he is having an odd problem. The initial UI spash image won't go away.

This sometimes happens when I log in as well, but none of the things I do to make it go away work for him. (and no error messages)

Could you force the spash screen to go away after 10 secs?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a friend that just started using the EC and I got him to download Pinco's, but he is having an odd problem. The initial UI spash image won't go away.

This sometimes happens when I log in as well, but none of the things I do to make it go away work for him. (and no error messages)

Could you force the spash screen to go away after 10 secs?
If it doesn't disappear it's because there is a problem of read/write on the game folder or EC playsound is not active...
You need to check the folder privileges and also make sure the antivirus, Windows Defender, etc... are not scanning the folder, EC playsound, or the game itself. Make sure all the above are ignored to be sure...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Notice that the banker and Pinco don't agree on how many items are in the bank.

Screenshot (145).png

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got my thunter out of hibernation and I seem to have a problem.
When I dug chests before, I right clicked the shovel to store target and targeted the map I would be digging.
Then I used a macro button to dig around the location several times.
Now it does not give me an option for the "store target" and I have to target the map and dig from the map.
Did something change or am I just remembering wrong and doing incorrectly?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got my thunter out of hibernation and I seem to have a problem.
When I dug chests before, I right clicked the shovel to store target and targeted the map I would be digging.
Then I used a macro button to dig around the location several times.
Now it does not give me an option for the "store target" and I have to target the map and dig from the map.
Did something change or am I just remembering wrong and doing incorrectly?
it works fine for me... make sure the shovel is in the hotbar or a macro because in the backpack there is no target type :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it works fine for me... make sure the shovel is in the hotbar or a macro because in the backpack there is no target type :p
Bingo, been a while and my shovel icon was gone so I was trying to do it from the actual item in my backpack.
Dragged it into an icon and set my old hot key again and it was good to go, thanks Pinco!!

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hiya

Unable to access the store via game :(

Clicking anything freezes UO
TY

Error in function call 'WindowSetShowing': Window GenericGump14 is currently locked and may not be modified from lua. This window, or one of its relatives has a registered GameAction.

Error in function call 'WindowSetShowing': Window GenericGump102 is currently locked and may not be modified from lua. This window, or one of its relatives has a registered GameAction.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSound.log' because it is being used by another process.

<wstring>: NO HUE DATA!!! (33943) swamp dragon

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\Volume.log' because it is being used by another process.

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:705: attempt to compare nil with number

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:2300: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (wstring expected, got string)

Invalid Parameters to: StatusBarSetMaximumValue(string, number) -> (string="AnimalLoreHitPointsBar", nil="NIL")

Invalid Parameters to: StatusBarSetCurrentValue(string, number) -> (string="AnimalLoreHitPointsBar", nil="NIL")

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playermod.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.UpdateContainerTimer]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:3429: attempt to compare number with nil

Invalid Parameters to: ButtonSetPressedFlag(string, boolean) -> (string="OrganizerWindowCloseContainerButton", nil="NIL")

Invalid Parameters to: ComboBoxSetSelectedMenuItem(string, number) -> (string="SettingsListIntensInfoColorCombo", nil="NIL")

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/ItemProperties/ItemProperties.lua"]:7064: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'r' (a nil value)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya

Unable to access the store via game :(

Clicking anything freezes UO
TY

Error in function call 'WindowSetShowing': Window GenericGump14 is currently locked and may not be modified from lua. This window, or one of its relatives has a registered GameAction.

Error in function call 'WindowSetShowing': Window GenericGump102 is currently locked and may not be modified from lua. This window, or one of its relatives has a registered GameAction.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSoundConfirm.txt' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSound.log' because it is being used by another process.

<wstring>: NO HUE DATA!!! (33943) swamp dragon

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\Volume.log' because it is being used by another process.

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:705: attempt to compare nil with number

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:2300: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (wstring expected, got string)

Invalid Parameters to: StatusBarSetMaximumValue(string, number) -> (string="AnimalLoreHitPointsBar", nil="NIL")

Invalid Parameters to: StatusBarSetCurrentValue(string, number) -> (string="AnimalLoreHitPointsBar", nil="NIL")

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playermod.txt' because it is being used by another process.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [ContainerWindow.UpdateContainerTimer]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:3429: attempt to compare number with nil

Invalid Parameters to: ButtonSetPressedFlag(string, boolean) -> (string="OrganizerWindowCloseContainerButton", nil="NIL")

Invalid Parameters to: ComboBoxSetSelectedMenuItem(string, number) -> (string="SettingsListIntensInfoColorCombo", nil="NIL")

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/ItemProperties/ItemProperties.lua"]:7064: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'r' (a nil value)
that's not an UI problem, probably one of your game files is damaged, run the file check with the game patcher...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone came up with a make repair deed macro that will help us make tons of repair contracts when we get the new repair tables?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cannon macros will need to be reworked to use the new menu.

Also, the main mast of HS ships now shows the vessel's health (cannot currently pull a health bar from it though). On Britannian ships, it is the foremast.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Also, the main mast of HS ships now shows the vessel's health (cannot currently pull a health bar from it though). On Britannian ships, it is the foremast.
Really don't need a cannon macro, only 2 buttons to push - PREP & FIRE - and has the "magazine" which holds your cannon shooting supplies so you don't have to have them on you.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's going to be very hard to fix since they removed the portal to get rid of the EJ restrictions on TC :(
I'll write that down and when I have enough stuff I'll pay 1 month....

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's going to be very hard to fix since they removed the portal to get rid of the EJ restrictions on TC :(
I'll write that down and when I have enough stuff I'll pay 1 month....
The gates to add and remove EJ restrictions are in the southern end of the Britan Commons.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've tested the cannons, I don't really see what macro you want to make since now is just a 2 buttons thing :D
Also I don't see the health in the mast, only in the pilot properties as usual....

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to have two recall buttons on my toolbar. One for recalling off random runes, and another one with a stored target (a runebook) for escape. Since last summers changes, it is no longer possible to have 2 actions of the same type on the toolbar. I tried to create an escape macro as a work around - Recall, WaitForTarg, Cursor Target Stored ->runebook. But that macro does not seem to work. I get "I cannot recall from that object" even though creating a toolbar button with this runebook as a stored target works just fine.
If you are not planning to remove the "two of a kind" limitation, can you recommend a work around?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to have two recall buttons on my toolbar. One for recalling off random runes, and another one with a stored target (a runebook) for escape. Since last summers changes, it is no longer possible to have 2 actions of the same type on the toolbar. I tried to create an escape macro as a work around - Recall, WaitForTarg, Cursor Target Stored ->runebook. But that macro does not seem to work. I get "I cannot recall from that object" even though creating a toolbar button with this runebook as a stored target works just fine.
If you are not planning to remove the "two of a kind" limitation, can you recommend a work around?
You don't need to use wait for target etc... just do the same you do in the hotbar for the macro and use target stored :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am enjoying and very grateful for the new (ish) Soul Stone gumps. Have not lost a skill since then. However I am encountering a sporadic annoying bug. About one time out of 5 when I try to store a skill on an empty soulstone, nothing happens when I click the button. Moving a soulstone to a different container helps sometimes. Switching to default UI always work. The only errors that are close to the time of the occurrence are:

7-3-2019 13-15-35 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.

7-3-2019 13-12-36 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\7011597_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.

I multibox, so I suspect this might be the source of the errors.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am enjoying and very grateful for the new (ish) Soul Stone gumps. Have not lost a skill since then. However I am encountering a sporadic annoying bug. About one time out of 5 when I try to store a skill on an empty soulstone, nothing happens when I click the button. Moving a soulstone to a different container helps sometimes. Switching to default UI always work. The only errors that are close to the time of the occurrence are:

7-3-2019 13-15-35 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.

7-3-2019 13-12-36 RROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\7011597_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.

I multibox, so I suspect this might be the source of the errors.
No, that has nothing to do with that... the problem is the old gump behind that has a different message and buttons in some case, but without knowing what it is, and without being able to test it, I have no way of fixing the problem :/

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having a problem where items don't light up yellow with cursor over and I can't click them . I have this problem on multiple chars and multiple accounts and it's spasmodic, not every time. Right now I am refreshing our boat armada some of the mooring lines are not lighting up and neither are the ship pilots so that I can refresh the ships.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
possibly, but I need to find out what cause this mysterious message to appear first :/
Let me know and I'll port a token over.

Oh, the center screen warning when you get calmed nolonger shows up :(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinco, could you please create an action that closes all open gumps?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having a problem where items don't light up yellow with cursor over and I can't click them . I have this problem on multiple chars and multiple accounts and it's spasmodic, not every time. Right now I am refreshing our boat armada some of the mooring lines are not lighting up and neither are the ship pilots so that I can refresh the ships.
this is a client problem, the UI doesn't handle the highlight of ground items.

Let me know and I'll port a token over.

Oh, the center screen warning when you get calmed nolonger shows up :(
maybe the message is changed or there is a secondary message?

Pinco, could you please create an action that closes all open gumps?
this cannot be done properly at the moment (the gump array is still insanely bugged), an action like that will end up doing more harm than good...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever happened to the mount/dismount icon we had when you first did the "Followers" healthbar? I liked that but it seemed to be touchy and disappeared regularly but sure would be nice to have it back again.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever happened to the mount/dismount icon we had when you first did the "Followers" healthbar? I liked that but it seemed to be touchy and disappeared regularly but sure would be nice to have it back again.
There is no action for that, just set the hotkey from the mount list on the main menu (if you unbinded it) :p

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, that has nothing to do with that... the problem is the old gump behind that has a different message and buttons in some case, but without knowing what it is, and without being able to test it, I have no way of fixing the problem :/
Is it possible to get a toggle to turn off a new gump temporarily when that happens? Or maybe I could get you a SS token on test to see if you can duplicate it?

Last edited: