• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Bleak, @Mesana Pet specific Power scrolls

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I know you don’t have 500 logged in at the same time, but to be fair, we rarely have 10 all on at the same time. We can still safely assume that we have a 50 to 1 ratio roughly. I can’t further assume that of these 50 people to one pker, 6 of them can be logged in at the same time. I will further assume that three of these six people can cast explosion and flame strike. I will make a wild suggestion that those three cast those spells at that one person at the same time. I am assuming he dies. Crazy right? So many assumptions. Anyways,
I get that no one wants to pvp, but this is correct. If tram players wanted to they could by sheer mass have champ spawns being run 24/7. 100 people playing poorly will beat 10 playing great.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
And NO, it is NOT the same for Trammel players, evidently, otherwise, if it was, Felucca would have the same population of Trammel which it has not....
That is at least how I see it.
I understand that you see it this way. Here is how I see it.

A player is in fel. A blue comes to fel. The moment that blue sets foot in fel he or she has consented to pvp ruleset. Now if the first player attacks this blue player and kills him or her, that person can report the attacker as a murderer. Even though they willing came to a place they knew they would be attacked. So people run blues into fel to give others murder counts. So the player is now red and CAN NOT go to tram for anything unless he eats a pardon. So player choosing to play the fel ruleset are blocked from tram for killing players that knowingly entered a pvp area, ho is that murder? Now BEFORE tram, yes you attack an innocent and kill them you were a “murderer” because that innocent really didn’t have any place else to go. But NOW an innocent can effectively go to fel report murders and cause a player to have to use a forged pardon to be able to go to tram for em events, or any other content. Why must this player in fel, who pays his fee each month and chooses to play in the fel ruleset have to do anything extra to access the content accessible to all other players?

Now, a tram player who chooses to play tram can go to fel anytime they want to. This is where I think your theory is flawed. A tram player CHOOSES to go to fel. A fel player HAS to go to tram, and can’t if they attack a player that CHOOSE to come to fel.

Many players enjoy the RP and noteriety of being a “murderer” yet they are now forced to consume pardons to remove the status THEY WANT so the year can access the REST of the content in game.

A tram player doesn’t have to do anything special to go anywhere. And I stress again, they choose to go to fel, they don’t have to. IMO reds should be able to report blues for “provoking” if they are let’s say, on screen with a red for more than a certain period of time. Say 5 seconds. You have five seconds to say RED and run. After five seconds, red can give you a provoke count and kill you with out consequences. 5 provokes and you turn I dunno yellow and can’t go back to tram till you work off your provokes, or earn a forged pardon from vvv to pardon your provokes.

The reason IMO ya see more population in tram is because MOST players CHOOSE to NOT pvp. And although power scrolls have always been in fel, IMO due to the red being trapped in fel before there were pardons, so at that point champs and harry’s Were all a red could do in fel. Wanna take a guess why we have royal pardons now? IMO it was because red players could not access the rest of the game content and were upset about that. Em events off the top of my head.

So, we have , as the op put it, a majority of people who choose to not go to fel, yet want power scrolls. The minority of the people are penalized for not going anywhere but attacking player who choose to come into a pvp area, and then are blocked from accessing game content with out ten thousand silver for a pardon. And till they earn said ten k silver they are blocked from tram and thier only content is now spawns and scrolls, which the majority now want taken to a safe area.

So if we put scrolls in tram,then put all content in fel. A good example of this is pick a dungeon uhm let’s say shame. In tram you have a chance to get a part of the whetstone for killing a boss. In fel that drop is garunteed. So where are you gonna spend your shame crystals? You know you will get the drop in fel, but you also risk being attacked. It would be the same for the rest of the content. Your drop chances at shadow guard just to pull an encounter would be greatly increased at shadowguard fel because you risk being attacked and looted. Where as choosing to run the encounter where it is safe would have a lessor chance of drops do to the lower risk. Spawns in tram in this deal would drop scrolls but should be reduced due to the lower risk, say I dunno, you can’t protect in tram limiting you to a six scroll drop that would be in line with double resources in fel.

If it ever was implemented to have full content on both facets as described above, I would be looking for reds to have full access to tram just as blues have full access to fel. Or just remove the entire murder count system, which again , may upset player that enjoy the rp aspect of said system.

That is how I see it. We all have opinions. Wanna play uo?

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that you see it this way. Here is how I see it.

A player is in fel. A blue comes to fel. The moment that blue sets foot in fel he or she has consented to pvp ruleset. Now if the first player attacks this blue player and kills him or her, that person can report the attacker as a murderer. Even though they willing came to a place they knew they would be attacked. So people run blues into fel to give others murder counts. So the player is now red and CAN NOT go to tram for anything unless he eats a pardon. So player choosing to play the fel ruleset are blocked from tram for killing players that knowingly entered a pvp area, ho is that murder? Now BEFORE tram, yes you attack an innocent and kill them you were a “murderer” because that innocent really didn’t have any place else to go. But NOW an innocent can effectively go to fel report murders and cause a player to have to use a forged pardon to be able to go to tram for em events, or any other content. Why must this player in fel, who pays his fee each month and chooses to play in the fel ruleset have to do anything extra to access the content accessible to all other players?

Now, a tram player who chooses to play tram can go to fel anytime they want to. This is where I think your theory is flawed. A tram player CHOOSES to go to fel. A fel player HAS to go to tram, and can’t if they attack a player that CHOOSE to come to fel.

Many players enjoy the RP and noteriety of being a “murderer” yet they are now forced to consume pardons to remove the status THEY WANT so the year can access the REST of the content in game.

A tram player doesn’t have to do anything special to go anywhere. And I stress again, they choose to go to fel, they don’t have to. IMO reds should be able to report blues for “provoking” if they are let’s say, on screen with a red for more than a certain period of time. Say 5 seconds. You have five seconds to say RED and run. After five seconds, red can give you a provoke count and kill you with out consequences. 5 provokes and you turn I dunno yellow and can’t go back to tram till you work off your provokes, or earn a forged pardon from vvv to pardon your provokes.

Or just give reds access to tram.

That is how I see it. We all have opinions. Wanna play uo?
I think you've forgotten about how the Virtue vs. Vice system has affected "going to Fel" on a blue character.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Indeed Miss Tina, I have. Please elaborate, cause I am honestly not grasping how the vvv system effected blues at all other than not being in active cities in fel with out risking attacks without being able to report murders. Hence the whole warning you are in a pvp area. I have no idea why a blue would want or need to be in any city in fel, let alone during vvv. So, sincerely, please remind me of what I am overlooking here, as, admittedly, I may be slightly biased on this subject

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed Miss Tina, I have. Please elaborate, cause I am honestly not grasping how the vvv system effected blues at all other than not being in active cities in fel with out risking attacks without being able to report murders. Hence the whole warning you are in a pvp area. I have no idea why a blue would want or need to be in any city in fel, let alone during vvv. So, sincerely, please remind me of what I am overlooking here, as, admittedly, I may be slightly biased on this subject
I keep reading posts that say people who don't PvP but want power scrolls should just band together and try to do a champ spawn. So let's say you decide to gather a few friends and take your blue characters to Fel to do a champ spawn and your little group ends up being attacked by characters who are in VvV. If your character isn't attacked but you decide to attack one of the VvV characters who is attacking your friend's character, all of a sudden your character has just gotten sucked into VvV and now has to wait three days or be killed by a VvV character (and have temporary skill loss) to get out of VvV. When factions was still around, that wouldn't have happened. Yes, if you were successful in killing one of the faction characters attacking your friend, you might have gotten a murder count. But you didn't get sucked into a system that you didn't want to be part of and then have the hassle of having to get out of it.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I keep reading posts that say people who don't PvP but want power scrolls should just band together and try to do a champ spawn. So let's say you decide to gather a few friends and take your blue characters to Fel to do a champ spawn and your little group ends up being attacked by characters who are in VvV. If your character isn't attacked but you decide to attack one of the VvV characters who is attacking your friend's character, all of a sudden your character has just gotten sucked into VvV and now has to wait three days or be killed by a VvV character (and have temporary skill loss) to get out of VvV. When factions was still around, that wouldn't have happened. Yes, if you were successful in killing one of the faction characters attacking your friend, you might have gotten a murder count. But you didn't get sucked into a system that you didn't want to be part of and then have the hassle of having to get out of it.
Valid. Honestly I was completely unaware of this mechanic. Does that apply anywhere in fel? Or only in an active vvv city? Or only while a city is active? The way you describe it, if a player attacks any vvv toon unflagged they become vvv for three days? I am not very bright but can not fathom why that would even be needed? What I mean is if we are both in I dunno t2a somewhere and I am vvv and you attack me, IMO this should not bring you into the vvv. On the other hand if I am in a vvv city that is active and you run in and attack me yes you should be pulled into vvv so that I can defend the town and get credit for it. This would prevent hordes of blues killing vvv toons to prevent them from getting the city while an actual vvv toon/guild sits on the altar collecting points. I feel like that isn’t very clear. Ok scenario. I am vvv. You are vvv. I have three friends that are not vvv. I enter the town and see that you are there. If I die (I am vvv) you are winning, so I tell my three friends who are not vvv, get Tina. Now you are wrapped up fighting theee non vvv toons while I am sitting on an altar getting credit for the town cause I am active vvv. In this scenario, IMO, the three attackers should absolutely be turned vvv.

Scenario two. I am vvv I in despise killing mr.barry, you come in and attack. You should not be turned vvv, we aren’t even in a vvv area! To me that’s just two toons having a go at it.

Interesting, I am going to look it up right now for clarification. But if that is the case, I would agree that sucks for you and should prolly be changed! If that isn’t the case, well then you are a goshed darned liar and wasted my time googling it and there’s prolly gonna be a lawsuit!!!! Hahaha totally kidding, hope you are not offended.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Valid. Honestly I was completely unaware of this mechanic. Does that apply anywhere in fel? Or only in an active vvv city? Or only while a city is active? The way you describe it, if a player attacks any vvv toon unflagged they become vvv for three days? I am not very bright but can not fathom why that would even be needed? What I mean is if we are both in I dunno t2a somewhere and I am vvv and you attack me, IMO this should not bring you into the vvv. On the other hand if I am in a vvv city that is active and you run in and attack me yes you should be pulled into vvv so that I can defend the town and get credit for it. This would prevent hordes of blues killing vvv toons to prevent them from getting the city while an actual vvv toon/guild sits on the altar collecting points. I feel like that isn’t very clear. Ok scenario. I am vvv. You are vvv. I have three friends that are not vvv. I enter the town and see that you are there. If I die (I am vvv) you are winning, so I tell my three friends who are not vvv, get Tina. Now you are wrapped up fighting theee non vvv toons while I am sitting on an altar getting credit for the town cause I am active vvv. In this scenario, IMO, the three attackers should absolutely be turned vvv.

Scenario two. I am vvv I in despise killing mr.barry, you come in and attack. You should not be turned vvv, we aren’t even in a vvv area! To me that’s just two toons having a go at it.

Interesting, I am going to look it up right now for clarification. But if that is the case, I would agree that sucks for you and should prolly be changed! If that isn’t the case, well then you are a goshed darned liar and wasted my time googling it and there’s prolly gonna be a lawsuit!!!! Hahaha totally kidding, hope you are not offended.....

It works the way I described ANYWHERE in Felucca, even in your own house. And yes, it doesn't make much sense to get pulled into VvV when you are nowhere near a battleground, but that is the way the dev team set it up.

Try using an unguilded character to attack a VvV character. The unguilded attacker goes into VvV and doesn't even have a guild menu option to quit VvV and be out of it in three days. Committing character suicide won't get you out. You just have to have a VvV character kill your character and that will get them out, but of course you go through skill loss in the process and if your character is a tamer, that could be disastrous if you don't recognize what's going on with the skill loss.

I think the dev team thought that factions had a major problem with blues getting involved in faction fights and that's why they included this feature. Unfortunately, VvV doesn't even come close to factions in a lot of ways. I really wish the dev team would consider putting it back in again to replace VvV, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Non VvV players that unlawfully attack a VvV player will be flagged as Vice vs Virtue Participants and highlight orange to VvV players. This participation will last until the player is killed by another player, and will be subject to stat loss upon death.

That was copied from uoguide.com And All credit goes to uoguide.com. It appears to me based on this, that the attacking player will be vvv until they are killed by another player. This is not subject to the three day period normally experienced when leaving vvv. It appears to me that yes you are flagged orange (vvv participant) if you lose the fight, the person Mt becomes moot, but if you win the fight, you would have to be pked by I dunno a guild mate to remove the vvv status and you would suffer I think it’s two minutes of stat loss. What I don’t like there is if you are the aggressor and you win, it seems you would still have to die, which doesn’t seem very fair. I am also not clear based on this information as to wether this applies to all of fel or just vvv towns and / or whether they need to be active towns.

Any vvv experts chime in and clear this up?

I see your point, but also feel you attacked, you didn’t have to, but I would also if my friend was attacked, but I don’t think you should have to commit suicide to remove the status of you win the fight.

I will certainly test this out just as soon as I can get to a box OUTTA MY WAY BUDDY IM ON A MISSION!!

*floors it*

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any vvv experts chime in and clear this up?
Not an expert but a bystander. All I know is I have accidentally attacked the pet of a VvV player and turned orange and all the others area attacks hit me, also and everyone's pets kept attacking me.

You don't get the warning screen when attacking them in Fel.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not an expert but a bystander. All I know is I have accidentally attacked the pet of a VvV player and turned orange and all the others area attacks hit me, also and everyone's pets kept attacking me.

You don't get the warning screen when attacking them in Fel.
You get no warning what-so-ever and you have NO WAY to tell that the person or pet attacking your friend or anything is in VvV... they look completely normal like anyone else until you hit them... and try to defend your friend, who also wasn't in VvV... So why would you think it would make you now VvV? Answer is just because you went to Fel...

There is no opting out... there is no warning if you attack this pet/player you will now join VvV... nothing...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you could do something 100 times easier, in tram then there is no point in it even existing in fel. You just need to accept that there is ONE thing in the game that you have to risk your safety to get. One thing designed specifically to be a thing to pvp over. One. Measly. Thing.
Why not make that one thing to pvp over something pvp specific? So it's desirable for for PvPers but not necessary for PvMers. That way it would stop being about griefing and lining ones pockets and start being about PvP.

If I said it once, I said it 100000000 times, no one controls power scrolls. People too disinterested, afraid or lazy to get their own scrolls have just invented a fiction that it's impossible to get your own, and it's just not true. You will eventually get raided, and eventually be killed, but so what?
See, if scroll monopoly was some fiction invented by a few lazy individuals, you would not see the prices that you see today. When the demand spikes you would see all these people rushing to farm them and the prices subside rather quickly. However, if a small group controls access, spiking demand is accompanied by the same limited supply and the prices skyrocket and stay there. I am afraid UO's market realities contradict you.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not make that one thing to pvp over something pvp specific? So it's desirable for for PvPers but not necessary for PvMers. That way it would stop being about griefing and lining ones pockets and start being about PvP.

See, if scroll monopoly was some fiction invented by a few lazy individuals, you would not see the prices that you see today. When the demand spikes you would see all these people rushing to farm them and the prices subside rather quickly. However, if a small group controls access, spiking demand is accompanied by the same limited supply and the prices skyrocket and stay there. I am afraid UO's market realities contradict you.
Atlantic's Market does support your argument that the prices are staying at the high level you say they are. Anatomy and Wrestling 120s were going for around 40-60m when the pet publish first went live. Fast forward to now and i see Anat, wrestling 120s on VS for 23-30m. If a guild or a small group of people had control of this market the prices would not drop 50% in my book. Now Atlantic may not be like the other shards so i really cant comment on that though.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Atlantic's Market does support your argument that the prices are staying at the high level you say they are. Anatomy and Wrestling 120s were going for around 40-60m when the pet publish first went live. Fast forward to now and i see Anat, wrestling 120s on VS for 23-30m. If a guild or a small group of people had control of this market the prices would not drop 50% in my book. Now Atlantic may not be like the other shards so i really cant comment on that though.
Nope most places you can check : Prices for the scrolls you mention are not down but UP usually 50-60 M, on regular shards not the Siege ones....

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nope most places you can check : Prices for the scrolls you mention are not down but UP usually 50-60 M, on regular shards not the Siege ones....
Oh and one more minor detail is : IF you can find them on vendors or other players selling them..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
My friends..and Pkers also:
You know right from wrong..When I mentioned that there are a majority of players in this game 500 non-pkers vs 10 PKers or 50 to 1 I did not mean it to say that we will put 50 non-pkers to fight 1 pker etc. The meaning is much broader, and it meant that the 500 players want the pet scrolls available in a way that they do not have to participate in PVP. This is what the majority want to see in the game. The majority rules not the minority. You will still get your white PS for the players and PK who wishes to get the white PS. But not the tamer PS. Tamers are not really PVP inthis game. Used to be many years ago when the gear/armor were not what they are today. It is only fair that the wishes of the majority are respected, and taken seriously by the devs. If the PKers/grievers leave the game it is going to be 10 people, If the majority leaves the game, time to shut the game down. Daemon, good thoughts/rationalizations/threats of leaving the game etc, but reality is there: The PS system is broken by the pet revamp, and the only way to fix it is to allow tamers ways to get specialized scrolls for their pets, so the prices stabilize. You can type books/dissertations about how you think that is wrong, but this will not change things. Again: The majority opinion should rule, not the opinion of very few people, who play this game with intention to grief the entire community of uo the payer base that pays the salaries of the dev team. And this is not to say that the majority opinion is to get pet scrolls easily or for free either. And we know that it is up to the devs to do one way or another. Simply put, the pet PS is an important issue and should be addressed at some point by the dev team, hopefully soon..

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know right from wrong..When I mentioned that there are a majority of players in this game 500 non-pkers vs 10 PKers or 50 to 1 I did not mean it to say that we will put 50 non-pkers to fight 1 pker etc. The meaning is much broader, and it meant that the 500 players want the pet scrolls available in a way that they do not have to participate in PVP. This is what the majority want to see in the game. The majority rules not the minority. You will still get your white PS for the players and PK who wishes to get the white PS. But not the tamer PS. Tamers are not really PVP inthis game. Used to be many years ago when the gear/armor were not what they are today. It is only fair that the wishes of the majority are respected, and taken seriously by the devs. If the PKers/grievers leave the game it is going to be 10 people, If the majority leaves the game, time to shut the game down. Daemon, good thoughts/rationalizations/threats of leaving the game etc, but reality is there: The PS system is broken by the pet revamp, and the only way to fix it is to allow tamers ways to get specialized scrolls for their pets, so the prices stabilize. You can type books/dissertations about how you think that is wrong, but this will not change things. Again: The majority opinion should rule, not the opinion of very few people, who play this game with intention to grief the entire community of uo the payer base that pays the salaries of the dev team. And this is not to say that the majority opinion is to get pet scrolls easily or for free either. And we know that it is up to the devs to do one way or another. Simply put, the pet PS is an important issue and should be addressed at some point by the dev team, hopefully soon..

Couple of comments here.

I think you underestimate how many pvpers there are in this game, afterall, it is a pvp game.
I think people have blindly allowed people like you to make this sort of pronouncement for years without any facts, and taken to believing it.
I'd wager the opposite is true, from my ingame experience, and the volumes of players I see.
The only place I see any activity in Trammel is Luna/maybe Shadowguard, and that is nothing compared to what I see going on in Felucca.
So per your argument, and I don't mind agreeing with it, it's about time they started listening to PvPers and started catering to the Feluccan majority?
Take a look at castle prices, which ones are the most expensive and sought after? Yes, those in Felucca, being the hardest to get and most wanted.
Take a look at the size of our guild.

And I was thinking about this, I think you are blaming pvpers/pkers for creating a problem that maybe we are not even responsible for.
If I were to admit that I control the whole Powerscroll supply, which we have the ability to, and possibly have done in our time, what if I told you, there just are not that many powerscrolls to supply the current demand, even with all of our years backlogs - which I think have mostly been used up already.
(And truthfully, even we cannot control the powerscroll supply, even though we often dominate Felucca, it is just too big, and there are 24 hours in a day).
Do we blame Trammies for the fact that Slither has a really low drop rate, and blame you for restricting our supply? (Ok, to be fair, I do, but the rest don't).
Or do we realise that maybe the drop rate - although scrolls always drop, don't always drop in the ratio's you want them to by a long way.
People are farming powerscrolls day and night, there are about 14 different altars of which 2 are controlled by pvpers in the evenings only.
The problem isn't one of a restriction or control of supply, it is a restriction in drop rate.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See, if scroll monopoly was some fiction invented by a few lazy individuals, you would not see the prices that you see today.
It's not just a few, it's thousands. Far too few trammies get thier own scrolls. You all created the monopoly, not the pks.

I guarantee you that a lot of people selling those scrolls are not pks, just tram people brave (and/or coordinated) enough to work a spawn.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what kind of item could be added to pvp without imbalancing it (like the old hero vs villian powers) that wouldn't also be desirable to pvmers. Mainly though, PS have been in fel for like 15 years and everyone has survived, somehow. If demand is too low, you can add in pet scrolls, or up the spawn number or increase the odds of better scrolls, but it doesn't need to leave fel.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
and it meant that the 500 players want the pet scrolls available in a way that they do not have to participate in PVP.
Ok I can write books on this, but I am dealing with an individual who has a closed mind on this subject. So I will make this simple.

PLEASE START A THREAD AND SHOW ME 500 PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT CHANGING THE GAME TO SUIT ONE TEMPLATE.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Couple of comments here.
(And truthfully, even we cannot control the powerscroll supply, even though we often dominate Felucca, it is just too big, and there are 24 hours in a day).
Do we blame Trammies for the fact that Slither has a really low drop rate, and blame you for restricting our supply? (Ok, to be fair, I do, but the rest don't).
Or do we realise that maybe the drop rate - although scrolls always drop, don't always drop in the ratio's you want them to by a long way.
People are farming powerscrolls day and night, there are about 14 different altars of which 2 are controlled by pvpers in the evenings only.
The problem isn't one of a restriction or control of supply, it is a restriction in drop rate.
That ^^^^^^

And personally I don't think that drop rate should be adjusted. other wise super scrolled trained pets will be a dime a dozen. Getting a super pet should be special, not the norm.

Mind you all of these pets did exactly what you wanted them to do before the pet revamp. They are still capable of doing what ever it is you do or were doing before the publish. Just NOW you can tailor them. You tailored GEM should be just that A GEM, my very special HIgh end raw tamed that I spent months spawning to get this color, I spent millions getting his scrolls and weeks training him. This should be a very special pet that you have, not a stable of 30 because we upped the drop rate of pet scrolls.

To beat to death the medusa reference, I would like to have a slither on every one of my characters, should we up the drop rate? If I could show you 500 paying subscribers that WANT a slither on every one of their characters, would you agree that we should up the drop rate? If those 500 players are the majority should the developers then up the drop rate? Lets say, the devs say yes, we can do that and they up the drop rate of slithers. In six months EVERYONE has a slither. No one is running medusa, so that content is dead. What about the poor crafter that made snake flutes. Never even knew what taming was, all he loves to do is log in and make snake flutes, all different colors. Strange dude, but that is his thing and now no one is buying his snake flutes, so he quits the game.
Meanwhile, everyone else is moving on to the next want and the majority wants it, so the devs add it, and a few more strange people that only do one thing are left cold and quit the game, and eventually everyone has everything, and they get bored and they quit the game, until, like in PUBG the last man standing has everything there is to have in UO and WINS. And then he quits, cause there is nothing to do. And UO dies. Forever.

All because I wanted a slither on every character. I feel really bad about myself right now. I am sorry guys. You know what, now that I think about it, ill just keep running medusa till I get them, I hope it takes ten years, see you there.....

Anyone want to play uo?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Well its just a game, and it is still fun for most of us, and we just have to get used to the idea of high risk with the Fel spawns. I just bought a 120 Mystic PS for the price of 6.5 M and scrolled my mystic char. Used to be 1-2 M tops. What a waste -- his RC still lasts about the same, with better stats though at 120. He is still fun to play with..I do not scroll pets, they still are far better than what they used to be, so youre right. I just worry about the future of this game. But if the devs do not worry about it, maybe they know something we don't..

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you have NO WAY to tell that the person or pet attacking your friend or anything is in VvV... they look completely normal like anyone else until you hit them...
Hi, have you ever been to fel? It says (VvV) after your name.

Regards,
someone who plays.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hi, have you ever been to fel? It says (VvV) after your name.

Regards,
someone who plays.
If you are in VvV .... but if you aren't it says NOTHING. You could stand next to 10 people any of which could be in VvV and if you are NOT you can't tell. You do not get warnings about it nor do you see anyone as orange...

I've noticed this many times and wondered what is wrong with their gear???? and then it's like OOohhh they are wearing VvV gear... but no you can't tell.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You CAN tell, because it says (VvV) after their name if they are in VvV and it doesn't say VvV after their name if they are not in VvV, what part of this do you not understand? Don't you have an "all names" macro?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You CAN tell, because it says (VvV) after their name if they are in VvV and it doesn't say VvV after their name if they are not in VvV, what part of this do you not understand? Don't you have an "all names" macro?
What part of that do you not understand... it only says VvV after their name to other people IN VvV... Either that or there isn't anyone in VvV on my shard... and they all wear VvV gear without being in VvV...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what are you talking about? Yes it does

You're probably pressing allnames in TRAMMEL, it doesn't show VvV tag in trammel as there is no fighting in Trammel,
like i said you clearly have not even stepped into fel.
I cannot beleive there have been 13 posts after yours without anyone picking up on this nonsense you're spouting.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what are you talking about? Yes it does

You're probably pressing allnames in TRAMMEL, it doesn't show VvV tag in trammel as there is no fighting in Trammel,
like i said you clearly have not even stepped into fel.
I cannot beleive there have been 13 posts after yours without anyone picking up on this nonsense you're spouting.

I thought you'd deal with it best. :D

The main thing about VvV for a blue to be aware of, is if you try and help a VvV friend by healing them In a fight, or damaging their VvV opponent, that will flag you orange also, and that will not go until you die yourself.

The thing about Felucca, it is like any other community, you get to know who is who, that helps more than anything.
There are blues that are worse than reds, etc, so the colours are misleading anyway.
I'd say no matter what colour a person is showing, be on your guard, till you know people better.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And you all wonder why folk hate anything to do with any of it...

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

the problem is you are saying powerscrolls are to expensive when in reality compared they are really cheap compared to the rest of the economy. 60m for a 120 tactics on atlantic is not that expensive when you look at the whole economy with cameos at 200m, Slithers 175m, and not even mention good jewls that can fetch 1 plat in some cases. As for prices being up I dont know where your getting your facts from but on Atlantic i sold alot of Powerscrolls at pet revamp and aside from the tactics 120, 120 resist all other prices are down. Judging by the ammount of PS on ATL search would suggest that all the prices on VS are 20% over prices as is anyways. I just dont see where the problem is when compared relatively to the rest of the economy.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I can see your point. I agree that many things and gear in the game have become insanely expensive. It is just that power scrolls that were cheap and abundant before have gone super expensive. Its the sudden change that we are talking about, and this was caused by tamers that are feeding these scrolls to their pets, whereas they used to be for players toons before.
I for one go to Fel ALL the time but for resources mostly, and have not gotten to a PVP fight not once or gotten killed or griefed, since I do not go to hot spota, other than rarely to spawns.
But at least can you see the PS price change in response to the pet revamp? And also likely that this has no hope of changing in the future? Count how many tamers there are and how many pets each has, and you can see that this huge demand and lack of supply will keep this going into the future?
Just my humble opinion..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I can see your point. I agree that many things and gear in the game have become insanely expensive. It is just that power scrolls that were cheap and abundant before have gone super expensive. Its the sudden change that we are talking about, and this was caused by tamers that are feeding these scrolls to their pets, whereas they used to be for players toons before.
I for one go to Fel ALL the time but for resources mostly, and have not gotten to a PVP fight not once or gotten killed or griefed, since I do not go to hot spota, other than rarely to spawns.
But at least can you see the PS price change in response to the pet revamp? And also likely that this has no hope of changing in the future? Count how many tamers there are and how many pets each has, and you can see that this huge demand and lack of supply will keep this going into the future?
Just my humble opinion..
Also are pets a commodity of sorts? To scroll a pet will now cost you MANY millions depending on what you put on it. Also in terms of toons I find that many are underpowered even with 120's in mystic / focus etc...
Still its a fun game to play. Its the future that is worrisome with all the prices as they are now, for everything, and I know this is a complex problem..

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not just a few, it's thousands. Far too few trammies get thier own scrolls. You all created the monopoly, not the pks.

I guarantee you that a lot of people selling those scrolls are not pks, just tram people brave (and/or coordinated) enough to work a spawn.
When thousands of people contradict you, maybe you should consider that you are wrong? Or you are seriously claiming that after some scrolls went up in price by two orders of magnitude, all these lazy trammies are so set in their delusions that they simply don't try to farm those scrolls, despite them being easily accessible? Out of the thousands, there are not a hundred who decided to try and discovered that all these years they were horribly wrong?

As long as I am asking questions, do you really think that all of us would waste our time trying to prove to you here that scrolls are unaccessible to us if it was not the case? Do you think I'd rather fruitlessly argue here trying to prove the obvious, rather than go to lost lands in off hours and farm to my heart's content, because according to you that's all takes? Really?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When thousands of people contradict you, maybe you should consider that you are wrong? Or you are seriously claiming that after some scrolls went up in price by two orders of magnitude, all these lazy trammies are so set in their delusions that they simply don't try to farm those scrolls, despite them being easily accessible? Out of the thousands, there are not a hundred who decided to try and discovered that all these years they were horribly wrong?

As long as I am asking questions, do you really think that all of us would waste our time trying to prove to you here that scrolls are unaccessible to us if it was not the case? Do you think I'd rather fruitlessly argue here trying to prove the obvious, rather than go to lost lands in off hours and farm to my heart's content, because according to you that's all takes? Really?

I think they are wrong, I'll say it for you.

If you read the posts on here, the posts from these people are full of misinformation, misunderstanding, rumours and fears they have built up in their minds over the years.

These boards are quite clearly showing what the problem is, and it is glaringly obvious to those who actually play in Felucca.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thousands of people contradict me? How? Because wrestling scrolls are inflated? It's just another symptom of the original problem that not enough people run spawns. Nothing has changed but demand. The same people who have been calling for PS to be put in tram for a decade are still the ones calling for it. Many people refuse to set foot in fel. Period. If these people were more flexible, and cooperative... there wouldn't be an issue.

I will concede I know that it won't change, so as I said I'm ok with upping the scroll drop rate, and adding in easier to attain pet scrolls. Hell, make um blessable, I don't care. You all will still complain and say it's impossible, as you train up pet number 40 on your fully scrolled characters. :p

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well its just a game, and it is still fun for most of us, and we just have to get used to the idea of high risk with the Fel spawns. I just bought a 120 Mystic PS for the price of 6.5 M and scrolled my mystic char. Used to be 1-2 M tops. What a waste -- his RC still lasts about the same, with better stats though at 120. He is still fun to play with..I do not scroll pets, they still are far better than what they used to be, so youre right. I just worry about the future of this game. But if the devs do not worry about it, maybe they know something we don't..
1) What risk? With insurance you only risk time, which is always gonna be lost no matter what you do. It's NOT a big deal to be pked. Just pretend it's a really powerful monster. if people would just get over that stigma everything would be so much easier.

2) 6.5m for a Mystic scroll is not that expensive. :/

3) The only pet scroll that is inflated dramatically is wrestling. I want to say it again just in case people still don't realize... it's not that important. Basically every 5% gives you a +2% chance to hit. All that 120 scroll is doing is making your fights 8% shorter on average. Vs a 110 scroll... 4% shorter. In other words in a half hour long fight you'll net something like a minute and a half. I scroll my pets to 110 because 110s aren't hard to get and they work just fine in every scenario, 115 if I happen to have one, and I would sell any 120 I get because simply the profit there is not worth the adding 2% value on your pets.

I'd prioritize tactics and anatomy honestly. The impact there is noticeable.

Last edited:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) What risk? With insurance you only risk time, which is always gonna be lost no matter what you do. It's NOT a big deal to be pked. Just pretend it's a really powerful monster. if people would just get over that stigma everything would be so much easier.

I often wonder about this.

Some people will happily die to a monster 100 times to take it down and think nothing of it.
Yet if they are killed once by a player, it is a personal insult and the end of the world.
These people seem happier to lose vast amounts of gold in pvm and think nothing of it.

I seem to be the opposite;
If I die to a player, at least it was because they outplayed me, and I am happy to acknowledge they are a real player, with a real brain and the ability to outwit me, so there is no shame in dying.
If I die to a monster at least once, I take it seriously as a personal insult and ragequit - I was beaten by an unthinking bit of computer code, which means I have no excuse but to accept that I played really badly, there is nowhere to hide.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
IMO the problem here is one of ENTITLEMENT.

The CHANCE for a scroll is available to you and completely accessible. If every spawn on every server was run as fast as possible back to back 24 hours a day 7 days a week with protection netting 12 scrolls per spawn per run there would be X amount of TOTAL scrolls dropped. of the TOTAL SCROLLS DROPPED (X) a percent of them *Y* would be say wrestling 120. THIS IS THE MOST WRESTLING SCROLLS THERE CAN BE. PERIOD. Obviously every spawn is not being run on every shard for 24/7 so the number of X (total scrolls) is actually lower, and as a result the percentage of wrestling scrolls available (Y) is also lower.

Along comes taming revamp. Suddenly everyone wants certain scrolls for their pets. But I just demonstrated there are only a FINITE amount available. Demand went up , price went up, people started selling what they had stashed to grab the gold. NOW the supply is depleted. SO demand remains and supply is gone so the price rises again. I am sure that just as quick as these scrolls are dropping in a pack they are being put up for sale to get the gold while the getting is good.

So, you can go to fel, run a champ and hope you are the lucky one that gets the drop, or you can do other stuff and wait till someone else gets one and puts it up for sale.

This is intended and working. This is what will limit everyone from having 30 super pets in a stable. This is ultima online, not TAMER ONLINE. The amount of gold spent to train up a pet is no more than we have to pay for suits for pvp. What we have to pay as well for wrestling 120 on a mage. How long many of us have waited for that perfect suit piece to drop to make our uber suit. That is part of the game. That is what makes it special.

The option for a super pet is there. It is not a guarantee and no one is ENTITLED to have them. PERIOD. You have to earn them, it takes time, it takes gold, and it takes more time. Just like almost everything else in UO.

This argument that pvpers/pkers have more access to scrolls than trammies is just wrong. You have the same access we have and they drop at the same rate.

The myth that there is a super crew of pkers with stacks of scrolls trickling them out to hike the price is just that a MYTH.

And before anyone says "Well if there arent any scrolls how are they selling them online?"
Good question. My guess would be that they are duping them or have a **** pot from when they were duping them. Pretty safe dupe, its going to be consumed immediately. Which has nothing to do with players, guilds, pkers or fel. As long as they have one they can make as many as they want. We dont have that IN GAME. We have the FINITE amount of real scrolls that drop.

I am merely trying to end this whole thought process that there are pk guilds running around getting rich with real life dollars. There isnt. I believe and always have believed that *most* third party sellers are duping. That is why they have "stock" of items that are not available in game.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear greedy players,

stop trying to solo spawns, then crying for mechanic change when you get killed for being greedy, they were never supposed to be solod.

Try co-operating with others and work as a team. It is an online game.
Regards.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Dear greedy players,

stop trying to solo spawns, then crying for mechanic change when you get killed for being greedy, they were never supposed to be solod.

Regards.
You can just say Dear Daemon, its fine. ROFL :gee:

- Daemon's Player

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Dear greedy players,

Regards.
And once again something completely ***** comes from Mervyns mouth ... ehh keyboard.
This whole thread is people complaining that they can’t do a spawn.
I solo them all the time. They aren’t difficult. Only ones I have not successfully solod is the abyssal infernal and lord oaks. I get my scrolls and my replicas all by my self.
But here’s the kicker. If we complain that we can never get any scrolls, you tell us to go get them. If we say we can’t get a group to go together you say go in off hours. Etc etc.
they’re not being greedy for going alone, they’re being realistic. I have entire characters dedicated to expediting the process. So please, do us all favor and go squat on those posts where you scream auto stable is a bug.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure advocating trolling is the answer to winning an argument.

People are complaining that they are getting killed/raided, my suggestion is to stop being so greedy and go with friends. I pointed out already that W on Europa will do champs with 10+ players and i cannot raid.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I often wonder about this.

Some people will happily die to a monster 100 times to take it down and think nothing of it.
Yet if they are killed once by a player, it is a personal insult and the end of the world.
These people seem happier to lose vast amounts of gold in pvm and think nothing of it.

I seem to be the opposite;
If I die to a player, at least it was because they outplayed me, and I am happy to acknowledge they are a real player, with a real brain and the ability to outwit me, so there is no shame in dying.
If I die to a monster at least once, I take it seriously as a personal insult and ragequit - I was beaten by an unthinking bit of computer code, which means I have no excuse but to accept that I played really badly, there is nowhere to hide.
Mobs are stupid NPC's they are designed to kill you... other players should have a conscience and should see that you are working hard not a threat to their PvP 1337'ness and should then be left alone... other players should treat other people with R.E.S.P.E.C.T. But they don't. Being beaten by someone who felt the need to spoil your day and kill you for no other reason than to take what you've worked hard for... because they can and they enjoy ruining other peoples game play experience and this is supposed to be something "fun"? I fail to find the fun in having hours of my time wasted by some greedily little miscreant who needs to make up for something... and finds joy in others suffering. I suppose I saw more of Garriotts dream than you... I figured it was meant to be a community... not every man for himself. Hence the games basis in VIRTUE.

It would be one thing if people could chose not to have anything to do with that anti-socialism... but some DEV in their infinite wisdom felt bad for the Reds in Fel being socially ousted and left behind to their own kind..... and decided that Powerscrolls were a wonderful idea and putting them in Fel and forcing folk who preferred to work together with other socially minded virtuous people... back to dealing with the miscreants they left behind. Reminding everyone of why they left there in the first place... yet years later those same anti-social miscreants keep wondering why no one cares for their playstyle... amazing.

Many players these days don't have tons and tons of time to spend in game... so after working for however long to get to the end where you think you are going to get the "payout" and having some twerp come along and kill you take over the spawn you just put that precious time into is frustrating and annoying... every bit as much as spending 2+ hours doing the roof and coming away empty handed time and time again... after awhile of this you wonder... why you even bother playing. I suppose if I wanted to spend all my hours working for someone else giving them all the spoils of my labor I would... more willingly.

As for working up my characters in such a way that I could defend against such an attack etc... I can't defend against someone who sits there in ninja stealth waiting till I'm 1/3 dead and then popping out to kill me and take all my stuff .... that isn't even REAL PvP... that's just being an arse...

Most the time the PvP I see at spawns isn't real PvP. I think most of those days are LONG gone. If you found something worth fighting over ..... something more PvP related that took actual SKILL... and not just opportunistic pot shots... and it was fun, entertaining, and beneficial to ALL... with rewards (maybe titles and trophies)... things that don't take away from others... things that aren't "required" for competitive gameplay... people would be more interested in trying it out and might enjoy it. But everytime you take things away from others that they need for competitive gameplay you don't really do anything to bolster anyones opinion of that aspect of gameplay..... PERIOD.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most the time the PvP I see at spawns isn't real PvP. I think most of those days are LONG gone. If you found something worth fighting over ..... something more PvP related that took actual SKILL... and not just opportunistic pot shots... .
I thought we had established that you haven't stepped foot in fel since VvV came out so how would you know what goes on?
If you can't defend against a ninja, then why don't you make a ninja?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I thought we had established that you haven't stepped foot in fel since VvV came out so how would you know what goes on?
If you can't defend against a ninja, then why don't you make a ninja?
Been in Fel plenty... and what would I want a Ninja for not really good for doing spawns.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thousands of people contradict me? How? Because wrestling scrolls are inflated? It's just another symptom of the original problem that not enough people run spawns. Nothing has changed but demand. The same people who have been calling for PS to be put in tram for a decade are still the ones calling for it. Many people refuse to set foot in fel. Period. If these people were more flexible, and cooperative... there wouldn't be an issue.
You are right. Nothing has changed but demand. And if like you say the scrolls are easily accessible to all, the supply (number of people farming scrolls) should have increased dramatically.

The notion that all of Trammel population (including new players) is so set in their ways that they just refuse to go to friendly Fel out of pure stubbornness is not believable and borderline ridiculous. What is much more believable is that people tried, multiple times and with the same results. I have. On a lesser populated shard. Not on a weekend. At a less popular altar. I still got raided. But hey, tell me how I am just afraid to go to Fel.

Here's the gist of it - PvPers had a very comfortable racket going for years. Trammies did not like it, but tolerated it and paid the "scroll tax." The pet revamp increased the demand for scrolls by order of magnitude. This moved the scroll racket from being unfair but tolerable to being insane. It should not cost +100M to scroll a pet (or a player for that mater). This situation severely hurts many at the advantage of the few. This is not good for the game and should be fixed.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
For years I have tolerated the Powder of Fortification tax. I did not like it, but I tolerated it. The imbuing skill greatly increased the need for powder of fortification, and I think POF should drop on all lizard men. For too long the crafters have held a monopoly on this market, hurting all other players to increase the coffers of the few, with their corner on the colored bods and all the rewards. This is not good for the game and should be fixed.

I am also tired of having to pay the single tile soul forge tax. Why should a few 120 fishers have the whole market on white nets? White nets should drop on rats, so we all have a chance to get one.

I am also tired of paying the prism of light tax. Why does this ONE GUY get 10k everytime someone wants to go in that dungeon. We should have a chance to be the dungeon keeper. This should be fixed.

Does this sound ridiculous?