• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gypsy wagons for players

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Colgarra I'm liking what you have so far my suggestions on that would be the "Wagon" would be more like a house 4x6 or so.... have say 450 storage... mobile and like a boat it would have to be "refreshed" you would be able to "Link" it to a house you own on your shard or your bankbox on a shard where you don't have a house. Like the new boats they should have 2 or 3 spots where you can place one or two tile objects so you could place things like a small forge, anvil, loom, spinning wheel, one tile soulforge, etc. for crafter's to "work" out of.

This would also serve like a vendor and have a "vendor slot" which would work to sell things just like a normal vendor would or you can use it as a mobile Magincia type vendor..... as in buying and selling..... and vending pets...... This way it could serve more like a real carnival type system.... think of rares fest mobilized... limited to one per account/shard. So if you wouldn't have one person having 7 of them out in front of their house blocking up everything...... It would also be subject to the same rules as a house in regards to having flat land...... so you wouldn't have them all over illsh etc...

If they decay then they return to your house sign or bank box however you just have a deed and the stuff they held would be in a pack like the vendors do that are only held for a limited time before dropping to the ground for anyone and everyone to loot. Could put an "unclaimed" box at Brit Bank for the unclaimed stuff from them to "fall in" should someone abandon it and not salvage the stuff out of their bank box in time. Unlike pack animals you could pack them up and move them when full they would act like new objects in your house and turn into a barrel when you carry it. However to avoid exploits again you can only have one per account/shard and since they hold 450 storage in your house or bankbox you won't be able to access what's in them unless they are set up somewhere out in the world.

For RP and for anyone this would be a really awesome asset ....... think of the possibilities of having a Fair or Carnival or something...

One thing I'd love to see on them would be a special "Trade" window where someone could place an item in it for a crafter to repair... Bring back the crafters. Would be nice if you could set up "shop" so to speak and do live repairs again... Dream of mine. I HATE what the repair deeds have done to community. I always said before that NPC vendor shops should have been given some sort of "box" where someone could drop in an item and get a gump that would say "What do you want done with this item: Repair it, Enhance it, Imbue it? They choose what they want done...... If they choose Enhance then they get "What material do you want this enhanced with?"....... if Imbue "What properties do you want added to this?" Then finally they get the "Who would you like to employ to do this work for you?" And they get a targetting cursor to target a nearby player or even the NPC... and NPC's would set a price to do the work or the player would be able to quote them a price for the work ..... and both the crafter and the owner of the item can see if it succeeds or not. If it fails no money exchanges if it succeeds money is then withdrawn from the owners bank and deposited in the crafters bank..... or in the case of using an NPC it works like a gold sink...... Make it pretty expensive to use an NPC.... and remember that NPC's are only GM they aren't Legendary.... and can't use the Queens Soulforge either so hiring a player to do your work is FAR more beneficial but you can in a pinch get the work done by an NPC especially in the case of repairs even with no crafter/players around..... much like the vet NPC's.... And NPC's that enhance will require you to give them the needed boards or ingots to do the work and are subject to failing since they won't be able to use the 100% success tool... like a player/crafter can. Dream of mine... but I think it would bring life back to crafting.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I skipped a bunch of posts since it's late, so if someone else had these ideas already sorry!

Yes to gypsy wagons, love the gypsy trailer park, ha.

Gypsy caravan events would be awesome, either player or EM arranged. I can see the Rares events run from a player run gypsy caravan.

We'd need a fold down tailgate/rear door for one or more gypsy dancer(s) to stand and dance on.

:)

I think I'd say no to them providing permanent storage though, I own too much junk already.

Some years ago I requested flower carts that we could push about town and sell flower arrangements from. Allow the properly skilled player to snip current plants into bouquets/arrangements/single roses we can hold. Might need to add a gardening or florist skill.

In the same vein if we get consideration for new vehicles an npc or player run passenger coach from Britain to Trinsic and all other long roads between towns sounds like fun.

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
...Yes to gypsy wagons, love the gypsy trailer park, ha.
Check

Gypsy caravan events would be awesome, either player or EM arranged. I can see the Rares events run from a player run gypsy caravan.
Check

We'd need a fold down tailgate/rear door for one or more gypsy dancer(s) to stand and dance on.
Fun idea,but because of the complexity of that coding - falls into the category of asking for too much.

I think I'd say no to them providing permanent storage though, I own too much junk already.
Sorry but I have to disagree here.... Their ability to provide some modicum of storage while they are on ground, in place - is a huge part of what we're wanting. We all own too much stuff... That's what trash cans, points collections and needy friends are for.

Some years ago I requested flower carts that we could push about town and sell flower arrangements from. Allow the properly skilled player to snip current plants into bouquets/arrangements/single roses we can hold. Might need to add a gardening or florist skill.
Another fun idea, but not related to Gypsy Wagons - the subject at hand here.... But would be great fun, for later....

In the same vein if we get consideration for new vehicles an npc or player run passenger coach from Britain to Trinsic and all other long roads between towns sounds like fun.
The Gypsy Wagon concept has already had "mobility" reduced to being "placed" in an open spot, Kyronix has said as much - due to the terrain issues. Most of us have accepted that and moved on... Please join us. ;)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..... Sorry but I have to disagree here.... Their ability to provide some modicum of storage while they are on ground, in place - is a huge part of what we're wanting. We all own too much stuff... That's what trash cans, points collections and needy friends are for....
Yes, and I would add - vendors, if you have too much stuff. Gypsy Wagons need to have the ability to store items. Maybe only 125 but I'd opt for something like 300 personally, but definitely should have some storage.

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I think I failed to make what I said about a vendor clear enough....
When I said "I would add - vendors" , I was referring to the post that I quoted from a slave girl - who said she didn't want any permanent storage associated with Gypsy Wagons, that she had "too much junk already". I posted that if you have too much junk, then that's what trash cans, collection points and friends are for - and meant to add vendor to THAT list.... Not the Gypsy Wagons. If they are to be treated as the land version of a boat, then you have to take everything off of it in order to move it somewhere else... Sorry for the misunderstanding, I could have done a better job wording that one.... :rolleyes:

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is a really great idea myself..
I envision programming wise an intentionally slow redone artwork from a pack animal to something probably more simple like a mining cart or gem cart wagon look that can hold the same as a pack animal x2. Although i don't envision it as a home, instead you need to return it to your home and lock it down before logging out, but it is bonded and will recall with the owner. (also it can be set to guild, party members for play and for a fee used similarly to a bag of sending).
The idea is Amazing and i can see guilds or players/parties making small campgrounds of these outside dungeons or spawns as they go in and out collecting resources or using it to hold gold for longer play times. (inside dungeons..a big no)
It could also open up alot of new artwork ideas.. such as a logging cart, mining cart, gem cart, trappers cart, britainian cart.. ect.
Maybe a vet reward, as long as its treated with the same rules as a pack animal.
It might have to have a time delay put on it though should a character be accidentally logged out or crash from the game.. so that it remains in place before disappearing. (not sure how this would work but it seems to work with pack animals this way as they wander)
I think for factions it might also be a good fit hueing them with different faction colors or possibly a second option as a movable cannon that fires for damage."enter the artillery" or a magical one that creates a faction moongate from the battlefield to faction headquarters. (not allowing city stone passages.)

I think this is a step forward.. i hope its reviewed well (great suggestion Old Gypsy)

-jill

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check

Check

Fun idea,but because of the complexity of that coding - falls into the category of asking for too much.

Sorry but I have to disagree here.... Their ability to provide some modicum of storage while they are on ground, in place - is a huge part of what we're wanting. We all own too much stuff... That's what trash cans, points collections and needy friends are for.

Another fun idea, but not related to Gypsy Wagons - the subject at hand here.... But would be great fun, for later....

The Gypsy Wagon concept has already had "mobility" reduced to being "placed" in an open spot, Kyronix has said as much - due to the terrain issues. Most of us have accepted that and moved on... Please join us. ;)

Okay, let me explain that the real honest reason I say no to free storage in gypsy wagons is that means less subs to help keep UO alive. Didn't want to say it and be Debbie Downer so close to Xmas but hey, guess I was speaking to softly so have to pull out the big stick.

Honestly, being a player who owns too much junk, I'm all for free storage and less sub fees, but I well know it means a speedier death to UO.

Okay with the idea of placing an NPC vendor on the gypsy wagon to sell items from for mobile selling... So long as there are vendor fees involved etc.

Yes my flower cart idea isn't a gypsy wagon, it was an idea I had and posted here back in the day when there were actually PEOPLE at Brit bank, I don't recall how many years and dev changes ago, so to be honest, you are right, it's an idea that has no place in this thread or in a game that doesn't have enough players left to appreciate it anymore.

As for my mobile coach on the road rides idea and the devs saying wagons can't be mobile, I don't bother reading the dev posts since I can't post there. I have this crazy idea that a discussion forum that doesn't allow me to discuss is pointless, and, like my flower cart idea, doesn't belong here either.

Merry Xmas!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's totally not about the storage. WOW did you guys miss the whole point. It's not going to cost any subscriptions. Don't be ridiculous.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's totally not about the storage. WOW did you guys miss the whole point. It's not going to cost any subscriptions. Don't be ridiculous.
125 items stored beside your house means you get to keep an extra 125 items without paying for an extra house (read extra subscription fee). Also might mean for some that you don't have to buy storage upgrade codes etc.

It's a good idea for fun, landscape deco and mobile sales but we don't need it to allow us to hoard more junk.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
125 items stored beside your house means you get to keep an extra 125 items without paying for an extra house (read extra subscription fee). Also might mean for some that you don't have to buy storage upgrade codes etc.

It's a good idea for fun, landscape deco and mobile sales but we don't need it to allow us to hoard more junk.
For me a gypsy camp is a non-perminant thing, which means the camp must be picked up and moved after a certain amount of time. I don't think the OP is asking for another small house.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
125 items stored beside your house means you get to keep an extra 125 items without paying for an extra house (read extra subscription fee)...

A couple of things:
1 - If you go back and read what has been said regarding the Gypsy Wagon itself, it has been suggested that they be treated like a boat - that can be placed on a flat spot of land big enough, and have the same decay rules as a boat (not a house). So your concern about people using these for "permanent" storage isn't warranted.
2 - Even IF it were treated as some sort of small house (which I'm sure it won't be), what's the big deal about having a bit more storage? I mean, what would that hurt? Especially if it were the same for everyone, which it would be...

Imagine the Gypsy Wagon to be like a boat, with a deed to place it. Instead of placing it on the water, you plop it down on any flat piece of land that is big enough... (4x4?). Then, just like a boat, it has storage. And, just like a boat, it decay's if you don't attend it. And, again like a boat, you can pick it up (after you empty it) and move it to another place to plop it down again... How kewl would that be? ;)

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Think about it this way, boats have storage and boats do not replace the buying of extra storage for accounts or cost account subscription fees. Most people have lost a lot of boats due to forgetting to refresh it so they aren't really used as a permanent storage replacement. I for one have lost many, many boats due to forgetting to refresh so when I do use them for storage, it is always temporary storage. I think most people are thinking about the gypsy carts in the same manner.

They would also be great for people who want to dabble on another shard but cannot place a house on that shard. A bank box does not cut it but a temporary movable thing like a gypsy cart would be perfect. Like a boat, it would need to be refreshed or you lose it. No real safe way to use it to hoard junk. I don't think it would cost them any money or accounts but might help save some. Just my 2 cents...

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boats can be and are used for permanent storage by some, despite the fact they have to be refreshed every 7 days. Before High Seas limited us to one per char some people had entire flotilla's of them. Between one boat per char x 6 chars (for those who don't buy the 7th char upgrade), 6 boats @ 125 storage each, one garden shed @ however much storage it has and now a gypsy wagon with 150-450 storage, you are looking at quite a bit of "free" storage in my opinion.

I did realize there have been incidents in the past that created problems when things were moved across server lines, so mobile gypsy wagons/coaches that travel between towns would no doubt result in multiples of something, most likely chars of players we can all barely stand one of.

But back to the issue at hand, gypsy wagons.

Gypsies haul everything they own in their wagons, so for a true hard core role player gypsy style experience, should gypsy wagons make their way into the game, they SHOULD store 125 items permanently, but only if the account owns NO houses at all.

Put some real in this virtual reality.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Boats can be and are used for permanent storage by some, despite the fact they have to be refreshed every 7 days. Before High Seas limited us to one per char some people had entire flotilla's of them. Between one boat per char x 6 chars (for those who don't buy the 7th char upgrade), 6 boats @ 125 storage each, one garden shed @ however much storage it has and now a gypsy wagon with 150-450 storage, you are looking at quite a bit of "free" storage in my opinion.

I did realize there have been incidents in the past that created problems when things were moved across server lines, so mobile gypsy wagons/coaches that travel between towns would no doubt result in multiples of something, most likely chars of players we can all barely stand one of.

But back to the issue at hand, gypsy wagons.

Gypsies haul everything they own in their wagons, so for a true hard core role player gypsy style experience, should gypsy wagons make their way into the game, they SHOULD store 125 items permanently, but only if the account owns NO houses at all.

Put some real in this virtual reality.

The game is sparsely populated except for Atlantic, most shards are filled with castles and keeps while Malas has tons of housing available. It would be nice if we could have houses on other shards (not going to derail this thread but just saying) so I don't see how it would hurt having 1 gypsy wagon for other shards so people can play there with more than a bank box for storage since this game is so item driven. The gypsy wagon is also great for the main shard people play since not everyone has 5+ accounts open at a time.

As far as using boats for permanent storage, I think it is rare. I goof around with fisherman on a few different shards and I don't run into a lot of boats on the water. I am sorry but I just don't see boats or gypsy wagons hurting the game in any way due to storage since the boats have to be refreshed and the idea for the gypsy wagons is the same. The idea is also just one per account per shard, not for each character. This just a fun idea to add some rp and extra storage into the game. I see no need to have to choose between a house and a gypsy wagon. With your reasoning, we should get rid of boat storage unless you choose not to have a house. I respect your opinion, I just think that you are mistaken.

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure how much storage should be allowed on a Gypsy Wagon, but if it is to be designed to be used as the land version of a boat - then that code is already there and easy to port to the wagons. So, there's no coding reason for not having storage. And some modest amount of storage is half of what makes it such an awesome concept. The other half is the ability to use it as a temporary home. Without those two, then it might as well just be a piece of deco that you drop on the ground with no real function. If you can't log out safely in it and you can't store anything in it - then what's the point of it at all? And what's with the concern about a little more storage? How does someone elses storage hurt you in any way? Especially if you are entitled to that same small additional storage? I just don't see the logic behind not wanting any additional storage?

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure how much storage should be allowed on a Gypsy Wagon, but if it is to be designed to be used as the land version of a boat - then that code is already there and easy to port to the wagons. So, there's no coding reason for not having storage. And some modest amount of storage is half of what makes it such an awesome concept. The other half is the ability to use it as a temporary home. Without those two, then it might as well just be a piece of deco that you drop on the ground with no real function. If you can't log out safely in it and you can't store anything in it - then what's the point of it at all? And what's with the concern about a little more storage? How does someone elses storage hurt you in any way? Especially if you are entitled to that same small additional storage? I just don't see the logic behind not wanting any additional storage?

Absolutely.... Having Gypsy Wagons as a small, portable, land version of a boat would be the best thing ever for rp....

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Absolutely.... Having Gypsy Wagons as a small, portable, land version of a boat would be the best thing ever for rp....

Agree! There will be so many ways to use these - and the possibility's for RP gatherings is enormous...

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Grimm! I hope you've read this entire thread to see all the wonderful ideas, and what should be able to be done....
Well, I've read the thread, and I'm sure the current devs have too (or will).

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It is gratifying to see that I'm not alone in wishing to add a gypsy wagon for players. The feedback and all the ideas presented have been wonderful. I'm sorry I've been away from the conversation for a while -- this is a hectic season for all of us -- but after reading the posts, I'll just summarize what I think are important considerations to make the wagon most beneficial in the end:

1. The gypsy wagon should be smaller than 7x7.
2. It cannot be placed in any spot where a regular house would fit.
3. It is not mobile (not a means of transportation).
4. It should be "livable", in that you can enter it and log out in it.
5. Ideally, the owner could chose a specialized wagon (for crafting or cooking, etc.)
6. It should have very limited storage -- no more than bank box size.
7. It should decay at a steady rate. However, to prevent it from being used as a permanent home site, instead of being refreshed, it should have to be moved by the end of the decay cycle. This will further reduce any possibilities of abuse.
8. Only one wagon per account.

Anyway, that's just my take on things. But please keep the ideas and suggestions coming! :)

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi again old gypsy, I would agree with all of those - except perhaps #7, which I think needs more discussion... I just pop'd in to see what's new on Stratics and don't have time right now, but will post my ideas later today.... ;)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think it should have between 250-400 item storage

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I made a day and night version of the wagon where the lights come on and everything. It was way cool. If I recall, at the time, we didn't have a way of replacing tile art based on time of day. But that was just before the transition, so we shelved it.

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)
Oh, what I would give to see you working on this today! :)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hi again old gypsy, I would agree with all of those - except perhaps #7, which I think needs more discussion... I just pop'd in to see what's new on Stratics and don't have time right now, but will post my ideas later today.... ;)
More discussion is always a good thing. And keep those ideas coming! :)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is gratifying to see that I'm not alone in wishing to add a gypsy wagon for players. The feedback and all the ideas presented have been wonderful. I'm sorry I've been away from the conversation for a while -- this is a hectic season for all of us -- but after reading the posts, I'll just summarize what I think are important considerations to make the wagon most beneficial in the end:

5. Ideally, the owner could chose a specialized wagon (for crafting or cooking, etc.)
7. It should decay at a steady rate. However, to prevent it from being used as a permanent home site, instead of being refreshed, it should have to be moved by the end of the decay cycle. This will further reduce any possibilities of abuse.

Anyway, that's just my take on things. But please keep the ideas and suggestions coming! :)
you forgot
# 9 could also be set up for deco in your house with no added storage.Plus no freshing since its being used as a deco.
I don't need the storage, but I know others do so I would really like options both ways. I set up the light house, but havent set up a boat just use as deco.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you forgot
# 9 could also be set up for deco in your house with no added storage.Plus no freshing since its being used as a deco.
I don't need the storage, but I know others do so I would really like options both ways. I set up the light house, but havent set up a boat just use as deco.
Right about now - would be a great time for one of the dev's (like Kyronix ) to weigh in on what might be likely and what might not be likely to be coded.... I say that - because Lady Michelle's request for the Gypsy Wagon to - somehow- be allowed to be available for deco (an idea which I love) - seemed to be stretching what's likely - simply because doing so would be adding an option that doesn't presently exist - to my knowledge.

That would be the equivalent of placing the "image" of a large dragon ship as a lockdown deco item... Right?
If the Gypsy Wagons are to be used as the land based version of a boat (which seems to be the easiest model to approach given the existing code), then adding that deco option would require something like, oh, adding a single/click option to the Gypsy Wagon deed, to do a permanent convert to deco mode. If they would be willing to add that, then your #9 would be a very welcome addition to stuff that looks kewl in your house... But - if you're listening Kyronix - we'll not settle for the Gypsy Wagon to be simply deco.... We just won't..... You'd be doomed to listen to us here - complaining - for the next 15 years, and I'm sure you don't want it to come to that... and

Anyway... just sayin....

Last edited:

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I agree about the option to use it for deco, only if the other uses come first.
I wouldn't think that adding an option to the Gypsy Wagon (since it may use much of the boat code) to replace "DryDock" with "Turn to Deco" would be too hard - and then - like a ship model - it could be locked down in a house.
But again, this would be a third option after the first two (the ability to place on land and log out inside - and having some storage) are in place. Just my opinion...

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
you forgot
There would be a relatively simple way of making a small gypsy wagon available as just deco. Remember the ore/gem cart vet reward? That one is in deed form, coded and functional. There is also a non-deeded, non-functional ore cart in the game that does nothing and is used for only deco. I imagine the gypsy wagon could have two versions as well.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There would be a relatively simple way of making a small gypsy wagon available as just deco. Remember the ore/gem cart vet reward? That one is in deed form, coded and functional. There is also a non-deeded, non-functional ore cart in the game that does nothing and is used for only deco. I imagine the gypsy wagon could have two versions as well.

Yes, old gypsy - it could have two versions. However, I'm a little concerned that we don't ask the dev's for so much that they end up putting it on the back burner, forever, because of the overall complexity of what we're asking. While it would be a great piece of deco, what we really want (according to almost everyone in this thread) is for the Gypsy Wagon to be a non-rolling, land version of a boat - that can be put down/pick'd back up and moved - and that can be log'd out in, with some storage. I just think that adding the deco option may contain difficulties that go beyond what we're thinking - so I just want to re-emphasize the function that you foresaw in your OP as our prime desire.

Last edited:

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread makes me miss the old tents..I loved my tent...

Maybe add the availability to have a tent or wagon in addition to a house? Could help revitalize vending--especially with the new search :)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, old gypsy - it could have two versions. However, I'm a little concerned that we don't ask the dev's for so much that they end up putting it on the back burner, forever, because of the overall complexity of what we're asking. While it would be a great piece of deco, what we really want (according to almost everyone in this thread) is for the Gypsy Wagon to be a non-rolling, land version of a boat - that can be put down/pick'd back up and moved - and that can be log'd out in, with some storage. I just think that adding the deco option may contain difficulties that go beyond what we're thinking - so I just want to re-emphasize the function that you foresaw in your OP as our prime desire.
The gypsy wagon should be the same way the boat is it comes has a deed you click the deed you get a gypsy wagon in your pack to place it on land you click the wagon you get a image to place on land like you do the boat. I also get my gypsy wagon to also lock down so we get both. so basicly use the boat change the graphic to a gyspy wagon, and change it to be placed on land, and not on the water plus you have the option to place it in a direction you want.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I share your concerns. We do not want to ask for too much. Basically, I'm down to what I posted previously:

I think this would go a long way toward preventing exploitation or abuse, yet would provide a useful wagon that could be a great game addition for all players who wish to use it (and I believe many would).

Devs, I sincerely hope you'll revisit the request and try to make it happen for us.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all those of you who have shared both your enthusiasm and your ideas here in our Gypsy Wagon thread, I want you to know that I've posted a "formal" request for a reconsideration of the Gypsy Wagon concept today. I don't expect to hear anything from them right away, since I'm sure they're finishing up whatever holiday reprieve they got and will be working to perfect the new Vendor Search in the near future. But, hopefully in the not too distant future, we'll have an answer from them...
;)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I share your concerns. We do not want to ask for too much. Basically, I'm down to what I posted previously:

I think this would go a long way toward preventing exploitation or abuse, yet would provide a useful wagon that could be a great game addition for all players who wish to use it (and I believe many would).

Devs, I sincerely hope you'll revisit the request and try to make it happen for us.
1. The gypsy wagon should be smaller than 7x7. (if none mobile then the plot area could have the different craft theme options apon set up. Forge and anvil next to the wagon like the Ish on.) 2. It cannot be placed in any spot where a regular house would fit. (Need to also add in area that would be blocking. In front of a bridge or dungeon enterance might not be cool.) 3. It is not mobile (not a means of transportation). (would have to have a mobile land yaht version for some fun fel RPing with caravan guard mission) 4. It should be "livable", in that you can enter it and log out in it. 5. Ideally, the owner could chose a specialized wagon (for crafting or cooking, etc.) 6. It should have very limited storage -- no more than bank box size. (no more then a brit boat) 7. It should decay at a steady rate. However, to prevent it from being used as a permanent home site, instead of being refreshed, it should have to be moved by the end of the decay cycle. This will further reduce any possibilities of abuse. (must move. Hello it is a gypsy wagon. On the home deco without decay. 18x18s becoming multi level parking lots.) 8. Only one wagon per account. I think this would go a long way toward preventing exploitation or abuse, yet would provide a useful wagon that could be a great game addition for all players who wish to use it (and I believe many would). (per shard) 9. Camp areas. Placement option in a camping area that allows the plot to have vendors. Center of the camp has permanent Ish style gypsy NPC vendor area. No rent for the camp. Just have a random spawn time of a gypsy camp boss. Godzilla attack that if not stopped will just chew through the camp starting on the NPCs.

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... (Need to also add in area that would be blocking. In front of a bridge or dungeon enterance might not be cool.)
While this would be nice, I don't think that it's practical - for the same reason that they don't just take Bagballs out of the game completely. Asking the dev's to go thru the code and eliminate all spots that could be used to grief, would be an impossible task. I hope that they will simply treat the Gypsy Wagon just like a bagball in that regard - ie. if you do block players then you can be jailed and then banned on repeated offenses. That way they don't have to concern themselves with a near-impossible task of eliminating all spots that could be used for griefing..

....9. Camp areas. Placement option in a camping area that allows the plot to have vendors. Center of the camp has permanent Ish style gypsy NPC vendor area. No rent for the camp. Just have a random spawn time of a gypsy camp boss. Godzilla attack that if not stopped will just chew through the camp starting on the NPCs.

Again, while this would be nice, I don't think that it's practical. Asking the dev's to include vendors (without treating the wagon the same as a house) could be a huge stumbling block. Having traveling vendors attached to the land version of a boat would be another impossible (or at least impractical) addition because of the coding difficulties....

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to cover both. The use of crafter style placement and aviod abuse the deed option is treated as a housing plot and can be place only in such areas. Camping area uses terrain to regulate the placement areas to no more then a 7x7 locations.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's assuming they consider the deed as a house deed and not a ship deed - which (house deed) seems unrealistic. We've discussed this here, if you go back and read for the logic in treating it as a ship deed, and consider a 4x4 plot of flat land as an ocean.... in terms of using existing code and the ease of making placement possible.

Last edited:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
WEEES NEEEDS MEES WAGON, PITMUCK GOING TO HELP VESPER ALT WIF ORK PROBLEM. ICKY WANTS TO TAKES ALLA HERZ POTS AN PANS.