• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy, could we have an official statement?

• Thread starter Priam_Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Priam_Sonoma

It seems that mayhem has resulted from some of the recent actions that EA/Mythic has taken in regards to illegal actions in the game by players. One would also gather that EA/Mythic have lost a portion of control of their game.

Being a veteran player who left, and then returned it is in my personal interest to know if the game that I am interested in supporting is stable and at least policed to prevent gross abuses such as "duping" and "hacking".

With my accounts coming up for renewal soon, I would request a statement from EA/Mythic on the nature of the recent bannings and the actions the company is taking to insure the game is secure. I wouldn't think it prudent to support a game that is "out of control" in these areas.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone has been complaining about duping for the past few months and EA has mentioned that they will be doing something about it dozens of times.

No one needs an official statement regarding this. But it would still be fun :)

P

Priam_Sonoma

It would really help. I have two account due for renewal in a few weeks, and at this juncture, it looks like it is time to leave again.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want to not renew your accounts because they are finally doing something about things wrong with the game?

P

Priam_Sonoma

I want to not renew because I come back to this game after 5 years and find it in a state that I cannot support. I believe firmly in voicing my opinion with my dollars. The game economy is so backwards, the "new expansion" appears substandard and now all this duping. It looks like the developers have lost control of their game. Customer service is also a reason.

A word from the community liason or developers about definite direction would really help in my opinion.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but it is almost like they want the title to fail.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that mayhem has resulted from some of the recent actions that EA/Mythic has taken in regards to illegal actions in the game by players. One would also gather that EA/Mythic have lost a portion of control of their game.

Being a veteran player who left, and then returned it is in my personal interest to know if the game that I am interested in supporting is stable and at least policed to prevent gross abuses such as "duping" and "hacking".

With my accounts coming up for renewal soon, I would request a statement from EA/Mythic on the nature of the recent bannings and the actions the company is taking to insure the game is secure. I wouldn't think it prudent to support a game that is "out of control" in these areas.
You find the fact, that EA is finally banning dupers, a state you cannot support??? I am astonished! People have been complaining massively about dupes and bug abuse, and now that EA takes action people are complaining AGAIN??????

Have you all gone crazy!?!

Or do you actually believe those people who are stating to be innocent on this board? Do you really believe EA is banning random people just because they accidentaly bought one duped runic kit, without monitoring user behavior thoroughly? You must be quite naive then!

P

Priam_Sonoma

No Hawkeye, I find that the powers that be have allowed the game to deteriorate to this state is troubling. I find the lack of communication ingame and through company/player channels to be troubling.

G

Gwendar-SP

It is the weekend. If we are lucky someone from EA might say something next week. Considering how infrequently they post, I wouldn't hold my breath tho.

The reports of EA removing houses is very scary since it doesn't offer the posibility of EA returning the posessions of people who may have been wrongly accused. This seems rather inconsistent with the concept of innocent until proven guilty. Is EA still based in the US?

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to MMO's; it applies to courts of law. That's the real world, not a game world. That being said, I hope they are being careful and making sure that they are truly banning people who either duped or knowingly traded in dupes.

K

Kith Kanan

You find the fact, that EA is finally banning dupers, a state you cannot support??? I am astonished! People have been complaining massively about dupes and bug abuse, and now that EA takes action people are complaining AGAIN??????

Have you all gone crazy!?!

Or do you actually believe those people who are stating to be innocent on this board? Do you really believe EA is banning random people just because they accidentaly bought one duped runic kit, without monitoring user behavior thoroughly? You must be quite naive then!
and your certainly talking alot of smack for someone who does not know whats happend.... If I had done something wrong I' would just have kept quiet and I would surely not have risked one of my main accounts , its not like its hard to make a trial account . all I did was buy maybe 3-4 verite and 1 val hammer a month the last 3 months or so , if thats something one gets banned for , how the hell can we buy anything worth more than a few 100k without fear of getting banned ??? Maybe I got banned because I did not burn em all the sec I got em , but thats the way I craft.. in streaks , I buy up tools and materials and then I craft a lot of items.. At one time I had 14 heartwood fletching kits , collected over a long period , so I could burn em all at the same time........ that sure as hell aint gonna happen again

well nuff said I cant be arsed to try and convince peopel who dont know me what I post is the truth , and all that matters is the mail/msg I'm gonna get from EA... soon i hope !!!!

C

classical

jeremy why? you know vanguard had a great idea when you create a char its solely yours no one else can hold the name or duplicate it. why have you done this to so many people that have done nothing wrong. Most of us run vendors houses we buy and we resell. How are we to know it duped? your own rules state about the suspension in 12 24 and i think 72 hour banns. Yet you have terminated account that were innocent people. You say you investigate things. if so how come so many people that done nothing but by a product off a vendor were nail. I myself was nailed in this my account never duped never used a illegal program in 4 years yer im terminated for what buying bod kit hammers. Most that run vendor houses keep massive back stock on hand.Yet you look at it as were duping. when were not. why are innocent people paying the price for the people that do run them. This is not good public relations for this game its negative. Word travels fast in the game world to you really think after this i will suggest to anyone to play this game after whats been done to my account? What was running thru your head? why cant you keep the dupers out of this game. I myself left a year ago to play vanguard Why because of these reasons 1 your name yours no one else can have it 2 caught duping perma bann 3 and the gm do there job they come to you it not automated like uo is Seems to me what your trying to do is shut your own game down. You need to address this instead of hiding behind your monitor. you have innocent people with house terminated for no reason as you can see many are upset with your actions you took .Assumption has and always will play uo as a fool for you cant stop them and until you can theres always going to be the bad one making us innocent people pay the price . on this one ill give you a thumbs down because uo did not do the homework in the proper fashion it should have be done in .YOU NEED TO COME OT OF HIDING AND ADDESS US MR JEREMY

Z

Zofinur

The reports of EA removing houses is very scary since it doesn't offer the posibility of EA returning the posessions of people who may have been wrongly accused.
Yep, and i dont think i am alone when i say i wont return if not everything of the follwing is restored
  • My chars
  • My home
  • My items
  • My reputation

Cant remember so many ppl complaining to be banned innocent.

This way they will loose a lot of (honest) customers.
This way they will loose a lot of (paying) customers.

Can this be the end of UO?

If u r interested in my case i will post any details i get from EA in the europa-thread. But for now there is no agent avaialble on the weekend.
Who did the banning on the WE then, if nobody is working?

C

classical

and your certainly talking alot of smack for someone who does not know whats happend.... If I had done something wrong I' would just have kept quiet and I would surely not have risked one of my main accounts , its not like its hard to make a trial account . all I did was buy maybe 3-4 verite and 1 val hammer a month the last 3 months or so , if thats something one gets banned for , how the hell can we buy anything worth more than a few 100k without fear of getting banned ??? Maybe I got banned because I did not burn em all the sec I got em , but thats the way I craft.. in streaks , I buy up tools and materials and then I craft a lot of items.. At one time I had 14 heartwood fletching kits , collected over a long period , so I could burn em all at the same time........ that sure as hell aint gonna happen again

well nuff said I cant be arsed to try and convince peopel who dont know me what I post is the truth , and all that matters is the mail/msg I'm gonna get from EA... soon i hope !!!!
dont feel bad my account got taken i went to the site im still waiting for a answer andmy account never got banned or suspended n 4years then they nailed my boyfriend last night that hasnt played in over 3 month in terminate his account as well they think there gods of uo the assume your always guilty as well and until they can write a program that people in this game use to dupe things uo is always going to be like this the innocent always pay the price for the jerk faces that wreck it. many here assume that most sounding off are dupers those people are wrongs assumption is the worlds biggest mess up n jeremy really messed up on this one. many of us have spent years developing chars in this game some 4 some 10years and so on for this kind of treatment were guilty you donthave to be on your account for them to terminate it my boyfriend account living proof of that one. not a chance to defend yourself nothing this is what we pay for every month at last i look there members to this game are on a radpid decline why cause no matter what you buy you take a chance it might be dupe in doing so they terminate you look at it as guilt by and think your supporting the dupers jeremy needs to invent a program that the professinal hackers of this game cant get around it that simple

Y

Yalp

I suspect it's not Jeremy that has done this. This happens too high up the food chain at EA/Mythic.... way way up the food chain.

There are some very senior people involved in these actions. This requires a statement from EA/Mythic. I suspect one is forthcoming on Monday.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

R

rajadeah

jeremy why? you know vanguard had a great idea when you create a char its solely yours no one else can hold the name or duplicate it. why have you done this to so many people that have done nothing wrong. Most of us run vendors houses we buy and we resell. How are we to know it duped? your own rules state about the suspension in 12 24 and i think 72 hour banns. Yet you have terminated account that were innocent people. You say you investigate things. if so how come so many people that done nothing but by a product off a vendor were nail. I myself was nailed in this my account never duped never used a illegal program in 4 years yer im terminated for what buying bod kit hammers. Most that run vendor houses keep massive back stock on hand.Yet you look at it as were duping. when were not. why are innocent people paying the price for the people that do run them. This is not good public relations for this game its negative. Word travels fast in the game world to you really think after this i will suggest to anyone to play this game after whats been done to my account? What was running thru your head? why cant you keep the dupers out of this game. I myself left a year ago to play vanguard Why because of these reasons 1 your name yours no one else can have it 2 caught duping perma bann 3 and the gm do there job they come to you it not automated like uo is Seems to me what your trying to do is shut your own game down. You need to address this instead of hiding behind your monitor. you have innocent people with house terminated for no reason as you can see many are upset with your actions you took .Assumption has and always will play uo as a fool for you cant stop them and until you can theres always going to be the bad one making us innocent people pay the price . on this one ill give you a thumbs down because uo did not do the homework in the proper fashion it should have be done in .YOU NEED TO COME OT OF HIDING AND ADDESS US MR JEREMY
No your not innocent. If your buying even just one Val hammer at the prices there being dumped at you cant stand there and let every one think you didnt know it was duped.

Ofcorse there duped You knew that we all know that heck anybody who took the time to earn one the honest way sure to heck isnt going to try and sell it for what there going for atm.

The person who duped the hammer is as quilty as the person who bught it. just like in real life you can go to jail for buying stolen goods. Its about time UO starts baning the buyers as well maybe now people will stop buying the stuff and leave no more reason for the dupers to dupe anymore!!

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone has been complaining about duping for the past few months and EA has mentioned that they will be doing something about it dozens of times.

No one needs an official statement regarding this. But it would still be fun :)
Not all the player base read these forums or UO's website for that matter either.

They should have put a comment in the login screen. But this just makes too much sense doesn't it.

Banning dupers is good, banning the people who buy duped items is just plain dumb, but par for the course for EA :loser:.

It reminds me when everyone was complaining about spellweavings arcane focus, how they wanted it to be lessened to not need so many people to get the focus. What does EA do? The exact opposite and make it more difficult. :loser:

With the kinds of decissions EA makes I am very suprised the game last 10years and not 10 minutes.

I would ask them to take the blinders off, but the problem with that is they don't know they cant see the whole picture. They think the little tunnel vision they have reflects everyone thoughts and opinions :coco:

S

Sarphus

It blows my mind that you bought that many hammers and didn't suspect they were duped. What blows my mind even more is that it sounds more like you knew the hammers were duped and you don't think it's a big deal that you knowingly bought dupes because you only bought a lot of em (which you think is a trivial number)

You deserved to be banned.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It blows my mind that you bought that many hammers and didn't suspect they were duped. What blows my mind even more is that it sounds more like you knew the hammers were duped and you don't think it's a big deal that you knowingly bought dupes because you only bought a lot of em (which you think is a trivial number)

You deserved to be banned.

After all it is impossible for an honest crafter (or anyone) to have 2 legit val hammers and 2 legit verite hammers on a vendor right?

Is it possible for someone to get a legit val hammer in the game?
Is it possible for someone to get 2 legit val hammer in the game?
Is it possible for that person to decide to sell them on a vendor at the same time?
Is it possible that a persone buys one val hammer from a known honest source and another val hammer from a different known honest source and then turn around to sell them on their own vendor?

Na, this isn't possible, they must be a duper.

S

Sarphus

Buying and reselling obviously duped stuff for a profit IS exploiting. You also deserved to be banned.

L

love2winalot

This is what happens when you buy in Luna. It is like going to Korea, or the Philippines, and buying stuff off the Black market part of town. Not everything there is a copy right theft, or trade mark theft, or illegal copies of movies and such, BUT MOST OF IT IS.

This is what happens when you sell in Luna, Or have venders in some Mall. You may well be 100% on the up & up, but if the owner is not, then it is guilt by association. You all have your own house, just set up your own venders, and sell your stuff at YOUR house. Easy........

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're going to proclaim your innocence, at least do it in a readable paragraph. I skipped two walls of text because I couldn't even stand to look at the lack of capital letters and periods in them.

Also: As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree with rajadeah. If you're stocking up on commonly duped items and you know the prices seem a bit low, or you notice that the vendor never seems to run out, it's your fault for continuing to buy at the risk of getting duped items. If I were in that situation I'd be calling a GM to check it out before someone else reported and started the ban chain.

It's common sense that you have to look out for dupes in game. I avoid them by simply not using commonly duped items, and so far I have had no issues doing so. If you absolutely can't live without your runic kits, go get them yourself and then pancake about how hard they are to get, instead of buying them from some Luna vendor who you KNOW can't possibly get as many as they somehow seem to have.

If you have been banned and you really are innocent, then during investigation the truth should come out, and I'm all for EA restoring everything to accounts that were wrongly accused. If you were stupid enough to buy multiple times from dupers without thinking twice, I have little sympathy for you. Self preservation is the name of the game, guys. If you don't wanna be banned, stay off the radar!

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what happens when you buy in Luna. It is like going to Korea, or the Philippines, and buying stuff off the Black market part of town. Not everything there is a copy right theft, or trade mark theft, or illegal copies of movies and such, BUT MOST OF IT IS.

This is what happens when you sell in Luna, Or have venders in some Mall. You may well be 100% on the up & up, but if the owner is not, then it is guilt by association. You all have your own house, just set up your own venders, and sell your stuff at YOUR house. Easy........
This may help the seller stay out of trouble, but it doesn't help the buyer one bit. He still doesn't know what is legit and what isn't

N

NewThunder

Here is the what the official word would be from the TOS:

9. Termination.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS SECTION EXPLAINS WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS TERMINATED.

Either you or Electronic Arts may terminate your Account at any time without further obligation to the other. Further, Electronic Arts reserves the rights to terminate the Service at any time without further obligation to you. IF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT IS TERMINATED OR CANCELED AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING: (1) YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OR PRORATION OF ANY FEES OR UNUSED ACCESS TIME; (2) YOU WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY CHARACTERS DEVELOPED OR ITEMS ACCUMULATED AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TRANSFER, SELL OR ASSIGN ANY CHARACTERS OR ITEMS TO ANYONE ELSE; (3) YOU MAY NOT ACCESS THE SERVICE IN ANY MANNER OR FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING VIA ANY OTHER ACCOUNT. IN THE EVENT THAT AN ACCOUNT IS TERMINATED, Electronic Arts MAY TERMINATE ANY AND ALL OTHER ACCOUNTS THAT SHARE THE MEMBER NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS, INTERNET PROTOCOL ADDRESS OR CREDIT CARD NUMBER WITH THE TERMINATED ACCOUNT.
It is Their game and they can terminate any account any time for any reason.

L

Lady_Mina

sure they don't have obligations...but a detailed explination why they ban certain accounts would be nice.

For some it's obvious why they are banned...some had it comming.

And for other it comes as a surprise since they can't remember what might have caused the perma ban...

R

rajadeah

After all it is impossible for an honest crafter (or anyone) to have 2 legit val hammers and 2 legit verite hammers on a vendor right?

Is it possible for someone to get a legit val hammer in the game?
Is it possible for someone to get 2 legit val hammer in the game?
Is it possible for that person to decide to sell them on a vendor at the same time?
Is it possible that a persone buys one val hammer from a known honest source and another val hammer from a different known honest source and then turn around to sell them on their own vendor?

Na, this isn't possible, they must be a duper.
No its not Impossible But its very unlikly for someone to have 2 leget val and ver hammers on there vendor and who in there right mind would even think about selling them when the markets flooded with dupes selling for a fraction of what they should be worth.

Same goes with the vinecord sandles everyone knew they were duped but people bought them anyway and all they ended up loosing was there money. But now Maybe if the buyers start getting nailed too people will stop buying known dupes and put the dupers out business.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No its not Impossible But its very unlikly for someone to have 2 leget val and ver hammers on there vendor and who in there right mind would even think about selling them when the markets flooded with dupes selling for a fraction of what they should be worth.
The point is there are exceptions, and not everyone reads these boards to know about dupes.

I remember 10years ago when i first started playing, I didnt know about Stratics, or for that matter it never even occured to me that the UO website would even post the upcoming game changes.

It took two years before I fuigured that out, mainly because I was a casual gamer at the time.

But the point is this still happens, so to penalize someone who has no clue on whats going on is not fair.

That is why EA should put a comment in the login message!

Again, banning dupers is fine, but banning the people who buy from them without warning people of the problem is wrong and is not the way to handle it.

Y

Yalp

Again.. HUGE ASS HAT assumptions about what people know, that they know about and read stratics, that all locations on all shards are the same.

You can claim fact that YOU knew things were duped. I'd actually like to know EXCATLY how you know. Where these things are. Exactly who has them and how they got them.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

J

jack flash

Jeremy

there are more and more people asking why their accts are now gone

WITH NO EXPLANATION OR CONTACT NUMBER

this is appalling, right or wrong these people have the right to find out
so please reply with a post HERE, NOW with all email, international phone numbers so these FEE PAYING CUSTOMERS, can get the help they need

in this modern age we live in, this is very middle ages stuff

i am sure somewhere on the EA site, after mutl;iple links, pages, small print the details are there, lets have it up front now they need it

please sort it now..............................

L

Lady_Mina

She prefers to be emailed...so she has the option ignore your emails.

Phone is too direct... lol

A

Azazel of LA

Its the weekend so the NOW isnt gonna happen , why dont ya do like the rest of us and just wait untill shes informed when she gets back to work on Monday and finds time to let us know. Typing in caps isnt goona change anything , so be patient!

C

Connor_Graham

Jeremy

there are more and more people asking why their accts are now gone

WITH NO EXPLANATION OR CONTACT NUMBER

this is appalling, right or wrong these people have the right to find out
so please reply with a post HERE, NOW with all email, international phone numbers so these FEE PAYING CUSTOMERS, can get the help they need

in this modern age we live in, this is very middle ages stuff

i am sure somewhere on the EA site, after mutl;iple links, pages, small print the details are there, lets have it up front now they need it

please sort it now..............................
Uh.....It's Sunday. I doubt Jeremy is at work, much less have contact with the Devs & Mgmt.

At least now we know why they pushed off the ending of the current event arc. Draconi was too busy with his flamethrower.

J

jack flash

not her, she is just a voice

i mean the acct manager people at EA, someone who can listen and do something

sadly the houses,castles etc are being replaced now so its getting to late for a revert

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i placed a keep where mine was so revert away!
actually no, dont, as a player of many years i remember the reverts where i lost stuff and dont want anyone to lose honestly made stuff

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if it's not working then you'll just have to find some other contact info, won't you?

Posting here and screaming isn't going to get you anywhere. I found the info that was posted. If it's not up to date that's not my fault, it's EA's. Take it up with the web designer. I'll bet [email protected] is a valid email.

J

jack flash

again, sadly that is to vague

it wil get passed about, or auto replied to

the team that are doing the bannings needs to be contactable, directly well, in fact i would have thought locking out players and "demolition pending" status would have been more helpful

what about all the players that WILL get access again, losing houses, keeps and castle etc

this is not acceptable

so i ask you, how would YOU feel, if your acct was banned, NO NO REASON

bet you would scream, but thanks for your input, but we have the 5 second details you posted

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt we'll have an official statement today.

To expect one tomorrow, however, is not unreasonable.

-Galen's player

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again, sadly that is to vague

it wil get passed about, or auto replied to

the team that are doing the bannings needs to be contactable, directly well, in fact i would have thought locking out players and "demolition pending" status would have been more helpful

what about all the players that WILL get access again, losing houses, keeps and castle etc

this is not acceptable

bet you would screem, but thanks for your input, but we have the 5 second details you posted
If my account gets banned there will be a reason. There is always a reason. You may not see it, but that doesn't mean that nothing was wrong. I'd be upset but you better believe I wouldn't be over here whining about it and flailing madly over a game. I'd just remove my payment info and wait for further information from EA, and if I didn't get a satisfying explanation, I'd go play somewhere else. QUIETLY. The number of people who are screaming their innocence to the devs on a forum I've only seen 2 or 3 direct EA representatives ever read or respond to tells me that they are either not really looking for dev attention or they are so desperately addicted to their pixels that they should probably sit back and take a deep breath, and think about what the time they spent in game really meant to them.

I'm sorry for everyone losing homes if they truly are innocent. It's tough to start over anywhere and I don't blame people for rage-quitting although I do find it somewhat laughable to quit before you have even gotten an answer from EA. Honestly it sounds more like hacking than EA's doing to me because as long as I have played, they locked the accounts and investigated first before destroying anything. If policies have changed I trust that they know what they're doing and will pay for any mistakes either in lost subscriptions or by putting things right with the people who they "wrongly" banned.

Edit: If it makes you happy, I went directly to EA's main support page and submitted a customer support request to have someone look at the UO contact info and make sure it's correct, fully listed, and up to date. That's the only other contact information I have for UO and I am sure you will think it's a waste of time to try it, but maybe someone will take notice and pass the message on. And if not, at least we made an attempt to get the page corrected.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

bet you would scream, but thanks for your input, but we have the 5 second details you posted
I would be very upset but then quickly look at it as an opportunity to get rid of a bad habit :p - Jokes aside, it is bit strange that they are deleting houses so fast. I hope there are no mistakes.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt if "funny" they did (at least) my banning on the WE?
I'd bet good money that the people doing the account banning are not the same people who are hired to do call center support. The dev team and other higher-ups who work odd hours can ban you any time they like, but most customer service reps don't do weekends.

J

jack flash

I I'd be upset but you better believe I wouldn't be over here whining about it and flailing madly over a game.
well tbh i quit a few months ago(again), so it does not directly affect me now, (i was thinking of returning though (again)i am just disgusted how my friends and trusted traders have been treated, sure alot of dupers (hopefully) have been caught, these peeps are not dupers

this is my point

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't judge whether or not they're dupers based on a few posts and someone saying that they're friends with the banned person.

Honestly as trusting as I am, I am more inclined to say that anyone posting here and screaming for an explanation is either really dense and completely missed whatever was wrong (in which case, I sympathize with their ignorance but I don't think the ban should be removed - they can start over with a little more common sense this time), or they are trying to cover their backsides and leave the community wondering instead of simply accepting that they were wrong.

It really doesn't matter to me whether or not they were dupers or hacked or simply mis-targeted, the point is that most of the posts I've seen against the bannings are vehemently anti-EA in their tone, are poorly written, are generally attacking the wrong things/people or seem misinformed, and to me signal that the posters are just having a childish fit.

The few people who have had the grace to post here calmly, report their ban and what they are doing now, and move on without screaming for poor Jeremy to come explain (when she probably has NO way of knowing anything about a specific ban and even if she could know is not allowed to discuss it publicly!) are fine. I just can't see the point in trying to defend your innocence by annoying half the forum. Especially when it also includes childish demands to the devs or community team, who don't work for the players (I don't care how much money we pour into UO, it doesn't go directly to our dev team), to give someone special treatment and explain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.