• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new anncouncement concering the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the annoucnement Here!

KYRONIX HAS ASKED FOR INPUT FOR THE NEXT EVENTS

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most of the whiners posters here do not play UO or have an account there.

Last edited:

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Please go to the official forum and provide feedback to him about upcoming events and rewards.

The thread is here: Fall Dynamic Events Discussion

Especially maybe mention that Antique is a non-starter for rewards.

Thanks.
No thanks.
I like posting here.
I'm sure he has internet access, he can come here.

My only feedback would be: stop trying to impose a requirement for city governors to hold an event while you have paid contract workers hired specifically to hold events.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix last posting was in 2017 and his last visit is blank because he hasn't been here in so long. We all know you will piss and moan when you don't get what you want because you are so childish, maybe you all should just stomp your little feet and cry some more.

Reactions: dvv

Lord Arm

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
in my opinion, we dont need to become anymore powerful at least not for awhile. i do hope they make things fair somehow between gargs and human/elf. i wont go into alot on how gargs have been screwed over because its a long list. the new earrings that have been given out is just the most recently ones.

Anon McDougle

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Any future gargoyle items should be necklace and or legs the neck spot is especially bad because tinkered items suck..

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately it doesn't matter what feedback they get, they will just do exactly what they intended to do anyway. :(
I don't think the UO Team has been creative for a long time.
At times it has appeared as if they have no ideas at all and tried farming the player base for ideas.

The ideas they choose to listen to are almost always the worst and on the rare occasion that a good one is considered, it is usually poorly implemented.

It's straight up poor decision making.
You're spot on. It doesn't matter what feedback they get, Mesanna is gonna do what she wants to do.

To put things into perspective for some people, Broadsword UO is like a free shard ran by Mesanna, except it's not free.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think the UO Team has been creative for a long time.
At times it has appeared as if they have no ideas at all and tried farming the player base for ideas.

The ideas they choose to listen to are almost always the worst and on the rare occasion that a good one is considered, it is usually poorly implemented.

It's straight up poor decision making.
You're spot on. It doesn't matter what feedback they get, Mesanna is gonna do what she wants to do.

To put things into perspective for some people, Broadsword UO is like a free shard ran by Mesanna, except it's not free.
Again, I've never played a freeshard but there are plenty of videos on YT and those guys/gals get pretty creative. It makes zero sense that they can do the things they do for free, and our Devs take months if not years to implement the simplest of changes.

John Knighthawke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Kyronix will get all of the super fan replies over on the official forums that he needs, over here he'll simply get the truth.
That's cute to say and all but in reality there's plenty of negative feedback (as in "you got this wrong") on that thread, including but not limited to most of my own post. The problem isn't the lack of such feedback on those forums, it's whether or not Kyronix chooses to listen to it. When Stratics and official forums have existed simultaneously, Stratics has always been the place to bring out the leather jackets and cigarettes, as opposed to the official forums' sports jackets and ties, but to pretend that he's getting no negativity on the official forums is just incorrect.

The problem isn't if the negative feedback is there or not, it's if he listens. And that's no less true whether it comes from here, or from the official forums.

Oh, before I forget: "Truth" and negativity aren't always the same. It kinda depends.

John Knighthawke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Again, I've never played a freeshard but there are plenty of videos on YT and those guys/gals get pretty creative. It makes zero sense that they can do the things they do for free, and our Devs take months if not years to implement the simplest of changes.

This is pretty bad but it actually makes a lot more than "zero sense." Similar things happen in other places. Everyone remember the Luke Skywalker cameo on "The Mandalorian," and how awful it was, and how there were some folks who within days of that episode airing were able to improve it a lot? Everyone remember how Skyrim mods improving the game were released within days of the actual game itself? And how, to this day, new content Skyrim continues to be released by modders that can exceed the quality of the original game?

Never underestimate our fellow nerds who have talent and dedication to do this kind of stuff.

And, even more importantly, have no profit motive to consider.

Take the Luke Skywalker cameo as an example. I've read that the most-likely explanation for how they were able to make such an awesome improvement to that scene was that they used footage of the actor from other performances to frame the CGI. Disney would've had to have paid for the rights to do that, and wouldn't have wanted to, but someone doing it for love and publicity, and potentially covered under the "parody" exceptions to the copyright laws, not profit, has fewer constraints.

Take the Skyrim mods as an example. Imagine what you can do when you use voice actors who are either volunteers or come a lot cheaper than, say, Max Von Sydow (who had an important role in the main game). Imagine what you can do when you don't have to worry about a release date looming, you can just do what you want.

And finally let us not forget just how much time the UO folks potentially have wasted on this dumb new shard thing.

So, sorry, but it actually makes considerably more than "zero sense."

It's just deplorable.

Which is a different concept.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's cute to say and all but in reality there's plenty of negative feedback (as in "you got this wrong") on that thread, including but not limited to most of my own post. The problem isn't the lack of such feedback on those forums, it's whether or not Kyronix chooses to listen to it. When Stratics and official forums have existed simultaneously, Stratics has always been the place to bring out the leather jackets and cigarettes, as opposed to the official forums' sports jackets and ties, but to pretend that he's getting no negativity on the official forums is just incorrect.

The problem isn't if the negative feedback is there or not, it's if he listens. And that's no less true whether it comes from here, or from the official forums.

Oh, before I forget: "Truth" and negativity aren't always the same. It kinda depends.
My point wasn't made..he'll get negative feedback yes, and Petra will remove it. So again, he'll get the truth here, not candy coated responses.

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
You're right, some of them are pretty creative.

When you compare a similar or lesser staffed shard, the explanation of content delivery speed and quality mostly boils down to skills/talent.
The UO Team is pretty limited when it comes to skills/talent.

What I think makes zero sense is that Mesanna could have had some of these talented individuals helping her, but she chose the complete opposite.
It's bad decision making.

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
This is pretty bad but it actually makes a lot more than "zero sense." Similar things happen in other places. Everyone remember the Luke Skywalker cameo on "The Mandalorian," and how awful it was, and how there were some folks who within days of that episode airing were able to improve it a lot? Everyone remember how Skyrim mods improving the game were released within days of the actual game itself? And how, to this day, new content Skyrim continues to be released by modders that can exceed the quality of the original game?

Never underestimate our fellow nerds who have talent and dedication to do this kind of stuff.

And, even more importantly, have no profit motive to consider.

Take the Luke Skywalker cameo as an example. I've read that the most-likely explanation for how they were able to make such an awesome improvement to that scene was that they used footage of the actor from other performances to frame the CGI. Disney would've had to have paid for the rights to do that, and wouldn't have wanted to, but someone doing it for love and publicity, and potentially covered under the "parody" exceptions to the copyright laws, not profit, has fewer constraints.

Take the Skyrim mods as an example. Imagine what you can do when you use voice actors who are either volunteers or come a lot cheaper than, say, Max Von Sydow (who had an important role in the main game). Imagine what you can do when you don't have to worry about a release date looming, you can just do what you want.

And finally let us not forget just how much time the UO folks potentially have wasted on this dumb new shard thing.

So, sorry, but it actually makes considerably more than "zero sense."

It's just deplorable.

Which is a different concept.
I strongly agree with you for the most part.

Speaking of "parody", how about that barrel throwing monkey boss in Broadsword's latest expansion.
That original content idea must have been seeded from player feedback.

As per your request, I will never forget.

13745048_316106668724048_1180140140_n.0.jpg

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I think a problem some people have when offering negative feedback is that they can’t word their responses constructively or respectively. It’s often really emotion based and reactionary, which is unfortunate.
I may be guilty at times of not wording my responses constructively or respectfully.

After attempting to word my responses constructively and respectfully so many times, I have found that it does not work.

I'm glad we live in a world with alternatives.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Awards
Some of us make a point of being polite, it doesn't make any difference. I won't forget the 'T-hunt revamp discussion' where the 'cheerleaders' were acknowledged and included over and over and the rest of us, no matter how polite in our begging, were totally ignored. As I said before, he had already decided on what he was going to do and he just wanted some group of people to validate it, nobody else's opinion was heard or mattered. So going forward if you are not part of that group of enablers your opinion is irrelevant.

@John Knighthawke I agree with a lot of the post you made over there. I have no idea why Kyronix hates to give players anything useful or as powerful as other items already available.

Anon McDougle

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
32 reply so far all falling on deaf ears you can keep yelling into the wind or put aside whatever keeps you from posting there and be heard it's like voting if you don't you surrender your right to complain...

Stinky Pete

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
UNLEASHED
It makes zero sense that they can do the things they do for free, and our Devs take months if not years to implement the simplest of changes.
I can see how it wouldn't appear to make sense but it's actually much easier for someone running the UO server emulator to implement things. The server emulator software is pretty friendly to work with and was designed for people to be able to work with it. Many tools are available to make the more complicated things easier. The original server software... Probably not so much.

Think of it like the difference between replacing a part of a Toyota vs replacing a part on some car that I built myself from scraps that I have laying around my garage. The Toyota has parts made from all different manufacturers readily available to just put in the car. On the "home built" car the parts were designed only to make the car work and replacing the parts was never considered when the car was built. OSI could never have predicted that this project would still be in use 25+ years later and very little (if any) thought likely was put in to future maintenance.

The emulator software also has a small army of people contributing to it. There are all kinds of art assets and scripts available that you can just "plug in" to your server. I strongly recommend that some day you find a free shard that suits your play style and try it out.

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Some of us make a point of being polite, it doesn't make any difference. I won't forget the 'T-hunt revamp discussion' where the 'cheerleaders' were acknowledged and included over and over and the rest of us, no matter how polite in our begging, were totally ignored. As I said before, he had already decided on what he was going to do and he just wanted some group of people to validate it, nobody else's opinion was heard or mattered. So going forward if you are not part of that group of enablers your opinion is irrelevant.

@John Knighthawke I agree with a lot of the post you made over there. I have no idea why Kyronix hates to give players anything useful or as powerful as other items already available.
Kyronix: "I smell feedback, quick someone get me my clown shoes."

thank_you_stratics.jpg

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This thread has veered into personal attacks unrelated to its original intent. I'm asking the mods to remove the thread. @Merlin
This is a relevant thread, so it should stay.

I will investigate and clean up soon as I can get to a computer.

EDIT:
I cleaned up and removed what I considered to be non sensical and other unrelated types of comments.

Last edited: