• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

breakfast

OccupyEA

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm sorry I know this post looks a little fishy but I couldn't help it forgive me please.:please:

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pretty sure we'll be seeing the GHOST OF PAGE SEVEN soon. I hope you all have your silver weapons ready!

OccupyEA

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Since this is a page 7 breakfast page here is 7 foods you should never eat!!:coco:

Conventional Apples

Right at the top of the "dirty dozen" list, conventional apples are sprayed with the most pesticides of almost any fruit because their growing method means they don't develop natural pest resistance. Farm workers exposed to these pesticides have documented higher incidents of cancer, and more and more studies are linking pesticides in the body to Parkinson's disease.
Make the switch: Buy organic apples! If you can't afford organic, be sure to wash and peel apples before eating (although that won't rid the fruit of all pesticides).
Conventionally Grown Potatoes

Think about it: A potato is a root vegetable, and plants absorb nutrients—and other junk—from the soil through their roots. That means that potatoes take up and store more of the chemical fertilizers, fungicides and pesticides that conventional farmers spray on their crops. Plus, after they are harvested, conventional potatoes are treated with another chemical to prevent them from sprouting on the shelf. Because the potato stores these toxins in its flesh, just scrubbing (or even peeling) won't remove the pesticides and other chemicals.
Make the swap: Buy organic potatoes—even frozen ones.
Corn-Fed Beef

The biggest problems with corn-fed beef start with the corn, because cows evolved to eat grasses, not grains. Eating corn actually makes the cattle sick, requiring that farmers dose them with high levels of antibiotics. But feeding corn to cows isn't just bad for the cows; it's bad for the environment, too, as conventionally grown corn requires tons of fertilizers and pesticides that pollute the environment.
Make the swap: Buy grass-fed beef instead of corn-fed and enjoy higher levels of good nutrients like omega-3s and vitamin E, and lower levels of bad stuff like inflammatory omega-6s and saturated fat. Look for cheaper cuts on the bone to help offset the premium price for grass-fed beef.
Canned Tomatoes

Tomatoes are a great source of lycopene, which can help guard against agressive cancers like prostate cancer. But the resin used to line tin cans to protect from corrosion by the acid in tomatoes contains bisphenol-A, or BPA, which acts as a synthetic estrogen in the body. It can disrupt the endocrine system and cause a variety of problems, like chromosomal and reproductive system abnormalities, impaired brain and neurological functions, cancer, cardiovascular system damage, adult-onset diabetes, early puberty, obesity and resistance to chemotherapy. Unfortunately, the acidity of tomatoes helps break down the BPA which leaches into the food, making canned tomatoes one of the biggest culprits when it comes to ingesting BPA. Scientists with the National Institutes of Health have concluded that pregnant women, infants and children are at highest risk from exposure to BPA.
Make the swap: The best solution is to look for brands sold in glass jars or Tetra Pak boxes.
Microwave Popcorn

Did you hear about the guy who got popcorn lung from eating more than two bags of microwave popcorn a day? It turns out that even if your popcorn habit isn't quite as extreme, chemicals like perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) found in the lining of the bag and diacetyl, which is used in the butter flavoring, could cause major health problems. Microwaving these chemicals causes them to vaporize, and then the miniature particles can make their way into your popcorn and your lungs if you inhale the steam from the bag.
Make the swap: Pop your own kernels the old fashioned way. You'll be able to add your own natural seasonings, and as a bonus, unpopped popcorn kernels are dirt cheap.
Milk With rBGH

rBGH stands for recombinant bovine growth hormone, and it's given to dairy cows to boost their milk production. But, it's been shown to increase udder infections and even lead to pus in the milk! It also increases a hormone called insulin-like growth factor, which is thought to be linked to an increased risk for breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer and early puberty.
Make the switch: Look for milk that says rBGH-free or rBST-free, or buy organic milk. You can also make the switch to a non-dairy milk.
Farmed Salmon

When we think of factory farming, cows or maybe chickens tend to come to mind. But, it turns out farmed salmon live in similarly horrible conditions. In addition to overcrowding, farm salmon are fed a diet of soy, poultry litter (which means chicken poop) and hydrolyzed chicken feathers. They also have been found to be contaminated with all kinds of chemicals—which probably are run off into the pools where they are farmed. Plus, waste from the salmon pens is released directly into the open ocean. The Environmental Defense Fund lists farmed salmon as an eco-worst choice.
Make the swap: Look for wild-caught Alaskan salmon. The brand Wild Catch is almost the only brand which sells canned wild salmon.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
girkle fer da info
nows fer breaky. hows about organic vedgie, shoom omlets. and bacon lots ob bacon
king ozog

OccupyEA

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
girkle fer da info
nows fer breaky. hows about organic vedgie, shoom omlets. and bacon lots ob bacon
king ozog
Yeppers and say hello to that granddaughter of yours on my behalf, and tell her I wavie back!!:)

PS large sautéed mushrooms please those are most excellent!!! (LIKE MAYBE PORTABELLOS)

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know portabello is just a fancy name for a big button mushroom? (agaricus bisporus, which is also sister to the field mushroom, agaricus campestris, which looks similar, tastes the same, and rots more quickly! Oh and you have to pick it, and it likes manure heavy soil. I err.. know. First hand.)

By the way, cider apples are the best apples.

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Allz da foodz wees serb atz da Pitmuck Deli bees ORGANIC! Mees neber eber spray da foodz wit enyting badz! Eben da 'shrooms bees ORGANIC! :scholar:

~ Icky ~

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well dey really bees ORGANIC cuz mees pees on dem lots to helps dem grow!! Mees doos it fer Ashlynn cuz mees knows how much hers likes da saltiness of it. ;)

Scabby

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ohhhs! Lookie wat mees foundz insides da Pitmuck Compost Barge dis morning!
Ashlynn wills bees soooo happi! :banana:

mushrooms.jpg

~ Icky ~

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
MEEES KNEW WEES COULD GROWS SHOOMS IN DER
MORNIN CHESSY, BEEES FRIED ONIONS, SHOOMS , CHILI PEPPERS AN TURNIPS, DIS MORNIN OOOPSY AN LOTS OB BACON
DA KING

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*yawns... stretches*
Mornin werld. Timez fer brekfest. :pancakes:

~ Icky ~

OccupyEA

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the cookies!! Went to Pitmuck and got some cookies and milk. Of course I went upstairs and had some bacon and rolls first. I ate until I was simply too full to eat anymore, Then I wandered over to the Pitmuck fisherman's tavern and laid on the fishing nets and took a nice long nap. I awoke to the sound of some sort of marine creature and decided to wander around some and came upon Nubby's Brewin Cabe where I ate some most delicious jellybeans, afterwards I came upon Icky's Garden with a beehive in the middle and honeypots. I really wanted some honey to put on my last two rolls, but the way the bees were swarming I decided the rolls were just fine the way they were. I waved a hearty hello to Harriet, pilot of the BOK, and she smiled and waved back. I proceeded west and found myself back at the Pitmuck Deli where I grabbed some more free food for later, cause I'm a hearty eater, especially when it's free;). As I recalled I waved a hearty farewell to Ordano, pilot of The Pitmuck Compost Barge. I must say it was a good start to my morning. Now onward to slaying demons and such.
*Draws out a silver sword and equips a silver shield and awaits the Ghost of Page 7* :tinhat:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ohhhs! Mees gladz yoos bisited da Pitmuck Deli en allz da ober nicey places weeuns hab onz Pitmuck! Didz yoos asks da steward atz da door fer a flower? Herz wills gib yoos one iffin yoos asks!

*makes note to restock the food vendors before morning*

~ Icky ~

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
beees to twrilly to bees ups !!! dang birdies makin racket. guess it dat time ob da year fer dim.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Wake ups, wake ups, da birdies bees singin dat itz times fer brekfest! :)

~ Icky ~

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ox tongue and hoof stew. A goblin favourite I hear.

Has anyone heard the ghost of page 7 yet?

OccupyEA

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok I have an idea of what Ox tongue might be pray tell what is hoof stew?? Cause if it is the hooves of creatures that have been walking around on the Pitmuck Compost Barge, I must really excuse myself of this repast as I have another engagement where I must defragment my hard drive and clean my browser cache which is most urgent!!:p

HEY BOO TO YOU TOO "GHOST":drama:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
oklies meees beees up. dang biridies, fryin sum ham an stuffs . eats goos dis morin
*tosses crumbs to da birdies*

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
birdies beees quites dis morning, cauise it rain like da debil here. Oat meal wif fruits , butter an brown sugar dis mornin
Goos kingly breaky
ozog

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dere bees sum Toe Jam Pizza onz da vender toos. Itz bees yummie.

~ Icky ~

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
MORNIN CHESSY STILL BEES WET HERE. WEES NEEDS UM WARM STUFFAS FER BREAKY. MEEES LET ICKY TAKES CARES OB IT
KING OZOG

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Mees noes feels lik habin brekfest dis mornin. :(

*sits down in garden... pulls out book... traces outline of a mythic figure on the last page*

phoenix.jpg

Last edited:

OccupyEA

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Dere's lotz ub lefobers... notz toos meny peeples bisiting dese daze. :(

~ Icky ~
Well I try to come by about every other day and I must say I do enjoy the bacon and rolls most delightful. I tried to come back for your net toss and stuff but the real world has been messing up my schedule quite regularly. I just don't understand why my employer won't make direct deposits into my back account twice a month without me having to actually show up, I mean I would be out of their hair and out of their way then!!:loser:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
MORNING CHEESY
COOKS MOUND OB BACON AND PANTY CAKE, PUTS OUT, MAPLE SYURP , RASPBEEEY STURP.
HABES FUNZ
KING OZOG

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yam sandwich here.

I visit occasionally icky but with all the mushrooms you leave in my mailbox, I not really short on things to eat.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yam sandwich here.

I visit occasionally icky but with all the mushrooms you leave in my mailbox, I not really short on things to eat.
Ohhh! Dats rite! Mees gonna hab toos stop leevin dose libble snacks! :D

*scratches head... wonders if yams are related to raspberries*

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Goos mornin Chessie. Brekfest bees reddy. En dont fergit toos trie Nubby's compost tee. Itz berry goos.

~ Icky ~

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just noticed this thread got PINNED. Apparently someone thinks our chattering is of some value! Frightening!

Even the ghost of page 7 is scared.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I just noticed this thread got PINNED. Apparently someone thinks our chattering is of some value! Frightening!

Even the ghost of page 7 is scared.
Anything that keeps players engaged and active is of great value IMO

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
pinned by order ob King Ozog

habin sushi an shooms an turnups fer breaky enjoy

ozog

old gypsy

Grand Poobah