• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Migration Issues

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know if you are trying to finish this process (like add billing information for the accounts you did manage to link) or fix something you did before (set up accounts that are not linked)..it is nearly impossible to follow all these posts. If you are fortunate enough to be able to follow Larisa's guide perhaps but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I don't know the email address associated with some accounts..had I been given a heads up BEFORE they started I would have ensured that I did know them! I cannot find where I am supposed to enter billing information. I click on SET DESCRIPTION as the guide says and nothing happens.

It is absolutely atrocious and unforgivable that this system was implemented without documentation! If we are jumping the gun and trying to enter things too soon..tell us!
And what the hell is a persona id?? Where does it fit in the mishmash of EA Account, Mythic master account, UO account (that is the only one I understand!). How many id's do I have to create?? GAH!! *tears out hair*
Miri, for one of those UO accounts where you don't remember the e-mail address, try using the bottom right section of the login screen that refers to Mythic Master Accounts and enter the UO account information and password. You'll have to add on "_uo" to the account name though. I think there's a good possibility that the next screen you get will tell you in the upper left hand section of the screen the EA Account that particular UO account is associated with. The EA Account name will actually look like an e-mail address.

I strongly suspect that when some of us received an e-mail message a few weeks ago telling us that EA Accounts were going to become Origin accounts, that EA was actually testing the e-mail addresses associated with our UO accounts to find out which ones were valid, functioning e-mail addresses. Based on the results of that mass e-mailing (or two or three if they did it in stages for the 2.5 million active and inactive UO accounts), they then set up EA Accounts for all the valid e-mail addresses.

If those old e-mail addresses you still have associated with those UO accounts were still functioning e-mail addresses, then chances seem to be good that your UO Accounts have been provisionally associated with a new EA Account that has as its login "name" the actual e-mail address and some unknown password. You'd use the "lost password" process to reassign a new password to that EA Account, but beware that lost password process would send an e-mail with links for the password reset to that very same e-mail address. So if it's an e-mail address you cannot access, I think you're out of luck for trying to reassociate that UO Account to a different e-mail address/EA Account without some customer service help. Plus, you may not, at this point, really want an additional EA Account until we hear in some official announcement that we're not going to cause ourselves additional headaches (e.g., IP blocking/banning) by having more than one EA Account tied to our IPs and/or our credit cards.

As far as the "persona" thing goes, I believe it's just another identifier attached to an EA Account, something that won't change if you happen to change the e-mail address associated with the EA Account. I have yet to see it actually displayed on any of the Account Management screens, so it might be an internal use type of tag or maybe something that EA just hasn't gotten around to adding something to make it display on the accounting screens we see.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miri, for one of those UO accounts where you don't remember the e-mail address, try using the bottom right section of the login screen that refers to Mythic Master Accounts and enter the UO account information and password. You'll have to add on "_uo" to the account name though. I think there's a good possibility that the next screen you get will tell you in the upper left hand section of the screen the EA Account that particular UO account is associated with. The EA Account name will actually look like an e-mail address.

I strongly suspect that when some of us received an e-mail message a few weeks ago telling us that EA Accounts were going to become Origin accounts, that EA was actually testing the e-mail addresses associated with our UO accounts to find out which ones were valid, functioning e-mail addresses. Based on the results of that mass e-mailing (or two or three if they did it in stages for the 2.5 million active and inactive UO accounts), they then set up EA Accounts for all the valid e-mail addresses.

If those old e-mail addresses you still have associated with those UO accounts were still functioning e-mail addresses, then chances seem to be good that your UO Accounts have been provisionally associated with a new EA Account that has as its login "name" the actual e-mail address and some unknown password. You'd use the "lost password" process to reassign a new password to that EA Account, but beware that lost password process would send an e-mail with links for the password reset to that very same e-mail address. So if it's an e-mail address you cannot access, I think you're out of luck for trying to reassociate that UO Account to a different e-mail address/EA Account without some customer service help. Plus, you may not, at this point, really want an additional EA Account until we hear in some official announcement that we're not going to cause ourselves additional headaches (e.g., IP blocking/banning) by having more than one EA Account tied to our IPs and/or our credit cards.

As far as the "persona" thing goes, I believe it's just another identifier attached to an EA Account, something that won't change if you happen to change the e-mail address associated with the EA Account. I have yet to see it actually displayed on any of the Account Management screens, so it might be an internal use type of tag or maybe something that EA just hasn't gotten around to adding something to make it display on the accounting screens we see.
Thanks for the information Tina. I went to my emails and found the ones that got that message and was able to set up the missing account. Now as for the persona id, it is showing up at the end of the list of UO accounts..like it is an account or something!?

I am pretty sure I may have set up more accounts than I should have. To be honest I have no idea! *laughs* I do know that none of my accounts have billing information yet because I cannot get to the right screen.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know if you are trying to finish this process (like add billing information for the accounts you did manage to link) or fix something you did before (set up accounts that are not linked)..it is nearly impossible to follow all these posts. If you are fortunate enough to be able to follow Larisa's guide perhaps but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I don't know the email address associated with some accounts..had I been given a heads up BEFORE they started I would have ensured that I did know them! I cannot find where I am supposed to enter billing information. I click on SET DESCRIPTION as the guide says and nothing happens.

It is absolutely atrocious and unforgivable that this system was implemented without documentation! If we are jumping the gun and trying to enter things too soon..tell us!
And what the hell is a persona id?? Where does it fit in the mishmash of EA Account, Mythic master account, UO account (that is the only one I understand!). How many id's do I have to create?? GAH!! *tears out hair*
"SET DESCRIPTION " does nothing... that button doesn't appear to be programmed to do anything yet.

Once you are in the system, via EA Account or Mythic Master Account, the only way to enter/update your billing info & current email is to click Subscribe. You will see that button if you highlight a linked account via the drop down list at the top of the page. Once hiighlighted, scroll to the bottom of the page to see the subscribe button.

If you have multiple accounts, after you enter the email and billing for the first one, when you highlight the next linked account, you'll have the option to use that same billing info on the next linked account.

It won't charge your credit card until your current gametime runs out. If you don't want to be charged for the next time period there will also be a new button to cancel/unsubscribe. That button doesn't show up until the account billing has been updated and a new game time period has been requested by you.

If you are using gametime codes, then you have to wait until EA gives the all clear on using those codes, but I think you can still verify/update your email address.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the information Tina. I went to my emails and found the ones that got that message and was able to set up the missing account. Now as for the persona id, it is showing up at the end of the list of UO accounts..like it is an account or something!?

I am pretty sure I may have set up more accounts than I should have. To be honest I have no idea! *laughs* I do know that none of my accounts have billing information yet because I cannot get to the right screen.
I haven't setup my billing yet either, and it ran out yesterday, but my status is still 'Active' and I can still login to UO.

Pressing SET DESCRIPTION and refreshing, as others have suggested, does nothing for me too, so I'm starting to think I should press the 'Subscribe' button near the bottom and choose the billing cycle and enter all the billing info again.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"SET DESCRIPTION " does nothing... that button doesn't appear to be programmed to do anything yet.

Once you are in the system, via EA Account or Mythic Master Account, the only way to enter/update your billing info & current email is to click Subscribe. You will see that button if you highlight a linked account via the drop down list at the top of the page. Once hiighlighted, scroll to the bottom of the page to see the subscribe button.

If you have multiple accounts, after you enter the email and billing for the first one, when you highlight the next linked account, you'll have the option to use that same billing info on the next linked account.

It won't charge your credit card until your current gametime runs out. If you don't want to be charged for the next time period there will also be a new button to cancel/unsubscribe. That button doesn't show up until the account billing has been updated and a new game time period has been requested by you.

If you are using gametime codes, then you have to wait until EA gives the all clear on using those codes, but I think you can still verify/update your email address.
Ok I didn't want to hit subscribe since the account is already paid for and I really do not trust this system but I will give it a try. Thanks for the information! *smiles*

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now as for the persona id, it is showing up at the end of the list of UO accounts..like it is an account or something!?
I also have a "personna" name on the EA Account I set up. Actually, there are 2 "personna" names. They were already in the system attached to my email because a couple years ago I set up an EA Account for Warhammer and I think the other one may be related to The Sims. Those "personna" names do not count toward the 9 total account limit. One of my persona names seems to be the Main EA Account name.

So, some of the stuff in your EA account will be related to UO and some not (if you have other games with them).

I was rather confused by it too. lol

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot it was showing the persona info in the drop down box. I think the fact that it shows up at the bottom (or the top, depending on when you look at it) is just something glitchy in the way the contents of the drop down box are being displayed.

Glad you were able to at least find out the e-mail address for that account and that it was apparently still a working e-mail address you could access!! From some of the posts I've read, I suspect more than a few accounts still had old and inaccessible e-mail addresses assigned to them on the old system or no e-mail address at all. Would have been helpful, at least for those of us still actively playing UO, to have been given a heads-up a month or so ago to check all that information before the migration started. But I guess that kind of notification really wouldn't have helped much for what must be hundreds of thousands of inactive UO accounts that former players have more or less forgotten about and let sit with bad e-mail addresses or assigned to e-mail addresses that they seldom check. I wonder if we'll ever see those players return now if they have to meander through this nightmarish and undocumented process to reactivate their accounts.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Actually, I think there's a $1.00 transaction that gets sent to your bank account when you confirm your CC/debit card info; However, I think it may just be a trial, card verification type of transaction that doesn't actually debit your account. I'm pretty sure you won't see a transaction for your subscription amount (and any applicable taxes) until your current paid subscription time runs out.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also have a "personna" name on the EA Account I set up. Actually, there are 2 "personna" names. They were already in the system attached to my email because a couple years ago I set up an EA Account for Warhammer and I think the other one may be related to The Sims. Those "personna" names do not count toward the 9 total account limit. One of my persona names seems to be the Main EA Account name.

So, some of the stuff in your EA account will be related to UO and some not (if you have other games with them).

I was rather confused by it too. lol
I'd like to know what they're going to eventually do with those persona names since they are tied to our accounts and there's no visible way to change them. If we made them look anything like our real name and they end up being posted on public sites, a lot of people will be very upset. They should have explained what makes a good persona name and how/when it's going to be used.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got this email from support regarding the 9 acct limit...

• Hello xxxx,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Your issue has been forwarded to our Escalation Team for resolution. I do apologize for the issues you have been experiencing with Ultima Online.

It does appear that there may be a limit to the accounts you can link. I have sent this information over to Mythic to verify and once I get more information I will let you know.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts game in the future, please visit our web site and review our extensive Self Help Knowledge base (Support Home Page).

Your reference number is xxxxxxx

:thumbup:

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well thanks for all the help guys..I finally got most of it done! I do have accounts set up under (at least) 2 email logins (Ea Account name). Tina you mentioned something about being banned if you have more than one on EA account tied to a credit card.

Since I cannot undo one of the accounts, should I just leave the billing information off the other EA account for now???

As far as I can tell, I have 3 of those persona ids now and on the ones that show up on my account list, it looks like you can access the contact information and change password. Now I wonder what information and password gets changed!! I am not brave enough to try *laughs*

Anyway my head hurts now..thanks again ..you guys are the best!

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to know what they're going to eventually do with those persona names since they are tied to our accounts and there's no visible way to change them. If we made them look anything like our real name and they end up being posted on public sites, a lot of people will be very upset. They should have explained what makes a good persona name and how/when it's going to be used.
The main personna name on my EA account is one I would have chosen and probably did choose it. It may be that it was used as a forum name at one point for one of the EA games-- maybe Warhammer or The Sims 3. I just don't remember-- because I don't think I ever posted on forums for either one of those games.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well thanks for all the help guys..I finally got most of it done! I do have accounts set up under (at least) 2 email logins (Ea Account name). Tina you mentioned something about being banned if you have more than one on EA account tied to a credit card.

Since I cannot undo one of the accounts, should I just leave the billing information off the other EA account for now???

As far as I can tell, I have 3 of those persona ids now and on the ones that show up on my account list, it looks like you can access the contact information and change password. Now I wonder what information and password gets changed!! I am not brave enough to try *laughs*

Anyway my head hurts now..thanks again ..you guys are the best!
I'm inclined to say just sit tight for the moment and not do anything else if you can stand the uncertainty, Miri.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got another update from support. We are getting closer to a resolution on the 9 acct limit.

• Your issue has been forwarded to our Escalation Team for resolution. I do apologize for the issues you have been experiencing with Ultima Online. This seems to be an issue with our account management interface.

I have noted your information and will be sending it to the team for investigation. Please be patient while they look into this for you. If they have further questions or if they have information I will get back to you with it.

:party:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got another update from support. We are getting closer to a resolution on the 9 acct limit.

• Your issue has been forwarded to our Escalation Team for resolution. I do apologize for the issues you have been experiencing with Ultima Online. This seems to be an issue with our account management interface.

I have noted your information and will be sending it to the team for investigation. Please be patient while they look into this for you. If they have further questions or if they have information I will get back to you with it.

:party:
Yeah, a Tier 3 CS person contacted me today too via the support website and wanted all the account names I was trying to link so they could do some testing. Sounds like someone is trying to work on it.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspect the problem isn't with the account management interface, but with the account management database... like it only holds so many entries.

Mesphito

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone else had issues with account age? I had read that this disabled, but it appears I have lost half the account age on all 3 of my accounts. a 120 aged account is now around 50, a 50 month account is at 21 and a 70 some odd aged account is at 36. Anyone else experienced this? I just noticed it today. I have yet to call support because I was wondering if this is another issue with the migration that will be fixed?

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I can tell, I have 3 of those persona ids now and on the ones that show up on my account list, it looks like you can access the contact information and change password. Now I wonder what information and password gets changed!!
That would be the info & password for the EA Account. The tab is clickable no matter which linked account or personna you have selected in the drop down list. Clicking that tab takes you to a webpage that says:

• Change EA Account Password
    This page allows you to change the password for your EA account.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH MY GOD, after reading most of the posts here, I found few problem that I will need to check:-

1. I will need to make sure whether that account they say NO BILLING info, will be affected or not tonight (i am gonna try and log on later; if fail, then OH WELL, I AM GOING CRAZY)

2. I will need to check all my accounts whether 6th or 7th slot is there or not. IF NOT, or if any characters deleted, I WILL BE VERY MAD ALSO)

3. Now I need a way to figure about how to see my Subscription information, ITS VERY COMPLICATED (maybe I am just too dumb and that my English is very poor to understand the instructions).

Anyways!!! :mad:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a FYI for people unable to log in to game accounts.

Please very carefully check your game account user name against the account being picked up by the new account system.

This especially applies if the user name consisted of two or more words with spaces between.

When it comes to the actual account system, I strongly suggest everyone put everything on hold and not try to update at this time.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a FYI for people unable to log in to game accounts.

Please very carefully check your game account user name against the account being picked up by the new account system.

This especially applies if the user name consisted of two or more words with spaces between.

When it comes to the actual account system, I strongly suggest everyone put everything on hold and not try to update at this time.

I recall reading one post where a player said their username had had Uppercase characters in it but the new system had changed them to Lowercase. Just a possibility.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH MY GOD, after reading most of the posts here, I found few problem that I will need to check:-

1. I will need to make sure whether that account they say NO BILLING info, will be affected or not tonight (i am gonna try and log on later; if fail, then OH WELL, I AM GOING CRAZY)

2. I will need to check all my accounts whether 6th or 7th slot is there or not. IF NOT, or if any characters deleted, I WILL BE VERY MAD ALSO)

3. Now I need a way to figure about how to see my Subscription information, ITS VERY COMPLICATED (maybe I am just too dumb and that my English is very poor to understand the instructions).

Anyways!!! :mad:
I'm pretty sure you won't see any helpful information under the Billing tab, so don't panic when you look under that tab!! It will probably look like this if you have selected any of your UO game accounts in the top center drop down box:

If you want to be set up for automatic payments from your credit or debit card for your UO accounts, what you need to do is select a linked account in the top center drop down box, click on the Subscription tab, and then go through the process of confirming your subscription payment frequency and credit/debit card details.

If the UO account you selected in the drop down box is still active, you'll see something like this when you scroll down towards the bottom of the screen:

Click on the Update Renewal button and you'll end up at a screen where you can select your billing frequency. This will apparently also be the place where you'll add a gametime code if and when that option becomes available again.

After you select your billing frequency and if you selected credit/debit card as your payment method and don't already have any such information on file from another game account under the same EA Accoount, you'll get a screen like the one below to enter the details of the credit card. (When you reach this point in the process of confirming your payment method for another game account under the same EA Account, you get the choice to attach that account to the credit/debit card details used on your previous account, without having to enter all the information again, or to enter the details for another card.)

The next screen lets you confirm the amount and gasp in surprise at the tax amounts. (This system seems to have a much more robust table for tax purposes.)

If you proceed, the final screen for updating your renewal information for this account should look like this one:

If your subscription for a UO account still has time on it, this process won't change your unexpired time or cause your bank account to be billed immediately for that subscription. It should just store credit/debit card details to be used by the system when your time actually does run out.

Do note, though, that when you add a credit/debit card's information, you will probably see a $1 transaction on your bank account the first time you put in the information for a card. However, I think that $1 transaction is just a trial transaction and is quickly backed out so the net effect to your bank account is $0.

If you need to confirm which expansions, boosters, or theme packs were applied to a specific UO account (active or dormant), just click on the Features button while you have that account selected in the center top drop down box. The screen will look like this and you just need to scroll through the list to see which upgrades have been applied to your account.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I linked my accounts just fine but all my accounts now no longer contain any char slot/storage upgrades in the feature list.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I linked my accounts just fine but all my accounts now no longer contain any char slot/storage upgrades in the feature list.
Are you still seeing a 40% or 60% increase in storage under the Storage gump on the house sign, depending on which upgrades you have? And can you access your 7th character, or an empty character slot if no 7th char has been made on a shard?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most of my accounts say 1 month subscription or 6 month subscription, but one says CS UO Subscription, any idea what that is?

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
most of my accounts say 1 month subscription or 6 month subscription, but one says CS UO Subscription, any idea what that is?
That is Customer Service granting time. Same thing on mine. To confirm, if you look at support.ea.com and login to that site, click thru to "my games" under UO you would see "non monetary adjustment 30" or something like that.

-DOM

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Re: Cant Access my account. NEED HELP !!

go to that page..enter the email address associated with your acct, click on forgot password.

THEN you put in your email address and click the send password reset blah blah..check your email.

Click on the link in your email to reset your password.

THEN go back to acct management, enter your email and THAT password you just created to log in.

It will bring you to a *We've noticed you don't have a Master EA Account yet, lets create one for you!*

CLOSE OUT OF THAT you don't have to do that.

Go BACK to Acct management and log in, it will bring you to a page to select persona, secret password hint and secret password, REMEMBER THIS PASSWORD!

Once you're logged in, you *should* get a list of all the UO accounts associated with that email address. In each one, enter the password for that account and click *link*

At the bottom you'll see enter EA Master acct name and password, YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THIS! Just link your accounts, click the *link* button on the bottom and you're done.

THEN at the top right next to were it says Account Management you'll see the user name you selected to log in, and a drop down menu that lists all of your UO accounts.
How anyone ever figured out how to do this on their own is beyond me.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It took alot of trial and error and me screaming on Skype to all the stratics staff going HELP I CAN'T DO THIS!

Figured out alot of it on my own, muddled through it and figured I'd make a guide cus I gave myself a headache tryin to do it!

I have 3 accounts that are active that shouldn't be, no CS UO Subscription listed, nothing is listed actually...waiting until the migration fiasco is complete before inquiring because none of the accts had characters on them and they should have.

I agree it's a mess but we have shouldered through, at least most of us have...and the issues still at hand are being looked into.

Still want to upgrade my guide to reflect others suggestions but waiting to see what happens.

I WANNA PLAY A GARGOYLE ALREADY!!!! :rant2:

*waits ever patiently*

F

Fayled Dhreams

Still want to upgrade my guide to reflect others suggestions but waiting to see what happens.

I WANNA PLAY A GARGOYLE ALREADY!!!! :rant2:

*waits ever patiently*
:scholar:Oo! :scholar:Oo! Write it UP!

One thread, all answers, one posting/sticky
One person adding into it with verified possible work around suggestions ...

these long back and forth and yes/no/maybe threads ... distracting.

Your work? informative and flowing.

one minor request: resize the screen captures so no side scrolling needed?
:thumbsup: perfect ... and searchable.

:bowdown: Blackrock Larisa

*points at Cal* YOU !! give her *Points at Larisa* A free set of subscriptions ...

DO IT !! no excuses (Loaded subs ya ...)

*dusts hands*

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
:scholar:Oo! :scholar:Oo! Write it UP!

One thread, all answers, one posting/sticky
One person adding into it with verified possible work around suggestions ...

these long back and forth and yes/no/maybe threads ... distracting.

Your work? informative and flowing.

one minor request: resize the screen captures so no side scrolling needed?
:thumbsup: perfect ... and searchable.

:bowdown: Blackrock Larisa

*points at Cal* YOU !! give her *Points at Larisa* A free set of subscriptions ...

DO IT !! no excuses (Loaded subs ya ...)

*dusts hands*
Yes dearest Fayled I was planning on re-doing the screenshots too...for me no side-scrolling is necessary but if you have issues...*winks*

I also agree...too many threads on same subject = :wall:

Just awaiting word on the remaining issues at hand

*eyes glow* It shall be done :stir:

S

slackermandan

My 6th character slot is having major problems.

My account is 54 months old, which correctly displays on slots 1-5 and those characters function as they should for 54 months old (ethys, 720 skill cap).

My 6th slot character shows as 11 months old. He can not ride ethys, and his skill cap is 700.

I've called on the phone, and was told that it's a question for in game support. I try to submit a help request, but receive no confirmation saying that I have an open ticket, no queue message, and basically no acknowledgement that I am actually requesting help. For all I know, the help menu doesn't work on that character as well right now and my help request isn't going through. I've posted my own thread here asking, sent Mesanna a message here, and now am responding in this thread as well.

Any ideas on what to do / who to contact?

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 6th character slot is having major problems.

My account is 54 months old, which correctly displays on slots 1-5 and those characters function as they should for 54 months old (ethys, 720 skill cap).

My 6th slot character shows as 11 months old. He can not ride ethys, and his skill cap is 700.

I've called on the phone, and was told that it's a question for in game support. I try to submit a help request, but receive no confirmation saying that I have an open ticket, no queue message, and basically no acknowledgement that I am actually requesting help. For all I know, the help menu doesn't work on that character as well right now and my help request isn't going through. I've posted my own thread here asking, sent Mesanna a message here, and now am responding in this thread as well.

Any ideas on what to do / who to contact?
I would at this point go to Support Home Page and send an online support request. You'll have to log in to the UO acct on that page.. then select Support Tools to get to the online options.

Once your request in in their system you'll be assigned a tracking number, which will be emailed to you. This way your request can be escalated by them without you waiting on the phone or on their support chat system. (It could take several days for them to escalate the issue to the correct person.)

You will also be able to update your questions/info and respond to their input via the support website... under My Stuff.. My Questions.

I have had an open ticket that way since Sunday and they are still working on it.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Latest update for me. So I had already linked my two main accounts which are always active. I have 9 other accounts that are currently active, however, and I created a new email address to link these to, which went fine. They linked no problem, but the accounts I expect to be active right now get an error message when I pull them up on the drop down menu. I had one account that was scheduled to go inactive during the migration period and I can view that account's info. It seems Customer Service put some gametime on it and I can still play it. I have two inactive accounts that I can look at details on. They don't, however, show an inactive date which would be nice to have, especially if you're trying to maintain houses on those accounts.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found this tip in another thread.. Sable, it might help you issue...

I was entering in xxxx_uo and my password in the lower right inputs and keep getting the error. noone said that is not right.

i went to top left inputs and put in my email and uo ingame password.
that took me to a screen where i can login on the right using the xxxx_uo and ingame password. once i did that i was in and could do stuff.

not sure why noone told me this.

lorddog
Awesome.. another option. I just tested it and you are right. It takes you to the page to create an EA Account. After you fill out the security stuff and agree to the terms, you can then click on Link Accounts and your game account is aavailable to link.

I didn't know one could do that either. It should be helpful to those getting an error on the front page from both the login areas.
This solved the problem with an account I've been tending for years for a friend who stopped playing. I keep hoping she'll come back to UO.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why didn't someone say in the first place that the EA and Mythic accounts systems were separate? I kept logging into the EA website expecting something. It is really silly that you need an EA account to make a Mythic account.

I am running into a similar issue as many other people are in that you can only link a maximum of 9 accounts.

http://i.imgur.com/pSUP6.jpg

Another issue I have discovered is linked accounts don't show their last subscription date information. How am I supposed to know when to turn these accounts back on to prevent the houses from falling?

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Account Linking:

Has anyone heard when we can expect this issue to be resolved?

N

NatalieVain

tried to activate my Stygian Abyss expansion code.

yesterday (and the previous days) it says "invalid code"
now it says "this game code cannot be applied to this account"

hopefully it's an improvement...

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried to activate my Stygian Abyss expansion code.

yesterday (and the previous days) it says "invalid code"
now it says "this game code cannot be applied to this account"

hopefully it's an improvement...
We cannot input codes yet. EA made this announcement days ago via the UO Herald. Do not try to apply codes in the new Account Management system.

Luna [MoD]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Warning: Don't Update Too Many Accounts At Once

at first sorry for my bad english.
I have the same problem with my EA Master account.
I was thinking about i have to make for each Mail adress a new Account.
After creating the second EA Master account i got the same message after adding the other accs (banning ip).
When i try to login after the message i get only the:
Error
There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.

I cant Phone the number because i can only speak a little bit school english and i understand nearly nothing when it is spoken.
My provider change only all 2 or 3 Weeks my IP and my ip is now banned.
I hope they banned only the IP and not my EA Master Accounts.
I have been reading some postings above me that all EA accs where deleted when we have more than one EA Master account.
Please tell me that this is a Joke.
When they delete or block one of my Game account or when i cant login in my EA master acc without phone to the end of the world then i close my 5 accs and say goodbye after 12 Years.
The new acc system is the biggest nonsense i ever saw in 12,x Years UO (sorry to say this).

Luna
Some Days later and the problem is still there.
I tried the EA Chat because i heared that people had luck with this.
I talked with the first guy and explained what my problem is and he redirectet me in the same chat to a second lvl tier.
He understand my problem that i wish to unban my IP and to unlink my linked accounts from the 2 EA Master accounts and put my 5 active Play accounts to the first EA Master account.
He told me that he send it to EA Mythic per Mail and that they contact me.
This was wednesday and i never heard anything again about this.
I cant understand where the problem is to unlink my linked accounts , unban my IP and add my 5 Main accounts to one Master Account.
Everytime when i try to login in one of my EA Master accounts on the https://accounts.eamythic.com/ website i get this message:
Error
There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.

This is the biggest crap i ever saw in over 12 Years UO and it looks like a neverending story.

Luna

D

DeadRed

One of the worst parts of this besides the extensive downtime is not being informed at least every 2 days on a possible ETA on a fix.Today is day 7. I have never seen such negligence on the part of any company towards their clients(paying CLIENTS). Personally , I do not think its too much to ask.

Calling in is a waste, reps are putting people on mute so they drop calls. Most are giggling and say I don't know.

Information is worth its weight in gold in a situation like this. After 7 days, being giving free gametime is not enough. Turn all accounts back on till the situation is resolved, then give us 24 horus notice to resolve billing.

W

Woodsman

Account Linking:

Has anyone heard when we can expect this issue to be resolved?
There are people having account linking/unlinking or management problems on Star Wars and I've seen people with problems on Warhammer and Camelot. Because Star Wars and other games are having similar problems, that probably means some things will get fixed a lot faster than if it were just UO or the other two MMOs.

This whole 9 account thing is incredibly ******** now that we know that Star Wars and Battlefield 3 are going the Origin.com account route, especially since EA is pulling their games off of Steam and moving them to Origin.com. A whole lotta people outside of UO will be running into 9 account issues.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Product Code - Account Migration Issues

I was going to send a question via the support site regarding the old UO Account Transfer Program and discovered there is such a thing as a Product Code and a Screen Name (aka what we have been calling a personna?). I'n not sure if this page has been updated to show these 2 things or if it was always there. Anyone know? It seems new because I was stumped about the Product Code.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot! I just got this answer via email, about the 9 account limit!

Hello xxx,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Yes there are many people having this same issue and it does deal with our database. Our team does know about this and at the moment they state to just create another EA account and continue to link your accounts this way. They are looking for a more permanent solution to this and will keep everyone updated.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts game in the future, please visit our web site and review our extensive Self Help Knowledge base (Support Home Page). Your reference number is 110814-013761

Best Regards,
xxxxxx..
Electronic Arts Senior Support Specialist.

I'll screen shot if anyone needs that to feel more safe.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, after many phone calls and lots of hair pulling, I finally got all my accounts set up and linked. I re-entered all my billing information and even saw the $1.00 test withdrawal show up in my bank account; however, today I got an email for two of my accounts that says the following:

"Bioware Mythic
End of Subscription Notification
Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account XXXXXXX_uo has ended for the following reason:

No billing information on file"

I went back and checked all my billing information and everything is correct.

Has anyone else had this problem? I guess I will be spending another hour or so on the phone again!

Gerrrrrrr...........

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, after many phone calls and lots of hair pulling, I finally got all my accounts set up and linked. I re-entered all my billing information and even saw the $1.00 test withdrawal show up in my bank account; however, today I got an email for two of my accounts that says the following:

"Bioware Mythic
Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account XXXXXXX_uo has ended for the following reason:

Has anyone else had this problem? I guess I will be spending another hour or so on the phone again!

Gerrrrrrr...........
I remember someone posting that the above email gets sent out in error. Can't remember who said it or when. Hopefully, someone who knows for sure will speak up because I also thought they had fixed that error. :/

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"Bioware Mythic

Gerrrrrrr...........
Yes, I've had that on all my accounts that have come up for credit card charging time so far.

What is going on is that the "carried over" credit card information is ending, and then it switches to the "new" subscription you've entered - even though both are on the same credit card.

I dread to think how much money EA are going to lose from those whose subscriptions don't automatically renew because of this!

N

NatalieVain

still no go on expansion code. now message is back to "invalid code" :(