• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy, could we have an official statement?

• Thread starter Priam_Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yalp

My mistake Jeremy.. you said this..

You're wrong, Theo. Banning the traders - and getting the items out of circulation - is at least as important as banning the accounts that did the duping.
and this.....

Check the Herald. And yes. possession of dupes can get you banned. We don't ban for one or two - although, as with the Vine Cords, we'll make no guarantees that we won't cause them to disappear - but possessing them in quantity is a good way to get banned.

Yalpers

S

Sarphus

The buyer must be held innocent if you cannot prove the intent and collusion.

There is NO WAY To ID duped from non-duped items.

What if the dupers sold all their items at the going rate on vendors across sosaria one at a time? How could you tell duped from non-duped. You CANT. Thats the problem.

AND - EA NEVER POSTED ANY OFFICIAL WORD on the dupes. How can you ban people from buying items that are not even determined to be part of an illegal operation.

I am not for a min saying everyone who bought items is innocent. There are plenty of shady things that can go on - but the minute you wrongly ban someone that is playing within game mechanics - you lose the faith of your honest players.

EA has lost my faith. Why even play if I can be banned for buying a runic from a vendor?
I understand your point...

In order to go along with it, I would have to "play stupid" to the point of becoming stupid, though.

How do you know stuff is duped? If it's priced as though it came for free, it's probably duped. If there's a problem with mass dupes at a given time and you're a vendor, the most logical thing to do is to empty off your vendor and wait for the dupers to get cleaned up. If you can't compete with duper prices, don't try. Wait for them to get cleaned up and then have a free market.

The policy EA is applying here is perfectly acceptible based on the information they have available. I think they should continue to improve their information gathering (hopefully without adding lag), but it is what it is. I think re-sellers should be scared to buy duped stuff, becuase resellers are like gas on a fire. They don't create the problem of duping, but they spread it around like crazy, which makes it harder to track down the source of the problem.

If resellers weren't exploiting the mass duping, EA could just ban the dupers and we could move forward. Instead, EA has to ban the dupers AND the people who are exploiting the duping problem (perfectly acceptable).

L

Lady_Mina

In a way, the dupers and cheaters did win. It was the poor slobs that had duped items in their possession that got the hammer. As Jeremy stated they hit those who had the items, not those who were doing the duping.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM
word !

Sure they did hit some dupers...but far less then they hit the people who had dupes in their posession.

The dupers are long gone...their trail period is over and they open up an other trail account to supply several shards with dupes.

It's the trail accounts that need to be watched and monitored...as i said before.

PLUS ! some people on these forums have great and alternate ideas on how to decrease the duping dramaticly...check other threads...

C

Connor_Graham

where exactly do i find the information on pricing on my shard?

Yalpers
Take a walk around Luna and do a little comparison shopping just like anyone that was about to spend multi millions on a runic would do.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it seems to me, after reading the boards throughout the weekend and today, that a lot of issues are being magnified in the lines of mass hysteria. one person speculates something yesterday morning and by this afternoon people are screaming it's fact and expanding on that even more. it seems to me that using common sense when buying items off vendors is the best route to take. i really wanted a val hammer and kept staring at the super cheap ones on atlantic vendors over the last couple of weeks. but i never bought one. not because i thought i might get caught or banned, but because i don't want to condone the dupers and their fencers. it was pretty obvious to me that something fishy was going on. even for people who don't read these boards, the common sense factor should still set off alarm bells in their heads when they see all the runic hammers and b-kits flooding the market fast and at half the price they were 6 months ago.

i realize some people might have been unjustly banned. but it makes sense to me that some of the people that were justly banned would come shrieking to the boards with rumors and conspiracy theories to set everyone off on a multitude of tangents and take the focus away from the common sense aspects of these bannings.

i also think it's hilarious (but not in a good way) that for months everyone shrieks that EA is doing nothing, and now that they have done something everyone shrieks about how awful they are. it's my opinion that in the majority of cases, ea would not ban someone without a whole lot of evidence. i'm guessing that for the past few months while you thought they weren't doing anything, they were quietly watching and researching and proving their cases. unbelievable.

Y

Yalp

Take a walk around Luna and do a little comparison shopping just like anyone that was about to spend multi millions on a runic would do.
I certainly would. And I agree ALOT of people certainly would. But you have to agree that NOT EVERYONE would. Not everyone would have the time or desire to shop like that. Some peeps dont have hours a day to look and comparison shop. Not everyone plays the same. So the solution has to be something that works for everyone, no matter the playstyle.

Yalpers!

S

Sarphus

where exactly do i find the information on pricing on my shard?

Yalpers
I'm not going to advertise a website from here, but I"m sure you know there are websites that post pricing info of going rates and whatnot.

Either way, it should be blatantly obvious if a valorite runic is priced at 15 mil, it's duped.

S

Sarphus

word !

Sure they did hit some dupers...but far less then they hit the people who had dupes in their posession.

The dupers are long gone...their trail period is over and they open up an other trail account to supply several shards with dupes.

It's the trail accounts that need to be watched and monitored...as i said before.

PLUS ! some people on these forums have great and alternate ideas on how to decrease the duping dramaticly...check other threads...

Yeah, I think they should diable duping on trial accounts.

jk lol

Z

Zofinur

If they're legit, you're safe. If you earned them yourself - whatever "they" are - you're fine.
  1. runics?
    So i can be quite sure my multiple minor runics (copper & bronze) and the single golden one weren´t the case.
    Since most of them were earned by me! And it looks like EA could proof this.
    Last time i remember i bought 10 bronze has been in july 2007.
    Hope they didnt ask the database-engineers to
    SELECT * FROM user WHERE COUNT(runics) > 50
    Cause then i would be fooled with my collection of minors....
  2. Heritage tokens?
    Yeah i did own quite some of these across the shards.
    There was a time when a "return to britannia" was active and u were able to collect these.
  3. Maybe checks?
    Is it true that u can 'undupe' checks by simply cashing them and making new checks?
    So it was my fault that i did accept checks and just stored them in my house?
    Must have been around 60M stored away in house&accounts...
  4. What else in my posession was not earned by me?
    2 * 25-statscrolls and 2 * 120-skillscrolls
    Would somebody get banned for this?
  5. Running the (nonprofit) auctionsite cant be the reason. They said multitude of highly illegal items

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yalpers there's websites set up (NOT condoned by EA) who's purpose is to act as luna search engines. type in what you're looking to buy (or looking to price) and bingo you get a list of all the current items for sale, what vendor they're on and what price they're selling for.

C

Connor_Graham

I highly doubt that the number of runics that someone has is a sole consideration for a ban either unless they're found to be in possession of what would normally be a half billion gold worth of runics. I have a whole mess of tailoring and bowyer runics, along with an aggy runic that I just turned in the lbod for yesterday, yet nothing was done to me. Every one of those runics was obtained through normal gameplay, with the tailor runics being obtained by filling and turning in the bods, the bowyer runics being obtained by actually doing the quests WHILE attended, and the aggy hammer done by making a trade for the last sbod I needed, then filling and turing in that runic. Granted, only a few of my runics are from the high end of the runic food chain, but I still have near 30 of the various runics total, and am happily playing the game today, and just got another bowyer runic. The moral of the story is that it's ok to own even some high end runics, but not ok to support dupers or their fences by buying up mass quantities of runics for less than half of what they would normally sell for. The highest end runic I've ever bought was a gold hammer, and even then I only bought 3 of them, and only because they were priced at normal prices and from a vendor that I'm familiar with for having been shopping at his vendors for several years now, and am also familiar with his characters and methods he uses to obtain the things he sells.

His shop and vendors are all still standing today, and yes he was selling some of the items that are on "the list" of dupes. The difference is that he trades for his Bods to get what he needs for the hammers, and doesn't dupe the Bods himself.

Y

Yalp

I do know of some. I don't know if they are current or if they are honest. I don't disagree with you for myself. But I do make allowances for people that are casual players, young players, or otherwise not so internet or stratics savy. Any solutions have to work for them. I don't want to blame people for their own lot, when the information was not public and somehow hard line attached to the game itself.

Yalpers

Y

Yalp

Yalpers there's websites set up (NOT condoned by EA) who's purpose is to act as luna search engines. type in what you're looking to buy (or looking to price) and bingo you get a list of all the current items for sale, what vendor they're on and what price they're selling for.
If I am thinking of the same site, doesn't it just identify the vendors in Luna?
If that's the case, it leaves out a whole world of vendors across the shard.
Whose prices are almost always lower than in luna. Does that make them dupes?

Yalpers

S

Sarphus

I certainly would. And I agree ALOT of people certainly would. But you have to agree that NOT EVERYONE would. Not everyone would have the time or desire to shop like that. Some peeps dont have hours a day to look and comparison shop. Not everyone plays the same. So the solution has to be something that works for everyone, no matter the playstyle.

Yalpers!
The problem with your logic here is called the "reasonable person test", which is commonly used in law. The idea is to use the general conclusion a reasonable person would come to as your basis of judgement.

For starters, dupers dupe big-ticket items. So the example earlier of 60 dye tubs is probably not going to be a problem, because a duper wouldn't bother to dupe items that don't even make 100k a pop. Dupers are looking to make multiple millions on items.

Buyers of big-ticket items generally either have to save up to buy those big ticket items, or they are already rich and should have a reasonable understanding of what those items go for. If a buyer had to save for an item, he has probably had his eye on that item for a long time and can reasonably be expected to realize that an item has been priced too low. Sure, sometimes people put items on their vendor and accidentally underprice them, but generally speaking and underpriced item has a sketchy past.

So... when we apply the reasonable person test to this situation, it should be abundantly clear when an item such as a valorite hammer is being sold for well below market value. A reasonable person should be expected to know exactly what he is doing. Of course, we've seen lots of people that got caught holding the bag and claiming that they were wrongly punished only to find that they knew exactly what they were doing and didn't expect to get nailed.

I say make an example out of these clowns. Teach people that they have to play by the rules if they want to play.

C

Connor_Graham

But you have to agree that NOT EVERYONE would.
If someone wasn't going to comparison shop, then they'd at least ask their friends or guild mates what a normal or decent price was for whatever type of runic they were looking for. I highly doubt anyone would just buy the first one they found without having done at least that much, and if they were going to buy something like a Val hammer, which ran 15-18mil at duper prices, I highly doubt they wouldn't have an idea that the price was too good to be true when they were selling for 40-50mil just a few months ago.

Not everyone would have the time or desire to shop like that. Some peeps dont have hours a day to look and comparison shop. Not everyone plays the same. So the solution has to be something that works for everyone, no matter the playstyle.

Yalpers!
As I've said, they'd at least ask around to get a ballpark idea of what to pay. They wouldn't just buy up the first hammer or runic kit when they could have gone to the shop next door and gotten one for 1mil less. Even people that don't have a lot of time to spend shopping spend at least a little time doing at least a little research.

The old axiom comes to mind:

If something seems too good to be true, then it most likely is.

If a Val hammer was 40-50mil a few months ago along with BRSK's selling for 4-5mil and now half that in the same time frame, and are selling for less than half that price now, there's probably a 6 month old tuna in the vendor's pocket, because that would smell fishy to anyone.

S

Sarphus

I think with items such as doom arties, crimson, etc you would have a unique ID that identifies the item. A dupe would presumeably have the same ID, but I don't understand how it would be stored in the database if that's the case (certainly doesn't make sense).

Items like valorite runics, on the other hand, are generated by dropping BODs on an NPC. If a player is able to dupe the BOD, they are able to create multiple instances of uniquely identified hammers, which creates a situation where dupes have unique id's. Situations like that might require the devs to pick a number of what would be a reasonable number of runic hammers for someone to have.

L

Lady_Mina

I think most people went bezerk , including me...when jeremy mentioned.

Originally Posted by Jeremy_EAMythic View Post
You're wrong, Theo. Banning the traders - and getting the items out of circulation - is at least as important as banning the accounts that did the duping.
Aspecialy traders and friends of traders feel very offended by this.
Cause traders are not scammers or exploiters...so they should not be judged like one.
They did not do the dupe...so they should not pay for it..just to cut circulation.

I'm pro banning the dupers..but banning the innocent to cut circulation...no.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In that vein - if you report a dupe, help us reproduce it, and then we find out you have hundreds of duped items on your account that you failed to mention... we'll thank you kindly and then ban you so hard you bounce.
So you may say "you have too many (TEN) 1m gp checks in your bank box, its a dupe" to almost any player?

Are EA trying to force UO death?
Actually, it would be more plausible if it looked like this:

So you may say "you have too many (4000) 1m gp checks in your bank box, its a dupe" to almost any player?

N

Nyte Doombringer

If they're legit, you're safe. If you earned them yourself - whatever "they" are - you're fine.
Then why are their player run vendors? If you need to earn everything yourself to make sure you are safe there is no need for player run vendors anymore. Put in an auction house like all the other games, oh maybe this game is way to old for that huh.

P

Priam_Sonoma

The willingness of people to take secondhand protestations of innocence at face value appalls me.
I find the ambiguity of the banning policy appalling. So much so that I have decided to spare anyone here anymore whining and complaining that I have done over the past three weeks. All four of my accounts activated in the last month have been closed. Anyone that truely thinks this is over the top, the fact that you may buy duped goods and be banned, should simply put their money where their mouth is, as I have.

If you cannot determine intent Jeremy, then innocent people could easily be caught here.

I guess that is all there is to say. My visit back has been interesting.

~ Priam

S

Stomp

The problem with judging prices now compared to 6 / 3 / 2 months ago is that the duped items push down the price of honest items. At my bod peak (3 years ago'ish) , I probably handed in 3000 sbods in a week @ 500 a day. I got 7 (might have been 8) brsk large from that which I filled and sold at the time for 6m per. If I honestly filled at the same rate today, and wanted to sell those same runics, I would need to sell at roughly 2m per in order to be close to a level where people would buy them. I could put them on an honest vendor at 2.5m and they would not move.

Y

Yalp

In a game as complex as this one is, with as many items and players as it has, assuming that people will or should behave in a certain manner isn't reasonable at all.

Hard lining the information, so every single player that logs into the game gets the information is aware that xxxx item is being investigated for duping.

But seems like EA spends more time and effort trying to catch and ban peeps rather than preventing their trade. Why not make public information of what they are investigating? Not shards/ players. But let the public know there's rampant duping on certain items. This puts the responsibility squarely on the players who buy such items. Might drive down the prices of the runics, cause the dupers to abandon their efforts and assist in the efforts to reduce the problem.

I don't know. I"m just talking out of my ass-hat like everyone else. I just feel, deeply, that this recent action of EA's was way off the mark and has done far more damage than benefit to the long term viability of their product.

Yalpers

L

Lady_Mina

I think with items such as doom arties, crimson, etc you would have a unique ID that identifies the item. A dupe would presumeably have the same ID, but I don't understand how it would be stored in the database if that's the case (certainly doesn't make sense).

Items like valorite runics, on the other hand, are generated by dropping BODs on an NPC. If a player is able to dupe the BOD, they are able to create multiple instances of uniquely identified hammers, which creates a situation where dupes have unique id's. Situations like that might require the devs to pick a number of what would be a reasonable number of runic hammers for someone to have.
Every unique item has it's own code...and every duped item has a code aswell that makes it clear that it's a dupe.

Sort of similar to..files on your computer.

mother item : example1 (this item is the first kind of this item)
unique item : example1A
duped item : example1A001 , example1A002

(sort of the same thing your computer does when it makes an EXACT copy of a file...it gives it nearly the same name but add extra characters cause the names cannot be intirely the same)

Just imagen more numbers...but this is just a very easy example that doesn't raise too much confusion.

Of course i understand that the item data base of Uo is massive.
And that it's nearly an impossible job to check all of them.

Cynic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In that vein - if you report a dupe, help us reproduce it, and then we find out you have hundreds of duped items on your account that you failed to mention... we'll thank you kindly and then ban you so hard you bounce.
I am laughing so hard..

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let's see... by many of the debates here... the "way to buy safely" is to make sure you aren't buying low. If you are getting a really low deal, it's a dupe.

So... what happens when you buy items that are priced appropriately and they turn out to be dupes anyways that someone else bought low OR the dupers actually possess a brain (shocking..) and just price their dupes higher to look more legit? So really despite how "educated" someone might be, there is NO real way for the players to tell which are dupes and which aren't... and this just isn't runics is it? Rares, runics, scrolls, artifacts, peerless ingredients, etc. So basically is the only thing we can do is NOT buy any items and don't bother with IDOCs as we have no idea what is duped and what isn't. Oh and we shouldn't sell items either because we might get duped gold that we don't know... is duped. Huh...

R

Rainbow Stu

I'm not going to advertise a website from here, but I"m sure you know there are websites that post pricing info of going rates and whatnot.

Either way, it should be blatantly obvious if a valorite runic is priced at 15 mil, it's duped.
Not true on the price. Alot of times I will sell something I get thru playing the game at half the price of everyone else just so it moves in less then a day. I don't need a crap load of gold so I price my items to move super quick.

S

Sheridan

Thread unlocked - not sure why it was locked in the first place.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let's see... by many of the debates here... the "way to buy safely" is to make sure you aren't buying low. If you are getting a really low deal, it's a dupe.

So... what happens when you buy items that are priced appropriately and they turn out to be dupes anyways that someone else bought low OR the dupers actually possess a brain (shocking..) and just price their dupes higher to look more legit? So really despite how "educated" someone might be, there is NO real way for the players to tell which are dupes and which aren't... and this just isn't runics is it? Rares, runics, scrolls, artifacts, peerless ingredients, etc. So basically is the only thing we can do is NOT buy any items and don't bother with IDOCs as we have no idea what is duped and what isn't. Oh and we shouldn't sell items either because we might get duped gold that we don't know... is duped. Huh...
Jeremy done said that having one item wouldnt cause your account beeing banned....now if you buy up duped or potentially duped items and stockpile them ...your own fault

C

Connor_Graham

legally buying an item off a vendor ? why would that seem to good to be true, regardless of price.

this is BS and you know it. stop defending EA.
Hmmm. The price on Val hammers drops from 40-50mil each to 15-18 mil each, even though nothing has changed in the game to increase the total number of Val hammers that can be obtained legally. Single vendors not only have 1 for sale, or even 2, but many more than that, and can restock with just as many as soon as they sell out, yet you wouldn't think this would be too good to be true even though a person MIGHT be lucky enough to legally get all the Bods for a SINGLE hammer once or maybe twice a year. Possibly a little shorter than that if they have a good trade network setup for trading Bods.

Uh yeah.......riiiiiiiight.....:coco:

That's BS. Stop defending the dupers and fencers, along with their supporters that buy multiples from them regardless of the fact that they knew they were dupes, or at least were reasonably certain of it.

P

packrat

Hmmm. The price on Val hammers drops from 40-50mil each to 15-18 mil each, even though nothing has changed in the game to increase the total number of Val hammers that can be obtained legally. Single vendors not only have 1 for sale, or even 2, but many more than that, and can restock with just as many as soon as they sell out, yet you wouldn't think this would be too good to be true even though a person MIGHT be lucky enough to legally get all the Bods for a SINGLE hammer once or maybe twice a year. Possibly a little shorter than that if they have a good trade network setup for trading Bods.

Uh yeah.......riiiiiiiight.....:coco:

That's BS. Stop defending the dupers and fencers, along with their supporters that buy multiples from them regardless of the fact that they knew they were dupes, or at least were reasonably certain of it.
I usually agree with you on most things. Now tell me what items are duped? And how many can I possess without being a target? And why are vendors still selling these items? I think thats what most people are looking for. Answers.
Didn't they recently have an event where they gave out these hammers? I didn't participate in this so I don't know what the average number of hammers were given out. Isn't it possible some got these hammers in the event and bought some from others that did get them?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You had duped items, you knew you had duped items, your just trying to get your stuff back. Please hold in the QQs for people that care.

The only mistake EA made was not banning your other accounts too.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im getting paranoid too. First time ever. I agree with what Stomp say. I too spend lots of time every day year after year here. But in my case I just own a fragment of what he does. I dont have rares, I like pretty things but they dont have to be expensive.
I do lots of bods, peerless .dooming, crafting etc. Not for the money really but I have many vendors and I like them to look good. I keep very very busy and I do check prices on other vendors but not as often as I should. I think most things cost too much. I am GM for an old crafters guild and shop manager for our shop.

As we are crafters and hunters we sell what we get so we get all the profit and dont need to be expensive. I know I sell items too cheap pretty often, like arties and ML craftables. Always thinking someone will be happy to get this so cheap.

With the turn ins now its harder to stock vensdors nicely and I take what I can find in my house. I have 20 chars so there was 20 melissas cloaks in a chest. I saw some in one shop terrible expensive and I decided to ignore that and set 250k on one to check. I put a CBD beside the cloak for 250 k as well.
I have filled alot of bods lately so I have some. It sold fast and I repeated the same thing a couple of times.
Now I think.. maybe the CDBs or cloaks look too cheap and I get suspected?
Same with arties..and what if I get a crimson I dont want for my chars? We are not in Luna or have someone gating alot so we need to sell cheaper...

As I know Lucy of Kenton and cheating isnt for her, I get scared to stock some my vendors, anything can happen.
This weekend I hardly felt like playing but I red stratics more than ever.:(

Y

Yalp

You had duped items, you knew you had duped items, your just trying to get your stuff back. Please hold in the QQs for people that care.

The only mistake EA made was not banning your other accounts too.
I think you may be right that SOME people knew they were duping, had duped items and were trading duped items.. but it's not at all a certainty that everyone who has been banned knew they had duped items, were duping or knew they were trading/stockpiling duped items. This is something our forum community needs to come to agreement on.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

A

Ashyn

While I completely disagree that the post I made is the same as the "banned" posts, I will comply and re-post my comments regarding "the UO Community Coordinator," and her comments to the player base (NOTE: READ THE POST! I for one, Couldn't give a rats behind about what happened in game or who was banned - I merely stand behind principles).

This is very disturbing and will be sent to higher reps at Mythic for review.

In response to a Stratics post asking Jeremy to discuss the reasons of the recent UO bannings in public:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_EAMythic
I cannot. It's a violation of our privacy policy.

In response to a direct question made by a forum poster named "Lucy" on the same issue:

Quote:
Lucy, just to be perfectly clear - we do not discuss account issues with anyone but the account holder. Therefore, I'm not going to talk about your account or any other here on Stratics.

Yet, Jeremy goes on to Violate the very terms she stated she would not violate (making it well known to anyone keeping up to date with this topic who she is referring to with the following comment):

Quote:
The "innocent" guy who emailed me over the weekend had 160 or so duped items. Not so innocent. eh?

Even more disturbing is the following comment:

Quote:
The willingness of people to take secondhand protestations of innocence at face value appalls me.

How dare you speak to the playing customer base in this manner? Sweetie, at 44, I can tell you one thing - the player base your addressing will or will not pay YOUR salary - I for one, do not contribute to it, and quite frankly, will seriousely consider future contributions to it through WAR. This isn't a threat, it's just a statement of fact that some of us older gamers couldn't care less if you have a job tomorrow - you are a luxury, not a necessity.

In addition, you need to keep in mind that the bulk of members on THIS forum are United States Citizens. They exist in a system that dictates "Innocent until PROVEN guilty." Mythic CANNOT prove those players who got banned were "guilty" without violating the privacy policy. In short, you are NOT permitted to discuss the actions that got a specific player banned with ANYONE OTHER THAN the account holder, therefore, you cannot produce any evidence to support your claim (double edged sword).

You should be more appalled if (at least some of) the player base wasn't standing behind "innocence" without proof to the contrary.

-Ashyn

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently, idiocy is a disease. And it's spreading.

Can we PLEASE get some sort of control over the ranting already? Make them all post in one topic or whatever, just get it out of the general boards.

A

Ashyn

How do you know who it is? At this point in the afternoon I have three different sets of correspondence matching that description, with only the exact number of dupes varying.

Who it is is irrelevant, the fact at hand is that you discussed an account with the public. And, your follow-up comment only confirms that it was one of three. Deduction.

L

Lady_Mina

Looks like the next townhall meeting isn't going to be a fun one :)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who it is is irrelevant, the fact at hand is that you discussed an account with the public. And, your follow-up comment only confirms that it was one of three. Deduction.
One of three THAT HAVE YET TO BE NAMED. Do you not see that so long as names aren't mentioned, she hasn't said anything specifically about ANYONE, or are you denser than a brick of lead? She is not allowed to SPECIFICALLY comment on any event, with details.. general comments, NOT GIVING NAMES, are, so far as I can tell, FINE.

A

Ashyn

NewThunder
You are way out of Line here. Jeremy is providing what information she can, and has not provided any information that can be linked to a specific player.

Let me fill you in on a little secret, It is THEIR GAME, if they believe a player needs to be removed they do not have to answer to anyone. I frankly am shocked that they did not ban all the accounts of these players and seemed to allow the banned players to continue using their other accounts. You have every right to leave if you do not like this situation, but you should not impugn Jeremy in the process.

Information does not warrant degredation.

You really should have read my post to see that I was (1) not debating whether or not players should or should not have been banned. (2) known that I no longer play UO so I have no need to "leave." (3) I find no qualms with standing behind the basis of what this country was formed on.

-Ashyn

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you know who it is? At this point in the afternoon I have three different sets of correspondence matching that description, with only the exact number of dupes varying.

Sounds like someone has an axe to grind and thinks Jeremy looks like a grindstone.

If you are that upset, perhaps you do need to head for another game that makes you happy. :drama:

A

Ashyn

One of three THAT HAVE YET TO BE NAMED. Do you not see that so long as names aren't mentioned, she hasn't said anything specifically about ANYONE, or are you denser than a brick of lead? She is not allowed to SPECIFICALLY comment on any event, with details.. general comments, NOT GIVING NAMES, are, so far as I can tell, FINE.
Ok, I will clarify this. Only ONE poster and ONE poster alone claimed to email Jeremy all weekend. DUH!!!!! Professor Plum in the study with the candlestick.

-Ashyn

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Information does not warrant degredation.

You really should have read my post to see that I was (1) not debating whether or not players should or should not have been banned. (2) known that I no longer play UO so I have no need to "leave." (3) I find no qualms with standing behind the basis of what this country was formed on.

-Ashyn
Ah, you make a couple great points, if you no longer play UO, why the F*$% are you hear yapping on the boards for? And you reference "this country", unfortunantly we are talking about UO, a privatly owned game. Mythic can do as they like and technically, we all have to live with it, no say, no liking it.

A

Ashyn

Sounds like someone has an axe to grind and thinks Jeremy looks like a grindstone.

If you are that upset, perhaps you do need to head for another game that makes you happy. :drama:
No, no axe to grind at all. I, for one, actually send in positive feedback on reps. as well as negative. Her responses were more "personal" in nature, and that is where I will crawl out from under a rock and voice my concerns. It's called standing behind what you believe in and I simply don't believe in any rep speaking to players in the manner that has been demonstrated in this issue. Call it an axe if you wish, but you're off base.

-Ashyn

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I will clarify this. Only ONE poster and ONE poster alone claimed to email Jeremy all weekend. DUH!!!!! Professor Plum in the study with the candlestick.

-Ashyn
And OF COURSE, because ONE SAID they did, only THAT ONE could possibly have done so ALL WEEKEND. GENIUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.