• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Adding Power Scrolls to Tram

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Won't be any PS in Ilsh or Tram

There are two groups of niche players that the devs won't mess with much

PvP'ers
Rares collectors

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they should have pet only power scrolls. Not clear to me if it should be sold in the UO store.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they should have pet only power scrolls. Not clear to me if it should be sold in the UO store.
And sell the colored pet varieties! And a advanced pet token, takes it to GM skills and trains it a slot!

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And sell the colored pet varieties! And a advanced pet token, takes it to GM skills and trains it a slot!
I am just saying that they used power scrolls for pets instead of introducing a new item to acquire. And this has resulted in all sorts of inflated prices and angry threads about power scrolls.

I won't comment on any thing else you said.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this has resulted in all sorts of inflated prices and angry threads about power scrolls.

I won't comment on any thing else you said.
I cannot see anyone angry here except you, imagine if each pvper posted a thread complaining about each advantage you trammies have, how would it end up? The devs know exactly what their doing, the ps system is great as it is and im loving it, it brought a lot of action in fel facet

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey I'm not angry, I even have started playing again on a production shard (well 1/2 time on Siege and 1/2 time others).
But to respond to you, if every pvper started a new thread we might not even notice.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players can do one of 3 things to get powerscrolls. Farm armor, arties etc in Trammel and sell or trade for scrolls. No risk of big bad pks. Second they can solo spawn, pks actually are not near as prevalent as Trammys think. Third they can group up or join a larger spawn guild and split up scrolls with others. Thing is with all these options they still complain. The first of those options in no way shape or form forces people to go to Fel. The second option is the riskiest(but not as risky as people make it out) but is by far the most profitable. The third promotes group play but requires sharing the spoils. There are options for evry style of player but Trammys want their style of play forced on fel players out of sheer greed and spite. I have to deal with the cheats and trashy players in Fel but those players are also every bit as common in Trammel. There ARE some legit players left in Fel. Since trameel came out 17 years or so ago just about every publish and every expansion has been all about Trammel and people wonder why there are way more trammel players. Despite the massive neglect to Fel people do still play it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You're all missing the big picture anyway.
Pet Powerscrolls will soon be available from the UO Store so your arguments are null and void.
Champ spots will soon be as deserted as they used to be as "players" don't need scrolls, only their pets.

Oh and before y'all go on about it not happening.....think about the dev's reading these recent Pvm v's PvP threads and them thinking "how the hell are we gonna solve the pet powerscroll problem".
You have all given them the ONLY answer that will work.
Says the dude that said we were going to free to play last year....

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Given some recent and past events, safe to say...... the largest groups of cheaters per capita.
I don't disagree with you, but the cheats vary quite a bit between pvp and the others that are used for personal financial gain.

So, What's the solution to that problem?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't disagree with you, but the cheats vary quite a bit between pvp and the others that are used for personal financial gain.

So, What's the solution to that problem?
EA/BS is really the only one that can resolve that problem and for nearly 20 year they by and large have chosen to let it grow and fester. And don't get me wrong PvM has its fair share of cheaters and exploiters. The only way at this point that I can see to end the problem is to take the profit out of it. Don't want to see stuff account bound as other have suggested in other threads. But making a lot of stuff Shard Bound would really crimp the 3rd party seller sites in moving the high end stuff around, Make power scrolls just like primers, you can transfer and eat them but you can bounce them from shard to shard. Not much can be done about existing rares, but can make the new event items shard bound as well. I have always had a problem with Event items on one shard ending up on another shard. All those Power scrolls for sale on the 3rd party sites come from somewhere, I had a conversation with one of them just out of curiosity last night and asked how many of their scrolls are dupes, the answer was around 35% with the rest being purchased from spawn guilds. Apparantly 120 Mage, Parry, Fishing, and resisting spells are the ones that require the most duping. So yeah the PvP guilds that farm the spawns and control them are seeing personal gain, quite a bit of personal gain atm. If the scrolls can't be transferred from the easy to farm low pop shards and duped along the way that kills two birds with one stone. Same with Rares. If the player has to spend 20 bucks on a transfer to pick up the $4 wrestling scroll yeah you get the idea.

Putting scrolls in one tram spawn like the Sleeping Dragon would also cut into the cheating a bit. I am guilty of transferring A LOT because I farm on a couple of low pop shards and eventually move it all to ATL and sell the stuff there. So suggesting this hurts my own game interest as well. But something I would gladly take the hit on to see this duping and RL Financial gain brought under control. The garden variety PvP cheating at yew gate and VvV is pretty much a PvP issue and for that community to resolve as it has no bearing on the game or economy in any significant way beyond buying trammie goods and occasionally popping a spawn. Give everyone blanket pardons one day and then start parking GMs in the cheating hot hot spots and dropping perm bans and complete account wipes and most folks would get the hint and stop or move on. And as I said take the profit out of it and make the RW trades extremely costly and difficult and it diminishes. Folks can point to everything under the sun as to why the UO population declines and what it always comes back to is Cheating and Bad Marketing.

And the idea of doing a mini patch to break at least two of the more popular cheat sites has some merit and would fully kill the one, Simply because C. would never be able to keep it updated.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Powerscrolls to tram? Man oh man...nothing ever changes on Stratics.

Meanwhile in broken UO world, powerscrolls should have always been shard bound. I'm sure Messana will bork it up nice and make powerscrolls shard bound then make them drop in Luna by using a power word "free". Claim some changing time equality nonsense. Hey on a positive note...it can't get anymore dead..can it?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Powerscrolls to tram? Man oh man...nothing ever changes on Stratics.

Meanwhile in broken UO world, powerscrolls should have always been shard bound. I'm sure Messana will bork it up nice and make powerscrolls shard bound then make them drop in Luna by using a power word "free". Claim some changing time equality nonsense. Hey on a positive note...it can't get anymore dead..can it?

Actually since the tamer publish I've seen more people on than I have in a very long time. I've heard similar statements from others.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually since the tamer publish I've seen more people on than I have in a very long time. I've heard similar statements from others.
A lot of curiosity about the taming pub and the upcoming anniversary. Wait till October or November, Idoc'ing will be busy again =)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a lot of talk here about PvPers cheating, i'd just like to point out that not all of them cheat, PRO on Europa have a no cheating policy.
(in game footage from a Europa event the other day)
Unless things have changed a lot, a skilled PvP will beat the programs 90% of the time. I don't think anyone here is denying there is a huge cheating problem in PvM as well. It just happens to be more concentrated and noticed in the PvP realm.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unless things have changed a lot, a skilled PvP will beat the programs 90% of the time. I don't think anyone here is denying there is a huge cheating problem in PvM as well. It just happens to be more concentrated and noticed in the PvP realm.
In PvM outside of competition for EM Drops cheating and such only effects the market... and then there is Multiboxing and botting which Botting effects everyone... first off they are camping places people want to actually play can't really... especially if it's a good scriptting bot that instantly targets and such... Multiboxing effects the economy and in the EM Events it lowers everyone elses chances at getting a drop .... even more so for those who's shard it is...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hey, just because broadsword are sooo slow at doing anything....don't mean it wont happen.
Yeah man but the difference is you bet your account on a time frame.

They may go free to play some year.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Tyrath very nice post, but we all know why they do nothing about cheating, we know why so many people just put up with it. If they could ban all the cheaters accounts over-night and close all those third party sites, we would all celebrate, but how many accounts would they lose? It's the fear of drastically reducing their income that ties their hands and it's the fear of UO being closed due to lack of profit that makes people turn a blind eye, even though they hate the situation! It was allowed to continue and thrive for far too long already. EA puts profit before people and that will never change. The only reason I can see for them not making more items shard-bound is not wanting to rock the boat with all those cheaters. :(

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
You have assisted to an EM event right??? I see more multi-boxers and cheats there than more cheats in PVP being used.....

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's saying it's easier to spot in PvP and I understand. But if you look on these sites 99 out of 100 of these scripts are directly made for tram pvm.

As for scrolls being share bound. There's no way BS would give up the transfer sales to please a select few.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fel players deserve something exclusive. Actually it deserves more than we have now.
Yep, I fully agree. Let's have something exclusive for PvP players. Let's give them their own Exclusive PvP ruleset only server. And Trammel players can have their own exclusive Trammel only ruleset server.
But you don't want that do you? Because behind all the high talk, what majority of PvPers really want is a supply of victims (PvMers) to grief. Remove the victims, and the PvP lifestyle kills itself in months as evidenced by pretty much any unlimited PvP game attempted out there. And that's brings us to the current problem - a small minority of of UO players derive their enjoyment from ruining the game play experience of the majority. First you get to kill them and listen to all the sweet tears, and then you get to sell the loot for exorbitant prices because you get to limit the access. Can't get any better than that.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yep, I fully agree. Let's have something exclusive for PvP players. Let's give them their own Exclusive PvP ruleset only server. And Trammel players can have their own exclusive Trammel only ruleset server.
But you don't want that do you? Because behind all the high talk, what majority of PvPers really want is a supply of victims (PvMers) to grief. Remove the victims, and the PvP lifestyle kills itself in months as evidenced by pretty much any unlimited PvP game attempted out there. And that's brings us to the current problem - a small minority of of UO players derive their enjoyment from ruining the game play experience of the majority. First you get to kill them and listen to all the sweet tears, and then you get to sell the loot for exorbitant prices because you get to limit the access. Can't get any better than that.
Way to derail the topic.

Doesn't matter if PVPErs did want to, doesn't change anything.

Most pvmers don't go to Fel, so there goes that thought.

I know it's painful there's no easy button here, but you'll be just fine.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
He's saying it's easier to spot in PvP and I understand. But if you look on these sites 99 out of 100 of these scripts are directly made for tram pvm.

As for scrolls being share bound. There's no way BS would give up the transfer sales to please a select few.
How is it easier to spot? Sorry if I am confused... but seeing 6 chars move one after an other in a line is more obvious, than your PVP cheat that might be eating a thing of a tree or cleaning your cuts with some rags.....

A PvP only rule set with all the advantages of Prodo shards would be the thing that would sort it all out, Of course that Shard will be non transferable in or out, so everyone starts from scratch, no PS can be shipped in or out and everything is self contained in one shard.
The problem is not making a new shard that takes less than 3 minutes to set up and no effort at all, we have had many shards come and go, they just activate and disactivate, the problem of having an all PVP shard is the positioning of the shard, you would need one for East coast, West coast, Europe and 2 in Asia for everyone to say they playing in Equal grounds. As having the PVP shard in Europe would hinder the US players and viceversa..... That is why it probably hasn't been done even tho most people have given really good reasons to get it done and would sort all problems out......

Then say they did give it to creating them, how long would it take for people to get bored if its true PVPers needs PVMers, also by being PVP zone, there shouldn't be any guard zones either, meaning you can get attacked anywhere, so means most people will live in their houses and rarely touch the cities....

I am all open for a PVP only shard with the prodo stuff, but only and if they sort some issues way before and get things clear from the start, no half changing half way through!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Best post ever

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Way to derail the topic.

Doesn't matter if PVPErs did want to, doesn't change anything.

Most pvmers don't go to Fel, so there goes that thought.

I know it's painful there's no easy button here, but you'll be just fine.
What PVMers dont go to Fel and in what shard?
Most shards I play, I see people in Fel, sometimes cause there is no one to hunt them down and in others cause they need to, only way of getting PSes....
But as life itself, if you dont riskk you wont win, we cannot make UO an easy button game, I do undertand some people are elders but you cannot simplify a game to make it appealing to be soft. Just like life, you have to take risks to live, so why cant that be the same in Uo?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What PVMers dont go to Fel and in what shard?
Most shards I play, I see people in Fel, sometimes cause there is no one to hunt them down and in others cause they need to, only way of getting PSes....
But as life itself, if you dont riskk you wont win, we cannot make UO an easy button game, I do undertand some people are elders but you cannot simplify a game to make it appealing to be soft. Just like life, you have to take risks to live, so why cant that be the same in Uo?
Then this whole thread is a non-issue. Thanks for clearing that up.

To be clear, I am not in favor of changing powerscrolls.

You seem to be confused.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's pretty obvious you were pked in 98 and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in terms of today's PvP. I haven't been pked in 8 or more years lol.

The only thing we have to gather and fight over are spawns since vvv was a busy. Just because it's the new get rich ticket for pvmers doesn't mean you deserve it on your facet too. You already have all the tameables and basically all content since ML while we've had double resources and luck boost,which ironically only effects tram players as well.

Flat lie about PvP only games. Freeshards are packed with pvp, fps from 20 years ago are still packed.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is it easier to spot? Sorry if I am confused... but seeing 6 chars move one after an other in a line is more obvious, than your PVP cheat
I get what you're saying but people pay more attention to others in PvP and are more apt to call it out. A person skipping tiles would be called a cheater. Auto box, auto cures ect are also more noticable than, say an auto looter.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only thing we have to gather and fight over are spawns since vvv was a busy. Just because it's the new get rich ticket for pvmers doesn't mean you deserve it on your facet too. You already have all the tameables and basically all content since ML while we've had double resources and luck boost,which ironically only effects tram players as well
Yeah, this is a nice misrepresentation of the facts that PvPers like to throw around. It's not that PvMers have everything and PvPers just have scrolls. It's more like PvPers have everything PvMers have, and on top of that they have an exclusive choke hold on power scrolls.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, this is a nice misrepresentation of the facts that PvPers like to throw around. It's not that PvMers have everything and PvPers just have scrolls. It's more like PvPers have everything PvMers have, and on top of that they have an exclusive choke hold on power scrolls.
ANd now we have the absolute truth of the matter.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday, on Great Lakes, I ran Ice West 8x's in a row... on my Sampire. I didn't see a single player the whole time. Not one red or OJ.

Now... while you "bring power scrolls to trammel" people complain about the inequality of the situation... I run around most felucca spawns farming scrolls to my hearts content.

People that know me, know I love to PvP but the current market on power scolls is so lucrative, I can't help but take days off from PvPing to grind some scrolls. Truth be told, you're scared to come to felucca. I get it. But please don't hide behind the fact that you can't farm scrolls because of PvPers... it's insulting and blame throwing from the real issues.:flame:

The REAL truth is that there are PLENTY of spawns to hide at, PLENTY of shards to hide on and PLENTY of time to spawn to your hearts content just like I do but you want the easy button.

WONT HAPPEN.

SEE YOU IN FEL! :party:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is a fallacy.

There is nothing preventing PVMers from farming scrolls in Fel on just about any shard, but Maybe Atlantic.

Not sure why people are so scared of dieing to a pvper once in a while but will grind themselves to death vs the dark father or some other mob.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yesterday, on Great Lakes, I ran Ice West 8x's in a row... on my Sampire. I didn't see a single player the whole time. Not one red or OJ.

Now... while you "bring power scrolls to trammel" people complain about the inequality of the situation... I run around most felucca spawns farming scrolls to my hearts content.

People that know me, know I love to PvP but the current market on power scolls is so lucrative, I can't help but take days off from PvPing to grind some scrolls. Truth be told, you're scared to come to felucca. I get it. But please don't hide behind the fact that you can't farm scrolls because of PvPers... it's insulting and blame throwing from the real issues.:flame:

The REAL truth is that there are PLENTY of spawns to hide at, PLENTY of shards to hide on and PLENTY of time to spawn to your hearts content just like I do but you want the easy button.

WONT HAPPEN.

SEE YOU IN FEL! :party:
Definitely this^^

I do about 3 spawns in Fel a day on different shards, have been for years and in well over 1000 spawns(I know this isnt an exageration as I used to keep a tally just to see what was the most likely random spawn(vermin by far btw)), in all that time Ive been PKed once at lighthouse spawn on Siege, no evil red guilds keep a stranglehold on champ spawns in Fel, 99% of the time I see no other players, 0.9% of the time if another player appears he is doing the same thing I am and just joins me on the spawn rather than fight over it, sometimes we then do a few more.

Keep the powerscrolls in Fel, risk vs reward etc, there is actually way less risk than a lot of the people here seem to think there is...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a fallacy.

There is nothing preventing PVMers from farming scrolls in Fel on just about any shard, but Maybe Atlantic.

Not sure why people are so scared of dieing to a pvper once in a while but will grind themselves to death vs the dark father or some other mob.
It's not being scared. It's being frustrated. Like many adults out there on a typical night I have about 2 hours a night to play. When I spend those 2 hours on a spawn only to have gankers show up once the champ is up and reap the rewards for 5 minutes worth of effort - that just makes me not want to log in again. It has nothing to do with difficulty or risk vs reward. It's just that feeling when you know that someone's gameplay is built around abusing you and your effort. It's not very rewarding.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People that know me, know I love to PvP but the current market on power scolls is so lucrative, I can't help but take days off from PvPing to grind some scrolls. Truth be told, you're scared to come to felucca. I get it. But please don't hide behind the fact that you can't farm scrolls because of PvPers... it's insulting and blame throwing from the real issues
Of course, the fact that you PvP regularly and have friends who PvP has nothing to do with the fact that you went unmolested.

My guild was raided on last 3 spawns we did (all in lost lands). So?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're all missing the big picture anyway.
Pet Powerscrolls will soon be available from the UO Store so your arguments are null and void.
Champ spots will soon be as deserted as they used to be as "players" don't need scrolls, only their pets.

Oh and before y'all go on about it not happening.....think about the dev's reading these recent Pvm v's PvP threads and them thinking "how the hell are we gonna solve the pet powerscroll problem".
You have all given them the ONLY answer that will work.
Hahaha, If EA/BS did that they would finally have a reason to add the majority of content to Felucca & even expand fel-rules to other facets (lol)... more revenue for UO, people could save money by playing UO in pvp-areas (!)... as fun as it sounds thinking Fel would actually get some content additions, I hope that doesn't happen... the sad thing is, it may not be out of the question...o.0

Good post nonetheless.

Aeneas

Adventurer
It's not being scared. It's being frustrated. Like many adults out there on a typical night I have about 2 hours a night to play. When I spend those 2 hours on a spawn only to have gankers show up once the champ is up and reap the rewards for 5 minutes worth of effort - that just makes me not want to log in again. It has nothing to do with difficulty or risk vs reward. It's just that feeling when you know that someone's gameplay is built around abusing you and your effort. It's not very rewarding.
And you are thinking that putting scrolls in tram will solve the situation? What stops me from showing up at the last minute, naked with a keg of expl pots, and bomb the boss to death while laughing at your face (just an example). What are you going to about that? You know a single Exp/FS may drop me since I am naked but you just couldn't do that even if you out number me 10 to 1.

Which one is worse?:
+ You put up a fight then lost but at least you can put up a fight. Eventually you'll win some battle. Xheal and Call target is not a hard skill to learn. If your group precasted FS and drop 3-4 of those on one red target. There's zero chance that red could avoid a dirt nap. If you are out number then at least take a few of them with you. If you out number them, you may win.

Do you know where all your guild mates are (UO Cart link for example)? Do you have an evasion "lurer" to lure the red onto a dismount/AI archer trap?

Do you have a spy at the beach to warn every one that you are getting raid? Do you block the beach with boats?

If you didn't do any of those things, you only have yourself to blame.

+ You can't even put up a fight. even if you out number them 10 to 1.

I would take the first choice any time. Next time you train resist or train your awesome pet, someone can just comes in, kills whatever you are training with and laugh at your place. No doubt you would love to be able to take justice in your own hand but you just can't. That would never happen in Fel.

With all the uber posts that show ppl can take down a boss in mins, I find it hard not to be able to hold up the reds for that few mins if your guild is determined to do so. Heck, block most of the path with ball bags (put ore in them, they weight a ton) and park your pets around them is enough to slow anyone down. Energy fields, and more fields to block the rest of the path. Use your Cu, the moment the red pull back, mount it then dismount, make them pull target bars again, slowing them down. You just have to give up your chance of hitting the boss, which most PvM won't do from my experience.

Years ago, "you are trammie" was an ultimate insult in pvp community. It's a symbol of those who got "it" in the behind and just have to suck it up (because there is no alternative). I enjoy hunting in Fel solo because I know I won't be troubled with blue/tram crashers.

My guild hunts scalies and mel in the last few days. Multiple times, the hunt leader said "wait for it to go inland" or "wait for the second group to join" but no one really listened. Many ppl attacked the boss the moment they could just to get that all evasive chance of getting something. That mentality won't work in Fel.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And you are thinking that putting scrolls in tram will solve the situation? What stops me from showing up at the last minute, naked with a keg of expl pots, and bomb the boss to death while laughing at your face (just an example). What are you going to about that? You know a single Exp/FS may drop me since I am naked but you just couldn't do that even if you out number me 10 to 1.
For one, the financial incentive will be much smaller once the prices drop.
Which one is worse?:
+ You put up a fight then lost but at least you can put up a fight. Eventually you'll win some battle. Xheal and Call target is not a hard skill to learn. If your group precasted FS and drop 3-4 of those on one red target. There's zero chance that red could avoid a dirt nap. If you are out number then at least take a few of them with you. If you out number them, you may win.
Do you know where all your guild mates are (UO Cart link for example)? Do you have an evasion "lurer" to lure the red onto a dismount/AI archer trap?
Do you have a spy at the beach to warn every one that you are getting raid? Do you block the beach with boats?
If you didn't do any of those things, you only have yourself to blame.
See, that's exactly it - if I and my friends 1) wanted to PvP, 2) had time and energy to be good at it, 3) had adequate ping for it, we would not be here complaining. But we don't. The vast majority of the current player base does not PvP and does not like to PvP. But they are forced to do it in order to provide entertainment for a small group of players.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Great Posts Railshot! Your spot on on your assessments! :thumbup:

PvPers have everything PvMers have, and on top of that they maintain a lucrative monopoly on a vital aspect of UO (Something the Dev Team fails to understand apparently).

And your absolutely right: Time is the most precious commodity in the Universe.

It is entertaining reading posts defending having power scrolls in Fel only.:lie:

This topic is one of the many reasons I have zero respect for the Dev Team. (the fact that they've allowed this monopoly to go on for 10+ years now.)

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't recall there every being guild fights over lady mel. If you're going to base an argument it should be Fel vs Tram not pvper vs pvmer and everyone can agree that tram has drastically more content than fel.

There is no such chokehold on powerscrolls. I have freely done spawns solo on Atlantic for 6 or more years.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play 6-10 hours per week. Does this mean idocs should be based around my gametime? Should I feel like quitting because I can't get a slither (tram only content btw) drop in my allotted play time?