• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Last Poster Wins! (a.k.a. - Threadzilla!)

O

Orion Pax LA

Actually I believe Hyjinx is on another shard and just pops over here from time to time.

O

Orion Pax LA

<font color="purple">Yep, I'm bored. Had to reinstall 9th anniv since I manage to let my first virus kill my laptop. (First virus for the 20 years I've been on puters) This one managed to take advantage of somthing I simply overlooked. I didn't have my antivirus prog locked down with a pass so it manages to turn my antivirus off and reconfigure windows to were you can't log off or turn the puter off. Then it either manages to replicate itself into my restore drive or it let some friends in there. So I couldn't restore windows back to being able to let me turn off my puter. Well, I wind up having to lose all my stuff (few thousand illegally downloaded songs lol) when I reinstall my operating system. I just happend to get lucky and still had my UO disc laying around the house. I definitly was not about to download it like I did KR. Having to sign up to a few websites and give them my email address just so I can spend a couple of days downloading it. Well at least I'm not worried about redownloading KR. It was so slow on my highspeed low drag laptop that a supercomputer on the state of the art defense network would still be slower than a turtle with 4 broke legs and blisters on his feet. Well I guess I'm gonna go watch Transformers the movie while I wait and wait for my patches to download, grrrrrrrr. Word of advice, password lock your antivirus software. If you don't have any goto Avast.com for a really good "free" one. This one is actually really free. And I think its better than Macafee and Norton put together though I could prolly get somebody to debate me on that. Laterz. </font>

I

imported_lindylou

<blockquote><hr>

If you don't have any goto Avast.com for a really good "free" one. This one is actually really free. And I think its better than Macafee and Norton put together though I could prolly get somebody to debate me on that.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm really sorry for your troubles with the virus. I won't debate you about Avast. I use it and love it.

Greer

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My "good" computer started acting up last week. Kept shutting down.
I opened it up to find lots and lots of dust inside. I cleaned it out and put it back together. Now it works again.

While my "good" computer was down, I hooked up an old, old computer. It works pretty good but sounds like an angry pack of Beavers. I think the hard drive might be making the sound. This make sense to any1? I don't realy know anything about computers but find it kind of fun to try to fix mine.

O

Orion Pax LA

Greer, that angry pack of beavers you hear is more than likely your processor fan. My "old computer" has a processor fan that sound like one of those old box fans turned on high. I've actually never heard of a harddrive actually making noise but I can't say that it cannot happen. Thanks Lindy for the vote of confidence lol. My laptop actually "feels" better now. Feel is bout the only way I can explain it. I guess runs faster and smoother.

I

imported_lindylou

I had fan problems too and they make a horrid sound sometimes. Sounds kinda like it's the harddrive with grinding noise.

This forum sure has slowwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeedddddddd down!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...must be time to do some table dances

I

imported_lindylou

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...must be time to do some table dances

[/ QUOTE ]*gets dollars ready for Ziggy's dancing!*

I

imported_raider red

<blockquote><hr>

heh...I didn't mean *I* was going to dance

[/ QUOTE ]

awe heck..........I guess I will table dance for all the rich and beautiful single ladies then hehe.well heck even the married ones too.(I need a date really bad)

C

Chango Pelon

I already won the inerweb thing after I figured out how to use the google.

O

Orion Pax LA

Yeah, I heard about that there inerweb thing. I hear they have it on them there computers now.

O

Orion Pax LA

<font color="blue"> Somebody may want to look into whether this is a record or something. Does any of the other shards have a thread this long. This time next year if we keep this one going they will that to put this thread on a server by itself, lol. </font>

G

Nope...not a record yet.
A thread on Napa has 36,836 views, and 3773 replies....

We have a ways to go yet

A

Ava Reese

Oh heck no he didnt just call me a caveman!!!! Now your messing with Sasquatcha the Cavewomen! I am Woman, Hear me ROAR!!!!!

C

Chango Pelon

Roar = blah blah blah

I have been listening to women roar for years...

Ask Fran. I have perfected "wife mode" long ago.

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

Roar = blah blah blah

I have been listening to women roar for years...

Ask Fran. I have perfected "wife mode" long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to deny this...sadly I cannot
As long as I still get what I want... who cares if he is really listening. In fact I think I get more this way

G

Guess you still havent delevoped you Male Patern Deafness. Its much similar to Male Patern Baldness but the cuz to MPD is brought on by the onset of marriage.
Back before the invent of the Mordern day Lawyer MPD was always 100% terminal.Today with all the advancements that have been made most males have a 60% survivial rate now. Sadly though I have been exposed too long to MPD and it doesnt look good for me, I will have it for the rest of my life!!!

C

Chango Pelon

Oh I am a Jedi master of "Wife Mode." That is the PC term for "ignore the old bag."

Buahahahaha!!!

K

KingXimana

i still read stratics every days so i thought ill come here and help out

C

Chango Pelon

So, I just heated me up a hotdog to eat here at work and it fell right off the bun and onto the floor then continued to roll under our equipment truck.

So my choices are: a) Climb under the truck and retrieve my meal or b) Grab another hotdog and warm it up.

Both require a certain ammount of work, neither of which I am wanting to do.

A

Ava Reese

C) use your Jedi Mind ability to will your wife to bring you a fully cooked steak diner with all the trimmings!

O

Orion Pax LA

<font color="purple">In response to where is everybody, I asked that a long time ago. Well I can tell you where I am. I can't play UO anymore since my pc crashed and then I no longer have my 9th anniv. prog so I no longer have UO. I've tried downloading it online but everybody wants you to sign up and pay money to their site to download it and it would prolly take weeks for me on dial up. But before you think I sold everybody out to goto WoW, I actually found something else, other than WoW, covered in dust on the back of the shelf at walmart. So I guess I will be playing Star Wars Galaxies for now on. Which surprisingly plays pretty well on dial up, its just that it takes a while to load cause of the highend graphics and my low end graphics card lol. Well I hope ya'll have fun and I will miss seeing everybody that I usually don't see at 3am anyway. But I did finally run into you, T'Amon. Happy hunting everybody
. </font>

C

Chango Pelon

Now I am thirsty, so I will enjoy a nice glass of green tea. Anybody care to join me?

E

Elektra Rose

Well the Caveman is fighting the invasion......along with the everyone else who isnt tired of it yet!!!!! LOL

I

imported_Fran Fury

I am not tired of fighting...I am tired of dieing

Also my tamer is the only one of my character that is trained enough to stand a chance and she is not standing much of a chance. My once very well trained pets are now...well....needing to be retrained.

What is worse is that I have recieved nothing...nothing not even a useless cursed items so I am all for just letting the city burn and saving my gold to buy what I want.

*Edit* right after posting this I got a piece of the new daemon blood! I am happy now.