• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Bleak, @Mesana Pet specific Power scrolls

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not a lie, why would I need to lie about this?

Ask anyone from any PK guild I've ever fought against if I cheat.

Ask anyone how successful we have been over the years, without cheating.

We are a blue guild, who do our thing, do what we want in Felucca, have a great time when together, and achieve everything.

I look at Trammel, and blame those players for the state of UO.

As I said, you can have powerscrolls, can we have all the missing game content and items in Felucca?

Some of us don't want to be tainted by going to a Trammel ruleset.
"As I said, you can have powerscrolls, can we have all the missing game content and items in Felucca?"

Those who play in Felucca, ALREADY can access ALSO the Trammel stuff, they simply need to go to Trammel and get it.... either with the same character or with an alternate one, but the fact s, that THEY CAN !!
The other way around, instead, ain't possible.... Trammel players, whatever the reasons, do NOT access Felucca, on average.
So, PLEASE, STOP saying that Felucca players do not have access to Trammel gameplay because it ain't so, they can well go there and do as they please, just like anyone other character resident of Trammel.
And NO, it is NOT the same for Trammel players, evidently, otherwise, if it was, Felucca would have the same population of Trammel which it has not....
That is at least how I see it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't go there, i can go there on only 1 char, the rest are red, i do not wish to remove my earned murder counts. Also, if you're not red, you cannot actually reveal a hidden blue player...(without sticking 100 detecting hidden on every char)

There is a lot of talk in this thread about how rarely you get raided etc if you do a champ. I am NOT advocating that new players do a champ, i am saying that there are enough greedy sampires who like to solo the champs to get all the rewards without co-operating, for new players to join raiding guilds and raid champs.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Felucca would be the magical "solving all" playing rules, then HOW COME that Siege has so few players ??
If at all, to my opinion it is PRECISELY the "Felucca ruleset" which players do not like nor enjoy, in larger majority....
I can understand those players enjoying and having fun with the Felucca ruleset supporting their preferred playing style, yet, the facts, the flat out plain reality, like it or not, under our eyes, that is, how scarcely populated Siege (or Mugen for that matter...) having such a ruleset is, show us that the vast majority of players do NOT prefer nor enjoy that PvP skewed ruleset....
Because Siege has no item insurance.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't go there, i can go there on only 1 char, the rest are red, i do not wish to remove my earned murder counts. Also, if you're not red, you cannot actually reveal a hidden blue player...(without sticking 100 detecting hidden on every char)

There is a lot of talk in this thread about how rarely you get raided etc if you do a champ. I am NOT advocating that new players do a champ, i am saying that there are enough greedy sampires who like to solo the champs to get all the rewards without co-operating, for new players to join raiding guilds and raid champs.
Really if all these sampires are doing all these spawns solo.... why is it one hardly finds many decent scrolls for sale at decent prices?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because the scrolls aren't shard bound (which they should be), they get shipped to Atlantic to sell at a high price.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because the scrolls aren't shard bound (which they should be), they get shipped to Atlantic to sell at a high price.
I disagree with making them shardbound... Infact I think the only thing that OUGHT to be shard bound is the EM Event items. They should remain on the shard that held the event.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must have been hallucinating last 30 times I got raided.
Yes, I know, I could farm on a dead shard, I could farm 4 am in the morning; I could farm faster; I could be you and then not see a raiding party for months; I could learn to PvP... Did I miss any of the ways I should play as to not have to deal with PvPers "not interfering"?
Sometimes trying to bother you, and your unwillingness to deal with them when they do =/= blocking you off from content.

Is there a way to stop other people from playing the game at the same time you are, in a way you don't approve? No. Is that "preventing you from accessing content"? No.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some people, playing the "easy way" may be all they can physically or mentally handle. There is no way for any of us to know what kind of challenges anyone else is facing that we know nothing about that might affect how, when, or why they choose to play UO.
Absolutely true! There's nothing wrong with playing in tram. The game does nothing but reward it, so it's only natural, anyway. Luckily you can get everything living the "safe" or "easy" life.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some folks are very delusional when it comes to what the vast majority of players enjoy. Fel is not one of those things. The fact that the devs continue to cater to such a small group is disturbing. Something should have been done with scrolls when the pet revamp first came out.
Well, I think "cater to" is a pretttttty drastic overstatement. "Throw an occasional bone to" might be a more appropriate sentiment. Non pvpers get 90% of dev's attention.

I agree that most people don't like pvp, but I think that has a lot to do with how the game handles it. It could be a less painful, and more rewarding experience, but, eh... too late for UO to make such a dramatic shift.

Anyway, pvpers are paying customers too, and many of them are very dedicated. Not only that pvpers drive the economy, so don't be so disturbed that devs want to keep them playing. You should want that too.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some people, playing the "easy way" may be all they can physically or mentally handle. There is no way for any of us to know what kind of challenges anyone else is facing that we know nothing about that might affect how, when, or why they choose to play UO.
UO is the only game currently in existence where Easy-mode (Trammel) gets the higher end loot, over Hard-mode (Felucca).
This is understandably causing all sorts of balance issues.
All I'm asking for is equality - if Trammel gets powerscrolls, surely Felucca should have all other content available - preferably through PvP, but some through PvM would be cool.
If I were in my right mind, I'd be asking for Felucca (hard mode), to have more, as it is the next step in game progression.
But I'm soft. :)

It seems we are in agreement. Fel can have all the Tram content as long as Tram can have all the Fel content.
I have no issues with this, if you read all my posts way back, and on this thread, I have been consistent.
I would like equality between facets, and playstyles.
I would like equality between crafters and hunters.
I would like equality between pvmers, and pvpers.
Preferably in Felucca - I would like more of the loot rewards built into the PvP system, to give us a reason to fight.

If Felucca would be the magical "solving all" playing rules, then HOW COME that Siege has so few players ??
If at all, to my opinion it is PRECISELY the "Felucca ruleset" which players do not like nor enjoy, in larger majority....
I can understand those players enjoying and having fun with the Felucca ruleset supporting their preferred playing style, yet, the facts, the flat out plain reality, like it or not, under our eyes, that is, how scarcely populated Siege (or Mugen for that matter...) having such a ruleset is, show us that the vast majority of players do NOT prefer nor enjoy that PvP skewed ruleset....
Siege is a fantastic shard, don't get me wrong, I play there a little.
I started 20 years ago on Europa, all my guild, friends, and history are there.
Siege only has 1 character, which while fantastic, does limit my playstyle, and ability to fend for myself.
(I like teamwork and reliance, but I admit, that ruleset is tough even for me).
Siege is also quite well populated I believe, more so than many shards.
But I think due to the ruleset, and losing all your gear on death, many players are quiet as to their whereabouts, use stealth a lot, and don't advertise themselves.
It's a beautiful shard, and the players there have adapted to it's ruleset.
In a sense, yes, it's the best shard - don't be fooled into thinking it has so few players.

Yes.
Have you noticed how much I hate Sampires?
Again, no other game in existence has the abomination called the Sampire.
It is the perfect mix of complete inbalance.
I have many guildmates on incredible Sampires, who wreck this game.
I love them, I despair at what they can do on Sampires.
One friend, is putting together a compilation of him soloing pretty much all UO content.
I am thinking of adding my failed attempts on a Mage at mirroring his achievements.

Yes.

Absolutely true! There's nothing wrong with playing in tram. The game does nothing but reward it, so it's only natural, anyway. Luckily you can get everything living the "safe" or "easy" life.
Yes.
Nothing wrong with Trammel - I agree.
But somewhere along the line, people forgot they are playing Easy-mode, and somehow managed to whine their way to getting far more content than Hard-mode.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO is the only game currently in existence where Easy-mode (Trammel) gets the higher end loot, over Hard-mode (Felucca).
This is understandably causing all sorts of balance issues.
All I'm asking for is equality - if Trammel gets powerscrolls, surely Felucca should have all other content available - preferably through PvP, but some through PvM would be cool.
If I were in my right mind, I'd be asking for Felucca (hard mode), to have more, as it is the next step in game progression.
But I'm soft. :)

I have no issues with this, if you read all my posts way back, and on this thread, I have been consistent.
I would like equality between facets, and playstyles.
I would like equality between crafters and hunters.
I would like equality between pvmers, and pvpers.
Preferably in Felucca - I would like more of the loot rewards built into the PvP system, to give us a reason to fight.

Siege is a fantastic shard, don't get me wrong, I play there a little.
I started 20 years ago on Europa, all my guild, friends, and history are there.
Siege only has 1 character, which while fantastic, does limit my playstyle, and ability to fend for myself.
(I like teamwork and reliance, but I admit, that ruleset is tough even for me).
Siege is also quite well populated I believe, more so than many shards.
But I think due to the ruleset, and losing all your gear on death, many players are quiet as to their whereabouts, use stealth a lot, and don't advertise themselves.
It's a beautiful shard, and the players there have adapted to it's ruleset.
In a sense, yes, it's the best shard - don't be fooled into thinking it has so few players.

Yes.
Have you noticed how much I hate Sampires?
Again, no other game in existence has the abomination called the Sampire.
It is the perfect mix of complete inbalance.
I have many guildmates on incredible Sampires, who wreck this game.
I love them, I despair at what they can do on Sampires.
One friend, is putting together a compilcation of him soloing pretty much all UO content.
I am thinking of adding my failed attempts on a Mage at mirroring his achievements.

Yes.

Yes.
Nothing wrong with Trammel - I agree.
But somewhere along the line, people forgot they are playing Easy-mode, and somehow managed to whine their way to getting far more content than Hard-mode.
You are unlikely to get agreement from many other people if you keep insulting, belittling, and taunting them. We the players did not make the decisions you are ranting about. But you are making it out that we did this to you.

Most people don't like bullies and the way you are talking here just perpetuates the idea that many PvPers are just bullies looking for victims. You might have more success getting what you want if you ask Mesanna to add you to the mysterious focus group so you can post on its forum and hope the dev team pays more attention to you there.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are unlikely to get agreement from many other people if you keep insulting, belittling, and taunting them. We the players did not make the decisions you are ranting about. But you are making it out that we did this to you.

Most people don't like bullies and the way you are talking here just perpetuates the idea that many PvPers are just bullies looking for victims. You might have more success getting what you want if you ask Mesanna to add you to the mysterious focus group so you can post on its forum and hope the dev team pays more attention to you there.
Tina,

I'm doing no such thing.
I am just saying things as they are, the problem with today's society is no-one tells the truth anymore, or says it as it is.
Everything is brushed under the carpet, and we all let it all go on...

I have not bullied anyone, I've taken people's logical arguments, and debated them in a logical way, with a counter argument.
I have not insulted, or bullied anyone.

The fact I am right in my arguments, and I have the power of logic and correctness on my side, is not reason for people to get upset at me, and think I'm bullying.

Again, people need to learn how to handle when they are on the wrong side of a debate, and say to themselves, lets do something about this.

And to be fair Tina, you guys did do this to me, I've been reading Stratics for 20 years, I've been banned 3 times (for just presenting logical debates in a polite way), and I'm only here for real, for a few months, to at last try and get my opinion across, where you have all been going wrong.

I will add an edit for you, to try and understand your point a bit.
I am elitest, I am arrogant, I am highly intelligent, yes I am an alpha male, but I am not a bully.
As I've mentioned before, In Felucca, I defend the blue guys against the PK guilds.
In real life, I'm the same.
I am a born leader.

And thank you for the suggestion re this focus group, I would love to be on it. :)
UO has lost it's original vision, and should go back to some of it.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tina,

I'm doing no such thing.
I am just saying things as they are, the problem with today's society is no-one tells the truth anymore, or says it as it is.

I have not bullied anyone, I've taken people's logical arguments, and debated them in a logical way, with a counter argument.

The fact I am right in my arguments, and I have the power of logic and correctness on my side, is not reason for people to get upset at me, and think I'm bullying.

Again, people need to learn how to handle when they are on the wrong side of a debate, and say to themselves, lets do something about this.

And to be fair Tina, you guys did do this to me, I've been reading Stratics for 20 years, I've been banned 3 times (for just presenting logical debates in a polite way), and I'm only here for real, for a few months, to at last try and get my opinion across, where you have all been going wrong.

I am elitest, I am arrogant, I am highly intelligent, yes I am an alpha male, but I am not a bully.
As I've mentioned before, In Felucca, I defend the blue guys against the PK guilds.
I am a born leader.

And thank you for the suggestion re this focus group, I would love to be on it. :)
I can see you are also very humble, and full of humility! :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina,

I'm doing no such thing.

I am a born leader.

You know, some of us don't like conflict or competition. We see no point in anyone trying to prove they are better than someone or everyone else. Does that make us inferior? I don't think so. It just makes us different.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, some of us don't like conflict or competition. We see no point in anyone trying to prove they are better than someone or everyone else. Does that make us inferior? I don't think so. It just makes us different.

Where have I said that is, or isn't an issue?

I have no problems with that, I have a side where I like nothing more than to just craft.
PvM, no problems - As I have also said many times, I am not just a PvPer, I am one of the few, who like to play the entire game content.

Ultimately, if you like to play Trammel, and I play in Felucca, how would it be an issue for you, if Felucca - the facet I play on, had the same content?

The issue I am having, is that Trammel has far more content, and far more cheating, due to the way it's ruleset has been designed - or not monitored or maintained.
It is destroying the game I love.

PS - None of my above comment is anti any players.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where have I said that is, or isn't an issue?

I have no problems with that, I have a side where I like nothing more than to just craft.
PvM, no problems - As I have also said many times, I am not just a PvPer, I am one of the few, who like to play the entire game content.

Ultimately, if you like to play Trammel, and I play in Felucca, how would it be an issue for you, if Felucca - the facet I play on, had the same content?

The issue I am having, is that Trammel has far more content, and far more cheating, due to the way it's ruleset has been designed - or not monitored or maintained.
It is destroying the game I love.

PS - None of my above comment is anti any players.
Well thank you for the P.S.

Maybe what might make your case with the dev team is if you could clarify exactly what kind of content you want and the kind of PvP encounters you want such content to encourage. If you're looking for more content to lure non-PvPers into a no-win situation, I doubt they will add it. If you're looking for more situations where PvPers have nearly-exclusive access to items that everyone in the game wants, you might not have much luck either.

However, if you want them to add something where people can get bragging rights for their PvP prowess with no or nominal rewards on the side, maybe you'll have better luck, since the dev teams have already tried to put in such content with factions, arenas, and Virtue vs. Vice. Maybe suggest changes to Virtue vs. Vice to make it more appealing and make wins/losses more visible to everyone. Maybe suggest additions to the Virtue vs. Vice rewards to include some of the Trammel-only rewards whose availability seems to be nagging at you so much. That might be a lot easier for the dev team to accomplish than building entirely new areas in Felucca. Maybe suggest a new, permanent arena area that you can clone characters to from any shard (it's been done before when arenas were new, so how hard could it be to do it again) and maybe it could include a points system for rewards you could claim on any shard.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well thank you for the P.S.

Maybe what might make your case with the dev team is if you could clarify exactly what kind of content you want and the kind of PvP encounters you want such content to encourage. If you're looking for more content to lure non-PvPers into a no-win situation, I doubt they will add it. If you're looking for more situations where PvPers have nearly-exclusive access to items that everyone in the game wants, you might not have much luck either.

However, if you want them to add something where people can get bragging rights for their PvP prowess with no or nominal rewards on the side, maybe you'll have better luck, since the dev teams have already tried to put in such content with factions, arenas, and Virtue vs. Vice. Maybe suggest changes to Virtue vs. Vice to make it more appealing and make wins/losses more visible to everyone. Maybe suggest additions to the Virtue vs. Vice rewards to include some of the Trammel-only rewards whose availability seems to be nagging at you so much. That might be a lot easier for the dev team to accomplish than building entirely new areas in Felucca. Maybe suggest a new, permanent arena area that you can clone characters to from any shard (it's been done before when arenas were new, so how hard could it be to do it again) and maybe it could include a points system for rewards you could claim on any shard.
I don't know how many times I have to say it, I am the polar opposite of Mervyn and PKers in Felucca.
I am a blue, I am an anti PK.
I recognise the part PK's play in the game, and it's a good part, but that isn't me.
I have no interest in "luring" people to die in Felucca, rather I would like people to join me in a victorious crusade, have fun, advance our characters and guilds.
Some nights I go to bed on a high, because everything went really well, sometimes it all goes badly, and you need to reflect on how you did.
The real emotion is what it is about, if I didn't get it, why would I be playing?
{Sometimes yes, I want to chill and Craft, T Hunt, or PvM, etc}

Vice v Virtue rewards are Antique.
Why do that? Why build in obsolescence? You've just hit another of my pet hates.
Nobody really likes built in obsolescence, people hate Apple for doing it, why even do it in a game??
I like VvV, but they've made the rewards meaningless - and demeaned and devalued PvP again by doing so.
Make them 1,000 times harder to get, but don't demean the reward by making it a pale imitation of something that can be obtained in Trammel via PvM.
And with Antique - they wear out in like 2 days, and you have the constant hassle of repairing them, it prevents you from just playing and enjoying the game.

I've already said, I would like equality between the playstyles.
I would like a PvP orientated player, to be able to progress his character via PvP (without getting joke Antique items).
I would like a PvMer, or Crafter, to be able to progress their games via their preferred playstyle.

Yes, I would like all Trammel obtainable items, and Legendaries, obtainable via PvP, through different scenarios in Felucca.
Dungeon PvP, Arena's, VvV, Champ Spawns.
Then sure, it is only fair, Trammel gets powerscrolls.
No-one could complain.

Last edited:

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree that in tram(which i spend most if my time), that is where you find most of the bots in content. The crafter bots are just as prevelant in fel though. I like the risk vs reward I dont even whine when I see the Hot or Eu guild making rounds and turning me monochrome. What I absolutely can not stand is the ghost cam crap and the forever stealth mode guy in papua. Yes he is on a script i can reveal him 3/4 times in a row and he just auto casts invis. Drives me nuts. The magical appearance just as champ spawns. Like I said I do not mind being killed. After a new patch when the game tosses everyone out of the map. It is awesome i win some and lose some, but after 3 days the cams and stealth bots are back and it takes the risk vs reward away. This is what causes tactics scrolls to be 60 mil, because very few people are spawning. There is some going on, but not like what you get for few days after pub.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, I think it's just confirmation bias. Some Tram people expect that everything should be about tram and on the exceptionally rare occasions that it's not about tram they feel shocked and wronged. Same bias causes the lack of appreciation of the fact that tram has gotten over 90% of all new content in the last 10+ years.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm at a loss. if you want scrolls, go do champs or buy them. nothing needs to change unless u want to give them out like candy and make them worthless. scrolls are not the high end concerns with new people, its learning the game. the only way new people will really learn the game is to join a good guild/ theres so much to know, they will be lost on what/how to do things. uo.com need video library. now, not after people join. oh by the way if u made scrolls shard bound, atl prices would sky rocket, many shards would drop way down but people with shard shields can transfer chars to eat cheap scrolls then transfer back. it seems some are too lazy or scared to do champs. just my opinions.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The key point is that pet scrolls should be for pets and toon scrolls should be for tunes (for-tunes get it? :) )
Also if the PK'ers do not like this change, how many are they: 3-4 in each shard? 10 maybe (doubt it). If the 500 non PK players want to have pet-specific scrolls, who is the majority? Whose opinion carries more weight? The 3 red PKers, or the 500 non-Pkers?
Again I think this is a vital point for survival/improvement of this game. Also this is critical for the pet revamp to be more successful. At any rate right now there are white PS that are untouchable price wise UNLESS someone goes to the websites that sell them for US green $. You can grind forever and waste time and effort in the game all you like but the wrestling scroll for 50-60,0000,000 will just not happen. These prices are just a shame, compounded by the pet system itself sucking the white PS absolutely dry, and on the other hand by the PK-murder system, that UO has been unable to devolve from from years past.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The key point is that pet scrolls should be for pets and toon scrolls should be for tunes (for-tunes get it? :) )
Also if the PK'ers do not like this change, how many are they: 3-4 in each shard? 10 maybe (doubt it). If the 500 non PK players want to have pet-specific scrolls, who is the majority? Whose opinion carries more weight? The 3 red PKers, or the 500 non-Pkers?
Again I think this is a vital point for survival/improvement of this game. Also this is critical for the pet revamp to be more successful. At any rate right now there are white PS that are untouchable price wise UNLESS someone goes to the websites that sell them for US green $. You can grind forever and waste time and effort in the game all you like but the wrestling scroll for 50-60,0000,000 will just not happen. These prices are just a shame, compounded by the pet system itself sucking the white PS absolutely dry, and on the other hand by the PK-murder system, that UO has been unable to devolve from from years past.
It's not about pkers really, it's the fact that fel has one thing to do... and people want to take it away. I'm fine with pet scrolls but they should come from champ spawns. You should get 10's working the spawn.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your statistics make no sense at all.
The way pvp works, yes some players can have nice suits worth a few plat, however that would give them say a 10% advantage over someone with a suit worth 20 mill. No single player PK is able to kill 2 blues at a time, let alone 3. So if your stats were correct, how would 3 PKs stop even 20 blues let alone 500 from doing champs?

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Between my wife and I we have 8 accounts each of my wifes accounts has at least 1 tamer.My accounts have a average of 3 tamers .I play multi shards yes my vote would be for Pet scrolls I do spawn and I do get raided sometimes but the problem is that alot of pets would do well with 110 and 115 scrolls these have disapeared from shard venders.Unless you have a shield and go to Atlantic. I have many pets in the Quasi land of having some scrolls and waiting on me to get that one needed from my doing a champ i play more than the average sometimes playing 18hrs or more aday being I am retired.I cant help that I am endlessly obsessed with Taming but to feed my obsession I would have to stay Champ spawning 100 percent of my time that would take away from the other parts of the game I play so I say red/green/black or blue pet scrolls and keep the white for chars nothing taken away from the ones who do the champ spawns but added better content for the pets which should have been done when they first implemented the new pet training..

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think pet damage to players needs to be greatly increased so tamers can get power scrolls in Fel, if pet power scrolls are not added to tram content.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think pet damage to players needs to be greatly increased so tamers can get power scrolls in Fel, if pet power scrolls are not added to tram content.
It was cut to 50% damage from pets and damage to pets from players was increased. It was requested by Fel players. They want to decide what templates can have success in fel.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, fine by me. :)

It was cut to 50% damage from pets and damage to pets from players was increased. It was requested by Fel players. They want to decide what templates can have success in fel.
Not me to be fair, in fact you'll find I was defending the Tamers throughout that conversation.
You are such a fickle bunch. :(
I was equally not happy about PvPers who moan about this type of thing, tamers were no threat to me.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Fel is dead. I’m sorry what’s the problem obtaining scrolls? They need to be in tram why? If you can’t hold a spawn you buy your scrolls from the person/guild that can. How about we put all scrolls in the uo store for cash. All players pay the same fee for whatever scroll they want and all the proceeds can go to further development of the game. Maybe this can fund the mobile app uo so everyone can not fight for scrolls on their phones. Think of how great it will be to log in and buy scrolls FROM YOUR PHONE!! It would be so awesome!! Better yet why not just have colored pets In The uo store and you just select what skills you want on the finished pet and just pay cash. Then you can line them all up and take a great screen shot from your phone now that uo is on the mobile from all the money you spent getting the perfect pets to do what??? What are you going to do with all these fat maxed pets that you have now that scrolls are in tram? Ish spawns? All I am hearing is I can’t pvp so move scrolls to tram so I don’t have to pay for them. New players? New players on Catskills don’t have problems. The ones I’ve run across are quickly suited and many guilds on cats are well known for their scroll generosity to help new templates get up. Our guild has even suited people to fight us. You don’t need to change the game you need to PLAY THE GAME. And help others. If I am a new player I don’t want to hear “you’re screwed man, power scrolls are out the roof you’ll never make it, go play something else there is no hope here” I want to hear “oh man what you need is a power scroll you get them at these champs spawns lets go run one we might get raided buts it’s a great day to die” I apologize for the attitude but this is a really sore spot for me and I do t know why but my blood pressure shoots way up every time I see one of these move scrolls to tram posts. Dude, come to cats I’ll spawn with ya we will die together! Or maybe just maybe the two of us and your dragon might take down the hoardes of pkers in DEAD FEL. *ends rant*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Tamers are still very strong in pvp. They have a much better chance at defending a spawn than a sampire. No change needed.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOLOL. This entire argument is so laughable. The game would be better and more populated if you could stop the griefing or multiboxing yourself by killing those players. But since its done in safe mode trammel and the GM's don't police the game itll never end. Trammel did hurt the game more then help it, Im ok with trammel being made but it shouldn't have better items then felucca. The developers had the chance to make the game better but they failed to take the proper action in time. EJ isn't gonna help the game now, its too far gone. It is just gonna help the scripters get more stuff with paying less for the game.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not about pkers really, it's the fact that fel has one thing to do... and people want to take it away.
Nobody is taking it away. You still would be able to do scrolls in Fel and fight for them if you feel like it. You just won't be able to control the supply, and a tiny minority won't be able to charge exorbitant prices fro the scrolls.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It's not about pkers really, it's the fact that fel has one thing to do... and people want to take it away. I'm fine with pet scrolls but they should come from champ spawns. You should get 10's working the spawn.
I do and I go with my guildies to Fel spawns and get them : the drop rate is poor at best, and most are not usable by pets. Unless we camp the spawns for hours/days on end then we may get some usable ones. Unless we get raided by reds which has not happened (yet). There is also a limited time to do this due to work and real life..Fel also has other nice thinks like high resources and some other goodies that we like.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You consent to pvp the moment you step into the fel ruleset.

He most likely is aware of this..But I guess he is expressing some disappointment that his work on the spawn and boss for an hour or so got taken away by another player with a char that is not geared to do spawns, but to specifically PK other players..
Its just part of this game so far (has been for ages). It has always been. It also sounds like he is not a PKer. Its just a legal way to rip-off or exploit another players hard earned efforts and cause grief and disappointment. One of the negatives in the game. Legal in UO, but not very ethical in the general sense.
Tamers are still very strong in pvp. They have a much better chance at defending a spawn than a sampire. No change needed.
Hard to believe that any tamer char with their 5-slot pet ( any pet ) can stand a chance against an expert PKer parry-stealth mage who is geared specifically and only specifically to kill players. I will tell you that one expert PKer can take down not one but several tamers with ease, and wipe out an entire spawning team, after the tamers clear the spawn, kill the boss and get the PS. Tamers are not PK toons, and most are not interested in doing that, so they also are for the most part not experienced/able at defending/fighting back and can usually only fight back with their pets, and that is their weak point. That is common knowledge. The pet as a weapon has no value after the tamer is killed by the PK, and there are many ways to immobilize/trap the pets and make them useless...

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Like most I can write about this for days. A few key points for me:

Tamers. When I built a tamer it took me a year. A full year. Power hour everyday. Grinding dagger isle for that precious .1 then one day I awoke to advanced character tokens and jewelry. A player could now pay for a tamer token, find or purchase a +20 ring and they now enjoyed all the benefits of the tamer I spent a year building. Now we have a mythic token and mastery gains. 120 tamers are soooooo easy to make. So I will not ask forgiveness when I say I have zero sympathy for your struggle to obtain power scrolls. I am confident it doesn’t take a year. Had I not had a full time job etc etc insert your life here, I prolly could have done it faster. But like many of you I do have a real life. So I totally understand. I also have no sympathy for you having to train your pets. This was always part of taming, and I take joy in that now since the actual tamer takes hardly anytime at all to build. Personal opinion and feelings.

It is quite clear that what TB Has said repeatedly and I will now repeat again like a parrot, give the fel ruleset everything that is available in tram. You don’t have to do anything to make it pvp based cause fel already is pvp based. So if you are doing shadowguard in fel yeah your more than likely going to have a raid waiting for you. If those raiding players are better than you, you are going to lose and feel like you wasted your time. That is a mindset. If we play a game of chess and I lose, have I wasted my time? When a football team loses the super bowl, did they waste their time?

How difficult would it be to add all the trammel content to fel, effectively doubling the rendering load etc etc. I am no programmer or game developer, but I am guessing this would be minimally ALOT of copied code and twice the load on servers. I think it’s a great idea. Players who want to fight can play the pvp ruleset, have the risk of getting raided, the elation of defeating the raiders, if they so choose. Would some be beaten down and throw their hand up in despair tired of losing everyday in a game they pay for? Yes, that’s why we now have tram. The difference to me at this point would be the choice of going to fel for that content and that added risk. Similar to the choice of playing siege. But again, would this not double the load on the server?

I have consistently observed comments in this thread and many others referencing dead shards. These shards are not dead to those who have lived their entire uo lives there. Let me be clear on that.

What if, we took these dead shards and made the entire shard fel ruleset? You could choose to log into a fel shard with full content or a tram shard with the exact same content. Well who the hell would risk getting raided if they could get the stuff safely. Only people who like the challenge of pvp. Who would play the safe shards? Everyone else.

What would be the reward for playing the fel shards? The scrolls aren’t worth anything cause everyone pretty much has them from the majority of players on tram shards making them readily available and for much less as the supply has drastically increased as the demand has dropped. So the only reward for playing the fel shards would be bragging rights, the controlling of content by guilds that hold and defend that content, the reward is I WIN. And that’s pretty much it, but for the players that truely love to pvp, this has always been the reward, the loot is nice too, but the win is why they fight.

So what about all the people on these dead shards that don’t want to play the fel ruleset but now their shard is being converted? Well now that’s a problem. You have a nice castle, all decorated etc etc. that castle is already taken on the tram shards. So how do the devs deal with that? How do they compensate you for the loss of your spot, the upheaval of relocating you when you already have your tram spot. Why should you have to move? And even if every player agreed to relocate, I can’t even fathom the logistics in relocating all those accounts and their associated pets, banks etc. I mean it’s one thing to transfer toon pets and bank. But to put you back in a house complete with all your stuff and every tile just how it was......there are what 8 devs on the team? Doesn’t seem doable.

What if we took the least populated shard out there and converted it to the fel ruleset? Moved the minimal amount of people to tram shards? Leaving this one fel shard, with insurance all content the whole nine yards. Let’s just say that minimum amount of people were willing to be relocated, and let’s just say that the devs somehow found the time to relocate them. Ok now we are making ground EXCEPT omg how do we get all the pvpers from all other shards over to this one fel shard? Another logistical nightmare. Would they even be willing to re locate? I mean they payed their fees for twenty years also! And the game was originally ALL PVP so I can easily see the outcry. They wanted tram, they wanted scrolls in tram make all tram shards and move them! Oh dear, this is a mess.

How many members are active on uo stratics? How many people firing off their solutions to uo? All of us can not agree on what is best for the game cause we all have different play styles and expectations for our sub fees. Again and again I see comments about the devs bad decisions, the devs lack of policing, the devs THE DAMNED DEVS. There 8 of them, how many of us? Firing away are personal wants and expecting them to make everyone happy.

They are never going to make everyone happy. Someone is going to have to lose. Someone is going to be mad. Someone is going to demand refunds. Someone is going to not understand why they can’t just give you back the pixels that poofed. Why they can’t just make new shards. Why they just can’t make pet scrolls. Why can’t I have my own shard? Because messanna said I couldn’t that’s why. I asked her, can I have my own shard? She said no. I lost. She is an obvious bully. Kyronix messana is griefing me and ruining my gameplay please ban her. I pay my fees why shouldn’t I have my own shard?

So we can’t double the load on the servers. We can’t separate the servers. And it has been made quite clear that I can not have my own shard.

Since I am a very giving and generous individual, I will gladly donate the shard that I can’t and never had to be a fel shard. One shard. One all fel shard. Play it or don’t. So simple right??

But we currently have fel. Play it or don’t. To make a whole new fel shard would be awesome, and I would gladly transfer or just make new toons there. And I would be so stoked to have that choice. Hey babe wanna get down let’s go to fel shard and get it on! You know dear, I’ve had a long day, what say we just grab a beer or twenty and chill on a tram shard I’m not up for looking over my shoulder all night. Sure babe, we can play fel shard tomorrow. My home is a very happy place where we always compromise and agree. And now that we have two shards to choose from we get along so much better! Thanks uo! Thanks for making an all fel shard and saving my marriage. Oh wait, damn, just remembered, my wife dont like pvp AT ALL. THANKS UO THANKS FOR THE DIVORCE.

People, we have the longest running mmo in the world. The longest gaming guilds and relationships EVER. IMO this has much to do with the release, this was unheard of in 97, which is what hooked most of us and it’s why we are still here. There was nothing else like uo in 97 and many of us believe there is nothing like it now. Hence “returning” players, myself included, cause when I woke up to the easy tamer, then the limit to my tames, yeah I quit, cause I was a quitter. I lost. I allowed myself to lose with my mindset of why can they have ina day what took me so long to achieve? I QUIT. I lost, to myself to my mindset. Eventually my love of uo is overcame my anger at the insult of the advanced character token and the skill jewlery and I returned, to find things very different and was suddenly sorry I had missed all that time. Sampire? What’s that? Solo champs GTFO I’ll take ten!!

So here we are, debating when we could be playing.

If you attended a school or have been subjected to the everybody wins school of thought, the everyone gets a ribbon train, I am sorry to inform you, great concept, not reality. No one can win uo. But you can win fights. As individuals, as guilds. All the points have been made over and over. Do roof sell cameos buy scrolls. Why can’t we just have scrolls in tram? Why can’t we just have scrolls in fel? Trammies ruined the game. Pvpers ruined uo. Blah blah blah. Same arguments, same fence, same result. Uo is a virtual sandbox and there for is very much like the real world in many ways. It ain’t fair, and there are losers, there are cheaters. There are multiple opinions and solutions. Real life is a hard thing to quit, but a game can be quite easy to quit, you just stop paying. We all have choices you can choose to not play in fel. You can choose to not play in tram. You can choose to not play at all. And those choices can change over time. Please please stop expecting any development team to satisfy everyone. Please stop trying to change the game every three months. Please just stop and come play uo with me. I’ll spawn with you, you can have the scrolls, I don’t care cause uo isn’t about power scrolls for me it’s about friends and I my case fights with friends sometimes against friends and win or lose guess what? We are still friends.

So many arguments we can do this till the end of time, we have done this for 20 years. This same argument and it really boils down to being a sore loser. If you don’t like the game quit. If everyone quits then that will be it, game over. If enough people quit that the game can’t sustain itself then those who didn’t quit, well they lose. And there’s no amount of posting in The world that would change that cause they just can’t keep the lights on.

All the rares, the houses, the castles, the taverns the history. Nothing now but memories. No more game.

Is that what we want? NO IT ISNT.

Tram didn’t ruin UO. Hell pet specific scrolls or even scrolls in tram won’t ruin UO. Although the day that happens is the day I close all my accounts permantly, because at that point I would choose to quit. Not because I can’t make gold or real money off scrolls but because I am tired of the game changing every time someone loses.

My primary shard is cats. Most know me there and can vouch for me when I say I am bad. I am not good at pvp, but I do love it. I die, I die a lot. I just don’t cry about it.

We ruined uo. US. Because we are humans and two adult humans can not spend time together without disagreeing. So since we can’t all have what we want, and since we all can’t be winners, let’s just either accept our position, strengths and weaknesses in this virtual world and deal with it just like we do in real life. So you don’t have pet specific scrolls. I don’t have cool artisan festival gifts I have crafters, I have bods, I have resources, I just prefer to hunt and spawn as much as those of you who prefer to not spawn. So I don’t get those items but would trade scroll for them.

Did I mention I can write for days about this?

Pubg is currently to my knowledge the number one game in the world. Nothing but pvp. Entirely pvp. Does that mean if we make uo entirely pvp we will experience the same results as pubg? Of coarse not. And if we entirely removed pvp from UO would it suddenly skyrocket to the top? NOPE.

Several times people in this thread alone have cited THE NEW PLAYERS save the noobs! How will the ever get started? How will they survive? If I go back 5 or 6 pages I think I will find the OP suggesting that pet specific power scrolls will keep new players in the game. Maybe. If they choose to play a tamer. And if they spend real dollars on a mythic. Or spend ALOT of time training. And after all that are they really going to say OH MAN i gotta buy a scroll now after all that f it I quit! Maybe, I dunno, everyone is different.

I will also add

What new players??? I haven’t seen a young status in ages that wasn’t someone’s alt. Show me a totally cold new uo player. Show me the person just stumbled across this 20 yr old mmo and said I’ll give that a try only to realize they should have started 20 years ago like the rest of us cause now it’s impossible to be a noob right? Show me that person that quit because they were so discouraged by the economy.

And will show you a player that quit because they had no excitement, no encouragement, no comrades in arms. Bring this new player to me. I will make a noob right there with them and we will start killing rats in Britain sewers like I did 20 years ago. I will gladly build a toon right next to this new player because I’m doing so I will earn a friend.

We ruined uo. Because you see kids, in UO there is no justice, there is only JUST US.

I’m going to game tomorrow. What are you doing?

Thanks for reading.

Daemon’s Player

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hay they shouldnt have nerfed pets i was quite ready to ram it back down there throats stuff it up and back down my point wasnt trying to take away it was just adding to .I have as many houses or more than most in Fel I also play actively Siege which alot dont do I was stating the pets needed seperate scrolls from chars. So you 3rd class operaators could still make your income in real cadh money.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Its just part of this game so far (has been for ages). It has always been. It also sounds like he is not a PKer. Its just a legal way to rip-off or exploit another players hard earned efforts and cause grief and disappointment. One of the negatives in the game. Legal in UO, but not very ethical in the general sense.

I understand your point. So if I spend and hour doing shadow guard rooms, for no reward, then hit the roof and 20minutes later the fourth boss drops the whole party and we all get kicked out and have to restart the final portion, we have effectively been ripped off and exploited? I have put in an hour and twenty minutes of hard effort and having nothing to show for it, which does indeed disappoint me not to mention my grief. And to think I lost to something that has no brain and is not making decisions as fast as I am and is not reacting to changes in real time, makes me even sadder. Such a negative. Losing is losing does it really matter if you lose to a player or a program? IMO I prefer to lose to a player, at least then I can say, that guy was good, as opposed to I am just bad, which I am. Wanna play uo?

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You can grind forever and waste time and effort in the game all you like but the wrestling scroll for 50-60,0000,000 will just not happen.
I am going to have to disagree with you here. Medusa is a really easy encounter. A slither will get you three wrestle scrolls easy. Yes it’s a grind. Yes it sucks gathering eggs. Yes between my wife and I we have obtained 6 slithers this year. I bet if we were to sell them we could get a play out of em. Way easier than roof, BUT, you’ll get faster drops from roof, slither takes awhile or a lot of real luck, not he in game kind, but if you keep after it, eventually they drop. She also drops minor artis almost every run that turn in for a cool 5k points each, that adds up real fast. For awhile we were hosting coffee with ,Edina on Sunday mornings on Catskills. After supplying eggs and gorgon lenses for five weeks, we began to notice something. The same people were showing up every week, but after five weeks, none of them were bringing their own gorgon lenses. Maybe two people took time to go get her the dust needed to make the lenses. So after five weeks of handing our gorgon lenses, players having every oppurtunitty to get her scales and gather dust to make their own lenses, no one did. They just wanted the chance at the slither. Ethical gameplay? So we stopped. To this day Bytor hosts net tosses once a week,many attend, some come from other shards to participate, and Catskills welcomes them, think anyone brought him any white nets? Very very few when compared to those attending. Ethical gameplay? Not really, but he still does it, every week. Props Bytor. Anyways,totally off topic, net tosses have nothing to do with scrolls, except for that one tile soul forge tat sells for what? If I had one for 150 mil would any of ou buy it? Cause that’s three wrestle scrolls just for showin up and getting lucky.

Hey, anyone wanna play uo?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do and I go with my guildies to Fel spawns and get them : the drop rate is poor at best, and most are not usable by pets. Unless we camp the spawns for hours/days on end then we may get some usable ones. Unless we get raided by reds which has not happened (yet). There is also a limited time to do this due to work and real life..Fel also has other nice thinks like high resources and some other goodies that we like.
Like I said, I'm fine upping the scrolls, and adding in pet scrolls. Just not in tram.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody is taking it away. You still would be able to do scrolls in Fel and fight for them if you feel like it. You just won't be able to control the supply, and a tiny minority won't be able to charge exorbitant prices fro the scrolls.
If you could do something 100 times easier, in tram then there is no point in it even existing in fel. You just need to accept that there is ONE thing in the game that you have to risk your safety to get. One thing designed specifically to be a thing to pvp over. One. Measly. Thing.

If I said it once, I said it 100000000 times, no one controls power scrolls. People too disinterested, afraid or lazy to get their own scrolls have just invented a fiction that it's impossible to get your own, and it's just not true. You will eventually get raided, and eventually be killed, but so what? It's really not a big deal at all, and it won't even happen most of the time. The rest of the time you get guaranteed rewards.

And for the record the scrolls i've sold over the years were sold dramatically below market rate, if not just given away, and were 100% attained through pvm (some solo, some in a group). In fact there were pks who were annoyed with me for selling primers so cheaply when they first came out. But guess what, I kept getting them and selling them cheap anyway. Because really all you have to do... is make a simple effort.

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Also if the PK'ers do not like this change, how many are they: 3-4 in each shard? 10 maybe (doubt it). If the 500 non PK players want to have pet-specific scrolls, who is the majority?
I do not know if you are referring to over all or per shard, but there are an easy 10 active pvpers in our guild and we aren’t on atl. So if
“I will tell you that one expert PKer can take down not one but several tamers with ease, and wipe out an entire spawning team,”
One pk can take out a whole team of tamers, and britannia is not a democracy, factoring in that we have a fake king, which makes britannia effectively an anarchy, and knowing that the strong rule in an anarchy, taking into consideration that the “pk’s” are currently controlling the power scrolls ( hence this thread if I am following correctly) I will have to question how strong your majority is? Where are those 500 people? Not in fel. So if I am following correctly, the majority 500 people have no hope of beating the “3-4” pkers and there fore the game should be changed and the prized moves a safe zone where the 500 of you won’t have to fight the 4 (we actually have ten) of us to get them?
I know I know you don’t have 500 logged in at the same time, but to be fair, we rarely have 10 all on at the same time. We can still safely assume that we have a 50 to 1 ratio roughly. I can’t further assume that of these 50 people to one pker, 6 of them can be logged in at the same time. I will further assume that three of these six people can cast explosion and flame strike. I will make a wild suggestion that those three cast those spells at that one person at the same time. I am assuming he dies. Crazy right? So many assumptions. Anyways,

Seriously, I am bad, but if you ever want to spar, trade blows or just flat out brawl, hit me up. You will be surprised how fast you can pick up on this whole when the other player has no hit points we win gig.

I don’t have a toon on siege yet, want to make a toon there with me? We can die together, it’s a great day for it.

Anyone wanna play uo?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It IS just part of the game. It's not unethical, or mean, or anything... it's just a game. If people stopped looking at this like you are losing something it would really alter the situation. You go to fel, you work a spawn, you get killed... so what?? Go back, and try again. You WILL get through many, and you WILL get scrolls.

I also have to add that people really need to stop obsessing over 120's for pets. They don't need them. 10's and 15's are perfectly acceptable, especially for wrestling. Do the math, the difference between 115 and 120 is like 3% chance to hit. 6% 120 vs 110. It's honestly not even worth the points. Remember, we only had ONE pet with even the capability to hit 120 before the pet revamp. I know everyone wants to max everything to the hilt just because but really, you don't need to.

I think the only 120 that is really worth getting is discord which is not that expensive (2m-ish, and even maxed seems kinda underwhelming on a pet and a real ass ache to gain.