• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some one tell me what the point of that thing is? Other than chucking money that could be spent elsewhere into a bottomless pit?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some one tell me what the point of that thing is? Other than chucking money that could be spent elsewhere into a bottomless pit?
Here is the link to their press release.

As I understand it, their quest is to measure what happened right after the Big Bang, and their goal is to answer a multitude of questions about how the universe - and we, came to be and how forces of nature interact. Chucking money into a bottomless pit? Perhaps - but it can lead to some major discoveries that actually might turn what we thought we knew upside down. I don`t really understand any of it I think, I am not a particle physicist - but I value the significance.

K

Kayne

They are trying to discover what happened during the big bang and also whether Dark Matter actually exists by smashing atoms into each other at extremely high speeds.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to come up with something equally funny as the last 3 posts, but came up empty. I am babbling anyway!

It`s true now - spring is here. Yay! The reluctant white fluff will eventually go away.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening all babblers. Been catching up on the ongoing quest now, doing it on 4 characters. Really nice to see the traffic down there, like Piccadilly Circus in rush hour? I was even able to get a rez when that fire demon got too close.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello folks *waves* I'm back! Got in last night after 32 hours travelling. Had almost 12 hours sleep, so I'm starting to get myself together to spend the day unpacking, tidying up and working out where the HUGE rug my parents gave me should go.

So, what've I missed?

K

Kiminality

See, I go away for a week, and I have to pick this thing up off the floor?
Shameful...

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone got a spare house to give me?

Finding 2500-5000 tailor bods at an IDOC do fill up your house storage fast.

And now I need leather.

Guess its a good way to legend tailoring though.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone got a spare house to give me?

Finding 2500-5000 tailor bods at an IDOC do fill up your house storage fast.

And now I need leather.

Guess its a good way to legend tailoring though.

Set up some storage vendors hun. That way you keep the bods and they don't show on your storage. And if you don't set the prices, no one can buy them :)

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah sorted it with a few vendors so now I got a little room for more crap :D
Thanks for the tip!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm nervous! I've done something really, really arrogant this week and I'm not at all sure how it's going to go down with the posters.
*bites nails*

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm nervous! I've done something really, really arrogant this week and I'm not at all sure how it's going to go down with the posters.
*bites nails*

*has read all about it*

Relax, it's a wonderful idea, makes everyones life easier and it'll be just fine - they'll love it :)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bites nails*
*hasn't read about it*

Any of em complain, send Terry round to *reason* with em........

:gun:

I'll watch...............:popcorn:

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bites nails*
It can't be all that bad, we've still got our user accounts, the forums are still running and I don't think the Stratics site has been deleted yet.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I divided the Ter Mur map into regions to create spawn maps, and gave the regions names.
Turns out I shouldn't have bothered. They already have names, if you use UOC. I don't, so I didn't know.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slow week in the Babble Thread.........

Topic of the day is.............................

Fish

Babble on !!

:popcorn:

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're playing Rock Paper Scissors?

So what beats Anime?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello babblers!

Reading up on the latest events. You people have been busy!

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Daily Mail :p
It gets it's knickers in a twist about silly things (like Anime, "violent" video games, the BBC paying it's staff) from time to time, and half it's writers babble incoherently.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've lost the 'babble' I can't remember how to do it. :(
Babbling is like cycling, you never forgot how, you might just need a push to get started.

Alternatively, grab a bottle of scotch, have a few drinks and see if that helps.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK......everyone look around for Petra's Babble
It must be here somewhere

Is there a reward?
Cakie?

:)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Current mood is 'stressed'.
I made a decision, it was very hard to do and took me weeks of agonised thinking. Lots of people gave their points of view and I took them all into account. I think it was the right choice, but a whole bunch of people don't agree and can't see why I've done it. :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Current mood is 'stressed'.
I made a decision, it was very hard to do and took me weeks of agonised thinking. Lots of people gave their points of view and I took them all into account. I think it was the right choice, but a whole bunch of people don't agree and can't see why I've done it. :(

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You must be stressed if you are double posting, respected lady.

Take a deep breath and a cup of tea, and repeat "It's only a game..."

And most people here are very grateful for your efforts, even if a minority like to winge.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that was her Babble manifesting itself.......

sod em Petra......people will always act in their own self-interest

:gun:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You had that in your kitchen, lying around?

Can I come and live with you, please?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all and cookie-people!

Now, it's exactly a week since the last babble. Being German, I thought I just blitz in a bit and let you all know I am still alive.

Sooooo ... what's for breakfast? :popcorn:

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Porridge! :D
*Waits, ready to duck for any rotten tomato someone *cough* Barian *cough* might throw in her direction*

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmmm.... porridge!
My beloved has taken to eating it with chopped bananas and raspberries.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing's for breakfast... I was up all night in agony with stomach ache, at one point literally curled up on the bathroom floor :( I think it might be a reaction to a new cheese I tried, but either way to be safe I'm not eating today to give my stomach a rest. And has John blitzed into my house and worked that SRC magic? No, he's not even been online today! So much for the Sosaria Red Cross :p

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG......Porridge in the Babble Thread again

I blame Petra

:sad3:

Status
Not open for further replies.