• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Bleak, @Mesana Pet specific Power scrolls

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously spoken by a NON tamer... Discord doesn't work for crap if it's not at 120 (On a Bard as well, no bard in their right mind would go with just GM Discord)... Pets don't do crap for damage if they don't have 120 wrestling... (Unless you are going to be satisfied trying to take down something with 10K hp at 24 to 34 each hit) etc... They can do far more with the pet scrolled up ...... If all I needed my pets for was killing worthless crap like balrons and such yeah fine... don't need it scrolled up... but 95% of the things worth trying to kill or do will eat your pet and spit it out in .2 seconds if you don't scroll it up. This includes the mobs on the Roof, Anything in Doom, Champs (which any PvPer will tear your pet to pieces and your pet can't do crap to fight back because it's been nerfed to uselessness)... EM Mobs, Peerless mobs and anything else worthwhile...
I have more tamer templates than pvp builds so I guess that would classify me a tamer right?

"(Unless you are going to be satisfied trying to take down something with 10K hp at 24 to 34 each hit) etc... They can do far more with the pet scrolled up" A perfect example of a must want and not a must have. It can still be done but will take more time.

This whole, I instantly deserve to play top level is crap. The Devs are constantly changing and introducing new experiences to try to keep the Multiplayer experience in this MMO. I have done roof with an unscrolled pet and a group, as it was intended to be done. With the right template it works well.

You completely bypassed what I said about scroll binders because you want to be self sufficient with end game status immediately. The exact opposite of what this game was built to be.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have more tamer templates than pvp builds so I guess that would classify me a tamer right?

"(Unless you are going to be satisfied trying to take down something with 10K hp at 24 to 34 each hit) etc... They can do far more with the pet scrolled up" A perfect example of a must want and not a must have. It can still be done but will take more time.

This whole, I instantly deserve to play top level is crap. The Devs are constantly changing and introducing new experiences to try to keep the Multiplayer experience in this MMO. I have done roof with an unscrolled pet and a group, as it was intended to be done. With the right template it works well.

You completely bypassed what I said about scroll binders because you want to be self sufficient with end game status immediately. The exact opposite of what this game was built to be.
Or the devs can do what they should have done in the first place and make pet specific scrolls. Why they are willing to allow such a a small portion of players to control something that is needed by everyone is beyond me. When the taming publish came out there was so much excitement. Yeah that's gone now and all the pets are back in the stables.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or the devs can do what they should have done in the first place and make pet specific scrolls. Why they are willing to allow such a a small portion of players to control something that is needed by everyone is beyond me. When the taming publish came out there was so much excitement. Yeah that's gone now and all the pets are back in the stables.
Why wouldn't they want every playstyle viable and needed? Crafters have controlled runics and PoF which every character made since AOS has needed.

I don't like mining but wanted a granite house. Should I make a thread complaining that granite doesn't drop on mobs or players? That's basically all this thread is, a wad of complaints that people can't get what they want doing what they enjoy doing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why wouldn't they want every playstyle viable and needed? Crafters have controlled runics and PoF which every character made since AOS has needed.

I don't like mining but wanted a granite house. Should I make a thread complaining that granite doesn't drop on mobs or players? That's basically all this thread is, a wad of complaints that people can't get what they want doing what they enjoy doing.
I don't know so people enjoy the game without being bored stiff waiting around for someone..... anyone else to be on and want to do something?????

Most people I know did the roof once or twice... didn't get squat and complained about the wasted hours..... won't do it again. Since the changes to doom died "too many" times and won't go again.... they tried things in Eodon found it a dull boring grind with NO reward... won't go back.

Same with most things... everything becomes a grind that requires more people that just aren't there... And people think endless journey is going to bring folk???? Folk who will likely realize that the game is one boring grind after another.... with little to no reward.

I've watched the same 4 or 5 people get stuff time and time again while everyone else gets nothing at all.

Yeah I could build a super sampire and outfit it with all the best gear and play the game solo.... but you know what if I wanted to do that I'd be playing something that's a hell of a lot more fun to be playing solo.... something that is INTENDED to be played solo.... like Skyrim or No Man's Sky.

You say you can do the roof in a group with a no scrolled pet big whoop.... I can do anything in a big enough group.... doesn't mean I'll earn looting rights or get a drop. And what do you do with the rest of your time while your waiting for people to be on to do something??? Swat at eagles with a fly swatter?

If things aren't fun for more playstyles than just Sampires who don't need anyone to play with them... then guess what???? There won't be many players left in UO Endless Journey or not.

People will get disgusted pretty darn fast when they come and find that in order to play they will have to pay insane prices and play one F'd up template... because nothing else is viable.

Wait till they spend hours trying to work up something like a Paladin only to find that it's USELESS for actually playing UO. See how many stay in game then...

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know so people enjoy the game without being bored stiff waiting around for someone..... anyone else to be on and want to do something?????

Most people I know did the roof once or twice... didn't get squat and complained about the wasted hours..... won't do it again. Since the changes to doom died "too many" times and won't go again.... they tried things in Eodon found it a dull boring grind with NO reward... won't go back.

Same with most things... everything becomes a grind that requires more people that just aren't there... And people think endless journey is going to bring folk???? Folk who will likely realize that the game is one boring grind after another.... with little to no reward.

I've watched the same 4 or 5 people get stuff time and time again while everyone else gets nothing at all.

Yeah I could build a super sampire and outfit it with all the best gear and play the game solo.... but you know what if I wanted to do that I'd be playing something that's a hell of a lot more fun to be playing solo.... something that is INTENDED to be played solo.... like Skyrim or No Man's Sky.

You say you can do the roof in a group with a no scrolled pet big whoop.... I can do anything in a big enough group.... doesn't mean I'll earn looting rights or get a drop. And what do you do with the rest of your time while your waiting for people to be on to do something??? Swat at eagles with a fly swatter?

If things aren't fun for more playstyles than just Sampires who don't need anyone to play with them... then guess what???? There won't be many players left in UO Endless Journey or not.

People will get disgusted pretty darn fast when they come and find that in order to play they will have to pay insane prices and play one F'd up template... because nothing else is viable.

Wait till they spend hours trying to work up something like a Paladin only to find that it's USELESS for actually playing UO. See how many stay in game then...
There's 6 facets full of content. The only thing keeping people from finding something fun in UO is their own entitlement attitude and that's the players problem, not the devs.