• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gypsy wagons for players

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Redo on the graphics for the garden shed. Bamm the gypsy wagon is born as a deco start for homes. They could also have a crypt artwork option for the shed so those that do graveyard plot theme get some love. For those that have a water theme for their home there could also be another deco option for the shed as a small boat. Pure evil at heart an undead version of Lady Justice statue balancing two chest. Hell even a less space sucking version that looks like a one space classic safe. Unless there was some sufferage for the free storage, Then Gooood job.

Any gygsy wagon static land placement would have to have a load of abuse prevention. Placement in areas that is just griefing. A way around storage issues without having to pay for a house holding account. Just seems a great goldsink engine or useful temp house for offshard operation.

Mobile gypsy wagon is a simple 360 slap and tickle of artwork over a blue/fire beetle. Having a few deco locks like a land boat for crafting storage fun seems the hard path with many factors moving so many spaces in size overland while not dropping any holdings.

Any non house deco wagon as it would play out in the PvP/RP worlds. Would they die like a pet and be looted. Or hammered till none moving till repaired. Thieving as a packy or container. Friend/foe security. And the biggy is not having wagons becoming forgotten eyesores with no Sosaria Towing Service. Decay vs Goldsink.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Inspiration is always good. Thank you, Speranza.

Unfortunately, it looks like it isn't going to happen. :(
I say its not over til we find out what anni gifts, and rewards going to be this year, and this not on the list we light our torches,grabs our pitchforks , hire some liches from the brit cemetery, and get our liche party started.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just an additional thought. I'd originally proposed making a gypsy wagon restricted to one per account. If the idea is ever implemented, however, I think it should be one per shard -- would make things easier for those with only one account to feel at home, so to speak, when they have need to play a character on another shard.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
How many Kyronix's does it take to screw in a Wagon Wheel?

:devil:

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Perhaps you could make a Wagon Test Proposal using aspects that are already in the game? For example....

Gypamma Testing - Phase 1 (Inspired by old gypsy)

Testing Area - Minoc Gypsy Tent Campsite
-Remove all static Purple Gypsy Tents South of Minoc
-Leave the Tents dirt footprint (
-Place Rentable Stalls in the tents former location (Use the current New Magincia system)
-Stall options would be based on the Gypsy tents located South of the Compassion Shrine in Ilshenar (New designs to be released in future Gypsy Theme Pack....along with new silky gypsy robes and outfits....(just trying to get their gears turning *smiles)
-Add 1 chest storage in the stall (Dig up the old code from the Player owner Green and Blue Tents and Jerryrig it into the stall code)

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*comes storming in like a coked-up old drag queen*

it's TRASH

it's TRASH

it's all TRASH

*flips a table, slaps the goblin on the arse and storms back out again*

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*lays unconsciously under the table*

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
;)
I'm rather fond of this one.... I would think no longer than what, a Bane Dragon? And way better on the eyes - with some reasonable storage. I could see a new char living out of one collecting resources in one place or another... Maybe meet a few friends at a beach for the evening...
:cool:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
;)
I'm rather fond of this one.... I would think no longer than what, a Bane Dragon? And way better on the eyes - with some reasonable storage. I could see a new char living out of one collecting resources in one place or another... Maybe meet a few friends at a beach for the evening...
:cool:

I keep dreaming... but the hope part is feeling poorly these days...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe this could be a 17th year vet reward? I have to say i would prefer to call it "traveller's wagon" Many people find "Gypsy" to be a bit derogatory / racist.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Me too. And in a game where it's perfectly acceptable to be a professional thief (or even a serial killer) I don't see why "gypsy" would be offensive to anyone. :)
AND I DONT CARE IF IT DOES OFEND SUMONE

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Just to toss in my 2 cents I hate the idea of wagons scattered all over the landscape. If that counts as a house slot I suppose it would be ok. You call recall about anywhere in a second. I don't see the point.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just to toss in my 2 cents I hate the idea of wagons scattered all over the landscape. If that counts as a house slot I suppose it would be ok. You call recall about anywhere in a second. I don't see the point.
I seriously doubt the small wagons would be a problem. They would be temporary, requiring constant relocation, and would primarily be used by role players (UO's endangered species).

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I seriously doubt the small wagons would be a problem. They would be temporary, requiring constant relocation, and would primarily be used by role players (UO's endangered species).
If they REALLY got used... I could maybe be sold on them. In general though it sounds like a lot of coding. This seems really complex to me looking at all the angles, a lot more complex than just throwing a wagon in the game. Dev resources are precious these days and I'd hate to see a lot of time spent on this as it doesn't seem to me to really do much. I really hate to rain on someones parade, but I'm not feeling it. But if they went in I'd probably not cry about it. It gives me the impression people are trying to weasel some extra housing out of the game :p It reminds me of a portable forge kinda thing. Toss a commodity deed box in one and it's farmers heaven. I dunno...

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If they REALLY got used... I could maybe be sold on them. In general though it sounds like a lot of coding. This seems really complex to me looking at all the angles, a lot more complex than just throwing a wagon in the game. Dev resources are precious these days and I'd hate to see a lot of time spent on this as it doesn't seem to me to really do much. I really hate to rain on someones parade, but I'm not feeling it. But if they went in I'd probably not cry about it. It gives me the impression people are trying to weasel some extra housing out of the game :p It reminds me of a portable forge kinda thing. Toss a commodity deed box in one and it's farmers heaven. I dunno...
I understand some players might have concerns, which is why I went into a great deal of detail earlier in the thread regarding how any potential problems might be avoided from the onset. I'm not a coder, of course, but since gypsy wagons already exist in the game, and temporary items like ships can be packed up and moved, I suspect it would require more tweaking of current code than actual new coding created.

Overall, I envision many positive benefits to players, especially to those who have any interest in advancing things that support and encourage role play.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I understand some players might have concerns, which is why I went into a great deal of detail earlier in the thread regarding how any potential problems might be avoided from the onset. I'm not a coder, of course, but since gypsy wagons already exist in the game, and temporary items like ships can be packed up and moved, I suspect it would require more tweaking of current code than actual new coding created.

Overall, I envision many positive benefits to players, especially to those who have any interest in advancing things that support and encourage role play.
Fair enough. I'll back out and not be a negative Nancy on this ;) Good luck!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still think this is pretty racist btw :)

I propose the "g" word be replaced in game with "travelers"

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I called my Hungarian friend a gypsy one time and he punched me. just sayin :)

oh and he lives in a trailer down by the river. i said "go back to your gypsy wagon you good for nothing gypsy" and then he said i was a racist ****. i wont make that mistake again! i dont want to be known as a racist! or a **** !

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

oh and he lives in a trailer down by the river. i said "go back to your gypsy wagon you good for nothing gypsy" and then he said i was a racist ****. i wont make that mistake again! i dont want to be known as a racist! or a **** !
I would tend to suspect the "you good for nothing" was what most offended him. But that's just my guess. After all, these days, everyone seems to holler "racist" about nearly every insult, whether it's true or not. :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would tend to suspect the "you good for nothing" was what most offended him. But that's just my guess. After all, these days, everyone seems to holler "racist" about nearly every insult, whether it's true or not. :)
i know, sorry its just fun giving you a hard time. its a cool idea id definitely use a gypsy trailer if it were put into the game.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think it is awesome for people who want to play on other shards and don't have the money to pay for additional accounts to place houses on other shards. Bank boxes are too small and there is no way to get something safely to another character on the same account. Since they would have to be refreshed like boats, most people won't bother with them unless they are actively playing. :)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Gypsies in Europe are really looked down upon which would explain your friend's anger. They are quite different from the Gypsies in the States.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
STILL NO WAGONS ....BAH @ DEVS
Yeah, they could talk to Drosslemyer and Dramnar for a cool design as well. I think they made a nice proof of concept for an event they will be running. Or that's my guess, I asked them about it and they said I was seeing things ;)

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, they could talk to Drosslemyer and Dramnar for a cool design as well. I think they made a nice proof of concept for an event they will be running. Or that's my guess, I asked them about it and they said I was seeing things ;)
yup same here *blinks* nope dey still der