• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cu Sidhe Builds

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pet revamp has been around a while. We should have some nice builds that may help others decide what they want to do with their Cu Sidhe. I have made a post about almost every other pet except for this one that is very popular.

Cu Sidhe - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

The Cu Sidhe starting Stats and Abilities determine what we can do. They start at 3 slots and go to 5 slots. You get 3002 points to use. The Hits and Str will cut in half when you tame them.

The example below is a very good starting Cu Sidhe. The Hit points and Strength are 3 points each. If these are close to maximum you can add more things in other areas.

The Hit Points range from low 500s to near 600. That means a difference of 300 points.
The Strength does not vary much. I've only seen 590s to 613.

upload_2017-12-27_0-49-4.png

If you do find a rare color with low Hit Points (`514) you can still make an excellent pet. Just do not add a magic and you can have everything else. Or you can add a magic and sacrifice Hit Points or another area.

The Resistances look like this:

upload_2017-12-27_1-5-44.png

They can have over 80 in Cold and Energy. They don't always have over 80. But the cold and energy will be the two highest.

Here is the damage type they deal:

upload_2017-12-27_1-9-37.png

There are many Mobs that have low cold and energy resists. This is one reason the Cus are excellent pets.

They start with these abilities:

upload_2017-12-27_1-21-49.png

The training menu looks like this:

upload_2017-12-27_1-14-2.png

The Area Effect abilities are:

upload_2017-12-27_1-15-18.png

The Special Moves are:

upload_2017-12-27_1-16-53.png

The Special Abilities are:

upload_2017-12-27_1-18-14.png

The Magical Abilities are:

upload_2017-12-27_1-19-37.png

Magery would cost 1501 Points, The rest cost 501.

You can choose: (Always start from the bottom) (Choosing a magic first will turn off the other choices.)

A. 1 area, and one special move or special ability

B. one special move and one special ability.

Then you can choose a Magic Ability.

On any build you want to add 30 Mana regeneration. A Cu Sidhe is not a natural high mana regeneration pet.

You should add some stamina regen. I never have needed more than 5.

Hit point regen is up to you. If you have enough points, add it.

If you use the pet before you add points, the Stamina and Dexterity will go to 125. It takes a long time. You want those at 150 on all pets.

The Wrestling skill needs to be 100 before you can see the parry value or add a Parry scroll.

Cu Sidhes can use many scrolls. Here is the cost:

• Magery, Mysticism, Necromancy,Spellweaving, Chivalry, Bushido, Ninjitsu, Discordance
    (105 Magic scroll will use 25 training points, 110 Magic will use 50 training points, 115 – 75 points, 120 – 100 points)
  • Focus, Meditation or Resist Spells - (105 costs 5 points, 110 costs 10 points, 115 cost 15 points 120 costs 20 points)
  • Wrestling or Tactics - (105 costs 50 points, 110 costs 100 points, 115 cost 150 points, 120 costs 200 points)
  • Anatomy, Healing or Parry - (105 costs 5 points, 110 costs 10 points, 115 cost 15 points 120 costs 20 points)

Examples:

If you want to 120 all the skills, here is the required points:

Wrestling 200
Tactics 200
Anatomy 20
Parry 20
Healing 20
Focus 20
Resisting spells 20
Meditation 20
Magic 100

Total 620 points.

If you want to 110 all the skills, it would cost:

310 points

There are many builds for a Cu Sidhe. After building many of these pets, I have decided to put Magics on the one that start really with real high HP and Str. You do not have to have a magic ability to make an excellent killing machine.

Please add some of your favorites.

upload_2018-1-21_17-2-16.png upload_2018-1-21_17-2-16.png

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been a bit unadventurous with my pets, if the pet is melee, I've kept it melee, adding chiv rather than any other magic school. My cu I first scrolled and trained up healing - thinking it would be harder to gain once I added the chiv. She's lost a lot of points in the halloween dungeon and I have no idea how I'm going to get those back!
she has: hp 855, stamina & dex 150, mana 792, str 686, int 450. HPR 10 MR 14 resists 73/70/78/60/72 wrestle 120 tactics 110 resist 100 anat 115 heal (113.9) 115 parry 120 medi 110 focus 120 chiv 110 armor ignore & bleed. Not as uber as some pets, but she only really dies when overwhelmed by numbers and unattended (while character rezes self)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chivalry and Armor Ignore

My favorite Cu. It worked well in the invasions and Sorcerers Dungeon. I got my 50% SDI spellbook while using this pet. I took other pet types to both, but I had no problem with this pet. It has been to spawns and works just fine. I chose only AI and Chiv so it would just use those 2 abilities.

It was not a high stat starter. Thats why I dont have HP regen or as many HP as I would like. But I look spectacular heading into battle on my white dog.

I like low Cold resist. I don't do much fighting in Ice anyway.

My cu I first scrolled and trained up healing
I don't purposely skill healing on my Cus. This one just happens to like to heal. I'm sure I have no others with over 100. Usually they stick at 90.

upload_2017-12-27_11-40-46.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Armor Ignore and Conductive Blast

This is the first Cu build I made. The original dog was my oldest white dog. I messed it up by over capping the Hit points so I could not put any more Dex or Mana. So I repeated the build on this dog. It had decent starting stats. I was able to put on HP regen and get a nice amount of HP. It was a long time ago and I never saw the stamina drop so I did not give it Stamina Regen. It also has low Cold resist and over 80 Energy resist.

This build make a fine killing machine. Conductive Blast makes the targets Energy resist cut in half.

upload_2017-12-27_12-7-28.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Discordance and Armor Ignore

This is not my dog. A player on LS has a Blaze and built this. I am not sure about the starting stats. The base Cu kills just fine and the discord reduces the targets resistances.

Another build that works great.

upload_2017-12-27_12-15-34.png

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for sharing your builds guys.
Is there a sequence you follow to train skills?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for sharing your builds guys.
Is there a sequence you follow to train skills?
Dig up a shadow elemental or use the two in the mines. You have to find one within 20 of the pets skills. The slugs will raise wrestling, anatomy, and Parry to 120 when you are at 100. Tactics is better to gain fighting stuff or the shadow elementals. Navrey will raise skills when you are at 100.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Chivalry and Armor Ignore

My favorite Cu. It worked well in the invasions and Sorcerers Dungeon. I got my 50% SDI spellbook while using this pet. I took other pet types to both, but I had no problem with this pet. It has been to spawns and works just fine. I chose only AI and Chiv so it would just use those 2 abilities.
During the invasion, guildies never lost a spellbook using their Chiv CUs (and nightmares for that matter). Definitely our favorite build for CUs

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lightning Force and Armor Ignore

I think my theory is good. A high stat starter is better for adding Magic. This dog was the twin of the one in the first stat picture. It looked like this at the end of the first round. Resists set and Mana regen 30.

upload_2017-12-27_17-13-4.png

Excellent set up for scrolls and a magic. But when I put the things I wanted on it, it was 20 points short. Now it is a really nice tanking Cu. I could not tell when Lightning Force went off.

I took it for a test. I turned consume and whispering on when it started the attack. The Balron died at 420 seconds. So 3 minutes to chomp it down.

upload_2017-12-27_17-26-16.png

Here he is:

upload_2017-12-27_17-37-3.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Raging Breath and Armor Ignore.

This also turned out to be a nice build. Started as a mid level Cu so I did not use a Magic and put small scrolls on it.

Makes a flamestrike graphic when Breath goes off. A Red Dog needs some Fire!

upload_2017-12-27_17-40-25.png

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Pawain

A. 1 area, and one special move or special ability

B. one special move and one special ability.

Then you can choose a Magic Ability.
Little confused... UO site says

You may only select a total of Three options from 5 possibilities over these four categories:
  • 1 magical ability
  • 1 special ability
  • 2 special moves
  • 1 area effect

This is what i am working on.

I wanna keep my healing.
I would like to add Chivalry.
I want Armor Ignore, which would mean my second move would have to be bleed?

What is my sequence of selection here?

upload_2017-12-27_22-7-39.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Start from the bottom. If You want an area and armor ignore, put the area first, then AI.

If you just want AI put AI first.

An interesting build is AI, Conductive blast and Chivalry. You would mix my favorite 2 builds.

Put in the order I wrote it. If you have good starting stats it will make a great Cu. yours may not have room for any more HP or HP regen if you put high scrolls.

Put the Magic last. No matter what you do, the magic choice is always there.

If you put the magic first, it counts bleed and heal as a special moves so you cant add anything else.

Bleed and healing will stay on your pet.

You can take it to Test center and try there first. But I just made 1 there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Armor Ignore and Aura of Energy

Same set up if you just want an AoE and a special move.

The more popular AoE is Goo. This does the same basic thing. It does have less reach than Goo.

This was a high stat starter pet. It can kill the Paragon Balron. I took it and a Lesser to the Great Ape. They killed it in 28ish minutes. The ape was really annoying, it liked to play Donkey Kong a lot more than they usually do. I put this on the ape first. I did not have to use consume. I gave it 4 heals total because I was bored. I tried to use the other masteries but I was sent to the pit so often that I just invised till he wanted to play Donkey Kong.

Another good build for a Low stat Cu.

upload_2017-12-27_23-48-20.png

Madrox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'd like to train Bush on my new Cu, is there a certain ability I need to add to unlock it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to train Bush on my new Cu, is there a certain ability I need to add to unlock it?
Whirlwind will add bushido. Also bladeweave. But a Cu is not a Tokuno pet. They will not get benefits from bushido. We call it fake bushido.

Some say the original publish 96 Cus that we put bushido on will get the defense benefit.

Only Tokuno pets can get real bushido.

Madrox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Whirlwind will add bushido. Also bladeweave. But a Cu is not a Tokuno pet. They will not get benefits from bushido. We call it fake bushido.

Some say the original publish 96 Cus that we put bushido on will get the defense benefit.

Only Tokuno pets can get real bushido.
Well glad I asked, thanks a lot!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now that I am getting into details of starting stats, I decided to do more than just an eye test.

I looked at the only calculator I could find and it was heavy on resists and stats we can easily change with a few points. Intel, dex, mana, and stamina are on the calculator. 85 cold resist does not make a Cu better IMO.

If you want to use a pet calculator, go ahead. If you want to make a pet you can use effectively, I will try to help you out.

I am color biased. I want good pets that are not plain.

Resists:

I am biased. I dont fight things that have high poison or cold damage. I would rather have the cold resist as small as possible. But it cant be reduced so you may be stuck with 84 cold resist on your Cu. If you fight a mob with high poison damage, take a Naj.

I did a scientific study on 10 untrained Cus. I added up the resists. The highest I got was 307 the lowest was 283. The difference was 24. That's a 72 point difference. or 24 HP or Str.

Hit Points and Strength:

Luckily the strength does not vary much. The range I have seen is from 600 to 613. Most have 610 to 612.

The starting Hit Points do have a wide range. They can be higher or lower than my examples. So I'm giving a realistic range for colored Cus.

510 to 595 is a realistic range. Thats an 85 point difference. 255 training points.

Ill now look on the bright side and not put down the stats of a Cu, they cant help how they were born.

You Found a White Cu Sidhe!!! What lore screen will make you the happiest?

Not so happy:

upload_2017-12-28_18-14-16.png

Kinda Happy:

upload_2017-12-28_18-18-21.png

Jump for Joy HAPPY!!

upload_2017-12-28_18-20-56.png

Why does this matter?

After you set up the basic template.(resists,dex,stam,mana)

You want the Cu to have 700 str , Max mana regen, some stamina Regen,and decent Hit Points by the end of round 1.

It would be nice to have HP regen, a magic and 120 scrolls. This costs:

Max base damage 15 points
HP regen 360 points
120 scrolls 620 points
Magic 501 points

That is 1496 points on your last round. You are left with 5 points. You need 100 or 200 points for specials... oops

In the first round you basically need these things:

Resists set
Stamina and dex set to 150
Str 700
Mana regen 30

Mana set where you want it
Have room for specials or decide not to set HP regen as high in next round.
Hit Points set where you want them.

I do the first round in that order.

Notice, my Chiv Cu does not have HP regen, and only has 1 special.

If you start with a pet that makes you happy, you will be able to make a better build in the end.

What if the Cu you want to use does not make you happy at the end of the first round?

DONT PUT A MAGIC ON IT!!!

Use lower scrolls and choose 2 nice abilities. The builds I showed you above will make you very happy once the pet is trained and skilled. You will have room for the Hit Points you want and some HP regen. Killing stuff makes your pet happy!

Plan ahead and make Cus that make you happy. Take them to Test center and leave 650 points for scrolls. (in case theres a rounding error)

Happy pets make Happy Players.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If people are handy with excel, they can set up a spreadsheet. We have a handy one we made that takes all the stats, overcapped skills, resists, etc and gives pets an imbue value

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi
How long do the CUs take to get to
120 healing
120 chivalry
We talking days, weeks or months?
thanks

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
depends on the method of training and available skills of the tamer.

if you have discordance, musicianship and poisoning you can discord the pet and cast poison on it over and over while keeping wispering up as much as possible. I would estimate about 3 days of training to get it to 120 that way. you'll spend many hours sitting there doing nothing else though...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Lightning Force and Armor Ignore

I think my theory is good. A high stat starter is better for adding Magic. This dog was the twin of the one in the first stat picture. It looked like this at the end of the first round. Resists set and Mana regen 30.

View attachment 75752

Excellent set up for scrolls and a magic. But when I put the things I wanted on it, it was 20 points short. Now it is a really nice tanking Cu. I could not tell when Lightning Force went off.

I took it for a test. I turned consume and whispering on when it started the attack. The Balron died at 420 seconds. So 3 minutes to chomp it down.

View attachment 75753

Here he is:

View attachment 75755
WOW Lightning Force? must be something new..what does it do?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lightning Force
Trains the creature in the Lightning Force special ability, causing the creature to attack with energy damage.

Not very descriptive. Does it mean all damage is energy? Or is it some sort of energy attack that is extra?

I did not see any special graphics or hear any sounds in CC.

It has always been there for Cus.

I made one with tail swipe a long time ago. I may have stuck it on a vendor for storage and someone bought it for a high price. I've lost a few test pets like that.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I made one with tail swipe a long time ago. I may have stuck it on a vendor for storage and someone bought it for a high price. I've lost a few test pets like that.
I found my fire beetle that i lost on a vendor tonight. Went to do Void Pool with a bunch of people... and I see this little fire beetle kicking ass, lored it and it's my classic build. Didn't have it on my vendor for enough money to cover the scrolls on it. Least someone I like bought it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mysticism - Conductive Blast - Armor Ignore

This would be my second favorite real magic ability. Can Cure heal and do many attacks. Spits out rocks, makes targets go to sleep. I went with HP instead of HP regen. Rest is standard Cu build. Try to use this build on a good starting pet.

upload_2018-1-9_15-37-28.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

This would be my second favorite real magic ability. Can Cure heal and do many attacks. Spits out rocks, makes targets go to sleep. I went with HP instead of HP regen. Rest is standard Cu build. Try to use this build on a good starting pet.

View attachment 76170
I wanted to put Discord, Conductive Blast and Armor Ignore on a Cu and it wouldn't let me.... How do you get Mysticism, Conductive Blast and Armor Ignore????

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poisoning + Venomous Bite

This is one of the poison builds. I made it a looong time ago when @MalagAste said she might send a tamer to LS. Your dog is waiting for you. Its finished training. I left it at 4 slots.

Took a long time to get poisoning to 100. I took it to Destard because I thought it may need to actually poison something and most bosses are poison immune.

To get from 80 to 100 it had to make 3 cycles of killing all the dragons and GD. It chomped right thru them all.

I dont know what poison level they do. I saw these messages:

upload_2018-1-9_19-17-5.png

Here it is. 1501 points left to use.

upload_2018-1-9_19-17-58.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How to access poisoning abilities on your Cu Sidhe.

I always say put the magic on last! This time you can pick the Magic first and you open up new abilities.

upload_2018-1-9_19-53-30.png

If you choose Poison as a Magic choice before you put any abilities on the pet, You open some new choices.

upload_2018-1-9_19-55-26.png

Aura of Nausea
Trains the creature in the Aura of Nausea area effect, causing nearby targets to suffer a reduction in swing speed, hit chance, defence chance and faster casting.
Poison Breath
Trains the creature in the Poison Breath area effect, causing lethal poison to nearby targets.
Essence of Disease
Trains the creature in the Essence of Disease area effect, causing poison damage to nearby targets.

upload_2018-1-9_19-56-28.png

Venomous Bite
Trains the creature in the Venomous Bite special ability, causing the creature to poison all nearby targets.
Vicious Bite
Trains the creature in the Vicious Bite special ability, causing the creature to inflict a festering wound on approaching targets that does direct damage over time.

You can only choose one of these abilities!!!

After you choose One. You can not choose any more abilities. You can not choose an ability and then choose poison and get these choices. You can not get Armor Ignore and one of these on your Cu.

You can choose one and your Cu will have a new ability.

upload_2018-1-9_20-4-0.png upload_2018-1-9_20-4-29.png

After you choose one of these. You can now choose a different Magic. You lose poisoning but not the ability.

upload_2018-1-9_20-6-17.png

5 more things you can try on your Cu.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

View attachment 76170
Nice pet, and absolutely great guides Pawain, very useful.
Mysticism is your second best magic, what is your most favorite magic for Cus? Chiv? Or Spellweaving? or?
Also does the intensity of pet's Mystic spells get buffed up by Focus as it is in the mystic players toons? So Focus 120 and Mystic 120 together would hit harder.
Also Conductive blast : Supposedly lasts only 4 seconds? or less now? Or especially duration and possibly intensity depend on the target's resisting spells, inteligence etc? You use cond. blast on your Cu's. You have found that it works well for you?
Thank you greatly in advance, and also for your kindly posts. Keep up the great work!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice pet, and absolutely great guides Pawain, very useful.
Mysticism is your second best magic, what is your most favorite magic for Cus? Chiv? Or Spellweaving? or?
Also does the intensity of pet's Mystic spells get buffed up by Focus as it is in the mystic players toons? So Focus 120 and Mystic 120 together would hit harder.
Also Conductive blast : Supposedly lasts only 4 seconds? or less now? Or especially duration and possibly intensity depend on the target's resisting spells, inteligence etc? You use cond. blast on your Cu's. You have found that it works well for you?
Thank you greatly in advance, and also for your kindly posts. Keep up the great work!
1. Chivalry (EoO , heal, cure, remove curses)
2. Mysticism (healing , curing and area spells)
3. Spell weaving. (if it would cast WoD at the right time...)
4. Necromancy (healing but casts spells that do not help its damage type)
5. Necromage (healing but same as above)
6. Magery (I am not impressed with Magery on pets)

You want focus as high as you can get for mana regen. Maybe it helps Myst.

Yes Conductive Blast lasts less time than you can lore it twice. Not sure if it lasts longer on low resist magic mobs. Need to test that. It used to work great until they ninja nerfed it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AI + Inferno + Spellweaving

upload_2018-2-10_17-25-41.png

Inferno drops Fire resist to 75% of normal value. Unfortunately a Cu does not do fire damage. I don't think spellweaving does either. Inferno does a fire damage spell. Not sure if the damage is taken is before or after it reduces the Fire Resist value.

He was with a fire beetle, fire steed and another pet at Navrey last night. Her fire resist dropped to 18.

Makes a fine Cu on its own. Provides support for fire damage pets.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
now if the cu would cast immolating weapon it would do extra fire damage with it's melee attack. not sure if spellweaving pets cast that though (also not sure how often...)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chivalry + Aura of Nausea

The AoN sounds like a really nice ability. But you can not get it and AI on a Cu.

upload_2018-2-17_13-12-9.png

I had to put poison on first. When you do that you can choose one move or area ability.

I chose Aura of Nausea then I chose Chivalry. AoN does not use the poison skill. It shows green dots when applied. It does a large area.

The build kills stuff. Kills Balrons in 17 to 34 seconds. It really misses the AI. Paragon took 5 min 23 secs.

I dont recommend this build if you only have a couple of Cus. A Naj can get AoN and Armore Ignore.

upload_2018-2-17_13-18-46.png

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
does the AoN last forever or only for a short ammount of time? at 100 mana I would assume it just stays on, but you never know...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have no way to know how long. But I did take it to the slugs for some chiv skilling and went to Navrey on a diff toon.. I accidentally did not turn on consume. When I checked back I noticed it was at 70% life. It should have been dead. My guess is the slugs lost their HCI and speed for a long time.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
AI + Inferno + Spellweaving

View attachment 77383

Inferno drops Fire resist to 75% of normal value. Unfortunately a Cu does not do fire damage. I don't think spellweaving does either. Inferno does a fire damage spell. Not sure if the damage is taken is before or after it reduces the Fire Resist value.

He was with a fire beetle, fire steed and another pet at Navrey last night. Her fire resist dropped to 18.

Makes a fine Cu on its own. Provides support for fire damage pets.
Any idea how long Inferno lasts? Is it the same short length as conductive blast?

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Any idea how long Inferno lasts? Is it the same short length as conductive blast?
I played with Inferno on a Fire Beetle the other day.

I hated it.

It lowers fire resistance by 25% and lasted about 5-6 seconds on a Greater Dragon. But I wasn't impressed because it was a beetle, who gets Rune Corruption.

But on a non-Beetle pet...

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I played with Inferno on a Fire Beetle the other day.

I hated it.

It lowers fire resistance by 25% and lasted about 5-6 seconds on a Greater Dragon. But I wasn't impressed because it was a beetle, who gets Rune Corruption.

But on a non-Beetle pet...
EDIT: Ya, good point. Rune Corruption is better.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Armor Ignore + Angry Fire + Chivalry

Angry fire does NOTHING right now. Do not choose it.

upload_2018-3-4_16-51-40.png

Unless they fix Angry Fire this is not a good build. It just has Chiv and AI. The dog still kills stuff.

I put only Angry Fire on and took it to the Arctic Ogre Lord. They have negative fire resist. I fought them till bored. I saw some red sparkles (bleed maybe) but the Ogre never took high damage.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah I gave one Steal Life I wish I hadn't as it literally is nothing but a mana waster...

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I did the same thing with adding steal life to my first cu. I still have her, as she is a lovely red wine shade. Which makes it even more painful :sad2:

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for this guide.

I've started training my old pets and noticed they are 4 slot cu-cidhes. Does that mean i should generally bin them since all my pets on all shards are "pre-patch"?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for this guide.

I've started training my old pets and noticed they are 4 slot cu-cidhes. Does that mean i should generally bin them since all my pets on all shards are "pre-patch"?
The Nightmares are one of the best pre patch pets. Hold onto those.

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am training my first CU. Starting resists were 63/40/77/39/76. I want to do a Chiv and AI. is the below OK for round one? I only did str to 640 and will do to 700 round 2. I plan on adding chiv round 2. Round one wouldn't let me add base dmg so i am hoping to cap that round 2

upload_2018-3-7_1-11-34.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First round went well.

700 Str is a must.

On the last round put:
Inc max base damage
Str 700
Put on Chiv and the chiv scroll. (use the highest scroll you can) (cant got Goo since you put AI on already)
HP Regen to max
Mana to 500 or 600 you choose

Depending on what chiv scroll you may have some more points left.

You can put them anywhere.

You will have a fine dog!

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First round went well.

700 Str is a must.

On the last round put:
Inc max base damage
Str 700
Put on Chiv and the chiv scroll. (use the highest scroll you can) (cant got Goo since you put AI on already)
HP Regen to max
Mana to 500 or 600 you choose

Depending on what chiv scroll you may have some more points left.

You can put them anywhere.

You will have a fine dog!
Thank you very much!! I haven't committed the changes yet because i was a bit intimidated

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,
I did release and retame my cu-cidhe and now it at three slots. It kept the training progress it already had.
Is that pet of some use? I think i'll go for the chiv/ai build, as it will most likely used for balrons, blood eles and a peerless every now and than.

wulfi_sp.png

Is the disco trained on pets a full replacement for a disco tamer? Meaning can I stone away music and disco and still be just as effective?

When do I have to add the scrolls? I'm planning on 110 skills. Do I have to add them before I level up the pet or am I basically reserving points on the pet planner?

With kind regards,
Kas Althume

Last edited: