• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Bleak, @Mesana Pet specific Power scrolls

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a revelation - some of us (many of us actually) like to play online, with others, to cooperate rather than kill them.
If they want to play with others, why are they soloing the champs at 3am?
There are plenty of guilds like W on Europa who act as a team and do champs, they will do a champ with 10+ people and it's very hard to raid them. Try working as a team instead of soloing the champs on a sampire and protecting with another client open...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they want to play with others, why are they soloing the champs at 3am?
There are plenty of guilds like W on Europa who act as a team and do champs, they will do a champ with 10+ people and it's very hard to raid them. Try working as a team instead of soloing the champs on a sampire and protecting with another client open...
Really, I mean if you can get 10 people all trained up on how to run a spawn right you can do the easy spawns very quickly, and you can do the harder ones (coincidentally the ones that get raided far, far, less often) without it being such a big pain. Work up people's Justice and you can get a lot of scrolls per hour.

Plus I never understood why people are afraid to get pked anyway when they have insurance. At worst you lose a miniscule amount of gold, maybe some bandages/potions, and a little bit of time. The raids just make the successful spawns even sweeter. :p

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's ok to express a feeling that there is an imbalance, because often there is one. While I don't think it's necessary, I'm even ok increasing scroll drop rates, or adding in pet scrolls because the demand has gone up, but the system in terms of how you get scrolls works fine. It was a system put in to give people something to pvp over.

Someone saying something must change because they admittedly don't want to put in the effort to make it work is not an example of an imbalance, just, and I hate to use this term but it's actually applicable here, entitlement.
Never said anything about either entitlement or imbalance, thanks very much. I was just pointing out that certain comments and many of the actions and testaments allude to the laziness. Many of the PKs on DF only come at the end because they don’t want to put in the minimal amount of effort. I use a sampire, a weaver, and a thrower. Weaver can clear first two levels easy, sampire finishes it off in about 5 mins. Then I have both sampire and thrower spam armor ignore on the champ while the weaver protects for scrolls. Usually walk away with a decent load, and a replica about 50% of the time.
It’s honestly not that much work (especially baraccoon). This group typically takes out Bara, Neira, demon queen, and rikky with ease (rikky is just without sampire). All in all, depending on the terrain, 15-30 min ea.

I’m for either upping the rate of certain ones(im sitting with way too many stealth/stealing/bard skill scrolls) or introducing pet specific. But that opinion has nothing to do with the PKs. I’m lucky enough to get off work at a time when the PKs on my shard are sound asleep or busy running searching for idocs. But that applies to me specifically.
♂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are... you trying to argue that the reason that UO doesn't have D3 numbers player base wise is because of the fact that UO has consensual pvp? :|
Diablo and UO came out basically at the same time. Both top down views. Both had quests and monsters to kill. Both had skills or skill sets that advanced. Both had weapons and armor to make you fight better. Both had player inventory and a bank stash. Both had your stuff fall off you when you died. Both had those items obtainable by other players or yourself. Both had non consensual PvP. Both had overhead chat.

What happened? Blizzard saw that people did not like their stuff falling off of them and other players picking those items up. They got rid of that. They even got rid of having to go back and claim your body. Then they got rid of non consensual PvP.

Blizzard built a gaming empire from that. I'm not including WoW in this. Blizzard may have had better name recognition. The warcraft games were freaking awesome for their time.

So how did UO crash and burn compared to Diablo? Diablo is linear and you only play with a limited number of people at a time. UO does not have a linear progression. The world is a dynamic constant environment. Its not recreated at each gameplay. UO has HOUSING!

UO has many more things to do than Diablo. But UO stayed in the dark ages on PvP where others can grab your stuff. Diablo advanced to 21st century gaming where you get to keep what you earn.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for a pet. big difference.

do some testing. the only 120 i would even think about scrolling a pet with is wrestle for pvm.
:fake:

We have pet fights on LS. The ones with scrolls win if other things are the same. Also go fight a Paragon Balron, there is a significant time difference. Tamers have kept quiet on this issue because we are fine with others believing this because it leaves scrolls for us!

Do you use tactics and anatomy scrolls on your player? Since they are not a big difference...

120 vs 100 resist is a huge difference in spell times and poison times.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:fake:

We have pet fights on LS. The ones with scrolls win if other things are the same. Also go fight a Paragon Balron, there is a significant time difference. Tamers have kept quiet on this issue because we are fine with others believing this because it leaves scrolls for us!

Do you use tactics and anatomy scrolls on your player? Since they are not a big difference...

120 vs 100 resist is a huge difference in spell times and poison times.
i was talking about looting rights / loot distribution in response to antoher poster. being able to kill a monster has nothing to do with that system. you can get the same (or often better) chance at looting rights with a pet doing 0 damage, but it taking damage, and you healing that damage.

theres also not a cap on player damage like there is on pets. this was first changed in 2009 (GD damage cap - thats why anyone who was paying high amounts for a greater dragon with 120 tact or anat was wasting there money.)

not really trying to argue one way or another, as i dont pvp or farm scrolls, and have all the ones ill ever need i dont care one way or antother. i also would never fully 120 a pet for personal use. and yes, for EM events, when im just cocerned about looting rights i wouldnt even want a pet with 120 wrestle and anything over 60-70 resists.

im just trying to inform that its really not a big deal.

have you tried putting a pet with 100 tact / anat side by side with a 120ed? or 100mage next to 120 mage? and testing the results. if not i would reccommend testing for yourself before jumping on the bandwagon like its a huge deal if a pet is max and decide from the results whether its worth spending the gold or time to obtain the max scrolls.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
have you tried putting a pet with 100 tact / anat side by side with a 120ed? or 100mage next to 120 mage? and testing the results.

I play every day that I am not on vacation. I have made 2 new tamers since I had my original pets scrolled out. The new tamers pets don't have 120 scrolls. There is a very noticeable difference when killing stuff with the 120 pets and with just 110 pets.

I dont have a 120 magery scroll, even on my mages... But I can confirm all the other magics work better when over 100 skill.

i also would never fully 120 a pet for personal use. and yes, for EM events,
My 120ed pet got a drop at the only EM event I participated in since the pet revamp. His carbon copy is owned by a friend and she got a drop at the next event.

The best thing about the pet revamp is that there are sooo many options. Go ahead and pass on the scrolls, my pets will eat them.

There are many things a non scrolled pet can kill. They also make great helper pets when you combine the skills and abilities.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play every day that I am not on vacation. I have made 2 new tamers since I had my original pets scrolled out. The new tamers pets don't have 120 scrolls. There is a very noticeable difference when killing stuff with the 120 pets and with just 110 pets.

I dont have a 120 magery scroll, even on my mages... But I can confirm all the other magics work better when over 100 skill.

My 120ed pet got a drop at the only EM event I participated in since the pet revamp. His carbon copy is owned by a friend and she got a drop at the next event.

The best thing about the pet revamp is that there are sooo many options. Go ahead and pass on the scrolls, my pets will eat them.

There are many things a non scrolled pet can kill. They also make great helper pets when you combine the skills and abilities.
EM events can pretty much be totally left out of any discussion of 120 scrolls. ive gotten EM drops using anniversarry horses i literally bought of vendor search right before the event, on a brand new character (no taming at all, and no trained skills) can you get a drop as well if youve scrolled to 120? of course you can. just like im now saying for the third time, has little to do with the looting rights system.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've said before many times my stance on this.

I have no issues Trammel having power scrolls if;

Felucca gets everything Trammel currently has that Felucca doesn't.
Equal number of EM Events with as high value drops.
Doom.
Shadowguard.
Stygian Abyss.
Illshenar.

A way to get all those items via PvP or by playing in Felucca.
Or, the rewards from those Trammel styles should be built into the PvP, to give us something to fight over.

In response to why UO is dying, to Pawain, it is because of Trammel, and players wanting everything too easy, most players have quit because of no challenge anymore.
You can script, multibox, multiclient, grief - all without repercussion or Justice in Trammel, which has undermined the entire game.
UO is too complicated, but offers no real challenge - the worst of both worlds.
Diablo 3? Who?
So they are on version 3 of some game that no-one plays or has heard of, and you try and compare it to UO?

Whilst I am the polar opposite of Mervyn in terms of playstyle, ideology, philosophy, and guilds ingame, I find myself agreeing with a lot of his viewpoints here.
{Except for when he gets stuck on pet logging out bug mode.}
I agree with what he says about EC, and how complicated the (hidden) stats and stuff on armour are.
Whilst I understand the game perfectly myself having lived it for 20 years, I can see what a huge mess it is in terms of understandability and playablity - he is right in that things could be improved.
I personally, would redo the armour system, and bring crafters back.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've said before many times my stance on this.

I have no issues Trammel having power scrolls if;

Felucca gets everything Trammel currently has that Felucca doesn't.
Equal number of EM Events with as high value drops.
Doom.
Shadowguard.
Stygian Abyss.
Illshenar.

A way to get all those items via PvP or by playing in Felucca.
Or, the rewards from those Trammel styles should be built into the PvP, to give us something to fight over.

In response to why UO is dying, to Pawain, it is because of Trammel, and players wanting everything too easy, most players have quit because of no challenge anymore.
You can script, multibox, multiclient, grief - all without repercussion or Justice in Trammel, which has undermined the entire game.
Diablo 3? Who?
So they are on version 3 of some game that no-one plays or has heard of, and you try and compare it to UO?

Whilst I am the polar opposite of Mervyn in terms of playstyle, ideology, philosophy, and guilds ingame, I find myself agreeing with a lot of his viewpoints here.
{Except for when he gets stuck on pet logging out bug mode.}
I agree with what he says about EC, and how complicated the (hidden) stats and stuff on armour are.
Whilst I understand the game perfectly myself having lived it for 20 years, I can see what a huge mess it is in terms of understandability and playablity - he is right in that things could be improved.
I personally, would redo the armour system, and bring crafters back.
First off Trammel SAVED UO not killed it this is not up for debate as this has been PROVEN .... not to mention that even Garriott admits it...

People left because of green grass syndrome and wanting it even EASIER... WoW is insanely popular but it also leads players around by the nosering directing them all along the way to end game... it's linear... not sandbox... HUGE difference...

People also left because of jerk-off attitudes of many Vets in the game acting like a bunch of complete wipes cheating, hacking, scamming and everything else...

People also left because the game quit being about community and shifted to nothing but pure greed...

People still leave because the game now caters to soloistic playstyles and has left community behind ..... and become a boring grindfest...

There are thousands of reasons people quit... their friends all left, they got married and the significant other is jealous of the game... etc...

Do not falsely blame it on tram...

If you really wanted that playstyle you'd play on Siege and be happy as a clam with the rest of the people who enjoy that sort of crap where everything there is PvP... But you really do NOT want PvP you just want the opportunity to come in and take what someone else got without much effort or work on your part like most PK's...

It is GREED plain and simple that is killing UO... when people discovered they could make a decent living playing a game and bilking other players... that's when UO started to die... sadly the current DEV team plays right into their hands... and I often wonder who's payroll they are on really EA's or some rares collector at this point it's uncertain.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off Trammel SAVED UO not killed it this is not up for debate as this has been PROVEN .... not to mention that even Garriott admits it....
You are wrong.
You just cannot be more wrong on this, so no point me entertaining this.
The whole point of UO was unlawfulness, player social justice, you create your own world, not have Disneyland rules put on you.
It was the only game that allowed anarchy, and player justice and decision making.

But even so, I'm prepared to entertain the notion of Trammel - just don't give Trammel all the game content, then say Felucca is empty because of the playerstyle - it lacks the basic content Trammel does. Everything except powerscrolls has been given to Trammel.

Give Felucca an even chance, and see what happens.
Give Felucca equal content, I'm prepared for Trammel to have equal content.
Are you prepared for game equality between the facets?
Or do you just want powerscrolls on top of everything else?

If you really wanted that playstyle you'd play on Siege and be happy as a clam with the rest of the people who enjoy that sort of crap where everything there is PvP... But you really do NOT want PvP you just want the opportunity to come in and take what someone else got without much effort or work on your part like most PK's... .
This shows complete ignorance of Felucca and how the game should work.
I said in the above post, I'm the complete opposite of Mervyn - I'm an anti PK, always have been, I have always been the one that creates balance and Justice in Felucca.
I in fact help random blues in Felucca who are not linked to a PK guild.

I have played on Siege, it is a nice shard, but my guild and friends I've played with for 20 years are not there.
And why should I have to move to Siege because they created Trammel and put all the game content there?

It is GREED plain and simple that is killing UO... when people discovered they could make a decent living playing a game and bilking other players... that's when UO started to die... sadly the current DEV team plays right into their hands... and I often wonder who's payroll they are on really EA's or some rares collector at this point it's uncertain.
I agree it is plain greed, and it's all those players in Trammel exhibiting it.
From hogging all the EM Events and the 100% safety to get Billion gold items, to script gathering resources non stop with no repercussion, to multi boxing, to multi-clienting so everything can be done solo - all these things can be prevented in Felucca, and would have stopped the entire game economy from nosediving and making everything pointless.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Plus I never understood why people are afraid to get pked anyway when they have insurance. At worst you lose a miniscule amount of gold, maybe some bandages/potions, and a little bit of time. The raids just make the successful spawns even sweeter. [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:p[/bcolor]
For someone with time to play UO like 5+ hours a day, I can agree that it is not a big deal. When I was more active, I as well just shrugged it off when I got raided once in a month and moved on.

But for someone under different circumstances, like coming home after 8 hours of work and just wanting relax with an hour of their favourite online game, loosing all rewards for that precious little hours you can put in *is* a big deal. You can argue all the way against it, but I know it from firsthand experience, and other people saying this aren't liars as well.

Now people can also say "Don't play UO than!". Fair enough. But it's not gonna help UO. EJ is certainly a thing because they need more players/money. "Don't play UO than!" won't work as catchline for EJ.

For the "new player experience" angle in this thread, I very much agree with what @MalagAste and @Caitlyn Snow (#51) said. On the other hand I'm shaking my head when reading the responses of old veteran players basically saying "Nothing wrong here. Get a grip", while there is obviously a huge gap between those players.

The current status quo of UO is in my opinion too hostile to new players. While vets are eager to share free suits, weapons, pets, small housing spots or even 115 scrolls, very little are actually eager to break the status quo and really improve the experience for new players (or future EJ accounts). Much lobbying is done directly to Mesanna about what all those players should not be allowed to do, instead of focusing to improve their experience compared to the current status.

It feels a bit like some haven't realized it's UO who need today's gamers, not today's gamers needing UO. It's not a privilege to play UO, and if it's even a pain, new players will move on quickly. Even with free EJ.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The current status quo of UO is in my opinion too hostile to new players..
I completely agree.
Really complicated systems, unfathomable stats, armour and gear design.

And they all start in Trammel, surrounded by greed, bad attitudes, grief at spawns etc - no chance to make any meaningful game relationships, or have any form of Justice against the players ruining the game for them.
If they see a scripter gathering millions, and destroying the economy so they stand no chance, what can they do?
If they see a multi-boxer at an EM event taking all the drops, what can they do?
If they see a multi-clienter soloing impossible mobs instead of teaming up, what can they do?
If they are griefed in chat by someone, what can they do?
If they have mobs lured on them while trying to farm, what can they do?

Trammel is the very manifestation of Evil.
All of these issues are solvable in Felucca.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You are wrong.
You just cannot be more wrong on this, so no point me entertaining this.
The whole point of UO was unlawfulness, player social justice, you create your own world, not have Disneyland rules put on you.
It was the only game that allowed anarchy, and player justice and decision making.

But even so, I'm prepared to entertain the notion of Trammel - just don't give Trammel all the game content, then say Felucca is empty because of the playerstyle - it lacks the basic content Trammel does. Everything except powerscrolls has been given to Trammel.

Give Felucca an even chance, and see what happens.
Give Felucca equal content, I'm prepared for Trammel to have equal content.
Are you prepared for game equality between the facets?
Or do you just want powerscrolls on top of everything else?

This shows complete ignorance of Felucca and how the game should work.
I said in the above post, I'm the complete opposite of Mervyn - I'm an anti PK, always have been, I have always been the one that creates balance and Justice in Felucca.
I in fact help random blues in Felucca who are not linked to a PK guild.

I have played on Siege, it is a nice shard, but my guild and friends I've played with for 20 years are not there.
And why should I have to move to Siege because they created Trammel and put all the game content there?

I agree it is plain greed, and it's all those players in Trammel exhibiting it.
From hogging all the EM Events and the 100% safety to get Billion gold items, to script gathering resources non stop with no repercussion, to multi boxing, to multi-clienting so everything can be done solo - all these things can be prevented in Felucca, and would have stopped the entire game economy from nosediving and making everything pointless.
It's proven fact that the subs for UO spiked WAY after Trammel... they were in great decline before tram... the reason you don't see this on the chart was because new subs filled in the old ones but they too were quickly leaving as people found that you couldn't really get anywhere in the game as a new player without getting completely pummeled and looted dry making people HATE UO passionately....

If you've ever played other games and talked about UO you'd hear this over and over and over..... I heard it from people I played with in both Diablo and Landmark and even on forums for No Man's Sky... the HATRED of old UO was Strong.... the mere mention of UO brought torrents of hate from some including my own brother who asked me why I play that Pancake game as it was the most horrible thing he'd ever played and he was pissed he wasted money on it.. His disgust was based on PRE-TRAM and so was most of those I talked to... I believe my brother used "piece of"... poo game... only it wasn't poo...

Those that remembered it fondly spoke of their "friends" they made... community.... and when that was lost (because everyone left for xyz game).... greener pasture syndrome.... which they also had)... they still had some fond memories...

There is no Justice in UO... it's who has more cheats, hacks or players... Justice is a lie... If there were true Justice in the game you wouldn't get told all the time by GMs that lost or stolen items cannot be replaced... if there was true Justice we'd still have some form of bounty system... but the fact that people scammed that system by having friends kill them and turn in the bounty for reward killed it...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I completely agree.

And they all start in Trammel, surrounded by greed, bad attitudes, grief at spawns etc - no chance to make any meaningful game relationships, or have any form of Justice against the players ruining the game for them.
If they see a scripter gathering millions, and destroying the economy so they stand no chance, what can they do?
If they see a multi-boxer at an EM event taking all the drops, what can they do?
If they see a multi-clienter soloing impossible mobs instead of teaming up, what can they do?
If they are grieved in chat by someone, what can they do?

more lies... again that Justice is a LIE... I can tell you that only the most powerful get by and the ones who don't cheat to get ahead lose... so that's false Justice... Those miscreates who now use and abuse in Tram did it in Fel long before... how do you think all these cheat programs came about????? Do you think they were made by decent players who wanted Justice???

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more lies... again that Justice is a LIE... I can tell you that only the most powerful get by and the ones who don't cheat to get ahead lose... so that's false Justice... Those miscreates who now use and abuse in Tram did it in Fel long before... how do you think all these cheat programs came about????? Do you think they were made by decent players who wanted Justice???
It is not a lie, why would I need to lie about this?

Ask anyone from any PK guild I've ever fought against if I cheat.

Ask anyone how successful we have been over the years, without cheating.

We are a blue guild, who do our thing, do what we want in Felucca, have a great time when together, and achieve everything.

I look at Trammel, and blame those players for the state of UO.

As I said, you can have powerscrolls, can we have all the missing game content and items in Felucca?

Some of us don't want to be tainted by going to a Trammel ruleset.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's proven fact that the subs for UO spiked WAY after Trammel... they were in great decline before tram... the reason you don't see this on the chart was because new subs filled in the old ones but they too were quickly leaving as people found that you couldn't really get anywhere in the game as a new player without getting completely pummeled and looted dry making people HATE UO passionately....

If you've ever played other games and talked about UO you'd hear this over and over and over..... I heard it from people I played with in both Diablo and Landmark and even on forums for No Man's Sky... the HATRED of old UO was Strong.... the mere mention of UO brought torrents of hate from some including my own brother who asked me why I play that Pancake game as it was the most horrible thing he'd ever played and he was pissed he wasted money on it.. His disgust was based on PRE-TRAM and so was most of those I talked to... I believe my brother used "piece of"... poo game... only it wasn't poo...

Those that remembered it fondly spoke of their "friends" they made... community.... and when that was lost (because everyone left for xyz game).... greener pasture syndrome.... which they also had)... they still had some fond memories...

There is no Justice in UO... it's who has more cheats, hacks or players... Justice is a lie... If there were true Justice in the game you wouldn't get told all the time by GMs that lost or stolen items cannot be replaced... if there was true Justice we'd still have some form of bounty system... but the fact that people scammed that system by having friends kill them and turn in the bounty for reward killed it...

It is true that the current generation are called the Snowflake generation for a reason.

It's starting to become a recognised issue, we have brought up that generation very badly.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is true that the current generation are called the Snowflake generation for a reason.

It's starting to become a recognised issue, we have brought up that generation very badly.
But still if you want their money, you can't just tell them "get a grip!". Smart companies know this and don't play elitism ********.

The money is where it all comes together at the end of the day. And nobody doing business actually cares if you grinded trade quests for 3 year for that cool mempo or if you just send someone paypal money for it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Diablo 3? Who?
A game that has more forum posters than UO has accounts. Very similar beginnings but different outcomes.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A game that has more forum posters than UO has accounts. Very similar beginnings but different outcomes.

Taken from some Diablo 3 forums from 2 years ago.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/18124235547

Seems like they have the same issues as UO.
(If not more).
Their core issue, like all games today, is they have got too easy, to Disneyfied, and therefore too boring.

If UO went back to it's core, the original factors that made it unique, it would potentially hit the current generation like a sledgehammer, they'd come running here.

I currently play War Robots on the ipad with my boys non stop, it's pvp nonstop, good old fashioned, easy, spontaneous pvp, with no complications. UO could be more.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think that the majority preference/opinions should and probably has a chance of being respected/implemented some time...

All we are suggesting is to remove or somehow remedy this issue of pet items of all things costing 55,000,000 EACH in game.
There do not seem to be many ways to do that at the present time. This also impacts players too advancement scrolls since unfortunately they are one and the same scrolls.
For the pet revamp and player stat scrolls to work correctly, it seems that these changes are needed, i.e. leave white PS scrolls as they have been for many years, but add different-way accessible pet scrolls. Don't make it too easy either, make it challenging but make it possible. The suggestion for all pet scrolls dropping in non fel champs, and level 7 T-Boxes anywhere is not a bad idea. This will really help both the tamer community, and the newcomers..Why is it so hard for some people to see that this will help the game as a whole?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that the majority preference/opinions should and probably has a chance of being respected/implemented some time...

All we are suggesting is to remove or somehow remedy this issue of pet items of all things costing 55,000,000 EACH in game.
There do not seem to be many ways to do that at the present time. This also impacts players too advancement scrolls since unfortunately they are one and the same scrolls.
For the pet revamp and player stat scrolls to work correctly, it seems that these changes are needed, i.e. leave white PS scrolls as they have been for many years, but add different-way accessible pet scrolls. Don't make it too easy either, make it challenging but make it possible. The suggestion for all pet scrolls dropping in non fel champs, and level 7 T-Boxes anywhere is not a bad idea. This will really help both the tamer community, and the newcomers..Why is it so hard for some people to see that this will help the game as a whole?
You can farm for a scroll in the same way you farm Doom or Shadowguard, and get it for free.

What about all the Unique high end value items that drop only in Trammel, none of you seem to see any unfairness there?
Scholars Halo for mages? 150m item only available in Trammel, and pretty important for mages.
Hawkwind Robe for mages. 50m item only available in Trammel, again, important for the mages.
Complete one off mega powerful now unobtainable Invasion spellbooks only available in Trammel.
EM drops, worth 200m, only drop in Trammel, yet would be good for the newcomer based in Felucca to obtain and sell to get himself going.
Any and all unique items from Doom, Shadowguard, Stygian Abyss, Illshenar etc.
Do any of you at all, who want the powerscrolls in Trammel, have a response for me, when I say for fairness, we should get all of the above obtainable in Felucca in return?
Not one single one of you has responded, I've asked it a few times.
Or is it purely about the greed, and wanting everything easily?

Why is it so hard for players to see the below?

All of these issues are solveable in Felucca.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But for someone under different circumstances, like coming home after 8 hours of work and just wanting relax with an hour of their favourite online game, loosing all rewards for that precious little hours you can put in *is* a big deal. You can argue all the way against it, but I know it from firsthand experience, and other people saying this aren't liars as well.
That's cool, do something else in game, and pay for power scrolls over time. If you have more time some day, try to do a spawn yourself. I still don't get why it matters, especially since you won't die every time, or even most time if you know what you are doing. It's not like you can't still have fun, and relax and die at a spawn the same time. I only play short periods of time myself, and I don't view it as any different than dying to a monster, and when I get pked I actually lose a lot since we have no insurance. Still, it really doesn't bother me that much.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Diablo and UO came out basically at the same time. Both top down views. Both had quests and monsters to kill. Both had skills or skill sets that advanced. Both had weapons and armor to make you fight better. Both had player inventory and a bank stash. Both had your stuff fall off you when you died. Both had those items obtainable by other players or yourself. Both had non consensual PvP. Both had overhead chat.

What happened? Blizzard saw that people did not like their stuff falling off of them and other players picking those items up. They got rid of that. They even got rid of having to go back and claim your body. Then they got rid of non consensual PvP.

Blizzard built a gaming empire from that. I'm not including WoW in this. Blizzard may have had better name recognition. The warcraft games were freaking awesome for their time.

So how did UO crash and burn compared to Diablo? Diablo is linear and you only play with a limited number of people at a time. UO does not have a linear progression. The world is a dynamic constant environment. Its not recreated at each gameplay. UO has HOUSING!

UO has many more things to do than Diablo. But UO stayed in the dark ages on PvP where others can grab your stuff. Diablo advanced to 21st century gaming where you get to keep what you earn.
First of all, UO got rid of non consensual pvp a loooooong time ago, as well as losing stuff when you die. Second of all, every incarnation of Diablo has had pvp, in fact that was one of the major draws of D2, arguable the best most popular game in the franchise. People were super annoyed when D3 shipped without pvp, and complained until they put it in.

That all said, outside of graphical presentation the two games are not comparable at all. UO lost players for a LOT of different reasons, and Diablo kept players for different reasons too.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Their core issue, like all games today, is they have got too easy, to Disneyfied, and therefore too boring.
Yeah D3 is fun and all, but it's very very repetitive, and nothing you do has any meaning. I played it a fair bit with friends, but it's really more of a glorified gatcha game once you get to a certain point.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First of all, UO got rid of non consensual pvp a loooooong time ago, as well as losing stuff when you die.
Last time I got raided nobody asked me upfront and the 6 power scrolls also didn't stay on my corpse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Once again, you are bundling "new player" with "trammel player" a new player does not have to BUY a scroll, they can join a guild and get them very easily, and even sell the excess scrolls to TRAMMEL PLAYERS at a good price.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time I got raided nobody asked me upfront and the 6 power scrolls also didn't stay on my corpse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
When you went to fel, you consented to pvp, and that's the only item that you can't insure.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you went to fel, you consented to pvp, and that's the only item that you can't insure.
Yea, the only item you can't insure is unfortunately the only item you are looking for. Saying UO got rid of loosing your stuff is quite a stretch especially for this particular case. You work the spawn and boss an hour and loose all the rewards when raided. Huge prime time entertainment!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, the only item you can't insure is unfortunately the only item you are looking for. Saying UO got rid of loosing your stuff is quite a stretch especially for this particular case. You work the spawn and boss an hour and loose all the rewards when raided. Huge prime time entertainment!
I mean, it's not like it's going to happen every time, or even probably half of the time unless you are just hitting despise. Similarly you'll do a tram boss (potentially dozens of times) and not get anything worthwhile. At with a champ spawn if you manage to pull it off you are 100% rewarded at least. Honestly, no matter what you do there is going to be a decent chance you'll feel like you are "wasting your time" if you look at things that way.

I don't think it's a stretch personally. There are tens of thousands of items, all gear included and unless it's an expendable item, a bag, or a scroll... you can bless it. That includes all of the games most valuable drops. That counts, I think.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mean, it's not like it's going to happen every time, or even probably half of the time unless you are just hitting despise. Similarly you'll do a tram boss (potentially dozens of times) and not get anything worthwhile. At with a champ spawn if you manage to pull it off you are 100% rewarded at least. Honestly, no matter what you do there is going to be a decent chance you'll feel like you are "wasting your time" if you look at things that way.
Yea that's true. I barely got raided at all and I was thinking along the same lines of "You do a tram boss and get nothing" earlier as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can farm for a scroll in the same way you farm Doom or Shadowguard, and get it for free.

What about all the Unique high end value items that drop only in Trammel, none of you seem to see any unfairness there?
Scholars Halo for mages? 150m item only available in Trammel, and pretty important for mages.
Hawkwind Robe for mages. 50m item only available in Trammel, again, important for the mages.
Complete one off mega powerful now unobtainable Invasion spellbooks only available in Trammel.
EM drops, worth 200m, only drop in Trammel, yet would be good for the newcomer based in Felucca to obtain and sell to get himself going.
Do any of you at all, who want the powerscrolls in Trammel, have a response for me, when I say for fairness, we should get all of the above obtainable in Felucca in return?

Yall say it is so easy to make a pvp toon. Its even easier to make a PvM blue toon. What is stopping you?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea that's true. I barely got raided at all and I was thinking along the same lines of "You do a tram boss and get nothing" earlier as well.
I honestly find that much more maddening than getting pked (which I admit annoys the crap out of me). The grind in this game can really get severe sometimes. :(

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

PvPers have full unrestricted access to Trammel, while PvMers are prevented from accessing Fel content by PvPers. So it's kind of a case of PvPers already having everything and wanting more. Having said that, I really would not care whether all Trammel content is available in Fel. Fel will be just as dead as it is now. EM events would be the only thing having any effect on the game as a whole.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The blame belongs with the people who actually had the power and the means to change UO to what it is today, i.e., UO's producers and developers. You gain nothing by trying to pit the paying customers against each other.
I think that's accurate. People will always follow the path of least resistance. You have to design ways to keep people engaged instead of just being repetitious rng monkeys looking for their next pellet of useful loot. I always hated tram from a design perspective. It felt like dropping a bomb on a rat.

The raw parts were a bit too raw, but they were what gave the game life.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
LOL.. do what most pvmers do make a character on a dead server line cats or LS and farm champ spawns there all day.

Also do not farm in despise its the hot spot for pvp, go do ice west.. i promise at least 7 out of 10 spawns you will finish without benig bothered, and no one is forcing you to pvp either. You can easily go do trammy content and use that gold to buy powerscrolls,

most Open World Games have pvp, And most of the good crap is in that pvp zones, in fact I think everything moving forward high end should be in pvp zones.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The blame belongs with the people who actually had the power and the means to change UO to what it is today, i.e., UO's producers and developers. You gain nothing by trying to pit the paying customers against each other.
I get this, and in a sense, I'm sorry.

In another sense, I hate people who just play the easy way, I can't help it, that's who I am.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvPers have full unrestricted access to Trammel, while PvMers are prevented from accessing Fel content by PvPers. So it's kind of a case of PvPers already having everything and wanting more. Having said that, I really would not care whether all Trammel content is available in Fel. Fel will be just as dead as it is now. EM events would be the only thing having any effect on the game as a whole.
Two of you mentioned Felucca based PvPers can send their PvM characters to Trammel.

Have you seen all the things wrong I've listed about Trammel?

Why on earth would I want to go there?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some folks are very delusional when it comes to what the vast majority of players enjoy. Fel is not one of those things. The fact that the devs continue to cater to such a small group is disturbing. Something should have been done with scrolls when the pet revamp first came out.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get this, and in a sense, I'm sorry.

In another sense, I hate people who just play the easy way, I can't help it, that's who I am.
For some people, playing the "easy way" may be all they can physically or mentally handle. There is no way for any of us to know what kind of challenges anyone else is facing that we know nothing about that might affect how, when, or why they choose to play UO.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Some folks are very delusional when it comes to what the vast majority of players enjoy. Fel is not one of those things. The fact that the devs continue to cater to such a small group is disturbing. Something should have been done with scrolls when the pet revamp first came out.
Just because you need to battle other players to get high end items that benefit your character/pet does not mean pvp is being catered to. All UO Is saying this items are a bit more challening to obtain than anything else. And UO lets the community police these items. So they are not script farmed like all the other items in this game.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No they aren't. :/
I must have been hallucinating last 30 times I got raided.
Yes, I know, I could farm on a dead shard, I could farm 4 am in the morning; I could farm faster; I could be you and then not see a raiding party for months; I could learn to PvP... Did I miss any of the ways I should play as to not have to deal with PvPers "not interfering"?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I completely agree.

If Felucca would be the magical "solving all" playing rules, then HOW COME that Siege has so few players ??
If at all, to my opinion it is PRECISELY the "Felucca ruleset" which players do not like nor enjoy, in larger majority....
I can understand those players enjoying and having fun with the Felucca ruleset supporting their preferred playing style, yet, the facts, the flat out plain reality, like it or not, under our eyes, that is, how scarcely populated Siege (or Mugen for that matter...) having such a ruleset is, show us that the vast majority of players do NOT prefer nor enjoy that PvP skewed ruleset....
That is at least how I see it.