• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning people :)

Bah - i spend to long in game again last night *yawns* - but i am kind of
occupied with a small project i am working on - will keep you updated once its
in a state to be puplished ;)

Yeah indeed - seems people make a short appearence here and vanish again -
i would never had done such a thing *nodnod*

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Errr ... you can minimize the space that bombastic soulforge occupies? Or did I mis-understood something? Could it be, that it's possible that this monstrosity doesn't need to take up the whole ground floor of my humble abode in Moonglow?
Yes indeed! The working soulforge is actually only one tile - the anvil like things on the south and east. One tile of one of them is enough to make it work. I used the ladder method on my roof as described in home and castles forum, placed goza mats and then the soulforge on top. Lowered the tile I wanted down to floor and broke the rest. 2 floors under that one tile I still have access to it as if it was still 4x4. I now have my main room back, and pondering what I am going to do with all this space.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't absolutely have to use ladders though, I did mine on my shop roof on Siege without them. Need to raise the gozas 13 times each. It can't be done inside though :(

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dear, information overload: peerless, goza mats, ladders, rooftops ... :stretcher:

It's only Monday and I already feel tired *g*

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm - does that work on the stone tables as well? - There where so nice
Designs possible when you could chop them up in parts instead of redeed
them - and was better for the crafter community as well :)

*makes note to check out homes and castles*

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm - does that work on the stone tables as well? - There where so nice
Designs possible when you could chop them up in parts instead of redeed
them - and was better for the crafter community as well :)

*makes note to check out homes and castles*
Yes - it still works on stonetables. You can mix and match colours to your hearts delight, as long as you have a steady supply of stone. Goza mats is the best deco tool available, in addition to the deco tool itself :)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn.......we'll be seeing Kofu's wallet in here next.......rolleyes:

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's that, 3 or 4 "oldies" (not including the oldies who never left...) posting in here in the past few days...

Damn, they're like busses, you don't see one for ages, then you get a bunch of them arriving together :)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It stopped raining here, so you should be alright somewhen soon-ish. We're having snow for 2 months now, and the moment it started melting the rain sets in. Now that's too much water for my taste ... :( Berlin has become the Lake District ...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It just keeps snowing here. And snowing, and snowing and snowing. I haven't seen so much snow for almost 20 yrs. It's very pretty, but a little disturbing when it's so thick the satellite tv can't pick up a signal and stutters to a halt! It melts a little during the day, then freezes hard and snows again in the night. The poor dog is confused; I can take him on a rare winters hill walk atm, because the ground is frozen, but, sadly, so are his favourite peat bogs. He bounds along, then his legs go in four different directions, instead of splashing as they normally would!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and weather-people!

It's snowing here again ... would you believe it? I blaim Caill for it ....

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am not so sure about that. The weather report is always blaming high or low pressure zones coming from the Hebrides for out weather ... how do we know you're not dancing around on a rock, scantily dressed and with a feather in your hair, sending the clouds over to "the Continent"? I've seen stranger things than that rolleyes:

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice warm and spring-weather in Frankfurt - you keep the cold in the east and
north please - its still wet here though - so some sun would be nice :)

hmm - on a second thought: would heavy snow delay my dentist-date?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am not so sure about that. The weather report is always blaming high or low pressure zones coming from the Hebrides for out weather ... how do we know you're not dancing around on a rock, scantily dressed and with a feather in your hair, sending the clouds over to "the Continent"? I've seen stranger things than that rolleyes:

Of course I am - nice to see it's working rolleyes:

This whole scantily dressed/naked thing is highly overrated; quite apart from the normal hazards of the climate here (35mph hailstones) there's the whole aspect of spiky stuff underfoot too! I do believe I'll stick to my stout boots and standard 'michelin woman' look in winter!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening all and weather fairies.
Note that our respected moderator hasn't denied the feather.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm - on a second thought: would heavy snow delay my dentist-date?
I can attest that heavy snow will delay any outside activity for a very long time, even the whole "get to work in time" thing. I look outside and really hope it will all be gone in a month, as it should, but I have my doubts..

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and The Rest!

Now, here's the daily weather update from the eastern colonies: it's dry and sunny, no wind and it definetely looks like spring might get the upper hand at last. Did you ever notice, that the weather people on BBC World often look like they might have been school bullies in their first career? Or is that just me .....

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and colonials! (Isn't that Koln, though, not Berlin?)

Raining again here. Or rather still.

K

killerspoon

What's that, 3 or 4 "oldies" (not including the oldies who never left...) posting in here in the past few days...

Damn, they're like busses, you don't see one for ages, then you get a bunch of them arriving together :)
Buses you say?

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out here in the western colonies, it's warm and sunny (with a hint of possible rain).

Whatever happened to good manners at the events? I was very disappointed to see Nathan getting told to stick his reports where the sun doesn't shine (A small valley near Lancre, if memory serves).

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There we were talking about snow and just as we finished talking a heavy storm
made all weather discussion looks like fairy-tales.

Well - spend the whole day yesterday at home - hiding from the winds and the
things it throw at people - some of it even in the cellar (though more because
our home cinema is locarted there than to hide from the storm ;))

Last nights event was fun - as far as i saw nobody was left behind and there
were many people arround - the gathering in vesper was quite a thing to see,
almost like the start of a parade ;)

Some people might have been not happy with no special-event-items were
handed out - but others were happy about that - and just the fact that
the one kind might be a bit louder than the other kind doesnt change the
balance :)

A lot others were just the usual mix of making fun, roleplaying, beeing serious,
beeing not serious, beeing crazy, wanting to look cool, wanting to impress, etc.

A mix that grows with the amount of people involved - so i am happy with it :D

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fun event today, despite the "WE WANT ITEMZ!" crowd (limited to one person, fortunately).
Nice to see so much thought, characterization and the like. Even if I did slip up and give Cobra Ugluk's accent at one point :p

And now, time for me to go get the results of my blood test (if I have any, etc), which is the latest step of getting to stay with my wife in the US.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.........plants, I decide I want one of each colour so that I can grow them to make dyes. I've got most colours, but not purple. So I cross a red and a blue plant and the menu after the crossing shows the seeds will be........

Black! Doh! The one time I *don't* want a mutant plant

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.........plants, I decide I want one of each colour so that I can grow them to make dyes. I've got most colours, but not purple. So I cross a red and a blue plant and the menu after the crossing shows the seeds will be........

Black! Doh! The one time I *don't* want a mutant plant

Um, since you can mix pigments, would it not be easier just to mix a blue and a red pigment? No danger of mutations, just nice purple stain :)

Alternatively, you could shout me in game and I can give you any number of purple seeds. Just a thought!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
um. There's an answer to that one, only I just can't think of it right now. :D.

Yes of course I can just grow red and blue plants and mix the dyes. Can I put it down to a 'senior moment'?
I used to have 'blonde moments' but then I went grey.

Oh well, the black plants will come in handy, I like the darker shades of most of the colours.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and senior citizens! (or is that not PC anymore and one has to say something else? I can never keep track of those excentric British language twists rolleyes:)

Plants, huh? I decided to take out the hundreds of seeds I have stashed away for, errr, years and see if they are still alive. You should see my roof-top kitchen! I have to walk around hedges, vines and mossy trees to get to the cutlery now. Who would have thought that something so big can grow out of a tiny bowl ...

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't think the box to do that was back yet, are they not still sorting out the bug with it?
I checked it on Sunday and the box was not back yet ... I will probably have a whole forest of mossy trees before it is.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm - keep the non stacking seedsa - they might become rare one day :)

anybody want to buy non stacking clockwork assemblys? 70 mil each - doesnt
spawn anymore :D

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that like "daytime"?

*Does the fastest runner you've ever seen*

So, I guess Kimi got away just in time in her running shoes.

Afternoon all babblers. I am in that phase wheres theres loads of things I want to do ingame, but either have no time to play, or the hardware doesn`t support it. Deployed to laptop:(

The white fluff is melting though. Good stuff!

K

Kiminality

So, I guess Kimi got away just in time in her running shoes.
No such luck, she caught me in IRC :<

Morning all you poor people who don't have firebreathing sausages.
Or afternoon...

K

Kayne

Evening Babblers.

Looks like i got away with my respected comment even if Kimi got caught.

I shouldn't have broken that damn seed table its a pain in my behind

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening Babblers.

Looks like i got away with my respected comment even if Kimi got caught.

I shouldn't have broken that damn seed table its a pain in my behind
You know me better than that by now; I'm saving it for a future occasion :p

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chops onion*

We can make you into a stuffing

Anyone got a Turkey?

rolleyes:
Well, that joke was :lol:

Morning all and runners!

Now that all the white fluffy stuff is gone, we had lots of white hard stuff falling from the sky yesterday. Isn't it time for Spring yet? *checks calendar* Pffft ... another 2 1/2 weeks ...

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and turkeys!
We have had a couple of springlike days here in Devon.
I think it is a tease.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know exactly what the weather is thinking: "See, winter is over, I'll bring you some wonderful spring days ... *whack* ... have some snow and rain! *cackles*"

:lick:

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The weather here hasn´t even bothered with any spring teasers, but keeps whacking us in the head with piles of snow. Last week we had to shovel off a snow-filled balcony. Woke up this morning, and lo and behold, the white fluffy had piled up to window height. Again. *Sighs*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Friday again. Another update due tonight. One of these days I'll actually catch up with the task!

Status
Not open for further replies.