• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe Builds

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain are there any builds you can think of without scrolls or maybe just using the Combat type scrolls at say 110 One thing that bugs me is what does a fresh tamed Cu use mana for
Oh ya all pets work fine with 110 combat scrolls. It is better to have a magic and better at 120.

This Cu has AI/Poison and 110 scrolls
upload_2019-3-1_19-34-6.png

Its kills stuff.

Real Bushido pets and beetles that cant get a magic are the only things that don't use mana quickly.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Help, please. I did most of my training (taming/lore/vet) many years ago. I have a pre-patch cu Sidhe. I’m at 120 taming, 120 lore, and 120.0 vet (finally!) But I have not used the new pet training system and don’t have a clue what I’m doing. If someone could help me figure out the first three things I need to work on, I’d really appreciate it.

Here’s my cu:

Hits 513
Stam 125
Mana 280

Str 603
Dex 125
Int 280

Barding difficulty 102.2 ( or 112.2, not sure)

Slots 4

Physical 64
Fire 45
Cold 73
Poison 31
Energy 75

Damage:
Cold 50
Energy 50
Base damage 21-28

Wrestling 100.0
Tactics 100.0
Resist 75.6
Anatomy 100.0
Healing 78.9
Detect hidden 67.2
Parry 96.8
Med 100.0
Focus 100.0

I’d like to add Chivalry, but I have no clue what else to add or in what order. I probably need power scrolls, but which ones?

Also, can someone tell me why my Cu sometimes gets confused? Is he trying to use a skill he doesn’t have? I feel like I’m the one who should be walking around with the *is confused* sign over my head!

I know I’m just practicing on this one, but I’d like to get a handle on the training system before I start working any of my other pets.

Help, please

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Help, please. I did most of my training (taming/lore/vet) many years ago. I have a pre-patch cu Sidhe. I’m at 120 taming, 120 lore, and 119.4 vet (almost there!) But I have not used the new pet training system and don’t have a clue what I’m doing. If someone could help me figure out the first three things I need to work on, I’d really appreciate it.

Here’s my cu:

Hits 513
Stam 125
Mana 280

Str 603
Dex 125
Int 280

Barding difficulty 102.2 ( or 112.2, not sure)

Slots 4

Physical 64
Fire 45
Cold 73
Poison 31
Energy 75

Damage:
Cold 50
Energy 50
Base damage 21-28

Wrestling 100.0
Tactics 100.0
Resist 75.6
Anatomy 100.0
Healing 78.9
Detect hidden 67.2
Parry 96.8
Med 100.0
Focus 100.0

I’d like to add Chivalry, but I have no clue what else to add or in what order. I probably need power scrolls, but which ones?

Also, can someone tell me why my Cu sometimes gets confused? Is he trying to use a skill he doesn’t have?

I know I’m just practicing on this one, but I’d like to get a handle on the training system before I start working any of my other pets.

Help, please
Calla do not put any scrolls on this Cu, especially if it is 4 slot. (Frankly I would release unless Blaze, or special memories one).
I would try to get a Cu with better stats : initial hit points at least 550-580, optimal 590-600, but a little difficult to find, and try to get cold and energy resists in the low side of 70's. The reason for this is the "cost" in imbuing points with the new system.
What shard you on?
If on ATL will gwt you a few Cus to get a taste of the new system. Do not scroll anything yet, esp 120's or you will regret it. Playing with a Cu at skills of 100 is perfectly fine. Later you can upgrade it with scrolls etc.

---> Also : If you just came back : Do not touch them yet if you have any of these Legacy Pets: Dread Horse (or Dreadmare, same), Bane dragon, OLD prepatch Nightmares, OLD prepatch White Wyrms, OLD Bake-Kitsune. These are now extremely valuable and they lose ALL their value if you mess them up or train them in useless specs or ways. Get more experience with training pets before you touch these. <---

Work with the new Cus, Lesser Hiryus are also awesome, train a blue Beetle or Fire Beetle to 5 slots, you may be surprised what these can do when trained. Or tame and train a variety of other creatures.
Welcome back and welcome to taming! :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Calla Lily That Cu has some really low stats and is 4 slot. A fresh tame will be 3 slots. The resists are nice. Somebody returned on LS today there were four 4 slot Cus released in Luna.

Get a new one and you can follow this guide for the first round of training.
Choosing points for a Cu slot 3 to 4. 1st points allocation

Then come back and show us what you made at that point. You can add you abilities and scrolls on the last round of training.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Calla do not put any scrolls on this Cu, especially if it is 4 slot. (Frankly I would release unless Blaze, or special memories one).
I would try to get a Cu with better stats : initial hit points at least 550-580, optimal 590-600, but a little difficult to find, and try to get cold and energy resists in the low side of 70's. The reason for this is the "cost" in imbuing points with the new system.
What shard you on?
If on ATL will gwt you a few Cus to get a taste of the new system. Do not scroll anything yet, esp 120's or you will regret it. Playing with a Cu at skills of 100 is perfectly fine. Later you can upgrade it with scrolls etc.

---> Also : If you just came back : Do not touch them yet if you have any of these Legacy Pets: Dread Horse (or Dreadmare, same), Bane dragon, OLD prepatch Nightmares, OLD prepatch White Wyrms, OLD Bake-Kitsune. These are now extremely valuable and they lose ALL their value if you mess them up or train them in useless specs or ways. Get more experience with training pets before you touch these. <---

Work with the new Cus, Lesser Hiryus are also awesome, train a blue Beetle or Fire Beetle to 5 slots, you may be surprised what these can do when trained. Or tame and train a variety of other creatures.
Welcome back and welcome to taming! :)
Thank you for the tips! I might hang on to this Cu just because he was my first, and he's pretty (pink.) I'm on Chessy. I have a dread war horse and two Legacy nightmares and a couple of dragons. I don't have a fire beetle yet, that might be fun. Thanks for the welcome back :)

Calla Lily

Journeyman
@Calla Lily That Cu has some really low stats and is 4 slot. A fresh tame will be 3 slots. The resists are nice. Somebody returned on LS today there were four 4 slot Cus released in Luna.

Get a new one and you can follow this guide for the first round of training.
Choosing points for a Cu slot 3 to 4. 1st points allocation

Then come back and show us what you made at that point. You can add you abilities and scrolls on the last round of training.
Thank you for the link!

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The goal is to have the lowest slot possible for the type of pet. Which would allow for more training points to be applied to the pet when you get it to max level. That would be a 3 slot for Cu taken to five slot. A max level pet will out perform any combo of pets that are available because of the damage output of a chiv ai pet on single targets. You could also get the trition which is a healing pet that comes in statue form , part of the new content, which sells on vendor search for less that 15 million usually. I have an easier time keeping it alive because it seems to heal more without having the bleed effect of a cu. It instantly bonds which is a plus the only downside is that you can not mount it. The giant and fire beetles make excellent pets as well and armor corruption is always a boon while group hunting. I scroll pets on the cheap and they do just a well. 115 wrestle, always 120 the magic skill, and 105 or 110 scrolls on rest of skills. Sometimes leave them gm with points left over to put scrolls on later once max level. The most effective pet is one that does damage to your targets lowest resist and you can set resist on specific pets at 80 in the areas bosses hit in. I have a custom triton for Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia. with 80 in the resist areas he does the most damage. Specific pets for certain encounters are wonderful. Play however you like, it is your dime, and have fun.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a custom triton for Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia. with 80 in the resist areas he does the most damage. Specific pets for certain encounters are wonderful. Play however you like, it is your dime, and have fun.
@The Doctor

What type of Stats and Training did you get your custom Triton to in order to make it more effective against Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer ?

Do you run any particular Mastery (what type of a Tamer is your Template ?) to support the Triton's fighting most effectively ?

Lastly, did you find your custom Triton to only be effective to solo Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer or also against other Bosses like for example Charybdis or any other ?

Thanks !

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use him in the group hunt on Saturday nights midnight on Atlantic. Resist are 80 phys 70 fire 80 cold 48 poison 87 energy. He is a Disco Feint AI pet. Hit points 800, stam 150, mana 462, str 700, dex 189, int 364, HPR 0, SR 10 and MR 30. 114 Disco at the moment. 121.4 wrestle and 110 everything else. I have taming III primer but is little use on this boss. I have run with and without pocket bard and it is still quite a bit less healing so I pop heals on everyone else there without having to focus on pet, healing gives looting rights etc, just not the non stop healing on pet it used to be so I can take my attention off and focus on surroundings. I run spellweaving III primer to help get the max focus before the event to help with Gift of Renewal which I have not had to cast much now. I have my bard on other account run 4x 120 skill peace mastery with a chiv feint ai trition with same resist spread that I never bother to heal and it lives, that toon has no magery. Going to make another bard on third account to run provo mastry 4 x120 with a bushido feint ai trition. Then I may attempt to "solo" with 3 accounts maybe. These are all paid accounts but you can do the same with an EJ pocket bard in tow not that I need one I just keep bard within 9 tiles of pets to further ease my wrist pains.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
The goal is to have the lowest slot possible for the type of pet. Which would allow for more training points to be applied to the pet when you get it to max level. That would be a 3 slot for Cu taken to five slot. A max level pet will out perform any combo of pets that are available because of the damage output of a chiv ai pet on single targets. You could also get the trition which is a healing pet that comes in statue form , part of the new content, which sells on vendor search for less that 15 million usually. I have an easier time keeping it alive because it seems to heal more without having the bleed effect of a cu. It instantly bonds which is a plus the only downside is that you can not mount it. The giant and fire beetles make excellent pets as well and armor corruption is always a boon while group hunting. I scroll pets on the cheap and they do just a well. 115 wrestle, always 120 the magic skill, and 105 or 110 scrolls on rest of skills. Sometimes leave them gm with points left over to put scrolls on later once max level. The most effective pet is one that does damage to your targets lowest resist and you can set resist on specific pets at 80 in the areas bosses hit in. I have a custom triton for Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia. with 80 in the resist areas he does the most damage. Specific pets for certain encounters are wonderful. Play however you like, it is your dime, and have fun.
Thank you!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

As a side note - a pet I find very useful is the good old blue beetle. These start at one slot so lots of training options. The hardest part is getting it from 1 slot to 2 slots. Once you get the power up you can add resist and such so that it can tank a Crazed Mage and then training is fast.

Now because it starts at one slot - it can be a nice powerful pet at 4 slots and you can hold it there. I have a 4 slot blue beetle on my thunter. Yes, it can be more powerful as a 5 slot but then I gotta walk when using it. I like to be able to ride an ethy while it fights. I'm able to use just mage healing on it and it can easily tank an ancient wyrm and greater dragon as a 4 slot.

If you are looking for the baddest pet to take the toughest monsters - this isn't it - but this is a great option that is a solid fighter AND it has a backpack to carry all its loot! I thunt with hit and it carries back all the loot from the maps. I can do all levels of maps. Keep in mind it cannot SOLO the entire spawn so I pop the chest - run away. Invis. Lure monsters one by one and he knocks them off while I ride an ethy. Then he can handle the lockpicking monsters and then the monsters 1x1 from the chests. Fairly good tank with killing power.

A 5 slot chiv mystic cu sidhe tho is a better overall fighter and killer and with the sleep spell he does better against mobs.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As a side note - a pet I find very useful is the good old blue beetle. These start at one slot so lots of training options. The hardest part is getting it from 1 slot to 2 slots. Once you get the power up you can add resist and such so that it can tank a Crazed Mage and then training is fast.

Now because it starts at one slot - it can be a nice powerful pet at 4 slots and you can hold it there. I have a 4 slot blue beetle on my thunter. Yes, it can be more powerful as a 5 slot but then I gotta walk when using it. I like to be able to ride an ethy while it fights. I'm able to use just mage healing on it and it can easily tank an ancient wyrm and greater dragon as a 4 slot.

If you are looking for the baddest pet to take the toughest monsters - this isn't it - but this is a great option that is a solid fighter AND it has a backpack to carry all its loot! I thunt with hit and it carries back all the loot from the maps. I can do all levels of maps. Keep in mind it cannot SOLO the entire spawn so I pop the chest - run away. Invis. Lure monsters one by one and he knocks them off while I ride an ethy. Then he can handle the lockpicking monsters and then the monsters 1x1 from the chests. Fairly good tank with killing power.

A 5 slot chiv mystic cu sidhe tho is a better overall fighter and killer and with the sleep spell he does better against mobs.
I’ve debated on doing this for my archer/Tamer. My thought was that I could use the beetle for RC and increasing the damage of my bow while also having extra damage AI.

I could also use Double Strike with my Yumi which requires being mounted.

Could you post some screenshots of your built 4 slot beetle?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’ve debated on doing this for my archer/Tamer. My thought was that I could use the beetle for RC and increasing the damage of my bow while also having extra damage AI.

I could also use Double Strike with my Yumi which requires being mounted.

Could you post some screenshots of your built 4 slot beetle?
Sure thing! 4 slot Blue Beetle. He's not perfect but he works for me. Obviously if I pop him to level 5 I can scroll up more stuff, add more hits etc but again I can easily solo an Ancient Wyrm. The Frost Dragons are a bit tough and require more healing but with 100 magery and some 1/4 casting and mana reduction armor - he can take them down while I heal and that's about the worst thing to pop out of a t-hunting chest.

BlueBeetle4Slot.jpg

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I would have skipped poison and added at least +5 tactics and some more hits

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since bugs have limited abilities you could use some mana regen points for HP if you want more. Especially if it is for T hunting or other short fights.

They are missing the last Damage increase. But:

upload_2019-9-6_16-32-4.png

Put 150 Stamina on yours.

Calla Lily

Journeyman

Thanks for the info. I don’t think my tamer has a blue bug yet, but he sounds fun to play with.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
I’ve started the process of training on my Cu, but where can I see the Training Menu? It doesn’t show up when I lore my pet. I use the Classic Client if that makes a difference.

What does it mean when my Cu *looks confused* when he’s fighting?

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Your training menu is available once your pet is 100% trained each level. Once you started using the menu to add stats/abilities your pet will be one slot higher. *looks confused* is a side effect of a special move , tail swipe, that he is being hit by I think.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Your training menu is available once your pet is 100% trained each level. Once you started using the menu to add stats/abilities your pet will be one slot higher. *looks confused* is a side effect of a special move , tail swipe, that he is being hit by I think.
Okay, thank you :)

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Is there a gif chart somewhere that shows the colors of the cu sidhe? I have two blue ones, but I'm not sure if they're ice blue, echo blue, or valorite blue, and I don't know what a "standard" cu looks like.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have 2 fully trained beetles, fire and giant. One thing i noticed they are not as aggressive as cu's i have. Seems like their mana is always full and you need to "all kill" them all the time to urge to fight and cast specials. With cu i have no such problem, quite the opposite. Did anyone else notice that?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 2 fully trained beetles, fire and giant. One thing i noticed they are not as aggressive as cu's i have. Seems like their mana is always full and you need to "all kill" them all the time to urge to fight and cast specials. With cu i have no such problem, quite the opposite. Did anyone else notice that?
Beetles do not have Chivalry so they use less mana. Their abilities are inexpensive in Mana costs. Including FWW.

A Bush or Ninja Hiryu also uses very little mana compared to other magics.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Its not just that, it almost looks like beetles are non-aggresive, while cu is looking for fight, maybe just my beetles are tree huggers or something

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mountable pets will sometimes just stand around. Feed them and they will act normal again.
I have not noticed any of my Beetles being non aggressive.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Its not just that, it almost looks like beetles are non-aggresive, while cu is looking for fight, maybe just my beetles are tree huggers or something
Maybe they are pacifists..They like to love more than kill kill kill..Or they could be hippies?

Felipovisk

Adventurer
Hello, i was wondering what would be the best AOE build for a CU. I want to build one of those to do spawns. I like my triton FWW/CHIV/AI but i cant ride it, so dont want to spawn with it. Any advices?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello, i was wondering what would be the best AOE build for a CU. I want to build one of those to do spawns. I like my triton FWW/CHIV/AI but i cant ride it, so dont want to spawn with it. Any advices?
FWW costs 700 points so a Cu would not be able to get a lot of things to have that build. So, ppl use Goo/AI/Chiv.

Goo/AI/Mystic would be an area build.

metalabyss

Adventurer
I am back again after 1.5 years. I tamed another white cu with similar stats so I decided to train up this one which is tamed in 2018. There are 150 points left and probably will go to 700 HP.

cuws.png
123.png

Although I don't think I can afford full scroll but I will still leave the room. This is the first time I put scrolls on pet, there are not many scrolls are selling on my shard so most skills are still 100. I think it will be ended up with 110's but I am not going to pay 2m for 110 parry/resist/med/focus atm. No tactics is selling tho.

Thank you for the guides on this forum and uo-cah.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am back again after 1.5 years. I tamed another white cu with similar stats so I decided to train up this one which is tamed in 2018. There are 150 points left and probably will go to 700 HP.

View attachment 108843
View attachment 108844

Although I don't think I can afford full scroll but I will still leave the room. This is the first time I put scrolls on pet, there are not many scrolls are selling on my shard so most skills are still 100. I think it will be ended up with 110's but I am not going to pay 2m for 110 parry/resist/med/focus atm. No tactics is selling tho.

Thank you for the guides on this forum and uo-cah.
Should put scrolls of any size. Will make it hit harder and avoid damage.

metalabyss

Adventurer
Should put scrolls of any size. Will make it hit harder and avoid damage.
Since I haven't been playing for a long time I don't have much gold to spend. The 115 chiv and 120 healing are 1m and 2m. It would be nice if those 110's go a bit cheaper.

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
A lot of the builds in this thread have higher HP on the Cu, and lower skill levels (110 or 115). Not looking at cost, what would be better, having a Cu with 120s and 600 HP, or a Cu with 110s and 900 HP?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of the builds in this thread have higher HP on the Cu, and lower skill levels (110 or 115). Not looking at cost, what would be better, having a Cu with 120s and 600 HP, or a Cu with 110s and 900 HP?
Yup but I dont have 15 sets of 120 scrolls to build each color Cu Differently. My other toon has all the Hiryu colors. I do not have 120 scrolls for those. I have over 100 pets. I dont have 120 scrolls for all of them.

I did this to test each ability in real UO.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
IMO, I would strongly argue for the Cu with 600 HP and all 120s as superior to the alternative you suggested.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMO, I would strongly argue for the Cu with 600 HP and all 120s as superior to the alternative you suggested.
Yup. But if you dont have 120 scrolls you do what you gotta do. Just make sure the base pet is built well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Other than AI or AP/ Chiv Adding Conductive blast or Lightning force is not bad. Inferno would go with Fire Beetles. Also one with Goo will draw a crowd at the Ilsh spawn right now.

Vistock

Visitor
Hey, one quick question...
I have a Phoenix, (magery) and added exploding goo and inferno since its damage is 50% fire and 50% physical.

I was wondering if it would have been better to pick AI instead of Inferno. (Statistically thinking about damage output)

any thoughts on that?

cheers!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Goo makes the pet wonder off to targets off the screen. So keep it under control.

The first few weeks of The Taming revamp magery pets would cast from a distance. So if that were still the case that would be a pretty cool build.
Try it out and if you don't like it then build another one. That's the advantage of using it as a pet you can get over and over.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pawain I have a Chiv/AI cu and love him but i wanna try something else and read back over your post and saw the msytic cu. So I am going that route. I do have a question, on the bottom of the pet planner I see this

Warning: You have more than 3 abilities selected. Pets can only have 3 total abilities, including their innate starting abilities.
Exception: If your pet did not start with a Magic Ability, you can have 4 Total Abilities. You Must train the Magic Ability LAST for this to work.

Does mean I have to remove the bleed or train the pat completely and then add Mystic? I think I yesterday it myself by looking at your post again and it doesn't show bleed lol. Just wanted to make sure. lol

snowball.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain I have a Chiv/AI cu and love him but i wanna try something else and read back over your post and saw the msytic cu. So I am going that route. I do have a question, on the bottom of the pet planner I see this

Warning: You have more than 3 abilities selected. Pets can only have 3 total abilities, including their innate starting abilities.
Exception: If your pet did not start with a Magic Ability, you can have 4 Total Abilities. You Must train the Magic Ability LAST for this to work.

Does mean I have to remove the bleed or train the pat completely and then add Mystic? I think I yesterday it myself by looking at your post again and it doesn't show bleed lol. Just wanted to make sure. lol

View attachment 116146
You just need to go in the correct order. Choose AI then CB then the magic.

Put the Intel to 370 for mana regen.