• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Bleak, @Mesana Pet specific Power scrolls

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
*sips tea*
Regarding the truth Mal just said, I think it’s funny because much of the stuff suggested by people that could bring in new and returning people is *usually* screamed about by the people that have most everything. I’m not saying that everyone that has a huge collection of scrolls, or many a platinum cheats or has done anything dishonest. But I find they typically are the ones that try and nail down anything that could help starting players.

Just today I logged in Atlantic, and just to see, asked someone a question (very basic) regarding stable slots.
The response I got was not pleasant, included 3 swear words, and I was told *explicitly* that I should take my *** off somewhere to a different game because I am just more *competition* for the good stuff.

People like these have ruined this game for everyone else. I’m honestly to the point where if they just scrapped all of this and started anew or just plain shut it down, I’m not sure I wouldn’t be indifferent.

People like @MalagAste and some others (memory is awful) give me hope. But I fear that hope is being overshadowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*sips tea*
Regarding the truth Mal just said, I think it’s funny because much of the stuff suggested by people that could bring in new and returning people is *usually* screamed about by the people that have most everything. I’m not saying that everyone that has a huge collection of scrolls, or many a platinum cheats or has done anything dishonest. But I find they typically are the ones that try and nail down anything that could help starting players.

Just today I logged in Atlantic, and just to see, asked someone a question (very basic) regarding stable slots.
The response I got was not pleasant, included 3 swear words, and I was told *explicitly* that I should take my *** off somewhere to a different game because I am just more *competition* for the good stuff.

People like these have ruined this game for everyone else. I’m honestly to the point where if they just scrapped all of this and started anew or just plain shut it down, I’m not sure I wouldn’t be indifferent.

People like @MalagAste and some others (memory is awful) give me hope. But I fear that hope is being overshadowed.

Sadly and I really hate to say this but this is what the DEVs have been breeding for years now... they were warned... but they do not listen. Mesanna thinks that dropping the number of drops will improve this situation... but she's been informed that it will only make it worse... though this falls on deaf ears. I grow tired of seeing it and for a time was ready to throw in the towel and quit.

Then they did the Pet Revamp followed by the 20th anniversary grindfest... it gave me enough to do to last till Halloween... now if I don't grow extremely disgusted and bored between now and whatever they do next... I might stay... currently sorting and cleaning up all my homes is taking time so I might not quit anytime soon as I have a heck of a lot of crap to clean up... but I am growing bored and disgusted again so who knows.

Pray the DEVs come to their senses soon and start making things more fun, less grindy and more community oriented and they move away from the greed... but the more they feed the rares community the more everyone else gets shafted and disgusted or they turn to cheating... botting and multiboxing... between that and the gold spammer I hate to think what new/returning players think of the state of UO... I can't think it's anything good.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don’t understand the omg soooo’z spensive arguments I read. An hour a day for 2-3 weeks at the roof with a group you will care less about a 40m wrestle scroll. Stop being so damn lazy. The reasons spawns are dead are because the scrolls are so cheap. Why would you go work a spawn to have a slim chance at making gold? You can brainlessly and effortlessly go to Trammel be 10000% safe and pretty much chain high end content all day with literally 0 competition. If you’ve played the game for 15+ years RPing and aren’t rich..it has nothing to do with the economy. It has everything to do with how your playing. If you’re wasting time in an Ilsh spawn. That’s a good start...if your spending hours and hours farming ettins..that’s a good reason. It literallly take 3-5 days to cap a sampire and can solo the whole freaking game. Maybe people who actually understand UO should be teaching the new people. It’s the easiest game out there. Gain skills(which is EXTREMELY fast), kill high end mobs..make millions.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
simple answer, get the scrolls yourself, or do other content and buy them.

i dont get whey people are complaining, you only need wrestle, 110 or higher for pvm. 120 resist, 120 wrestle, 120mage is for pvp, and the people complaining arent pvp.
seriously, test your pet and the actual difference between 100 skills and 120. i wouldnt even waste the points on things like tact and anatomy on a pet. damage was capped anyway a long time ago after people complained how high damage GDs were doing.

I dont like buying things for any of my characters. that doesnt mean i want these items for sale for nothing. because if they were, we'd be right back in the same situation with no reason to do content.

Considering that high end greater dragons used to sell for 500m to 1billion gold, and dreads about the same, spending 100m on scrolls to make the same quality pet seems like people should be happy. Plus, if you absolutely have no gold, you can still use a greater dragon. someone would probably give you one for free. Zero scrolls required.

i dont see the problem. For those complaining they cant make gold because they dont pvp, i havent done a spawn in about 4 years and have tons of gold. We just had 3 months of global content that was very valuable, if you took advantage of that youd have the gold to buy pet scrolls. Point is theres plenty of things to do, and to profit off of in UO. if you dont like getting the scrolls yourself, you can just buy them. UO is one of the easiest games because of this. If scrolls were character bound, i could see non-pvpers complaining.

gold has little to do with pvp so let the PVPers have at least one worthwhile thing to make fel content worthwhile.

CatSmax

Visitor
The present Pwer Scroll system, is so unbalanced that new/incoming UO players are faced with obtaining 120 - 115 - 110 Powerscrolls at a huge cost, that is impossible for most to ever get the funds for. As a result they will be forced to buy them outside the game, with green $, something that so far has been not condoned by UO. Or they may be forced to leave the game.
You need to create a lesser need for white PS, by creating a likely blessed PS that is specific for pets only. Make that drop for these PET-PS be available from other sources, including TRAM, Tokuno, Eodon, and Ilsh, and make them to be in Treasure maps of medium to high level, and/OR other bosses, and allow Fel Tmaps drop them more frequently.
This will tend to stabilize the economy by bringing the white PS prices down, and more available to newcomers. This may make it easier for any newcomers to STAY in the game, and really-really boost treasure hunting, taming, and guild activity (people getting together for lev 7 Tmaps) like you have never seen for a decade.
The new pet system was a very nice boost for the game, but created a gigantic rift/flaw in the PS economy. The cure for this can only be ONE : Pet specific power scrolls. Give them a different color if you wish (Red to spite the reds that benefit from the new system, or green to spite the green $ mongers that benefit with green $ covertly, and against the game rules). Also make them blessed, since they are for a commodity that is potentially perishable : Tamer's Pets.
This does not pertain to the upcoming free version, but current production servers, but one can see it possibly being tested in the new server.
This will require minimum actual programming code change to no change, just ADDING a new item
Pet-specific PS that would work for all pets, and ONLY pets.
Benefits:
==Stabilize economy of a valuable resource : White PS's, and the game in ways
==Increase incoming/staying new players.
==Boost T-hunting massively
==Boost taming
==The present PK/PVP system stays the same, for the White, player PS as always obtained the same way as usually, and white PS stay non-blessed same as now
==Diminish illegal activities such as green$ PS, duping etc
I wonder how may people would agree with these recommendations/ideas
Im a returning player, I been playing on and off for 14years. Is hard to keep up with all the changes they keep adding to the game, then u add the crazy prices of everything in game. Its discouraging for sure, so to do a tamer 6 ps in char skills and then u add the pet ps. how much money would u need only on p.s? how long will it take to be able to afford all that?for 1 character

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don’t understand the omg soooo’z spensive arguments I read. An hour a day for 2-3 weeks at the roof with a group you will care less about a 40m wrestle scroll. Stop being so damn lazy. The reasons spawns are dead are because the scrolls are so cheap. Why would you go work a spawn to have a slim chance at making gold? You can brainlessly and effortlessly go to Trammel be 10000% safe and pretty much chain high end content all day with literally 0 competition. If you’ve played the game for 15+ years RPing and aren’t rich..it has nothing to do with the economy. It has everything to do with how your playing. If you’re wasting time in an Ilsh spawn. That’s a good start...if your spending hours and hours farming ettins..that’s a good reason. It literallly take 3-5 days to cap a sampire and can solo the whole freaking game. Maybe people who actually understand UO should be teaching the new people. It’s the easiest game out there. Gain skills(which is EXTREMELY fast), kill high end mobs..make millions.

Well thank you for informing us that we are playing the wrong way.

:lame:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

i dont get whey people are complaining, you only need wrestle, 110 or higher for pvm. 120 resist, 120 wrestle, 120mage is for pvp, and the people complaining arent pvp.
seriously, test your pet and the actual difference between 100 skills and 120. i wouldnt even waste the points on things like tact and anatomy on a pet. damage was capped anyway a long time ago after people complained how high damage GDs were doing.

I dont like buying things for any of my characters. that doesnt mean i want these items for sale for nothing. because if they were, we'd be right back in the same situation with no reason to do content.

Considering that high end greater dragons used to sell for 500m to 1billion gold, and dreads about the same, spending 100m on scrolls to make the same quality pet seems like people should be happy. Plus, if you absolutely have no gold, you can still use a greater dragon. someone would probably give you one for free. Zero scrolls required.

i dont see the problem. For those complaining they cant make gold because they dont pvp, i havent done a spawn in about 4 years and have tons of gold. We just had 3 months of global content that was very valuable, if you took advantage of that youd have the gold to buy pet scrolls. Point is theres plenty of things to do, and to profit off of in UO. if you dont like getting the scrolls yourself, you can just buy them. UO is one of the easiest games because of this. If scrolls were character bound, i could see non-pvpers complaining.

gold has little to do with pvp so let the PVPers have at least one worthwhile thing to make fel content worthwhile.
Oh silly me I didn't realize 120 scrolls where specifically for pvp. What was I thinking

Again. :lame:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh silly me I didn't realize 120 scrolls where specifically for pvp. What was I thinking

Again. :lame:
for a pet. big difference.

do some testing. the only 120 i would even think about scrolling a pet with is wrestle for pvm.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im a returning player, I been playing on and off for 14years. Is hard to keep up with all the changes they keep adding to the game, then u add the crazy prices of everything in game. Its discouraging for sure, so to do a tamer 6 ps in char skills and then u add the pet ps. how much money would u need only on p.s? how long will it take to be able to afford all that?for 1 character
if your a casual player who doesnt need a status symbol pet, get a 110 wrestle and call it a day. if your not happy with your pet, and want to tweak it or get into the game, you have plenty of time to decide whats best for you. keep in mind that UO advances very slowly with changes you actually need to make. people have to adjust and re-gear entirely in games like wow every couple months. one of the reasons i like UO, because its relatively low time/gold cost compared to other games.

CatSmax

Visitor
if your a casual player who doesnt need a status symbol pet, get a 110 wrestle and call it a day. if your not happy with your pet, and want to tweak it or get into the game, you have plenty of time to decide whats best for you. keep in mind that UO advances very slowly with changes you actually need to make. people have to adjust and re-gear entirely in games like wow every couple months. one of the reasons i like UO, because its relatively low time/gold cost compared to other games.
I play in cats, barely any ps for sale
Is not about status. I have in my pets 110 and 115 no problem. However not every shard is atl and isnt always easy even buying them. I only talk about p.s, then u add new gear and primes. Im giving my opinion base on my situation and how hard can it be to start from scratch when u lost ur house and most of your valuables.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
. Pets should naturally 120 in any skill thru trainning. Player character scrolls should never had been involved with PETS the fact they withheld that info as long as they did in testing was Pancaking Bull Snit. they knew a large population would be pissed.

120 vs 115... well if the top damager system was not so borked it would not make a difference but if I do more damage, even if its a little it makes ALL the difference.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

The problem here is Atlantic and the fact the trolls gravitated there because it gave their attention seeking the largest audience.

Returning players should be encouraged to try the smaller servers like Chesapeake, Catskills or Great Lakes. Unless they are otherwise engaged art the time, the people of Chesapeake tend to be helpful. If when I originally returned to uo, was on Atlantic, I would have probably canceled my account for good.

Not saying there aren't nice people on Atlantic, just the loud mouths tend to drown those out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Sorry I don't play UO to make a living. I play to have fun and enjoy the company of others. I'm sorry... I don't sell things I get. Not often... occasionally if someone is that desperate perhaps. I'm sorry most of what I have I give to others... outfitting new/returning players etc.... and yes often GIVING them scrolls... shame on me.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
. Pets should naturally 120 in any skill thru trainning. Player character scrolls should never had been involved with PETS the fact they withheld that info as long as they did in testing was Pancaking Bull Snit. they knew a large population would be pissed.

120 vs 115... well if the top damager system was not so borked it would not make a difference but if I do more damage, even if its a little it makes ALL the difference.
the loot system has nothing to do with a 120 scroll, for a pet, actually the opposite. having 100 wrestle would be better than 120 if we're just talking loot rights. your pet would get hit more, and you could heal it more. which all counts towards looting rights.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the loot system has nothing to do with a 120 scroll,
Well Smoot that is just a matter of preference. More time slap dash healing or more time dealing damage with both character and pet. It also does not change the fact that Character Power scrolls should be for our Characters and not our pets.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sips tea*

Play on LS. We love tamers. Returning player came back yesterday and gave away 2 white Cus and one red. He wants to use other pets.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Play on LS. We love tamers. Returning player came back yesterday and gave away 2 white Cus and one red. He wants to use other pets.
I’m thinking of shipping some stuff there and building up somewhere with a stateside player base. I play on European shards and since I work during their typical play time it’s rare to see anyone except for the weekends.
Just not sure about shipping a tamer there or just buying a mythic token and starting one from scratch. All depends on availability of scrolls I think.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are players on LS at midnight central and 8am central. There are a few players from somewhere about 12 hours apart.

Pet scrolls and taming mastery 3 are hard to get on LS. (expensive)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I don't play UO to make a living. I play to have fun and enjoy the company of others. I'm sorry... I don't sell things I get. Not often... occasionally if someone is that desperate perhaps. I'm sorry most of what I have I give to others... outfitting new/returning players etc.... and yes often GIVING them scrolls... shame on me.
I mean you choose how you play right? I think the point here is that you should be adapting yourself to the game, rather than the other way around. If you don't wanna work spawns or earn gold to buy scrolls, then you should accept that you may have issues getting the scrolls you want. *shrug*

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean you choose how you play right? I think the point here is that you should be adapting yourself to the game, rather than the other way around. If you don't wanna work spawns or earn gold to buy scrolls, then you should accept that you may have issues getting the scrolls you want. *shrug*
That just makes too much sense. What about the 3rd option? Cry, pancake, and moan..till someone caters to you. I didn’t see that in your list. Oh well..next time.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That just makes too much sense. What about the 3rd option? Cry, pancake, and moan..till someone caters to you. I didn’t see that in your list. Oh well..next time.

Really? Did you actually just go there? Should I resurect the whine fest thread about overpowered pets when they changed them? Oh let me guess thats different right ::rolls eyes::

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thought the game was an MMO-RPG... not a web cash generating scheme... When I bought the game I bought it because it was advertised as an MMO-RPG...

I think it has devolved.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I play in cats, barely any ps for sale

Is not about status. I have in my pets 110 and 115 no problem. However not every shard is atl and isnt always easy even buying them.
This. On shards other than Atlantic, due to shard shields and vendor fees, the vendor commerce is almost non-existent. The only way to buy or sell something expensive is to spend weeks spamming gen chat until you luck out. This is the reason I object to scrolls being shard bound. At least now I have the option of importing what I need from Atl.

Make them shard bound and two things will happen - 1) the prices on Atl will go even higher 2)the scrolls will be just as unavailable on other shards as before, because vendor fees and low turnover did not go anywhere. I feel I can say this with some confidence because this is exactly what is happening with masteries.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a lot of people are confusing "new player" with "trammel player", I bet i could train a new player to be able to get 120 scrolls and raid spawns with us in a few weeks. I think certain trammel players would like to take advantage and obtain these theorised pet powerscrolls that would supposedly be in trammel for "new" players. I mean sure, lets allow powerscrolls to be able to be gotten in trammel, so long as they can only be eaten by (young) status.

Can i hear an argument against this?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a macro listing for a parry mage:
Please note, for "new players" this list will be infinitely more valuable than 120 meditation powerscoll: Teach a man to fish and all that,

last target: wheel up
target self: wheel down

DEFENSIVE:
weaken (also aggressive)
mini heal
greater heal
cure
arch cure
eat apple
invis
recall
teleport
wall of stone
drink heal pot
drink cure pot
drink refresh pot
(drink dex)
(drink str) - can make into one macro with uoa
bless
protection
magic reflect
dispel field
use item type trapped box
heighten senses

AGGRESSIVE:
disarm (also drag the special out of the book so you can see when it's active)
shield bash
supernova pot
conflag pot
curse
magic arrow
fireball
harm
lightning
poison
mindblast
e-bolt
explode
flamestrike
paralise
mana vampire
meteor swarm or chain lightning
earthquake
summon deamon

energy field
para field
poison field

General use:

last spell, so it makes it easier to just cast the spells below more than once, the last spell macro won't count the spells that are macrod,
last object
all names
dismount self
mount
bandage mount
mount ethereal
dismount and bola
select next mobile (uo macro)
use skill tracking
use skill hide
opendoor
dress
arm alternate (high sdi book or dragon slayer)
disarm right hand

bank guards recsu recdu
all follow me
all kill
all guard me
all stay
all stop
(mount name) stop, (mount name) follow me - in 1 macro - mervyn will explain why

Spells you can just drag onto the desktop and double click when you need:

dispel
mass dispel
res
energy vortex
nightsight
telekenisis
reveal
polymorph (for baracoon)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think a lot of people are confusing "new player" with "trammel player", I bet i could train a new player to be able to get 120 scrolls and raid spawns with us in a few weeks. I think certain trammel players would like to take advantage and obtain these theorised pet powerscrolls that would supposedly be in trammel for "new" players. I mean sure, lets allow powerscrolls to be able to be gotten in trammel, so long as they can only be eaten by (young) status.

Can i hear an argument against this?
Some players want to be able to go to a spawn and complete the requirements and get the rewards. Why does defense against harassment need to be worked into their template?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spells you can just drag onto the desktop and double click when you need:

dispel
mass dispel
res
energy vortex
nightsight
telekenisis
reveal
polymorph (for baracoon)

I know I've been out of the pvp world for a while now. But since when is it ok for a mage to not have dispel on a macro? Rookies. :p

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pawain, why bother playing online at all if you don't want to compete? why not just play offline and pvm. There are plenty of monsters to kill in trammel, you get medusa and doom in trammel which you don't get in fel. You have dread horn and travesty. I really wish they would make a trammel only shard and a fel only shard. You will see how the economy works.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I've been out of the pvp world for a while now. But since when is it ok for a mage to not have dispel on a macro? Rookies. :p
Dispel doesn't work anymore (only on revenant it works) the summons resist it, only mass dispel works.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Smoot that is just a matter of preference. More time slap dash healing or more time dealing damage with both character and pet. It also does not change the fact that Character Power scrolls should be for our Characters and not our pets.
They're "A legendary/mythical/exalted/wondrous scroll of 'skill'". Nowhere in game is it described as a character power scroll.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pawain, why bother playing online at all if you don't want to compete? why not just play offline and pvm.
Diablo 3. Same idea different graphics. Kill monsters and get stuff.By yourself or in a group. They got rid of non consensual PvP a long time ago. Compare the amount of players. UO could have those players and the ones who want to do the many other parts of the game.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
go play diablo 3 then
Lots more stuff to do on UO. I have hungry pets to feed. 5 new Cus, a Reptalon 3 hiryus.

I needz me some scrolls!

And the Artisan festival will start soon.

I play all the time and don't have all the stuffs. These casual gamers want to have fun also.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots more stuff to do on UO. I have hungry pets to feed. 5 new Cus, a Reptalon 3 hiryus.

I needz me some scrolls!

And the Artisan festival will start soon.

I play all the time and don't have all the stuffs. These casual gamers want to have fun also.
As do I, they're so easy to get, you don't even have to do the spawn, normally a blue sampire will do it for you and you just kill the sampire then kill the champ, very easy game.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yes but your style, the PKer style, has it so that you wait for sampire to really do it all for you, like spend 30 mins to advance and kill all the spawn, then kill the champion in another 20-30 minutes, then you kill the sampire, with a PKer character that could in no way do the spawn or the champion, but is specifically made to PK, i.e. murder and rob other palyers, without honor, without shame?
Right so every newby/incoming/returning player will need to turn themselves into this, just so they can get pet scrolls, or white scrolls or powercrolls.
Ooooh, what a nice state of mind we are promoting..Very nice and friendly.
This is the RPG/alternate reality parallel of a social psychopath in electronic form. I really mean PK, and not PVP. PVP is comparatively equal players competing for fun, and agreeing to do so mutually. PK is a different story. It is the real life equivalent of social psychopathy. But again, this game is a true sandbox : You as a player make of it what pleases you. It is just for some people hard to conceptualize the mindset of the griefer-PKer. But I guess as a sandbox, a game should have its dreaded psychopaths.
The problem now however is that a new commodity was introduced to this game : Pets upgraded like never before, and nothing like pets of previous versions. This has created a great need for some powerscrolls like never before also, and a huge imbalance to the character specific power scrolls due to pets consuming them. These will only be available to green $$ paying players illegally for the most part if they are new players, who may decide to quit the game after seeing this.
In reality present upgraded pets to lev 5 training,are powerful enough to fight ANYTHING in the game, any spawn, any champ or boss creature WITHOUT powerscrolls at all. Scrolls annd some extra toughness to pet, but they really do not make or break the pet. The problem is that tamers continue to suck dry the PS market, so prices are untouchable save for a few people. This is NOT going to get any better, and may get worse. So, the end point is that for new players these will not be available, so a lot of the new players will not stay. The suggestions at the OP message were to help with bringing and keeping new people in.
Anyways, just my 10 cents worth..and I know that these words are likely falling on deaf ears..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
By the way:
Social psychopathy or PK in a game like this RPG or otherwise, has no real corelation with real life psychopathy, in a number of studies. As example, one of the most dreaded PK game psychopaths who quit this type of game and PK altogether, has his life story on the web, and is a very well respected eye doctor in one of the best universities in this counttry. He was playing so much that he developed carpal tunnel, and almost lost his wife and daughter, and almost lost his medical training. When he hit bottom he was able to rehabilitate himself. He has written a book about it and that is available in electronic form also. He related that the PK part came out of severe RL frustration and stuggle for acceptance. Cannot use names here. But all is available on line, and he volunteered the info to try to help others.
To summarize a PKer or griefer could in RL be a good person after all.
Whatever the case, I would not brag about PKing scroll hunter newbies or otherwise..

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As far as I’m concerned, not wanting to do the spawn is lazy. I solo them all the time, takes maybe 15min ea? If someone wants scrolls so badly they are free to join, I’m not that greedy. Hell I’ll even throw a port of them and we can roll for the good stuff. If they want to wait till the end and join on the boss that’s fine too. I’m very laid back. But if they are just there to kill me once I pop the champion, that’s just a **** move.
:eyeroll:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By the way:
Social psychopathy or PK in a game like this RPG or otherwise, has no real corelation with real life psychopathy, in a number of studies.
I think what that means is that people who enjoy griefing in games yet have a normal life outside, simply learned that this kind of behavior has severe consequences in RL. So they do it only where they can get away with it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought the game was an MMO-RPG... not a web cash generating scheme... When I bought the game I bought it because it was advertised as an MMO-RPG...

I think it has devolved.
I don't understand your complaint here. How does cash grab even enter into it? Go get one of your (M)ultiple (O)nline friends and do a spawn. :/

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO could have those players and the ones who want to do the many other parts of the game.
Are... you trying to argue that the reason that UO doesn't have D3 numbers player base wise is because of the fact that UO has consensual pvp? :|

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right so every newby/incoming/returning player will need to turn themselves into this, just so they can get pet scrolls, or white scrolls or powercrolls.
Well, let me ask you this: Are your characters scrolled? If yes, are you a pk? If no... then stop with this.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? Did you actually just go there? Should I resurect the whine fest thread about overpowered pets when they changed them? Oh let me guess thats different right ::rolls eyes::
It's ok to express a feeling that there is an imbalance, because often there is one. While I don't think it's necessary, I'm even ok increasing scroll drop rates, or adding in pet scrolls because the demand has gone up, but the system in terms of how you get scrolls works fine. It was a system put in to give people something to pvp over.

Someone saying something must change because they admittedly don't want to put in the effort to make it work is not an example of an imbalance, just, and I hate to use this term but it's actually applicable here, entitlement.