• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Migration Issues

P

Persius

I myself went have been attempting to resubscribe 3 uo accounts in which i have not played since 2003 but they stuck in the undead zone and i blame this (new to me as it is to everyone else) Master account merge.

As of today its been 30 days since i first contacted customer support. After 18 emails , 3 live chat sessions , 9 phone calls (4 in which i was hung up on by the automated phone answering service) i have still yet to have this issue resolved and still wait patiently . My last instruction was to await for my issue to be escalated to tier 3 agents and them emailing me with instuctions, and as of tomorrow thats been a week ago.

I can log into mythics warhammer site , under acount management there and access all 3 missing UO accounts because it sends me to an old EA website and there they all are , all 3 accounts with UO games on them , says in the top right corner "unsubscribed" uhhh ? duh ?

On the new EA/Mythic master account linking page these accounts are not listed even though they are in fact and confirmed to be attatched to the same email i have had for 14 years. All it shows is my old DAOC and Warhammer accounts and an old free trial UO account i never put any past time in in which i activated thinking it was one of my 3 main UO accounts. If it wasnt for me doing that and my sister hounding me to keep playing , i would have certainly facepalmed this new merge thing and made a uturn moving away from EA and not bother myself with this for a few months untill they figure out whats bugging this thing and fix it.

bsluspo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can log into mythics warhammer site , under acount management there and access all 3 missing UO accounts because it sends me to an old EA website and there they all are , all 3 accounts with UO games on them , says in the top right corner "unsubscribed" uhhh ? duh ?
This is strange. Could you post a picture? (hide accounts names and emails)

On the new EA/Mythic master account linking page these accounts are not listed even though they are in fact and confirmed to be attatched to the same email i have had for 14 years. All it shows is my old DAOC and Warhammer accounts and an old free trial UO account i never put any past time in in which i activated thinking it was one of my 3 main UO accounts. If it wasnt for me doing that and my sister hounding me to keep playing , i would have certainly facepalmed this new merge thing and made a uturn moving away from EA and not bother myself with this for a few months untill they figure out whats bugging this thing and fix it.
When you are logged in at https://accounts.eamythic.com/ try to do the following:
1) go into the "link accounts" tab
2) next to "Mythic Master Account Name" write the username of your uo account (the one you use with the client to play) and append _uo at the end ( john -> john_uo )
3) next to "Password" write the password of the uo account (the one you use with the client)
4) click on the "link" button
5) if there is no error click on the "continue" button

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am trying to change the credit card on my accounts. I go to the select subscription type, and then to my saved accounts. I click the one I want to change it to and save and I get an error. Kelmo and I have managed to get our collective accounts down under a dozen, but we still need control over which account they are linked to.

P

Persius

This is strange. Could you post a picture? (hide accounts names and emails)
Will not allow me to do so. Disappeared.....

When you are logged in at https://accounts.eamythic.com/ try to do the following:
1) go into the "link accounts" tab
2) next to "Mythic Master Account Name" write the username of your uo account (the one you use with the client to play) and append _uo at the end ( john -> john_uo )
3) next to "Password" write the password of the uo account (the one you use with the client)
4) click on the "link" button
5) if there is no error click on the "continue" button
This is the most basic information and one of the very first things i attempted , many many times just to clearify to myself to make sure i typed everything in correctly.

Update on my accounts. Their final word is , my accounts were inactive for far too long , and the EA/Mythic migration put the nail in the coffin so to speak that it erased all my accounts data and all they had left was the account names and pw's stored.
They did make it up to me by offering me many rewards from DLC's promotional codes etc etc , i took them up on their offer of two soulstones , and a seventh character slot with extra storage though the character slot and storage code did not work , final outcome , i got 3 soulstones , 30 days gametime and 20% discount on any future purchases from the ea store.
After 34 days and countless phonecalls and emails and live chat sessions I was so angry after going through that political process just to get something done about my acounts in a timely fasion i just gave up on them and been playing the account i accidently activated because of my MIA 3 main UO accounts .
Now ,i am having a blast , these soulstones are great. The best i have witnessed from being gone from the game so long is the unbelieveable improvments to the melee character classes , i am loving it and have not had the interest in playing my bard that years ago i loved and did so well.
May my main 3 UO accounts and my old Bard "White Dove" of Lake Superior R.I.P.

Thankyou and salute EA/Mythic

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Wow... I have been away from UO and Stratics for several months and was shocked to receive an email saying my subscription had expired, since I always had it set to automatically renew. I called Mythic, though, and they were very helpful, walking me through everything, so I'm good to go. I must say, though, that I liked our old account management system so much better!

B

BeefSupreme

Wow... I have been away from UO and Stratics for several months and was shocked to receive an email saying my subscription had expired, since I always had it set to automatically renew. I called Mythic, though, and they were very helpful, walking me through everything, so I'm good to go. I must say, though, that I liked our old account management system so much better!
What number was it that you called? My credit card expired and of course shut down my oldest account. Tried to submit new credit card(s) and it just gives me an error page. I ended up calling the support number listed there and of course, the person really didn't know what to do to fix it. He did try, and asked around and found 'someone' who new a little about UO, but their answer was the web accounts were messed up and there wasn't anything they could do. They suggested I give it a try online each day and according to them, may be a couple weeks before its fixed. Meanwhile, my second account which is also linked, updated with a new credit card number just fine.
I have no idea what to do. :(

P

Persius

After all the bologna i went through, the two phone numbers i got ping ponged back and forth are (both toll free)....

Outside America 1-650-628-1001
America 1-866-543-5435

And when the automated service directs you to a selection of dept #'s choose Origin

T

trjohn0

Re: Cant Access my account. NEED HELP !!

HELP...If anyone knows anything about this please answer, it is like pulling teeth talking to EA support...after 10 calls and hours on the phone,plus and 20 emails... they said they are unable to help me....they told me I probably will have to give up my account,because they can't fix it...this is my main account that I have had for 11 years, untill 2 weeks ago they sent me a email stating my credit card was decline(I know it was not, been paying with this forever,..The bottom line is,I can't get into my game,and I can't link my master account to update to get into the game...this is the error message I get.......>>>>>>>

Link Accounts Complete
The following accounts could not be linked:
a.. XXXXXXX_uo

No direction on where to go from there......and advise will help...thx

T

trjohn0

HELP...If anyone knows anything about this please answer, it is like pulling teeth talking to EA support...after 10 calls and hours on the phone,plus and 20 emails... they said they are unable to help me....they told me I probably will have to give up my account,because they can't fix it...this is my main account that I have had for 11 years, untill 2 weeks ago they sent me a email stating my credit card was decline(I know it was not, been paying with this forever,..The bottom line is,I can't get into my game,and I can't link my master account to update to get into the game...this is the error message I get.......>>>>>>>

Link Accounts Complete
The following accounts could not be linked:
a.. XXXXXXX_uo

No direction on where to go from there......and advise will help...thx

Has anybody else had to cancel their account

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should not have to cancel any accounts trjohn0.

The credit card decline is a known issue they are working on. Don't give up and account issues CAN be fixed. 11 yrs is a long time to invest.

Sending you a PM....

K

Kaalm

I came back to the game a month ago and started a new account because I could not remember my old log in. I remembered it tonight, linked it, resubscribed, but now when I go to log in, I get the "Unable to verify login" error. :( How long does it take? My account page shows an active subscription and my page looks like my new accounts, I just can't log in. Any ideas? :confused:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have been able to log in straight away :( Unless it's something like an incorrectly typed password, caps lock on, or an incorrect user name (space at the end maybe?) I don't think we can help. I think someone reported a problem with usernames that have a space in them, ie two word user names. The accounts program removed the space.

If none of those apply maybe this will help:
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/255132-[uo-herald]-billing-support-your-service.html

K

Kaalm

Thank you, Petra. I emailed them just now. It seems I have forgotten the password to the actual game account. :) I will also try to call. I appreciate your time!

K

Kaalm

Due to my goldfish memory I forgot it after I linked the account. :( I forgot what I had for dinner, as well. But... it will either come to me again or I will call! Haha! :mf_prop:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:D ours are written down and taped to the inside of Terry's desk drawer.

K

Knights Tavern

Wow you all are brave, I gave up trying to get my UO game passwords way faster.

Couldn't remember any so I attempted to reset them before linking the UO accounts to EA's since you need some. They helped me link the accounts but not logging into the game. It looks that I got new UO accounts passwords for the EA site, not the game.
Confusing? Come on.
Then of course you cannot reset anything once your accounts are linked, but what to do with a new EA password? Right.

So I sent an email requesting them and got everything from DAoC support (?) explained to reset my EA account password which I don't need since the accounts are already all linked to it.

So I entered the live chat and was told to call the dreaded CS number. Got through 4x15 minutes of boring waiting music, having no clue which number to press since there is no UO at all in the game lists. The 5th call the rep guy sounded like he never heard the two words "Ultima Online" together, and after 20 minutes of explanations he eventually gave me a temporary EA password. I insisted and explained it's not that password I need but the game accounts ones, but he kept telling me it's the way to do. Wow. Needless to say it wasn't working to log in the game.

Went back to live chat and got another number to call. But it was the same service. After 10 minutes of the same music I just gave up, really didn't want to go over the whole explanations again. Sounds like they have no clue of what you ask and what to do.

After litterally hours of brainstorming I could find one password out of my 4 accounts. And as said, it was not the new one I created using the accounts.eamythic.com password reset link. It was my former, 11 years old UO account password. I know, but I'm glad I didn't change it yet :p
Logged in to have a look around and found it all empty. Empty cities, empty vendors...
With so many people at the fence trying to get their accounts infos, or just the whole thing working, or those who gave up during the process, I'm not surprised. :p

Hours wasted, no results, an online service worth the 90s, maybe with even less efficiency, a registration process you need a tutorial for, confusing infos, not to mention this phone support thing being a nightmare for non "english native speakers".

Like it was already posted, with EA, everything is a challenge. Guess I will remain out with good UO memories, getting too old for that mess :p

CALGACUS04

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi All,

I too am having problems with one of my UO accounts.

I've been subscribing for about ten years now, and recently managed to link my two UO accounts to the master account.

Then I got an email from [email protected]:

End of Subscription Notification
Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account xxxxxxxxxx has ended for the following reason:

Subscription is not set to renew

(Both accounts have been automatically renewing for over eight years now).

On logging in to the Bioware Mythic accounts site, one of my accounts is shown as 'active' and the other as 'Closed'.

I've tried to reactivate the 'Closed' account (using the same card info that's used for the open account, and which I've always used for both), but when I get to the point of actually paying I get the message:

Error

There was an error processing your request

Return to the homepage

I've tried e-mailing their support team, and got a completely useless response that:

"Due to the sensitive nature of your request, you will need to contact our phone support team at 1-650-628-1001."

So, I've tried phoning the number above five times: twice the call was cut off half way through, the other three times the operators on the other end couldn't reactivate my account either (two of them recommended that I e-mail the support team - which only got me another two copies of the above response).

One of the operators apologised profusely and gave me a promotion code for a percentage off my next purchase from their store (hmmm - the only thing that I would have wanted is a High Seas expansion, and my fisherman is on the account that they've closed - I think that I detect irony).

I'm no further forward, and am fed up of spending hours on the telephone explaining over and over again to different operators what the problem is, only to be told that there is nothing they can do about it.

I've tried logging in to the 'Closed' UO account, and all I get is a load of text and 'links' listing what may be the problem with my account and what to do to fix it - i.e. precisely what I've been trying to do.

I'm at the point of giving up and just cancelling my other account too.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks for any replies, it feels better to get it off my chest :)

CAL

LittleSkyWalker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks for any replies, it feels better to get it off my chest :)
You can buy gametime code off at EA Store.. (instant delivery via email)
Origin this link will redirect to Origin store.. then use the search function (located top right corner).. with keyword of ultima online

Hope it help :)

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CAL just summed up my problem entirely.

What the hell is going on EA?

Also, I've heard people from my guild have been having these identical problems posted on this thread today - I've gone through this thread and it is almost a year old! You guys really need to buckle down and figure this out.

Also, what is the deal with MYUO not working?

Jeez. It is almost as if you don't care about this gaming community sometimes.

G

gairc

not sure if this the right thread but think this is closest one to my problem
I went to reactivate my account (it's been off for a few years) i fergot my password ,was able to do the forgot password to get a new one and link it to my ea account. I added 90day game time code to activate the account. Went to log in and couldn't getting the, you have wrong password account info etc.. message. I have tried just about every combo of log in name/password i could think of.

Sent in a support e-mail no answer to that yet. Called the ea support number was on hold 2hours before i was disconneted then on hold for a hour again and nothing. Could not find an options in phone menus for uo/daoc/war.(when i hit 7 for other games would tell me to go to help.ea.com and hang up so i selected origins). Also left my Phone number with the game adviser thing and no call back on that ether. Maby i'm having realy bad luck on the customer support end of things. Is there no one else i could contact for this stuff?

From what i'm reading i need to get in contact with some one form account management/support to get or reset the original password? And to double check i should be loging in with : accountname_uo now? Any help or additional info would be greatly appreciated thanks!