• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening all!

Well, big happenings in the Cobra household have kept me out of UO for a few days (and my wife wanting me to play The Other Game with her have conspired to make that near total). I'm now suffering withdraw. *twitches*

On the plus side... the missus now has a new job, and we've got all the paperwork together for filing for my greencard. Most stressful part of this is now OVER!
*runs to get mining GGS*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Marbles? What's wrong with marbles? I like marbles! Lost mine some time ago, though .....

Morning all and twitchers!

Good news that is, Cobra! Go green! Go green!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and little yous!

You have a special camp for jam making? Now that's fancy ... rolleyes:

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello yer lot!

I just went over to the lads from Catskills. They serve omelets there! If that's not posh! And all we get here is jam? No scones? Not that I am complaining, as long as there is no funny white sweet stuff on it .... now, where is that waitress gone ....

T

Trevelyan

Ew jelly - recently found out its made from COLLAGEN aka cow insides. And therefore will dissolve or something in pineapple/kiwi juice.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't talk to me about jam! I had a whole week of complaints from the 'management' over a failure to make one of these:

T

TerryFyde

JAAAAMMM'MMM'MMM SPONGE !!!!!!!!

The management did NOT and dare NOT complain, just stated facts .... "a itsy bitsy cream horn is not comparable to a Jam'mmm'mmm Sponge (true royalty of cakes)"

However, tis strange goings on when a person who will remain nameless, for fear of unfounded retribution, promises someone a Jam'mmm'mm Sponge, does not keep promise but very strangely when their grandsons arrive a few days later bakes one. Now thats ageism at its worse:grrr:

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Jam Sponge.. cake? You people... with the pudding and all. I still have nightmares after one month in UK in my youth having to eat sandwich with .. mustard inside??

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Jam Sponge.. cake? You people... with the pudding and all. I still have nightmares after one month in UK in my youth having to eat sandwich with .. mustard inside??
Oooh, was there roast beef too? The only thing better than a roast beef and mustard sarnie is a roast beef and red pepper chutney sarnie. Mmmmm *drools a little*

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, over here in California, I have to spend $8 to get a jar of marmite? It's criminal that the basic necessities of life are so expensive.

And my wife puts ICE in her tea. ICE! I guess it's to make sure it's the same temperature as Boston Harbour!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and sponges!

Now, we just found out that our local supermarket is now stocking Marmite and Branston relishes! It's ridiculously expensive and they don't seem to shift anything, but what do you expect here in Germany? rolleyes:

Anyway, speaking of ageism: "Are you tired?" - "No, I am just ageing" .... well, it made me giggle when I read it the other day ...

Hey, Cobra, when is your newly-married bliss finally over and you come back to play again? Aron and I want to go and get killed at far-from-the-next-ankh places! :gee:

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooh, was there roast beef too? The only thing better than a roast beef and mustard sarnie is a roast beef and red pepper chutney sarnie. Mmmmm *drools a little*
Thank heavens no. No roast beef! Just.. two white slices of bread with mustard inside. The local Pizza Hut got a good summer.

How do you eat the marmite? On bread? I have an addiction to Pesto - does marmite have the same use?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would eat marmite preferably ... not at all! It's horrible and only excentric English people can like it ... it's probably genetics. Or being on an island for too long ... rolleyes:

K

Kiminality

That's the most terrible thing I've seen in a long time!
How dare you treat Marmite so irreverently!

Also, mustard sandwich?
I can't say I've ever witnessed such an atrocity.
Besides, horseradish > mustard.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would eat marmite preferably ... not at all! It's horrible and only excentric English people can like it ... it's probably genetics. Or being on an island for too long ... rolleyes:

OI, I'm Scots, not English, and I love marmite on toast with REAL butter, not these 'orrible 'pretending to be butter' spread thingys. Yeuch they are!

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is, John - I'm around a LOT, even if I'm not logging in every day... but I tend to be around from 8pm GMT onwards, due to the "other side of the world" thing.

WE'RE OUT OF MILK! I'm having to drink my morning cuppa milkless, and it's a scary world to be in.

K

Kayne

Ewww marmite is nasty - John is right only eccentrics eat it whether they be scots or english.

Mustard is also nasty!!

K

Kiminality

Ewww marmite is nasty - John is right only eccentrics eat it whether they be scots or english.

Mustard is also nasty!!
Thems fighting words where I come from.
Marmite's one thing, but mustard, too??

Kayne's a Cylon!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and banned ones ... oh wait, if they are banned they won't read this anyway ... Morning all and still-here ones ... errr ... now I am confused :sad3:

Anyway, I was kidding with the marmite (not that it's nasty, but with the rest *g*). I certainly did not intend to insult our Scotish population here! *has fond thoughts of his bottle of Oban at home* So, are we all good again? :grouphug:

Mustard on the other hand is something completely different: mustard is yummmmmm! Mustard and roastbeef, mustard on hot dogs, mustard-sauce and boiled eggs, mustard dressing on salad ... *drools*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is, John - I'm around a LOT, even if I'm not logging in every day... but I tend to be around from 8pm GMT onwards, due to the "other side of the world" thing.
Just missing sending you into a scary place first to "test the waters" *g*

I met with Aron last night and we camped out an IDOC in Luna. I don't get the excitement of it, but I grabbed three lamp posts, so the over-an-hour-wait was not in vain :thumbup1:

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. In my quest to sort out my imbuing gump I tried to find my character file. Were none in my UO folder. So I figure a reinstall might fix it.

As I am downloading the patches I find the correct folder in my Documents and Settings file.
D'oh!

What's your Homer Simpson-moment of the day?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. In my quest to sort out my imbuing gump I tried to find my character file. Were none in my UO folder. So I figure a reinstall might fix it.

As I am downloading the patches I find the correct folder in my Documents and Settings file.
D'oh!

What's your Homer Simpson-moment of the day?

Going to google half a dozen times to look up 'neurolinguistic programming' and forgetting what it was I wanted to look up as I got there!

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deleting the char file didn't sort the problem however I did the imbuing anyways. That was maybe for the best, then I didn't see how little chance on imbuing I had :D

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deleting the char file didn't sort the problem however I did the imbuing anyways. That was maybe for the best, then I didn't see how little chance on imbuing I had :D

If you're online tonight, I will go and fetch you a crystal ball of knowledge. Nifty lil doodad, sits in your pack and tells you the difficulty level of whatever you're training. Make sure you're at optimal and off you go :)

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're online tonight, I will go and fetch you a crystal ball of knowledge. Nifty lil doodad, sits in your pack and tells you the difficulty level of whatever you're training. Make sure you're at optimal and off you go :)
Thanks for the crystal ball of knowledge! It was really helpful! Just did a 1.4 taming gain-session! Was taming at to low skill and it went much faster when I reached the opt level!

K

Kayne

It's only cos you're hearing it in my voice now you know what I sound like.

Be grateful Gam didn't spot it :D
You're right Gam would have a field day with that one.

You're both terrible but I luv the pair of ya

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're right Gam would have a field day with that one.

You're both terrible but I luv the pair of ya

No, we're wonderful. We put up with you, make you laugh and luv you back. Ok, we occasionally make take the mickey something dreadful, but you wouldn't have us any other way!

K

Kayne

No, we're wonderful. We put up with you, make you laugh and luv you back. Ok, we occasionally make take the mickey something dreadful, but you wouldn't have us any other way!
I'm offended, you PUT up with me. Thanks alot :p

You're right though this game would never be the same if I didn't have the pleasure of knowing you two

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I geeky now? Following the LHC on twitter and webcast. Apparently they are at 3.5 TEV. I have no idea what that means, but I think they mean that is good... Next try coming up in 20 min. Hope everything works this time. Multitasking with bods..

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm multi tasking too. I'm trying to pack for two weeks, for myself and 5 other people. Four of those five are being uncooperative and the other keeps saying things like 'whatever you think dear' in answer to questions like 'which clothes do you want to take?'. Just to add to the general fun, the kids are winding each other (and me) up, and the road we were planning to take is now closed due to snow, so breaking the journey by camping for a night is out of the question, but we need to be prepared in case we get stuck. So a quick visit to the beach to stock up on sand, and adding shovel, camping stove, basic food and soup and extra blankets to the list of things to go in the bus. It's a bloody good job it's a big bus!

Serafi, someone on another board posted about the Hadron Collider today, but, unfortunately, he got his 'd' and his 'r' muddled up in the word 'Hadron'. Best giggle I've had all day!

K

Kayne

I heard about the media mistake over on another forum today. Bloody hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.