• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe Builds

SouthPaw

Lore Master
"Conductive blast (because it stacks with RC"

Does discord stack with any other de-buffs?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup cu s mana drops fast. If you are fighting quick kills that have a respawn, you can put in more mana. None of mine in this thread have much over 600.

They all drop to <100 pretty fast in a long fight and you are running on regen.

The addiction will soon be strong in you.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Discordance + Rune Corruption + Conductive Blast
Yes they stack but trying to get all three takes some magic with the RNG. When it does happen though the damage throughputs are very nice.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is Chiv + AI + Conductive blast a nice little combo then?

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So is Chiv + AI + Conductive blast a nice little combo then?
Yes. The CB doesn’t last long, sometimes not even enough for pet to hit, but if you have a pack of them on a boss , other Emery damage pets get the same benefit. If you really solo stuff, the points are probably better spent on hit points

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I now have 3 CU's in my stable waiting for bonding. I know I'm going to try AI+spellweaving on 1 of them.
I already have an AI+chiv one.

So I need suggestions for 2 templates.

Has anyone tried AI+CB+poisoning?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't get AI with poisoning.

AI/Goo/mystic does a lot of area damage.

Toss chiv or myst on any of the builds in this thread.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Poisoning doesnt really stack with CB afaik.
Better to use some magic school which improves the damage for CB/AI.

So Chiv is probably the best here.

You could do a disco CU though?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
My tamer has disco, so no point in putting it on a pet for me.

Wonder why we can't get AI+poison on a cu.

I think I'm going to try this with the 3 cu's I have in stable:

1. AI, Spellweaving (1st time putting spellweaving on a pet. I know about WoD issue, but want to try it).
2. Poison, Aura of Nausea (never tried nausea, I know its 100 mana, assuming its very good because of the high mana cost. Some may say it's better to try this build on a naja, but I can't ride a naja, no healing skill, and I don't want the 100 poison resist).
3. AI, goo, mystic (I have a lesser like this but without goo. I use EC and lesser's are so ugly. I like mystic a lot though. I've never tried Goo, but a lot of people seem to like it).

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Mungo Tolkien

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on Oceania and was looking at the tank dog build faint and bushido has anyone else got a good tank dog build?

RessMePlz

Journeyman
This is my first attempt in animal training... I've read various guides but I must have misunderstood something because I made mistakes and tried to repair at best...
It's worth finish macroing the skills or I can release it in the wild?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like some of mine above. They kill stuff.

It is fine. Build a chiv one the same way but add HP Regen instead of HP.

The base Cu is a killing machine. The AI and Mystic will make it better.

Well Done! Take it to Khaldun.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is my first attempt in animal training... I've read various guides but I must have misunderstood something because I made mistakes and tried to repair at best...

Still good! I was expecting a botch job like I've done to a million cu's lol train it up, will still be good.

RessMePlz

Journeyman
Still good! I was expecting a botch job like I've done to a million cu's lol train it up, will still be good.
Looks like some of mine above. They kill stuff.

It is fine. Build a chiv one the same way but add HP Regen instead of HP.

The base Cu is a killing machine. The AI and Mystic will make it better.

Well Done! Take it to Khaldun.
Thank you guys!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:thumbup: My next Cu will have Chivalry, I'm bonding a red one
Follow that guide for the first round. Will be a killing machine!

Get the melee skills to 100 before adding scrolls.

Khaldun works for all pet skilling. Find stuff he can kill.

Last edited:

RessMePlz

Journeyman
Follow that guide for the first round. Will be a killing machine!

Get the melee skills to 100 before adding scrolls.

Khaldun works for all pet skilling. Find stuff he can kill.
Sure I’ll do! This evening I’ve taken my Mysyic Cu to Khaldun champ, is a killing machine and isn’t ever full trained, I’m impressed

RessMePlz

Journeyman
Hemmm, Don't know what's happened but seems that my Cu has learned Parrying...if you look my previously posted built there wasn't… any explanation?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get the skills maxed and get chiv over 100 and it will be a lifelong companion! :thumbsup:

Take it to Khaldun when the black eles are out. And let it feed!

Do some damage from your toon and you will get a mask every time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Our dogs like chomping on Khal!

8 dogs 1 bane. Mine is a black dog that cant be seen in the crowd.

upload_2018-11-2_20-48-2.png

RessMePlz

Journeyman
@Pawain atm I have a myst+AI, a chiv+AI and a disco+goo+AI.
Which is currently the best build for a poisoner Cu? Still poisoning+venomous bite?

thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look at post #31 in this thread and it shows how to put poison on them.

The problem is; they can not get AI and any poison abilities. They can just get a magic and a poison ability.

Poisoning and any other ability works great. But not as much damage as AI would.

Since I have plenty of Cus, I have 2 with poison.

RessMePlz

Journeyman
Look at post #31 in this thread and it shows how to put poison on them.

The problem is; they can not get AI and any poison abilities. They can just get a magic and a poison ability.

Poisoning and any other ability works great. But not as much damage as AI would.

Since I have plenty of Cus, I have 2 with poison.
Tnx, I’m thinking about a chivalry + poison breath...

Cactus_Tony

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here's a monster Cu I've been working on over the past few days. I tamed him with 593HP so he was a beast from the start. IMO it's the most optimized point spread for an AI + Chiv/Disco Cu. It does require at least 590HP to fit the 5 SR (future-proofing) and I squeezed every drop of points out of him. This will most likely be my template going forward for Chiv/Disco Cus. I'm planning on putting this one up for auction in a few days.

Special thanks to Pawain for some tips from him while I was building this cu.

DiscoDoggo.png

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Here's a monster Cu I've been working on over the past few days. I tamed him with 593HP so he was a beast from the start. IMO it's the most optimized point spread for an AI + Chiv/Disco Cu. It does require at least 590HP to fit the 5 SR (future-proofing) and I squeezed every drop of points out of him. This will most likely be my template going forward for Chiv/Disco Cus. I'm planning on putting this one up for auction in a few days.

Special thanks to Pawain for some tips from him while I was building this cu.

View attachment 89380
Truelly an awesome dog! Grats! He is fully skilled too..How long did he take to get all skills (and healing) maxed?

Cactus_Tony

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey thanks! Took me about 2 and a half days to complete this dog. I've pretty much optimized my training process as much as possible at this point so on average it takes 2 days to max a Chiv Cu and 2.5 days to max a Disco cu. The hardest part for me is finding a 590+ HP black/white cu (I tame my own to cut down on costs). That can take forever.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hey thanks! Took me about 2 and a half days to complete this dog. I've pretty much optimized my training process as much as possible at this point so on average it takes 2 days to max a Chiv Cu and 2.5 days to max a Disco cu. The hardest part for me is finding a 590+ HP black/white cu (I tame my own to cut down on costs). That can take forever.
Very nice..I got a few in the upper 290s and one 600 HP, was wondering what to do with them now I know..Chiv vs Disco likely the best option plus the AI..How do you speed up disco and healing and Chiv skills? I know that discoing the pet helps lots. Are there some other nice tips for these? Esp disco and healing? This is likely my next project, I think..

Cactus_Tony

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Very nice..I got a few in the upper 290s and one 600 HP, was wondering what to do with them now I know..Chiv vs Disco likely the best option plus the AI..How do you speed up disco and healing and Chiv skills? I know that discoing the pet helps lots. Are there some other nice tips for these? Esp disco and healing? This is likely my next project, I think..
The answer for all three starts with discoing your doggy. For Chiv/Healing I stone GM poisoning onto my Disco Tamer. Then I just stand on my dog and cast level 4-5 poison on him while he is disco’d and whacking on a shadow elemental. I wait until all combat skills + healing are at 120 before I add Chiv so he can’t cure himself of the poison with Chiv. Then I just disco him while he gains Chiv whacking on the shadow ele.

For Disco dogs I take him to eodon and park myself on an island while a dimetrosaur casts level 5 poison on him. The Cu will also make discord attempts while this is happening so he will raise both healing and disco this way. Make sure you are discoing your cu while this is happening so he doesn’t pass a disco attempt on the dimetrosaur. Doggie disco will gain on failed attempts.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The answer for all three starts with discoing your doggy. For Chiv/Healing I stone GM poisoning onto my Disco Tamer. Then I just stand on my dog and cast level 4-5 poison on him while he is disco’d and whacking on a shadow elemental. I wait until all combat skills + healing are at 120 before I add Chiv so he can’t cure himself of the poison with Chiv. Then I just disco him while he gains Chiv whacking on the shadow ele.

For Disco dogs I take him to eodon and park myself on an island while a dimetrosaur casts level 5 poison on him. The Cu will also make discord attempts while this is happening so he will raise both healing and disco this way. Make sure you are discoing your cu while this is happening so he doesn’t pass a disco attempt on the dimetrosaur. Doggie disco will gain on failed attempts.
Great ideas..Thank you!!
By the way at what level of training you skill him? Wait till skill level 4? Or last level? Or you skill healing up at a lower level wnen dog is still 3 slot? Thanks again..

Cactus_Tony

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Great ideas..Thank you!!
By the way at what level of training you skill him? Wait till skill level 4? Or last level? Or you skill healing up at a lower level wnen dog is still 3 slot? Thanks again..
So i'll use this recent disco pup as an example.

Once I tamed him I then created a spreadsheet with all the training point values so I could do some theorycrafting while I was waiting for him to bond. This is crucial because I wanted to make sure everything was planned down to a single training point as I don't want to waste 120 powerscrolls. Once everything was planned correctly and he was bonded, I took him to crazed mage to get to slot 4. I don't remember exactly everything I did at this slot because I'm at work and I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me but I did definitely add 120 powerscrolls at this slot as well as slot 5. The most important stuff that I did not add at slot 4 were Dex, Stam, and Disco. Between slot 4-5 I put him on a shadow ele to bring his stam and dex to 125 so I could save some training points. I left him on the shadow ele until his combat skills were 120 (including parrying). I saved disco for last as I didn't want him discoing the shadow ele which would of made combat skill gains take alot longer. Once I hit slot 5 I added disco + scroll and everything else that I had planned out and took him to train disco/healing on the dimetrosaurs.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
So i'll use this recent disco pup as an example.

Once I tamed him I then created a spreadsheet with all the training point values so I could do some theorycrafting while I was waiting for him to bond. This is crucial because I wanted to make sure everything was planned down to a single training point as I don't want to waste 120 powerscrolls. Once everything was planned correctly and he was bonded, I took him to crazed mage to get to slot 4. I don't remember exactly everything I did at this slot because I'm at work and I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me but I did definitely add 120 powerscrolls at this slot as well as slot 5. The most important stuff that I did not add at slot 4 were Dex, Stam, and Disco. Between slot 4-5 I put him on a shadow ele to bring his stam and dex to 125 so I could save some training points. I left him on the shadow ele until his combat skills were 120 (including parrying). I saved disco for last as I didn't want him discoing the shadow ele which would of made combat skill gains take alot longer. Once I hit slot 5 I added disco + scroll and everything else that I had planned out and took him to train disco/healing on the dimetrosaurs.
Very nice Cu! Thanks for sharing your training information.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good disco gains on dimetrosaurs? My cu disco at around 95, such slowww gains. Haven't tried dimetrosaurs yet, I will today though.

Cactus_Tony

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good disco gains on dimetrosaurs? My cu disco at around 95, such slowww gains. Haven't tried dimetrosaurs yet, I will today though.
Any 160 bard difficulty monster will get you gains as long as you are discording your pet. This is crucial for gaining above GM disco. I just use dimes because I can train disco and healing at the same time. Once healing hits 120 I can replace the dimes with any of the 160 bard difficulty dinos in eodon.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Any 160 bard difficulty monster will get you gains as long as you are discording your pet. This is crucial for gaining above GM disco. I just use dimes because I can train disco and healing at the same time. Once healing hits 120 I can replace the dimes with any of the 160 bard difficulty dinos in eodon.
Do you have to keep telling the pet to attack to raise disco? I've seen posts where people state their pet will attempt disco a few times and then stop.

How/why does discoing your pet help it gain skill?

Cactus_Tony

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do you have to keep telling the pet to attack to raise disco? I've seen posts where people state their pet will attempt disco a few times and then stop.

How/why does discoing your pet help it gain skill?
I give my pet 3 commands in this order (targeting the monster) - All Kill, All follow, All Kill. This works for me every time and my doggo keeps attempting disco. I only have to give those commands once. Sometimes after a few hours the monster might walk away (I don't know why this happens). In which case you just grab a new one. I've had 4+hour sessions where the monster never left and I've had some where it leaves after an hour. The reason discording your pet helps it gain disco skill is because after 105 disco he has a chance to actually succeed the disco which means he will stop trying to cast. Disco is one of those great skills that gains on failures so you just have to keep him failing on his disco attempts. Doggos will cast disco in bursts of 1-4 attempts and then not cast for up to 30 seconds.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I give my pet 3 commands in this order (targeting the monster) - All Kill, All follow, All Kill. This works for me every time and my doggo keeps attempting disco. I only have to give those commands once. Sometimes after a few hours the monster might walk away (I don't know why this happens). In which case you just grab a new one. I've had 4+hour sessions where the monster never left and I've had some where it leaves after an hour. The reason discording your pet helps it gain disco skill is because after 105 disco he has a chance to actually succeed the disco which means he will stop trying to cast. Disco is one of those great skills that gains on failures so you just have to keep him failing on his disco attempts. Doggos will cast disco in bursts of 1-4 attempts and then not cast for up to 30 seconds.
Super good job, well thought and panned. How do you do the Chiv/AI Dog? Great thanks in advance..

Cactus_Tony

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Super good job, well thought and panned. How do you do the Chiv/AI Dog? Great thanks in advance..
For Chiv/AI its 90% the same process except you have 2 options to train healing instead of 1.

First option: Same dimetrosaur training process as before, put yourself and your cu on an island in Eodon and have the dimetrosaur cast level 5 poison on him while you disco your dog. If you have added/trained up chivalry at this point you just need to command your dog to "all stop, all stay" so he only heals the poison with his healing skill and not chivalry.

Second option: Stone GM poisoning as well as the requisite 120 disco/music onto your tamer (I usually stone off vet to make room for poison). While your doggo is training his combat skills on a shadow elemental you just stand on top of him and cast level 4-5 poison non-stop. Obviously you want your cu discorded for this as well. If you do it this way you must wait to add chivalry until your Cu is done training his combat skills otherwise he will cure himself with the chivalry while he hits the shadow ele. Once your Cu has finished maxing out wrest/anat/tact/parry you can get rid of the shadow ele and do the same "all stop, all stay" process to keep poisoning your dog. After healing is 120 you can have him start whacking on a shadow elemental again to train up his chiv (discord him for this as well, it will go up fast).

In my experience the second option raises healing a bit faster because you can set a macro in the EC client to just non-stop cast poison on your dog so he's always making healing attempts (while also in the safety of your own home). With dimes there can be a slight delay between when your dog is poisoned and when hes not. Again both options are very close in speed so it's just up to how you feel that day. You can also combine the two by casting poison on him while hes hitting the shadow ele for combat, and then move to dimes if you want to just leave your game running and watch netflix. A tip if you have level 3 taming mastery, start your first whispering session on the hour/half hour. Makes it easier to remember to click whispering again when you know you just have to check at 6, 6:30, 7, etc.

You can do similar stuff on a disco cu for poisoning your own dog however, the benefit of going the dimetrosaur route the entire time is that you can train disco and healing at the same time.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
For Chiv/AI its 90% the same process except you have 2 options to train healing instead of 1.

First option: Same dimetrosaur training process as before, put yourself and your cu on an island in Eodon and have the dimetrosaur cast level 5 poison on him while you disco your dog. If you have added/trained up chivalry at this point you just need to command your dog to "all stop, all stay" so he only heals the poison with his healing skill and not chivalry.

Second option: Stone GM poisoning as well as the requisite 120 disco/music onto your tamer (I usually stone off vet to make room for poison). While your doggo is training his combat skills on a shadow elemental you just stand on top of him and cast level 4-5 poison non-stop. Obviously you want your cu discorded for this as well. If you do it this way you must wait to add chivalry until your Cu is done training his combat skills otherwise he will cure himself with the chivalry while he hits the shadow ele. Once your Cu has finished maxing out wrest/anat/tact/parry you can get rid of the shadow ele and do the same "all stop, all stay" process to keep poisoning your dog. After healing is 120 you can have him start whacking on a shadow elemental again to train up his chiv (discord him for this as well, it will go up fast).

In my experience the second option raises healing a bit faster because you can set a macro in the EC client to just non-stop cast poison on your dog so he's always making healing attempts (while also in the safety of your own home). With dimes there can be a slight delay between when your dog is poisoned and when hes not. Again both options are very close in speed so it's just up to how you feel that day. You can also combine the two by casting poison on him while hes hitting the shadow ele for combat, and then move to dimes if you want to just leave your game running and watch netflix. A tip if you have level 3 taming mastery, start your first whispering session on the hour/half hour. Makes it easier to remember to click whispering again when you know you just have to check at 6, 6:30, 7, etc.

You can do similar stuff on a disco cu for poisoning your own dog however, the benefit of going the dimetrosaur route the entire time is that you can train disco and healing at the same time.
Thank you.. This is extremely useful info. Very much appreciated. Now I have to train poisoning.. Have to look it up..

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain are there any builds you can think of without scrolls or maybe just using the Combat type scrolls at say 110 One thing that bugs me is what does a fresh tamed Cu use mana for