• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone Know Where the Slimes are?

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday, the slimes were in the Sorcerer's Dungeon, 2nd level, the big circular room. Any chance they might be there for you guys?
We had that two maintenances ago, last maintenance for us they were in Fire Fel... They're currently missing.

T

Teeshy

We had that two maintenances ago, last maintenance for us they were in Fire Fel... They're currently missing.
Oh, seriously? I can finally get in game for more than ten minutes later this afternoon =P

Japanese shards get their maintenances before us, right? Might try and find a Japanese fan site and see if google translation will translate where they are for them =)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On Great Lakes they are in the back of Yatsuma mines...... down by the fire beetle....

Oh and a note to the DEV team..... Thank you for the Green and Pink and Light Tan.... however...... this is a big one....... Now it would seem that dark blue and olive green no longer spawn......

D

Deb

On Napa they are at the Necro Arena...Green Red and tan...but no blue
either.

S

Sweet Delta Eb

I am not seeing the slimes at the necromancer's arena. Any clue where they are at?
edit yes I found them at necromancer's arena...funny there were not there then i came back and poof.

T

Teeshy

Humm... I've wandered all over Oce today and can't find them =/

I *think* I checked everywhere on the list

Seems we are without them again =(

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not seeing the slimes at the necromancer's arena. Any clue where they are at?
edit yes I found them at necromancer's arena...funny there were not there then i came back and poof.

Where is the Necromancer's Arena? :eek:

I'm on Chessy...hope our Slimes are out and about today too! :)

T

Teeshy

Well, if anyone from Oce decides to go looking, I already check the necro arena (inside and around the outside) Yomotsu mines, centre and outside edges of Hedge Maze, brit fields (was hoping!), sorcerers dungeon, and fire fel (I'm not 100% sure if I checked the right area there - went east from the entrance and around north to the champ spawn - was that the right room?) and the fan dancer dojo.

Couldn't find them, and have to get off right now, so can't check anywhere else =) Might save you all some time though ;)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to shout out a big thank you to everyone who has run out and posted where they found slimes during this event. Except for a couple times, I have not had to go searching for them, and that's been a really nice time saver for me. Thank you! :D

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to shout out a big thank you to everyone who has run out and posted where they found slimes during this event. Except for a couple times, I have not had to go searching for them, and that's been a really nice time saver for me. Thank you! :D
+1...Much appreciation from me too! :)

Especially when the Slimes have been hanging out in some of the more dangerous locations...you all have saved me from running off ready for Slimes, only to die and lose my dyeables, hehe.

T

Trash Collector

I've been thankful for this list too.

BTW, on Pacific this morning the slimes were still lingering around the Necromancer Arena and there were olive, tan, and "dark forest green" slimeys mulling about.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*hopes the red slimes come back* and yes, thank you everyone for keeping us updated with maps and posts about the slime sightings - most helpful :)

L

Lia

Good call! Let me add my thanks here, too!

S

soulstoner

Atlantic Sunday morning at the necromancer arena .. all colors are cycling

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here, Here!! Been much easier and faster. Thank you all!!

*HUGS*

T

Teeshy

Pretty sure they've been missing on Oce for days

Hopefully it gets fixed when the weekend's over =)

S

soulstoner

FOUND EM!!! Atlantic Monday morning - back in Sorcerer's dungeon. (Tina Small's 1-06-09 posting provides the good link and details of how to get there). They're in the 2nd level in the round room .... So far this spot imho is the most treacherous... :eyes: I took stealther there to check it out. I'll wait for a different location before I do any more dying (dieing). So if the slime movements go as detailed they'll be there throughout today, tomorrow and Wednesday - next change should be server up Thursday ..... Devs claim the slimes will be around until Jan. 24th.

Happy Monday to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not on Europa they're not. I've just checked every location. I can't find them anywhere.

In fire I looked where the lich/lich lord spawn on level 2.
In exodus I combed the entire lower floor.
In fan dancers I went all the way down to the bally (came out with one of the tall paintings)
In doom I went North West, past the skull candle spot
In Brit I ran over every ploughed field
In hedgemaze I did a circuit round the center
I did a circuit round the dojo hall on Isamu - Jima.
I checked Chaos shrine, both facets.
and finally I double checked the necromancer arena.

Unless I missed the part of the hedge maze where they spawn I don't know where else to look.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless I missed the part of the hedge maze where they spawn I don't know where else to look.
You didn't check sorcerers duengon or yomotsu mines. But I doubt they are on Europa, they aren't on Oceania.

*edit* I just checked, and they are back at sorcerers duengon on Oce :S

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did, I just forgot to list them here. Got the vases in Yomotsu mines, so they're not there. I'll look again in sorcerer's, maybe I didn't go far enough into the room :(

That was it, I didn't go in far enough, they're all huddled together right at the centre back of the room

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for finding the slimes! do you know what special colors they're sporting today? that sorcerer dungeon is an awful place for the slimes, i didn't get anything dyed last time they were there, i kept getting killed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen the red, green and tan that we had before.

You know how to get in through the temple at the top? My char has ninja, magery and stealth which makes it much easier to get next to the slime. I cleared the area too, leading the nastier stuff off to the east, away from the entrance.

T

Teeshy

You didn't check sorcerers duengon or yomotsu mines. But I doubt they are on Europa, they aren't on Oceania.

*edit* I just checked, and they are back at sorcerers duengon on Oce :S
Oh cool, theyre back then! I'll check and see ifthey are still there since server upwhen I can get in game =P

G

gjohnson5

FOUND EM!!! Atlantic Monday morning - back in Sorcerer's dungeon. (Tina Small's 1-06-09 posting provides the good link and details of how to get there). They're in the 2nd level in the round room .... So far this spot imho is the most treacherous... :eyes: I took stealther there to check it out. I'll wait for a different location before I do any more dying (dieing). So if the slime movements go as detailed they'll be there throughout today, tomorrow and Wednesday - next change should be server up Thursday ..... Devs claim the slimes will be around until Jan. 24th.

Happy Monday to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go to Sorcerer's dungeon on Great Lakes right about now , I did a fairly decent job of luring (after a few deaths of course) the blood ele paras and some of the lich lords out of that room. You could dye armor somewhat safely now, but only after hard work.

The spot in Sorcerers dungeon the slime are in is a death trap. Not having magic resistance ensures that you get paralyzed and blasted to death by blood ele's and lich lords. The elder gazer paras don't help.

Why put acid slime ins such a dangerous place??? The only objective is to only dye armor....
I might wear a new piece of armor in 5 minutes

S

soulstoner

i agree Sorcerer's dungeon is a crazy place for slime dying --- but --- imho it is cool the devs are teetering amongst friendly spots and treacherous spot only for the fact that there's some cool & scary places out there that many peeps have never heard of let along been to -- so much art and creativity laying unseen --- including the champs spawns that many more people are now participating in.

Also the Bushido dojo i looked up on the Atlas and found it to not be the fandancer dojo (a great spot for working up skills and making mad gold) but a different dojo located northwest of the moongate with the gamans .... haven't seen the slimes there yet but suspect that may be the location the earlier translation from the the Japanese posting is referring to... swarming with Ronins in Ninjas.

Thanks gjohnson for clearing the room yesterday - solo !! That's a good technique - haftah do that at the exodous location too if they venture back there before they slime away. :drool:

Oh side note: The mouse hole attained from the spring cleaning ... mage or ninja can polymorph into a slime or a rat and enter the mouse hole.

T

Teeshy

Heh - I tried to lure some spawn away from that room on Oce this morning, but, well, *coughs and mumbles* let's just say it didn't work =P

But I got all my green dyed yesterday, so am pleased with that =D

Need to get some woodchopping done today if I get a chance to get in game I think!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a char with stealth and magery, this is how I cleared the room:

In the corridor where it's spawn free cast an earth elemental. Tell it 'all follow me' NOT guard, you don't want it to fight.
Hide and stealth towards the spawn till you've 'hooked' something. Then as fast as the earth will follow you stealth towards the room to the east (away from the way anyone else will be coming in), dragging the spawn as far as possible until the earth dies. Rinse and repeat till you have a clear field.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Old spot, but new colours, Europa slimes are in the mine, with the colours we first saw in Sorcerer's, and for those who are interested, here's my Petra Fyde char pretty in pink:

I had my archer all in pink but decided to go back to dark blue makes him look mean :) but left all my weapons pink so they are easy to spot in my backpack

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can somebody point me to a link detailing the easiest way to catch these things?

T

Teeshy

In the corridor where it's spawn free cast an earth elemental. Tell it 'all follow me' NOT guard, you don't want it to fight.
Hide and stealth towards the spawn till you've 'hooked' something. Then as fast as the earth will follow you stealth towards the room to the east (away from the way anyone else will be coming in), dragging the spawn as far as possible until the earth dies. Rinse and repeat till you have a clear field.
Ooh! Stealthy mage is exactly what I DO have!

*goes off to try*

*edits* That was working really well, until I did it at the wrong time in the wrong spot =D But so far I managed to move about 4 out, including the paragon blood ele =D As soon as I figure out the way out of here and get ressed, I'll try get the rest =D

Thanks! =D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh, my char has spellweaving too, I cast gift of life before I started :D

Gheed, I found the best way to get close to them was teleport/shadow jump

S

soulstoner

Teeshy:
*coughs and mumbles* l
That's funny - made me laugh ol
:mf_prop:

Petra F:

That is COOL!!! See now I didn't know ele would follow in stealth mode - coooooooool. Gonna hafta get hide & stealth stoned back onto my mage (the original char that gained 90% of the skills). --- spellweaving... hummmmm.
:hug:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are nuts, I'm lazy and will wait till the slimes are in a more dye-friendly location. :) I really liked the arena north of doom, you could get the slimes in that cage with you under the arena and dye like crazy there. I still have tons of hardwood tables I want to do. TONS! My poor storage! :lol:

Elusive

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been hunting the slimes for about a week now and have not seen a single Dark Blue or Light Olive. Have they stopped spawning?

D

DarkScripture

On Origin I took a run through the Sorcerer's Dungeon South East of Valor and did not find them. Can anyone confirm the location on Origin?

S

soulstoner

I've been hunting the slimes for about a week now and have not seen a single Dark Blue or Light Olive. Have they stopped spawning?
hummm it takes em a while to cycle through the array of colors ... I did see the dark blue at the Necro Arena this past weekend (not remembering seeing the light olive in a while though) .... although right now I'm in Sorcerer's pit on Atlantic .. the only labeled color that's popped up in the past few minutes is the Champagne red - then cycled into light tan - now deep forest green .. I'll hang for a tad longer before I hit the work place to see what else may cycle They seem to cycle if there is a toon or two hanging around .. I've also heard they'll change colors if ya beat on em a little... I dunno though ... I'm down here hiding like a spider :spider:

D

DarkScripture

Anyone have a picture map of where they are? That area is super nasty. Best to know where you are headed BEFORE going in.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to the event description, the colors will change with each new spawn location. The event was broken in the beginning, but now it seems to work almost correctly. The blue and olive slimes spawned on the fields west of Britain. The colors changed to tan, champagne red and dark green, when they moved to Yomotsu Mines. In the Sorcerer's Dungeon, the colors haven't changed (no idea whether this is intended).

I wouldn't expect the blue and olive slimes to return.

D

DarkScripture

I think it would be super cool to have these spawn around the harrower permentaly. Risk vs reward.. ::evil grin::

{Or better keep to the themes and Cheif Prox- King of nasty!!}

S

soulstoner

Anyone have a picture map of where they are? That area is super nasty. Best to know where you are headed BEFORE going in.
Look at Tina Small's -- posting .. she has the good link to the interactive atlas map for Sorcerer's Dungeon .... 2nd level in the round room .... were you just down here on "All Must Perish" on Atlantic?

S

soulstoner

If peeps do venture there I recommend first to find the exit to the roof top that's the quickest way to safety from the round room .... I believe a rune can be made to that spot and left for friends to pop there to rez ya.