• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Adding Power Scrolls to Tram

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try it with the new changes. I'm telling you not even remotely possible. Best time I've had is 38 minutes and I assure you I'm no slouch nor is my gear
I've done Semidar spawn a few times last week, the spawn times were within 29-32 minutes each, solo with a wammie (wraith form). but I haven't done a spawn other than that since before primers came out.

I have done semidar spawn in 18 minutes solo before, my average time was closer to 20 minutes per spawn though (from spawn-pop to champ down).
I didn't really farm barracoon much, since they added Replicas to champs, but Barracoon "Spawn" is much weaker than Semidar spawn.

I don't think 20-25minute solo spawns with the changes over the last year or two are out of the question.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've done Semidar spawn a few times last week, the spawn times were within 29-32 minutes each, solo with a wammie (wraith form). but I haven't done a spawn other than that since before primers came out.

I have done semidar spawn in 18 minutes solo before, my average time was closer to 20 minutes per spawn though (from spawn-pop to champ down).
I didn't really farm barracoon much, since they added Replicas to champs, but Barracoon "Spawn" is much weaker than Semidar spawn.

I don't think 20-25minute solo spawns with the changes over the last year or two are out of the question.
I could almost buy 25 minutes. The first spawn for me takes the longest. Everything is one hit dead (whirlwind plus hit effects kill all mobs 1 hit) but getting them on me is a nightmare. I've actually thought about advancing the skulls past the first spawn with valor instead of the last to pop barracoon.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your not using Hit area spell, you need to, itll shave at minimum five minutes off your spawn time.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The argument has been stated multiple times, but you seem to either ignore it or dismiss it with no supportable arguments of your own. I'll try again although it's clear that personal gain beats logic and reason at this point.
1. Currently, Power Scrolls are a resource that is pretty much required for player templates and highly desirable for pets. It's not a luxury.
2. This resource is controlled by a tiny proportion of the players. I don't care that you think anyone can farm them unmolested 24/7 if only they were brave enough. The reality contradicts you.
3. This tiny proportion of the players uses their control to prevent others from accessing this resource, as well as to provide themselves with unskilled PvP targets.
4. They also use this control to keep prices artificially high with the purpose of benefiting themselves.
5. This monopoly arrangement and forced PvP alienates the large proportion of UO population.
6. Unhappy majority is not good for the game.

Is that clear enough?
I dont mind the pet powerscroll idea. That would be a compromise. With the issues of pets not welcomed in the pvp community as they are. Hence the upcoming nerf that will have little effect on pvm content but would prevent the average tamer from being able to defend themselves at spawns. So make pet powerscrolls that would drop in ilsh/tok. Would this not appease both sides of the debate. This would not effect pvp but it would allow tamers to obtain scrolls to develop the pets they want. This should have no impact on pvp.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your not using Hit area spell, you need to, itll shave at minimum five minutes off your spawn time.
Using 2 hit area spells lightning and hit fire area.

Definitely not damage output. Everything besides silver serpents are all dead after one ww.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
32 minutes is best I have managed on arachnid, very close to that on demon or vermin, 38 min or so for reptile(as the second wave orphidians arent a 1 hit kill), 50+ mins on undead, hate that one.

These are all when using a chiv thrower, I dont have a sampire but I imagined all are much faster using one of those.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I used to be able to solo Semidar spawn in 20 minutes before the spawn change. Now it takes between 30 to 35 minutes thanks to my ping. Same for the Semidar spawn.
Baracoon I can do it in 25 to 27 minutes by using valor twice at the champ skull to speed up the first spawn, if I am doing it on Despise.
On the Island in lost lands, it takes a good 10 minutes more.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to be able to solo Semidar spawn in 20 minutes before the spawn change. Now it takes between 30 to 35 minutes thanks to my ping. Same for the Semidar spawn.
Baracoon I can do it in 25 to 27 minutes by using valor twice at the champ skull to speed up the first spawn, if I am doing it on Despise.
On the Island in lost lands, it takes a good 10 minutes more.
That's along the lines of what I'm experiencing. Sorry to kind of derail the thread just too many claiming 10-15 minutes for the whole spawn. That's just not realistic or accurate.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
That's along the lines of what I'm experiencing. Sorry to kind of derail the thread just too many claiming 10-15 minutes for the whole spawn. That's just not realistic or accurate.
Players who benefit on the Monopoly of 120s being exclusive to Felucca will say anything to keep it that way. If anything this thread is evidence of that...we've seen a number of tall tales in this thread already which is why it's so amusing.

Also, note the those who are against this absolutely have to have the last word on the matter. They can't just put in their 2 cents and leave it be...

I've said my peace, and I'll be sure to do so again in the next thread, however many months from now.
Shame on the Devs for giving a small minority of players a stranglehold on a resource this vital to all players in the game. Absolutely terrible!:thumbdown::twak::mad2::frown2:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Players who benefit on the Monopoly of 120s being exclusive to Felucca will say anything to keep it that way. If anything this thread is evidence of that...we've seen a number of tall tales in this thread already which is why it's so amusing.

Also, note the those who are against this absolutely have to have the last word on the matter. They can't just put in their 2 cents and leave it be...

I've said my peace, and I'll be sure to do so again in the next thread, however many months from now.
Shame on the Devs for giving a small minority of players a stranglehold on a resource this vital to all players in the game. Absolutely terrible!:thumbdown::twak::mad2::frown2:
I like to believe that many of those quoting unrealistic times haven't solod a spawn since the changes. If I had more critters attacking 15-20 would be very realistic. As of now I think at 25 your doing a darn good job. Course I have been accused of be overly optimistic when it comes to judging folks motives.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just did a baracoon solo and it took 26 minutes, that's with no slayer during spawn. I used slayer on boss though. That's also without bumping the spawn at all, which I never do anyway, no point. I also only use hit area and no hit spell cause spell is a waste of weapon imbue space for WW. My gear is straight imbued cheap stuff to.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just did a baracoon solo and it took 26 minutes, that's with no slayer during spawn. I used slayer on boss though. That's also without bumping the spawn at all, which I never do anyway, no point. I also only use hit area and no hit spell cause spell is a waste of weapon imbue space for WW. My gear is straight imbued cheap stuff to.
Really. Wow. Whole thing no bump. 26 minutes. No slayer.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, explain why that had to be done in Fel. Would you have not logged in today if you could have chose to spend those 26 minutes in Trammel instead? Or if I could have spent two hours trying to do that same thing in Trammel? Why would that bother you?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, explain why that had to be done in Fel. Would you have not logged in today if you could have chose to spend those 26 minutes in Trammel instead? Or if I could have spent two hours trying to do that same thing in Trammel? Why would that bother you?
Because, and this has been mentioned about 40 times already and you don't listen, people will non stop script them until there is no more market for scrolls in UO. Not to mention the extra griefing that will happen at every non fel spawn causing you to be upset at that next. This is a pointless discussion, there is no reason to do anything with powerscrolls. There is no reason to even put them on your pet, you gain literally nothing by adding them. The most useful one would be wrestling just for hit chance purposes, rest wouldn't do anything. I don't understand why anyone would pay those prices for only 1-2 damage more per hit. But that comes back to people knowing nothing about game mechanics, they just want to cry about something.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Actually I changed my mind...I have more to say....:rant2:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong: Don't PvPers also have a monopoly on +25 Stat Scrolls as well? +25 Stat scrolls drop exclusively in Felucca...right!?

So that's not 1 but 2 Monopolies on a resource that is vital to gameplay!!!

WOW!:thumbdown:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really. Wow. Whole thing no bump. 26 minutes. No slayer.
Yes really. I had a soldiers medal as talisman. WW weapon is SC, mana leech, stam leech, ssi, hit poison area. Used repond bladed staff on boss.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is sc important?
the acid from level one Slimes doesn't cause additional damage to your weapon if It has spell-channeling on it.
It's not important, but it reduces the amount of repair trips you'd have to make by quite a bit.

Without SC, you need to repair your weapon every 1-2 rat spawns (the weapon normally hits 0 during the 2nd spawn).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
people will non stop script them until there is no more market for scrolls in UO
They cant script in Fel? Why cant they add to the script, Go through moongate at end of spawn, Recall to bank, put scrolls in bank, start over?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the acid from level one Slimes doesn't cause additional damage to your weapon if It has spell-channeling on it.
It's not important, but it reduces the amount of repair trips you'd have to make by quite a bit.

Without SC, you need to repair your weapon every 1-2 rat spawns (the weapon normally hits 0 during the 2nd spawn).
I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Someone correct me if I'm wrong: Don't PvPers also have a monopoly on +25 Stat Scrolls as well? +25 Stat scrolls drop exclusively in Felucca...right!?

Keep grasping straws champ.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I like to believe that many of those quoting unrealistic times haven't solod a spawn since the changes. If I had more critters attacking 15-20 would be very realistic. As of now I think at 25 your doing a darn good job. Course I have been accused of be overly optimistic when it comes to judging folks motives.

Just because you don't know how doesn't make it a fallacy.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Believe one of the early on problems after pub 97 one or two guilds scripting spawns with their new pets.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI, this thread made me decide to give old deceit a good try, took longer than before I'll give you that, took the better part of a half hour to get the champ up and then 10 to kill her. 120 archery for the effort in my pack, prime time Saturday on Napa where I have always played. So if I, with my year out of date equipment, can finish a spawn on a random shard anyone can.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Here's an interesting proposition. Trammel rule players want 120's.. let them have them, but Fel Spawns have to start spawning Paragons too!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because, and this has been mentioned about 40 times already and you don't listen, people will non stop script them until there is no more market for scrolls in UO.
I think you mean until the prices are reasonable. It's funny how UO survives with 90+% of arties being in Tram. Last I checked, most of those arties command quite respectable, yet reasonable prices. God forbid same happens to power scrolls.

Not to mention the extra griefing that will happen at every non fel spawn causing you to be upset at that next.
If you can't handle that horrible, horrible Trammel griefing, nothing is stopping you to continue doing spawns in Fel. As an aside, maybe it's because I don't play on Atlantic, but the only griefing I see is on the Fel side. Somehow on my shard, Trammies tend to be helpful and respectful hunters.

There is no reason to even put them on your pet, you gain literally nothing by adding them. The most useful one would be wrestling just for hit chance purposes, rest wouldn't do anything. I don't understand why anyone would pay those prices for only 1-2 damage more per hit.
That is just very, very far from the truth.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you mean until the prices are reasonable. It's funny how UO survives with 90+% of arties being in Tram. Last I checked, most of those arties command quite respectable, yet reasonable prices. God forbid same happens to power scrolls.

If you can't handle that horrible, horrible Trammel griefing, nothing is stopping you to continue doing spawns in Fel. As an aside, maybe it's because I don't play on Atlantic, but the only griefing I see is on the Fel side. Somehow on my shard, Trammies tend to be helpful and respectful hunters.

That is just very, very far from the truth.
LOLOLOL what???? I mean this is so absurd it, I shouldn't even respond to it. First off on the last thing, have you done or even know how the math of what your adding to your pet with scrolls does?

Second, I will never be griefed anywhere, you are the people that will be crying about the griefing if they did put them in trammel.

Third, other then very rare drop items, you guys did ruin most of the market by farming non stop without anyone stopping you. I dont know what rock you live under, but when reality comes come back, make a more intelligent, rational argument.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ended up having some great fun doing that spawn so I did it twice more. I got raided on the third time but had a good time. Ended up with the archery, a focus, fencing and eval in 20's, a 15 resist which i read might sell and a pair of 10's, a level 3 taming primer plus some turn in crap and 6 random pinks. With some extra effort i could cut it down another minute or two but 26 seemed to be the average to level deceit and 10 for thr boss which could be reduced by a third or more. Used a 70 hit area double axe but it could be better refined.

Long story short I have not played to any serious amount in a year plus yet I managed to hammer out a productive session. I had spotted the raiders but wanted to get some extra time watching Neira and the damage to better estimate what refinements could do so even the raid could have been avoided if I had cared but I was enjoying the game play.

A pair of like minded individuals could easily speed this up anorher third or better. My sample is small but it mimicked very closely what I felt was a normal rate of being raided at 1/3 or better over the decade i spawned.

So, with a little effort, everyone could be out there enjoying the thrills of UO.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOLOL what???? I mean this is so absurd it, I shouldn't even respond to it. First off on the last thing, have you done or even know how the math of what your adding to your pet with scrolls does?
Right, when unable to argue the point intelligently, just attack the poster.
Second, I will never be griefed anywhere, you are the people that will be crying about the griefing if they did put them in trammel.
Ah, so all this opposition to scrolls in Trammel is because you are worried about Trammies being griefed? How touching... and believable.
Third, other then very rare drop items, you guys did ruin most of the market by farming non stop without anyone stopping you.
Your definition of a not ruined market seems to be something that can be farmed in 30 minutes and sold for tens of millions. I would disagree. And even then, the market for very rare items according to you is somehow not ruined. You'd think they would be the prime target for scripters.
I dont know what rock you live under, but when reality comes come back, make a more intelligent, rational argument.
Your manner to carry a conversation is very reminiscent of Atlantic gen chat. Coincidence?

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nope. They don't have a monopoly on either. I bet you 10000000 gold that if you got a few friends together you could successfully run at least one spawn today. Depending on shard, and location I bet you could chain run them.

Also, seems like it's not just those pesky fel players who refuse to just put in their 2 cents and leave? :p

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Holy ****... I forgot all about that. Here I was making throw away ww weapons like a chump. :(

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They cant script in Fel? Why cant they add to the script, Go through moongate at end of spawn, Recall to bank, put scrolls in bank, start over?
I...I don't understand your confusion here... You can't script in fel because someone will kill you, especially scripting somewhere people frequently go. Thats, like the whole point of scripting in tram, to avoid being killed. o_O

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI, this thread made me decide to give old deceit a good try, took longer than before I'll give you that, took the better part of a half hour to get the champ up and then 10 to kill her. 120 archery for the effort in my pack, prime time Saturday on Napa where I have always played. So if I, with my year out of date equipment, can finish a spawn on a random shard anyone can.
You must be an elite pvper, otherwise it would have been an impossible task. *nods*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I...I don't understand your confusion here... You can't script in fel because someone will kill you, especially scripting somewhere people frequently go. Thats, like the whole point of scripting in tram, to avoid being killed. o_O

So in some posts we trammies should head right over to Fel and get scrolls because it is so easy and Ill see nobody there. And now you tell me I cant because I will be killed. Which is it?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Holy ****... I forgot all about that. Here I was making throw away ww weapons like a chump. :(
Its funny, but simple things like these are the game mechanics that people either don't know or have forgot. Its not a hard game, just have to know how things work. If most of the people in trammel knew what I know, theyd all be spawning and this thread would have never been made. But since they are just lazy and don't want to further their knowledge of the game they rather make this thread and say gimme all this stuff for nothing.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play a trammel tamer, but I also have a red to hunt blues/oranges at champs, i also have a crafter, I don't go around screaming that I should be able to imbue with my tamer...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So in some posts we trammies should head right over to Fel and get scrolls because it is so easy and Ill see nobody there. And now you tell me I cant because I will be killed. Which is it?
First of all, if you go to fel, you WILL get raided eventually, that doesn't mean you'll get raided every time, or even most times, or that getting raided sometimes means you can get your own powerscrolls. A lot of that depends on your choices of when, and where and how to work a spawn.

The whole point of a script is for the game to play itself uninterrupted, something you can only guarantee in tram, so when you get raided, unlike a human your scripted character won't be able to escape, and will end up dead. When people realize you are trying to script an activity in an area they will look for you there because easy pickings. Thus the whole point of automated game play would be interrupted far too often to make it worth the effort.

Of course the whole PS in tram thing isn't even about scripting as much as it's about active people chaining champs all day every day all year long. If they were added to tram they would have to be as rare as a tangle, or something else absurd like that, or the market would be absolutly destroyed in a month.

Of course, I know you know what I and other people are saying. What I don't know is why you insist on being so difficult about it. :/

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its funny, but simple things like these are the game mechanics that people either don't know or have forgot. Its not a hard game, just have to know how things work. If most of the people in trammel knew what I know, theyd all be spawning and this thread would have never been made. But since they are just lazy and don't want to further their knowledge of the game they rather make this thread and say gimme all this stuff for nothing.
Yeah, I've always had a problem with how little of this game gets documented. It can make it really an esoteric game to new players, especially ones who expect at least some guidance on game play. There are literally dozens of little things like this that many people, probably many long term players have no clue about.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have been under the impression that most vet type players knew about the SC weapon but that was 7+ years ago when it came out if not longer. It would be amazing to see a list of these details, could be amazingly expansive when one things about it.....sigh.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Yeah sure.