• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Migration Issues

S

swami

Trying to link account (only have 1). I played UO for seven years or so and I quit playing back in 2004 and wanted to start up again. Called and got my password reset (I didn't remember it). Created the EA Master Account just fine and made it to the link account page. Account is there but when I put in password it says "Invalid Account Name or Password". I have been trying a couple times a day since my password was reset on Friday. Is there something else I need to do?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remeber that EA account password and UO account password are not the same (Or atleast should not be!)

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now, a really helpful thing would be a posting in an updated version on the UOHerald website (and please - not in the 2nd post, but in the 1st post on the page) with the information about

• when the migration will be complete (not an exact date, but an approx. timeframe so people don't have to panic about changing their account informations asap)
  • clearly stating if there is really additional taxes on the reactivation on (newly created?) accounts
  • clearly stating (again) if we should/could at all change our account informations or not
  • and simply perfect would be an additional guide how to do all the EA account creation and linking, adding gametime and other codes etc.
I didn't dare to create a new EA account yet to link my UO accounts to, and I hope all this chaos will calm down when the migration is complete.
Please add this to the list...
  • Is there is a limit on how many accounts can be linked to one master EA account? The account limit seems to be 9 total accounts (whether it be UO, Warhammer, or other game accounts). Please advise us what to do once the account limit is reached... or abolish the limit.
  • How do we unlink an account?

S

swami

Trying to link account (only have 1). I played UO for seven years or so and I quit playing back in 2004 and wanted to start up again. Called and got my password reset (I didn't remember it). Created the EA Master Account just fine and made it to the link account page. Account is there but when I put in password it says "Invalid Account Name or Password". I have been trying a couple times a day since my password was reset on Friday. Is there something else I need to do?

I am sure I am using the UO password which was reset when I called the help line.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this as well. Took a couple minutes to realize that 10 accounts linked, the other 6 did not.

It seems that someone mentioned something about EA limiting the linked accounts to 10. Not sure this is the problem, but I suspect that it is.
You got 10 accounts to link? A lot of other folks (me included) could only get 9 to link. Maybe there's been some progress....
My mistake. I just checked again. One of my accounts was listed twice. Once as *******_UO and one just as ******

I'm not sure why this difference. I've never played any other EA online games, but it appears that I too only have 9 accounts listed. Guess I have 15 accounts left, not 16 LoL. Not all are open, but looks like perhaps too many are ;)

D

Deb

Please add this to the list...
  • Is there is a limit on how many accounts can be linked to one master EA account? The account limit seems to be 9 total accounts (whether it be UO, Warhammer, or other game accounts). Please advise us what to do once the account limit is reached... or abolish the limit.
Please also add the "6th Char slot issue"

LittleSkyWalker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uo account should read as xxxxxx_uo (whereby xxxxxx is your previous login name)
Hope it help

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well, after a whole lot of frustration, I finally managed to link my accounts and received a "success" after each linked account. Problem now is changing the billing method, as there does not appear to be an option for recurring/credit card payment, which is how I have paid for many years...

I have read many posts on here and followed the example to click the "set description button" then refresh page to see the options to cancel subscription or update renewal/view edit payment option as described but when I attempt this, nothing happens...am I still doing something wrong?..

It also reads my subscription ends on September 1/11, will I not be able to log in after this time if I cant figure this out !!!!!:eyes:

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, after a whole lot of frustration, I finally managed to link my accounts and received a "success" after each linked account. Problem now is changing the billing method, as there does not appear to be an option for recurring/credit card payment, which is how I have paid for many years...

I have read many posts on here and followed the example to click the "set description button" then refresh page to see the options to cancel subscription or update renewal/view edit payment option as described but when I attempt this, nothing happens...am I still doing something wrong?..

It also reads my subscription ends on September 1/11, will I not be able to log in after this time if I cant figure this out !!!!!:eyes:
I get this too, have done from the start, and my subscription ends today.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another problem is I have linked accounts but when you hit the subscriptions page I get
" Error There was an error processing your request Return to the homepage."

By talking with EA today it is only 9 accounts so you will have to create more emails to link more than 9 accounts... I had him remove one of my closed ones to put on my active one and will just leave the rest not linked.. Suggestion link your active ones first...........

But if you get frustrated with waiting play this in background

stress relief - YouTube

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another problem is I have linked accounts but when you hit the subscriptions page I get
Just for curiosity - is the account that gets that error currently active through using a gametime code?

I can link accounts, the ones closed that was never paid for ( a trial one back in 2000) and the one that I stopped paying for gametime for years ago all seem the have complete data, but the one I've linked that is currently open though gametime gets that error message.

I've a suspicion the system doesn't understand gametime codes yet ... but with the total lack of information from EA it's just a guess...

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for curiosity - is the account that gets that error currently active through using a gametime code?

I can link accounts, the ones closed that was never paid for ( a trial one back in 2000) and the one that I stopped paying for gametime for years ago all seem the have complete data, but the one I've linked that is currently open though gametime gets that error message.

I've a suspicion the system doesn't understand gametime codes yet ... but with the total lack of information from EA it's just a guess...
Mine gets the area and is paid for with a gametime code. And so far, everyone who gets the error seems to be using a gametime code too. But as no one has officially said anything, I don't know if that is the problem or if it is just coincidence.

O

Old Man of UO

ARGGHH! Email for account validation doesn't work in Thunderbird

I just got an email for account email verification - it displays incorrectly in Mozilla Thunderbird (but correct in GMail). Doesn't anyone test these things???

Here is what my verification email looks like:

਀㰀栀攀愀搀㸀ഊ ਀㰀猀琀礀氀攀㸀ഊbody { ਀    昀漀渀琀ⴀ猀椀稀攀㨀  ⸀㠀攀洀㬀ഊ font-family: Century Gothic, Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva, sans-serif; ਀    洀愀爀最椀渀㨀  瀀砀㬀ഊ padding: 0px; ਀紀ഊinput, label, td { ਀    昀漀渀琀ⴀ昀愀洀椀氀礀㨀 䌀攀渀琀甀爀礀 䜀漀琀栀椀挀Ⰰ 吀爀攀戀甀挀栀攀琀 䴀匀Ⰰ 䄀爀椀愀氀Ⰰ 䜀攀渀攀瘀愀Ⰰ 猀愀渀猀ⴀ猀攀爀椀昀㬀ഊ} ਀㰀⼀猀琀礀氀攀㸀ഊ ਀㰀搀椀瘀 挀氀愀猀猀㴀∀栀攀愀搀攀爀∀㸀ഊ
Bioware Mythic

਀㰀⼀搀椀瘀㸀㰀栀㐀㸀䔀洀愀椀氀 嘀愀氀椀搀愀琀椀漀渀㰀⼀栀㐀㸀ഊ

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

By talking with EA today it is only 9 accounts so you will have to create more emails to link more than 9 accounts... I had him remove one of my closed ones to put on my active one and will just leave the rest not linked.. Suggestion link your active ones first...........

But if you get frustrated with waiting play this in background

stress relief - YouTube
I wish someone would make an official announcement indicating this is what we must do if we have more than nine UO/DAOC/WHO accounts. I'm still waiting for someone to contact me via e-mail in response to my conversation yesterday with someone at EA via Live Chat.

If this is what we're going to be told we must do, then some tips on how to connect those other accounts with the new e-mail would be appreciated (I think I kind of know how to do it but am not 100% sure), as well as some information on the consequences of having multiple EA accounts. Are we going to be banned for having them? If in the future we want to transfer UO accounts between EA accounts (say we want to put all our active UO accounts under one EA account and the inactive ones under another account), will we have to pay some fee to reassign UO accounts to different EA accounts when the original allocation of our accounts between multiple EA accounts was not something we wanted or did voluntarily on our own in the first place?

It's already noon on Monday in Virginia and this mess has been fermenting now for a few days and people are running out of game time with no clear way to apply more and there are rumors floating around that IDOCs happen now 30 days (not 90) after your account time runs out. We need information!

L

Lord_Spartacus

My problem:
All, but one, of my accounts have been successfully linked. It's an old one I forgot I had so I'm not really concerned too much there. However, my wife's account somehow got terminated during the migration. I got it successfully linked, added in my prepaid credit card information (Visa, which we have been using for years), click continue and get this error:

Error
There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.

Now we have been paying for all of our accounts since December 1998 ... if this continues much longer, Mythic can just stuff all six accounts. For such a huge corporation I can't believe they could not have prevented so many of these problems that everyone is having!

When can we expect to be able to play again? And what are your plans for compensating everyone?

L

Lord_Spartacus

Totally agree! i think someone should be phoning EA (i would if i lived in USA) and getting real time info!
Calling is totally useless. I tried a few days ago when this all started. After 25 minutes on hold I finally got a very polite REP who could only tell me that they know of all the problems and are working hard to fix them. Wait 48-72 hours and if the problem is not corrected, please call back to be told to wait 48-72 hours again ... yada yada yada

S

swami

uo account should read as xxxxxx_uo (whereby xxxxxx is your previous login name)
Hope it help
It actually reads xxxxxx_uo- on the link accounts screen. I tried to enter it in the Mythic Master Account Name thing below the linked account panel as xxxxxx and xxxxxx_uo but it still says "Invalid Account Name or Password". Guess I will try calling the help number again.

M

molinaro

If this is what we're going to be told we must do, then some tips on how to connect those other accounts with the new e-mail would be appreciated (I think I kind of know how to do it but am not 100% sure), as well as some information on the consequences of having multiple EA accounts. Are we going to be banned for having them?
That's the big issue right there that amazes me they have not yet said anything about.

You can only link 9 accounts per EA main account.
If you create more than one EA main account you will be IP banned from the account management page.

The people who created this system seemed to have done so while remaining completely blind to who they have as customers and just how many accounts some of them have.

It's a disgrace the way they've handled this change.

bsluspo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the japanese website there are two articles that could be interesting

ultimaonline.jp/news.phtml?id=90557
ultimaonline.jp/news.phtml?id=90534

if someone knows japanese language

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I got out of reading poor translations of those two pages and a guide for logging into the account management site was:

(1) You must take the step of updating your credit card information for linked accounts if that is your preferred payment method and even if it looks like your account is set up to pay by credit card. If you don't confirm the credit card info, your credit card will not be automatically billed at the next renewal time.

(2) For some people who have input valid credit card information, for some reason the accounting system is treating the information as invalid and blocking access to the account.

(3) You can't put in gametime codes and please don't even try at this point.

(4) If you can't get your UO account linked to an EA account and it had credit card info on it under the old system, that credit card information has been saved and your credit/debit card will automatically be billed at the next renewal time.

Anyone else getting the same sense of things after reading poor translations of these pages?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When is EA going to tell us what we are supposed to be doing? I thought "hey it is the weekend, surely they will have something up early Monday". But here we are and the day is almost over with no information about how to login to account management. I don't want to read 400+ posts just to enter a user name and password.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might be logically impaired but number (1) and (4) are contradicting each other?
Not really. They probably expected some people would take their time (or have trouble with) doing the linking process and it was a stop-gap measure to keep those game accounts that haven't yet been linked to an EA Account from not renewing their cc/debit payment. People could be on vacation right now or out of the country (e.g., on military duty). If this is really what they are doing to accommodate those kinds of delays with setting up EA accounts and linking game accounts to them, I would think that at some point they will stop automatically billing those accounts and force people to link them to EA Accounts.

N

NorCal Uo Dealer

so i linked my accounts.. now i cant figure out how the hell to change or even see the individual accounts to change info/cc.. please help

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so i linked my accounts.. now i cant figure out how the hell to change or even see the individual accounts to change info/cc.. please help
Read the first post in the thread started by Larissa, it starts with {GUIDE} in the title.

I believe the third screenshot contains the answer to your question.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My problem:
I got it successfully linked, added in my prepaid credit card information (Visa, which we have been using for years), click continue and get this error:

Error
There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage.
The same for one of the accounts I am paying for. It belonged to an US player, who stopped playing and allowed me to use this account - now since several years. I assume I left the original address information in, but paid with my old Credit card, which recently expired. Since I had no time for playing in early summer, I left the account off until the house would be due for refresh, which is now soon. Returning from vacation, I could not access the account any more due to the migration process started one day earlier, and now it is linked and allows me to select the new credit card, but then fails.
What I assume is that they brought in the same anti credit card measurements like in uogamecodes so called store, which seems to make it impossible for me to pay with a credit card registered in Germany, even if it was working well in the old account system.

TBH, I am nearly saturated by this customer hostile behavior and since I play the game less and less, I may consider to finally close 5 out of 6 accounts soon, if this cannot be solved. And no way, that I pay the moonshine subscription prices in Euro.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Godiva_Drach

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
TBH, I am nearly saturated by this customer hostile behavior and since I play the game less and less, I may consider to finally close 5 out of 6 accounts soon, if this cannot be solved. And no way, that I pay the moonshine subscription prices in Euro.

*Salute*
Olahorand
Agree - highwaymen at x-roads comes to mind

But the problem might solve itself, so many fellow players that got offered 20 accounts and more to link and happily complied only to find out that the important ones are outside the 9 linked accounts rule and have been banned now completely for setting up a second ea account. Sorry but in all the 12 years I have played this game this is yet the biggest rubbish I have seen. Fiddling around with account management without proper testing can kill any game.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
On the japanese website there are two articles that could be interesting

ultimaonline.jp/news.phtml?id=90557
ultimaonline.jp/news.phtml?id=90534

if someone knows japanese language
Try downloading Google Chrome, you can have it translate to english for you. It is how I poke around the .jp myuo site.

-DOM

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seriously do not have the time to read through, literally, hundreds of posts.

I have my accounts linked and it shows that the one account that I have actice is, indeed, active. (It also shows an account I haven't played in 11-12 years as being active but, since I haven't paid for it in a decade, I don't care.)

My current issue is simple: I can not log into the game with my active account....or any of all of my other accounts, either. I enter the active account name and password on the log-in page and it just locks up. If I lose the rares, etc., that I have been building up for the past 12 years, I and my money will be gone.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first time i've linked all my accounts. Accounts name and password right, in a list of accounta..
It seems all right.
Now i've lost all my accounts, I can't enter my informations and all that i do make a Page with "error".
I've lost all my linked accounts ( 6 with the same mail). I've cancelled cookies, i've tryied again but all my accounts are lost.
I've made like Larisa sayed.
What have i do now?

Charin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can tell you not to call the number they send in the emails.. after several hours conversations with them they are clueless... we are still on the phone with them... its called I dont know let me transfere you.... This is rediculas... they do owe us something now.. this is officially worse than the AOS fiasco. 2 of my accounts are shut down and I just paid them up 10 days ago for 3 months each... Their billing is all screwed up keep having to explain its for ultima online we dont play warhammer online... for gods sake

Charin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also forgot to add the phone number they are sending out in the emails is for in game problems roflmao. Accounts and billing and tech support are different numbers and if you get our problem they will bounce you through them all. They are now setting all our accoutns due YESTERDAY even thought most haf 1 month left and 3 were paid 10 days ago for 3 months... Original problem was only with 2 accounts now its all of them. Thanks EA/UO for this mess.

Charin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ROFLMAO we asked for a supervisor.. the guy told us no and hung up on us... How do we get help with this.. its rediculos

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Charin, i'm italian and i don't understand spoken english.
And i think that an intercontinental call is very expensive :(

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have been keeping track of the biggest issues and forwarding them on in a more condensed nature to hopefully make updating us a bit easier.

We also completely understand how frustrating the past few days have been and appreciate how everyone has been handling it for the most part.

Thank you everyone for hanging in there with us. I hope we all hear something soon :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is pure speculation, but I'm wondering if people who previously used the gametime cards and who don't have a regular credit card or bank debit card may have run into problems trying to use something like a prepaid debit or credit card (not sure I'm using the right term) such as the ones from Netspend after finding out they couldn't input gametime card codes.

If the new account management system doesn't recognize something like a prepaid credit/debit card as a valid method for paying for a subscription, maybe that is what is locking up some accounts. Perhaps the system flags those accounts for potential credit card fraud and you have to contact EA to get the problem fixed.

I honestly don't know what to think any more and I'm astounded that there's been absolutely no formal mass communication from EA in English to acknowledge any problems. The Japanese team has posted some announcements but there's been nothing from the EA folks in the US.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Total pain in the buttocks, but I managed to work around it.

Preparation fail.
Pushed through before working adequately.
Non-intuitive, vastly over complex web pages.
Supreme customer service fail.

Yep, definitely all the hallmarks of EA.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to post that I received an e-mail message late this afternoon from a Tier 3 support person as a followup to my Live Chat discussion yesterday. Didn't resolve anything and just asked for what error message I was getting after the link didn't work successfully. Sent back as much information as I could dig up, including a link to a screenshot I posted previously. Here's hoping there's some progress tomorrow....

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to post that I received an e-mail message late this afternoon from a Tier 3 support person as a followup to my Live Chat discussion yesterday. Didn't resolve anything and just asked for what error message I was getting after the link didn't work successfully. Sent back as much information as I could dig up, including a link to a screenshot I posted previously. Here's hoping there's some progress tomorrow....
I also received a followup email today after spending time in chat yesterday regarding the more than 9 UO accounts issue. The followup email resolved nothing and was sent to me by a Pogo rep (per his name). He said due to the complex problem he was escalating my issue to the next level. So, now I am at level 4. I suspect I'll hear from a Warhammer rep next time. :rant2:

So... after talking with a friend about what he did with his accounts, I thought, the heck with them... I'll fix it myself. I went ahead and created a new email address for my remaining accounts that would not link. I logged the first unlinked account in under the Mythic Master Account login. I associated the account with the new email address. Then I entered the remaining accounts on the link accounts screen to associate them all with the first account (with the new email address). It worked. They all linked just fine to the new email address.

If I had had more accounts to link and hit the 9 acct limit again, I would have set up yet another email address and done the same process over again.

Done deal! :thumbup1:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also received a followup email today after spending time in chat yesterday regarding the more than 9 UO accounts issue. The followup email resolved nothing and was sent to me by a Pogo rep (per his name). He said due to the complex problem he was escalating my issue to the next level. So, now I am at level 4. I suspect I'll hear from a Warhammer rep next time. :rant2:

So... after talking with a friend about what he did with his accounts, I thought, the heck with them... I'll fix it myself. I went ahead and created a new email address for my remaining accounts that would not link. I logged the first unlinked account in under the Mythic Master Account login. I associated the account with the new email address. Then I entered the remaining accounts on the link accounts screen to associate them all with the first account (with the new email address). It worked. They all linked just fine to the new email address.

If I had had more accounts to link and hit the 9 acct limit again, I would have set up yet another email address and done the same process over again.

Done deal! :thumbup1:
I suspect that is what I will end up doing but I am reluctant to do so for a couple of reasons: (1) The Terms of Service seems to say you're not supposed to have more than one EA Account; and (2) some people have said they ended up being IP banned when they accessed the Account Management site on EA Accounts after the first one. I asked about both these issues in the response I sent to the e-mail I received this afternoon, so I'm anxious to see if those questions end up being addressed.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspect that is what I will end up doing but I am reluctant to do so for a couple of reasons: (1) The Terms of Service seems to say you're not supposed to have more than one EA Account; and (2) some people have said they ended up being IP banned when they accessed the Account Management site on EA Accounts after the first one. I asked about both these issues in the response I sent to the e-mail I received this afternoon, so I'm anxious to see if those questions end up being addressed.
Tina, I didn't set up a second EA master account to do the above. I did not touch the top area (ie- set up EA Account with the new email). It's not necessary. Just use the Mythic Master Account login area.

Login once to Mythic Master Account with an unlinked account. Once you have that associated with a new email.. link up to 8 more unlinked accounts to that one.

If they want to ban me for fixing their problem.. they lose 14 accounts. Like I said in a previous post, EA needs some serious reconstruction of their Customer Support system and a good IT-focused Instructional Designer. An Instruction Designer, alone, could have kept these problems from happening. I know, I am one. ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, I didn't set up a second EA master account to do the above. I did not touch the top area (ie- set up EA Account with the new email). It's not necessary. Just use the Mythic Master Account login area.

Login once to Mythic Master Account with an unlinked account. Once you have that associated with a new email.. link up to 8 more unlinked accounts to that one.

If they want to ban me for fixing their problem.. they lose 14 accounts. Like I said in a previous post, EA needs some serious reconstruction of their Customer Support system and a good IT-focused Instructional Designer. An Instruction Designer, alone, could have kept these problems from happening. I know, I am one. ;)
Bahama Mama, I bolded and italicized part of what you said. Didn't you actually create a new EA Master Account when you associated those nine accounts with a new e-mail address? Do you actually get to see the account details for those nine accounts and work with them by logging in with the same e-mail address and password you used for your first nine accounts? If yes, what's showing up under the Contact Information tab for these 18 accounts? I'm thoroughly confused now.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bahama Mama, I bolded and italicized part of what you said. Didn't you actually create a new EA Master Account when you associated those nine accounts with a new e-mail address?
I did not create a new EA Account. If one was created as a result of logging into the Mythic Master Account and liniking accounts, then that was done on EA's end (software) and was not my intention.

Do you actually get to see the account details for those nine accounts and work with them by logging in with the same e-mail address and password you used for your first nine accounts?
No. I can only see & manage what is on an account per its email address. In the new set, I can see and manage the accounts I linked to the new email.

However, note that I do not log in to the second one via the EA Account login using the email. I log in via the Mythic Master Account login using the main UO account name login (+_uo) & its password.

If yes, what's showing up under the Contact Information tab for these 18 accounts? I'm thoroughly confused now.
There is my "official" EA account, that I purposely set up and has the original 9 accts I was able to link. I set this one up using the EA Account creation area.

The second set has the other accounts I could not link due to the limit. It is linked to my new email address. I set it up via Mythic Master Account area and I log into it via the Mythic Master Account login. I probably could login via the EA Account login (via the new email), but I haven't touched that area on purpose.

Make sense?

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is why I did not wait until CS figures things out and then announces it... we were recently told that account ownership is now based on current email address & last billing info. I am not willing to let my accounts float around out in the ether unlinked to an email & billing.

There are MANY accounts that have changed hands over the last decade. Those account login names are known by multiple people (at least 2) even if the account is no longer "owned" by one or more of them. True, they do not know the current password, but that is only a level one protection and is not fool-proof.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not create a new EA Account. If one was created as a result of logging into the Mythic Master Account and liniking accounts, then that was done on EA's end (software) and was not my intention.

No. I can only see & manage what is on an account per its email address. In the new set, I can see and manage the accounts I linked to the new email.

However, note that I do not log in to the second one via the EA Account login using the email. I log in via the Mythic Master Account login using the main UO account name login (+_uo) & its password.

There is my "official" EA account, that I purposely set up and has the original 9 accts I was able to link. I set this one up using the EA Account creation area.

The second set has the other accounts I could not link due to the limit. It is linked to my new email address. I set it up via Mythic Master Account area and I log into it via the Mythic Master Account login. I probably could login via the EA Account login (via the new email), but I haven't touched that area on purpose.

Make sense?
Yeah, it makes sense but I strongly suspect that what you just did was create another EA Account.

When you go to the login page at https://accounts.eamythic.com/ and click on the "What is this?" link next to the field labeled, "EA Account Name," it tells you, "Your EA account name is your email address. An EA account is the account you use to manage all your EA games. This is not your individual game accounts or your Mythic Master account. If you don't have an EA account, please create one using the 'Start' button under 'Need an EA account?' on the home page. Please make sure the email address is kept up-to-date on your account, so you can receive important information from us about your account. Bioware Mythic will not use your email address for any other reason but to contact you about your account. Your email address will be kept private and will not be shared with third parties."

Also, when I do what you suggested, the very next screen I come to has three sections to it and looks like the screen shot below:

If I use the section that says, "Already have an EA account" for the e-mail address that EA suggests might be associated with the UO account that I logged on with as a Mythic Master Account, I always end up at the screen that says "Link Accounts Complete" and "The following accounts could not be linked."

The only other choice on that screen that I can use if I do not want to attempt (futilely at this point) to connect that UO account to my existing EA Account is on the right side of the page under the heading, "Don't have an EA account?" It says right there, under the heading, that what you're doing by using that section is creating a new EA account.

So, after logging in with a UO account as a Mythic Master Account, did you find some way to bypass that whole section that creates another EA account (i.e., putting in an email address, a password, confirming the password, entering a birth date, your country, checking off some options for newsletter and marketing stuff, and checking a box to indicate you read the ToS and privacy policy)? You didn't have to do any of that stuff? I can't seem to avoid that screen if I log in that bottom right section with just my UO information (i.e., with the uo account name appended with "_uo".)

How are you getting around it and not actually creating another EA account? I don't want to set up another EA account at this point and then end up being IP banned for it or completely banned for having multiple EA accounts.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got of the phone with Customer service and was told that there is currently a 9 account limit for linking accounts. I wish this had been stated before I attempted to link my accounts as I have 19 accounts of which 4 are active and played almost daily. Unfortunatly, I typed in the passwords for all 19 accounts and got the "Greeen Success," but only 9 accounts actually linked and one that did not link was one of my active accounts.

I asked if they could remove or unlink one of my currently linked accounts that is not active so I could link an account that is active. I was told that they tried this already and it is not possible, but this feature may be available in the future. They than suggested that I make a new master account with another email address so I could link the other 9 accounts, I informed the customer service rep that the accounts are bound to a specific email--therefore they would not show up on that new master account to be linked. They said they would check with a supervisor. The suppervisor said that they tried this also and it will not work as the accounts are tied to a specific email.....um Ya!

The final word was: I would just have to wait and see what happens and hopefully when they finish tweeking the Account Migration I will be able to access all my accounts.

Other than not being able to fix my linking accounts problem, the customer service rep was quite pleasant, I was not on hold for very long, and he even sent me password reminders for 3 accounts that I could not remember:)

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Make sense?
Yeah, it makes sense but I strongly suspect that what you just did was create another EA Account.

When you go to the login page at https://accounts.eamythic.com/ and click on the "What is this?" link next to the field labeled, "EA Account Name," it tells you, "Your EA account name is your email address. An EA account is the account you use to manage all your EA games. This is not your individual game accounts or your Mythic Master account. If you don't have an EA account, please create one using the 'Start' button under 'Need an EA account?' on the home page. Please make sure the email address is kept up-to-date on your account, so you can receive important information from us about your account. Bioware Mythic will not use your email address for any other reason but to contact you about your account. Your email address will be kept private and will not be shared with third parties."

Also, when I do what you suggested, the very next screen I come to has three sections to it and looks like the screen shot below:

If I use the section that says, "Already have an EA account" for the e-mail address that EA suggests might be associated with the UO account that I logged on with as a Mythic Master Account, I always end up at the screen that says "Link Accounts Complete" and "The following accounts could not be linked."

The only other choice on that screen that I can use if I do not want to attempt (futilely at this point) to connect that UO account to my existing EA Account is on the right side of the page under the heading, "Don't have an EA account?" It says right there, under the heading, that what you're doing by using that section is creating a new EA account.

So, after logging in with a UO account as a Mythic Master Account, did you find some way to bypass that whole section that creates another EA account (i.e., putting in an email address, a password, confirming the password, entering a birth date, your country, checking off some options for newsletter and marketing stuff, and checking a box to indicate you read the ToS and privacy policy)? You didn't have to do any of that stuff? I can't seem to avoid that screen if I log in that bottom right section with just my UO information (i.e., with the uo account name appended with "_uo".)

How are you getting around it and not actually creating another EA account? I don't want to set up another EA account at this point and then end up being IP banned for it or completely banned for having multiple EA accounts.
I used the right side of that page... Don't have an EA Account?. Because I didn't have an EA Account for those unlinked game accounts. Semantics, yes.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know if you are trying to finish this process (like add billing information for the accounts you did manage to link) or fix something you did before (set up accounts that are not linked)..it is nearly impossible to follow all these posts. If you are fortunate enough to be able to follow Larisa's guide perhaps but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I don't know the email address associated with some accounts..had I been given a heads up BEFORE they started I would have ensured that I did know them! I cannot find where I am supposed to enter billing information. I click on SET DESCRIPTION as the guide says and nothing happens.

It is absolutely atrocious and unforgivable that this system was implemented without documentation! If we are jumping the gun and trying to enter things too soon..tell us!
And what the hell is a persona id?? Where does it fit in the mishmash of EA Account, Mythic master account, UO account (that is the only one I understand!). How many id's do I have to create?? GAH!! *tears out hair*