• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra is fighting fires in that nasty UHall where bad boys go.

You want to talk cake, Barian?

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oooh, I love cake, I could probably manage about 8 bits of that one at the moment...

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and AAs!

Nothing's for breakfast... I was up all night in agony with stomach ache, at one point literally curled up on the bathroom floor :( I think it might be a reaction to a new cheese I tried, but either way to be safe I'm not eating today to give my stomach a rest. And has John blitzed into my house and worked that SRC magic? No, he's not even been online today! So much for the Sosaria Red Cross :p
Sorry to hear about the curling and all! If I hadn't been busy dieing because my speaking macro wouldn't work properly in the EC and therefore getting stomped several times by ore ellies in Delucia (and my poor beetle too :sad3: ), I sure would have tried to help.

Now that was an overly complicated sentence, so I think I have to lie down for a bit .... :stretcher:

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have a Pm fluffi (I sent one before the forums went down yesterday), i'm not sure why it wasn't letting you pm me, as it looked like i'd got it turned on.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Peace at last! Now we just gotta clean up the mess. Amazing how many knives came out to stab us in the back with misinformation and outright malicious lies.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I had to guess, I would say that this concerns the fallout over the OTNHB debacle.

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT the place to discuss this.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all sorted now, apart from various spurious claims that we can't do much about. We can deny them till the cows come home, the only response we'll get is 'coverup'.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know, nothing at all.

Busy days. Gotta try to get the treasure hunt section tidied up, there's a lot of it.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sits down and reads a magazine*

Babble Thread is quiet these days...............:(

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beg to differ..........not Babbling will kill it

:lol:

*passes coffee*

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bought some top soil to level lawn off from a certain well known DIY store and now I keep finding shards of broken glass everywhere I put the soil down. Shame theres not a magent for glass invented.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only after it was well and truly emptied I sincerely hope!

We're trying to get our lawn* sorted here, which includes levelling it (shifting a huge pile of soil left over from the garage foundations 20 odd years ago and using it to level the main part of the garden), and part of that has included sifting it to get rid of the larger stones/junk that were in it, and it's amazing the amount of glass that is being thrown up.
Hopefully we'll get be ready to seed it again in the next couple of weeks, we're just about ready to spread the sifted soil and hopefully level the dip around the Christmas tree :)

*Well moss really rather than lawn...

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish we had enjoyed the drink before we were left with the many different coloured bottle shards. Sadly the top soil we bought turned out to be still decomposing compost, which has included bits of plastic bags, cloth, a alot of broken glass, small stones, which did not realise till it rained recently and the dirt around the glass etc has started to reveal its hidden contents. Whats more annoying we paid for the best the shop had, stating top quality well sift etc etc. Oh well winge over time to open a bottle

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a good XP spot to level your lawn. :lol:
I think I found one, with a great spawn rate as well, I just hope that a Rotavator and electric scarifier aren't unapproved tools, and dozing in the hammock whilst the sprinkler is on doesn't count as unattended macroing.

Flame, that sound very similar to my dad's experience years ago when buying turf and soil from garden centres, it tended to be very low quality :(
One of the reasons we're aiming to reseed the lawn ourselves once it's levelled (the other being that laying turf would still have required it to be levelled).

C

chardin sher

Well I'm not what shocks me more the babble thread still running or Barian still in it!

I left UO in 2005 and he was babbling then surely he can't have been babbling for the last 5 years??

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean no disrespect, so don't take it that way. but if you left in 05, why are you still here?!

C

chardin sher

I came back on a 14 day free account just to see what was happening in old UO, The startics account was from way back when I did play!

Yes m8 I did mention your name!!

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did you do what some returning vets have done? Run from New Haven to Brit West and think the game was dead...er than it is?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Barian, from Tennyson's "Song of the Brook"

I chatter over stony ways, In little sharps and trebles;

I bubble into eddying bays, I babble on the pebbles.

With many a curve my banks I fret, By many a field and fallow,

And many a fairy foreland set With willow-weed and mallow

I chatter, chatter, as I flow To join the brimming river;

For men may come and men may go, But I go on forever.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe careful Cailleach, I don't want to be fielding 'mod abuse' reports :D

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yellow card...........Cailleach..............unnecessary violence